12/7 Gunnars Hold - Drakkar Lake - Arbostone

in Match-ups

Posted by: Elviiira.2987

Elviiira.2987

GL everyone and nice fights in reset night

Ranger 80 / Thief 80 / Guardian 80 / Engineer 80
[FURY] Furious Cookies – Gunnar’s Hold (ex- Aurora Glade)

in Match-ups

Posted by: fab.3298

fab.3298

Really fun opening night. Shame about AS numbers though, hopefully they pick up during the week.

Fab The Guardian
[Re] Rerolled

in Match-ups

Posted by: sitdragon.2061

sitdragon.2061

Nice Fight Night on Gunner Home towards [Rage].
thx from Drakkar
thats was a funny reset

www.dsv-gilde.de
Sry for my Bad English
a Drakkar Lake Guild – DSV

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lokaalin.6271

Lokaalin.6271

Some numbers from Drakkar!

in Match-ups

Posted by: vomelette.4316

vomelette.4316

Some good fights so far! If anyone is interested in some duels please whisper me in game

Ralf Ansgar
The Frenzied Few [RAGE]
GH

in Match-ups

fab.3298

Or GvG! 15v15, maybe 20v20.

Fab The Guardian
[Re] Rerolled

in Match-ups

Posted by: Salem.4690

Salem.4690

Ridiculous numbers from drakkar lake in eb tonight , does any german work at all lol ? !! anyhow good fights non the less , gl and hf all ……

in Match-ups

Posted by: CyFreeze.1275

CyFreeze.1275

Who is working on on a saturday?

Gunnar’s Hold

in Match-ups

Posted by: Salem.4690

Salem.4690

Pffftt part timer’s ^^

in Match-ups

Posted by: MasterOfRebel.3960

MasterOfRebel.3960

Nice Reset on EB Made a lot of fun as Commander of DL

GL and HF this week

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lokaalin.6271

Lokaalin.6271

Yea, hahaha, that’s funny because you have everything, right?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Catinka.5476

Catinka.5476

Nice Reset on EB Made a lot of fun as Commander of DL

GL and HF this week

You do realize that is nothing to brag about I hope, so far I’m not impressed by anything I have seen from DL only numbers.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pyranna.2054

Pyranna.2054

Some fun fights tonight, hope to see more AS n less DL when the weekend blobfest dies down a bit

Kharz Halfheart – Necro
The Soul Slayers [SLAY]
FarShiver Peaks

in Match-ups

Posted by: Genotix.6804

Genotix.6804

Anet should put all the german servers play each other so this joke would be over

in Match-ups

Posted by: Runty Choir.4893

Runty Choir.4893

I cant wait for Primetime! Who cars about the score we all know what happens to German servers come Monday.

Alpha
Victrixx [xVx]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Helyany.1937

Helyany.1937

We have less people “blob” on weekdays so chill out ^^ Im looking forward to fight you guys this week and hope that we will all have some fun.

oh and btw: we tried small scale groups on gunnars bl last night ( 3 guildgroups and one small public zerg) but you blobbed so much that we had to put our forces together.
So stop complaining about our numbers you have them too

in Match-ups

Genotix.6804

DL commander at GH right now is a genious:)
I have never seen such a fail 50 man group. Keep coming guys and keep running

in Match-ups

fab.3298

We have less people “blob” on weekdays so chill out ^^ Im looking forward to fight you guys this week and hope that we will all have some fun.

oh and btw: we tried small scale groups on gunnars bl last night ( 3 guildgroups and one small public zerg) but you blobbed so much that we had to put our forces together.
So stop complaining about our numbers you have them too

Blobbing or not it was a really fun night. Our numbers are confined to prime-time which is unfortunate, but we’ll give you a good fight when we can.

Fab The Guardian
[Re] Rerolled

in Match-ups

Posted by: Eclipsiste.3251

Eclipsiste.3251

It’s great to meet you again GH! You fight hard and use all the tactics… I love you guys

On the other hand, I’d really like a fair fight opportunity against DL! Come on guys, you never engage us unless you greatly outnumber us does Arborstone scare you that much?

I hope everyone will enjoy this week despite Arbor’s manpower dwindling

[VdF] – Jade Sea

in Match-ups

Posted by: MartyPartys.9187

MartyPartys.9187

Thanks [DSB] for the 5v5s tonight, good fun.

in Match-ups

Posted by: PotatoCable.1425

PotatoCable.1425

Lol, someone from DL trying to justify 24/7 blobbing, because we happend to blob once… I am anxious to see how good you are without numbers.. The few times I’ve encountered DL players in small groups, it has not been impressive.

As for Arborstone, happy to see you again! Hopefully you will get some more people as the week progresses and we can get some good fights in!

Good luck to all

Potato Stick [Lion]
Muphasa’s Avenger
Gunnars Hold

in Match-ups

Posted by: DanyK.3842

DanyK.3842

Cool 5v5’s and nice blobhunting after. Shame none of the Tri or CL guys were interested in actual fighting because we were dying for a few smaller GvG fights

Thanks to DSB

Sir Dany | Twitch
110k WvW kills | Champion Legionnaire, Paragon |

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

Lol, someone from DL trying to justify 24/7 blobbing

>DL
>24/7 blobbing

Don’t make me laugh.

in Match-ups

PotatoCable.1425

>DL
>24/7 blobbing

Don’t make me laugh.

Make you laugh? Why would you laugh at the truth? It’s all you are, a blob! Without your high numbers, the players I’ve met have been aweful. I apologise if this in some way offends you, but you can hardly deny that you’ve been blobbing. I’m quite sure both the servers playing against you, will agree with me.

Potato Stick [Lion]
Muphasa’s Avenger
Gunnars Hold

in Match-ups

Posted by: Silinsar.6298

Silinsar.6298

If by blobbing you mean fighting with superior numbers… well, every server does that when it has the chance to do it. Servers which have more coverage at a time will have more people in wvw, surprise.

As you may know, a high score attracts many publics which usually lack the experience of a veteran (and level… and gear… and a proper build). Drakkar has a bunch of those, I won’t deny that. (I am pretty sure, though, that not everyone your server brings to the table has hundreds of hours played in wvw or is a virtuosic player)

However, would you as a commander split up such a suboptimal force to give hostile organised groups free loot? I guess not. So basically you rant about a complete logical desicion of an enemy commander which just has more players at his disposal (which is nobody’s but the matchmaking’s fault).

As far as I can tell, DL’s guild zergs usually don’t run more than 20-30 people max and start combining with each other / with public zerg when their numbers fall below 15-20, when they face a big zerg (about 50+% players more) which overruns them if they don’t work together or when they go for a big/defended objective. I hope you too find that reasonable.

So if you want to comlain about the number imbalance, write a letter to ANet and don’t accuse a whole server of being awful just because you’ve beaten some less experienced/organised players. It’s no more than a flame and a huge generalisation which just results in more anger.

(edited by Silinsar.6298)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shadowresli.3782

Shadowresli.3782

>DL
>24/7 blobbing

Don’t make me laugh.

Make you laugh? Why would you laugh at the truth? It’s all you are, a blob! Without your high numbers, the players I’ve met have been aweful. I apologise if this in some way offends you, but you can hardly deny that you’ve been blobbing. I’m quite sure both the servers playing against you, will agree with me.

i had great respect for gunnars from our last matchup, and was eager to face them again. But posts like this, filled with heatred and misconception makes me doubt. during the night you proved yourself wrong, when you nightcapped everything. no 24/7 blobbing.

“and gunnars are all cowardly nightcappers with bunker down and build only ac’s. and run fast when they see an opposing player. No class and no style, only during the night they even dare to achieve something”

how do you feel about my generalisation of your whole server, potato? now go and read some posts from other match ups, it’s always the same old song, the underdog complains about blobbing and no class, and when the same server faces a weaker server they fiercly defend their numbers.

we had some nice fighting with rage, mm and fury during saturday, but your guild wasn’t even memorable, dear potato

proudly wiped by RG and Funny Sunny Bunny

(edited by Shadowresli.3782)

in Match-ups

Posted by: vanash.2671

vanash.2671

Don’t take it to heart, it’s not a match up thread until someone moans about blobbing. We had our own blob going on yesterday afternoon once people came online. Masses of people retook garrison etc. I ended up getting bored and went solo to DL bl for a bit. The GH blob split and came for your garrison, that was a nice fight inside.

Anyway I’ll most likely be running about solo again in DL on my necro at some point, please don’t run off to towers/keeps/guards if you see me, just after a decent little fight

in Match-ups

Shadowresli.3782

for a decent fight with drakkar roamers i would recommend Arborstone homelands, cause match-ups like this attract the pve crowd and they don’t know or care about common courtesy, sorry

in Match-ups

Posted by: Terkov.4138

Terkov.4138

This kitten again… if they have more numbers, that’s their advantage, not something they should be ashamed of. Everyone has right to “blob” (wtf is this word anyway?), build kittenzylions of ACs or camp EB JP. If you don’t like it, go sPvP or other game, because this is how WvW works.

Win is win (tho it should be more rewarding) and it doesn’t judge the way you won.

I feel bad I have to say it to fellow GH players, but I’m just bored of all the whining you learned from RoS.

in Match-ups

fab.3298

i had great respect for gunnars from our last matchup, and was eager to face them again. But posts like this, filled with heatred and misconception makes me doubt. during the night you proved yourself wrong, when you nightcapped everything. no 24/7 blobbing.

“and gunnars are all cowardly nightcappers with bunker down and build only ac’s. and run fast when they see an opposing player. No class and no style, only during the night they even dare to achieve something”

how do you feel about my generalisation of your whole server, potato? now go and read some posts from other match ups, it’s always the same old song, the underdog complains about blobbing and no class, and when the same server faces a weaker server they fiercly defend their numbers.

we had some nice fighting with rage, mm and fury during saturday, but your guild wasn’t even memorable, dear potato

Please try to ignore them, It’s not your job to stop people from playing the game. Also, we suffer from exactly the same problem, when things are going well we have a huge number of players but when it’s going bad our numbers drop a lot. Anyway, i’ve been having fun and i hope you guys have been too.

Fab The Guardian
[Re] Rerolled

in Match-ups

PotatoCable.1425

>DL
>24/7 blobbing

Don’t make me laugh.

Oh my, a post filled with hatred and misconception… I hardly see my posts as filled with hatred. I was simply pointing it out. And as for my posts making you doubt Gunnars Hold? You base your opinion on Gunnar Hold, from what one guy on a forum says?

Anyways, I’ll drop it there, as apperantly I’m the only one who thinks blobbing is a cheap tactic. My intentions was not to offend, so I apologize if that’s what I’ve done.

Potato Stick [Lion]
Muphasa’s Avenger
Gunnars Hold

in Match-ups

Genotix.6804

I will have to say that DL knows how to siege akeep though. They have the numbers yes but their siege placement is excellent. Props to DL for that

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cathach.5807

Cathach.5807

After 5 weeks of drakkar being the outnumbered server, there are a lot of PvE players filling the maps now because they want to go for map completion. And some WvW veterans are leveling/testing their alts or do PvE for ascended gear because of the lack of a challenge which is caused by the uneven numbers. It’s also a good time for new and inexperienced commanders to get some exerience, and for the veteran commanders to take a break after the last 5 weeks. So if you meet a lot of weak players on drakkar, don’t be surprised. As long as we have these uneven matchups, the leading server will alway have blobs of less experienced players with a lower average skillevel, and the underdog servers will only have their WvW core groups with a lot of experience, so they will always complain about the numbers and lack of skill of their enemys.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pyranna.2054

Pyranna.2054

Every server has semi organised groups following a map commander when guild groups arent running, naturally these groups are gonna be larger on a server with a high population.

Dont get me wrong im not condoning blobbing, i myself enjoy using all my skills not just my auto attack. Imo its not the way the game is meant to be played.

Iv had fun so far this match up running with our 15man group, had a very nice fight vs DL at sunnyhill last nite, cant remember the guild tags but thanks for the fights!

Kharz Halfheart – Necro
The Soul Slayers [SLAY]
FarShiver Peaks

in Match-ups

Posted by: sendmark.4731

sendmark.4731

The primetime fights have been very good. I feel sorry for Arborstone getting zerged to death though :p

Now that we’re getting passed the weekend should be much more even points-wise as well.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lert.6287

Lert.6287

At least there are some random <10 people roamer groups.

Attachments:

Engineer / Piken Square
Former Team Psy [Psy] member/ [BNF] guest
YT Channel

in Match-ups

Posted by: Eclipsiste.3251

Eclipsiste.3251

The primetime fights have been very good. I feel sorry for Arborstone getting zerged to death though :p
Now that we’re getting passed the weekend should be much more even points-wise as well.

Don’t feel sorry for us, Arbor brought this on itself with 2 or 3 guilds who think they are the best and keep on pushing other active WvW guilds to leave…
I still wish I could find DL players for a more even fight, or some duel, but you can’t always get what you want, right?

[VdF] – Jade Sea

in Match-ups

Posted by: Neil.6138

Neil.6138

Vid. [RAGE], reset night – Frenzied in First

Notes are in the video description.

My PVP videos
Staff Ele Organised WvW Guide
The Frenzied Few [RAGE], Gunnars Hold.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

EB asisde, kudos to both Drakkar and Arbor for having some roaming guys.

Oh and its easy to distinguish between the casual pve visitor and the veteran: the first runs for his life as soon as he spots us, the latter charge even if outnumbered.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Grizz.6872

Grizz.6872

Hey guys,

Well first of all I want to thank you for the great fights we had so far, sad to see so few Arborstones fighting on the EB.

Please do remind that DL is not all about blob, seriously this is getting a ridiculous excuse for most of the people / commander as they get wiped over and over again..

Rather get your guild together, sync your builds and wipe those 40-50 dudes. There are enough guilds proving that this is totally possible.

Other than that keep it coming guys, especially during the night!

Kodash [DE] Commander
[BAN] BANHAMMER
www.banhammer.de

in Match-ups

Posted by: Runty Choir.4893

Runty Choir.4893

Thankyou [Dsun] for possibly the most intense GvG ever! we had a blast and learnt a lot from you. Hopefully see more of you in the week.

Alpha
Victrixx [xVx]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Arathor.7419

Arathor.7419

one evening in gunnar’s hold eb.

Attachments:

A wolf among sheep

in Match-ups

Posted by: Silinsar.6298

Silinsar.6298

Very funny smallscale at Redvale with AoT last hour. Luckily we found a Guard willing to distract you while we built the conter AC on our first encounter

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

Make you laugh? Why would you laugh at the truth? It’s all you are, a blob!

I play on DL. You don’t. We nowhere near have blobs 24/7. End of story.

Without your high numbers, the players I’ve met have been aweful.

Every server says that of themselves, including us – we, the outnumbered underdog, but where every player counts for three enemies.

in Match-ups

Genotix.6804

First of all i have to say i am surprised by the class of Drakkar Lake posters here and i mean the positive way.
We had some whining at the start, mostly by our side, but let’s keep the thread clean.
Second Drakkar lake is perhaps the most persistant server i have faced, when they are about to attack a keep. You guys have your way at siege placement and i like that you are not giving up even if you wipe 1 or 2 times.
Arbrorstone seems to have lower numbers since the last we faced you guys but i personally have respect for your server because of all the effort you put to rise your server up again:)

in Match-ups

Shadowresli.3782

Again some nice fighting yesterday, i really like gunnars, they are so fierce warriors. Had an epic battle on EB at aldons in the late afternoon. and in the evening we tried something with our guild, but had to open the raid to the public. and then “hell hath no FURY”. we tried to avoid you, after 2 wipes in hills, for our public players sake, and moved to AS homelands, but you got us even there. I look forward to meet you again when we are with our guildalliance raid.
Nice video btw, but i hardly understand your commander, and my english isn’t that bad (i hope)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Monkeymonger.9235

Monkeymonger.9235

After the extremely laggy reset it looked like a rather boring week, but it actually turned out to be enjoyable (and profitable).
I like the way that drakkar handled the blobbing topic. Let’s hope we can avoid this waste of time.

… “hell hath no FURY”. we tried to avoid you, after 2 wipes in hills, for our public players sake, and moved to AS homelands, but you got us even there. I look forward to meet you again when we are with our guildalliance raid.

We had a good run yesterday. Good luck and see you then!
(The hills fights from our perspective: http://www.twitch.tv/syndz/c/2576328, http://www.twitch.tv/syndz/c/2576288)

in Match-ups

Genotix.6804

Idd after the reset it turns out to be a fun matchup during offpeak and prime time. I am glad about that.:)

in Match-ups

fab.3298

Lots of fun in AS BL tonight. Thanks to everyone we fought.

Fab The Guardian
[Re] Rerolled

in Match-ups

Posted by: schnitzel.9018

schnitzel.9018

Thx Arborstone and Gunnars for some fantastic Fights.

Just for u