Posted by: kartek.6428

kartek.6428

sorry are we violating your game mode

Kyra – Stormbluff Isle – [Agg] – Mesmer

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Be glad we can’t add moats and drawbridges too……

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

You have clearly never seen the German servers on EU. They’ll outnumber you 2:1 or greater and still sit in their keeps with billions of ACs.

You see this kind of post all the time. “Server X doesn’t fight in the field, they sit behind their tower walls!!!”

It’s like a baseball team just hitting balls but refusing to run the bases. You’d get fired. You might say to the coach, “but did you see how hard I hit?” It won’t really change the fact that you’re not playing the game.

You might hit hard out in the field, but if you’re only looking for open field fights, you just really are bad at WvW.

You know they have this cool thing called the “home-run derby” that people love to watch, showcasing how well a guy can hit the ball. Basketball has this cool slam dunk contest they do, showcasing how far and high someone can dunk.

Open field fighting is that for GW2. It has nothing to do with bad and good… but sitting behind a wall and spamming 123 on an arrow cart is about as interesting as watching my cat lick itself. I fail to use how guarding a keep with siege shows even one iota of ability.

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: ReverendChan.8467

ReverendChan.8467

Theres seems to be a trend going with SBI. Goes a little something like this.

Winning->We’re ub3r skilled all fights in all timezones are even

Losing->Stop 2v1ing us. You’re making a mess of the game mode

Other Servers->lolwut2v1ing?

SBI continues to complain then servers do end up 2v1ing them for the lols.

While this is a troll technically it is probably an accurate statement. I was on SBI for a short while and still have a ton of friends from SBI that are still there. (Even guested there yesterday to show them my new adorablez Mesmer.) Hence why I still pop in from time to time to check ye ole SBI match thread.

When they got the new guilds people seemed to be saying a lot more when they were wrecking the other lower tier servers and moving back up. Then around week 6 I believe of seasons when they got a taste of their first 2v1 the talking turned from happy “we own you” statements to “it is 2v1, it is unfair and I’m mad about it”. My friends that are at SBI were actually fairly disappointed in the WvWerz for the server as a whole based around the majorities forum statements during that week and they should rightfully be upset because it definitely does reflect negatively on SBI as a server.

Tip: 2v1 happens all the time in WvW especially in Tier 1 when server politics have a huge roll (or have had I should say because SoR isn’t stirring up the pot as much recently) to play in getting them setup just to see who is going to hold that top spot. The sooner you realize this is going to happen (whether you like it or not) and develop a solid way to cope is the sooner your server moves into tier 2 (or who knows maybe even tier 1 some day). Complaining about it on the forum when you are down gets you no where (thus SoR’s placing this past season since they complained more than anyone else). If SBI wants to get back to where they were (and where I’d like them to be cuz I miss my fwendz) they need to drop the talky talk and do more walky walk.

Increases in coverage alone don’t get you to the top how your guilds play (activity counts) and how well you cope with adversity does (in addition to the coverage :P). I hope you guys come to the realization soon because I’d like to play vs SBI and vs people whom from your server are some of the nicest people I have gotten to play with.

To Maglowestrankofgoldseason1 and Yak’s Bend: do be aware not everyone on SBI gets up in arms about 2v1 and most of them are fairly disappointed in the negativity displayed here over it.

Most Adorable Necro NA,
Schnigle <3

Most Adorable Na [chan]
Cutest Necro of Aspenwood

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Myrias.8732

Myrias.8732

Just to chime in: I like the idea of people organizing GvG in WvW, since there isn’t any support for that particular game play anywhere else… That said, this is still WvW, and no one has to support your desire if they don’t want to.

Its their choice to not GvG just as much as it is your choice to GvG.

(same goes for any particular facet of WvW: its the combined whole that keeps the game type interesting, not just one)

Myrias Faust – Mesmer
Victory or Death [VoD] – Yak’s Bend

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jaxs.5830

Jaxs.5830

if you’re only looking for open field fights, you just really are bad at WvW.

You mean really bad at PPT, there is a difference.

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Snafu.7412

Snafu.7412

Just to chime in: I like the idea of people organizing GvG in WvW, since there isn’t any support for that particular game play anywhere else… That said, this is still WvW, and no one has to support your desire if they don’t want to.

Its their choice to not GvG just as much as it is your choice to GvG.

(same goes for any particular facet of WvW: its the combined whole that keeps the game type interesting, not just one)

Excuses…..excuses just means they don’t have the mettle to go up against other guilds with even numbers.

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Black Scoutsman.5830

Black Scoutsman.5830

whatever happened to the flame ram in the supply camp? did mags have a change of religion?

Human Warrior, Ranger and dedicated Scout of Yaks bend
The Pinnacle of Resposibility [Mom]

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Grundeg.2690

Grundeg.2690

You know they have this cool thing called the “home-run derby” that people love to watch, showcasing how well a guy can hit the ball. Basketball has this cool slam dunk contest they do, showcasing how far and high someone can dunk.

Open field fighting is that for GW2. It has nothing to do with bad and good… but sitting behind a wall and spamming 123 on an arrow cart is about as interesting as watching my cat lick itself. I fail to use how guarding a keep with siege shows even one iota of ability.

Ever noticed how often the home run derby and dunk contests take place? Once a year for MLB and the NBA.

The dunk contest nowadays mainly consists of players most people haven’t heard of because the superstars consider it a waste of time. The home run derby is a little better off in that area but you still get several players every year declining to participate.

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Snafu.7412

whatever happened to the flame ram in the supply camp? did mags have a change of religion?

Lord Xuchan Master of Karma, Destroyer of Waypoints

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: jubjub.6084

jubjub.6084

You have clearly never seen the German servers on EU. They’ll outnumber you 2:1 or greater and still sit in their keeps with billions of ACs.

You see this kind of post all the time. “Server X doesn’t fight in the field, they sit behind their tower walls!!!”

It’s like a baseball team just hitting balls but refusing to run the bases. You’d get fired. You might say to the coach, “but did you see how hard I hit?” It won’t really change the fact that you’re not playing the game.

You might hit hard out in the field, but if you’re only looking for open field fights, you just really are bad at WvW.

Being looked down on by a fellow Yaks Bendian, harsh :/

Yak’s Bend
Bookahs on [AciD]

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Myrias.8732

Excuses…..excuses just means they don’t have the mettle to go up against other guilds with even numbers.

I like the generalization that everyone who doesn’t GvG is scared. Bet that gets the testosterone flowing.

Myrias Faust – Mesmer

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hydrobutter.9172

Hydrobutter.9172

wut

tl;dr plz without the weird baby talk ty

Radio
Co-Guildleader: Wobbly Cat Squad [WCS]

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tibstrike.2974

Tibstrike.2974

wut

What?*

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: kartek.6428

kartek.6428

Ever noticed how often the home run derby and dunk contests take place? Once a year for MLB and the NBA.

The dunk contest nowadays mainly consists of players most people haven’t heard of because the superstars consider it a waste of time. The home run derby is a little better off in that area but you still get several players every year declining to participate.

so basically ppters are the real superstars and gvgers are nobodies

ok

Kyra – Stormbluff Isle – [Agg] – Mesmer

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Comprissent.3856

Comprissent.3856

Oh look, mag got night-capped on

again

GM – [Ark]ham

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Hydrobutter.9172

wut

What?*

ty for confirmation but that doesn’t help me get through that boring multi-paragraph post

Radio

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Myrias.8732

It’s one thing to like/prefer GvG, its another to dis people who don’t GvG when they are playing WvW.

Vice-versa, too. You’d think that it is impossible to like open-field fights and siege fights equally: have to choose one and forsake the other.

Myrias Faust – Mesmer

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cinder.2056

Cinder.2056

Mag loves open field fights, and thats good for Mag. Theres no need to call other servers who likes wvw in a different perspective bad.

But again, im probably just speaking gibberish to Mag’s PvF.

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Alukah.2063

Alukah.2063

Liking PPT is a sin, repent and seek the path of the light.

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pichichi.1975

Pichichi.1975

Mag loves open field fights, and thats good for Mag. Theres no need to call other servers who likes wvw in a different perspective bad.

But again, im probably just speaking gibberish to Mag’s PvF.

Hey is your guild going to dodge GvGs again today?

Tukuku – Mesmer / Mimiyukii -Thief / Sailor Mimi – Necromancer
[DERP] [iRez]

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

wut

SBI Number 1 hypocrites GW2.

Isle Of Janthir

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Art.9820

Art.9820

again

oh look, an excuse

again

All classes

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Hydrobutter.9172

wut

ty bb. Appreciate

Radio

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: ReverendChan.8467

ReverendChan.8467

wut

ty bb. Appreciate

My post wasn’t really for you it was for SBI. I’m afraid I don’t have many inspiring words for Maglastplacegoldseason1… but I still wub you wit all my wittle heartz! Snuggles

Most Adorable Necro NA,
Schnigle <3

Most Adorable Na [chan]
Cutest Necro of Aspenwood

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

again

oh look, an excuse

again

whats it an excuse of

please say the magic words m8

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Art.9820

again

oh look, an excuse

again

whats it an excuse of

bad come back is bad

you should stick with forum reports like most of Mag pvfers when they just don’t know how to reply

All classes

(edited by Art.9820)

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Miss Firesss.3704

Miss Firesss.3704

GG YB….Can’t fight us to get to the PAPER DOOR tower, so you bring your omegas. Just…..wow.

Attachments:

[Abys]

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

again

oh look, an excuse

again

whats it an excuse of

bad come back is bad

you should stick with forum reports like most of Mag pvfers when they just don’t know how to reply

no im serious what it an excuse for

i’d like you to go with something along the lines of “looks at scoreboard”

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fly.4958

Fly.4958

Nerds.

That is all.

More Tequila
Less Pants
Shameful Display

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

Yaks and SBI people

I’m not trying to insult you

Accept my party invite

I wanna talk about builds.

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

GG YB….Can’t fight us to get to the PAPER DOOR tower, so you bring your omegas. Just…..wow.

Should I have screen capped last night when 7 of us took hills because no one was there while a mini blob (25+) of sbi sat at nw tower? Just…… Wow.

Point is, many ways to play the game – it is only a game after all…….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Art.9820

again

oh look, an excuse

again

whats it an excuse of

bad come back is bad

no im serious what it an excuse for

i’d like you to go with something along the lines of “looks at scoreboard”

Oh gotcha!!!! that was a tricky question since you guys drop excuses for anything, almost got me there :o

All classes

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Duke was try harding on tuesday all night because he didn’t want sbi to win. He is the reason we took all of sbi’s waypoints. After that no one really tried to keep up. We got lucky and didn’t get our keeps attacked until last night. Good effort by Yaks Bend. Glad sbi is in last.

Bad Elementalist

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

Mag stop being bad. Theres not enough YB and SBI rage in this forum yet. -1.

Isle Of Janthir

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Arya Whitefire.8423

Arya Whitefire.8423

I can’t speak for the rest of Yak’s Bend, but I don’t play to fight, I play to win. And I play for PPT. I also play for crushing the enemy’s morale whenever possible, since Anet has not seen fit to even provide a hint of fairness in the baseline population. How many of you logged out after that? :P If even 1? A total success, in my eyes.

(edited by Arya Whitefire.8423)

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kcrook.3945

Kcrook.3945

I can’t speak for the rest of Yak’s Bend, but I don’t play to fight, I play to win. And I play for PPT. I also play for crushing the enemy’s morale whenever possible, since Anet has not seen fit to even provide a hint of fairness in the baseline population. How many of you logged out after that? :P If even 1? A total success, in my eyes.

lol…

You poor skill less soul…

-Ckrael- THE Guardian
[Bags]
Ebay << What a mistake.

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jaxs.5830

Jaxs.5830

I can’t speak for the rest of Yak’s Bend, but I don’t play to fight, I play to win. And I play for PPT. I also play for crushing the enemy’s morale whenever possible

Out of morbid curiosity, how exactly are you crushing the enemy’s morale without fighting?

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Arya Whitefire.8423

lol…

So you admit to losing to the skill-less, what does that make you?

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: neven.3785

neven.3785

Doing the I squish you routine from kids in the hall whilst idling a top a wall

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Miss Firesss.3704

Miss Firesss.3704

None of the people there logged out….Notice the green dots? There weren’t many to begin with. I just think it’s funny that you couldn’t get to the tower to build any ground siege, nor could you get in with 2 walls down, so you brought omegas and 25+.

[Abys]

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Arya Whitefire.8423

I can’t speak for the rest of Yak’s Bend, but I don’t play to fight, I play to win. And I play for PPT. I also play for crushing the enemy’s morale whenever possible

Out of morbid curiosity, how exactly are you crushing the enemy’s morale without fighting?

Well, for starters, a single person willing to dedicate their day to sieging up, guarding, and tagging siege in a keep, is easily worth an entire highly skilled zerg in the field. Yak’s bend has a lot of people willing to do the non sexy, non fighting, grunt work, that is required to win wvw.

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Winkin.1490

Winkin.1490

Well, for starters, a single person willing to dedicate their day to sieging up, guarding, and tagging siege in a keep

Wow, what an amazing display of individual skill.

[AoN] All or Nothing

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

Attention Yak’s Bend and SBI.

There is a subset of Maguumies who plan on playing for PPT tonight.

If you beat them please brag as much as humanly possible and mock them for being bads and trying to play for PPT despite not playing for PPT.

Your friend,
Deany Kong

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kcrook.3945

Kcrook.3945

lol…

So you admit to losing to the skill-less, what does that make you?

Lol, what are you winning? I’m sure the way I play (not for ppt) is far more fulfilling than yours!

-Ckrael- THE Guardian
[Bags]
Ebay << What a mistake.

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: jaycatano.6738

jaycatano.6738

Attention Yak’s Bend and SBI.

There is a subset of Maguumies who plan on playing for PPT tonight.

If you beat them please brag as much as humanly possible and mock them for being bads and trying to play for PPT despite not playing for PPT.

Your friend,
Deany Kong

I’ll be one of those. Finals are over and I’m ready to pull an all nighter. After desolation of smaug that is.

Slightly Better Ele
Violent Resolution [VR]
Maguuma

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Arya Whitefire.8423

Lol, what are you winning? I’m sure the way I play (not for ppt) is far more fulfilling than yours!

Oh, you mean the game where you cut and paste the current FOTM OP builds, play with friends coordinated on voice comms against people that probably aren’t even using the in game text messaging, and then call yourselves “skilled” after downing your 3rd staff ele of the day? :P

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Snafu.7412

Well, for starters, a single person willing to dedicate their day to sieging up, guarding, and tagging siege in a keep, is easily worth an entire highly skilled zerg in the field. Yak’s bend has a lot of people willing to do the non sexy, non fighting, grunt work, that is required to win wvw.

This guy right here, somewhere Devon Carver is smiling with his arrowcart figurine.

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lokan Tores.8736

Lokan Tores.8736

Why use a finishing hammer when a sledge hammer is present?
Why have a 600hp V8 when a 200hp 4cyl is enough?
Why eat the whole bag of pizza rolls?

Because, you whimsical little rascal you… too much is never enough.

Satsugeisha
Yaks’ Bend
The Sixth Degree {TSD}

12/06/13 - MAG/YB/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

Oh, you mean the game where you cut and paste the current FOTM OP builds, play with friends coordinated on voice comms against people that probably aren’t even using the in game text messaging, and then call yourselves “skilled” after downing your 3rd bad build warrior of the day? :P

I thought to fix the argument there a bit.

Dear god there are just some awful builds I have been seeing, it makes me sad.

Also laughing at the recent strain of cond warriors, you can’t just take what you see in SPvP and expect it to be successful in WvW!

Pro-tip: Any necro will own that build! ANY.

But Mag is right. There is little skill involved with mere tapping of siege and pressing a few buttons for instawins.

But mags, if you were really about open-field fights, couldn’t you just sit your groups on roads non-stop in-between keeps? Actually I am surprised you just don’t chill at the spawn points for SBI and Yaks on your BL…after clearing up WPs.

And why do some Mags actually say they play for PPT? Isn’t that against your religion?

Somehow I feel like you need to go on a holy wars or something.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”