6/21 Yak's Bend/Maguuma/Crystal Desert

in Match-ups

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

Someone called us out on Reddit for camping the JP.

Here’s our our official response:

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

in Match-ups

Posted by: Runehand.9368

Runehand.9368

Gratz on outnumbering us. I hope it gets you laid.

Zherbus – Yak’s Bend
Bookahs on [AciD]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

What’s with the chasing down 2 people with 5+ is that how many it takes to kinda win? Where are your roamers?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

Actually, we had 7-10 people camping to YB and CD’s combined 30+. CD is currently zerging it down with at least 30 people. Really funny to see the same faces we farmed for badges until we hit the DR inside the zerg emoting on our corpses. It’s only impressive when you kill us whilst outmanned, not the other way around ;-)

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

(edited by Boonprot.6274)

in Match-ups

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

The implication here is that NOT outnumbering them would get us laid, somehow.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

in Match-ups

Posted by: Necro.6432

Necro.6432

Good fights tonight in YB BL , Last match up "while ago " with mags the numbers wasn’t as much as right now its numbers everywhere still enjoying the fights and the holds but its still numbers something shouldnt be proud of when you wipe groups , just saying..still have my respect for the defense in your BL and the fast response , still the same.

As for YB..“facepalm” , i’m sorry this is the first time but i have to say this , today you did some of the stupidest tactics ever, if we are trying to help you get something..lets just say BAY for example , you don’t attack Hills and get wiped , Read the map and [RAM] Please Do not chase or you get wiped " hence " north Redlake , Do not open doors for mags and then boof.

Daeronz | TDS Leader | WvW Commander

in Match-ups

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

I was going to shame you for not /bowing, but you actually did it at the end.
Good duels.

in Match-ups

Tricare.2946

CD camping EBJP tonight, you guys were a laugh. We had the outmanned buff and were still wiping you.

in Match-ups

Halo.8976

CD camping EBJP tonight, you guys were a laugh. We had the outmanned buff and were still wiping you.

Awesome video or didn’t happen.

in Match-ups

Posted by: DaikonSamurai.6714

DaikonSamurai.6714

lol they are trolling themselves. Pick up your PvF game…

Meh, not really. From the matches I’ve played, such shenanigans usually occur after we are pretty lax about the situation. It’s an after party victory celebration not a display of incompetence.

btw, you’re from Dragonbrand right? Apologies if you’re not, I’ve just started posting here and you don’t display your server name… :/

Just so you don’t feel left out, this video sums up my experience of the DB zombie horde in our past matchups…

Dragonbrand coming? Get out your lawnmowers!

If you are Dragonbrand, no wonder you don’t display your server…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wadeamis the brave.4320

Wadeamis the brave.4320

At first I was mad that you were mercilessly slaughtering my comrades. Then I saw the ending, and it was all OK.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rodigee.7139

Rodigee.7139

Wow Yaks Bend. Your sieged up north camp is one of the most pathetic things I have seen in this game. Dem trebs.

Paris – Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

Meh, not really. From the matches I’ve played, such shenanigans usually occur after we are pretty lax about the situation. It’s an after party victory celebration not a display of incompetence.

btw, you’re from Dragonbrand right? Apologies if you’re not, I’ve just started posting here and you don’t display your server name… :/

Just so you don’t feel left out, this video sums up my experience of the DB zombie horde in our past matchups…

LOL. I dont mind the shrapnel if it livens up this thread :P

I would put up videos of us wiping PYRO but we dont waste the hard drive space to show off us actually wiping you guys in game.(you are not that impressive so why bother)

but the point to my post, when reading it in the context of my other posts, was YB and CD needed to pick up their PvF game because mag forum warriors are leet and need a good opponent to make a good thread. I was never at any point hiding that I was not in this match up. Check my earlier posts.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Toxic.4320

Toxic.4320

What can we add to 3 pages of Mags chest thumping? Personally, I think they are ridiculous.

Ethos Mores [KWBH] Commander, Ranger
Nontoxicwench [KWBH] Guardian
Gefarhlich Madchen [KWBH] Mesmer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

What can we add to 3 pages of Mags chest thumping? Personally, I think they are ridiculous.

Yeah, we’re pretty great.

in Match-ups

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

I would put up videos of us wiping PYRO but we dont waste the hard drive space to show off us actually wiping you guys in game.(you are not that impressive so why bother)

I’m sorry, don’t hurt me irl. DB skill #1 NA.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in Match-ups

Posted by: rice.5376

rice.5376

lol they are trolling themselves. Pick up your PvF game...

btw, you’re from Dragonbrand right? Apologies if you’re not, I’ve just started posting here and you don’t display your server name... :/

Just so you don’t feel left out, this video sums up my experience of the DB zombie horde in our past matchups...

If you are Dragonbrand, no wonder you don’t display your server...

I’m sorry, don’t hurt me irl. DB skill #1 NA.

1v1 irl bro, then we can get IHop on 50.

Bacon, Bacon, BACON!
Bubônix: Engy
Server: Maguuma Guild: [PYRO]

in Match-ups

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

Cosmo says men who don’t get mad at video games are better lovers.

So yes, it’s helping.

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

in Match-ups

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Maybe you should try calling BS on posts that aren’t actually BS to try and sound smart

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in Match-ups

Posted by: fadetobrown.4502

fadetobrown.4502

i like how it takes 2 servers to stop us last night at YB BL

Damageburst [BURN] – Maguuma

Staff ele’s FTW

in Match-ups

Posted by: MaginaofAzeroth.7604

MaginaofAzeroth.7604

I like how CD trebs down outer walls but then doesn’t do anything after that. Kind of strange.

Paper in my Pocket – [Pimp]
Maguuma

in Match-ups

kerona.3465

i like how people start posts like this a lot

Maguuma [PYRO]

in Match-ups

Halo.8976

I like how I have nothing to add to this conversation.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Toxic.4320

Toxic.4320

Maybe you should try calling BS on posts that aren’t actually BS to try and sound smart

You are actually right. I did misread your post that night I read it as Mags feels that building siege in an open field battle was lame. For that I apologise. (see? I own it when I kitten up)

I, too, think that building siege in an open field battle is lame. Too bad more don’t.

Ethos Mores [KWBH] Commander, Ranger
Nontoxicwench [KWBH] Guardian
Gefarhlich Madchen [KWBH] Mesmer

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

You are actually right. I did misread your post that night I read it as Mags feels that building siege in an open field battle was lame. For that I apologise. (see? I own it when I kitten up)

I, too, think that building siege in an open field battle is lame. Too bad more don’t.

Thank you

in Match-ups

Posted by: SniffyCube.6107

SniffyCube.6107

respect @ mag from kwbh for the /bows at the cliffside fight just now

the good fights are appreciated

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

in Match-ups

Posted by: deracs.1762

deracs.1762

All open field siege is lame regardless of which server is doing it.

I am curious as to why? Not saying yes or no to it, more interested in views on this. Siege is a part of the game, curious as to why it seems lame to use it. For me personally the only lame siege in the game is sieging from keep to keep and that is (my opinion) simply horrible game design, and totally understandable that people use it

in Match-ups

Posted by: fadetobrown.4502

fadetobrown.4502

open field siege is only appropriate when you have 40 vs 15 and you’re on the 15 side

Damageburst [BURN] – Maguuma

Staff ele’s FTW

in Match-ups

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

I am curious as to why? Not saying yes or no to it, more interested in views on this. Siege is a part of the game, curious as to why it seems lame to use it. For me personally the only lame siege in the game is sieging from keep to keep and that is (my opinion) simply horrible game design, and totally understandable that people use it

It’s lame when a larger group of people siege creep a smaller group. So 60 people building AC’s against a group they should be able to smear themselves, such as 20-30.

Even at equal numbers it’s silly, because it shows you’re still not good enough to handle equal numbers.

The only time appropriate for open field is when on the weaker side.

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

If we are viewing WvW as intended, its pointless to build siege in the middle of nowhere, because that ground is not worth anything. If you are just a group looking to kill the other force and they siege up worthless ground, go take something of theirs, and they will leave. Your own fault if you walk into it.

If we are talking about siege at a camp, I would not call that open field, you are protecting points income, and how siege advantage is any different than terrain advantage, say using a chokepoint or high ground, doesn’t make much sense. I don’t see groups ever giving up terrain advantage for a ‘fair’ fight. Seeking that you should setup a planned team fight.

Where open field siege is truly counter productive is camping the other team’s spawn. While it makes sense tactically, win at all costs mentality, its going to lead to a boring experience because you’ll have no one to fight.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ordibble.3092

Ordibble.3092

I like how people assign a qualitative (and even now quantitative) value to an aspect of a video game based on nothing more than an arbitrary appeal to their own subjective sense of superiority. But then absurdity is one of my favourite things in this world.

in Match-ups

kerona.3465

I like how people assign a qualitative (and even now quantitative) value to an aspect of a video game based on nothing more than an arbitrary appeal to their own subjective sense of superiority. But then absurdity is one of my favourite things in this world.

too much big word
speak simple more

Maguuma [PYRO]

in Match-ups

Tricare.2946

I think he likes Magswag?

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

too much big word
speak simple more

Basically, having an opinion is absurd

in Match-ups

Ordibble.3092

Not quite. Having a blanket opinion that does not consider context is absurd.

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

Not quite. Having a blanket opinion that does not consider context is absurd.

Seems like plenty of context has been considered to me!

in Match-ups

eithinan.9841

Not quite. Having a blanket opinion that does not consider my opinion as correct is absurd.

fixed for you.

in Match-ups

Ordibble.3092

Not quite. Having a blanket opinion that does not consider my opinion as correct is absurd.

fixed for you.

How trite.

But seeing as you seem to want to put words in my mouth, please inform me, what exactly is my opinion on this?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Serenity.8246

Serenity.8246

What’s with the chasing down 2 people with 5+ is that how many it takes to kinda win? Where are your roamers?

I didn’t watch the whole thing, just the first 2 fights. Hope with the first one you didn’t think that was 5+ yaks, since most of them were illusions…..

Features Manager for www.yaks-bend.com
“We are a WvW organization! We don’t throw tea parties!
We burn them to the ground and put the teddy bears to death!”

in Match-ups

Serenity.8246

It’s lame when a larger group of people siege creep a smaller group. So 60 people building AC’s against a group they should be able to smear themselves, such as 20-30.

Even at equal numbers it’s silly, because it shows you’re still not good enough to handle equal numbers.

The only time appropriate for open field is when on the weaker side.

Does this count for having 3 golems and 2 rams to open a paper door? LOL

Edit: Mag, can someone from Thundercats [HOOO] contact me here or in-game?

in Match-ups

Tricare.2946

I didn’t watch the whole thing, just the first 2 fights. Hope with the first one you didn’t think that was 5+ yaks, since most of them were illusions…..

it was 5, pause at 35 seconds and count. I also can upload the rest of the footage while i’m down that shows 8 in the end.

Edit: Also I have illusion names turned off, all you see is their bodies. No pet names either.

(edited by Tricare.2946)

in Match-ups

Posted by: patricide.1062

patricide.1062

I thought Maguuma used to be the super l33t roamer server. Now, you fight 3 and 20 more show up. Not joking, there’s a 60 man zerg on EBG right now and a 40 man zerg on YBBL right now.

GG Mag.

Support Guardian – D/D Ele
[Rawr] – HoD

in Match-ups

Serenity.8246

it was 5, pause at 35 seconds and count. I also can upload the rest of the footage while i’m down that shows 8 in the end.

Edit: Also I have illusion names turned off, all you see is their bodies. No pet names either.

To the edit…really? At a 1:05 I distinctly see a red named character running after you that dissapated after you “killed” it. You did kill a lot of illusions and a few didn’t have names, but most did.

As for the pausing, it is too blurry to see anything paused at that time. I think I’m fairly sure I saw 3 actual players though.

in Match-ups

John Widdin.9618

Picture is now relevant to the thread.

I thought Maguuma used to be the super l33t roamer server. Now, you fight 3 and 20 more show up. Not joking, there’s a 60 man zerg on EBG right now and a 40 man zerg on YBBL right now.

GG Mag.

A few major guilds roam, but the general population never roamed to the extent you’re exaggerating. That said, we’re really in the karma train mind these days. I don’t like it.

Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

(edited by John Widdin.9618)

in Match-ups

Tricare.2946

To the edit…really? At a 1:05 I distinctly see a red named character running after you that dissapated after you “killed” it. You did kill a lot of illusions and a few didn’t have names, but most did.

As for the pausing, it is too blurry to see anything paused at that time. I think I’m fairly sure I saw 3 actual players though.

lol last reply to you, switch to 1080p and maybe that will clear things up, pause anywhere between 18-22 seconds and count them as they are running towards us (before any clones could be made)

On a different note, what is up with all you yaks and CD alt+f4’ing while downed? You do know that we still get credit for the kill and loot bags.

Edit: Just for you. I had that illusion targeted, yes the name will show up then silly.

(edited by Tricare.2946)

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

GG Mag.

A YB commander complaining about big numbers in NA prime time? That’s a new one.

in Match-ups

John Widdin.9618

Seeing as your on the forum right now, Tricare. How do you turn off Illusion names? I’d like to go make a post saying it’s stupid that you even can.

Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

in Match-ups

eithinan.9841

fixed for you.

How trite.

But seeing as you seem to want to put words in my mouth, please inform me, what exactly is my opinion on this?

You thought my edit was trite.

in Match-ups

Tricare.2946

Seeing as your on the forum right now, Tricare. How do you turn off Illusion names? I’d like to go make a post saying it’s stupid that you even can.

I’ll never tell!

in Match-ups

John Widdin.9618

I’ll never tell!

reported for exploiting. But seriously tell me pls.

Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]