14/6 - GH vs Dz vs AS

14/6 - GH vs Dz vs AS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hyung.6140

Hyung.6140

When the going is good our fair weathers come out of their PvE holes.

I don’t know if that’s entirely the cause here… I certainly am not seeing tonnes of people I don’t already know running around. Not to mention it doesn’t explain us coming from behind to tick 500+ on Sunday!

A lot of it is the match situation I think – by focussing Dzag we encouraged AS to push for second place by also pushing Dzag so they’re using a lot of their energy on each other.

Last week MS and RoS rarely gave us a breather – in fact we’re in a similar position to that MS were in where we can choose a target knowing that the third server will mostly follow our lead as they want to hit the other more than they want to hit us.

Not saying you’re wrong, but I never see evidence of hordes of PvE players suddenly turning up when we’re winning, and we don’t have that high of a server pop in the first place.

Maybe if RAMM showed up in WvW when we were winning we’d have a massive feedback effect, but if the mighty RAMM ever DID start playing WvW we’ll be on the train right up to T1 before you can say ‘PvE bandwagon op’ ;p

Either way to answer the original question: no transfers afaik, we’ve just stepped up a bit overnight and in the mornings after last week. And possibly added a bunch of our PvE’ers though I’m yet to see them myself.

—-
Hyinna, Gunnars Hold
[Ub] – My Life for Alesia

14/6 - GH vs Dz vs AS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Krosan.2890

Krosan.2890

Would be nice to end up in the same matchup as GH again to see where we stand now compared to when we last met. Still waiting for that GH vs Dzag vs Rof matchup!

14/6 - GH vs Dz vs AS

in Match-ups

Hyung.6140

Would be nice to end up in the same matchup as GH again to see where we stand now compared to when we last met. Still waiting for that GH vs Dzag vs Rof matchup!

I was thinking just this this morning!

You guys seem to be giving our mutual friends at Surmia a tough time this week, it’d be fantastic to play you again and see how things have changed.

GH vs WSR vs RoF would also be interesting given how strongly WSR are performing this week.

—-
Hyinna, Gunnars Hold

14/6 - GH vs Dz vs AS

in Match-ups

Posted by: pejot.4806

pejot.4806

I am not denying WSR effort during this matchup, but I think they are enjoying us nad RoS going for each other all the time I think, last serious attack on WSR BL (at least around primetime/early night, when I usually play) was at Saturday. Their keeps didn’t flip since 2-3 days :P

Anya of the Mists
[TaG] guild/raid leader
Gunnar’s Hold

14/6 - GH vs Dz vs AS

in Match-ups

Posted by: onion.4213

onion.4213

There is an element of that I’m sure but I also think we learnt a lot of hard lesson’s when we played Piken-Riverside that are perhaps giving us an edge this time around.
Also we have much better pug co-ordination than we have had for a while thanks to our commander’s that is doing us a world of good.
Can’t speak for other guild’s but the interest in W3 in MM is on a surge and I can see only good thing’s going forward.

Jonni Braavo 80 Ranger—-Ben Braavo 80 Guardian.
[MM] Midnight Mayhem-Gunner’s Hold

14/6 - GH vs Dz vs AS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jimmy JimBob.2801

Jimmy JimBob.2801

I am not denying WSR effort during this matchup, but I think they are enjoying us nad RoS going for each other all the time I think, last serious attack on WSR BL (at least around primetime/early night, when I usually play) was at Saturday. Their keeps didn’t flip since 2-3 days :P

My memory of WSR is that they defend like daemons anyway… might find that helping them keep their stuff T3 all the time.

Anyway I’d like to fight RoF again soon, WSR too… Nice to face the old enemy every now and again, and it’s great not having all the flaming that comes with a RoS matchup, even if they are usually pretty close between us.

Amazed at our offpeak coverage so far this week. Really awesome work

14/6 - GH vs Dz vs AS

in Match-ups

Posted by: uSuck.5016

uSuck.5016

I would love that matchup
Had some pretty Hard but also fair battles against RoF&GH

Compliments to GH. I nearly forgot how strong you guy are. But losing tkitten today completely to GH was more fun than a week of RoS =)

Greetings frpm Dzagonur

14/6 - GH vs Dz vs AS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

we were exhausted from Ruins and Millers last week, thats why our reset looked pretty weak and overall numbers over weekend werent that high. but we are picking up steam again as you can see, when we are winning we get stronger every day and we will go into next reset again being a scary brute untill we get demolished and its PVE time again :P

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

14/6 - GH vs Dz vs AS

in Match-ups

Posted by: uSuck.5016

uSuck.5016

I’think that’s not gunnar exclusive it’s the same her on Dzago and i bet everywehere else

14/6 - GH vs Dz vs AS

in Match-ups

Posted by: drkn.3429

drkn.3429

As the leader of a PvX ‘zerg guild’, which used to be widely perceived as a ‘PvE guild’ despite having visible presence in WvW since December, i do not agree with that. There’s a wider trend going on, not as much about a relatively easier matchup than the previous one making people ‘come out of their PvE holes’, but a generally high surge of interest in WvW format.
Reforging PvE players into PvX ones, and making PvX ones focus on WvW a bit more, has always been my goal as a guild leader, partially standing behind my philosophy on numbers, recruitation, organisation and promotion. As Jonni, can’t speak for other teams, but it’s not just fair-weather players ‘out of their holes’, it’s a quite bigger thing – although more people joining karma trains serve as a part of it, too, yet just a figment in comparison to the real deal.

14/6 - GH vs Dz vs AS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Angel Of Eternety.4625

Angel Of Eternety.4625

It’s no point to hide it under a rock, that GH has a BIG amount of players comming to WvW when we’re winning and are nowhere to be seen when we need to pull more people.

It has been like this for a long time….But it’s just more fun for us that stay during the low score periods^^

But i belive that this is a widly fenomenon on all servers^^.

Keep up the spirits….and keep chasing that perfect lootbag^^

Bringing you lootbags since start^^
Little Cursed Angel—Norn Necro lvl 80
The Enchanted Angel—Human Mesmer lvl 80

14/6 - GH vs Dz vs AS

in Match-ups

Hyung.6140

It’s no point to hide it under a rock, that GH has a BIG amount of players comming to WvW when we’re winning and are nowhere to be seen when we need to pull more people.

It has been like this for a long time….But it’s just more fun for us that stay during the low score periods^^

But i belive that this is a widly fenomenon on all servers^^.

Keep up the spirits….and keep chasing that perfect lootbag^^

Personally I think the arrow of causation points the other way: when we get a lot of people in WvW we start winning!

I think we have a lot of PvE-only players, but I don’t think they’re sitting there waiting for our scores to turn positive before they jump in. I think they just don’t jump in.

We have our group of WvW players, but when they’re not around we start doing badly and it looks like ‘the mythical pugs’ have deserted us, but really I think it’s just that we have less of our normal guild groups on at that time.

When we have lots of our WvW players online we start doing very well across lots of maps and it probably feels like there must be more players from somewhere, but really the population cap is pretty low and I think it’s just our guilds are out and about in force all at once.

Obviously there will be SOME pugs… I’m not insane and claiming we don’t have any! But I never see this “big” pug group.

I do hope/wish they exist though because that’s a great way for us to grow our WvW population!

Of course only Anet can truly answer this, but what I see is more consistent with this explanation I think.

—-
Hyinna, Gunnars Hold

14/6 - GH vs Dz vs AS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Veteran Oakheart.4035

Veteran Oakheart.4035

Good job to GH and DZ, it’s interesting enough to play you, – since our last matchup was Vabbi FoW -, hope to keep this good untill the end.

Spirit Spammer Joe – Legend x2 (S1) ~ GW 2005-2007 best gaming experience~
www.youtube.com/user/stephnbf
www.twitch.tv/veteran_oakheart

14/6 - GH vs Dz vs AS

in Match-ups

drkn.3429

Personally I think the arrow of causation points the other way: when we get a lot of people in WvW we start winning!

It’s all about momentum.

14/6 - GH vs Dz vs AS

in Match-ups

Posted by: onion.4213

onion.4213

It’s all about momentum.

I agree. If we can keep the momentum going and show some of our PvE Guild’s that W3 can be fun and rewarding even when our back’s are against the wall, and it will happen again sooner or later, then it can do nothing but good. W3 isn’t just about the point’s, at least on Gunner’s, it’s about the community.
What I love about Gunner’s is that even when we are battered and bruised and down on one knee taking the blows we still fight and we still have fun and do crazy stuff just for the hell of it. I would love more people on Gunner’s to be a part of that.
I want to win, of course I do, and I would also like to be toe to toe with the top 5 server’s but to be honest I wouldn’t swap a server like Gunner’s for any of that.

Jonni Braavo 80 Ranger—-Ben Braavo 80 Guardian.
[MM] Midnight Mayhem-Gunner’s Hold

(edited by onion.4213)

14/6 - GH vs Dz vs AS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kyven.7514

Kyven.7514

It’s all about momentum.

I agree. If we can keep the momentum going and show some of our PvE Guild’s that W3 can be fun and rewarding even when our back’s are against the wall, and it will happen again sooner or later, then it can do nothing but good. W3 isn’t just about the point’s, at least on Gunner’s, it’s about the community.

Agree. Wvw is quite fun and every so often TI will pop in to help/get free loot bags. Hell, on Friday I was in that zerg with my mid level mes helping out, getting stomped and stomping people. I haven’t been in there for a couple days because of Dragon Bash and finally finishing world completion on my warrior (after 3 months XD) but I’ll pop in tomorrow.

Lareswen-Human Warrior/Zinnia Epsilon-Asura Mesmer
The Tyrian Institute (TI)
One of the few Americans on Gunnar’s Hold (EU)

14/6 - GH vs Dz vs AS

in Match-ups

Steelo.4597

Good job to GH and DZ, it’s interesting enough to play you, – since our last matchup was Vabbi FoW -, hope to keep this good untill the end.

Arborstone you are amazingly strong, currently very underrated. Will see you again for sure! Very aggressive playing, im quite a fan Impressive how you been sitting on that Dzago bay all week Long.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

14/6 - GH vs Dz vs AS

in Match-ups

Posted by: flooz.7381

flooz.7381

hello all !!! this is arborstone ^^

it’s a real pleasure to fight with you this week. really enjoy that.

luv’ this matchup ;-)

hope to see you soon

(edited by flooz.7381)

14/6 - GH vs Dz vs AS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Genotix.6804

Genotix.6804

I am impressed by how much arborstone have improved since the last time we faced them.
If you guys get a bit more organised with the numbers you have you will be scary.
Dzago always a pleasure to play against you guys. Decent server with decent players:)

14/6 - GH vs Dz vs AS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jathres.7236

Jathres.7236

Had many nice fights this week so far. Most People seems to be really willing to fight and i’m enjoying this enormous ^^

Jathres BNF
http://www.youtube.com/user/Jathres
Piken Square

14/6 - GH vs Dz vs AS

in Match-ups

Jathres.7236

Btw is their some chance you will upload our old fights lert? I remembering that one of your guys recorded them. I’m still kicking my kitten for not recording those! With our Fights against IMP the best 5v5 we had so far.

Jathres BNF
Piken Square

14/6 - GH vs Dz vs AS

in Match-ups

Jimmy JimBob.2801

Btw is their some chance you will upload our old fights lert? I remembering that one of your guys recorded them. I’m still kicking my kitten for not recording those! With our Fights against IMP the best 5v5 we had so far.

Why would you kick a kitten?! That’s just pure evil!

http://data.whicdn.com/images/32030417/Sad-kitten-standing_large.gif

14/6 - GH vs Dz vs AS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Monkeymonger.9235

Monkeymonger.9235

My personal opinion:
This probably the most boring matchup i’ve been in. AS with their handholding, tier-3 sized zerg guilds is a wonderful example of what ruins wvw. I hope that we never meet again.

From the perspective of FURY:
Great fights, lot of fun, greatest respect etc.

14/6 - GH vs Dz vs AS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Laurelinde.4395

Laurelinde.4395

GH population is kind of all over the place from my experience, there is an element of people coming in when we’re ahead (be it to do map completion or actually fight) but then some weeks we start off ahead and everyone vanishes, and other weeks we put up a much better showing than we’ve any right to (am thinking of two weeks ago’s fiasco.) We’re a bit random, I guess. But my playing is very random so I can’t criticise!

In the words of the Brain, ‘Trust me, Pinky, you excel at random.’

Narf!

Laurelinde & Cookie/Beorna Bearheart
[TWG] – Gunnar’s Hold
Always remember Wheaton’s Law

14/6 - GH vs Dz vs AS

in Match-ups

Jathres.7236

Because the Gw2 Forum transforms the human Hindquarters into Kittens. Please don’t think any further why that Part of the Humanbody should somehow be linked to Cats.

Jathres BNF
Piken Square

14/6 - GH vs Dz vs AS

in Match-ups

Jimmy JimBob.2801

Because the Gw2 Forum transforms the human Hindquarters into Kittens. Please don’t think any further why that Part of the Humanbody should somehow be linked to Cats.

Hmmm… I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt here but I’m watching you

14/6 - GH vs Dz vs AS

in Match-ups

Posted by: spiritus.7983

spiritus.7983

your arguments are invalid, we have rainbow now

Evil, GH -Charr rule.
A Skritt is dumb. A group of Skritt are smart.
A Human is smart. A group of Humans are idiots.

14/6 - GH vs Dz vs AS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tyrael.2769

Tyrael.2769

Arborstone you are amazingly strong, currently very underrated. Will see you again for sure! Very aggressive playing, im quite a fan Impressive how you been sitting on that Dzago bay all week Long.

Yeah, they’re pretty tough!
Last night we tried to capture Bay from Arbor. Outer is down, 5 minutes inside bay, counting, counting, counting and yes “Boom the 60+ (organized) zerg” came over and busted us.. Pretty nice

Sir Nejtirii (PRXM)

www.gunnars-hold.eu

(edited by Tyrael.2769)

14/6 - GH vs Dz vs AS

in Match-ups

Posted by: DanyK.3842

DanyK.3842

Thanks to GH for having such a huge night presence on EB. Loved the 1v1 and 2v2 fights against Dz and hope you enjoyed them as much as I did. And to AS: you have insane numbers but there’s a reason you’re in super-low tier. Try to spread your numbers more evenly across maps and don’t lose time chasing small group with your zerg…. you will never catch us! Mwhahaha.
<3 Dz, keep up the spirit! Cya all.

Sir Dany | Twitch
110k WvW kills | Champion Legionnaire, Paragon |

14/6 - GH vs Dz vs AS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lert.6287

Lert.6287

Hehe. Actually two people were recording it – engi and guardian. The first one is responsible for editing and uploading both of their POVs. We’re keep bothering him about it, but seems he is a little bussy.
These fights were the most even we’ve ever had. So in future we would naturally like to repeat that, but sadly none of us is active lately and our play-times might be different.
I wrote to them, maybe tomorrow we all will show up for “Duel evening”. If not, you can count on me (i seem to appear every time such thing is up), and hopefully in close future the movies of our small scale GvGs.

Engineer / Piken Square
Former Team Psy [Psy] member/ [BNF] guest
YT Channel

14/6 - GH vs Dz vs AS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

kudos to dzagonur, you have some of the fairest players around, it’s a pleasure to fight you

14/6 - GH vs Dz vs AS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Veteran Oakheart.4035

Veteran Oakheart.4035

BEST 3W servers EU (Dzagonur Garrison BL 22:00 ) I think everybody agree that lags are awesome :p

Spirit Spammer Joe – Legend x2 (S1) ~ GW 2005-2007 best gaming experience~
www.youtube.com/user/stephnbf
www.twitch.tv/veteran_oakheart

14/6 - GH vs Dz vs AS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nubu.6148

Nubu.6148

yep , cause we beat your kitten without points. ; )

Nubú -Engie -Asura-
BNF-Bitte nicht füttern-
Smallscale <3 !

14/6 - GH vs Dz vs AS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nubu.6148

Nubu.6148

Groupfights (5 and smaller etc) and Duels
Time: Thursday 21.00 (UTC+1)

Just fighting for Fun.

Just appear or contact Nubu.6148 , Jathres.7236 or Iavra.8510

This.

Nubú -Engie -Asura-
BNF-Bitte nicht füttern-
Smallscale <3 !

14/6 - GH vs Dz vs AS

in Match-ups

drkn.3429

Dz [Hot] norn female thief, Mage – hats off o/

14/6 - GH vs Dz vs AS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Neandramathal.9536

Neandramathal.9536

Groupfights (5 and smaller etc) and Duels
Time: Thursday 21.00 (UTC+1)

Just fighting for Fun.

Just appear or contact Nubu.6148 , Jathres.7236 or Iavra.8510

This.

Hmmm.. well.. maybe… hmm…

… go on then.

[GoV] Gnomes of Vabbi || [Imp] Impact
Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

14/6 - GH vs Dz vs AS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Noct.1495

Noct.1495

BEST 3W servers EU (Dzagonur Garrison BL 22:00 ) I think everybody agree that lags are awesome :p

although indeed the lag was awefull, it was a great fight.

great night in Dz BL yesterday, thx for putting up some good fights both servers

Cu on the battlefield!

Guardian of Cry Havoc (CHvc) – GH

14/6 - GH vs Dz vs AS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bugweats.5317

Bugweats.5317

Thx fore the nice evening at Arborstone Mill tonight.
Interesting duels and small group fights there.
Had a long warm up time today but thats the downside of getting older i guess ;-)

Special thanks to “Psy” “Imp” and “Nox” for all the fair fights.

That Imp-Mesmer and Psy-Ranger will definetly bring me a restless night…..

/bow

[DSM] Vargo Mirrorstep
-Der Schwarze Mantel-

(edited by Bugweats.5317)

14/6 - GH vs Dz vs AS

in Match-ups

Posted by: fab.3298

fab.3298

Sorry i missed the duels, i tried to come after our raid had finished but there was no one around. Hopefully it was fun for those who attended.

This has been an okay week. Lots of fights, lots of loot bags, and challenging opponents, a little too blobby though. I’m not sure what has happened to Dz this week, from my experience your server is better than your score would indicate, i guess population and coverage are getting the better of you, it’s unfortunate because you really are a great server and always fun to fight. I hope it gets better and you get a few transfers so our ranking stays similar.

AS have some very capable guilds who for some reason insist on grouping up and raiding together. It allows you to dominate in fights since the opposition usually has far less players. However, it’s not effective at winning WvW, we always know exactly where you are since your entire fighting force is together in one massive blob. It makes defending and preparation very easy since we can rally everyone and don’t need to worry about you hitting 2 locations simultaneously. With your population we should have been pressured much more than we have been.

Fab The Guardian
[Re] Rerolled

14/6 - GH vs Dz vs AS

in Match-ups

Posted by: ZStefanovic.2475

ZStefanovic.2475

Good fights against the Dzag mesmer and thief from HOT and HON. however: /laugh to the signet warrior from NOX who starts a fight but runs like a coward when he’s about to lose

Former [FURY] – Farming Orr since 1802
my stream: http://twitch.tv/Para_Streaming
All names start with Para

14/6 - GH vs Dz vs AS

in Match-ups

Jathres.7236

Thx to all attending at Mill yesterday.
Had some fun fights, my poor Warrior getting bashed around from all those evil other classes! Soooo many phantasm mesmers in the end ^^

Sadly the old Friday date worked a bit better for most people. Maybe we will really change the date to Sunday evening, but then it will lose that end of the Matchup feelling :p

Jathres BNF
Piken Square

14/6 - GH vs Dz vs AS

in Match-ups

Posted by: ballyboy.9143

ballyboy.9143

Shout out to the Charr Warrior/Guardian (i couldn’t tell which i was too busy concentrating everytime i saw you) Who is a bronze Invader from Hot Guild DZ server. Dude, for 2-3 days now early morning GMT we have been dueling, and i must say you are incredibly skilled. I respect you alot man. I am almost sad this is over in 12 hours because i enjoy fighting you!

As for the rest of the match, my 2 cents, EB has kind of been my stomping ground for the last 3 days now, commanding for much of the last 2 days without sleeping. Great fights off both servers i wanna congratulate you both, you made it very challenging for me.

On a last note. Enjoy the rest of the battle and good luck in your matches next week!

Naz

Nazgar The Eternal
Norn Commander of [HT]
“Golems Hold” Server

14/6 - GH vs Dz vs AS

in Match-ups

Steelo.4597

most boring matchup in a long long while, didnt even play anymore yesterday :O hope we will get some more interesting servers next week. AS is very strong but very boring to play (monobus 60+ or gtfo) and Dzagonur this week is only a shadow of the power we used to know, hardly seen any of them outside EB. A bit suprising considering how they did on reset / generally on weekend.

(edited by Steelo.4597)

14/6 - GH vs Dz vs AS

in Match-ups

Jathres.7236

Maybe we suffered from the good weather! After all this is the first week with good sommerweather this year :p

Jathres BNF
Piken Square

14/6 - GH vs Dz vs AS

in Match-ups

Posted by: DanyK.3842

DanyK.3842

Maybe we suffered from the good weather! After all this is the first week with good sommerweather this year :p

How dare you do real life and then brag about it on forums? You make those people with 10 degrees and cold rain in their countries jelous :o

Sir Dany | Twitch
110k WvW kills | Champion Legionnaire, Paragon |

14/6 - GH vs Dz vs AS

in Match-ups

Posted by: MarkusParkus.8467

MarkusParkus.8467

Thx fore the nice evening at Arborstone Mill tonight.
Interesting duels and small group fights there.
Had a long warm up time today but thats the downside of getting older i guess ;-)

Special thanks to “Psy” “Imp” and “Nox” for all the fair fights.

That Imp-Mesmer and Psy-Ranger will definetly bring me a restless night…..

/bow

thanks for the fights! had some very close ones against a mesmer from DSR. /salute!

Furious Scumbag, Raging Scumbag & Geologist Greywind
[NOX] & [Coma] – Gunnar’s Hold.

14/6 - GH vs Dz vs AS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Monkeymonger.9235

Monkeymonger.9235

As i mentioned earlier this matchup was horrible. Theres no way denying it. Still, there were glorious (and profitable) moments as well. Like defending SM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Qn8KCPz9zPE

A free piece of advice: When someone sets up magic find banners, bonfire and stacks on a merchant next to the gate – chances are you won’t take SM that day.

14/6 - GH vs Dz vs AS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Olterin Fire.5960

Olterin Fire.5960

I think the word “suffer” applies quite literally here … Waaaaaay too warm in some places.

Otherwise, this thread has been surprisingly short and lacking in … ahem, popcorn-worthy enjoyment :-P Good fights, on the few occasions that I’ve been able to play (well, except the AS monozerg).

WIthout light, there can be no darkness. Without darkness, there can be no light.

Sword Of Justice – Gunnar’s Hold

14/6 - GH vs Dz vs AS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Silver.3721

Silver.3721

A short video of Saturday.

Tz + Pu on Gunnar’s map.

See in HD

Enjoy

14/6 - GH vs Dz vs AS

in Match-ups

Posted by: WhiskeyJack.5839

WhiskeyJack.5839

A short video of Saturday.

Tz + Pu on Gunnar’s map.

See in HD

Enjoy

the most boring highlight video I’ve ever seen. Look at the mini-map, surrounded by friendlies. The fights aren’t exciting as there isn’t a chance you can lose with those numbers. Having said that, my favorite part was watching from 1:10 to 1:20 where you fell over numerous times.

Gunnars Hold
Furious Cookies[FURY]