12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jaxs.5830

Jaxs.5830

Yes because we went into gold league with an intention of worrying about PPT.

PPT is all the glicko ratings take into consideration.

I guess that makes ratings equally unimportant as well?

PPT is a rigged game that has nothing to do with skill. As such PPT, and the ratings it informs, are a meaningless measure for a competitive activity.

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

PPT is a rigged game that has nothing to do with skill. As such PPT, and the ratings it informs, are a meaningless measure for a competitive activity.

I was half-joking. It sounds very honorable to say “we don’t care about PPT,” but in reality, all that means is that the matchmaker assumes you have a slightly lower population than you actually do. None of it has anything to do with skill.

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Jaxs.5830

I was half-joking. It sounds very honorable to say “we don’t care about PPT,” but in reality, all that means is that the matchmaker assumes you have a slightly lower population than you actually do. None of it has anything to do with skill.

In reality most points are scored when we are sleeping and at work/school/etc, so I would guess it doesn’t matter either way.

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

In reality most points are scored when we are sleeping and at work/school/etc, so I would guess it doesn’t matter either way.

True, it doesn’t matter. I was just pointing out that it’s odd to hold “not caring about points” as a badge of honor. But then, I find a lot of things odd.

Sorry to interrupt the regular flow of the matchup thread. I have a hard time understanding the formal exchange of petty insults, so sometimes when I try to jump in I end up touching a nerve.

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Keeralah.3140

Keeralah.3140

mags are big whole wussies that wont fight unless they have more numbers then their opponent and after they act smart about it. i thought you guys were good fighters, i was wrong.

I’ll be remembering this one the next time I see a group of KWBH corpses on the ground.

and let’s be honest…It won’t take very long.

The Sneaky One – Thief
Keeralah – Elementalist
[WCS] Maguuma

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Winkin.1490

Winkin.1490

mags are big whole wussies that wont fight unless they have more numbers then their opponent and after they act smart about it. i thought you guys were good fighters, i was wrong.

Have you forgotten all the times AoN has farmed KWBH at your north-north and close-spawn supply camps in the past two weeks?

[AoN] All or Nothing

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

I’ll be remembering this one the next time I see a group of KWBH corpses on the ground.

WCS is a big upgrade over TyE. I like you guys.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Winkin.1490

Winkin.1490

WCS is a big upgrade over TyE. I like you guys.

We were saying the same thing in mumble last night. WCS has some gigantic danglers. Dey cray cray.

[AoN] All or Nothing

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hydrobutter.9172

Hydrobutter.9172

awww ty guys blush

Radio
Co-Guildleader: Wobbly Cat Squad [WCS]

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: WamSolf.5021

WamSolf.5021

Nothing beats Against All Odds We [DIE] strategeries.

Oozo, I think you messed up. It should be Opposing All Odds We [DIE]. Yea when we did go roaming it was at most 8, but usually it was 5 or 3, and your group tends to roll deeper than that. We enjoy the challenging fights your group puts up so we threw ourselves at you anyways.

I also think running dire necro is easy mode but that’s just my opinion.

Nine 80’s and counting
[pls]NSP-Formerly [RISE]from GoM/SBI

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Art.9820

Art.9820

Just make sure you outnumber him

All classes

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

True, it doesn’t matter. I was just pointing out that it’s odd to hold “not caring about points” as a badge of honor. But then, I find a lot of things odd.

Sorry to interrupt the regular flow of the matchup thread. I have a hard time understanding the formal exchange of petty insults, so sometimes when I try to jump in I end up touching a nerve.

Yes. PvDoor is most certainly more skillful than fighting players and GW2’s matchup outcomes have nothing to do with coverage. Hope that Season 1 reward was worth it.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Hydrobutter.9172

actually nevermind, this seems like a hilarious idea

Radio

(edited by Hydrobutter.9172)

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Art.9820

Art.9820

I like having SM easier to find duels

actually nevermind, this seems like a hilarious idea

you know somethings wrong when you are teaching mag how to troll properly

All classes

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Hydrobutter.9172

i couldn’t legit remember if they had more people than us or not to even outnumber them

Radio

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Hydrobutter.9172

(we probably don’t have enough to outnumber them)

Radio

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Jaxs.5830

I find you odd, so I guess it is all even. Enjoy your PPT.

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cameron.6450

Cameron.6450

Nothing beats Against All Odds We [DIE] strategeries.

Oozo, I think you messed up. It should be Opposing All Odds We [DIE]. Yea when we did go roaming it was at most 8, but usually it was 5 or 3, and your group tends to roll deeper than that. We enjoy the challenging fights your group puts up so we threw ourselves at you anyways.

I also think running dire necro is easy mode but that’s just my opinion.

I thought it was Opposing All Odds We [XFER]?

Tomeslave and others – [RISE], [xDDD]

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Terravos.4059

Terravos.4059

Coming from DAOC, I find the 15 vs 15 and 20 vs 20 GvG fights to be horrible, and generally unwatchable messes

10v10 and 5v5 are really the only GvG fights that i’ve seen that promote some sort of individual skill

Agreed. It is more than size though. DAoC was roaming play and your builds and setup were generally built to handled whatever the game might throw at you, be it a zerg or another 8man, as well as dealing with the surprise and differing terrains of a random encounter. GvG is more of a duel.

Yea, I realize that most of these guilds are running these setups because 15-20-25 mans are kind of needed to fight the zergs in this game, but at that point, they’re just zergs themselves and its like watchin a zerg vs zerg fight.

Its really Anet fault with the AoE cap

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Xsorus – Ranger PvP movies Creator of the BM Bunker

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dieallknow.1387

Dieallknow.1387

omg its Wednesday and the threads not lock wth 2 weeks in a row o.o

[IIII] Playing from Prison
“Lets take the green keep I need the Vista”
“Quit Laughing I need the Vista”

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

ParaldaWind.4523

Mods stopped locking Mag threads back when they figured out that we liked it.

Anyone else remember the first TC thread?

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

This is the real reason.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Upcoming-Forum-Changes-to-WvW-Match-ups-Sub-forum/first#post3393146

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Jaxs.5830

This is the real reason.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Upcoming-Forum-Changes-to-WvW-Match-ups-Sub-forum/first#post3393146

Do not talk about this. We are to read it, no discussion allowed.

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vi Au.8341

Vi Au.8341

Rip Mag PvFers you will not be forgotten.

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

Greeeat fights today at sbi bl SE camp today during early EU YB.

It’d be great if you stopped building superior ac’s over and over mid fight when you got the numbers though

Commander Nachonix

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Entioch.6594

Entioch.6594

This is the real reason.

Sweet mother of god, prees no.

Hidden Sin[ONI]
ERP guild looking for members.

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Hydrobutter.9172

This is the real reason.

this confuses and frightens me

Radio

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

it means official forums are dead for anything but pve discussion. time to decide on a new centralized forum to talk kitten on.

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pichichi.1975

Pichichi.1975

Neat fight at SBIBL north camp. I guess 2:1 wasn’t enough for SBI so they had to call in the whole queue to deal with Ark

Tukuku – Mesmer / Mimiyukii -Thief / Sailor Mimi – Necromancer
[DERP] [iRez]

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

This is the real reason.

It’s up to us to make this place beautiful.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

Merry Christmas from all your friends on Maguuma! <333

If you’re in the US or Germany, it’s probably blocked for you. Here’s a Dailymotion instead:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x18koyj_magxmas2013_videogames

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

(edited by robocafaz.9017)

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Tricare.2946

Well, I enjoy my trash talking on here. So if you do as well, comment on this thread, maybe something will hap….. lol

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/WvW-subthread-forum-being-wiped/first#post3394497

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

ParaldaWind.4523

Does anyone want to GvG tonight????

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: JaNordy.6149

JaNordy.6149

If you’re in the US or Germany, it’s probably blocked for you. I’ll probably get in trouble if I tell you how to get around it. LOOK FOR SOME PROXIES WHILE I PUT THIS ELSEWHERE!

Gud Buless Amurica

Attachments:

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: HippoLogic.2519

HippoLogic.2519

Good fights north of bay in SBI BL hope everyone was having fun there I know I was.

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

If you’re in the US or Germany, it’s probably blocked for you. I’ll probably get in trouble if I tell you how to get around it. LOOK FOR SOME PROXIES WHILE I PUT THIS ELSEWHERE!

Gud Buless Amurica

are we allowed to debate copywrite law in this forum or is that an infraction?

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pichichi.1975

Pichichi.1975

SE and One holding hands after getting wiped individually. I feel like I’m fighting FA or TC again it’s so adorable

Tukuku – Mesmer / Mimiyukii -Thief / Sailor Mimi – Necromancer
[DERP] [iRez]

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: IBountyHunterI.4601

IBountyHunterI.4601

Don’t worry, TG and PYRO kicked them off of EBG mighty fast lol. Spawn camps ftw.

Help

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Prosecutor.1457

Prosecutor.1457

Don’t worry, TG and PYRO kicked them off of EBG mighty fast lol. Spawn camps ftw.

Stop nuthugging on PYRO, you guys got owned when you guys were in DB.

Prosecute, lvl 80 Guardian
Leader of Side Effect, [SE]
Tarnished Coast

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Jaxs.5830

SE and One holding hands after getting wiped individually. I feel like I’m fighting FA or TC again it’s so adorable

Yea serious hand holding

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Tricare.2946

Hey [Bags] lets do this thang right now, whereyou at?

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Comprissent.3856

Comprissent.3856

Fights are 1000x better in NA time when towers/keeps are all paperized by the EU timeslot

GM – [Ark]ham

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

HippoLogic.2519

If you think mags guilds don’t do this as well then you need to look at the guild group standing right next to you. As already stated [Pyro] and [TG] were running together in EBG and in SBI bl [Ark] and [aZn] were running together. I’m not talking crap and the fights on SBI BL were fun and the fight in EB was fun. I think that what came down to tonight was we probably were both tired of seeing the outnumbered buff on every map and and getting map zerged so we linked up and tried to have some fun. Good fights tonight either way we are still trying to step our game up and we gave you what you want right open field fights see you all out tomorrow.

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

IBountyHunterI.4601

“Stop nuthugging on PYRO, you guys got owned when you guys were in DB.”

Orly, is that why we wiped you guys last week when we were alone, stop making kitten excuses like you were not nut hugging One. I like One they are cool, never really talk much kitten etc.

I could say to you stop nut hugging One, you guys get owned when not running incredibly deep with pugs.

GvG pls?

Also its not like EBG wasn’t even numbers, 2 guilds vs 2 guilds I don’t see the issue.

Help

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Comprissent.3856

Comprissent.3856

[Ark] and [aZn] were running together

We passed eachother once or twice moving up a switchback, if that counts for you then ok. And i’m fairly certain pyro and TG don’t try to hold eachother’s hands too, pretty much every mag guild hates blobbing fights with another guild, we’ve all got too much pride for that

GM – [Ark]ham

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Prosecutor.1457

Prosecutor.1457

“Stop nuthugging on PYRO, you guys got owned when you guys were in DB.”

Orly, is that why we wiped you guys last week when we were alone, stop making kitten excuses like you were not nut hugging One. I like One they are cool, never really talk much kitten etc.

I could say to you stop nut hugging One, you guys get owned when not running incredibly deep with pugs.

GvG pls?

Also its not like EBG wasn’t even numbers, 2 guilds vs 2 guilds I don’t see the issue.

Sorry to say this to you, but GvG is not the name of the game.

Considering you guys had well over 60+ during those fight and got semi wiped once and backed off to regroup vs 50 [SE]/[One] max, then congrats.

PYRO on the other hand are an awesome group of players, they kindly asked us for a practice GvG which we accepted.

Prosecute, lvl 80 Guardian
Leader of Side Effect, [SE]
Tarnished Coast

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Keeralah.3140

Keeralah.3140

I lol’d at the thought of Ark and aZn working together.

The Sneaky One – Thief
Keeralah – Elementalist
[WCS] Maguuma

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

HippoLogic.2519

[Ark] and [aZn] were running together

We passed eachother once or twice moving up a switchback, if that counts for you then ok. And i’m fairly certain pyro and TG don’t try to hold eachother’s hands too, pretty much every mag guild hates blobbing fights with another guild, we’ve all got too much pride for that

Well the fights I am talking about were north of bay where all 3 servers were there clashing into each other and last night in Yaks BL but that was more like you guys and pugs and these are just my observations and a few examples cause trust me mags knows how to blob it up just as hard as any other server. You are all very good in the open there is no doubting that I think you all should just be happy we stepped out the towers since that is apparently where we hide all the time and we brought some fights to you guys. We push ourselves to be better everyday and hopefully it will show in our future matches cause we all know it looks like we will be stuck together for some time.

12/13/13 SBI/Mag/YB

in Match-ups

IBountyHunterI.4601

@Prosecutor Well, if you have no issue GvGing PYRO, certainly you would have no issue killing TG amirite? I mean, you semi wiped us once, that was almost ONE FULL WIPE! Certainly makes up for all the times you pushed and instantly imploded. Also our times on DB were quite enjoyable, not all raids were perfect but I certainly don’t remember you guys.

Nut up or shut up if we are so “bad” there wouldn’t be an issue right?

Also lol at 60+ TG had like 25-30 at that point maximum. And that’s only because we recently received an influx of players.

Edit: Shout out to [TE] This week for stepping up to GvG you guys are a good group of players. Also shout out to [One] likewise you guys bring the fights all day and never really kitten.

Help

(edited by IBountyHunterI.4601)