11/15 FERGreat Justice/DARK Horse/KAIN & Abel

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lazuline.3876

Lazuline.3876

what im confused about is DH had like zero night crew before leagues. nobody has spoken of any transfers. were they always there and just not playing? they’re saving your kitten just wondering why they never used to do that.

This is an interesting observation and I agree with it to an extent. If you would take some time to review DH’s history, you’d see that DH’s primetime has consistently changed over the year since launch. For a time, DH used to be a night-capping monster with HOT & HVN taking the lead. After their collapse, DH shifted to a NA primetime powerhouse with guilds like WE & RE taking the helm. Needless to say, there were a ton of other guilds that made great contributions to the server. Some left, some collapsed, and the rest continue to fight for DH. Anyway, the coverage eventually balanced out to form what DH has become now.

That being said, I would like to request fellow DH players and guilds to please cease the current in-fighting. At such a crucial match, solidarity and unity must take precedence. Let’s all work to bring DH victory.

Andrew Sinclaire | Darkhaven Commander
Home World: Darkhaven [US] Representing: Order of Providence [OP]
The Order is currently enjoining recruits to join our cause.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dextra.8162

Dextra.8162

I was sad to not spend much time in KN tonight roaming had an interesting fight with a ranger at south camp in the ring. And another one with a warrior from FC, that fight could have went on forever. Lol. I was mainly hanging around DH Bluelake walking yaks and being silly with golems. Good fights out there guys from KN and FC. =D

Stuffed Bunny – The Easter egg warrior ;3
Oublietta (Dolly Dearest) – The creepy doll mesmer.
Princess Dolls [Doll] ~ Of Darkhaven

in Match-ups

Posted by: totalpwnage.6534

totalpwnage.6534

I told Zephy to join us to help stop the hate. She joined for a day and left. It’s clear that you guys don’t value us yet, and if we’re not supported like previous big guilds were, then we’ll find some server that will support us that way.

Really, all we’ve been asking for is support and all I’ve gotten thus far (or at least for 90% of you) is hate.

You brought every bit of ‘hate’ onto yourself. You often troll players and disrupt teamspeak. You have a general smell of arrogance and THAT is the reason you’re not respected. Try changing your image before playing the victim.

Happylittlevegemite of Darkhaven
Quick Load [LOAD]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

Dramahaven.

Anyways, this matchup has some pretty good roaming so far. My only issue is that FC roamers often have nearby friends that they run to/call for help if you try a 1v1 while roaming. So annoying.

Also, to the [Ren] engineer and warrior that always seem to be running around together, you guys are strong lol. Had many good fights with you.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wolfsergi.2537

Wolfsergi.2537

• Facepalm* Seriously Callinq what are you doing…making threats about leaving is supposed to get people to care about or respect you and FUN? As someone that is part of your guild, enjoys your guild and the members there I’m telling you, that you should stop picking fights with everyone. Honestly it makes us look pathetic. I’ve been with DH since day 1 and respect here is earned not achieved with stupid threats. So lets all just calm down and keep a civil environment. We should all work together as a server not fight. So lets go and cap some kitten!

in Match-ups

Arius.7031

it doesn’t help that KN has their attention on us. it’s what they did week 1 with HoD they just went for us cuz they were scared of HoD. I mean right now you have their bay and hills and what do they do? hit FC hills. lol

It’s actually interesting to note, that they’ve actually dedicated ever-so-slightly more manpower to our BL than to yours:

http://www.gw2score.com/server/Kaineng

Another interesting thing to note from said site, is that they’ve flipped Anz more than any other tower in EB (which is smart, it’s the most vulnerable tower in the map). So it seems to be the case that they’ve focused both about equally, and if anything focused Dh a little more.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Manaburn.4569

Manaburn.4569

Okay I’m finishing this drama right here and now.

If [Fun] decides to switch servers, that’s none of your business.
We do not play this game for you.
We do not owe you anything.
Unlike most of the commanders I’ve had the pleasure of listening to, we actually want to win instead of talking about the size of your apartment while I’m shouting for help over in Hills or Bay. I’ve been told multiple times to shut up on the public Team Speak while asking for help in WvW so that a couple dude-bros can keep telling lame stories about a bar they went to last weekend.

Yes, we recruit people from other guilds. If we see something that we might be able to use for Darkhaven we are going to try to grab them and teach them all we know, because so far it seems like everyone else just mindlessly zergs and that’s it. It doesn’t matter if they are from [Burn], [DHE], or [OGT], if they are in WvW and following us around while we are untagged doing Guild Ops, we’ll whisper them the Team Speak information. We do not force people to join, they make their own decisions. Don’t make us out to be the bad guys here, we haven’t forced anyone to do anything. I mean, who are we suppose to recruit, the guildless players? Almost every single person in this game belongs to a guild, and if they don’t, they almost every time aren’t level 80 and we aren’t interested in them.

This hostility and immaturity is why a small fraction of us have talked about leaving DH. Our guild is not crusading across the server absorbing smaller guilds, we recruit people one at a time on a per case basis. If this means that eventually entire guilds join us, so what? Get over it, this was their choice. We kick most of the recruits anyways for small things like refusing to communicate, because we are seeking to form a guild that actually matters to this server rather than just another [Burn] with only numbers to compensate for poor builds and lack of experience.

So yes, we are trying to form an elite guild of WvW players that know what they are doing and are willing to communicate and cooperate with each other. If we succeed in this, but continue to get hostility from Darkhaven, the core of our group may move. This is not a threat, this is simple cause and effect. You do not own us, Darkhaven. We did not buy this game to be your mini-poodle on a short leash.

That said, some of our members can be rude and immature. We are not happy with this, and if it continues these people will be held accountable regardless of rank. However, responding to immaturity with more immaturity is by far the most idiotic thing you can do. It doesn’t make you right. It just spams map chat with needless crap.
This is why I hate forums, I’m done here.

in Match-ups

Posted by: neiliam.8614

neiliam.8614

Quit with the drama llama DH.

- [DHE] Bronze Legend Thief.

Lightning Gunblade
Member of Darkhaven’s [DHE]
In WvWvW, what’s yours is mine and what’s mine is mine.

in Match-ups

Arius.7031

Quit with the drama llama DH.

- [DHE] Bronze Legend Thief.

Get back to owning everyone, we can’t have you wasting time here >:O.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in Match-ups

Arius.7031

Also, anyone else notice that Dh has like no presence in our WvW threads, yet some drama kicks up and dozens of people start posting? Lol O.o

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Manaburn.4569

Manaburn.4569

Also, anyone else notice that Dh has like no presence in our WvW threads, yet some drama kicks up and dozens of people start posting? Lol O.o

It’s mostly because some guilds are tired of being trashed talked.
I’m from DH, it doesn’t seem like Kaineng get much traffic in WvW, but FC has been fun to play against for sure. The few times my guild has clashed with them on the open field have been pretty interesting, and some of the tactics used we’ve tried to adopt as our own in some ways. Looking forward to the rest of this week in WvW for sure!

in Match-ups

Arius.7031

It’s mostly because some guilds are tired of being trashed talked.

Haha, don’t think that’s it, most posters here haven’t been from fun :p.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Yeah, DH forum-warrioring is pretty lame… In our matchup at week 1, we had to stay in a 1v1 with SF, because DH forum warriors didn’t came out to play.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in Match-ups

Arius.7031

Yeah, DH forum-warrioring is pretty lame… In our matchup at week 1, we had to stay in a 1v1 with SF, because DH forum warriors didn’t came out to play.

We used to have massive coverage when it came to forum warrioring, like 9 months ago xD.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

it doesn’t help that KN has their attention on us. it’s what they did week 1 with HoD they just went for us cuz they were scared of HoD. I mean right now you have their bay and hills and what do they do? hit FC hills. lol

It’s actually interesting to note, that they’ve actually dedicated ever-so-slightly more manpower to our BL than to yours:

Another interesting thing to note from said site, is that they’ve flipped Anz more than any other tower in EB (which is smart, it’s the most vulnerable tower in the map). So it seems to be the case that they’ve focused both about equally, and if anything focused Dh a little more.

i dont think that shows how much “attention” youre getting but rather how much success they’ve achieved.

example we’ve had to wipe KN zergs at our valley keep so many times I can’t count, but that doesn’t show up on those stats.

and in your BL several times they have left their spawn and ran a zerg straight to lake/tower on our side and tried to take those from US when south camp/vale/briar were never even flipped.

in Match-ups

Arius.7031

i dont think that shows how much “attention” youre getting but rather how much success they’ve achieved.

example we’ve had to wipe KN zergs at our valley keep so many times I can’t count, but that doesn’t show up on those stats.

and in your BL several times they have left their spawn and ran a zerg straight to lake/tower on our side and tried to take those from US when south camp/vale/briar were never even flipped.

The first statistic tells you that they’re spent more manpower in our BL, regardless of success. The second was just meant to reinforce that notion.

You can see this by scrolling down on my link, you’ll see a pie chart showing how much manpower has been allocated to each BL. They’ve allocated 7.7% to ours, 7.6% to yours, it was 7.8% and 7.6% when I linked it yesterday. So it’s pretty much equal but they’ve ever so slightly dedicated more manpower to our BL. I think it’s pretty even lol.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in Match-ups

Solstice.1097

sounds pretty even I wonder if a lot of that is roamers or what because the most I’ve seen them take is the 10 minutes that they had 2 keeps once.

anyway good fights so far! (except sadly our EB has been consistently commanded by, shall we say, a ‘learning’ commander that has proven terrifically ineffective this week).

in Match-ups

Arius.7031

nice troll train kaining

What’d they do? :o

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mooncow.6847

Mooncow.6847

Took fergs keep and had the audacity to defend it

in Match-ups

Solstice.1097

DH and KN fighting over FC’s stuff again and not interested in actually fighting each other zerg vs zerg????

#yawn

in Match-ups

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Its a bit late, I know, but:

Assassin is a good dude, He out there to help the people of Dh, what he said is true.. [Fun] kinda isolates themselves from the rest of the community and trolls our other guilds and insults players that dont join them. Once the members decide to overthrow their leader [Fun] could actually be a “fun” guild to work with on the battlefield. lol

Sorry, but I wouldn’t trust an Abyss player anymore. Not after what I’ve heard about your GL (and how you guys just left us). It sounds more like you’re trying to pit our guilds against one another. I’ve never had a problem with either guild, [fun] or [anbu].
Granted I’ve never talked to any of them (other than one whisper to Assassin a few months ago), so I don’t know how they talk/act all the time, but when I’ve seen them in our zergs neither guild has done questionable stuff. I’d prefer [fun] to stay with DH, as we can always use more WvW guilds.

Look, you may be hearing rumors that we are transferring but we have NOT said anything officially. We literally started wvwing as a guild the last day of the FC week 2 matchup. Since then, we have been trying to recruit people and gain a reputation.. Also Assassain X, [Fun] runs a guild group and tries to keep it exclusively guild members because ALL OF THE ZERG is in TS. when we allow pugs into the group, we stack for static, and someone inevitably throws down a symbol of swiftness. The same happens in our might stacking/water healing. It greatly reduces our effectiveness, and if someone told us they would join in TS with us, we’d let them join.

Do you guys use our server TS or you’re own? (Just curious)

I am sad at the way our Darkhaven members are attacking each other on this thread. We should be rallying around each other, not fighting each other.

I haven’t had much interaction with the [Fun] guild, but I do see them around wvw and I appreciate everything they’ve done.

I have ran with [Anbu] and AssassinX and I do think he is a good commander that has helped the server a lot.

So please, do not fight. If you have disagreements, just try to talk it out instead of name calling and pointing fingers at each other. We need to come together as a server and not let our egos get in the way.

Seconded.

And as someone else pointed out, threatening to leave isn’t going to help foster respect from us players in the middle. Please don’t be another abyss/se and leave (that will definitely make more players not respect and even possibly hate the guild tag). We need to work stuff out. Out of chance, have you tried tagging up in our BL? I know I tried following Callinq in a different BL at some point (she? was in their hills), but seeing/hearing you on our BL (or even TS) could go a long way in gaining our respect. (also you have to have patience with us pugs, we tend to be/have ADD, or skritt minded if you prefer.)

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dsybok.1405

Dsybok.1405

Dramahaven.

Anyways, this matchup has some pretty good roaming so far. My only issue is that FC roamers often have nearby friends that they run to/call for help if you try a 1v1 while roaming. So annoying.

Also, to the [Ren] engineer and warrior that always seem to be running around together, you guys are strong lol. Had many good fights with you.

I can’t speak to the rest of the server, but I am not interested in 1v1. I play the game for the strategy and the excitement of open field battles with larger groups , I don’t enjoy 1v1, I didn’t make my staff ele for 1v1, and I am not good at it anyway. If I see you I will run the other direction or run to where there is help. I don’t see this as being a negative, its how I choose to play the game.

If you want to duel, go to fight night behind the windmill! If you 1v1 someone anywhere else on the map, another person coming to help is the risk you take.

Ferguson’s Crossing
Ascenion of Elements
Sylvari Ele main

in Match-ups

skullmount.1758

Yeah, now that you point that out. I haven’t seen much DH names in the past few matchup thread, and now all of a sudden theres a page or two of them. Wish we could all get along and start focusing our inner anger on our external enemies instead.

Its because we prefer to lurk in our dark haven instead of in the spotlight

Darkhaven server

in Match-ups

Solstice.1097

DH you better appreciate [FUN] because they are saving your kitten at night and if you don’t then someone else will, I know we would.

in Match-ups

Arius.7031

Dramahaven.

I can’t speak to the rest of the server, but I am not interested in 1v1. I play the game for the strategy and the excitement of open field battles with larger groups , I don’t enjoy 1v1, I didn’t make my staff ele for 1v1, and I am not good at it anyway. If I see you I will run the other direction or run to where there is help. I don’t see this as being a negative, its how I choose to play the game.

If you want to duel, go to fight night behind the windmill! If you 1v1 someone anywhere else on the map, another person coming to help is the risk you take.

I wasn’t critiquing, whining, or insulting… I was saying that I prefer good 1v1 roaming duels. Also, you may be under the impression everyone duels at the windmill 24/7, they don’t, there’s almost never anyone there in any BL. You play your way, I’m not criticizing that. I’m just saying it’s not fun for my play style.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in Match-ups

Solstice.1097

he was saying fight night at the windmill. you will find plenty of duels on Thursday night.

[EDGE] is still up for a GvG. We are new to GvG so don’t be intimidated lol :p PM me

in Match-ups

Arius.7031

he was saying fight night at the windmill. you will find plenty of duels on Thursday night.

[EDGE] is still up for a GvG. We are new to GvG so don’t be intimidated lol :p PM me

Ah didn’t see night. Still, my point stands, I like 1v1’s and I don’t want to only do it on one night. Not saying any other play style is wrong, just that I have mine and like it, which isn’t wrong either…

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in Match-ups

Dsybok.1405

Ah didn’t see night. Still, my point stands, I like 1v1’s and I don’t want to only do it on one night. Not saying any other play style is wrong, just that I have mine and like it, which isn’t wrong either…

I apologize if I was irritating in my response. I do see a lot of comments from people complaining that some people don’t want to 1v1 or they run away rather than fight, but I think that is a perfectly reasonable thing to do.

I have felt from my first foray into WvW that the intended format of the game is about taking keeps, towers, fighting open field battles with warring armies, and earning game points to win your server the victory in a given week. It’s not about 1v1 dueling. Anet kind of failed in this respect by not creating a proper 1v1 dueling mode in PvP.

Neither of our play styles is mutually exclusive, I try and respect that people like to play both ways, so it doesn’t annoy me when someone jumps me and kills me, as often happens if I am by chance by myself, but it does when I run away from a fight and somebody parties me to call me a chicken or to see people here complain about FC people running away and being no fun.

Ferguson’s Crossing
Ascenion of Elements
Sylvari Ele main

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tuluum.9638

Tuluum.9638

DH you better appreciate [FUN] because they are saving your kitten at night and if you don’t then someone else will, I know we would.

Some of us do appreciate it!

Some commanders can be abrasive though, and I think that is where a lot of the issues come from. They can give good advice, but it can come with a tinge of insult. I feel that a lot of our commanders are not necessarily open to constructive criticism, regardless of delivery though.. so I think people being abrasive is only a part of a bigger issue.

DH, like so many other servers, has gone through the rough rides of large guilds assimilating a bunch of players and then leaving. This has happened several times on DH, and I am sure several times on many other servers. So, when the hint of this comes up, well.. the results are as expected.

The drama between [ANBU] and [FUN] is destructive to DH, as such infighting would be to any server. Its not new, many of us have seen such a thing happen before and know exactly what the results from that have been. Its made me want to steer clear of both until they get their kitten straightened out for the greater good of the server.

Once we learn that the team is [insert server name here], not some individual guilds, then we can make some progress. That doesnt mean that loyalty to a guild cant surpass that of loyalty to a server, but as long as we are all on the same server, we are all on the same team.

Some of our new commanders have really been stepping up though, and even asking for constructive criticism. Eventually, I hope to see a zerg portal kiting with elevation changes. Then I will know we are actually making progress as a server!

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

(edited by Tuluum.9638)

in Match-ups

Posted by: oZeppy.9028

oZeppy.9028

Its a bit late, I know, but:

Assassin is a good dude, He out there to help the people of Dh, what he said is true.. [Fun] kinda isolates themselves from the rest of the community and trolls our other guilds and insults players that dont join them. Once the members decide to overthrow their leader [Fun] could actually be a “fun” guild to work with on the battlefield. lol

Sorry, but I wouldn’t trust an Abyss player anymore. Not after what I’ve heard about your GL (and how you guys just left us). It sounds more like you’re trying to pit our guilds against one another. I’ve never had a problem with either guild, [fun] or [anbu].
Granted I’ve never talked to any of them (other than one whisper to Assassin a few months ago), so I don’t know how they talk/act all the time, but when I’ve seen them in our zergs neither guild has done questionable stuff. I’d prefer [fun] to stay with DH, as we can always use more WvW guilds.

Look, you may be hearing rumors that we are transferring but we have NOT said anything officially. We literally started wvwing as a guild the last day of the FC week 2 matchup. Since then, we have been trying to recruit people and gain a reputation.. Also Assassain X, [Fun] runs a guild group and tries to keep it exclusively guild members because ALL OF THE ZERG is in TS. when we allow pugs into the group, we stack for static, and someone inevitably throws down a symbol of swiftness. The same happens in our might stacking/water healing. It greatly reduces our effectiveness, and if someone told us they would join in TS with us, we’d let them join.

Do you guys use our server TS or you’re own? (Just curious)

I am sad at the way our Darkhaven members are attacking each other on this thread. We should be rallying around each other, not fighting each other.

I haven’t had much interaction with the [Fun] guild, but I do see them around wvw and I appreciate everything they’ve done.

I have ran with [Anbu] and AssassinX and I do think he is a good commander that has helped the server a lot.

So please, do not fight. If you have disagreements, just try to talk it out instead of name calling and pointing fingers at each other. We need to come together as a server and not let our egos get in the way.

Seconded.

And as someone else pointed out, threatening to leave isn’t going to help foster respect from us players in the middle. Please don’t be another abyss/se and leave (that will definitely make more players not respect and even possibly hate the guild tag). We need to work stuff out. Out of chance, have you tried tagging up in our BL? I know I tried following Callinq in a different BL at some point (she? was in their hills), but seeing/hearing you on our BL (or even TS) could go a long way in gaining our respect. (also you have to have patience with us pugs, we tend to be/have ADD, or skritt minded if you prefer.)

We’re constantly on the DH TS. However we don’t go to the upper areas, we stay in our guild channel. We’ve tried communicating up top but the people up rarely focus on the game itself, and never listen to us anyways.

If me or any other Fun member is tagged up, it’s because we’ve been asked to by some other guild or because we aren’t running guild ops. We run tagless during guild ops.

I’m a dude by the way.

EDIT: Thought I should point out, I’m not the only one deciding if we go. I’m largely basing it on the feelings of my guild. So if members of [Fun] are trashtalked, DH should know what to expect.

Leader of [Fun] – DH

(edited by oZeppy.9028)

in Match-ups

oZeppy.9028

Some of us do appreciate it!

Some commanders can be abrasive though, and I think that is where a lot of the issues come from. They can give good advice, but it can come with a tinge of insult. I feel that a lot of our commanders are not necessarily open to constructive criticism, regardless of delivery though.. so I think people being abrasive is only a part of a bigger issue.

DH, like so many other servers, has gone through the rough rides of large guilds assimilating a bunch of players and then leaving. This has happened several times on DH, and I am sure several times on many other servers. So, when the hint of this comes up, well.. the results are as expected.

The drama between [ANBU] and [FUN] is destructive to DH, as such infighting would be to any server. Its not new, many of us have seen such a thing happen before and know exactly what the results from that have been. Its made me want to steer clear of both until they get their kitten straightened out for the greater good of the server.

Once we learn that the team is [insert server name here], not some individual guilds, then we can make some progress. That doesnt mean that loyalty to a guild cant surpass that of loyalty to a server, but as long as we are all on the same server, we are all on the same team.

Some of our new commanders have really been stepping up though, and even asking for constructive criticism. Eventually, I hope to see a zerg portal kiting with elevation changes. Then I will know we are actually making progress as a server!

[Fun] has no issues with [Anbu]. We do our own thing to help the server; all we ask for is support from the other guilds.

If Assassin X or some other member from Anbu wants to attack us, they can go for it. We do more for the server anyways. But if the majority of Darkhaven wants to attack us, you can understand why we wouldn’t want to fight for you guys anymore.

I came back from a 3 month break around 2 months ago. I made Fun into a WvW guild and recruited the best commanders I could find to balance out the loss of SE/FURY/Abys. We don’t WANT to leave the server, and that is definitely not our intention. However, we are looking into server transfers for the guild if this goes on. We’ll probably make our decision by the end of the season, so it all depends on how DH is feeling at that moment.

Leader of [Fun] – DH

in Match-ups

Solstice.1097

as far as FC running away I am the [EDGE] norn female hammer warrior with celestial primevil armor with toxic shoulders that jumps into your zergs headfirst by myself just to troll you. I also built the omegas and led the rush Sunday that destroyed DH BL before commanding a donated golem army that capped Overlook and Lowlands. My guildies are who fully upgraded and defended DH hills, lake, and water for 12 hours. I welcome your hate please send it my way!

But seriously this week I will miss fight night but will be on Wednesday 8-11 CST and all day friday and I am down for some duels if anyone is interested send me a mail in game.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Actium.8765

Actium.8765

Whew I finally get internet back into my new place after seperating from the military and moving from San Diago back to my hometown and I see the same stuff that has dragged darkhaven down for a while… -.-

C’mon guys. You gotta realize that your playing with people from all over the world and everyone acts differently in their own ways.

Now…does anyone wanna donate a GW2 worthy computer so i can play again? I smashed mine by accident. lol

Character: Acium 80 Guard
Server: Northern Shiverpeaks, Commander
Guild: Legends and Myth [Myth]

in Match-ups

skullmount.1758

snip
We’re constantly on the DH TS. However we don’t go to the upper areas, we stay in our guild channel. We’ve tried communicating up top but the people up rarely focus on the game itself, and never listen to us anyways.

If me or any other Fun member is tagged up, it’s because we’ve been asked to by some other guild or because we aren’t running guild ops. We run tagless during guild ops.

I’m a dude by the way.

EDIT: Thought I should point out, I’m not the only one deciding if we go. I’m largely basing it on the feelings of my guild. So if members of [Fun] are trashtalked, DH should know what to expect.

(I was going by character, which was a female iirc. I should know by now not to judge by toon, cause a lot of guys (myself included) mostly play female toons.)

Ahh, I’ve never ventured out of the different borderland channels, so I’ve never heard how any of the guild channels operate. (This is all on how I’ve seen it in NA prime time) The main channels can be, ugh, a bit disruptive (usually the same few people), but they’re just trying to have fun as well (and some of they’re comments/stories are funny). I know at times it can get congested (due to everyone being in the same channel) and some people don’t like that (I’m kinda one of those, depending on how congested it gets), but it usually evens out.

(By the way, can’t remember, but are there any members (or leaders) of [fun] in [RAID]? I want to say we had some in the last meeting but I can’t remember)
(Also, just to be sure, [fun] is the Grawls just want to have fun (or something to that effect), correct?)

Darkhaven server

in Match-ups

Tuluum.9638

[Fun] has no issues with [Anbu]. We do our own thing to help the server; all we ask for is support from the other guilds.

If Assassin X or some other member from Anbu wants to attack us, they can go for it. We do more for the server anyways. But if the majority of Darkhaven wants to attack us, you can understand why we wouldn’t want to fight for you guys anymore.

I came back from a 3 month break around 2 months ago. I made Fun into a WvW guild and recruited the best commanders I could find to balance out the loss of SE/FURY/Abys. We don’t WANT to leave the server, and that is definitely not our intention. However, we are looking into server transfers for the guild if this goes on. We’ll probably make our decision by the end of the season, so it all depends on how DH is feeling at that moment.

I dont know the whole story between [ANBU] and [FUN], nor is it really my business. All I know is that such internal conflict weakens a server until one, or both, guilds leave. The only other option is to work it out, though I have yet to see that happen on DH. The fighting between two larger guilds leaves the majority of the server in the dust.

The only thing I would personally ask is to not base the overall opinion of “DH” on a single guild. I believe that we have the core to really do something, but doing so as a team will lead us to the most success.

Honestly, I have had more commanders listen to my suggestions lately than ever before. Thats a very good thing! If we work as a team, where ideas and strategies can come from anyone, then we can really start moving forward and getting better together. I think one of the best things we could do at this point is try to include everyone as much as we can. TS is a great tool, but instead of rejecting anyone who isnt in it, or those who make simple mistakes (like putting down wrong fields), we could actually work on educating people regardless of if they are in our personal “clique.”

I have been saying that since a couple days after release though, so I dont expect it to change. That said, if it does, we will see a new DH even if all of the people are essentially the same.

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

in Match-ups

Tuluum.9638

Whew I finally get internet back into my new place after seperating from the military and moving from San Diago back to my hometown and I see the same stuff that has dragged darkhaven down for a while… -.-

Yeah, nothing has really changed! Same problems, different names.

Good to see ya back anyhow!

Now…does anyone wanna donate a GW2 worthy computer so i can play again? I smashed mine by accident. lol

Just because I am curious… how do you smash your computer on accident? I am sure there is a story there!

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

in Match-ups

Solstice.1097

idk i feel like whoever chased off ABYS and SE and made them want to leave are still on DH and history seems to be starting to repeat itself.

In my experience “peacekeeping” online is extremely difficult when people’s egos are inflated x 1,000 behind the safety of teh interwebs.

whoever got upset/angry first is at fault here, no matter the situation.

in Match-ups

skullmount.1758

C’mon guys. You gotta realize that your playing with people from all over the world and everyone acts differently in their own ways.

How do you smash a computer on “accident”?

Darkhaven server

in Match-ups

Posted by: Actium.8765

Actium.8765

When I was unpacking and setting up my house I had laid my Tower and Monotor in my office and when I came back with my marble top dresser i accidently kicked over my monotor and stepped on it, cracking the screen. Then I got mad and my hand slipped off the dresser and the full wait of the marble landed on the tower… smashed it and my soul at the same time. ;.;

Character: Acium 80 Guard
Server: Northern Shiverpeaks, Commander
Guild: Legends and Myth [Myth]

in Match-ups

Tuluum.9638

idk i feel like whoever chased off ABYS and SE and made them want to leave are still on DH and history seems to be starting to repeat itself.

In my experience “peacekeeping” online is extremely difficult when people’s egos are inflated x 1,000 behind the safety of teh interwebs.

whoever got upset/angry first is at fault here, no matter the situation.

I dont think its the same people (I could be wrong), just the same behavior.

Its pretty incredible how anonymity changes peoples actions isnt it? Heck, even when driving a car people start to show their “true form.”

Either way, its time for people to get over it and move on. If history is any indication though, that is unlikely to happen. Hopefully it does though. If such things continue to escalate, then the best outcome for DH would be transfers. As long as the egos are at war, the entire team suffers. It makes it rough for a bit, but at least we would have the opportunity to rebuild in a fashion that avoids this type of bs. And, while such internal conflicts go on, the badly needed improvement on all sides will continue to be ignored.

It doesnt matter who started it, who did what, or any of that high school type stuff. What matters now is getting our kitten together and improving as a server and as a team. Who knows if that will happen though, time will tell. Anyone who is willing to just say “hey, this drama is not as important as our team” gets respect in my book.

Some drama here and there is pretty entertaining, but when its bogging down the server it becomes an issue.

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

in Match-ups

Dsybok.1405

Doesn’t seem to be a that big a problem. You are still kicking our butts this week.

Ferguson’s Crossing
Ascenion of Elements
Sylvari Ele main

in Match-ups

skullmount.1758

When I was unpacking and setting up my house I had laid my Tower and Monotor in my office and when I came back with my marble top dresser i accidently kicked over my monotor and stepped on it, cracking the screen. Then I got mad and my hand slipped off the dresser and the full wait of the marble landed on the tower… smashed it and my soul at the same time. ;.;

man, thats rough. Hopefully you get a new computer soon, so you can join us and get in on the season (only two more weeks/matchups left).

Darkhaven server

in Match-ups

Tuluum.9638

Well that sucks.

If you want, PM me with a budget and I can give you a parts list that gives you the most bang for your buck (its one of my jobs). To save a bit of money, you can even use your TV (if you have one) as a monitor. Even if it doesnt have the right connections, there are adapters that are pretty cheap that will probably make it work.

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

in Match-ups

Tuluum.9638

Doesn’t seem to be a that big a problem. You are still kicking our butts this week.

Currently, it isnt. But most of us on DH have seen this before and know where it is going. Honestly, I would guess that some of the people directly involved with the problem were witnesses to the same. It also prevents us from actually improving as time is spent doing… well, numerous things.

So, its not necessarily about the state of our server right now, but more about where this road leads.

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

in Match-ups

Solstice.1097

the innate issue is that usually its those on the receiving end who leave while the ones causing the issue(s) stick around, ready to cause the same problems for the next group.

on FC I can only think of one particular individual that is consistently this sort of antagonist but he isn’t around a whole lot and the rest of the server all just ignores him.

it is pretty rare nowadays to see any complaining or arguing in map chat or in TS, and for that I am extremely thankful.

in Match-ups

Tuluum.9638

@ Acium;

I still think it would be a good idea to create a boot camp of sorts for new players, with experienced players as teachers.

I play too many characters to get the commander tag on just one, so it would be a huge boon to get some people with tags/main characters to help!

Its the sort of thing I participated in with EVE, and it was a HUGE success. Turnover was expected to be high as some people get very serious about their games, and dont want “noobs” cramping their style. But, as it ended up, we just started a subsection of the corp to cater to it, as they simply didnt want to leave the open and friendly environment.

I think having such an organization on our server would help minimize this type of typical MMO drama, and also help new players feel more welcome to the game and get them up to speed much more quickly.

I actually was going to start this when leagues started, but real obligations got in the way.

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

in Match-ups

totalpwnage.6534

Im going to assume you all ignored my previous post since [Fun] is still playing the victim and others are lapping it up. Dont get me wrong, we are very grateful for their work in WvW, the problem comes outside of WvW and the way they interact with the rest of the server. Simply put they are annoying trolls and have earned themselves the reputation they have, and now Darkhaven is calling them out and they cant handle it and ‘threaten’ to move servers. [Fun] is not like Abys, Abys left because they were tired of carrying the server and not because they were hated on. Hope this clears it up…

Quick Load [LOAD]

in Match-ups

oZeppy.9028

snip

I’m a dude by the way.

(I was going by character, which was a female iirc. I should know by now not to judge by toon, cause a lot of guys (myself included) mostly play female toons.)

Ahh, I’ve never ventured out of the different borderland channels, so I’ve never heard how any of the guild channels operate. (This is all on how I’ve seen it in NA prime time) The main channels can be, ugh, a bit disruptive (usually the same few people), but they’re just trying to have fun as well (and some of they’re comments/stories are funny). I know at times it can get congested (due to everyone being in the same channel) and some people don’t like that (I’m kinda one of those, depending on how congested it gets), but it usually evens out.

(By the way, can’t remember, but are there any members (or leaders) of [fun] in [RAID]? I want to say we had some in the last meeting but I can’t remember)
(Also, just to be sure, [fun] is the Grawls just want to have fun (or something to that effect), correct?)

Yeah, we’re Grawls Just Want To Have Fun. I’m the leader, and to my knowledge, none of us are in RAID.

Leader of [Fun] – DH

in Match-ups

oZeppy.9028

Im going to assume you all ignored my previous post since [Fun] is still playing the victim and others are lapping it up. Dont get me wrong, we are very grateful for their work in WvW, the problem comes outside of WvW and the way they interact with the rest of the server. Simply put they are annoying trolls and have earned themselves the reputation they have, and now Darkhaven is calling them out and they cant handle it and ‘threaten’ to move servers. [Fun] is not like Abys, Abys left because they were tired of carrying the server and not because they were hated on. Hope this clears it up…

If we trolled in the past, it was before we were even into WvW. Either way, any “trolls” we might have done were harmless. Our reputation was practically unknown before we got into WvW, now that we’re one of the main guilds we’ve been getting hated on. We’re not playing the victim, because we don’t really care about the comments in terms of being personally affected. We’re just looking for a calm place to play WvW and get better as a guild, and by doing so we help out whatever given server we’re on. Right now we happen to be on Darkhaven. If Darkhaven doesn’t want us here, we don’t have to be. That’s all we’re saying.

Leader of [Fun] – DH

in Match-ups

totalpwnage.6534

If we trolled in the past, it was before we were even into WvW. Either way, any “trolls” we might have done were harmless. Our reputation was practically unknown before we got into WvW, now that we’re one of the main guilds we’ve been getting hated on. We’re not playing the victim, because we don’t really care about the comments in terms of being personally affected. We’re just looking for a calm place to play WvW and get better as a guild, and by doing so we help out whatever given server we’re on. Right now we happen to be on Darkhaven. If Darkhaven doesn’t want us here, we don’t have to be. That’s all we’re saying.

I hope you understand that if you’re able to be disliked on one server then chances are its gonna end up the same on another server.

Quick Load [LOAD]