11/1: SoR/BG/SoS (Gold League Round 3)

in Match-ups

Posted by: BAITness.1083

BAITness.1083

Thank you, Spanky. We all hope your gm gets better soon. Good luck from me and all the poor people I harass on Blackgate.

Hyade and his flamethrower

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

You can have these two back in a few days, we’re just going to sugar them up and send them back to you like Grandma does the grandkids.

So long as those two still wearing tag [EP], parents welcoming with open arms

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avitori.6093

Avitori.6093

You must be talking about my guild. It’s ok you can ask me why. I ran because I only had 5 to 6 guild members on my tag the rest militia. I consider Choo really good and with what I had on my tag I couldn’t fight you. I couldn’t get a lot of my guys on the map last night because we had multiple guilds on the map. KnT & ZN had more than me on the map so I relied on them to fight you. I could tell by the way you guys were lurking you were looking for a fight and I tried to give you one a bunch of times.

I think he was talking about the entire BG BL since reset. It’s been rather stale in open field. The only big “are we gonna make it” fights happen in your T3 keeps we’re breaking into. Which are very fun fights, don’t get me wrong, but after that it gets rather boring due to tower/keep turtles and waypointing out instead of turning to fight.

Not directly pointing the finger at ONS. We could tell that KNT and ZN had more numbers than ONS last night.

I understand how that could get boring. Still though, if I’m running from a battle there’s generally a very good reason because I rather fight 90% of the time.

I assure you, OnS loves their fights. Me personally, it is the only reason I play WvW as the ppt game gets old, even during leagues. BG BL has been very militia heavy on our side the past week and a half, and it has been frustrating at times to say the least. Respect to Choo for coming out and fighting hard despite the score, we definitely notice you guys out every night. As Malevolent said, we never more than maybe 10 OnS and always 2-3 of them were scouting Towers/Garri etc. We did out best to give you some fights last night as it was apparent when you guys were running circles outside our garrison and we regrouped with KnT and ZN + any militia we had and gave you a fight.

Hopefully you understand why we port out now when you catch one of us open field with only maybe 10-12 and we port out to a 35-40 strong Choo army, I think you would do the same. We and hope to give you guys some great fights in the future.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jet.4795

Jet.4795

All BGs wanting to be #1 are hilarious.

I want more… I want SoR to fall apart.

See this is why people hate BG.

I heard that when JQ went to T2 for the first time few months ago and when they were back to T1, for the very first time, JQ and SOR 2v1ed BG for 7 days long at some point BG ppt dropped to less than 50 all because someone on SOR wanted BG guilds and community to fall apart? (source from JQ)

Your source is wrong.

o’ really, cuz waha admitted it publicly no one knew the motives behind but he just told

1 person does not represent the whole server.

Ben Sheets Reborn
Phoenixes Reborn [PR] Commander
“Never give up till the last man is down!”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shifty.4985

Shifty.4985

Ty for the bag farming on SoS bl Coin and vice versa I presume
Too bad we camped our spawn tower a bit too much.. Oh wait were not the first

Ex [HB]|[IRON][][RIP][RawR]
The rebirth begins

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

All BGs wanting to be #1 are hilarious.

I want more… I want SoR to fall apart.

See this is why people hate BG.

I heard that when JQ went to T2 for the first time few months ago and when they were back to T1, for the very first time, JQ and SOR 2v1ed BG for 7 days long at some point BG ppt dropped to less than 50 all because someone on SOR wanted BG guilds and community to fall apart? (source from JQ)

Your source is wrong.

o’ really, cuz waha admitted it publicly no one knew the motives behind but he just told

1 person does not represent the whole server.

100% true but I bet 1 person could help influence decisions made by the server.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

You can have these two back in a few days, we’re just going to sugar them up and send them back to you like Grandma does the grandkids.

So long as those two still wearing tag [EP], parents welcoming with open arms

I meant SoR and BG. I’d clarify but apparently the original post was somehow perceived as being insulting????

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jorjeis.2169

Jorjeis.2169

If SoR was all about the fights I would have expected them to be getting far more stomp points than the other servers.

Member of [KnT] – Blackgate

(edited by Jorjeis.2169)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cuddlepie.8109

Cuddlepie.8109

As of now all Iron members have been told not to post on these forums anymore .
People have been kicked from the guild and anyone found posting will be warned and told to delete their posts if they ignore this they will be kicked .
you may smack talk Iron but we are one of the most dedicated guilds in gw2 . we turn up every night trying to fight the blobgantuan, running as just iron something posters from some of the guilds here should try .

Respect to IRON for taking this step. When people celebrate forum trolling as part of your guild – particularly when the trolling is not particularly good – it doesn’t reflect well.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jado Cast.1805

Jado Cast.1805

Okay, so I’ll admit I was trolling pretty hard last week and early this week because I was tired of the chest thumping by SoR and some guilds, but they appear to stop with their tolling. So can we make the last few pages this week GG’s instead of trolling?

Let’s get back to fighting and get ready for a BULL rush.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Synyster.5894

Synyster.5894

Watching a little zerg on zerg

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: electriette.8952

electriette.8952

SoR scouts you should also consider TC along with Mag/SoS, I am guesting over on TC this week and their wvw community is very fun and stress free.

It’s been fun having you guest over too. Been hearing nothing but good things. (I hear ya the talk of the town with the lady folk too). Enjoy rest of week.

I WANT SOR TO FALL!!! And then i want to TC to grow big enough to fight us because TC is fun and SoR is boring.

That’s about as black and white as you could have written, very cool thanks for nice note. Guessing you don’t like SoR much, we had some good fights with them last week.

As I pointed out in an earlier post, TC doesn’t go ballistic when they lose, which makes me certain they’ll be humble if they win.

Does not achieve anything. Besides, it’s more fun to hash out things within guild/group/voip channel then to pvf it (I figure most servers do this, its really only the minority who air dirty laundry and point fingers publicly). What are they called? The vocal minority or something? Granted all people have limits if you set them on yourselves. More enjoyable to fight and play how you want.

Yeah that’d be great if TC got the transfers they needed

Thanks for the thought.

TC are an awesome server. As i pointed out in the last thread, they kept a constant ~150ppt in the last match from start till end showing that they never gave up and tried their best throughout the week and there was never even a single QQ from them unlike a certain server we all know.

Had fun battling you guys too. Even if times were a little tougher, not goign to stop us from having fun and playing in WvW.

It seems TC is the most liked server, if I ever had to choose another server that’s where I would go, unless of course BG offered me 15k gold, which according to SoR they’re throwing away like candy.

Lol… takes hat off head, flips it upside down, and holds it to the wind …checks if any BG money flying in the wind ~ checks hat – nothing

Ah well, woulda spent it on beer anyway

So the big question I have now, is who is IRUN (is that a knock off of IRON, or a legit guild ~ Sorry just trying to get used to the movement)

~X [STUN]
TC cabana boy by day, wvw by night

Hexin i think ur high. go to sleep or something. OR BREAD GO TO BREAD.

Remember to spread the word! I feel like Mancen, I want to Mance the night awaaaay~

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shifty.4985

Shifty.4985

Okay, so I’ll admit I was trolling pretty hard last week and early this week because I was tired of the chest thumping by SoR and some guilds, but they appear to stop with their tolling. So can we make the last few pages this week GG’s instead of trolling?

Let’s get back to fighting and get ready for a BULL rush.

Out of curiosity which guilds from SoR were ‘Chest thumping’?

Ex [HB]|[IRON][][RIP][RawR]
The rebirth begins

in Match-ups

Posted by: Stonewall.6037

Stonewall.6037

Thanks to SoS and BG for some epic EB battles this week, and compliments to to FEAR and IRON for courage rising above the negativity.

So Long, and Thanks For the Loot Bags.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Killdozer.5731

Killdozer.5731

Hats off to all friends and foes who are showing up to compete. Without you guys T1 is a really lonely place. And to all the BG guys giving IRON a hard time, it appears that they are trying to reel in their trolls on the forums lets show them some respect and try and do the same (can’t believe I’m saying this). They are going through a pretty rough time with their guild leader being ill. Let’s try and show SOME decency to them as that would be a horrible situation for anyone to go through.

I completely agree with this but it needs to be applied on both sides. This in particular is why I found posters such as Shifty so distasteful, obviously the guild didn’t need the added drama he seemed to insist on. Pretty shameful on his part in my opinion, I hope your leader makes a strong recovery and you all bounce back from this rough spot. Sorry for any past snark, glad to see the leadership reining things in you have this nameless pug’s respect =P

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Hexin i think ur high.

You ain’t seen nothing yet ;-P

Remember to spread the word! I feel like Mancen, I want to Mance the night awaaaay~

… just going to leave this here for ya (will be paying for it later I’m sure )

Attachments:

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

Hexin is feeling wordy today

Attachments:

in Match-ups

electriette.8952

Hexin i think ur high.

You ain’t seen nothing yet ;-P

… just going to leave this here for ya (will be paying for it later I’m sure )

Be glad I’m in the library and don’t have the client installed on this laptop

in Match-ups

Posted by: Slomoshun.6317

Slomoshun.6317

You must be talking about my guild. It’s ok you can ask me why. I ran because I only had 5 to 6 guild members on my tag the rest militia. I consider Choo really good and with what I had on my tag I couldn’t fight you. I couldn’t get a lot of my guys on the map last night because we had multiple guilds on the map. KnT & ZN had more than me on the map so I relied on them to fight you. I could tell by the way you guys were lurking you were looking for a fight and I tried to give you one a bunch of times.

I think he was talking about the entire BG BL since reset. It’s been rather stale in open field. The only big “are we gonna make it” fights happen in your T3 keeps we’re breaking into. Which are very fun fights, don’t get me wrong, but after that it gets rather boring due to tower/keep turtles and waypointing out instead of turning to fight.

Not directly pointing the finger at ONS. We could tell that KNT and ZN had more numbers than ONS last night.

I understand how that could get boring. Still though, if I’m running from a battle there’s generally a very good reason because I rather fight 90% of the time.

I assure you, OnS loves their fights. Me personally, it is the only reason I play WvW as the ppt game gets old, even during leagues. BG BL has been very militia heavy on our side the past week and a half, and it has been frustrating at times to say the least. Respect to Choo for coming out and fighting hard despite the score, we definitely notice you guys out every night. As Malevolent said, we never more than maybe 10 OnS and always 2-3 of them were scouting Towers/Garri etc. We did out best to give you some fights last night as it was apparent when you guys were running circles outside our garrison and we regrouped with KnT and ZN + any militia we had and gave you a fight.

Hopefully you understand why we port out now when you catch one of us open field with only maybe 10-12 and we port out to a 35-40 strong Choo army, I think you would do the same. We and hope to give you guys some great fights in the future.

Again, not once did I point at ONS, plz stop taking it personal. ONS and KNT are good fights. Yes, I would run or port out if I only had 10-12 on me and I ran into a 35-40 ONS/KNT.

I’m not talking about those scenarios. I’m talking about the ones were we run over a hill, see a big BG zerg that could be a good fight and watch them waypoint out. Again, not pointing at any guild and not talking about when it was just 10-12 BG.

in Match-ups

Posted by: JaredKincade.9761

JaredKincade.9761

All the posts about “buying” guilds has got me thinking.

Before I start let me clarify something that people like to forget. I can’t speak for all servers, but I know enough about what’s going on BG to know that BG has never ever given more than the cost of a guild to move. In fact, I know of no particular case where it was more than 50% of the moving costs. In ZDs case, it was much much less. So for the definition of helping guilds move, or “buying” I’m talking about 50% or less than the guild cost to move.

It shows how differently SOR and BG consider their community. SOR is very proud of the fact they never ever “buy” guilds to SOR. They talk about their community but they refuse to help any guild become a part of it.

BGs community is inclusive and SOR’s is exclusive. BG invites guilds to become a part of its community. More importantly, we are willing to go to bat for any guild that wants to become a part of it. We’ve done influence boosts, let people share guild missions and yes, we’ve sent gold to help reduce a guilds out of pocket expense to become a part of our community.

It’s not something we are ashamed of, it’s something we are PROUD of. Committing to moving a guild that one person or a small group of people have worked months or even a year to build to move to a new home is scary. The costs are enormous, not just transfer costs, but influence for guild upgrades and guild missions are a six week minimum to rebuild, that’s with unlimited influence. Why in the world would a guild make that sacrifice if they weren’t 100% sure they would be welcomed into the new community.

That’s why we go to great lengths to make them feel welcome and put our money where our mouth is and help cut the costs they have down. We show them that we want them here, that we’ll make room for them on reset night, that we’ll invite them to the server meetings and welcome them to post on server websites. Nothing brings guilds together like sharing the same guild chat for a week or two while you build influence or share guild missions. THAT is community.

(EDIT: Based on posts that SOR never ever helps guilds move with gold)
In contrast to that philosophy is SOR’s, which can be boiled down to “Get on my level.” You make it clear that no one is welcome to SOR unless they take a step of faith towards your community, instead of you making a step of faith towards their guild.

(EDIT: Based on posts from your community in this very thread) It is the same attitude towards new players on your own server. They have to be as “hardcore” as your guilds are before they are welcome on the map. Casuals need not apply, either to your guilds or your server.

Then, you make it a point to degrade and downtalk BG for its community choices. We aren’t inclusive in your eyes, we are “PvX guilds filled with pugs”. We don’t help people that want to join our community, we “buy guilds as mercenaries” and “destroy competitive play”.

A guild wants to know that you as a server have their back once they move over, not be worried that they will be excluded once the gems are spent.

Do not lay the blame of a difference in population or coverage on the choices we’ve made on how we built our community. Maybe take a look at the image of your own community you’re putting out.

(edited by JaredKincade.9761)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Balefire.7592

Balefire.7592

We definitely appreciated the effort, as the few fights we got were great.
We do apologize for some of the stupid things we did last night to get your attention – point blank trebbing is a tactic we typically reserve for drunk commander nights on special occasions.

Scrubbiest Necro NA.

in Match-ups

electriette.8952

@JaredKincade UH OH.
That’s logic overload.

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

Logic is not allowed in a topic with over 1200 posts!

in Match-ups

Balefire.7592

It shows how differently SOR and BG consider their community. SOR is very proud of the fact they never ever “buy” guilds to SOR. They talk about their community but they refuse to help any guild become a part of it.

BGs community is inclusive and SOR’s is exclusive…

In contrast to that philosophy is SOR’s, which can be boiled down to “Get on my level.” You make it clear that no one is welcome to SOR unless they take a step of faith towards your community, instead of you making a step of faith towards their guild. It is the same attitude towards new players on your own server. They have to be as “hardcore” as your guilds are before they are welcome on the map. Casuals need not apply, either to your guilds or your server.

Has your guild considered and/or moved to SoR? If not, I kindly request that you edit your opinions on what you believe to be the case out of your post, or add a disclaimer, rather than assert them as facts. Until you have moved over here and experienced what we do and do not offer, you are not in a position to judge our standards.
By the same token you view your methods as beneficial, we view ours as beneficial. Different strokes for different folks. If you are happy with your server community, than that should be sufficient for you – you have nothing to prove or gain by critizing the methods you think we use.

Scrubbiest Necro NA.

(edited by Balefire.7592)

in Match-ups

JaredKincade.9761

Fixed for clarification.

in Match-ups

JaredKincade.9761

BGs community is inclusive and SOR’s is exclusive…

In contrast to that philosophy is SOR’s, which can be boiled down to “Get on my level.” You make it clear that no one is welcome to SOR unless they take a step of faith towards your community, instead of you making a step of faith towards their guild. It is the same attitude towards new players on your own server. They have to be as “hardcore” as your guilds are before they are welcome on the map. Casuals need not apply, either to your guilds or your server.

Has your guild considered and/or moved to SoR? If not, I kindly request that you edit your opinions on what you believe to be the case out of your post, or add a disclaimer, rather than assert them as facts. Until you have moved over here and experienced what we do and do not offer, you are not in a position to judge our standards.
By the same token you view your methods as beneficial, we view ours as beneficial. Different strokes for different folks. If you are happy with your server community, than that should be sufficient for you – you have nothing to prove or gain by critizing the methods you think we use.

You failed to read my final paragraph. Its not a criticism, it is a request.

Different strokes for different folks is correct. Guilds that have the same attitude will join you as it their right, and I hope they are happy there.

In my opinion it isn’t the way to build a community, true. But you have got to deal with the consequences of the actions you are taking, not laying them on our feet.

(edited by JaredKincade.9761)

in Match-ups

Balefire.7592

I am not referring to your final paragraph.
Yes, we are currently experiencing population imbalances. That has nothing to with the “facts” you have stated about how SoR treats or does not treat it’s guilds. If you would like to fact check, you are welcome to temporarily move your guild/yourself to our server.
I though we weren’t meant to judge guilds/servers based on the opinions of the few. If that were the case, I’m sure I could find some disgruntled Blackgate members whose posts I could use to defame your server. But I don’t. I am hoping that since we’ve started to reduce the trolling from our end, we can move on from these petty, pointless arguments.

Scrubbiest Necro NA.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Screenager.7804

Screenager.7804

Aw theres so much animosity and hassle here. The score is largely irrelevant at the moment we’re still turning out and still having a great time fighting in the EU time zone. We wouldn’t have had such a good time last night if SoR had all but given up.

The fights are still there to be had, honest

thanks everyone for turning out in SoS BL last night and tonight

Screenager
Executed [ExE] – Piken Square
characterselect.net

in Match-ups

Posted by: KhaosZen.1076

KhaosZen.1076

Yes, we are currently experiencing population imbalances. That has nothing to with the “facts” you have stated about how SoR treats or does not treat it’s guilds. If you would like to fact check, you are welcome to temporarily move your guild/yourself to our server.
I though we weren’t meant to judge guilds/servers based on the opinions of the few. If that were the case, I’m sure I could find some disgruntled Blackgate members whose posts I could use to defame your server. But I don’t. I am hoping that since we’ve started to reduce the trolling from our end, we can move on from these petty, pointless arguments.

I think you get it but the problem is that you cant control what the Trolls of your server said in the forums and we cant control ours too. Now that we get to this point i think BOTH servers has their methods but this is not a reason to blame each other, its no cheating its a feature of anet like the double team that we suffered ( and keep suffering ) for a long time and we cant do anything about it.
both servers has benefited on certaion situations.

Sorry for my bad english.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Elano.2014

Elano.2014

Before I start let me clarify something that people like to forget. I can’t speak for all servers, but I know enough about what’s going on BG to know that BG has never ever given more than the cost of a guild to move. In fact, I know of no particular case where it was more than 50% of the moving costs. In ZDs case, it was much much less. So for the definition of helping guilds move, or “buying” I’m talking about 50% or less than the guild cost to move.

50% is a lot of money, especially for a large guild like ZDs. If they moved 100 members (which I know for sure it is an underestimation) here, it’ll be a little bit under 3000G? Isn’t that buying, if you’re not hoping that they will return the money? I mean, most of the WvW’ers can make enough gold to transfer themselves at least a few times.

in Match-ups

Posted by: kanderous.7512

kanderous.7512

Snipped for Propaganda.

Are you a member of Blackgated’s War council?

“I was literally double fisting water and soymilk into my mouth” ~ Tytos Hill

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

50% is a lot of money, especially for a large guild like ZDs. If they moved 100 members (which I know for sure it is an underestimation) here, it’ll be a little bit under 3000G? Isn’t that buying, if you’re not hoping that they will return the money? I mean, most of the WvW’ers can make enough gold to transfer themselves at least a few times.

How would it be “buying” if said guild covers 50% of the cost? Also if you read what he said " In ZDs case, it was much much less." It seems they payed for them selves for the most part. I’m not sure where you buy things but if the store is paying for 50% of every thing you buy, you sir have found a great place to shop.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ruin.3461

Ruin.3461

Even were we to pay 100% of their transfer costs, they’ve gained nothing, because that money went to paying for their transfers.

Tier 1 Casual

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kiff.8157

Kiff.8157

In your mindset giving gold is considering buying even it is only 1 copper. Influence for upgrading guilds involves a lot of gold. Wait a minute, oh yeah, you are one of the TFV or NNK members who transferred along with SONG back in June stirring up drama but couldn’t get your guild to transfer over so you did not have a guild to rebuild so you have no idea. That makes sense now.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jon.5271

Jon.5271

How many members do you reckon they have in their guild? Take a rough estimation if you will, please.

in Match-ups

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

Even were we to pay 100% of their transfer costs, they’ve gained nothing, because that money went to paying for their transfers.

This is something people on SoR can’t seem to grasp. A guy a few pages back was having trouble with it too.

Also, was totally expecting this thread to get 2000 posts, seems like it’s dying down though.

in Match-ups

Balefire.7592

Also your server dont care jackkitten as well when things were getting balanced and you recruited IRON & AFTL to kitten us during EU. You even knew yourself that HB/RK aint playing everyday with 10pax each while IRON play almost everyday with 40pax plus with AFTL another 20pax+. The SoR EU domination last for months until we’re getting help from COIN or our NA decided to overtime significantly to cover it up. Now when we have something for them to do, you guys whine up.

Better, sux it up, stop QQ and go ingame to help your server WvW instead. This was what those SoR trolls posted when some of us whined about IRON months back as well lolol.

That has absolutely nothing to do with what I and Jared posted. But please, if you must argue an entirely different topic against someone not willing to debate, feel free to do so. I will not be providing you with the enraged response you seem to be fishing for.
I consider HB a respectable guild. Do yourself a solid and don’t become the bad apple in there.

Scrubbiest Necro NA.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Neuromancer.2148

Neuromancer.2148

Our opinions are based on public statements made by pillars of SoR’s community, so we are not basing it on a random forum troll who is obviously out to defame SoR. We commonly choose to silently disagree and do our own thing, but we kept being forced into pointless discussions when someone on the other side slings mud at us for guild ‘buying’ (which doesn’t make sense since all parties lose money in the transfer process)

I actually wonder if this is a cultural difference. SoR loved to tout that they had the “best NA” which would mean probably mostly citizens of the USA, who are mostly individualistic and self-reliant, placing emphasis on the value one has in being autonomous and independent, and to their contributions to society. In other parts of the world, community is formed based on furthering the common good, more observable in outwardly socialist countries, but is actually a more universal human ideal than individual ambition.

Different strokes for different folks, sure, but that could be why what we believe to be “helping” you perceive as “buying,” which again, is ridiculous because who sells themselves at a loss?

Apprentice Namer – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Elano.2014

Elano.2014

Ah, so I get the mindset of a few BG people now. For all those deciding to transfer to BG – please do ask for them to pay 100% of your transfer fees.

@ Kiff: I’m not from NNK or TFV. But stir up drama? If those haven’t transferred here, BG would probably still dominate SEA. I guess that’s what you want, huh? Domination instead of good guilds to fight against.

@ Jon: 300ish in their roster? Not very sure about how many transferred here, but according to some EU friends they could field 2 30-40 men groups on 2 BLs back in the days.

Edit: I’ll just say I was from BP, but decided to move to SoR during the summer when both JQ and BG dominated the period I play in.

(edited by Elano.2014)

in Match-ups

Balefire.7592

Our opinions are based on public statements made by pillars of SoR’s community, so we are not basing it on a random forum troll who is obviously out to defame SoR. We commonly choose to silently disagree and do our own thing, but we kept being forced into pointless discussions when someone on the other side slings mud at us for guild ‘buying’ (which doesn’t make sense since all parties lose money in the transfer process)

I actually wonder if this is a cultural difference. SoR loved to tout that they had the “best NA” which would mean probably mostly citizens of the USA, who are mostly individualistic and self-reliant, placing emphasis on the value one has in being autonomous and independent, and to their contributions to society. In other parts of the world, community is formed based on furthering the common good, more observable in outwardly socialist countries, but is actually a more universal human ideal than individual ambition.

Different strokes for different folks, sure, but that could be why what we believe to be “helping” you perceive as “buying,” which again, is ridiculous because who sells themselves at a loss?

No one is forcing you to do anything. You are free to ignore trolls at your discretion – if the discussions are pointless, simply don’t join in. I’ve been told that’s the best way to get rid of trolls. You come to the forums by choice, and feed trolls by choice.
And like I said, until you come to SoR and verify what you’ve been told, you have no substantiated claims. Have you stopped to consider that you might be misinterpreting or missing information from these “pillars”? For example, rather a war chest, SoR has PvE guilds willing to do dungeon runs with transfers to raise enough money to bring the rest over.

I can’t speak to the values of entire societies in general, especially given the varied demographics of Americans (I am not American).

Scrubbiest Necro NA.

in Match-ups

Neuromancer.2148

Ah, so I get the mindset of a few BG people now. For all those deciding to transfer to BG – please do ask for them to pay 100% of your transfer fees.

@ Kiff: I’m not from NNK or TFV. But stir up drama? If those haven’t transferred here, BG would probably still dominate SEA. I guess that’s what you want, huh? Domination instead of good guilds to fight against.

- I think you completely misread the opinions of the people who have posted here, and overlooked the facts. No guild’s transfer fees have been fully covered. Everyone who moves, moves at their own expense. The community at Blackgate is willing to lend a helping hand and does so in good faith.

- This is a purely speculative point, which is actually easily debunked. SoR conducted SEA training last night and guess what? They easily took the PPT lead, and this is with Blackgate having two of four maps queued. That is a better indication of SoR’s SEA strength, which could easily be at 3.5 map queues.

in Match-ups

Neuromancer.2148

No one is forcing you to do anything. You are free to ignore trolls at your discretion – if the discussions are pointless, simply don’t join in. I’ve been told that’s the best way to get rid of trolls.

I admire the leadership for being able to hold their tongues for the most part, but we have our passionate mouthpieces just like any server. As long as they speak truth, why would that even be a problem?

And like I said, until you come to SoR and verify what you’ve been told, you have no substantiated claims. Have you stopped to consider that you might be misinterpreting or missing information from these “pillars”? For example, rather a war chest, SoR has PvE guilds willing to do dungeon runs with transfers to raise enough money to bring the rest over.

War Chest is simply easier and more iconic way of visualizing things. Basically, you are admitting that SoR does the exact same thing, but is merely reluctant to acknowledge at an official capacity for the sake of maintaining image.

Grab any random part of Indo’s infamous speech and you will see why the WvW public perceives SoR as such.

in Match-ups

Posted by: divine faithborn.8365

divine faithborn.8365

Dear SoR,

Which player had the rank of gold colonel?!? Jesus kittening Christ, I was about to jump on that guy while he was capping a sentry in EB but I had to just stop and do a double take. I thought I had taken a screenshot of him, but apparently I mashed the wrong key.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kiff.8157

Kiff.8157

@ Jon: 300ish in their roster? Not very sure about how many transferred here, but according to some EU friends they could field 2 30-40 men groups on 2 BLs back in the days.

Edit: I’ll just say I was from BP, but decided to move to SoR during the summer when both JQ and BG dominated the period I play in.

Nah…you were from DB.

If SONG moved because BG was dominating SEA and dominating seems not a good thing, DB was dominating SEA in their tier before they losing guilds and then SONG decided to transferred off. I guess dominating SEA at that time means a good thing to you huh?

in Match-ups

Balefire.7592

I admire the leadership for being able to hold their tongues for the most part, but we have our passionate mouthpieces just like any server. As long as they speak truth, why would that even be a problem?

But that’s the point – do you have factual evidence of this truth? Have you experienced it? Have they experienced it?

War Chest is simply easier and more iconic way of visualizing things. Basically, you are admitting that SoR does the exact same thing, but is merely reluctant to acknowledge at an official capacity for the sake of maintaining image.

I believe the difference is in the timing and the means. As I understand it, Blackgate will provide guilds with gold once they have decided to transfer in order to pay the costs, and as such, before they transfer. SoR will not directly donate gold, we donate time, and we help them accrue gold once they are here. There is nothing inherently wrong with either method, but people seem to misconstrue yours as “purhasing” guilds.

Grab any random part of Indo’s speech and you will see how the WvW public perceives SoR.

First and foremost, that speech is months old, back when SoR did not have the resources to fight the JQ that had received huge transfer before transfer became paid, as well as the BG had had received a large influx of SoS guilds. Second, that speech is meant to rally SoR before the fight, not be a diplomatic treaty. How effective do you think it would have been at raising morale had Indo said “These servers are filled with polite gentlemen, who fairly recruited guilds, and as such populations are not balanced, so we will lose”? If everything i such a speech was to be taken literally, most sports team coaches would have already been arrested for “death” threats.

Scrubbiest Necro NA.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Butter.3024

Butter.3024

Hey SoR is holding decently against BG, closing the gap by 1k points, not a lot i know but still

in Match-ups

Posted by: dwahvel.7356

dwahvel.7356

Also your server dont care jackkitten as well when things were getting balanced and you recruited IRON & AFTL to kitten us during EU. You even knew yourself that HB/RK aint playing everyday with 10pax each while IRON play almost everyday with 40pax plus with AFTL another 20pax+. The SoR EU domination last for months until we’re getting help from COIN or our NA decided to overtime significantly to cover it up. Now when we have something for them to do, you guys whine up.

Better, sux it up, stop QQ and go ingame to help your server WvW instead. This was what those SoR trolls posted when some of us whined about IRON months back as well lolol.

Ok so the week before IRON came over to sor, the 500+ ppt during EU prime for bg was balanced? How many weeks……wait no, how many months did bg do this to sor?
Pretty sure even HB’s leader said he moved his playing time during EU from boredom to play against sor NA.
I really don’t see how some bg posters can complain about IRON coming to over to sor when they had zero EU guilds and were the third ranked t1 server at the time.

in Match-ups

Posted by: cyyrix.6105

cyyrix.6105

The thing with SoR is that they do the exact same thing but don’t get called out on it. They paid for the transfer cost of IRON members to come over and nothing was said; but when BG does it then it’s the worst thing that can happen.

Hypocritical much?

Please. SoR Propaganda Manual Volume II Section 3.b clearly states that SoR innocently “donates” gold to its transfers, while every other server holds bidding wars and maliciously “buys” guilds as mercenaries. Two completely different things.

Cyyrix | Marypoppins Deathsquad [mds] | Team Riot [RIOT] | Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: KeeZee.7312

KeeZee.7312

So BG has beat SoR in 13 out of the 14 matches where it was BG/SoR/Server x and now they make a big post on how giving a guild gold to come over is not buying because it justifies them stacking when they didn’t need to stack.

This is just another BG is the victim post like the one about how they had such a hard schedule.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sunt.6835

Sunt.6835

U know all u guys arguing are the same kittens 20 pages earlier … Just change the guys who say it …

These SoR trollers need to go to read since page 1 . So u don’t come up with same boring trolls..

BG