12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ben K.7329

Ben K.7329

Historically Yak’s bend would roll over and give up when pushed on during the week, but it looks like SBI has taken over that title

Don’t jinx it.

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

While Magnuma’s Night Coverage isn’t as impressive as a lot of T1 servers, It is more then a lot of T2 servers.

You realize Mag was outnumbered most of Monday night and into Tuesday morning when we took the lead from SBI, right? We had 20-30 most of the night, fighting against 50-60 SBI. The few times we had more than that, we stuffed SBI into their spawn and karma trained red’s side of EBG.

Attachments:

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: amiable.4823

amiable.4823

I miss gold league. We lost but at least it was fun and challenging. Yak’s and SBI are just godawful at roaming and PPT play. You really can see the difference in quality of players. I mean repeatedly failing 10+ golem rushes against lightly defended keeps? Really?

Aliquot Love – Engineer
Gable Thorn – Elementalist
Shining in Darkness – Warrior – Mag

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cinder.2056

Cinder.2056

I miss gold league. We lost but at least it was fun and challenging. Yak’s and SBI are just godawful at roaming and PPT play. You really can see the difference in quality of players. I mean repeatedly failing 10+ golem rushes against lightly defended keeps? Really?

And you guys sure are very good at bring that 80 man blob into a single keep.
Oh btw, both keeps in your bl are paper.

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Skroo.1560

Skroo.1560

Hat tip to INC and Ark. You guys kept harassing the puppy out of us in SBIBL last night.

Dat grinder … ow.

Skroo [POV][ROLL] – Yak’s Bend

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

[Bags] is issuing an emergency call for any trolls/golem-jumpers/forum warriors on SBI; we need you now more than ever! We simply can’t keep up with the superior PVF from Yak’s and Maguuma with our limited numbers and are clearly losing in WvW’s forum theater.

If you’re interested in letting people know how terrible they are at this game and making everyone hate you , please message Beth!

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: yksdoris.2194

yksdoris.2194

[Bags] is issuing an emergency call for any trolls/golem-jumpers/forum warriors on SBI; we need you now more than ever! We simply can’t keep up with the superior PVF from Yak’s and Maguuma with our limited numbers and are clearly losing in WvW’s forum theater.

…which, as everyone knows, is the most important indicator of who really won the match. Points are for losers.

#ELEtism
Yak’s Bend

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Flytrap.8075

…which, as everyone knows, is the most important indicator of who really won the match. Points are for losers.

Exactly, we desperately need help.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ben K.7329

Ben K.7329

Both?

Did you knock the other one down to make way for apartments?

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

Cool! Looks back at the scoreboard….I don’t see how that has any relevancy to this game type.

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

New record for 1 skill damage from YB. Normal ballista greater spread spreadshot vs thief: 28,636 total

Old record was from BG kill shot vs zele: 17,643

Gz anonymous YB bear ranger at your nn camp :P

Attachments:

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

(edited by Zephyrus.9680)

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

Cool! Looks back at the scoreboard….I don’t see how that has any relevancy to this game type.

What’s the score are we winning with both skill and points or do points = skill? Are we winning?? I am so confused at the ‘lookit the scoreboard’ stuffs.. halp

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

(edited by Evalana.5480)

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: GabGar.4962

GabGar.4962

Enjoy your third place SBI… Again…

Attachments:

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Would somebody please get SBI a glass of water, they seem to have winded themselves in that weekend sprint forgetting it was a week long race.

(alternative post)

Would somebody please get SBI a little blue pill, they seem to have trouble keeping that ppt up for more than 4 hours.

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

Dude, its just ppt. Relax.

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: gidorah.4960

gidorah.4960

they are only 3rd because mags and yb are 2v1ing them and goon sent its spies to waste their supply and break golems

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

they are only 3rd because mags and yb are 2v1ing them and goon sent its spies to waste their supply and break golems

lol

//Edit: You forgot the update? Only SBI gets the wintersday update

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

(edited by NiloyBardhan.9170)

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: multani.1452

multani.1452

Come on guys let’s get into the holiday spirit! Look I brought everyone Christmas tacos!

Attachments:

“I got ten voices in my head and NONE of them like you.”
~Eliana Veilstrike~
Yak’s Bend (TBE)

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

Come on guys let’s get into the holiday spirit! Look I brought everyone Christmas tacos!

Finally someone with the right ideas!
______
SoCo

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

I’m going to swallow every bit of pride left in me. For the sake of sportmanship.

I’ve heard that YB is still dealing from siege griefers these past weeks, just to let you know, we dont approve of it and none of our regular commanders are using it as an advantage.

Good job on putting us on 3rd place, again. The week is not over, but it shows how dedicated your guilds are. So good job, and I hope we can stop the dirty playing from now on.

Have a fun one

Commander Nachonix

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

I’m going to swallow every bit of pride left in me. For the sake of sportmanship.

I’ve heard that YB is still dealing from siege griefers these past weeks, just to let you know, we dont approve of it and none of our regular commanders are using it as an advantage.

Good job on putting us on 3rd place, again. The week is not over, but it shows how dedicated your guilds are. So good job, and I hope we can stop the dirty playing from now on.

Have a fun one

I think any rational person knows a few bad eggs from who knows where doesn’t represent a server as a whole – be it YB – SBI – insert server here.

I just laugh when I read FA this, SBI that, YB this, MAGs that. For many of us, the server we chose was a crapshoot anyway when we rolled our first character….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Comprissent.3856

Comprissent.3856

Good job on putting us on 3rd place, again.

If you think this is due to 2v1 this is silly

Last night our guild + BT attacked Bay for THREE hours in YB BL. What does SBI do? Come out of spawn, crossed lanes, and try to hit us from behind the ENTIRE time. Meanwhile, completely undefended towers and keeps on their lane of the map that were free to take were not even looked at.

You guys are doing this to yourself, don’t even fool yourself into thinking otherwise. Your complete inability to drop commander tags and split omniblobs is your ultimate downfall

GM – [Ark]ham

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Yerffejy.6538

Yerffejy.6538

Good job on putting us on 3rd place, again.

If you think this is due to 2v1 this is silly

Last night our guild + BT attacked Bay for THREE hours in YB BL. What does SBI do? Come out of spawn, crossed lanes, and try to hit us from behind the ENTIRE time. Meanwhile, completely undefended towers and keeps on their lane of the map that were free to take were not even looked at.

You guys are doing this to yourself, don’t even fool yourself into thinking otherwise. Your complete inability to drop commander tags and split omniblobs is your ultimate downfall

Ooooooh! Quick to the trigger!

He didn’t mention a 2v1…. I have only seen like 1 MAYBE 2 SBI mention a 2v1. xD

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Natronix.9827

I never mentioned any 2v1 in my previous post nor was I talking about mag.

Commander Nachonix

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Have a fun one

This post contains no insults and cannot be summarized with the sentence, “My server/guild is better than your server/guild.”

I…think I…might need a moment…is this still the matchups subforum?

And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming.

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Comprissent.3856

Fair enough, you’re correct

But even “blaming yaks” for “putting [sbi] in 3rd” is wrong, you guys are still doing it to yourselves

GM – [Ark]ham

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

Your logic is flawed. That would imply anyone would ever want to work with Maguumies.

Even Maguumies don’t like playing with Maguumies.

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Since we’re getting all warm and cuddly here, I’d like to say this has been the best three week stretch of matches I’ve experienced here on SBI that I can remember. Definitely since the matches against BP and before that back to the very beginning.

Relatively even and balanced. Hard fought. Lead changes. Can’t ask for more than that.

Thanks Mag and Yaks for the great fun. I hope it continues and ranks 4 – 9 get matched up together a lot.

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Flytrap.8075

But even “blaming yaks” for “putting [sbi] in 3rd” is wrong, you guys are still doing it to yourselves

Don’t mind this guy, he’s just demonstrating why SBI doesn’t/shouldn’t/won’t respect [Ark].

P.S. – Loved the PM’s from your guild over the weekend, real classy.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Adahilia.3678

Adahilia.3678

I didn’t see blame there, but congratulations. You are of course correct in that we are doing it to ourselves, and have been doing it to ourselves for the last 3 weeks. Does it make more sense to run 2-3 tags per map and have the people following you /join squad? Yep it does, and we do do it, but not often enough. Do we have people that get tunnel visioned on certain objectives? Yep we do. Do people here have flaws? Yep they do as do I. Point is you can control only what you can control. I can’t control what someone else does or how they act or react, but I can do those things for myself and I do. I can also lead by example and hope that at least one or two will follow that example. That being said, lots of good fights this week with both Mag and YB. Look forward to having more the rest of the week. Good luck all, see ya on the field.

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

Reasons why SBI is in third:

• YB waypointed garri and WK in SBI BL
  • Entire YB BL waypointed by YB
  • 40-man SBI blob on EBG failing at flipping Mag towers instead of taking back their BL ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
  • SBI continually preferring to backdoor bandit Mag guild groups whilst Mag is engaged with YB voltron blob, rather than flipping their entire undefended lane

I mean, I don’t think it’s that much of a mystery as to why SBI is in third?

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Black Scoutsman.5830

Black Scoutsman.5830

I cant wait until the forum mods find out that this terravos guy is a second account of one that apparently got forum banned after his last attempt at being SBI’s forum champion.

Carry on while I get more popcorn.

Human Warrior, Ranger and dedicated Scout of Yaks bend
The Pinnacle of Resposibility [Mom]

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Comprissent.3856

Don’t mind this guy, he’s just demonstrating why SBI doesn’t/shouldn’t/won’t respect [Ark].

You should know by now hiding behind towers and commander tags won’t earn you respect from ANY mag guild

GM – [Ark]ham

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Truearrow.3527

Truearrow.3527

Inb4 we take Yaks to 0ppt to produce more tears.

Embrace the Evil [TIE][PYRO] Maguuma

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Flytrap.8075

You should know by now hiding behind towers and commander tags won’t earn you respect from ANY mag guild

We’re not looking for respect; we play this game for fun.

Also, as a roaming guild, it’s sometimes necessary for us to hide. Our measly force of 8-10 is no match for your Abys-like blob.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

(edited by Flytrap.8075)

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: cobracommander.5861

cobracommander.5861

Great thread. I’ve been reading this YB/EBAY/SBI 2.0 QQ tearfest with Eric Cartman’s “Cripple Fight!” Running through my head.

And mag…see you soon.

Darth
Necro
CD-FA-TC-HoD-SoS-TC-FA-SBI-SoS-JQ-ET-SFR-FA-DR

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Boonprot.6274

We’re not looking for respect

Also, as a roaming guild, it’s sometimes necessary for us to hide. Our measly force of 8-10 is no match for your Abys-like blob.

Except, in the history of the guild, we’ve never had more than 25 people online for a raid. Typically we run 15-20. Last night was an anomaly in that we had 25 people for an hour or two. Also no tag so no pub tail.

Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Runehand.9368

Runehand.9368

To be fair, nobody earns Maguuma’s respect, whether you’re talking about the overall server forces, guilds, or roamers. I think that can vanish as a topic, entirely.

And FA – you’re just jelly that we have drama. Admit it, you want in on some of this.

Zherbus – Yak’s Bend
Bookahs on [AciD]

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hydrobutter.9172

Hydrobutter.9172

I cant wait until the forum mods find out that this terravos guy is a second account of one that apparently got forum banned after his last attempt at being SBI’s forum champion.

i don’t think anyone is really reading what he is saying. seems like lots of typed words that are bad and wrong

Radio
Co-Guildleader: Wobbly Cat Squad [WCS]

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: kartek.6428

kartek.6428

lol thats not true at all i think i can speak for all of mag when i say ill respect any group who comes down from their sieged keep walls to fight without a massive blob

Kyra – Stormbluff Isle – [Agg] – Mesmer

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Boonprot.6274

lol thats not true at all i think i can speak for all of mag when i say ill respect any group who comes down from their sieged keep walls to fight without a massive blob

Preach.

Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

i don’t think anyone is really reading what he is saying. seems like lots of typed words that are bad and wrong

… but but but … he knows how the rating system works, that logic on tiers. I guess I do learn something new everyday ^^

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: martyrius.8957

martyrius.8957

Why dont yaks and storm go into the obsidian sanctum ever. in your whole servers you guys dont have any duelists or roamers?

80 necro main. 80 mesmer. 80 guardian. 80 thief. 45 elementalist i’m just too lazy.

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Maguuma gets all the fun matches. They got to be there when DB broke down, now they get to break SBI’s spirit too.

Meanwhile all we get is FA PPT tryhard all week long. Very Jelly!

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Keeralah.3140

Keeralah.3140

Maguuma gets all the fun matches. They got to be there when DB broke down, now they get to break SBI’s spirit too.

Breaking the enemies spirit is what we specialize in. Some call it, “The Maguuma Effect”

The Sneaky One – Thief
Keeralah – Elementalist
[WCS] Maguuma

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Miss Firesss.3704

Miss Firesss.3704

Hey! My spirit isn’t broken! Well, maybe it did a little yesterday when I sieged up NW tower in our BL, and everyone but two of my fellow guildies thought a camp on the other side of the map was more important. Yes, we died in that tower.

I will still come out every night, and fight like I always do, win or lose, I don’t care.

[Abys]

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Archtos.8523

Archtos.8523

Maguuma is the Gatekeeper.

Hyear Presia

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Breaking the enemies spirit is what we specialize in. Some call it, “The Maguuma Effect”

You may take our camps. You may take our keeps and our towers. You may take our very lives. You may wipe us back to our little spawn home.

But you’ll never break our spirit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments:

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: jaycatano.6738

jaycatano.6738

You may take our camps. You may take our keeps and our towers. You may take our very lives. You may wipe us back to our little spawn home.

But you’ll never break our spirit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spir·it   (sprt)n.1.a. The vital principle or animating force within living beings.
I believe we took that spirit too

Slightly Better Ele
Violent Resolution [VR]
Maguuma

(edited by jaycatano.6738)

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Natronix.9827

Thanks for the fun fights today at SBI BL and YB BL. Impecable response time as always, Yb

Commander Nachonix