11/1: SoR/BG/SoS (Gold League Round 3)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

Having some great fights this matchup, I don’t think i’ve experienced any bad skill lag once during SEA prime……. Goes to show just how great this game can be without it.

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

in Match-ups

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

I’m beginning to enjoy this pvf more than being in wvw. At least there’s SoR presence here

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jet.4795

Jet.4795

Can I get a list of the EU guilds in this league and what server they are on and future potential transfers.

Do Russians count? If so:

BG: Coin, HB, RK and ZDs(they’ve stated they’re leaving in the future, possibly at the end of Season 1)
JQ: None that I know of, could be wrong though.
SoR: IRON and AFTL

I don’t think any server else has any decent-sized EU guild that is WvW-focused.

JQ has recently gotten [Tohu] and [SR] both run about 15

Ben Sheets Reborn
Phoenixes Reborn [PR] Commander
“Never give up till the last man is down!”

in Match-ups

Posted by: DKNS.2135

DKNS.2135

Dat 10 ptt. Maybe Indo should give a speech of something to pull it together..

Maybe you should sell a few guilds and even out the numbers eh?

I’m sorry. Didn’t know SOR lacked coverage during NA prime, because that’s when we way pointed your garrison. Maybe we should send over some bg guilds to teach you guys how to believe again

lol advice from BG?? all that would be is “Put together a warchest and Buy/Hire moar guilds” BG tactics OP

Even if we didn’t do that, if we had known it would have caused so much QQ and tears from SoR, we would definitely have done it before itself.

What’s 1000 Gold when compared to the priceless reactions we have been getting from SoR…

I hope that your season 1 chest makes you feel like you worked ‘hard’ and ‘earned’ it., and maybe the prizes will be worth the price you paid for it :P yours truly

Again, even that will be dwarfed by the satisfaction of having reduced SoR to tears. An added bonus would be causing SoR to implode. That would be the real icing on the cake

And why would you want a T1 server to implode? To have less competition. So I guess you do not care about competition and just want easy win.

We all want a server who puts up a fight, not one who resorts to PvF as soon as the opponents put up a little competition. TC would be far better a T1 server than the current SoR with that attitude of theirs.

I’m sure the “Arms race” or the mighty “warchest” was implemented for balance. Our servers were actually balanced before ZD came over.
Enjoy the weeks of pvd for a golden doly finisher. Pretty much sums up how different sor and bg really are.

Aww, it’s so cute when people talk about stuff they have no idea of.

We gave ZD precursors and 1000Gold each just to come for 8 weeks, yep you heard it right here.

BG LA Best LA !!!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Which precursors? If they were Venom, I’m not impressed.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

Actually, DKNS is wrong, we gave them each an Eternity.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Reslinal.2359

Reslinal.2359

Actually, DKNS is wrong, we gave them each an Eternity.

Plus a private jet in real life for each member.

Blackgate Engineer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Poxheart.2845

Poxheart.2845

I think he is trying to break up the map zerg, all 80 people on a tag, he could quite easily have said break up into 2 20 man groups and a 40 man zerg…

He could have, but he didn’t. He specifically suggested that 5 guild commanders should take 7 people and attack 5 different objectives and let the PuGs follow the tag the want.

Poxheart
Knights of the WhiteWolf

in Match-ups

Posted by: KeeZee.7312

KeeZee.7312

Times BG/SOR/JQ fought each other = 26
BG 10
JQ 9
SoR 7
•All first place finishes

Times BG/SOR fought each other = 7
BG 6
SoR 1
•BG finished first all 6 times.

Times BG/JQ fought each other = 7
BG 3
JQ 2
•2 matches neither BG or JQ placed first.

Seems to me that BG’s matches against SoR were easy fights for BG. Stats don’t show BG to be in anyway considered the under dogs. They actually show them to be the strongest server over all between the 3.

Matches included beginning “Week 01 05-12 January” to present.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

LOL who what guild? Tell us please. Quit your kittening. You guys came to many guilds on SOS last week asking if we wanted to team up with you against BG. Get over yourself. As I’ve said the MAIN sos guilds have no deals and intend not to make one.

I have a few screen shots. I’ll PM them to you. But I don’t really feel that this is a conversation that needs to go much further. SoS is confused whether they’re double-teaming or not, SoR are a bunch of whipped dogs, and BG are conquering kittens. I think we’ve established the current modus operandi.

Have to agree, the majority of SoS is just playing although it is ironic that double team QQ’s come from SoR … SBI anyone ? Karma, is there anything it can’t do ?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Balefire.7592

Balefire.7592

I don’t see why BG is complaining so much about our lack of presence.
You wanted to win, right? Well, you got it “Beastgate”.
You hate SoR right? Well now SoR is doing poorly – you should be happy. How many times have I read posts from BG proclaiming that SoR should implode, or that it wasn’t fit for Tier 1? Us doing poorly should be the cause of celebration on your server.
I have never seen the majority of BG hold fast to “wanting good fights” anyway, even back in Tier 2 last year, so why make a fuss? As I recall, “Beastgate” liked to flaunt it’s 12-whatever streak to SoR for a good long while, so here’s your opportunity to add to that. A few prominent BG players have stated they wanted to balance things, but let’s be serious, that’s just not going to happen any time soon. And it certainly doesn’t seem like most of BG wants even fights, kicking us when we’re down and whatnot. Your incessant tolling certainly isn’t going to magically reinvigorate us, given the fact most Rallians don’t read the forums anyway.
So for now, just enjoy your free ride to Gold League 1st or 2nd Place, and that sweet Dolyak finisher, if you care about these things.

Scrubbiest Necro NA.

(edited by Balefire.7592)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ethurian.3751

Ethurian.3751

Like everyone, I’m here for the fighting. I don’t care about winning or losing, its just that — I stop playing if I’m not, well, actually winning. Because I love the fights. It’s a ploy, a tactical time-out used to instill confusion in the enemy’s ranks.

That’s a Bingo.
Sine Pari

in Match-ups

Posted by: Elano.2014

Elano.2014

When SoR finishes 1st all their forum warriors come out and chest thump.

When SoR finishes 2nd they QQ and blame BG for stacking.

As if BG doesn’t do the same.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vermillion.4061

Vermillion.4061

Remember that SoR/SBI/SoS match just before leagues?

SoR was purposely teaming up with SBI in attempt to tank SoS from gold league.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Elano.2014

Elano.2014

SoR is much worse when it comes to PvF, as you can tell from the passed 11 pages.

Ah, so BG are PvF champions? :P

Trolling aside, you and I are contributing the same amount to the past 11 pages.

in Match-ups

Posted by: SonofNoob.3102

SonofNoob.3102

Remember that SoR/SBI/SoS match just before leagues?

SoR was purposely teaming up with SBI in attempt to tank SoS from gold league.

Yup, you had SoR commanders on SBIs teamspeak commanding them and coordinating the 2v1.

in Match-ups

KeeZee.7312

Times BG/SOR fought each other = 7
BG 6
SoR 1
•BG finished first all 6 times.

Matches included beginning “Week 01 05-12 January” to present.

What’s this about when SoR finishes first?

in Match-ups

Posted by: sielfiel.4692

sielfiel.4692

according to the whispers, 4 more EU guilds are scouting NA.

Blackgate since day 1

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cliques.3947

Cliques.3947

Like everyone, I’m here for the fighting. I don’t care about winning or losing, its just that — I stop playing if I’m not, well, actually winning. Because I love the fights. It’s a ploy, a tactical time-out used to instill confusion in the enemy’s ranks.

Rope a dope good sir, rope a dope!

Chimichunga [Eng] – Salsa Machina [Warrior]
oPP – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

If that’s true, it would be great if none of the four actually went to BG.

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Screenager.7804

Screenager.7804

had a great few hours out on SoS BL this afternoon ended up tagging for the first time since aftl moved t sor. thanks to peeps for following was a good run lots of bags xD

Screenager
Executed [ExE] – Piken Square
characterselect.net

in Match-ups

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

@SoR if you want SoS to push BG you need to dedicate a substantial force to BG border and turn something other then se tower green… suggest papering their north towers as signal for sos to push them? Right now doing ops on bg is not working since they have treb/scout on each gate & we don’t have the manpower you guys have.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dr Acula.3496

Dr Acula.3496

Thx for the fun fight club last night SoR and BG! I had a good a time and some good fights!

Depressed Unicorns – Necro [Agg]

in Match-ups

Posted by: celeron.3469

celeron.3469

Thx for the fun fight club last night SoR and BG! I had a good a time and some good fights!

I was watching RIOTs stream, looked like a really good turn out. Too late for me to be playing otherwise I would’ve loved to have been there.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

had a great few hours out on SoS BL this afternoon ended up tagging for the first time since aftl moved t sor. thanks to peeps for following was a good run lots of bags xD

I saw a few of your tags out there today. That must have been you pushing our spawn tower. Good stuff, and we had some decent fights for the couple of hours I was able to play.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cuddlepie.8109

Cuddlepie.8109

This thread simultaneously features the funniest, most ironic, and most disturbing posts collection of WvW posts I recall.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kysin.6349

Kysin.6349

Happy to always see HL in full force on their time zone. When HL says they don’t care about ppt, they mean it. Always a great fight as well, take my +1

On a second note, I want to win this league for BG. however, I am super disappointed to see a 40k lead on Sunday. I hope SoR gets a defibrillator zap soon.

Co-leader of Knights of Eminence[Sir] – PvX
Reap The Weak[Reap] – WvW 5-man havok
-Blackgate

in Match-ups

KeeZee.7312

Number are only this year.

But I know, BG lost to SoR like last year sometime and nothing has changed since.

Other than BG taking 6 out of 7 matches when they went head to head without JQ.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nyx Xox.3540

Nyx Xox.3540

LOL who what guild? Tell us please. Quit your kittening. You guys came to many guilds on SOS last week asking if we wanted to team up with you against BG. Get over yourself. As I’ve said the MAIN sos guilds have no deals and intend not to make one.

As i said in map-chat, almost all are running with the karma trainer and i think i saw also most tags including some of yours in there so you might ask you own guildies.

Dont you think its ironic that the many calls to use ts have lead to an advanced stage of karma train. Even if i wanted i could not go on ts because i cannot tolerate this kitten. The only thing this does on sos currently is that it upsets the wvw peeps and attracts farming guilds.
Also, the fact that no one dares to speak up against it and that our wvw base basically dont play and therefore seem to encourage farmers even more that what they are doing is right, isn`t really helping.

I could go back a few weeks and quote Man at Arms going that we lost ppl cause of the karma trains and no ts. Well, gg, now we have karma trains and ts.
Even if it gets me on ignore lists i will be happy once this weekend is over and we get stomped again.

LOL. For one as I’ve said the main WvW guilds have no deals struck. I don’t count our karma train guilds as a main WvW guild. Two is some CNB happen to be rolling in a karma train IDGAF. CNB is not a karma train guild. As long as my members are there for our mandatory raid where no karma train is involved then they’re good. Thursdays we make it a fun lowbie night karma train. Just because you see some of my guild in a karma train in no way makes us a karma train guild who makes deals with other servers.

To SOR heres the thing about you higher ranked servers. You like to think you have the ability to chose the outcome of a match. Just like when SOR/SBI/SOS faced up against each other, you guys “supposedly” wanted SBI to be 2nd so you pushed us hard. BG now apparently wants you last so they are pushing on you guys hard. Take that up with them, and stop bringing SOS into it like we give a kitten. We don’t care for your T1 drama. We just play the game and show up each match doing our best with no ques. Believe me if you want but again the MAIN SOS WvW guilds have NO agreement with BG. You complained about being pushed by both of us but that happens all the time. Like reset night when BG/SOR both were pushing into our garrison not touching each other until they moved us out of the way. Does that mean you guys had a deal? O_O lol Now our karma train guilds idk….they tend to do stupid things but its not many of them nor does the whole server comply.

Its Nyx Yo
[CNB] Guild leader/Commander
Sea of Sorrows

in Match-ups

Posted by: JaredKincade.9761

JaredKincade.9761

Which map was ZDs on at reset?

in Match-ups

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Why do certain people from BG care whether SoR puts up a fight or not? Worry about your own server, and let SoR handle it’s own. The politics and health of another server shouldn’t be anyone’s business but their own, regardless of who they are.

The vast majority of the BG posters that post their vitriol, have some unhealthy hate for SoR. Holy crap, it’s a game. Is this the common mentality of people these days? To irrationally hate someone they’ve never met, to the point of wishing that their community will implode?

The anonymity of the internet makes it so easy for someone’s true nature to shine through. That’s not always a good thing to see.

e.g. Fann Wong. Every post I see from him is diplomatic and friendly/kind in nature. I won’t name names for the opposite types. You know who you are, and it would likely result in the post being removed.

TLDR: mind your own server business, and let SoR take care of it’s own.

Read up on some of the history behind SoR and BG/SoS and you’ll see it is well deserved. SoR had this coming.

It’s fueled even more by the fact that when SoR caused SoS to implode, many of us went to BG and that a few weeks ago, they were trying to bully SoS as many people from SoS have said so in this thread.

That’s some rewriting of history there, what caused sir to implode was merc leaving to bg then enticing other guilds to go with them.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in Match-ups

Posted by: Werat.7063

Werat.7063

Dont get your panties in an bunch Nyx. I dont see where we disagree except that i do indeed count our karma train guilds (or rather commanders). If they pull 50 man and dominate the maps over several hours they are a force to be dealt with (or rather not, since karma is no hanky panky and such). Nevertheless all those that have been participating in it are also supporting it, maybe not direclty but indirectly. None of them stopped, none said anything, everyone was fine by it. As a result we had no fights whatsoever.
And i could recall a conversation at north camp our bl were people with well known tags insisted that we must karma with jq and that “this is what wvw is all about” last week. Incidentally followed by another one that we must face the jq blob with an equal blob with the same argument. I loled and logged.

eu league
“Opportunities multiply as they are seized.”

in Match-ups

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Well to be fair that also sounds like bg

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in Match-ups

Posted by: juicifruitz.6251

juicifruitz.6251

To the Peoples saying SOR was the cause of the SOS implosion, maybe you were too busy on another server like Kainang, or such to recall that at the time of the SoS implosion BG had just received 13* guilds (including the AOL alliance, MERC, FOE, AGG to name but a few) from SoS.

Now lets compare that to SOR, who received OCX, TSYM, AFS out of the bigger players at the time (and all of whom stayed on SoS longer than any of the for mentioned guilds that left for BG), and maybe another 2 – 3 smaller guilds.

Now out of those bigger players of that era, you tell me if it was really, truly SOR that made SoS implode, or perhaps the buying of those guilds that got BG 13 Guilds from SoS.

*this number maybe out by 1 or 2 but it is extremely close to not give a kitten

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

Well to be fair that also sounds like bg

thats not possible. bg never finishes 2nd

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in Match-ups

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

LOL. For one as I’ve said the main WvW guilds have no deals struck. I don’t count our karma train guilds as a main WvW guild. Two is some CNB happen to be rolling in a karma train IDGAF. CNB is not a karma train guild. As long as my members are there for our mandatory raid where no karma train is involved then they’re good. Thursdays we make it a fun lowbie night karma train. Just because you see some of my guild in a karma train in no way makes us a karma train guild who makes deals with other servers.

To SOR heres the thing about you higher ranked servers. You like to think you have the ability to chose the outcome of a match. Just like when SOR/SBI/SOS faced up against each other, you guys “supposedly” wanted SBI to be 2nd so you pushed us hard. BG now apparently wants you last so they are pushing on you guys hard. Take that up with them, and stop bringing SOS into it like we give a kitten. We don’t care for your T1 drama. We just play the game and show up each match doing our best with no ques. Believe me if you want but again the MAIN SOS WvW guilds have NO agreement with BG. You complained about being pushed by both of us but that happens all the time. Like reset night when BG/SOR both were pushing into our garrison not touching each other until they moved us out of the way. Does that mean you guys had a deal? O_O lol Now our karma train guilds idk….they tend to do stupid things but its not many of them nor does the whole server comply.

I would like to thank the SOS karma train. I tagged up in eternal on BG today when noone else was tagged and we flip-flopped SM a few times without too much hassle which allowed us to pressure SOR for soft targets. I’m not in on any conspiracy, I just figured some easy wxp and karma was a good idea.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

SoR’s tears. So delicious. Especially after they failed to kick SoS out of gold league by coordinating with SBI in teamspeak in the SoS/SBI/SoR match prior to league starting.

Now it has come to bite them on their kitten behinds.

If there is a 2v1 against you involving SoS. I doubt BG had any thing to do with it. I think that’s just the SoS hardcores you kitten’d off and wanting revenge.

For the time being. We enjoy seeing this whilst your hopes of that golden yak is snatched away from you.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

celeron.3469

at the time of the SoS implosion BG had just received 13* guilds (including the AOL alliance, MERC, FOE, AGG to name but a few) from SoS.

It sounds more like you couldn’t name 13 guilds. I’ll help you, I’ll even include the numbers they usually ran at that time.

NA:
AoI: ATac (25), OnS(25) , Work(15), DR(10), VI(5-8)
Agg (30)/FoE (25) – Transferred 2 weeks before the rest, then transferred off BG 2 weeks later or something

Oceanic:
MERC (40)

SEA:
ND (40)

I’m 95% sure I’m not forgetting any guilds, leaving 5% there because it has been awhile… maybe there is some guild I don’t remember… maybe. That is 9 guilds, 2 of which were small guilds with about 50 members each. I’ll also tell you AoI did not get paid to move anywhere. I farmed Orr for 3 days before I had enough to move.

I’ll also tell you it was probably JQ’s stacking during free transfers that made the move happen, not their EU, not SoR, not SoR’s EU. SoS got VoTF and ND during that, but it was still not enough to compete with JQ. Also during that time JQ was telling every potential transfer how stacked SoS was, even ignoring the fact that SoS had lost half its NA and the only SEA it had was MERC (who didn’t always play SEA at that time), AFS (who ran like 10 people), and ND.

There’s always somebody who tries to bring that move up, but when I come in there as somebody who was actually part of it, you never hear from that person again.

in Match-ups

DKNS.2135

This match-up has been like Karmic Justice to SoR. Even if somehow BG doesn’t win the league, we will still remember it for bringing so many SoR players to tears in the match-ups that entailed.

BG LA Best LA !!!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vespirisa.1497

Vespirisa.1497

Just watched a SoS zerg jump to their deaths off SMC.

IoJ→KN→DB→SoR→CD→SoR→TC → SBI
Scrub D/D Ele. What’s server loyalty?

in Match-ups

DKNS.2135

at the time of the SoS implosion BG had just received 13* guilds (including the AOL alliance, MERC, FOE, AGG to name but a few) from SoS.

It sounds more like you couldn’t name 13 guilds. I’ll help you, I’ll even include the numbers they usually ran at that time.

NA:
Agg (30)/FoE (25) – Transferred 2 weeks before the rest, then transferred off BG 2 weeks later or something

Oceanic:
MERC (40)

SEA:
ND (40)

I’m 95% sure I’m not forgetting any guilds, leaving 5% there because it has been awhile… maybe there is some guild I don’t remember… maybe. That is 9 guilds, 2 of which were small guilds with about 50 members each. I’ll also tell you AoI did not get paid to move anywhere. I farmed Orr for 3 days before I had enough to move.

I’ll also tell you it was probably JQ’s stacking during free transfers that made the move happen, not their EU, not SoR, not SoR’s EU. SoS got VoTF and ND during that, but it was still not enough to compete with JQ. Also during that time JQ was telling every potential transfer how stacked SoS was, even ignoring the fact that SoS had lost half its NA and the only SEA it had was MERC (who didn’t always play SEA at that time) and ND.

There’s always somebody who tries to bring that move up, but when I come in there as somebody who was actually part of it, you never hear from that person again.

It was both JQ and SoR responsible. JQ after forming the mega-server went all out on us because of the bitter JQ-SoS rivalry and SoR, knowing at that time that they can not compete against JQ, decided to focus SoS for weeks. I was with MERC at that time and i too remember how those weeks went. It was daily overtimes and a chore just to try to stay in T1.

Meh, it’s over anyways and is like beating a dead horse (i myself shouldn’t have brought it up originally). I am just enjoying this match-up for the time being because of them SoR tears so let’s just drop it. Besides, BG has been awesome and i have no regrets and i am pretty sure many of the others who came as well

BG LA Best LA !!!

in Match-ups

juicifruitz.6251

celeron.3469

juicifruitz.6251:

NA:

Oceanic:
MERC (40)

SEA:
ND (40)

I’ll also tell you it was probably JQ’s stacking during free transfers that made the move happen, not their EU, not SoR, not SoR’s EU. SoS got VoTF and ND during that, but it was still not enough to compete with JQ. Also during that time JQ was telling every potential transfer how stacked SoS was, even ignoring the fact that SoS had lost half its NA and the only SEA it had was MERC (who didn’t always play SEA at that time), AFS (who ran like 10 people), and ND.

Lets not forget about those other small guilds that also went, and the dieing, DIE, yes granted they had already virtually dissolved into MERC prior to the move. Oh and Yes I was there on SoS at the time of all of this happening.

My point stands, which you still seem to have missed completely, the undeniable facts of the matter is, for people to say it was SOR that caused the implosion, when BG took, some were bought and others weren’t or the leads of said guilds, didn’t want to share the coinage, still got the majority of guids from SOS, that was the true cause of the implosion.

Yes there was the heated, and getting more heated by the day marriage between SoS and JQ, that caused some guilds to feel like they had to do over time, despite members of said guilds, in the SoS commander forum telling people NOT to do over time.. Then they go to BG only for the pattern to repeat it’s self…

At the end of the day the reason I brought this up again, was to dispel some of the BS about the SoS implosion, and blaming SOR for it all.

But yes a little of the actual truth makes it harder for the trolls to blame SOR and who just happened to be the next inline to be bumped up, and who fought to keep their spot in T1.

in Match-ups

celeron.3469

when BG took, some were bought and others weren’t or the leads of said guilds, didn’t want to share the coinage

At the end of the day the reason I brought this up again, was to dispel some of the BS about the SoS implosion, and blaming SOR for it all.

But yes a little of the actual truth makes it harder for the trolls to blame SOR and who just happened to be the next inline to be bumped up, and who fought to keep their spot in T1.

So its OK for you to dispel slander about SoR, but not ok for me to dispel slander about my guild and my server? Awesome. Looks like you fit right in on your server. Compelling argument as well, some unknown payment was sent to some unknown guilds during a transfer that only you have the knowledge of. Not somebody who was basically co-leader (with 3 others) of one of those guilds. No way.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tarkus.4109

Tarkus.4109

NA:

Oceanic:
MERC (40)

SEA:
ND (40)

I’ll also tell you it was probably JQ’s stacking during free transfers that made the move happen, not their EU, not SoR, not SoR’s EU. SoS got VoTF and ND during that, but it was still not enough to compete with JQ. Also during that time JQ was telling every potential transfer how stacked SoS was, even ignoring the fact that SoS had lost half its NA and the only SEA it had was MERC (who didn’t always play SEA at that time) and ND.

It was both JQ and SoR responsible. JQ after forming the mega-server went all out on us because of the bitter JQ-SoS rivalry and SoR, knowing at that time that they can not compete against JQ, decided to focus SoS for weeks. I was with MERC at that time and i too remember how those weeks went. It was daily overtimes and a chore just to try to stay in T1.

Meh, it’s over anyways and is like beating a dead horse (i myself shouldn’t have brought it up originally). I am just enjoying this match-up for the time being because of them SoR tears so let’s just drop it. Besides, BG has been awesome and i have no regrets and i am pretty sure many of the others who came as well

Just have to point out that the major reason can’t be lead at the feet of “x” server, as its always internal – if a server collapses after a peak there is usually a strong in-house element as with what happened on ET with TL/PTX/RUIN/FoE/LotD.

For a while there was a little tension between the NA guilds on SoS regarding when they could take “rest/training weeks” – as it sometimes was not communicated widely to the other NA guilds. This often left the other guilds such as AoI to get the rough end of the stick and I remember after the first couple of incidents a majority of the NA guys just stopped logging in. I remember one of the weeks that we had to break JQ and SBIs T3 structures in oceanic (0000-0400 server time), that being our home towers on our home bl that were high tier (including a t2 JQ garrison, and the home two t2 towers).

This constant stress was amplified by the fact the server had no SEA coverage albeit from ND who were one guild against the many from JQ. I wasn’t in MERC while on SoS, and joined later when DiE began to field like 4 guys per night as opposed to its old 15-20; so I can’t speak for MERCs internal issues with SoS

But what would you do if having dismal ppt into your prime became a repetitive thing, where you would log and have to break high tier home structures for around 4 weeks with no likely change? We started on like 120 ppt each night (ONE carrying the server in EB) and had to work with paper until SEA where it was guaranteed that we’d lose everything. Every night was a losing battle because we eventually lose to attrition on everything other than home bl.

BG/SoR were appealing for transfers as they had strong NA on one hand and strong SEA/EU (Thai and co) on the other – we eventually settled on BG and yeah you know the rest to a degree. When MERC moved there didn’t seem to be much of a point for the other guilds that moved to stay on the server as when a large amount of your population leaves from a timezone it is guaranteed to bite the rest of the server in the kitten .

Retired OCX Pugmander and Guild driver [Tarkus, Vaelle]

(edited by Tarkus.4109)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gully.7358

Gully.7358

Really, BG. We’re painting your BL green and you DDOS our TS.

Good work.

No problem

Veretta • Guildleader of [oPP] Over Powered PeopleBlackgate
http://www.gw2opp.comhttp://www.youtube.com/user/oppveretta

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ethurian.3751

Ethurian.3751

I was going to go get some coffee and a muffin this afternoon, walk out to my car, battery is dead. Blackgate saw us painting the BL green and actually physically sabotaged my car. I checked my brake lines – all cut. It couldn’t have been the ex-wife, it had to have been Blackgate.

First Blackgate gets a new guild ZD which their guild utterly just destroys 3 time zones. They only play in 1, but that doesn’t matter – it’s one of those “inbetweenzy” ones. And another guild from awhile ago – but it matters now, it didn’t before – does now.

Blackgate isn’t even Tier 1. It’s Tier 0, or .5, I don’t know I’m not a creative person, I only work here. Can’t believe this is happening. It used to be balanced, but BG got a whole bunch of guilds like totally a bunch, like oodles, el grande numero. SOR has become the Spartans. Blackgate now has 24/7 coverage, which is apparently, 24 more hours than SOR does now.

That’s a Bingo.
Sine Pari

(edited by Ethurian.3751)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shinji.2063

Shinji.2063

IT was a good push sor, scared our pugs that where holding maps quite a bit. Guild groups are getting back in though so we will try not to demoralize you too much like last time.

in Match-ups

DKNS.2135

I was going to go get some coffee and a muffin this afternoon, walk out to my car, battery is dead. Blackgate saw us painting the BL green and actually physically sabotaged my car. I checked my brake lines – all cut. It couldn’t have been the ex-wife, it had to have been Blackgate.

First Blackgate gets a new guild ZD which their guild utterly just destroys 3 time zones. They only play in 1, but that doesn’t matter – it’s one of those “inbetweenzy” ones. And another guild from awhile ago – but it matters now, it didn’t before – does now.

Blackgate isn’t even Tier 1. It’s Tier 0, or .5, I don’t know I’m not a creative person, I only work here. Can’t believe this is happening. It used to be balanced, but BG got a whole bunch of guilds like totally a bunch, like oodles, el grande numero. SOR has become the Spartans. Blackgate now has 24/7 coverage, which is apparently, 24 more hours than SOR does now.

Best post in the thread

BG LA Best LA !!!

in Match-ups

juicifruitz.6251

when BG took, some were bought and others weren’t or the leads of said guilds, didn’t want to share the coinage

So its OK for you to dispel slander about SoR, but not ok for me to dispel slander about my guild and my server? Awesome. Looks like you fit right in on your server. Compelling argument as well, some unknown payment was sent to some unknown guilds during a transfer that only you have the knowledge of. Not somebody who was basically co-leader (with 3 others) of one of those guilds. No way.

Your more than fine to dispel slander about your own server, how ever there were some guilds bought, it may not of been your guild, but never the less some were bought.

Just because you weren’t privy to something doesn’t mean it did or didn’t happen.

At the end of the day your picking on one tiny wincy aspect of my post, and completely ignoring that the whole entire reason it was brought back up again was, because members of your current server, and newer members of SoS have said SOR was the sole reason SOS imploded, at that time, which I was stating is utterly incorrect, and at the same time, also point to the fact that if the SoS people really wanted to hate a server they should perhaps look at BG since your, now current, server took the lions share of the SOS WvW guilds compared to SOR, JQ, TC and FA.

So please don’t be getting your knickers in a knot because of the small aspect of my post. but by all means please try to point out where in my reasoning that it, if there be any server that, should SoS hate a server more, when presented with the facts, it should actually be BG.

But that wouldn’t really allow for the love in BG and SOS are currently having.

P.S. before people thing am bagging SoS with that last comment, they are just playing it smart and taking advantage of how this match up is currently being played out.

in Match-ups

Posted by: kyro.8162

kyro.8162

I wonder how the matchup thread will look next week. (BG, Mag, and SoR)

Sanctum of Rall
New Namek [Kami]
Guardian/Ele/Warrior/Engi/Mes/Necro/Ranger