6/14 Blackgate/ Jade Quarry/ Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sabull.5670

Sabull.5670

Hello ’Murica!!

Just wanted to drop this as a thank you gift for your warm welcome. NA-T1 is a blast so far, but in all fairness I wasnt expecting such a thick clunge and stronk resolve. EUs blobs got nothing on your Throngs™… the sheer guts and toughness! All backed up by SCIENCE (power up, give ground, i mean its all in the book!!) keep it up brahs o/

Welcome to the North American “Tier 1”!

We were actually recently chatting a page before about how it would be great to see Red Guard & Tempest Wolves GvG each other. I know a lot of us are wanting to see whether or not the best of EU can beat the best of NA (according to http://gw2gvg.com/leaderboard.php?r=merged)

In that case there shouldn’t be 200 people watching at the sides. Those kind of numbers really hurt the quality of fighting, especially when there is already 200-300 ping for EU.

Hopefully we can find time to play alot of GvGs. They just need to be planned properly cos of the timezone difference.

[TA]

in Match-ups

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

no your made and u know it

its a game take a break

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in Match-ups

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

mad ** dam thing wont let me edit

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in Match-ups

Posted by: wish.1027

wish.1027

NOBODY discusses roaming groups or small ops. Hurts my soul that the WvW end-game is just blob v. blob with no consideration for small groups or solo players, even in discussion.

You’re doing it wrong.
Move to tier 7 or 8, somewhere at the bottom.

Jade Quarry Warrior Strike Force [SF]
w/ an alt Thief and Guardian.
Math is your friend.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Offski.4897

Offski.4897

It has been a rough night for BG, I suspect in the subsequent nights, the turn out will be lower from the non-Guildie and thus not provide the level of competition that SoR/JQ would come to expect.

Today, going into NA Prime, IRON did a wonderful job of accumulating the structures providing a strong foundation for their NA. I am sure both JQ/BG EU fought brilliantly and commendable for their efforts, but EU is definitely SoR timezone. Not using that as an excuse, because SoR NA in general played well and would have done well regardless and they showed their dominance over the both servers today. Kudos to you guys.

To BG, frustration aside, we will win with humility and lose with grace, that’s the BG style.

Cheers,
BG Citizen

PS Hi HL folks. I am that Asura during the GvG.
PPS: TC, I miss you and the dolyak herd. Hope the new system, pair us up again!

Sorry mate, even though I would like to take all the credit. Certainly in EB and JQ borders it was Indo and his followers who did all the flipping, nothing to do with IRON.

Offski
Necromancer – Sanctum of Rall[IRON]
http://www.iron-gaming.com/

in Match-ups

Posted by: Waage.2047

Waage.2047

During EU it was a massive zerg in both BG and SoR.

So many Trebs to take one tower.

[RK] – Guild Leader and awesome Warrior – BG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

@Kaimick.5109

I prefer “Jade Rall” myself, has a better ring to it.

Problem?

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

>3< offski, maybe sometime in the future I get to fight gvg with you guys. gl in t1.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in Match-ups

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

Then we could also have someone from a spectator point of view streaming (maybe even with a caster?)

I can see how this will unfold…

- Both teams veil in
- Everyone starts spamming 1
- I don’t know wtf is happening right now
- Team X wins

Oh I actually thought american GvG’s more looked like: 50vs70 with tons of siege while another 50 flanks in.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cover Girl.2580

Cover Girl.2580

well folks, the news never gets old … JQ’s havok squad of SoR wasn’t wiped, they ran !! well those that didn’t die that is

This guy got strangely quiet almost overnight Where you at Onyx?

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]
(Borderlands Stationed Commander)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Voicer.8239

Voicer.8239

We’ll, Im really proud of my server.
The ppt leading was a bônus rly, BG never started so well on the weekend and mb this give us a chance to have a more equal end to this match.
Probably SoR will get the lead over and over bc the converge you guys have, mostly EU umbalance things a lil bit, but..tbh: who cares?
Just the fights we’re getting this week made me want to logging on for several hours and jump on massive fights all the time! EPIC fights so far imo.
This 2vs1 complaining doesent happen on any of our TS channels, idk why ppl bother to come here and take some of the FUN out by doing this..I see as a complement and Im happy BG dont need a big sister to be able to stay competitive, but hey…you’re free to help each other as much you need! No hard feelings!
I just hope in a near future that JQ get out of the picture like SoR did last match, and then we’ll see if you guys rly can handle us on your own. I cant wait for this!!
Also Im very happy to see HB out there these days! Welcome back Smokee and all the others, we did miss you!

STOP THE QQ “forum warriors”, let them “win” the match this way over and over, so what? They share guilds, have the same TS and this is nothing but old news.
Lets keep up the fight and see what we’re capable to acomplish!!

(BlackGate)

(edited by Voicer.8239)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shifty.4985

Shifty.4985

Great fights in Bay on SoR Bl, Props for MERC to keep trying <3

Ex [HB]|[IRON][][RIP][RawR]
The rebirth begins

in Match-ups

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

The ppt leading was a bônus rly, BG never started so well on the weekend and mb this give us a chance to have a more equal end to this match.
Probably SoR will get the lead over and over bc the converge you guys have, mostly EU umbalance things a lil bit, but..tbh: who cares?
Just the fights we’re getting this week made me want to logging on for several hours and jump on massive fights all the time! EPIC fights so far imo.
This 2vs1 complaining doesent happen on any of our TS channels, idk why ppl bother to come here and take some of the FUN out by doing this..I see as a complement and Im happy BG dont need a big sister to be able to stay competitive, but hey…you’re free to help each other as much you need! No hard feelings!
I just hope in a near future that JQ get out of the picture like SoR did last match, and then we’ll see if you guys rly can handle us on your own. I cant wait for this!!
Also Im very happy to see HB out there these days! Welcome back Smokee and all the others, we did miss you!

STOP THE QQ “forum warriors”, let them “win” the match this way over and over, so what? They share guilds, have the same TS and this is nothing but old news.

Your post was going so well too…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Webley.1295

Webley.1295

Great fights in Bay on SoR Bl, Props for MERC to keep trying <3

It really sucks trying to get such large amounts of people and siege from a really defensive choke,

we did indeed keep trying but we didnt get it

been a while since we werent able to get something we wanted

[MERC] Gallimar

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aneirin Cadwall.9126

Aneirin Cadwall.9126

Thanks for all of the bags SoR. You tried to take a paper tower and lost your T3 waypointed bay in the process to JQ. Thanks for the coordination JQ, lets do it again

Considering you’re the only JQ player who posts messages like these in match-up threads, you should consider transferring to BG where you’d fit right in.

Men who achieve some power desire more until they destroy themselves trying to get it.—Turai Ossa
Sanctum of Rall since beta 3. Mesmer since 1070 AE

in Match-ups

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

Ouch talk about a dagger to the heart! BG morale flying high from last week, rushes out to a 10k lead and loses all of it during NA prime.

Can the self proclaimed “Beastgate” server show enough heart as it’s still only Tuesday and bounce back!!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Just logged in to read some of the QQs. keep it cool guys. everyone on sor was really happy to be back to fighting bg and jq after last week with TC and SoS. we lurv u guys too TC but battleing BG and JQ is a blast.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

(edited by Moderator)

in Match-ups

Posted by: magikfox.9658

magikfox.9658

Thanks for all of the bags SoR. You tried to take a paper tower and lost your T3 waypointed bay in the process to JQ. Thanks for the coordination JQ, lets do it again

Considering you’re the only JQ player who posts messages like these in match-up threads, you should consider transferring to BG where you’d fit right in.

Prettttty sure pot is BG. Soooooo…. :/

Song The Fox
~(-_-~) RALL (~`3`)~
[FOX]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

pot does play on BG. He fits right in with the rest of them.

(edited by Moderator)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

PacMan WvW
Inc Happy Zerg =>
—-< V S >—-
Unhappy Zerg => <Runnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!>

(edited by Titan.3472)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Micah.8423

Micah.8423

Heavens to Betsy. All this 2v1 nonsense is making spend way to much time thinking of witty retorts. Listen, you need to take a look at the way WvWvW works. Let’s say you’re on TeamSpeak with a nice big zerg. Well, you have 1 of 2 options on who to attack. That’s it. If you’re the green server this week, you can chose to attack blue or red. That’s it. Now let’s say green chooses to attack the red server. Mkay? Then the blue server flips a coin and also chooses to attack the red server! It’s 2v1! IT’S TWO VS ONE! Good gracious! There is a conspiracy! Or there’s a 50/50 chances of choosing the same color to attack.

And while that is the way it is most of the time, yesterday was not the case. I met with leaders from both JQ and SoR in real life on Sunday night. I paid for their airplane tickets and flew them all to my private island out in the ocean somewhere. I’m not telling you where. I had to blindfold them all. Anyways, I made them all sign a document that said they would not attack each other for at least 36 hours so that BG would start losing again. Why did I do this? Well when I was a small child I was attacked by a bunch of Furries near a gate that was painted black. Ever since that moment I have hated anything having to do with black gates.

So, there you have it. The truth.

Fancybottom is best bottom.

in Match-ups

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

So yeah, I was on JQ last week and there were hordes of BG out during NA prime time on every map. I was sincerely hoping that you would be able to ride that wave of morale and keep up the good fight. What happened?

I so sad now.

in Match-ups

covenn.7165

Then we could also have someone from a spectator point of view streaming (maybe even with a caster?)

I can see how this will unfold…

- Both teams veil in
- Everyone starts spamming 1
- I don’t know wtf is happening right now
- Team X wins

- Then winning team struts around with inflated egos calling their opponents trash on ts amongst themselves and thinking they are gaming ~sUpErStArZ~ even though GvG is not competitive (there’s only a handful of guilds that actually care about it) and it requires very little individual skill (lol 20 people mashing 1) :p

I am only supposed to smash the 1 key? Crap, I am doing it wrong.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kman.7358

Kman.7358

I’m sure dedicated roamers and small group players on each server can agree that our playtime gets pretty boring when we’re reduced to ganking PvE heroes that get cut off from their zergs. /endrant

Iiiii dunno. Nothing like ganking a helpless PvE hero when they get too far away from the zerg. The best is when they try to run back to the main group like it’s going to make a difference. Poor guys.

Appeased -Team Riot [RIOT] – Blackgate
teamriot.org
twitch.tv/teamriottv

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wotah.2975

Wotah.2975

You know we’re fighting skilled servers when it takes two of them not attacking each other (literally disengaging when their zergs accidentally meet) to spawn lock the other on EBG.

That was sarcasm. Neither of you can compete on your own and neither has the ability to prove that they can.

:)

Maybe it has something to do with your incessant and rampant whining (the bg forum warriors, not necessarily you).

Wotah, Brutaler [SICK]/[SG]
Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

I’m sure dedicated roamers and small group players on each server can agree that our playtime gets pretty boring when we’re reduced to ganking PvE heroes that get cut off from their zergs. /endrant

Iiiii dunno. Nothing like ganking a helpless PvE hero when they get too far away from the zerg. The best is when they try to run back to the main group like it’s going to make a difference. Poor guys.

heh, PvE hero? In most cases it’s due to players not being in Team speak and never hear the commander orders to fall back, stack on me, etc. …. only to find themselves surrounded and all alone, haha.

Eventually they will learn the hard way…..

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sandman.4192

Sandman.4192

Its nice to see a great guild like RG taking a visit to NA T1.
But why you guys on the Eternal Battlegrounds!!
Cause on the Eternal Battlegrounds server of BG its mostly pugs running around, smaller guilds.
So of RG wants to fight bigger/organised guilds they most go to the BorderLand.

[SLAY] The Soul Slayers!! FSP EU
Prepare To Die!! Never Stop Fighting!!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

You know we’re fighting skilled servers when it takes two of them not attacking each other (literally disengaging when their zergs accidentally meet) to spawn lock the other on EBG.

That was sarcasm. Neither of you can compete on your own and neither has the ability to prove that they can.

:)

Would explain how when I looked at the matchup map online Sor/Jq’s bordering towers hadn’t been flipped in hours/days yet BG’s stuff was literally split up the middle between them. Sad part is, it literally has happened every night in this matchup so far. I think we should just abandon EBG during NA primtime, just to see if the two will go at eachother for once, or if they just take our stuff then map hop over to other maps to stop us.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jahn.7019

Jahn.7019

You do realize that EB is really “pug-land” for all 3 servers.

Doubt there is some grand conspiracy. Now if you saw that in all 4 BLs at the same time instead of just EB I might say there’s something up.

You guys should just stop whining, even if there was some grand 2v1 plot before, with all the QQing, you’re just asking for people to bring out more tears.

(edited by Jahn.7019)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cover Girl.2580

Cover Girl.2580

MERC STILL wants to cap something on SOR bl. That battle of the bay has lasted for hours now.

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]
(Borderlands Stationed Commander)

in Match-ups

Bash.7291

Doubt there is some grand conspiracy. Now if you saw that in all 4 BLs at the same time instead of just EB I might say there’s something up.

You guys should just stop whining, even if there wasn’t some grand 2v1 plot before, with all the QQing, you’re just asking for people to bring out more tears.

3 Nights in a row isn’t crying, just pointing out a pattern :P

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Match-ups

Jahn.7019

Are you reading the same BG posts that the rest of us are?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zen.8497

Zen.8497

Just means we’re the stronger server that it takes both servers to stop us. I take it as a compliment. Besides, SoR needs -3 wins to catch BG.

That’s funny it’s almost like you and another guy taking down one player. I wish I had a penny for all those compliments.

Grand Emperor Of Common Sense

in Match-ups

Posted by: Starscream.7803

Starscream.7803

Good job BG, way to kick kitten all day.

Got to do it for the whole week if you want to win :/

in Match-ups

covenn.7165

You guys should just stop whining, even if there wasn’t some grand 2v1 plot before, with all the QQing, you’re just asking for people to bring out more tears.

Welcome back to T1. I sure hope you enjoyed your trip to T2 last week.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Trimula.7651

Trimula.7651

WvW fighting in keeps and open field has been fun, much respect for BG and JQ.

I can’t speak for other servers, but I feel SoR has hands down the best solid core of Commanders that take the field of battle day in, day out. TS is all about business at time just making sure you hear the orders of the commander, and time when it explode with cheers after big intense battle. All players should keep in mind, Commanders that step up to lead, and move those massive zergs across the map are not paid employees of GW2, but are just everyday folks like yourself taking a break from the 9-5 job to have fun, so every attack/defense will not be sucessful, but keep going and pay attention to the commands given.
To all servers, give respect to those blue icons that move across the map. To All of SoR, give a big three cheers to our Commanders that refused to accept the results of the past weekend and forged onward!

Cheer, Cheer………………….Cheer!

[EG]Trimula

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zen.8497

Zen.8497

NOBODY discusses roaming groups or small ops. Hurts my soul that the WvW end-game is just blob v. blob with no consideration for small groups or solo players, even in discussion.

You’re doing it wrong.
Move to tier 7 or 8, somewhere at the bottom.

Agreed, there is also sPvP.

Grand Emperor Of Common Sense

in Match-ups

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

He has always been BG. We lost players like this a while ago to DB.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in Match-ups

Bash.7291

Welcome back to T1. I sure hope you enjoyed your trip to T2 last week.

Nice to hear that JQ is T2 material :P

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Raven Paradox.1860

Raven Paradox.1860

To those that complain about coverage…. it isn’t the dogs in the fight it’s the fight in the dogs. Think about it next time you become a bag.

in Match-ups

Jahn.7019

It’s ok, BG is already working on 2 OC guilds and 1 AZ guild to transfer to their server.

BG’s strategy to win: “Recruit More”

(edited by Jahn.7019)

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

During EU it was a massive zerg in SoR.

So many Trebs to take one tower.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Offski.4897

Offski.4897

Do bg not realise they have the dominant force in oceanic and sea times? Did you guys complain about your eu coverage last week?

As for 2vs1, ofcourse 2 servers take advantage of the side under pressure. I am sure all remember a wooden doored bay on sunday with jq and bg inside for a good 3 hours. It happens, its tactical = nothing more nothing less.

Offski
Necromancer – Sanctum of Rall[IRON]
http://www.iron-gaming.com/

in Match-ups

Bash.7291

It’s ok, BG is already working on 2 OC guilds and 1 AZ guild to transfer to their server.

I find this funny just for the fact that when you join a BL from the BG side, generally it is 2-3 guilds per BL. Where as you look at SoR’s side, you have pretty much Choo, Fear, TW, and Iron. Each one taking a BL for their own, sometimes able to cover 2 Bls with their extra numbers. It is like every time a guild comes over to BG everyone acts like its a 50 person dedicated WvW guild, when most of the time it is 20-30 person PvX guild.

Yes we have alot of guilds, we also have ALOT of PvErs and most of our WvW guild sizes don’t compare to the WvW focused guilds on SoR.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Match-ups

Jahn.7019

RISE puts up 40-50+ players
BT puts up 35-45 players
KNT puts up 30-40+ players
ICOA puts up 35-45 players
GoF puts up 40-50+ players
PRO puts out 15-25 players
RUIN puts out 15-20 players
RIOT puts out 5-10 players

As far as NA guilds go, BG is probably more stacked than SoR.

(edited by Jahn.7019)

in Match-ups

Posted by: kuora.5402

kuora.5402

I find this funny just for the fact that when you join a BL from the BG side, generally it is 2-3 guilds per BL. Where as you look at SoR’s side, you have pretty much Choo, Fear, TW, and Iron. Each one taking a BL for their own, sometimes able to cover 2 Bls with their extra numbers. It is like every time a guild comes over to BG everyone acts like its a 50 person dedicated WvW guild, when most of the time it is 20-30 person PvX guild.

Yes we have alot of guilds, we also have ALOT of PvErs and most of our WvW guild sizes don’t compare to the WvW focused guilds on SoR.

We’re really not that big. Most NA guilds run with at most 35 people in their guild. Others are pug members, and they usually perform worse than WvW guild members.

The ‘big’ guilds number-wise comes from our non-NA time guilds, but they do tend to fall off in open field capabilities, because their primary focus is to keep up our PPT.

¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸
[Aia] Amoria- The guild of pleasant love
¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸

in Match-ups

Bash.7291

BT puts up 35-45 players

And let me guess, Choo puts out 20? Ill check TS and count tonight, but your numbers are a horrid over estimate considering that would full map queue every map during NA primetime which only happens on resets.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hoots.9564

Hoots.9564

BT puts up 35-45 players

Found an even better list to find all the WvW oriented guilds on BG
http://www.blackgatewvw.com/guilds/
Look at all those guilds of various sizes, that certainly should be enough coverage to make BG competitive. Shame they are unable

[TW]Tempest Wolves

in Match-ups

Bash.7291

We’re really not that big. Most NA guilds run with at most 35 people in their guild. Others are pug members, and they usually perform worse than WvW guild members.

The ‘big’ guilds number-wise comes from our non-NA time guilds, but they do tend to fall off in open field capabilities, because their primary focus is to keep up our PPT.

TW and Iron I agree but they are pretty capable of putting up pretty decent almost map size zergs, Choo on the other hand I know is capable of those numbers, considering they had them back when I was on SoR for a short while a long time ago, and have since grown.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Taldek.6105

Taldek.6105

BT puts up 35-45 players

Those numbers are about right on reset night. Good fights this week. Alot of people needto relax and enjoy the game (it is a game). Welcome to the newcomers. Welcome back those returning.

Blackgate – [KnT]