12/06/13 SF/KN/AR

12/06/13 SF/KN/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Attack Robot.2619

Attack Robot.2619

Rezing through water gates is not an exploit, just bad design. Blame anet .

Commanders Ararius(guardian) & Attack Robot (ele) [CoSA] SF

12/06/13 SF/KN/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Syryn.7591

Syryn.7591

I guess Anvil Rock has become a scary server that people need to exploit against in order to beat. It’s quite an honor. Thank you Commander Laylä from [LH]

I hope you are being sarcastic.

Why would that be sarcasm? We took out the zergy beast that is GoM and we’re currently winning this week by 17k atm

I think he mostly meant that he hopes you weren’t really going to be that egotistical sounding just because you’re winning by 17k/however many k it is atm. Dude congrats AR is winning but let’s not be overly uppity about it. You found a mesmer doing some shady stuff- SF did the same at our bay during one of our match ups in league and it’s not because we were a “scary server.”
Basically your claim about your server is your perception not other server’s perception of it, hate to break it to you.

Take it from someone on Kaineng the higher you climb on the “we’re so awesome” ladder the harder you fall to rock bottom.

Entryn ele
I main an ele but playeth all the things
[FLOT]

12/06/13 SF/KN/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mariticide.1970

Mariticide.1970

Most of us are trying very hard not to let our recent successes go to our heads. As you can see by this thread, we remind each other that not very long ago we were at the bottom, so do not brag or get uppity. This is just a game, and we’re all here to have fun.

Mariticide – Anvil Rock
Guardian – [KAOS] – Killing as Organized Sport
Personal Guild – [BOOK] – Librarians Anonymous

12/06/13 SF/KN/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: EldredHash.4108

EldredHash.4108

I guess Anvil Rock has become a scary server that people need to exploit against in order to beat. It’s quite an honor. Thank you Commander Laylä from [LH]

Why would that be sarcasm? We took out the zergy beast that is GoM and we’re currently winning this week by 17k atm

I think he mostly meant that he hopes you weren’t really going to be that egotistical sounding just because you’re winning by 17k/however many k it is atm. Dude congrats AR is winning but let’s not be overly uppity about it. You found a mesmer doing some shady stuff- SF did the same at our bay during one of our match ups in league and it’s not because we were a “scary server.”
Basically your claim about your server is your perception not other server’s perception of it, hate to break it to you.

Take it from someone on Kaineng the higher you climb on the “we’re so awesome” ladder the harder you fall to rock bottom.

OBEY had a mesmer die on the watergate purposefully as well during the season. Also tonight Kain had a thief hacking through a wall at Anzalis, they weren’t OBEY though.

12/06/13 SF/KN/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: ReinventTheExit.6587

ReinventTheExit.6587

I agree with Mariticide, every server has bad apples. Not even bad apples, overly excited people I should say. AR has been getting our teeth kicked in by every server for months and these last month we’ve been getting our ducks in a row. Do we have some pride in that? Hell yes we do!

As to what borrok has said, you’ve got people that use that bug on EVERY SINGLE SERVER. Don’t cop no self-righteous attitude unless you know for a fact your server has never done it. As to not being scared of us…idk which server you’re on but we’ve got a 21k lead and we own everything sitting on the map that’s worth everything of value. If that’s nothing to be scared of…what is?

12/06/13 SF/KN/AR

in Match-ups

Syryn.7591

OBEY had a mesmer die on the watergate purposefully as well during the season. Also tonight Kain had a thief hacking through a wall at Anzalis, they weren’t OBEY though.

Lol your reply would have more meaning if I had agreed on the watergate thing being an exploit, I was pointing out something entirely different. But your lack of screenshot evidence just tells me you’re trying to prove a moot point by calling out my guild. However, if you do have one i’d like to see it.

Entryn ele
[FLOT]

(edited by Syryn.7591)

12/06/13 SF/KN/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: bob.8632

bob.8632

My favorite part about this thread is the people on AR acting like “nothings changed” and that they didn’t get some transfers etc. (Not only AR but every server always wants to act like it was “them” that turned it around not like they got help)

At the end of the day even 1-2, dedicated 10-20 man guilds can make a huge difference in this game (especially in these tiers). And it is not always because of their contributions, but rather because once your fairweathers get wind of “new people” they usually flock to WvW more. Which ofc gives you access to all of the people you had all along that wouldn’t help you out before.

Either way, AR is definitely booming and seems to have population fillers that are in a bad place for SF and Kain…Ticking 585 at 430a server.

(edited by bob.8632)

12/06/13 SF/KN/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mugo.5723

Mugo.5723

It is a running joke in TS about numbers we get in transfers. Really no one knows and we haven’t gotten that big wvw guild to “carry” our server. We are getting the refugees of wvw. A few people here and a few people there. Anyone that comes over to AR will understand our defensive priority. ET and DR were class acts when they lost to us and GoM thought we got huge numbers because…we beat ET and DR. Come on man! Bob you really think people transferred over by the truck load after beating those servers (no disrespect to ET and DR). Again refer back to our match ups and you can see steady improvement. We have never denied transfers, we just don’t know how many we have. Why can’t people admit that we stepped up our game? In that regard yes everything has changed. Our attitude, our coverage, our TS usage, our zerg busting, our defense, our offense, our reset nights etc…have all changed since we last fought SF. Just admit it…or maybe you can transfer over here and we can teach you guys how to play in wvw (lol I just kidding but sounds familiar right).

StaR gg on the Garrison cap last night. If we didn’t have SF inner garrison down to 15% maybe more people would of came back to stop you. After the garrison race we managed to cap OL. I thought maybe you guys would come for it but whatever. Cheers to the rest of the week!

Manvil Rock Commander Riem Gren [MAN]

12/06/13 SF/KN/AR

in Match-ups

bob.8632

It is a running joke in TS about numbers we get in transfers. Really no one knows and we haven’t gotten that big wvw guild to “carry” our server. We are getting the refugees of wvw. A few people here and a few people there. Anyone that comes over to AR will understand our defensive priority. ET and DR were class acts when they lost to us and GoM thought we got huge numbers because…we beat ET and DR. Come on man! Bob you really think people transferred over by the truck load after beating those servers (no disrespect to ET and DR). Again refer back to our match ups and you can see steady improvement. We have never denied transfers, we just don’t know how many we have. Why can’t people admit that we stepped up our game? In that regard yes everything has changed. Our attitude, our coverage, our TS usage, our zerg busting, our defense, our offense, our reset nights etc…have all changed since we last fought SF. Just admit it…or maybe you can transfer over here and we can teach you guys how to play in wvw (lol I just kidding but sounds familiar right).

StaR gg on the Garrison cap last night. If we didn’t have SF inner garrison down to 15% maybe more people would of came back to stop you. After the garrison race we managed to cap OL. I thought maybe you guys would come for it but whatever. Cheers to the rest of the week!

I really wasn’t trying to take anything away from you guys, it is obvious you have done some work. It is a problem with every server, not just AR, people always want to act like: “What we don’t have any more people”…When it is obvious to everyone else that you do…Even more so fairweathers ruin the bronze tiers, make matches hard to get a handle on and one week blow a server up and the next cause it to almost fully crumble. Regarding transfers it was our understanding some of your old guilds have came back, rather than a boatload of transfers etc.

12/06/13 SF/KN/AR

in Match-ups

ReinventTheExit.6587

That’s exactly it! Hahah! Everyone thinks we convinced a few huge guilds to join AR. The fact is we didn’t. The only transfer that I was aware of was the guild SHH from Kpop I think it was and they said they were bringing 30+ ppl. Then they got over here and it was like a group of less than 10 and half of them went right over to DH.

I’m not saying we have not gotten any new guilds, to say that, I’d be wrong because I just don’t know. What I have seen is an increase in popularity of WvW WITHIN the server. Thats all I’m saying…besides we we’re ranked what 23rd or 24th before the season? What kind of WvW guild would of transferred to AR….think about it.

We beat GoM at the end of Season 1 not because they secured their spot in the season and decided to give us a free one, they quit because we started kicking their kitten opening weekend and decided to let us roll with it to save their embarrassment. We beat SF and Kpop because we have a more spread out time groups then they do….NOT because our zergs out man them.

12/06/13 SF/KN/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Killuminati.6945

Killuminati.6945

I really wasn’t trying to take anything away from you guys, it is obvious you have done some work. It is a problem with every server, not just AR, people always want to act like: “What we don’t have any more people”…When it is obvious to everyone else that you do…Even more so fairweathers ruin the bronze tiers, make matches hard to get a handle on and one week blow a server up and the next cause it to almost fully crumble. Regarding transfers it was our understanding some of your old guilds have came back, rather than a boatload of transfers etc.

The only real applicable statement here is “old guilds have came back”. But lets be specific….One of our old guilds has come back. They pull around 10 max a night(yes oceanic). Transfers to our server account for MAYBE 10% of our success. The remaining 90% is due to cooperation between the people that were already here and the incorporation of TS. With the effort of a lot of the core WvWers we have developed a very large TS community and are able to train any newcomers to WvW efficiently while being able to coordinate our numbers actively in BLs so we dont wipe at any encounter of resistance. The majority of the claims are “you got oce xfers so we cant do anything when we are sleeping” however even during prime time AR held highest PPT for a majority of time even pushing SF below Kain at which point they gave up stacking AR and harassed Kain.

However I do agree AR does NOT need to start chest bumping…yet…but I certainly will not have all the work the core WvWers put into the success we have now downplayed by some discouraged players in denial.

Anvil Rock Commander
Lady Itzala(Theif)-Avaridical(Ele)
[WAR]Warlords

12/06/13 SF/KN/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: borrok.9267

borrok.9267

I agree with Mariticide, every server has bad apples. Not even bad apples, overly excited people I should say. AR has been getting our teeth kicked in by every server for months and these last month we’ve been getting our ducks in a row. Do we have some pride in that? Hell yes we do!

As to what borrok has said, you’ve got people that use that bug on EVERY SINGLE SERVER. Don’t cop no self-righteous attitude unless you know for a fact your server has never done it. As to not being scared of us…idk which server you’re on but we’ve got a 21k lead and we own everything sitting on the map that’s worth everything of value. If that’s nothing to be scared of…what is?

We don’t have morning coverage. Notice there was little to no resistance? Wait a few hours and we will take it all back, though the point value is still in your favor due to the time which has elapsed while you had them. Your point spread will continue to grow due to this.

Teef master race

12/06/13 SF/KN/AR

in Match-ups

bob.8632

The only real applicable statement here is “old guilds have came back”. But lets be specific….One of our old guilds has come back. They pull around 10 max a night(yes oceanic). Transfers to our server account for MAYBE 10% of our success. The remaining 90% is due to cooperation between the people that were already here and the incorporation of TS. With the effort of a lot of the core WvWers we have developed a very large TS community and are able to train any newcomers to WvW efficiently while being able to coordinate our numbers actively in BLs so we dont wipe at any encounter of resistance. The majority of the claims are “you got oce xfers so we cant do anything when we are sleeping” however even during prime time AR held highest PPT for a majority of time even pushing SF below Kain at which point they gave up stacking AR and harassed Kain.

However I do agree AR does NOT need to start chest bumping…yet…but I certainly will not have all the work the core WvWers put into the success we have now downplayed by some discouraged players in denial.

Yeah I can see your point(s). Also very likely that is the case as well from what I have seen. The other factor to consider (at least into regards to SF) is that as a whole the server seems burnt out from leagues.

Reset night we didn’t queue anything until EB about 1-1.5hrs in…Not comparing that to AR/Kain just comparing to what we normally see (2 maps sometimes 3 queued).

Also not making excuses, if AR wins they win on their own accord. Just saying that SF seems to be sleep walking and along the way going through a slight rebuilding phase from within.

Still plenty of time this week to make a go of it, should be fun.

12/06/13 SF/KN/AR

in Match-ups

Killuminati.6945

@bob

Agreed. Leagues definitely and obviously did the opposite for AR. We gradually got higher and higher morale until the league finale and everyone just blew up with excitement so now people are eager as hell to log on, jump into TS and jump into WvW which was quite the opposite a month or two ago. And as I noted earlier, there has been some pretty intense races with SF so far so hopefully scores dont discourage people too much. Being from AR we all know the “well looks like WvW is dieng…time to pve” thought process….BUT YOU MUST FIGHT THE URGE!!

Anvil Rock Commander
[WAR]Warlords

(edited by Killuminati.6945)

12/06/13 SF/KN/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

See I don’t understand why intelligent discussion like this doesn’t happen more often. People talk about what’s going on with their servers, and everyone moves on.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

12/06/13 SF/KN/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: highlandria.7941

highlandria.7941

Ar has gotten 7 or so more recruits the last 2 days so were somewhere around 20 known people transferring with 3 more coming in the next few days.

12/06/13 SF/KN/AR

in Match-ups

bob.8632

@bob

Agreed. Leagues definitely and obviously did the opposite for AR. We gradually got higher and higher morale until the league finale and everyone just blew up with excitement so now people are eager as hell to log on, jump into TS and jump into WvW which was quite the opposite a month or two ago. And as I noted earlier, there has been some pretty intense races with SF so far so hopefully scores dont discourage people too much. Being from AR we all know the “well looks like WvW is dieng…time to pve” thought process….BUT YOU MUST FIGHT THE URGE!!

That is an excellent point, AR obviously was building momentum and SF while we did fight hard undoubtedly we were on the “downswing” of our momentum. I am sure there are a handful or more of folks that have the “leagues are over, what point to play” mentality.

There is and always be a core group of people still here fighting, the wildcard for this week anyway, still remains on which server loses “who” (how many) when the PVE leach Patch comes through tomorrow.

12/06/13 SF/KN/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Madora.9340

Madora.9340

God, I don’t want to repeat what I did this weekend ever again.

12/06/13 SF/KN/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: CyberSamurai.1208

CyberSamurai.1208

Good points on all sides concerning the metamorphosis of server populations over time. Some observations (I’ve been AR since the beginning):

1. AR had to learn about server communications (thanks Blackgate for teaching me during Tequatl farming!). As the leader of WAR/MERC I take responsibility for being part of our original problem in that we were definitely NOT inclined to participate in a server wide strategy. TeamSpeak usage has changed all that, and our guild is a mainstay voice for encouraging server centric cooperation.

2. We encourage EVERY player to join a WvW guild and participate. Part of that requires that we educate them on the benefits, and train them in the mechanics. Once again, TeamSpeak makes a significant difference.

3. Our Commanders recognize that they only serve at the pleasure of the GuildWarriors that run with them. Show some skill, leadership and patience; they will respond.

4. We embrace our PvP population and encourage them as part of the environment. They have skills, and when we can get them to run, they are deadly in WvW.

5. We have built a sense of community enabled by TeamSpeak that makes 20 guilds seem more like one… Quite amazing.

6. We recognize that our players come from all walks of life and that they have different pressures and responsibilities. No stress, no drama, play to escape… This is JUST a game.

7. WAR is ONLY adults, MERC is everyone. Our younger players are incredible, but we also recognize that there are generational differences that sometimes make for difficult circumstances in guild communication. Our two guild approach seems to work for us, and for the many MERC players who choose to run with us.

8. Commander reputations. We have many Commanders, probably 5 or 6 who are readily recognized, and they all have different tactical and strategic strengths. We leverage that for our engagements. For instance, you will usually not find me in Eternal, but you better watch your back in your home borderland. That said, we readily converge like a swarm on any call for assistance when needed.

9. Commander Buffalo took a step back. Yes, I have critics, but I have one goal. Server success in the sense that we have FUN playing the game. Nice if we win in WvW, but not essential. Winning isn’t everything.

10. We welcome new players and we share the pain of competition. Credit goes to everyone in AR, not just “the guild” or any transfers. This is about a new attitude and how a losing server got its dignity back.

Thanks for listening. My apologies to any that might have had “negative encounters” with me in the past. Part of the process.

See you on the field of battle!

Commander Buffalo (Asuran Engineer)/Battlemaster of War (Norn Guardian)
WarLords [WAR] and PeaceTrain [MERC] (AR)
Founder and Guild Leader

12/06/13 SF/KN/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gman.3789

Gman.3789

I echo the sentiments that a lot of us in SF are burnt out from leagues. A number of our commanders and serious wubers are taking a break and getting some neglected PvE in.

After obsessing over outcomes in leagues for the last 7 weeks I’m finding it nice to just hang out in wub and work on tactics and team-building. We held SM for ~7 or 8 hours yesterday despite some nice pushes for it — and even managed to get the shiny to full tier2 thanks to some great dual-pronged driving and cooperation with a bunch of pugs (another thing we have to work on).

Until we get this whole coverage wars thing figured out, I think most of us will be playing like this instead.

12/06/13 SF/KN/AR

in Match-ups

ReinventTheExit.6587

Why do people always come onto these kinds of posts and say stuff like this.
“Oh, we are not even trying”
“Ooh, we’re burnt out from the 7 week season grind.”

That is complete nonsense. AR is beating SF and Kpop at EVERY single turn. We are taking lead because our WvWvW game has skyrocketed. Yup, we are taking advantage of coverage gaps…but that’s not the entirely we’re wining. Hell it’s prime time for everybody right now and we’re still leading. Hmm. Crazy.

12/06/13 SF/KN/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

3 PM on the west coast is not “prime time”.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

12/06/13 SF/KN/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: bigsal.7061

bigsal.7061

That is complete nonsense. AR is beating SF and Kpop at EVERY single turn. We are taking lead because our WvWvW game has skyrocketed. Yup, we are taking advantage of coverage gaps…but that’s not the entirely we’re wining. Hell it’s prime time for everybody right now and we’re still leading. Hmm. Crazy.

Its primetime for you and the majority of your server maybe but not for our main WvW forces and guilds.
Just logged on myself and theres only 3 others online in the guild and wont be many more on for another 3 hours.
Your server has more coverage for at least 18 hours of each day so give your chest pumping a rest.
SF has a 5 hour window each night when we can field close to your servers numbers and even then we have the outmanned buff at times.

StaR-SF
Crazyhorse

12/06/13 SF/KN/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: SHAKA ZULU.3128

SHAKA ZULU.3128

For real im still at work. The party dont start on kaineng until I show up to subtely berate everyone.

love,

a guardian from k[Ai]neng

12/06/13 SF/KN/AR

in Match-ups

clint.5681

Lol the lead is going straight to some peoples head

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior

12/06/13 SF/KN/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gman.3789

Gman.3789

I’m only recanting the (generalized) sentiment in one of the largest wub guilds on SF — it has nothing to do with how well AR is playing. Clearly you guys are king of the hill now so please proceed to berate us with the usual ad hominem attacks and “lol coverage wars” rebuttals.

(edited by Gman.3789)

12/06/13 SF/KN/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Junkhaus.4301

Junkhaus.4301

What I’m seeing right now from SF is not the same we fought weeks earlier during the season. The previous SF had the 2nd most participation levels I’ve seen in WvW this season, right now it’s quite tame by comparison. I’m not one to kick a server while they’re down. SF deserves a relaxing break from WvW stress and just play for fun, they’ve accomplished a lot during the season. IMO you were the server in bronze that was closest to competing with HoD during your season prime.

You should have some respect from me, at least after all that hate for your server I’ve been reading on last week. Not that I like your SF forum warriors when you are winning and spamming the recruitment posts on the matchup thread, but AR right now… loll. Omg guuyeez, bronze league offseason is teh hardcore real deal! All hail AR! Their genius wvw strategies and grass roots community building is a beacon of hope for all bronze leaguers! Enlighten us in your ways so we may learn to be champions of bronze league offseason.

(Awaiting for AR response)

Lacedæmon, Ädrasteia -Warriors
[OBEY]
Kaineng

(edited by Junkhaus.4301)

12/06/13 SF/KN/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: CornChips.5392

CornChips.5392

My last post was unfortunately deleted due to it being a response to an infracted post so I’ll repeat my sentiment now.

We were warned by our commanders (even though we knew already) that SF was a good server with some strong groups, overall strong plays and a kitten to fight. We fully knew SF’s strengths and weaknesses and formulated a server wide strategy for this.

Irrespective of the outcome of this match the result has not shifted my and our respect for SF. We still consider you guys as harder fighters than most in the bronze league group and probably harder than some silver. Keep up the good work and good fights.

As for my server mates. Please excuse their over excitement. It’s been a long time since we started moving any other direction then down and we know that hard consitant coverage fights will be soon at our door.

CornChips | Sylvari Guardian |
Dvaita Vedanta | Human Mesmer|
The Fluttering Horde [TFH] | CD

12/06/13 SF/KN/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mariticide.1970

Mariticide.1970

I’m only recanting the (generalized) sentiment in one of the largest wub servers on SF — it has nothing to do with how well AR is playing. Clearly you guys are king of the hill now so please proceed to berate us with the usual ad hominem attacks and “lol coverage wars” rebuttals.

Funny thing is we’re not like that. Yes, we have some bad apples that I wish would not chest beat. However, in general we understand how this is going, and we know the feeling of being on the bottom. Thus, we are both gracious in victory and defeat. To do anything else would be silly. What serves as our server leadership (not me) has stated publicly to not chest beat and to be gracious.

Remember, it’s just a game! Win or lose, lets just have fun! Trust me, AR has plenty of practice at the having fun while losing part.

Mariticide – Anvil Rock
Guardian – [KAOS] – Killing as Organized Sport
Personal Guild – [BOOK] – Librarians Anonymous

12/06/13 SF/KN/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dovgan.8605

Dovgan.8605

Well, have had some fun encounters on the field and in OSanctum so far this match up. Hope the rest of the week brings more of the same from all three servers. All servers deserve a chance to take a week off and regroup, the last seven weeks were stressful, I am sure, for all servers that were involved.
Looking forward to more fun out there on the battlefield.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger
http://www.anvilrockserver.com
[LPC] [KAOS] – Killing As Organized Sport

12/06/13 SF/KN/AR

in Match-ups

clint.5681

Every server has their bad apples and trolls, I’m one of them at times so I understand.

Ill never stop my quest for tears

12/06/13 SF/KN/AR

in Match-ups

borrok.9267

What I’m seeing right now from SF is not the same we fought weeks earlier during the season. The previous SF had the 2nd most participation levels in I’ve seen in WvW, right now it’s quite tame by comparison. I’m not one to kick a server while they’re down. SF deserves a relaxing break from WvW stress and just play for fun, they’ve accomplished a lot during the season. IMO you were the server in bronze that was closest to competing with HoD during your season prime.

You should have some respect from me, at least after all that hate for your server I’ve been reading on last week. Not that I like your SF forum warriors when you are winning and spamming the recruitment posts on the matchup thread, but AR right now… loll. Omg guuyeez, bronze league offseason is teh hardcore real deal! All hail AR! Their genius wvw strategies and grass roots community building is a beacon of hope for all bronze leaguers! Enlighten us in your ways so we may learn to be champions of bronze league offseason.

Yeah you are right. SF has flipped both ways actually. Previously (just an observation)SF was a lot less organized and had significantly more zombies. Over the season, and I think hugely thanks to HoD, SF really pulled together and the commanders got a LOT of good organized fighting experience as well as GvG. On the flip side of that, now that the season’s over, those burnt out are probably on a well deserved vacation in the mythical land of PVE. Given the low numbers I even had time to comfortably roam, and make a crappy vid about it!

Teef master race

12/06/13 SF/KN/AR

in Match-ups

clint.5681

What I’m seeing right now from SF is not the same we fought weeks earlier during the season. The previous SF had the 2nd most participation levels in I’ve seen in WvW, right now it’s quite tame by comparison. I’m not one to kick a server while they’re down. SF deserves a relaxing break from WvW stress and just play for fun, they’ve accomplished a lot during the season. IMO you were the server in bronze that was closest to competing with HoD during your season prime.

Yeah you are right. SF has flipped both ways actually. Previously (just an observation)SF was a lot less organized and had significantly more zombies. Over the season, and I think hugely thanks to HoD, SF really pulled together and the commanders got a LOT of good organized fighting experience as well as GvG. On the flip side of that, now that the season’s over, those burnt out are probably on a well deserved vacation in the mythical land of PVE. Given the low numbers I even had time to comfortably roam, and make a crappy vid about it!

Video is private :/

12/06/13 SF/KN/AR

in Match-ups

borrok.9267

Youtube was just being funny =D

Teef master race

12/06/13 SF/KN/AR

in Match-ups

clint.5681

You should call it the adventures of two necros or some snazzy titles.

And yeah im holding it down since this is my last week of forum warrioring. You guys will miss me lots, I know you will, you dont have to tell me <3

12/06/13 SF/KN/AR

in Match-ups

borrok.9267

If I had another necro to roam with reliably I would make a series lol

Teef master race

12/06/13 SF/KN/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: bigsal.7061

bigsal.7061

@Reinvent….its just about primetime on SF. Check the score

StaR-SF
Crazyhorse

12/06/13 SF/KN/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Narcin Roc.3018

Narcin Roc.3018

You want to be enlightened? Learn to properly siege up and defend. Defense is the one strat above ALL OTHERS that has brought us up from 24th. More than the few transfers we’ve had, and almost arguably even better for us than our recent TS usage. As simple as that. Defending what we own and wiping the enemy zerg to demoralize them. You’ve been enlightened.

12/06/13 SF/KN/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Junkhaus.4301

Junkhaus.4301

You want to be enlightened? Learn to properly siege up and defend. Defense is the one strat above ALL OTHERS that has brought us up from 24th. More than the few transfers we’ve had, and almost arguably even better for us than our recent TS usage. As simple as that. Defending what we own and wiping the enemy zerg to demoralize them. You’ve been enlightened.

Siege….and defend….

Lacedæmon, Ädrasteia -Warriors
[OBEY]
Kaineng

12/06/13 SF/KN/AR

in Match-ups

Killuminati.6945

Ok so in all honestly…the few AR that are still on this thread being all preachy…PLEASE…kitten…this is from your fellow Anvil Rockstar. Stating we didnt get many xfers once or twice is one thing…lets leave it at that. So as nicely as I can put it…please for the rest of this thread kitten about who has the better “strat skilzzzz”.

TY for the gif…gave me a giggle. I can see you are absorbing everything well =]

Anvil Rock Commander
[WAR]Warlords

12/06/13 SF/KN/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: SniffyCube.6107

SniffyCube.6107

lol

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

(edited by SniffyCube.6107)

12/06/13 SF/KN/AR

in Match-ups

Syryn.7591

Wait… there’s siege in wvw? ALL THIS TIME. ALL. THIS. TIME.

Entryn ele
[FLOT]

12/06/13 SF/KN/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Opc.4718

Opc.4718

I’ve been hanging out around the obsidian sanctum arena every night to see if I can catch any duellists, but there’s rarely anyone over there. We need to get more roamers in there for impromptu duels!

Kehlirixx Q | Nixx Q | Classic Bunker

(edited by Opc.4718)

12/06/13 SF/KN/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: CAPT wheat roll.5743

CAPT wheat roll.5743

To whoever built the Smiley face of rams in SF hills GG and lmfaoo =)

Bhanktivedanta/Monowrath[TV] – ex-IoJ – AR
-Third Vanguard Driver
-“We have Cannons we dont need Cloths”

12/06/13 SF/KN/AR

in Match-ups

bob.8632

What I’m seeing right now from SF is not the same we fought weeks earlier during the season. The previous SF had the 2nd most participation levels I’ve seen in WvW this season, right now it’s quite tame by comparison. I’m not one to kick a server while they’re down. SF deserves a relaxing break from WvW stress and just play for fun, they’ve accomplished a lot during the season. IMO you were the server in bronze that was closest to competing with HoD during your season prime.

Well said sir, and in regards to the recruitment posts in matchup threads most people will tell you on SF that they were (either):

1. A complete and utter joke, as in someone trying to be funny, like “hey come join our server for Blackgate T1 Tactics”, which is an inside joke.
2. A misplaced rant by some children, which every server has, that haven’t yet figured out that skill/tactics<numbers/coverage.

Please do not judge SF by the “come here we will teach you wvw”, because to be honest as someone who has played here for a very long time now, people on SF have a lot to learn about WvW. (Beyond maximizing PPT).

12/06/13 SF/KN/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: highlandria.7941

highlandria.7941

We here in anvil rock do not have the right to talk about our solid defenses in the borderland if we let a 20 man kaineng force take everything but hills without anyone in ar event checking it out. Thank god I was eating breakfast and checked my phone or hills would’ve been lost too. This is why people in ar need to stop acting like we are an amazing force. We are doing good, don’t get me wrong, but we have some moments where we are and or will become very vulnerable in tier 7 and tier 6. Also do realize that sf is not trying hard this week likely due to a rough season. I expect the next match up to be a lot closer between us.

12/06/13 SF/KN/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Expiatus.4210

Expiatus.4210

Just want to say “Great Honors” to the red hammer warrior I fought in the dredge area in EB last night around midnight eastern time. You gave me one heck of a fight and it was fantastic, on the edge. Loved it. I didn’t get your guild or server ’cause the fight was that intense. Look forward to meeting you again.

/bow
Zonian – Asura Ranger

Anvil Rock – Out manned, out gunned and no repair costs, so Leeroy up and dive in.
See you in Tyria.

12/06/13 SF/KN/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Madora.9340

Madora.9340

Siege….and defend….

I think you have found a more effective demoralizer; leaving us with 15-30 PPT in the morning but whatever, keep disregarding coverage just like A-Net. It’s been repeated to infinitum anyway, so I guess it doesn’t matter.

Either way, this is often what I see when someone mentions ‘defense’ and occasionally ‘offense’.

Attachments:

12/06/13 SF/KN/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dovgan.8605

Dovgan.8605

We here in anvil rock do not have the right to talk about our solid defenses in the borderland if we let a 20 man kaineng force take everything but hills without anyone in ar event checking it out. Thank god I was eating breakfast and checked my phone or hills would’ve been lost too. This is why people in ar need to stop acting like we are an amazing force. We are doing good, don’t get me wrong, but we have some moments where we are and or will become very vulnerable in tier 7 and tier 6. Also do realize that sf is not trying hard this week likely due to a rough season. I expect the next match up to be a lot closer between us.

Aw man, I was asleep after a 4am upgrading run on our BL. They wiped out my Bay upgrades, had just gotten that fortified before I passed out.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger
http://www.anvilrockserver.com
[LPC] [KAOS] – Killing As Organized Sport

12/06/13 SF/KN/AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Teej.9241

Teej.9241

And the new build saves Kaineng and holds off the SF zerg at the Hills keep in their BL. Cheers!!!

Le