6/14 CD / TC / SoS

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Atrophied.8725

Atrophied.8725

I hope CD and SoS are taking this week to learn from TC so they can improve, not just sitting back and letting the score run out.
From what I saw while commanding on TCbl last night:
Wear more bunker-type gear. If you’re dying, add more pvt.
You stack well, CD, but then you don’t move! Mean, I appreciate you standing in all my AoEs, and your retal stacking kinda hurts, but it doesn’t win you fights.

Xandra – 80s in all classes – Ele/Guard mains – [TL] – NSP

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fujikura.6754

Fujikura.6754

I hope CD and SoS are taking this week to learn from TC so they can improve, not just sitting back and letting the score run out.
You stack well, CD, but then you don’t move! Mean, I appreciate you standing in all my AoEs, and your retal stacking kinda hurts, but it doesn’t win you fights.

Yeah SoS tries to stack as well. We do good sometimes but then get overwhelmed or PUGs run out and get people killed. All good though we have fun fights out there.
I agree about the bunker gear as well. No idea how many people I see get stomped in no time flat running full zerker gear.

Sea of Sorrows
Swords of Villanousity [SoV]
www.villanousity.com

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

^

This also applies to us when we fought SOR.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

I hope CD and SoS are taking this week to learn from

Hope you take the week an learn not to throw numbers at people. You keep trickling in and dying until you simply overwhelm people.
Cragtop: you couldn’t build rams so you pvdoor the tower gate down with a group of 60+ players, then promptly proceed to lose 20 due to just zerging in (to a defense force of 15).
Sunny: you build a treb over the hill and open it up, then proceed to charge in and lose half of your zerg against a defending force of 15 people because you can’t use a treb to clear the arrow carts.

Thanks for the pointers, but start with yourself first.

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

Tips and advises are best given if asked. Keep it real guys.

Hope you take the week an learn not to throw numbers at people. You keep trickling in and dying until you simply overwhelm people.
Cragtop: you couldn’t build rams so you pvdoor the tower gate down with a group of 60+ players, then promptly proceed to lose 20 due to just zerging in (to a defense force of 15).
Sunny: you build a treb over the hill and open it up, then proceed to charge in and lose half of your zerg against a defending force of 15 people because you can’t use a treb to clear the arrow carts.

Good point this is. Some if not most of our TC ppl are very very squishy.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Quells.2498

Quells.2498

@Altie why so salty bro?

Leader of Contre [VS], just a bunch of zen adults
focus on Dungeons, Fractals and Raiding.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Altie.4571

@Altie why so salty bro?

I thought my first post was self explanatory.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ghedoriah.4290

Ghedoriah.4290

The meta in T2 really wasn’t much different from what we worked with in T1. SoR had some interesting tricks, but that was about it.

Sea of Sorrows

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Quells.2498

Quells.2498

@Altie Lighten up, everyone makes mistakes. /bow

Leader of Contre [VS], just a bunch of zen adults
focus on Dungeons, Fractals and Raiding.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ghedoriah.4290

Ghedoriah.4290

Yeah, sadly when numbers are your strong point, it doesn’t encourage good play. Same issue we found in T4. Just lost Ogrewatch on EB. Sitting on one AC, had a good 20 bags piled up around me just before the gate dropped, but that didn’t stop the 40 folks behind them. Who needs good tactics when you could just drop a gate with PvDoor?

Sea of Sorrows

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

Yeah, sadly when numbers are your strong point, it doesn’t encourage good play. Same issue we found in T4. Just lost Ogrewatch on EB. Sitting on one AC, had a good 20 bags piled up around me just before the gate dropped, but that didn’t stop the 40 folks behind them. Who needs good tactics when you could just drop a gate with PvDoor?

Bound to happen really, TC has a much larger population in general than it has a WvW population, and I guess when it slants too far in our favour a lot of totally inexperienced people show up hoping to capitalize on it.

Though the past few hours are usually pretty quiet on this server, I’ve seen like <10 people on EB now and again during the last match (the time before I was mostly on TCBL, and lately I’m levelling an alt). It’s funny because on the whole we can be steamrolling a server, then when I’m online we’re often outnumbered in turn, so I come in here and it’s like ‘what the hell are all these people talking about?! It’s nothing like that!’

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Athena.4682

Athena.4682

Each to his/her own. No point being angry or trying to taunt us CD. You want to leave, leave please. You want to stay, be loyal then. Rise and fall of empires aka servers is inevitable, it will happen to all servers eventually. No point being arrogant or being disappointed.

1 word = DETERMINATION.

Anyway personally and as a fellow gamer, to all fellow ex-CDs. Dont you feel happy that CD managed to get back up without your help? Awe, NAGA, EsF, etc, etc, etc ^^

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

Of course Athena is awesome. Goddess of War and Wisdom.

(TC does have a good sized squishy population but glass is SOOO fun! I don’t blame you at all for doing the same.)

After playing SoR, more TC are going Necro. That might help things. Condition City + Battlefield control.

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: RoninDB.9540

RoninDB.9540

I was already ahead of the curve, since I’ve been running necro from day one! :P

Also, I won’t be telling CD or SoS to ‘learn’ from us. Honestly, when SoR did it, I found it a bit condescending – so for me to do it in turn is distasteful.

CD’s push on TC BL Bay! I’m still trying to find my shoes from that one!

Enjoy the fights all.

Zero Negative [ZN]
Public Relations/Inter-Guild Relations Officer
Tarnished Coast

(edited by RoninDB.9540)

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

Ironically I had finally got my necro to 80 in the match preceding SoR/TC/SoS. Didn’t use it on them though; still need a tiny bit more gear.

I’m levelling a guardian now too, which I’m incredibly glad I’m doing after the necro, because the amount of guardians and elementalists I basically unplugged at the wall on just my upscaled necro with bad gear was amazing. Really don’t want to be unprepared for that!

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Altie.4571

Each to his/her own. No point being angry or trying to taunt us CD. You want to leave, leave please. You want to stay, be loyal then. Rise and fall of empires aka servers is inevitable, it will happen to all servers eventually. No point being arrogant or being disappointed.

1 word = DETERMINATION.

Anyway personally and as a fellow gamer, to all fellow ex-CDs. Dont you feel happy that CD managed to get back up without your help? Awe, NAGA, EsF, etc, etc, etc ^^

It’s contempt, not hate tbh. And yes, I’m very happy to see CD kept fighting. The community has never been friendlier until after the 2nd exodus. And I guess that’s the silver lining in it all, the negativity left, however that can’t stop me from labeling those that bailed for easier fields as traitors.
Ergo, to each his own as you said.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

1 word = DETERMINATION.

It’s contempt, not hate tbh. And yes, I’m very happy to see CD kept fighting. The community has never been friendlier until after the 2nd exodus. And I guess that’s the silver lining in it all, the negativity left, however that can’t stop me from labeling those that bailed for easier fields as traitors.
Ergo, to each his own as you said.

Nobody cares about your drama so don’t try and bring that kind of character/guild assassination here.
If you have a problem with someone/a group of people, take it to PMs or… get over it and realise there’s more to life than holding grudges against a bunch of people playing an MMO over the internet.

Awe/NAGA etc. are part of TC now so don’t expect people to sit around while you try and paint them out to be traitors/morons.

I like them a lot. They’re an awesome bunch of people who are always upbeat and, from what I’ve seen, never negative in WvW. Get over it.

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Altie.4571

Nobody cares about your drama so don’t try and bring that kind of character/guild assassination here.

You seem to care a lot, you keep quoting me.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: brynhide.1846

brynhide.1846

From my view, yes we had some people leave. Are we better off without them? Maybe, that does does not mean we need to loathe those that left. They had their reasons. People play this game to have fun. If they are happy in their new servers, that is awesome for them. Unfortunately those guilds have their own members that want to have fun in particular ways. They may not be as loyal to their servers as some of us, but that does not mean they are not good guilds.

WE should remember to have fun. Will we be labeled as try-hards? So be it, I play this game to have fun. What others do to have fun should not reflect a negative image on them.

We welcome challenges! We can not stand around and knock someone’s strategy at a time it seems to be working for them. We must adjust and fight the good fight.

To those CD is fighting, Tonic looks forward to seeing you on the battlefield. Win or lose, Limes will be there.

To our friends on CD, do not hold grudges. We are a strong community that still lives and thrives today. Have fun, and kill some red names while you are at it.

Synaris – PR Officer of Tonic: A Gaming Community

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Geez. The venom started quickly this week. Take it easy, folks.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Odinzu.9645

Odinzu.9645

It only took me 5 hours to take overlook….

SoS you guys are really good, you just lack population. Your base population right now reminds me of old TC vs BG. Holding onto Veloka and the keep as long as we can..

Good job holding out that long. I was being super aggressive too. Props.

Odinzu [EP]
Thug life

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lothar.8241

Lothar.8241

Will be my only post about this matter. We left CD yes, but it was for the good of our guild. The guild needed a change of scenery after months of mashing on doors. Did we leave on a bad note? Not really, it’s just a bunch of people who do not have a clue on what’s going on behind the scenes making the most noise. Those who talk a lot,know very little. We respect alot of CDers till this day, that wouldn’t change. And it brings me joy to see CD doing fine now. I was pleased when CD beat the yaks and especially Kaineng.

The misconception of us leaving for “easier fields” couldn’t have been more wrong, we’ve been rolled over by countless great guilds, and that only serves to make us stronger, which was exactly what we hoped would happen. There’s only so much you can learn from fighting guards and doors.

I’m not trying to discourage anyone to call us traitors and whatnot, it’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it, you can’t possibly please everyone in life, we knew that when we decided to make the move. But I will defend my guild’s name at least once.

All that said though, we’ve moved on, and clearly so has the majority of CD, maybe the small handful that hasn’t should take a leaf out of your fellow server mates’ book, and move on too.

Tarentine Fordragon & Drakebane, Lvl 80 Guardians.
Officer of Presence [Awe], Tarnished Coast

(edited by Lothar.8241)

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: woofie.5603

woofie.5603

That was fun. Good job, all.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: NotInTheFace.6075

NotInTheFace.6075

Just wanted to say great fight last night in the very early morning for the SoS BL garrison to TC. Those superior arrow carts x5 were nasty. That 1 hour take was sure a great fight. Amazing coverage at that late at night. Keep up the great fights. Curious though, RE guild what is with the running in circles in EB with a larger group getting wiped by groups half your size. I must admit it is harder to collect bags while laughing, but has that strategy ever worked for you? Also is there a point to it that we are missing out on? Not trying to be mean but I was truly amused. =)

Fur Sack
Fate Commander
SoS

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Phedre Scion.1520

Phedre Scion.1520

Uncle!! Uncle!! I cry Uncle!. Now after the last few weeks I have to pve to make enough money for armor repair

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: RoninDB.9540

RoninDB.9540

It only took me 5 hours to take overlook….

SoS you guys are really good, you just lack population. Your base population right now reminds me of old TC vs BG. Holding onto Veloka and the keep as long as we can..

Good job holding out that long. I was being super aggressive too. Props.

I remember those days! Now those.. those were fun times <3

Zero Negative [ZN]
Public Relations/Inter-Guild Relations Officer
Tarnished Coast

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Garreth MacLeod.4158

Garreth MacLeod.4158

The battle for Overlook Keep was crazy. SoS, you got many loot bags from my little Asura ele. I’m hoping one of you got a precursor out of it. You deserve it.

And if you saw a little Asura ele bowing or saluting, that was me. There was one point where one of you saluted back. That was cool.

/salute to all of you that defended Overlook. I know how you felt. We’ve been there before.

Leader, Phantom Coven – GW1 & GW2
Garreth (Ra), Elizabeth (El), Fiona (Me), Morrigan (N)
Ceana (G), Briana (Th), Snowbourn (Eng), Onchu (W)

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: bishop.7596

bishop.7596

One more thing @ SOS yeah thx for the help in CD earlier but hills was green when we fighting TC at garrison, so we came to help you after our TC BL spin took your bay keep and both north towers.. we’ll continue to be helpful when you’re helping yourselves to our stuff.

A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is brave five minute longer…
Alencon le renard du desert §Strength, Honour & Duty§
†Guild KöMÉ – A member of ConqueroRs Alliance†

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

This is a bit disconcerting… Tkitten que is ridiculously long and were ticking at over 600. The same was true last night as well. I think I spent about 90 min in the que and we were ticking close to 500 then.

However, last week, against SoR (aside from reset night), I don’t ever recall having a que. This I have to wonder.. both SoS and CD are doing great in this match up, but when SoR was in the equation, there were more fights overall to be had, as they were all over the map. So I’d think people would be que’ing for the opportunity for more fights.

I wonder, why exactly is the que so long when were ticking so high with less fights on the map? It almost seems like some of us are opportunists, that is unless they are running around for their traveler achievement. I dunno, it just seems kind of odd to me.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

This is a bit disconcerting… Tkitten que is ridiculously long and were ticking at over 600. The same was true last night as well. I think I spent about 90 min in the que and we were ticking close to 500 then.

However, last week, against SoR (aside from reset night), I don’t ever recall having a que. This I have to wonder.. both SoS and CD are doing great in this match up, but when SoR was in the equation, there were more fights overall to be had, as they were all over the map. So I’d think people would be que’ing for the opportunity for more fights.

I wonder, why exactly is the que so long when were ticking so high with less fights on the map? It almost seems like some of us are opportunists, that is unless they are running around for their traveler achievement. I dunno, it just seems kind of odd to me.

1) There will always be fairweathers. Always have been, always will be. They’re not real WvW players anyway, and usually not a threat. Just spots on the map and annoyances to those waiting in the queue.

2) Dragon event. We queued a lot of stuff on sunday and monday last week, and ticked as high as +355 against SoR/SoS those days. Once the dragon event started on tuesday, our attendance plummeted. I think everyone has, by now, realized that the dragon event is bloody horrible, and moved on.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: percival.1934

percival.1934

not sure at which timezone u play in, but last week, we’re usually have queue at TCBL and EB on oceanic timezone and NA timezone when either Odinzu / Nightlight leading the party.
and its not a huge surprise on this week that we have more WvW’er than last week since last week is kinda hard to get 100% map completion.
saw plenty ppl thank the zerg for their map completion today

Einclad – Tarnished Coast
Kalau kamu bisa membaca ini, kamu sudah menghabiskan waktumu untuk hal yg tidak penting :D

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rawr.5930

Rawr.5930

lol TC wrong week to actually go hard, where were these numbers last week?

I cant speak for all, but i know of many regulars who are taking the week off.

You’re seeing our fairweathers/map completionists etc… and there are alot of us lol.

Meega Kweesta

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

Another good night of fighting. Props to the TC and CD players who were dueling just SE of SM. It looked a good fight.

It is ok to embellish a little for server morale but during the NA/Oceanic/SEA hrs I played, ALL servers experienced wins and losses. There are players on all servers who could learn from each other. Learning is often best done in game.

Good luck, Please try not to threaten, accuse, abuse or belittle other gamers.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: sinthetix.8765

sinthetix.8765

CD has loathed TC way before they took some of our guilds so it’s only natural CD is a little bitter/angry. TC has the reputation of being a little bit, uh, tryhardish.

To the guy that said the rest of the CD guilds should leave too…. why? CD has been doing great despite having lost a significant number of large WvW guilds over the past few months. We finished in first two weeks in a row. We hold our own and our morale has not been better.

To the guy that said we should learn something from TC… what? Buy out more guilds, have so many numbers that you outman the host server in the host server’s borderlands?

To be fair, good for you TC. I’m just saying don’t flatter yourself too much. You have a good thing going but don’t get kitteny.

Anyway, Crystal Desert 4lyfe. I love this server and I love the recent morale we’ve had the past few weeks.

We’re a T4 going against T2 since we did so well against the T3 servers last week. It’s a big jump for us but we’re going to hold in there.

We might not win this week, but it only matters that we fight the good fights.

Nocturne of Thix, Lime Overlord and Community Leader of Tonic: www.obeythelime.com

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

CD has loathed TC way before they took some of our guilds so it’s only natural CD is a little bitter/angry. TC has the reputation of being a little bit, uh, tryhardish.

To the guy that said the rest of the CD guilds should leave too…. why? CD has been doing great despite having lost a significant number of large WvW guilds over the past few months. We finished in first two weeks in a row. We hold our own and our morale has not been better.

To the guy that said we should learn something from TC… what? Buy out more guilds, have so many numbers that you outman the host server in the host server’s borderlands?

To be fair, good for you TC. I’m just saying don’t flatter yourself too much. You have a good thing going but don’t get kitteny.

Anyway, Crystal Desert 4lyfe. I love this server and I love the recent morale we’ve had the past few weeks.

We’re a T4 going against T2 since we did so well against the T3 servers last week. It’s a big jump for us but we’re going to hold in there.

Could not have said it better myself, people often wondered how the t4 thread was so respectful in contrast to the other threads and one of the main reasons was that all three servers had something similar, they went through an exodus of WvW guilds and came out strong. So there was mutual respect in that regards that the people/Wvwer’s/guilds we were vsing were strong enough to try to make the server work instead of just jumping ship when someone shows 20k g to help you transfer (blackholegate).

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: mclovin.8561

mclovin.8561

Thank you Fellow CD peeps for all the fun in capping TC owned keeps 4 times on CD garrison 3 times on EB lowlands 1 Cap CD hills 1 Cap SoS Garrison.!!! Be ready TC that’s our new exp train cause you cant be everywhere at 1 time!!!! Good fights so far lets keep it up all 3 servers!! CD 4 life!
{KWBH}!

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Rawr.5930

Could not have said it better myself, people often wondered how the t4 thread was so respectful in contrast to the other threads and one of the main reasons was that all three servers had something similar, they went through an exodus of WvW guilds and came out strong. So there was mutual respect in that regards that the people/Wvwer’s/guilds we were vsing were strong enough to try to make the server work instead of just jumping ship when someone shows 20k g to help you transfer (blackholegate).

It’s largely reps from 1 server who have been stirring up stuff in this thread btw.

The meta is coverage, and will always favor the higher pop servers, it is what it is, doesnt make the smaller ones more or less skillful.

Although, numbers are a quality of itself, but to be blunt, zvz against T1 guilds is VERY different from T3/4.

Take what you will from it.

Meega Kweesta

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

It’s largely reps from 1 server who have been stirring up stuff in this thread btw.

The meta is coverage, and will always favor the higher pop servers, it is what it is, doesnt make the smaller ones more or less skillful.

Although, numbers are a quality of itself, but to be blunt, zvz against T1 guilds is VERY different from T3/4.

But what would you classify as a tier 1 guild anymore, many of the SoS guilds have plenty and plenty of experience in tier 1, more then the majority of TC guilds but you would classify those guilds on SoS as tier 3,4 material wheras you would classify a new recruit to say SoR as a tier 1 guild but it makes no difference. When we both vsed SoR last week yes the competition was tough, but as a guild we were still competitive occasionally wiping OCX,HIRE,IRON zergs maybe with more numbers maybe with less but to say that a tier 1 guild is superiour to a tier 4 guild just based on what server they are in is insulting to the many who decided to stick it out on SoS and CD to try to make it work. I would much rather have the guilds that are in SoS atm then MERC or ND again.

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Rawr.5930

But what would you classify as a tier 1 guild anymore, many of the SoS guilds have plenty and plenty of experience in tier 1, more then the majority of TC guilds but you would classify those guilds on SoS as tier 3,4 material wheras you would classify a new recruit to say SoR as a tier 1 guild but it makes no difference. When we both vsed SoR last week yes the competition was tough, but as a guild we were still competitive occasionally wiping OCX,HIRE,IRON zergs maybe with more numbers maybe with less but to say that a tier 1 guild is superiour to a tier 4 guild just based on what server they are in is insulting to the many who decided to stick it out on SoS and CD to try to make it work. I would much rather have the guilds that are in SoS atm then MERC or ND again.

I knew you’d take it the wrong way, does everyone have such a thin skin?

Different does not mean better or worse.

Also, the zvz meta is constantly in flux, what was relevant before may not be now.

When numbers are even, apart from some exceptions the honest observer will say fights are usually won by the group who got the jump on the other, everyone likes to think they are special but most arent.

Sos has a larger oceanic pop than most, and it shows, TC has more pop and coverage in most other timezones and that shows too.

This gap play has allowed servers in tiers NOT T1 get soft frankly, T1 is 24/7 fights, with queues likely on ALL sides, servers win fights by having superior tactics, scouting, strategy etc.

In tiers below, most the ppt is decided by coverage.

That’s the difference.

Meega Kweesta

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Atrophied.8725

Atrophied.8725

I think tactics from T1-T3 are pretty similar, and the difference is in coverage and overall WvW population rather than in baseline skill. I would say that SoR is probably the most coordinated server I’ve fought against, in that they have VERY high percentages of their zergs in voice comms, and multiple scouts at every location (plus defense teams at waypointed keep doors to prevent contesting).

In terms of guild skill levels, I think there are very high-skill guilds on every server, no matter the tier. ZvZ in T1 was not much different from ZvZ in T2 or T3 other than the numbers fielded. I guess T1 gets to the point where there are enough numbers to effectively do pincers, flanks and mass-portals without splitting into too small of a group.

The meta of zerg composition is different, too, between tiers. Those SoR hammer warrior/well necro zergs took a bit of figuring out how to deal with, and they wiped us plenty until we did (then we went 7-3 against even/greater numbers towards the end of the week.)

Xandra – 80s in all classes – Ele/Guard mains – [TL] – NSP

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Toggles.1783

Toggles.1783

You seem to care a lot, you keep quoting me.

lol

I thought the same thing when I was reading it. But hot dog did this thread turn sour fast!

Last time I checked we were (decently) getting along. Let’s all dial it back some, mmk? Love and peace on the forums, murder and carnage in the mists.

About these server transfer, I’m over it. What’s done is done and I don’t personally hold a grudge against people for transferring away in a game… more important matters in life to have a beef about.

However don’t act like leaving a server isn’t a ‘traitorous’ act in respect to WvW. Look the words up, betray and treason are used to describe traitor. Betray’s definition uses the word disloyal(check). Treason has a definition of “a violation of allegiance…”(check).

Cut it however you want but leaving a server is exactly that. (because it sure as heck isn’t exercising loyalty and allegiance) Deal with the truth and get over it like we got over you leaving. Just because it has a harsh and negative connotation doesn’t mean it isn’t appropriate.

Respect to RoninDB. Well said, telling people to ‘learn’ from them is going to be taken in a condescending way even if it’s coming from good intentions.

@Lothar, I don’t remember specifically if it was your guild or not, this is more of a ‘by the by’. What I do remember is just as SoS came down to tier four with us, a handful of CD’s night crew decided to leave.

If any of those guilds tried saying they left because of PvDoor then bollocks on that. Especially because that wave of leavers were guilds who previously said they would be staying with CD during the previous exodus. (which was extra burn at the time)

@DeadlySynz, Aye that’s one of the problems of the higher servers. No matter how a server gains it’s ‘claim to fame’ there will always be fairweather bandwagoners that come along for the ride. It’s unfortunate because in the full servers, it keeps the regulars from their main reason for playing GW2. CD had a big problem with that back during it’s T2 days. It was quite frustrating so I sympathize.

@Le Rooster, Yup, one of the nice things about enduring these guild exodus’ is that the server community comes out for the better despite the hit to the WvW population.

It’s also a great help to a server’s image and dynamics when match up threads are respectful, everyone ends up winning. Useless game drama may be entertaining to read at work or when you’re bored but at the end of the day, few people truly want it. (so I think :x)

None of this post was meant to troll or prod anyone so if you’re feeling provoked and just need to respond and ‘set me straight’, you’re doing it(reading) wrong.

Level 80: Elementalist Engineer Guardian Mesmer Ranger Thief Warrior

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: AlfieStowers.4219

AlfieStowers.4219

Have had some interesting fights over reset weekend. Need to adjust to a new server.
Although haven’t really been able to roam recently as trying to get to know how SoS operates and getting to know new guildies. If anyone from TC or CD wants to hold a fight club let me know. desperate to do some duels. Will def do some roaming over the week to see what TC and CD has to offer.

Ze Illusionist – (OG)

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

@TSL: Great GvG vs KWBH. I especially liked the part when they randomly attacked the spectators and got wiped.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: SniffyCube.6107

SniffyCube.6107

Thanks for the gvg guys! sorry we couldn’t bring more geared people because of father’s day but the vids will help. Pretty good introduction to that stuff

if anyone wants to do gvg’s on tuesday I will be more than welcome to try to set something up!

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

(edited by SniffyCube.6107)

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: SniffyCube.6107

SniffyCube.6107

@TSL: Great GvG vs KWBH. I especially liked the part when they randomly attacked the spectators and got wiped.

Lol… that was 2-3 people running in after we ended. A lot of guys like to kamikaze when we end wvws

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: dwahvel.7356

dwahvel.7356

^

This also applies to us when we fought SOR.

“stop patronizing us” -tc
“sorry we’ll push harder” -sor
“stop spawn camping us” -tc

last 2 matchups of sor/tc

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: urak.4863

urak.4863

It’s just a game, why so much hard feelings? ;_;

In the end we’ll all be traitors because we’ll leave GW2 for other MMOs or other non-gaming aspects of life.

I eat breakfast for dinner.

(edited by urak.4863)

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shazirah.8350

Shazirah.8350

I wouldn’t worry too much about the matchup. I think (though you may correct me if I am mistaken) some of CD will be taking a breather this week after two hard fought wins. Don’t know about SoS (they can speak for themselves, I’m sure!), but a lot of TC veterans refused to leave WvW last week when we were up against and getting beaten down by SoR. Now they can and are taking a moment to take a break.

Finally get this Dragon Bash stuff done. Maybe rock some goofy wings on my asura.

As an aside: when we went up against SoR, we learned a lot. Not simply by observing, but also because we literally had the SoR zerg and the TC zerg take a moment to stop, communicate with each other, and then push. After the wipe, feedback was exchanged. We didn’t find it condescending at all. This went on for hours – it was not only extremely useful but really rather entertaining.

This mismatch is on ANet. I realize that most of CD is happy where they’re at (and good, WvW should be fun!) and their particular style of play. But I do know of others – you know who you are! – who put in a lot of time in trying to improve the quality of your WvW. They find the fun in well-executed tactics and strategy, enjoy the challenge in improvement.

I have no desire in depositing any sort of feedback unsolicited because many people here obviously don’t want it and I have no problem respecting that; if you’re interested, you are welcome to PM me.

Oh and @KWBH: Hi!

@SoS: Y’all have got quite a bit of fight in you! Though I’m sure this is not as oppressive as SoR last week, hehe. Hopefully it’s a bit of a breather for you too. I get bored of PvE really quick and am hopelessly addicted to WvW – so from those of us here on the Coast like me: thank you!

(Maestro at) Not Another Gaming Acronym [NAGA]:
Resident Keg Brawl Premier League Champions
… with some WvW breaks here and there.

(edited by Shazirah.8350)

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Rawr.5930

lol yea, there are definitely things to learn from Trackstar Coast. Just watched as 20+ TC were pounding on LV doors. 10+ SoS show up and start buffing up outside keep on other side. TC takes off running…and leaves 2 or 3 behind to fend for themselves.

/golfclap

Edit: and you are correct. TC is generally more tanky. Whenever I find one solo I have to chase them across most of the map as they run away. They absorb a lot of damage.

another

/golfclap

You do realize that scenario plays out with EVERY server in the game, yes?

And EVERYONE on all the leet servers are pvp gods no?

Anecdotes like yours do nothing to but foster negativity.

Meega Kweesta

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Toggles.1783

Toggles.1783

In the end we’ll all be traitors because we’ll leave GW2 for other MMOs or other non-gaming aspects of life.

Rightfully so.

The difference is (hopefully) we won’t stick around the GW2 forums being disruptive like some people. I always hated when people stay just to post veiled “this game sucks” messages or keep boasting how they quit a long time ago. It’s like ‘move on already and let the fans enjoy it’.

Can you imagine Gordon Ramsay picketing McDonalds all day yelling “this food is bad!”. xD Maybe new reality show coming this fall?

Level 80: Elementalist Engineer Guardian Mesmer Ranger Thief Warrior