5/31 Kaineng/Crystal Desert/Yak's Bend

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

This thread is 100% dead.. not used to it after having Mags around..

don’t know what you got till it’s gone

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caephire.5238

Caephire.5238

Sounds like a cheesy breakup line. :P … I think I like you, Splifferton!

Commander Foxblaze
Guild Leader: Zepheris Chronology [CHR]
Kaineng from Beginning to End

in Match-ups

Posted by: Splifferton.9874

Splifferton.9874

I mean I didn’t love your PvForum tactics but at least it provided me with great entertainment during my work hours.. Now I have to stare at nothing on a computer screen.. its odd.. I have not even seen many of the Kain people that were PvForum warring vs. Mags either.. Where has my entertainment gone!!

Little Grundle [RAM]

in Match-ups

Splifferton.9874

LOL — he just needed to end it with a “Call me Maybe” line at the end..

Little Grundle [RAM]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cannman.8071

Cannman.8071

I am so proud of my fellow CDers. We all did an awesome job defending bay and garrison this weekend. When we needed the help, we got it. Even had a Que for CDBL a couple of times this weekend. That has not happened here in a long time (unless it was reset night). As for Yaks Bend and Kaineng, you two are sure keeping us on our toes. Good tactics and our commanders have been impressed on your tight zerg formations. I look forward to many more great battles this week.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Heinel.6548

Heinel.6548

So I’ve just gone away for a bit, come back and we’re red.

Yay~ <3 Overlook keep

“… but I hate the idea ‘It may not make sense at first’.
I want it to make sense right away, then another sense later. Murkiness =/= quality "
- CCP Abraxis

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caephire.5238

Caephire.5238

>.< Doh! I knew I forgot something. I’m sorry.

Commander Foxblaze
Guild Leader: Zepheris Chronology [CHR]
Kaineng from Beginning to End

in Match-ups

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Great fights on the battlefield. I am really impressed by CD. Your server is outstanding and for the numbers you have I truly salute you on outstanding team play. Kain I also want to thank for the great fights as well. You guys are always tough and have great tactics. This is the most fun I have had in months and glad I am sharing it with two outstanding servers. Keep up the good fight!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kmLCEmfpf94

The 5 on 1 gank on a CAMP member in the video sums this thing up well.
Also stop clicking your skills X_X so painful to watch. (rebind 7,8,9,0 to something more reachable)

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in Match-ups

Splifferton.9874

>.< Doh! I knew I forgot something. I’m sorry.

hahaha.. I feel like nobody wants to start talking smack in this post cuz everyone tired themselves out fighting mags on and off the game.. people are too tired of PvForum…

Little Grundle [RAM]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vi Au.8341

Vi Au.8341

This thread is so boring, clearly guumie bears are needed to make it lively.

On another note…WTH YB?! Where have all of you been hiding these past few weeks O_o

clearly every thread should have some mag forum warriors participating to spice it up!!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

I mean I didn’t love your PvForum tactics but at least it provided me with great entertainment during my work hours.. Now I have to stare at nothing on a computer screen.. its odd.. I have not even seen many of the Kain people that were PvForum warring vs. Mags either.. Where has my entertainment gone!!

^

Attachments:

(edited by Serophous.9085)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vi Au.8341

Vi Au.8341

if bored read DB vs MAG vs SBI very entertaining. page 8 or 9 now? so lots of reading to be had

edit: i was wrong we are on page 10

in Match-ups

Splifferton.9874

if bored read DB vs MAG vs SBI very entertaining. page 8 or 9 now? so lots of reading to be had

edit: i was wrong we are on page 10

Yeah I have been in there.. I made a comment on how SBI seems to be having a better showing then mags is.. they have had the higher tick for the last hr or so.. that’s how bored I am right now.. I know the tick on another server.. hahahaha.. Someone save me from my boredom..

Little Grundle [RAM]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Quikmix.2518

Quikmix.2518

This has been a fun weekend. Really happy that CD is keeping things close!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Serenity.8246

Serenity.8246

I’ve really enjoyed the match up so far! Had a ton of fun yesterday (the only real day I have been able to play so far). Thanks for the great fights, CD and Kain! Mag always said our last match up was very even, but I think this one is better!

Features Manager for www.yaks-bend.com
“We are a WvW organization! We don’t throw tea parties!
We burn them to the ground and put the teddy bears to death!”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

We are Nom Nom Nomming all of Kaineng’s Glicko points.

in Match-ups

Draygo.9473

Thanks TOG (and one WAR) for that 20 min fight at bluevale.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in Match-ups

Splifferton.9874

Good fights on EB tonight.. Enjoyed that SM battle around 2:30AM EST.. finally got you guys with that portal..

Little Grundle [RAM]

in Match-ups

Draygo.9473

You can have them we don’t want them right now. With the guilds that have left us our rating is too high.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Recursivision.2367

Recursivision.2367

Tastes like sweet sweet sweet chocolate-covered-bacon-candy sundae.

edit: Added picture to further illustrate point.

Attachments:

(edited by Recursivision.2367)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

Yak’s Bend dont mess around! Great battle tonight. Defending an siege against durious when the wall was down was an amazing comeback! Eventually pushing our way into SM and taking it was marvelous. The great siege led by Thor/Grundle, Me, and Jonstern was epic. The final assault into the main room was a sight to behold

I’d like to thank the 2 other commanders that were present, all of the players who helped and Blackwater Vanguard[BV]. Everyone’s battle skills and tactical knowledge overwhelmed our enemies and brought them to their knees!

A toast to the fallen and hopefully we hold the castle for many hours to come.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: luwe.1496

luwe.1496

You can never go wrong with bacon!

in Match-ups

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

I knew you’d come crawling back for that #magswag. I’m sorry Kain, Yaks, but we’ve got a new matchup now…

Alright, baby, maybe just a little taste. Just don’t tell DB.

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

in Match-ups

Posted by: Grieve.1432

Grieve.1432

So I wasn’t there, but I heard about it on our TS last night from a few of my guildies.Yak’s Bend did you guys really have to use those Super Adventure Boxes enmasse on your attempt on hills. I mean funny, but really why? You just made the fight one big lag fest or at least it appeared to be an attempt to cause a ton of lag.

South of Heaven [SoH] – Crystal Desert
Grieve Logdan (Human War) | Rifte Torin (Charr Thief)
Feylicia Logdan (Human Mes) | Elias Foralli (Asura Guard)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Runehand.9368

Runehand.9368

So I wasn’t there, but I heard about it on our TS last night from a few of my guildies.Yak’s Bend did you guys really have to use those Super Adventure Boxes enmasse on your attempt on hills. I mean funny, but really why? You just made the fight one big lag fest or at least it appeared to be an attempt to cause a ton of lag.

Uh, we thought it was YOU guys who used the Super Adventure Box! We were all like ‘Well, this is a first – defending south outer hills with… Boxes.’ It definitely wasn’t part of any greater strategy on whoever did it, but for some reason we thought you guys were throwing a party inside the gate judging by how congregated you were when we hit the south gate.

Zherbus – Yak’s Bend
Bookahs on [AciD]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Grieve.1432

Grieve.1432

Uh, we thought it was YOU guys who used the Super Adventure Box! We were all like ‘Well, this is a first – defending south outer hills with… Boxes.’ It definitely wasn’t part of any greater strategy on whoever did it, but for some reason we thought you guys were throwing a party inside the gate judging by how congregated you were when we hit the south gate.

Guess someone was trolling both of us… Either way that had to of been a very awkward fight and not benefitting either team due to the global effects of lag.

In the end I’d just say have everyone bug report it to get the kitten things out of WvW.

South of Heaven [SoH] – Crystal Desert
Grieve Logdan (Human War) | Rifte Torin (Charr Thief)
Feylicia Logdan (Human Mes) | Elias Foralli (Asura Guard)

in Match-ups

Posted by: ajay.6314

ajay.6314

There is one thing I dont like about WvW, in the jumping puzzle people ambush which is cowardly act , really. If they wanna fight.. they should do so.. in open. There are few when they are at disadvantage.. just wave at you.. and pass by. Its obviously designed that way to be competitive. Yaks were most of the time friendly, but not maaguma.

Diplomatic dictators [DD] – Kaineng
Rangerajay (Human Ranger)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

I know the amount of /laugh and /dance emotes has gone from 99% to zero since Mag left.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Great fights on the battlefield. I am really impressed by CD. Your server is outstanding and for the numbers you have I truly salute you on outstanding team play. Kain I also want to thank for the great fights as well. You guys are always tough and have great tactics. This is the most fun I have had in months and glad I am sharing it with two outstanding servers. Keep up the good fight!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kmLCEmfpf94

Also stop clicking your skills X_X so painful to watch. (rebind 7,8,9,0 to something more reachable)

He isn’t clicking his skills, all are keybound.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Match-ups

Posted by: SHAKA ZULU.3128

SHAKA ZULU.3128

I knew you’d come crawling back for that #magswag. I’m sorry Kain, Yaks, but we’ve got a new matchup now…

Alright, baby, maybe just a little taste. Just don’t tell DB.

Oh my god 2swaggy4me. I can’t quit you Magz.

love,

a guardian from k[Ai]neng

in Match-ups

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

Oh my god 2swaggy4me. I can’t quit you Magz.

Maguumie-chan so tsundere for Kai-kun~

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

in Match-ups

Posted by: SHAKA ZULU.3128

SHAKA ZULU.3128

Maguumie-chan so tsundere for Kai-kun~

Aishteru Robo-sama =^3^= baka filter-chan making me spell my wapanese poorly.

love,

a guardian from k[Ai]neng

in Match-ups

Posted by: katsu.4052

katsu.4052

There’s a guild on Kaineng or YB “Prescribed” [Rx]. Just curious, if you guys count pills for a living too? We have a guild here on CD with a few pill counters also and got a good chuckle when we saw your crew running by.

Emergency Rx [SOS]

Haha, we get that question often. The name comes from a CrossFit term, which our founding members all participate in – "In the eyes of a coach, “Rx” means the athlete held themselves to the highest standard in weight, reps and skill"

http://prescribedrx.com/
NA | Sea of Sorrows

in Match-ups

Posted by: Quikmix.2518

Quikmix.2518

It’s a bit of a shame that the most evenly contested matchup (so far) this week has so few people commenting.

Just want to say that it was a blast rolling on CD this morning. YB put up a good outmanned fight at their keep.

Having a blast with this new matchup. i think it challenges the lower ranked servers to really play UP to their competition.

in Match-ups

Posted by: SniffyCube.6107

SniffyCube.6107

It’s a bit of a shame that the most evenly contested matchup (so far) this week has so few people commenting.

Just want to say that it was a blast rolling on CD this morning. YB put up a good outmanned fight at their keep.

Having a blast with this new matchup. i think it challenges the lower ranked servers to really play UP to their competition.

ain’t nobody got time for that

too busy fighting

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

in Match-ups

Splifferton.9874

Yak’s Bend dont mess around! Great battle tonight. Defending an siege against durious when the wall was down was an amazing comeback! Eventually pushing our way into SM and taking it was marvelous. The great siege led by Thor/Grundle, Me, and Jonstern was epic. The final assault into the main room was a sight to behold

I’d like to thank the 2 other commanders that were present, all of the players who helped and Blackwater Vanguard[BV]. Everyone’s battle skills and tactical knowledge overwhelmed our enemies and brought them to their knees!

A toast to the fallen and hopefully we hold the castle for many hours to come.

Was a really fun fight.. CD had been trebbing the crap out of everything we owned all night long in EB and I kept saying I wanted SM.. I wanted SM.. I wanted SM.. Finally 6hrs later and one really big push we finally got in.. Lyorkie did a nice job at sieging and holding Durios while being trebbed by CD from SM.. all in all was a fun night..

Little Grundle [RAM]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kronyx.2570

Kronyx.2570

ain’t nobody got time for that

too busy fighting

QTF. Most exciting matchup in a long time.

Also gotta tip my hat to XF and HIS for their tenacity. That golem rush on our garrison was very close. Had to pull everyone from EBG to defend against that.

Rheayas – 80 Guardian
Guild Leader Of [LOOT]
Yaks Bend Allaince Commander [YBA]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lorelei.3918

Lorelei.3918

Yes I can’t believe we are this closely matched. I honestly expected us at CD to be crushed when I saw the names but no! We are in second place as of now. I love watching Kain fight. The way they stack, buff, move and port together is sublime. Quite a big difference from the Kain I remember who just flung countlis bodies at you till the weight of their corpses made your walls collapse…xD

Anyway much <333’s to you all, this is the most fun I’ve had in awhile. If you see a norn red/black female warr with a LB, that is prolly me.

(edited by Lorelei.3918)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Serenity.8246

Serenity.8246

What!? Aww..Rheayas, I seem to be missing all sorts of fun due to work and school so far this match-up. Not to mention getting dc’d late Saturday night and the game not letting me back in, so I just went to bed. (Stupid error about firewall and such…sigh) Can’t wait for upcoming days off to get some WvW love in! When I have played, this match-up has been the best! It feels like Yak’s of old out there and it’s fabulous.

I think I’m one of the few that has enjoyed the new randomized match-ups. It’s been a lot of fun and I think my whole server is revitalized!

Features Manager for www.yaks-bend.com
“We are a WvW organization! We don’t throw tea parties!
We burn them to the ground and put the teddy bears to death!”

in Match-ups

Runehand.9368

Anyway much <333’s to you all, this is the most fun I’ve had in awhile. If you see a norn red/black female warr with a LB, that is prolly me.

Good, I’ll kill you and <333 the bag you drop.

Zherbus – Yak’s Bend
Bookahs on [AciD]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

All it took was sacrificing SoS to TC and sacrificing SBI to DB to get a good match-up. I am okay with this. Does that make me a bad person?

in Match-ups

Runehand.9368

I’m okay with it because it doesn’t affect me directly. It does concern me a bit that it’s killing WvW for other people, which isn’t good in the long run. Also, any of our servers could be gargling DB Mayonnaise next week. So that could be terrible.

Zherbus – Yak’s Bend
Bookahs on [AciD]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lorelei.3918

Lorelei.3918

Good, I’ll kill you and <333 the bag you drop.

You can try~

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zenjii.6819

Zenjii.6819

Burneth —Elementalist--Empyrean Knights [EK]— Sea of Sorrows

in Match-ups

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

He isn’t clicking his skills, all are keybound.

Then why do the tooltips pop up as if a mouse is being drug over the toolbar and the ground-targeting circles appear down at the toolbar before being moved into position?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Testament.9538

Testament.9538

Because I am hovering over them with my mouse. The only one I have not Key bound in, is my 0. Since you really want to know and are so curious about my key binds. 6=r, 7=f, 8=tab, 9=caps and OMG the one I actually click on my elite!!! Now that we have that settled can we move on?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nikked.7365

Nikked.7365

Because I am hovering over them with my mouse. The only one I have not Key bound in, is my 0. Since you really want to know and are so curious about my key binds. 6=r, 7=f, 8=tab, 9=caps and OMG the one I actually click on my elite!!! Now that we have that settled can we move on?

Inb4 you get trolled.

The video makes it look like you click on a number of skills. (The keybindings show your utilities mapped as numbers, not letters.) But, hey! To each their own. Personally, I have two skills that I always click on, and one of them is also the elite. The other is most often decoy. Those are time sensitive skills and I’ve found I’ve accidentally activated them before when I did not mean to, so I removed the bindings.

Mesmer is all about precision and less about button mashing; you handle the class well. Hope to see more footage.

Jacked Jackal :: Norn Mesmer :: Giant and Fabulous
Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ninya.3942

Ninya.3942

Inb4 you get trolled.

The video makes it look like you click on a number of skills. (The keybindings show your utilities mapped as numbers, not letters.) But, hey! To each their own. Personally, I have two skills that I always click on, and one of them is also the elite. The other is most often decoy. Those are time sensitive skills and I’ve found I’ve accidentally activated them before when I did not mean to, so I removed the bindings.

Mesmer is all about precision and less about button mashing; you handle the class well. Hope to see more footage.

Well if he can show some footage of him not clicking his utilities most would believe him. I was a clicker back in the day (when I played WoW up until like 2010), but this game just makes it so easy to not be a clicker.

Not going to troll, but I will advise you to not respond to the others Testament. You should honestly work on never relying on clicking, especially with things that require twitch like reflexes. But you don’t have to, play your game your way

Elementalist Class Lead
Rethesis [RE] – Tarnished Coast
http://rethesis.com/

in Match-ups

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

nice match up this week… had fun defending redlake tower on kain bl last night…… you guys (kain) came in 4 waves and we defended like hell…. lol

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in Match-ups

Posted by: jaycatano.6738

jaycatano.6738

I cant believe im saying this, but Compared to clavin on the DB matchup thread I really miss Sol and Chips.

Slightly Better Ele
Violent Resolution [VR]
Maguuma