6/14 Blackgate/ Jade Quarry/ Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nakoor.1980

Nakoor.1980

Then we could also have someone from a spectator point of view streaming (maybe even with a caster?)

I can see how this will unfold…

- Both teams veil in
- Everyone starts spamming 1
- I don’t know wtf is happening right now
- Team X wins

Oh I actually thought american GvG’s more looked like: 50vs70 with tons of siege while another 50 flanks in.

It is. We sometimes charge at them with siege golems as well. You never know with us Americans.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

BG is still in a solid position, we’re only looking at a five and a half thousand point lead as of right now. That’s nothing.

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves here.

(edited by Israel.7056)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avenge.1478

Avenge.1478

Uhm, the TS numbers last night for JQ BL were around 26 choo, 27-30 HL, and 25 HEL. So whoever that BG dude is who says we have one guild per BL zerging it up, youre wrong. We all ran independently and all encountered the massive JQ blob and BG Zerg. It’s a shame open field fighting on the other servers is all about stacking numbers, and not putting out strategic teams that work with one another to perform different duties across a map. Maybe your tactics aren’t working out over there with your blabbing guys :p

~ [DN] Digital Nemesis ~ Tarnished Coast ~
Commander Guardian of Rall :: Norn Guardian
Commander Getting Hammered :: Charr Warrior

in Match-ups

Posted by: Taldek.6105

Taldek.6105

RISE puts up 40-50+ players
BT puts up 35-45 players
KNT puts up 30-40+ players
ICOA puts up 35-45 players
GoF puts up 40-50+ players
PRO puts out 15-25 players
RUIN puts out 15-20 players
RIOT puts out 5-10 players

As far as NA guilds go, BG is probably more stacked than SoR.

Those numbers are about right on reset night. Good fights this week. Alot of people needto relax and enjoy the game (it is a game). Welcome to the newcomers. Welcome back those returning.

As far as SoR NA goes, our smallest NA guild of those mentioned is probably TWolves at 20-25 players and largest is TSYM at 40-45 players, CHOO has been trying to get smaller and only runs around 30 nowadays and FEAR has always sat around 30 players.

You also have quite a few of the smaller brawler guilds out there like HEL, VIG, PD, HL, PLUM, CDS that perform very well with independent defensive and havoc style action.

It certainly makes the fights more interesting per BL matchup. Even when pugs or other guilds fill in the zerg roster things like class comp, commanding tactics, and location keep things fresh. The folks complaining in this thread seem to lack an overall appreciation for the intricacies of WvW and why so many people love it.

Blackgate – [KnT]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Punny.9210

Punny.9210

Bros,

I’m not taking the game seriously but It really ruined the Fun in my free time when you 2 servers ( SoR, JQ ) helped each other in EB yesterday.

i’ve been in BG since Day 1 but quited for 5 – 6 months and just return though. I never seen this obvious double team before.

anyway good game, i hope Jq will drop to the lower tier. So we may have a nicer match up next week.

Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

You do realize that EB is really “pug-land” for all 3 servers.

Doubt there is some grand conspiracy. Now if you saw that in all 4 BLs at the same time instead of just EB I might say there’s something up.

You guys should just stop whining, even if there wasn’t some grand 2v1 plot before, with all the QQing, you’re just asking for people to bring out more tears.

3 Nights in a row isn’t crying, just pointing out a pattern :P

Welcome back to T1. I sure hope you enjoyed your trip to T2 last week.

Nice to hear that JQ is T2 material :P

Your words, not mine. I didn’t say that implicitly or explicitly.

(edited by covenn.7165)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zagan.5287

Zagan.5287

We at JQ are having fun beating you up Blackgate. Please comply and stop qqing!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Punny.9210

Punny.9210

We at JQ are having fun beating you up Blackgate. Please comply and stop qqing!

the main issue is SoR bro. not your JQ your point is not even greater than BG while SoR is helping. :P

Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

Uhm, the TS numbers last night for JQ BL were around 26 choo, 27-30 HL, and 25 HEL. So whoever that BG dude is who says we have one guild per BL zerging it up, youre wrong. We all ran independently and all encountered the massive JQ blob and BG Zerg. It’s a shame open field fighting on the other servers is all about stacking numbers, and not putting out strategic teams that work with one another to perform different duties across a map. Maybe your tactics aren’t working out over there with your blabbing guys :p

I love SoR, I really do and I have a ton of respect for so many of the guilds over there and what you guys were able to accomplish a few months ago with smaller numbers but please don’t try to pretend your underdog tactics of consolidation and map jumping did not create the blob meta we are living under today. I was hopeful once SoR started winning more often some of your guilds would consider returning their smaller scale sized roots but it is not surprising they are sticking to the plan or feeling obligated to dance with the one that brung ya.

JQ suffers a lot more in this regard having a lot of independently minded smaller guilds who like doing their own thing but we embrace our renegade nature and just keep on trying our darnedest. I must really need to play in some other time zones to get a chance to meet this JQ blob you speak of.

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in Match-ups

Posted by: Waage.2047

Waage.2047

Who cares about the double team.

YES JQ will target us over SoR because we are the softer target and JQ lack the power to really fight any of us at the moment by them self. It sucks because a 3 way fight is more fun, but that is not how this system works.

Honestly i like it this way. Running fewer numbers into a giant mob only to break a Treb to buy a few more mins is awesome. Fighting off giant zergs and bogin them into slog match is more fun to me then any thing else.

Last week we had no one to fight during EU prime and the little time i had to play was a boring drag with no one to fight. SO i say bring on the 2v1 and have a blast with it.

I would rather lose every fight as long as i have some one to fight. There is nothing worse then running out of targets and challenges.

It was the same in Warhammer the most fun i had was being outnumbered 3-1 and when that turned around we started winning that game lost every thing that was fun about it as the enemy zerg’s got smaller and we ran out of people to fight.

[RK] – Guild Leader and awesome Warrior – BG

(edited by Waage.2047)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fade.7658

Fade.7658

Bros,

I’m not taking the game seriously but It really ruined the Fun in my free time when you 2 servers ( SoR, JQ ) helped each other in EB yesterday.

i’ve been in BG since Day 1 but quited for 5 – 6 months and just return though. I never seen this obvious double team before.

anyway good game, i hope Jq will drop to the lower tier. So we may have a nicer match up next week.

I was on last night in Aldon’s Ledge trebbing when JQ took Lowlands Keep and SoR stopped reinforcements at spawn. There wasn’t any double teaming involved. We wanted Lowlands cracked, and that was the easiest way to get it done, after being pushed out numerous times by BG.

We tried pushing Jerrifer’s Slough after taking Lowlands, but JQ was dug in too deeply, and we couldn’t make any headway.

Anywhere else in the map, I can’t speak for.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wotah.2975

Wotah.2975

Bros,

I was on last night in Aldon’s Ledge trebbing when JQ took Lowlands Keep and SoR stopped reinforcements at spawn. There wasn’t any double teaming involved. We wanted Lowlands cracked, and that was the easiest way to get it done, after being pushed out numerous times by BG.

We tried pushing Jerrifer’s Slough after taking Lowlands, but JQ was dug in too deeply, and we couldn’t make any headway.

Yup! This is true.

Wotah, Brutaler [SICK]/[SG]
Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wilco.1458

Wilco.1458

Bros,

This might be the most logical thing I’ve heard on this forum, possibly ever. 1) It’s nice to break a waypoint and 2) it’s much easier to take a tower when it isn’t upgraded. Also, why would SoR want to pick a fight with JQ when they own Stonemist and are having Yaks (unharmed) ship supply into it?

http://www.twitch.tv/drwilco
Wilco Tango Foxtrot #lifting #hardwork

in Match-ups

Avenge.1478

I love SoR, I really do and I have a ton of respect for so many of the guilds over there and what you guys were able to accomplish a few months ago with smaller numbers but please don’t try to pretend your underdog tactics of consolidation and map jumping did not create the blob meta we are living under today. I was hopeful once SoR started winning more often some of your guilds would consider returning their smaller scale sized roots but it is not surprising they are sticking to the plan or feeling obligated to dance with the one that brung ya.

JQ suffers a lot more in this regard having a lot of independently minded smaller guilds who like doing their own thing but we embrace our renegade nature and just keep on trying our darnedest. I must really need to play in some other time zones to get a chance to meet this JQ blob you speak of.

Or completely disregard my point…

Play in the NA timezone and you’ll surely come across the JQ Blob from last night that the 25-30 of us had to fight time and time again :P

in Match-ups

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

Would the match up be better if it was

BG/SoR/TC?

Is JQ stronger than TC?

All is vain.

in Match-ups

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

BG/SoR/TC?

Is JQ stronger than TC?

Untested at this point, as JQ has never played TC. The matchup would likely be quite similar, however, with TC in our place. I think the only difference is that there wouldn’t be a months-old grudge match between JQ and BG.

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Masamoon.3864

Masamoon.3864

And let me guess, Choo puts out 20? Ill check TS and count tonight, but your numbers are a horrid over estimate considering that would full map queue every map during NA primetime which only happens on resets.

We put out anywhere between 20-35 a night. 40+ on reset. Last night there was 28 of us in TS but 24 in WvW and that shrunk throughout the night. We aren’t a megablob anymore. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Sanghae, legends can be true.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mance.5640

Mance.5640

JQ due to lower pop, is now able to get its wvw guilds into EB during NA. Mainly [SG] as we are assigned to EB this week.

We do build a nice sized zerg around us in EB, it has been really fun bashing BG up this week so far in EB. You can read the first couple pages of this thread to see why we are having so much fun doing so.

Mance Khan – Shadow Gypsies – Jade Quarry
“a friend of death, a brother of luck, and a s.o.b.”
http://youtu.be/wpoQk2OnbJs [SG since ’99]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

BG/SoR/TC?

Is JQ stronger than TC?

Better? In terms of closeness of the score between 1st and 3rd, as well as a good number of players to fight across all time zones, I don’t think it’s possible for things to be “better” than what we have now with this match. Any one of us that dropped down a tier (I use the term “tier” to describe the next match down the ladder) would win that match handily I think, regardless of the other 2 servers.

Regarding your JQvTC question, when measuring “stronger” by overall coverage and numbers, yes I’d venture to bet they are. I think TC would have a solid advantage during NA though. The thing is though, the third server in a match can sometimes have a major impact on the outcome of a match, as evidenced by the BGvJQvDB score last week vs what we’re seeing this week in this match.

Still, I’d be interested to see how a SoRvBGvTC match would play out, mainly because I find server coverage dynamics and rivalries pretty fascinating.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Self-made issue

Jade Alliance is more Guild than Alliance sized.
You’re intentionally hobbling your server for pride’s sake.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kreen.3925

Kreen.3925

BG and JQ running as giant blobs vs our 3x 20 man groups on JQ BL -> Still out ticking them :|!

Blobbing happens on all sides, a bit like the monster blob SoR sent to try to grab garry on JQ BL just before the patch last night.

I fight for JQ.
Kreen – Warrior L80, Mono Lith – Guardian L80
Higgsbosun – Thief L80, Silvron – Ranger L80.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kryyg.8576

Kryyg.8576

I don’t understand, last week against us, BG had huge numbers in all 4 maps almost 24/7.

This matchup it seems like they just aren’t showing up.

in Match-ups

Kreen.3925

No 111k chest thumping from BG?

I’m surprised.

JQ has been good today on the forums so that won’t be necessary, good job JQ! ! !

How long have you been in BG?

I fight for JQ.

in Match-ups

Waage.2047

I don’t understand, last week against us, BG had huge numbers in all 4 maps almost 24/7.

Are you new to wvw??

in Match-ups

Kreen.3925

To BG, frustration aside, we will win with humility and lose with grace, that’s the BG style.

Yep. That’s the first thing that pops in everyones head when they hear the term “Blackgate”: humility and grace. That, a spirit of fair play, and uncompromising ethics.

Wow, that rings so true for me as well, spot on, you shamrock wearing leather chaps sweetie.

I fight for JQ.

in Match-ups

Avenge.1478

Are you new to wvw??

Probably, because if he wasn’t new he would know BG gets demoralized once the weekdays hit and theyre ticking below 200 for 24 hours straight.

in Match-ups

Kreen.3925

It’s ok, BG is already working on 2 OC guilds and 1 AZ guild to transfer to their server.

BG’s strategy to win: “Recruit More”

They are not called the BlackHole for nothing.

I fight for JQ.

in Match-ups

Waage.2047

Are you new to wvw??

Probably, because if he wasn’t new he would know BG gets demoralized once the weekdays hit and theyre ticking below 200 for 24 hours straight.

Really chest bumping. Yeah there is a lot things i care about, but PTT is not one of them. So what if we lose?? Who cares… Every night i have 3 borderlands to fight in. Every night i have the pick of the crop of the fights i want.

Want to defend a keep. It is there.
Want to hit a borderland and small scale hit some one i can.

It is great for recruitment and i get every challenge i could ever want. I wish JQ would come out to fight also during EU prime, but i cant have every thing.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Masamoon.3864

Masamoon.3864

Go to your home BL then, Red Guard is lurking some where.

Sanghae, legends can be true.

in Match-ups

Kreen.3925

What was that megazoid you fielded just before the patch hit then on JQ BL to take garry? It certainly did not look like 20 folks in a single guild blob. I guess it it could have been 20 pet necro/clone mesmers…….

Honestly, cut the kitten. All servers run big lumps at times. To say otherwise is just taking the proverbial. Where do these kitten forum warriors come from, thats what I want to know, I demand answers!

I fight for JQ.

in Match-ups

Kreen.3925

Bros,

What the kitten does nicer match up mean? Would you like some flowers and chocolates when I hit you square in the face with my hammer?

Really been away for 5 or 6 months have we? Go check the score history. JQ is not going anywhere – deal with it or take another break.

As far as double teaming goes, its three way match up, what did you expect, 1 team to sit and watch while the other two fight and then take turns? Seriously?

Where do they find these kitten forum warriors? Thats what I want to know? I demand answers!

I fight for JQ.

in Match-ups

Kreen.3925

Bros,

Yup! This is true.

Exactly

I fight for JQ.

in Match-ups

Kreen.3925

Self-made issue

Jade Alliance is more Guild than Alliance sized.
You’re intentionally hobbling your server for pride’s sake.

There is no Jade Alliance, that boat sailed many months ago. There are alot of small WvW focussed guilds though, I’ll give you that.

I fight for JQ.

in Match-ups

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

I never really gotten alliances they all seem to break up from egos and destroy servers tbh

id rather just have the whole server involved then an alliance where someone always tries to lead

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in Match-ups

Kreen.3925

I wish JQ would come out to fight also during EU prime, but i cant have every thing.

We do but there are not many of us and I mean that most sincerely. Typically what you see are some Sea night owls, some early NA and a few EU prime folks. When we say JQ has vitually no EU coverage we are not telling porkies.

Now with RG visiting that is a bit different this week but they are still settling in and I would never presume to speak for those folks. I am sure you will enjoy the pleasure of their company soon enough this week….

I fight for JQ.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lydell.8713

Lydell.8713

Bros,

Was there too, BG side. Now, don’t take me wrong, unlike some of my compatriots, apparently, I had fun. Like you’re saying there, we pushed you back numerous times. Not only you, but JQ too. Which meant lots of kills and lots of bags, plus that feeling of being the underdog hero that I dreamt of being when I was a teenager, priceless kitten.

But as much as in the end, I really don’t mind about the obvious 2v1, I still find it hilariously sad to still see people denying that it’s JQ&SoR vs BG. You’re even telling me here that SoR camping our spawn wasn’t 2v1, it was, what? A tactic to crack the keep? whatever you call it, helping the entire JQ map with the entire SoR map against the entire BG map is 2v1, no matter how you call it. Now, nonetheless, it’s probably a bit sad that it took you guys so long, and resorting to such lame tactics to take our keep with twice our numbers.

But again, don’t take me wrong, I don’t mind that and a bunch of us didn’t seem to mind it, from what I heard, starting with our commander. It makes for fun weeks, and wiping the floor with JQ and DB’s faces wasn’t all that fun. Just, at least, have the honesty to admit how you guys work.

Until we get to face SoR without JQ, I salute you, forum and battleground warriors.

-Blackgate-

in Match-ups

SykkoB.9465

OMG WITH THE 2v1 talk

this is how it happens ok SOR HITS BG WHO we see is the strongest threat overall coverage

JQ hit bg because its just smart for them to do so. take the points where u can kinda thing

also doesn’t help when bg crys 2v1 on the first page of the thread just makes ppl wanna 2v1 u

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Micah.8423

Micah.8423

So all of SoR’s victories of late have all come from teaming up with JQ? SoR does not have a true victory in T1 yet? Is this what everyone is saying? Or are you just saying that SoR and JQ were teaming up yesterday?

Fancybottom is best bottom.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kathy K.6812

Kathy K.6812

OMG WITH THE 2v1 talk

this is how it happens ok SOR HITS BG WHO we see is the strongest threat overall coverage

JQ hit bg because its just smart for them to do so. take the points where u can kinda thing

Soooo… you just agreed that they are getting 2v1’d and even pointed out reasons why this is happening :P

in Match-ups

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

OMG WITH THE 2v1 talk

Soooo… you just agreed that they are getting 2v1’d and even pointed out reasons why this is happening :P

2v1 happens all the time. It is just the nature of the beast. If you haven’t learned how to turn it around and back onto someone else, that’s on you.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nuked.2360

Nuked.2360

Bros,

Was there too, BG side. Now, don’t take me wrong, unlike some of my compatriots, apparently, I had fun. Like you’re saying there, we pushed you back numerous times. Not only you, but JQ too. Which meant lots of kills and lots of bags, plus that feeling of being the underdog hero that I dreamt of being when I was a teenager, priceless kitten.

But as much as in the end, I really don’t mind about the obvious 2v1, I still find it hilariously sad to still see people denying that it’s JQ&SoR vs BG. You’re even telling me here that SoR camping our spawn wasn’t 2v1, it was, what? A tactic to crack the keep? whatever you call it, helping the entire JQ map with the entire SoR map against the entire BG map is 2v1, no matter how you call it. Now, nonetheless, it’s probably a bit sad that it took you guys so long, and resorting to such lame tactics to take our keep with twice our numbers.

But again, don’t take me wrong, I don’t mind that and a bunch of us didn’t seem to mind it, from what I heard, starting with our commander. It makes for fun weeks, and wiping the floor with JQ and DB’s faces wasn’t all that fun. Just, at least, have the honesty to admit how you guys work.

Until we get to face SoR without JQ, I salute you, forum and battleground warriors.

Lowlands is one of the easiest keeps to hold on EB everything is uphill and can be turned into chokes. We’ve had days where we fought 6hours in the lords room of lowlands vs two servers it happens its part of the game and everyone has a blast cause those are some of the craziest fights you will ever be a part of.

Destructive Nuked|ascending-redemption.enjin.com|AR Driver/Leader

in Match-ups

SykkoB.9465

lol Kathy everyone gets 2v1 in a 3 way kinky I know

and eb lets face it u get thos keeps 3 ways

1: pvdoor it
2: ninja it = bad scouts
3: 2 v 1 till it gets flipped

the spawn is just too dam close any other way its a fast run back esp with banner rezes

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in Match-ups

SykkoB.9465

So all of SoR’s victories of late have all come from teaming up with JQ? SoR does not have a true victory in T1 yet? Is this what everyone is saying? Or are you just saying that SoR and JQ were teaming up yesterday?

A couple weeks ago JQ and BG were only 4k apart… Then last week BG beat JQ by 111k since JQ didn’t have SoR to back them up. I expect BG to be able to do the same to SoR when JQ leaves this tier.

Well this is because the third server had less coverage then both the others turning it into a 1v1 and coverage wins out

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zagan.5287

Zagan.5287

BLACKGATE IS DEAD. Seriously, guys wtf?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Micah.8423

Micah.8423

Alright Kathy K. I follow where you’re going there. If SoR ends up in a match with BG and SoS or SB or DB and they still beat you, will you admit that SoR just might be the better server right now?

Fancybottom is best bottom.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cover Girl.2580

Cover Girl.2580

BG you guys do nothing but complain. The firs time you ever stepped foot in T-1 you jumped in, ran around attacking everything, pushed massive numbers and chest thumped more than any server I have ever seen. You got sent back to T-2 with many many cries of 2v1 its not fair!
History repeats itself and you’re back in T-1 now doing the exact same thing. If you win, it’s because you’re the most skilled. If you lose it’s because we are cheating and using unfair 2v1 tactics to keep you down.
I will say, with all honesty, that I used to sort of root for you. But now, I will entice everyone on the map with me to push you every chance we get because of the chest thumping/crying game. Page one of this thread was filled with BG pomp and bragging when you were 10k+ ahead of everyone. Now RUIN is posting rant letters about 2v1 and unfair practices? If memory serves me, RUIN was the ET guild that left to go PVD in some EURO server then claimed they were the best undefeated guild in GW2. Why is it that now they are getting trashed, the game sucks and SoR is creating MegaBlobs. Do none of you remember SOS? I believe they initiated the whole Megazerg, JQ adapted and BG adapted.. When SoR entered the mix, we had to adapt to it also. Just fight hard and enjoy yourself. If you lose, try again.

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]
(Borderlands Stationed Commander)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

If everyone here is playing to win the weekly matchup, you are all doing it wrong.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vlad.7529

Vlad.7529

2vs1 is BG’s favorite forum topic of all time

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cover Girl.2580

Cover Girl.2580

It blows my mind. They have two switches. One is brag, the other is whine about 2v1.

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]
(Borderlands Stationed Commander)

in Match-ups

Posted by: kevinskyrider.3271

kevinskyrider.3271

It blows my mind. They have two switches. One is brag, the other is whine about 2v1.

This forum should never be taken seriously. Not everyone thinks like this, you know. Any sane person knows that everyone gets 2v1ed in EBG, so you shouldn’t really even bother to respond to anyone who complains about being 2v1ed there. So if you’re gonna call them out, don’t call them out as “BG”.

Blackgate

(edited by kevinskyrider.3271)