12/13/13 DB/BP/EB

12/13/13 DB/BP/EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Preacher.4836

Preacher.4836

Guys… This is WvW. It’s not designed to be perfectly balanced, and that is most notable in the small group fights. WvW is not about making sure that your opponent and you have the same advantages and disadvantages, and smart players will always try to give themselves the advantage. Advantages can be number of players, skill of players, maneuvering/fight location and a bunch of other things.

So yeah you died because you were outnumbered, out of position or out skilled. If you don’t want to die change your behavior and adapt. Only a fool will expect his enemy to give him a fair fight, so make sure the odds are in your favor before you commit.

Now, if you want the short and sweet version. Stop complaining that it wasn’t fair.

Preacher

Preacher Roy-Guardian, Preacherroy-Engineer, Necro Preacher-Necromancer, Preacher Clone-Mesmer

12/13/13 DB/BP/EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

WvW is about numbers, exploiting the small map sizes and aoe cap, and coverage. At least thats what a majority of the player base experiences when playing this game. Lets be real here, lol

12/13/13 DB/BP/EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

Cheers to the [Rekz] folks hanging out in the Obsidian arena last night. Fought with the female ele. My survivability was alright, but I didn’t have anywhere near the damage required to seal the deal, lol. I was totally outclassed. Y’all look a tad funny in shades of red, but it’s good to see you regardless.

Done got dumpstered, rofl!

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

(edited by KStudios.2850)

12/13/13 DB/BP/EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: ekleenex.1654

ekleenex.1654

AD/Bsty/EV #1 in this match up.

sociablegnomes / ekleenex / swághili [Rekz]
“dodging saves lives.”

12/13/13 DB/BP/EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Very nice fight against BP in the ruins. Well, the second half anyway. First half is nothing special.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

12/13/13 DB/BP/EB

in Match-ups

Oozo.7856

Guys… This is WvW. It’s not designed to be perfectly balanced, and that is most notable in the small group fights. WvW is not about making sure that your opponent and you have the same advantages and disadvantages, and smart players will always try to give themselves the advantage. Advantages can be number of players, skill of players, maneuvering/fight location and a bunch of other things.

So yeah you died because you were outnumbered, out of position or out skilled. If you don’t want to die change your behavior and adapt. Only a fool will expect his enemy to give him a fair fight, so make sure the odds are in your favor before you commit.

Now, if you want the short and sweet version. Stop complaining that it wasn’t fair.

Preacher

When exactly did AZRG change from a guild that used to fight the odds (great movies, btw)

to a guild that will only commit when the odds are in their favor?

(edited by Oozo.7856)

12/13/13 DB/BP/EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

Preacher

When exactly did AZRG change from a guild that used to fight the odds (great movies, btw)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdPs52iTeA

Uh. So what was a random video of you dying to 3 or 4 different guilds that probably had no knowledge of some 1v1 that was all in your head prove exactly? I’m just watching this from the side with popcorn, but whatever that video was supposed to be it just made it seem like you are whining. The people that came in and stomped you weren’t even the same tag.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

12/13/13 DB/BP/EB

in Match-ups

Oozo.7856

Preacher

Uh. So what was a random video of you dying to 3 or 4 different guilds that probably had no knowledge of some 1v1 that was all in your head prove exactly? I’m just watching this from the side with popcorn, but whatever that video was supposed to be it just made it seem like you are whining. The people that came in and stomped you weren’t even the same tag.

The point is that the AZRG players were running with twenty+ people chasing six dutifully following the ‘only engage when the odds are in your favor’ philosophy.

A philosophy which I’m sure you personally hold dear to heart.

12/13/13 DB/BP/EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: AphoticEssance.7592

AphoticEssance.7592

Preacher

The point is that the AZRG players were running with twenty+ people chasing six dutifully following the ‘only engage when the odds are in your favor’ philosophy.

Cry much? If you and your group decides to troll zerg and runaway of course the zerg is going to chase. Which in your case I can see happening often.

Are you the same guy that joined my team the other day and was complaining that we were using our elite skills? If that was you, try not biting off more than you can chew next time.

I roam in small groups and 1 v X all the time but I do not come on here crying if I get zerged. Are you seriously telling my that you never been in a group that outnumbered a foe? Give me a break.

(edited by AphoticEssance.7592)

12/13/13 DB/BP/EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: ekleenex.1654

ekleenex.1654

Don’t listen to the haters Oozo, stay strong brother! #OozoRevolution2013

sociablegnomes / ekleenex / swághili [Rekz]
“dodging saves lives.”

12/13/13 DB/BP/EB

in Match-ups

Oozo.7856

Preacher

Cry much? If you and your group decides to troll zerg and runaway of course the zerg is going to chase. Which in your case I can see happening often.

Are you the same guy that joined my team the other day and was complaining that we were using our elite skills? If that was you, try not biting off more than you can chew next time.

I roam in small groups and 1 v X all the time but I do not come on here crying if I get zerged. Are you seriously telling my that you never been in a group that outnumbered a foe? Give me a break.

The reason why we tag zergs and run is to try to get some of them to extend out and turn on them. Sometimes it’s too much to handle, sometimes it’s not. We would not need to do this is if people would stop running in zonewide zergs. By that, I mean nearly every single enemy in the zone is running together. When that happens, we either find nothing to fight, find people who are lost trying to get to the zerg, or find the zerg itself.

With the exception of people who are lost trying to get to their zerg, we are outnumbered in about 90% of our fights.

What is your tag, BTW?

edit: NM, you run with VP
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/matchups/8-9-BP-YB-EB/2640064

(edited by Oozo.7856)

12/13/13 DB/BP/EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: AphoticEssance.7592

AphoticEssance.7592

Preacher

The reason why we tag zergs and run is to try to get some of them to extend out and turn on them. Sometimes it’s too much to handle, sometimes it’s not. We would not need to do this is if people would stop running in zonewide zergs. By that, I mean nearly every single enemy in the zone is running together. When that happens, we either find nothing to fight, find people who are lost trying to get to the zerg, or find the zerg itself.

With the exception of people who are lost trying to get to their zerg, we are outnumbered in about 90% of our fights.

What is your tag, BTW?

Never seen anybody research a person’s posts before and admit it. lol Nice

Yeah, I am in VP. They are a very fun group to run with.

Also, I agree it is hard to find small group fights nowadays.

(edited by AphoticEssance.7592)

12/13/13 DB/BP/EB

in Match-ups

Oozo.7856

Preacher

What is your tag, BTW?

Never seen anybody research people’s post before and admit it. lol Nice

Yeah, I am in VP. They are a very fun group to run with.

Also, I agree it is hard to find small group fights nowadays.

Fair warning: I’m on vacation and have a lot of free time while rendering movies.

12/13/13 DB/BP/EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sambob.4528

Sambob.4528

Too Ooze, cause i am forum noob and do not know how to correctly quote someone. “Too many people care about winning and not about having fun”, Yeah well if you say that there… You later post “Explain to me why we would want to fight you giving away both numbers and buffs?”… The second quote sounds to me like your saying; theres no point in fighting if we aren’t going to win. So GG, on that contradiction. And too as one of your pals, Dynnen. He has stated, some people prefer playing specific builds/ game styles.. Like i have said before people like 40 man zergs, deal with it. And cause im uber QQ’ing here; yes im in VP. But it was cute when you joined a friend of mines party and said ‘lol u guys have to use elites on us’… or something on the lines of that. What would you rather us do? Keep elites saved up for moas? Or if we siply just use 1,2,3,4,5 and the occasional 6; would we just be mindless zergers?
Whoa this is a pretty big post better end this:)

12/13/13 DB/BP/EB

in Match-ups

Oozo.7856

Too Ooze, cause i am forum noob and do not know how to correctly quote someone. “Too many people care about winning and not about having fun”, Yeah well if you say that there… You later post “Explain to me why we would want to fight you giving away both numbers and buffs?”… The second quote sounds to me like your saying; theres no point in fighting if we aren’t going to win. So GG, on that contradiction. And too as one of your pals, Dynnen. He has stated, some people prefer playing specific builds/ game styles.. Like i have said before people like 40 man zergs, deal with it. And cause im uber QQ’ing here; yes im in VP. But it was cute when you joined a friend of mines party and said ‘lol u guys have to use elites on us’… or something on the lines of that. What would you rather us do? Keep elites saved up for moas? Or if we siply just use 1,2,3,4,5 and the occasional 6; would we just be mindless zergers?

No contradiction. To be more precise I should have said care more about winning than having fun. Of course, I care about winning but not to the extent that I would intentionally try to remove the challenge from the fight. Fun to me is a challenging fight that you could win or lose. Fights that you are almost guaranteed to lose or are almost guaranteed to win aren’t fun (to me).

(edited by Oozo.7856)

12/13/13 DB/BP/EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sambob.4528

Sambob.4528

Ah sorry, must of read that wrong. I do apologize

12/13/13 DB/BP/EB

in Match-ups

Oozo.7856

Ah sorry, must of read that wrong. I do apologize

Nah, I was imprecise with my language.

12/13/13 DB/BP/EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Havvik Nightseeker.3485

Havvik Nightseeker.3485

i love puffins

15 characters

[Wake] main driver/GL

12/13/13 DB/BP/EB

in Match-ups

Oozo.7856

Zero class, vT.

How so ?

Thought we had some good fights there.

Which was the most fun for you?

A. The 4v4 you lost
B. The 6v4 you won when you came back with more people
C. The 8v6 you won with 2 BP adding to your six. Can’t blame you for that.
D. Ganking people while they were separated from the main group with 10 BP
E. Coming in with 7 and attacking 5 while we were still separated and trying to build stacks. Bonus points for the mass invis and leading with moa out of stealth to burst me down. Really good play there.

I’m a bit confused because you seem to have selective counting / perspective.

You say no class? Jumping people watching a 1v1 or reving an ally is an example of this class you speak of? Perhaps it’s coming to the forums stating a guild has no class because of open play and fights? Regardless of any of that I’d say go back and watch the video(s) ( if you recorded / didn’t delete it) and actually count rather than call out random numbers.

As for your List-

A. What 4v4? I was there at all the encounters and neither said at any point had 4 maybe 4 in your party but there was more than 4 and you even had enough time to run back.

B. 6v4 not SURE you guys had 4 nor that we had 6 we just having fun and fighting.

C. the 8v6 you seems to only count BP’s pugs and not your own.

D. Ganking people while they were separated from the main group… It’s open field fight not a gvg or 5v5 – I would think you guys would stick together better maybe?

E. Pretty much same thing as D. but with the twist of Moa which we found pretty funny.

-In short no ones posting on forums saying “YEAH STEAM ROLLED BSTY” or throwing siege on you and recording it /loling… We’re simply having fun roaming – So not sure why you’re getting all high and mighty with a few simple fights.

Here you go. It’s amazing how reality rarely matches up with perception. And, I don’t mean that in an insulting way. When I go back and look at fraps footage what really happened often doesn’t match up with what I think happened.

(edited by Oozo.7856)

12/13/13 DB/BP/EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

No contradiction. To be more precise I should have said care more about winning than having fun. Of course, I care about winning but not to the extent that I would intentionally try to remove the challenge from the fight. Fun to me is a challenging fight that you could win or lose. Fights that you are almost guaranteed to lose or are almost guaranteed to win aren’t fun (to me).

Nobody likes imbalanced fights except the winning, i.e. usually the definitely larger, of the three sides present in any given match-up, lol. Unbalanced fights are for better or worse however a pretty major mechanic within WvW. This is not sPvP. There are no equally manned teams or measures of balance and counterbalance in place here. Large scale battles of indeterminate numbers is the cornerstone of everything WvW is built upon.

This of course can be a nuisance to those of us, who like myself, enjoy 1v1’s and 1v2’s. Some might argue that the very act of “dueling” within WvW is a bit redundant. Seeing as eight times out of ten, such things in the open field only occur for brief periods before more from any given team arrive on the scene and interrupt the fray. As stated by someone earlier in this thread, not getting outright jumped on sight is typically a courtesy.

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

12/13/13 DB/BP/EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

Preacher

Actually that was me. And it wasn’t just because u were using ur elite skills. It was because 15-17 of you came zerging into a 3v4 fight we were having and as we were backing off there were people leading off with elite skills (supply crates, root spam) to start a fight where you outnumbered the enemy 5 to 1 with just guildies and nearly 6 to 1 with the people we were fighting. It seemed to me at the time that you were more about getting kills than having good fights. Admittedly I didn’t know you guys thought we were trying to take the tower before I started my rant. My bad dawg