6/7 Fort Aspenwood/Maguuma/Ehmry Bay

in Match-ups

Posted by: tiramisu.8706

tiramisu.8706

Just wanted to give a shout out to the guild [REKZ], wow you guys are good! I have yet to kill you guys! You wiped me like 6 times last night! Noteable I remember the fights at vale and at the boulder just south of briar (that was me in command for both). Even though I never won a battle, I had loads of fun fighting you guys!

Thanks for the kind words. We’ve gotten our fair share of wipes by FA / Mag because of how fast you guys respond to any given situation. Response time wasn’t really an issue in tier 5 so now we find ourselves looking over our shoulders, haha. We’re having a blast in this match up so far.

Wokfoo, Rokkasaurus, Not Daddy of [Rekz]

in Match-ups

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

I’d like some details on some of these ranger builds and such if any of you are willing to divulge any info. Specifically the one you guys offered to Evilzara, and she proceeded to then thrash me with 1v1 lol. I’m pretty good as rangers go, but kitten she dumpstered me soundly with whatever it was you guys gave her.

First step is first. Retiring Tooki the bear in favor of Karaama the cat ;(

Not quite sure why my pet preference would be a huge build mover, but I do get the choice of two of them, lol. Is it your patented RRR build? Sounds kinda tanky. How’s the dmg output run usually?

No, lol. I haven’t even been running my own build lately. Been running a protection-based variant focused on CC and cripples because it’s more fun. The bear is just probably one of the most useless pets in a fight is all. No lunges, mostly useless abilities, and low damage coefficients on skills. They don’t hit very often, and they don’t hit very hard in comparison ;(

You’re forgetting the two good points to brown bear. Condition removal and massive health for people who actually use skills like “Protect Me!” lol. But is that the build you gave Zara?

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

in Match-ups

Posted by: JaNordy.6149

JaNordy.6149

What happened to you FA? You use to have good roamers, I have yet to be beat by any FA player even 1v2 while roaming.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Steve Whitley.8359

Steve Whitley.8359

Looks like we are in the exact same position AR and BP was.

Sort of, except we are loving it! …

We loved it too… for the first few weeks too until it sunk in that things weren’t going to change for a looong time (and plenty of folks transferring over to the larger server too). imagine the prospect of this matchup for months on end with never ending trash talking forum warriors. tends to kind of kill the joy a bit.

Old Janx // [THG] Jade Quarry / Seafarer’s Rest
secessit viri bellatores

in Match-ups

Posted by: shagworth.5017

shagworth.5017

One thing I’ll give FA credit for is upgrading stuff as they take it on enemy borderlands instead of sweeping it like locusts/eating the supply and leaving it to be reflipped. Hope some of our zerglings take note of this.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evilzara.6378

Evilzara.6378

look at all these forum warriors, at least you guys win your fights here!

I miss you.

Commander Evilzara of The Black Tides [TBT]

Stormbluff Isle

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

You may beat Ebay in PPT

You may over whelm our groups

But you will NEVER win on de forums!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

I’d like some details on some of these ranger builds and such if any of you are willing to divulge any info. Specifically the one you guys offered to Evilzara, and she proceeded to then thrash me with 1v1 lol. I’m pretty good as rangers go, but kitten she dumpstered me soundly with whatever it was you guys gave her.

Not quite sure why my pet preference would be a huge build mover, but I do get the choice of two of them, lol. Is it your patented RRR build? Sounds kinda tanky. How’s the dmg output run usually?

No, lol. I haven’t even been running my own build lately. Been running a protection-based variant focused on CC and cripples because it’s more fun. The bear is just probably one of the most useless pets in a fight is all. No lunges, mostly useless abilities, and low damage coefficients on skills. They don’t hit very often, and they don’t hit very hard in comparison ;(

You’re forgetting the two good points to brown bear. Condition removal and massive health for people who actually use skills like “Protect Me!” lol. But is that the build you gave Zara?

Zara runs some Frankenstein hybrid :P Feel free to message me in-game. We’ll be going back and forth on rangers for weeks and bloating this matchup thread lol.

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

What happened to the Mag players?

All I see now are Tower Humpers, Zergers, and overall just horrible tendencies. What happened to the Mag of old where you could find roamers? Did they all leave or something?

I literally ate 2 MoA’s in a row and still lived……..wtf is up w/ y’all anymore?

Idk if you’re Ebay or FA. Earlier I was solo roaming around FA’s circle of camps. Probably 5+ cycles flipping every camp. Ran into a couple nice 1v3s though I lost them all. Several easy 1v2s. Didn’t find any challenging 1v1s. For the most part my roaming was PvE in WvW… bad luck I guess?

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in Match-ups

Jinks.2057

All I see now are Tower Humpers, Zergers, and overall just horrible tendencies. What happened to the Mag of old where you could find roamers? Did they all leave or something?

Idk if you’re Ebay or FA. Earlier I was solo roaming around FA’s circle of camps. Probably 5+ cycles flipping every camp. Ran into a couple nice 1v3s though I lost them all. Several easy 1v2s. Didn’t find any challenging 1v1s. For the most part my roaming was PvE in WvW… bad luck I guess?

Before you’d be able to see TONS of mags roaming. Now you still have a few, but no where NEAR what Mag once had.

Its honestly saddening.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Commisar.8695

Commisar.8695

Been running without shoulders or armbraces since Saturday without realising….This is what happens when I RP, oddly enough I was doing well today, like won a few 3v1’s

Colhearthlevel80ThiefWithAPet/BearhearthThe BoldLevel55BubbleTank/TushyhearthLevel18 CloneRPBot.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

FA’s fairweathers are also going to come out of the woodwork, so enjoy those tasty bags =D

That map completion and leveling alts. Ran into a PvE player last night on FABL who gave me their siege blueprints. XD

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

Before you’d be able to see TONS of mags roaming. Now you still have a few, but no where NEAR what Mag once had.

Its honestly saddening.

EBay and Mag seem to have about equal roaming populations from what I’ve seen so far.

In my experience, the roamers (myself included) really come out to play weekday nights after the weekend zergs dissipate. Spending more than 10 minutes at ruins island on weekend evenings and you’re guaranteed to be mowed down by a 20-30+ zerg.

[AoN] All or Nothing

in Match-ups

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

Its honestly saddening.

EBay and Mag seem to have about equal roaming populations from what I’ve seen so far.

In my experience, the roamers (myself included) really come out to play weekday nights after the weekend zergs dissipate. Spending more than 10 minutes at ruins island on weekend evenings and you’re guaranteed to be mowed down by a 20-30+ zerg.

No kidding. Had much more fun yesterday. All I’m seeing today is zerg zerg zerg… I’m actually 40s negative from when I started out at 2 am this morning. Just not a good day to roam I guess. Gonna quit while I’m not too far down and pick it up again in the wee hours of the morning.

Zara runs some Frankenstein hybrid :P Feel free to message me in-game. We’ll be going back and forth on rangers for weeks and bloating this matchup thread lol.

Well that hybrid flat-out kicked my kitten lol. Can always PM too. I’d prefer that actually, as I’m horrible with detail memorization in terms of build-type stuff on the fly.

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

(edited by KStudios.2850)

in Match-ups

Jinks.2057

Its honestly saddening.

You run away though and wait for back up

I think it was you unless there is copious little thieves in your guild

in Match-ups

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

You guys are going to see a lot of FA leveling alts this week…we have had a couple guilds advertise for it.

I suspect there will be a fall off for FA on the 11th, as I know that certain guilds were pushing for a big lead this weekend so they could do the dragon fest stuff during the week.

I’m sure all the servers will see a fall off this week of course.

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

in Match-ups

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

Jinks is the guy who trolls people by dying. Lowest effort troll on these forums.

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in Match-ups

Jinks.2057

Jinks is the guy who trolls people by dying. Lowest effort troll on these forums.

I gots another fan.

Welcome aboard and remember ever since my #1 fan was sent running crying like a lil girl the competition has been going!!

Who knows you might become Jinks’ #1 Fan!!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tetra Bug.7134

Tetra Bug.7134

“Everything good we do is because we are awesome and everything good you do is because you are a mindless army of keyboard turning zombies” said everyone in a matchup thread ever

(it happens to be true in our case)
(that you are all keyboard turning blob zombies)

Ur Kel – Warrior
AR → EB → DB → Maguuma
Arkham – [Ark]

in Match-ups

Xirin.8593

Its honestly saddening.

Well if you’re going to call me out:

1) Who are you? Guild/class? I’m the Asura Thief with SAB backpack and full Whispers armor.

2) I never run from a 1v1, ever. I’ll back off if I’m outnumbered.

edit: Illusion is a ~500 member PvX guild. Most are not WvW/PvP oriented, so it wouldn’t surprise me if a fellow Asuran Thief ran in a 1v1 situation. However, our core WvWers are heavily skewed towards roaming, and many solo roam.

[AoN] All or Nothing

(edited by Xirin.8593)

in Match-ups

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

So far Ebay has better roamers/ duels.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in Match-ups

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

I gots another fan.

Welcome aboard and remember ever since my #1 fan was sent running crying like a lil girl the competition has been going!!

Who knows you might become Jinks’ #1 Fan!!

what

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in Match-ups

Posted by: Karmik.2641

Karmik.2641

On behalf of our merciful King Z the Bored, of APS. We shall initiate mass golem rushes of the REKZ homeland. This is a declaration of open war against REKZ and any allies you may find aiding you in defense of your homeland. This decree will hereby become active once thy weak selves fall asleep. We shall ravage your homeland and make you regret your open mockery of our server.

[APS] Silo Menel- Guild Master

(edited by Karmik.2641)

in Match-ups

Posted by: SwitchJX.4928

SwitchJX.4928

On behalf of our merciful King Z the Bored, of APS. We shall initiate mass golem rushes of the REKZ homeland. This is a declaration of open war against REKZ and any allies you may find aiding you in defense of your homeland. This decree will hereby become active once thy weak selves fall asleep. We shall ravage your homeland and make you regret your open mockery of our server.

oh great, another Kalkz…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Comprissent.3856

Comprissent.3856

So far Ebay has better roamers/ duels.

I haven’t seen ebay in a group of less than 3 all weekend yet, it’s pretty annoying

GM – [Ark]ham

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fox.3562

Fox.3562

lol

Potato Plant
Good Fights [GF] Mesmer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

Chest thumping on the forums about late night golem rushes against a server with little to no night time population. /slowclap.

Threatening a bunch of PvDoor is for angry pretend soldiers. Angry Pretend Soldiers. Heh. I like that.

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

(edited by Faux Sheaux.6179)

in Match-ups

Posted by: tiramisu.8706

tiramisu.8706

Hey, bro. I have work on Monday so I go to sleep around 9pm server time. That should be a perfect time to initiate operation take over empty BL.

-Rekz leader

Wokfoo, Rokkasaurus, Not Daddy of [Rekz]

in Match-ups

Jinks.2057

Its honestly saddening.

1) Who are you? Guild/class? I’m the Asura Thief with SAB backpack and full Whispers armor.

edit: Illusion is a ~500 member PvX guild. Most are not WvW/PvP oriented, so it wouldn’t surprise me if a fellow Asuran Thief ran in a 1v1 situation. However, our core WvWers are heavily skewed towards roaming, and many solo roam.

That was literally the only contact with your guild that I’ve had.

And if you see me in game you’ll kniw who I am

in Match-ups

Xirin.8593

Its honestly saddening.

Just answer the question. I’m not asking for your SSN and credit card info.

If you’re just trolling, then just keep on keeping on, I guess.

[AoN] All or Nothing

in Match-ups

Jinks.2057

Its honestly saddening.

When u see me you’ll understand…..Its literally so easy BP figured it out.

in Match-ups

Xirin.8593

Its honestly saddening.

Pathetic.

[AoN] All or Nothing

in Match-ups

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Oh god, another Kalkz. I suddenly expect him to pop in here and say, “I shall call him…‘Mini Me’.”

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Match-ups

Posted by: Karmik.2641

Karmik.2641

Hey, bro. I have work on Monday so I go to sleep around 9pm server time. That should be a perfect time to initiate operation take over empty BL.

-Rekz leader

Ok thanks.

[APS] Silo Menel- Guild Master

in Match-ups

Posted by: StealthSnake.9134

StealthSnake.9134

Hey Jinks, can you please show this lowly Maguuman how to be a super pro player like you are.

I can only kitten talk on the forums, and don’t know any better.

Stealth Snake – Necro
Maguuma~ : 3

in Match-ups

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Its honestly saddening.

Pathetic.

Jinks is the CoS roamer thief that trolls you by dying.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sorenstam Blackrose.8425

Sorenstam Blackrose.8425

Oh god, another Kalkz. I suddenly expect him to pop in here and say, “I shall call him…‘Mini Me’.”

Except he won’t be doing that any time soon.

Voice on the Wind – Druid
Brorannosaurus [Rekz] – Formerly Less Talkin More [Sekz]
Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kaga.7629

Kaga.7629

I love this week’s matchup. All the servers want to fight, all have “blanket zergs” that are spread out and will engage, retreat…. i’m loving it so much. While I feel mag will probably lose the matchup to FA’s powerhouse krewe, I feel like we’re going down punching. Also, SOOOO GLAD dragonbrand and this kittenty “nightcapping 98% of the wuvwuvpie while you sleep” antics are gone with them.

I told everyone in my guild that their homework was fighting the FA guys this week. I remember the other times we were in a matchup with FA, and FA was the server to beat, to watch and to study at every other time. And i’m happy to see that i’m doing very well this week against the “average” Fa wuvwuver.

—Kaga Konikora (aka ze evil frostkeep defense director)
Beware, for Commander Kaga farms j00, ktrainer!
r.i.p [iLL] Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bacon Please.8407

Bacon Please.8407

Cheers Guy from [Finn] for partying me to insult me after I beat you in a 1v1 and let you res, only for you to insult me and proceed to attack me whilst I didn’t respond until I downed in the water, where you failed to actually kill me. I understand you’re angry about the ranger BM apothecary build, sadly I’m not…even running it, so congrats for insulting me over my cheap build which I don’t actually use.

You actually never beat me. I downed you two times and you ran to the water. and would continue to have your pet out heal me. Then we killed you on the shore once. That is all. By all means. If you feel that you can beat me instead of making up some non-sense on the forums Send me a mail in game, I would be more then happy to down you yet again. What you have there is a picture of me insulting you because you are trash.

We all like to [FARM] Guild Leader
Jade Quarry

(edited by Bacon Please.8407)

in Match-ups

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

You downed a ranger and then he ran into the water? Would someone please remove mist form from rangers they are getting way too OP.

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: CAA.9653

CAA.9653

I hope EB and Mag are not disapointed in FA. Due to our relatively one sided match up, we are getting a lot of roamers and non-WvW players (for better or worse) who do not coordinate well with the main militia, which is keeping of the regular WvW’ers from getting in due to queues and some of the mainstream commanders away.

And I can tell you that a lot of FA, including myself, are very impressed with Rekz and some of the other guilds we have faced, and we are just trolling you guys. I haven’t really faced Mag a lot yet, but it is still just the weekend.

And yes, we are going to roll over your borderlands while you are sleeping. We have the man power for that. =P

And keep in mind. We have a lot of trolls who do not represent or speak for the server.

Guardian – Cameid, but my friends call me Cam

in Match-ups

Jinks.2057

Its honestly saddening.

Pathetic.

Jinks is the CoS roamer thief that trolls you by dying.

I made it even easier for my fans to identify me……i know omgshockface

Either way I’m not impressed w/ anything Mag has fielded. Before I loved to fight mag…it was talented fights, roaming, spontaneous GvG in the open, but now its just zerg zerg zerg zerg zerg.

I truly am sad that your server has gotten that way. I used to love to fight you fellas, but now I see that Ebay is more talented……….sooo sad honestly.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

FA full queue wiping to a PYRO 35-man in FA BL and they start AC siege creeping. Sad. We came here for good fights, not siege wars

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in Match-ups

Jinks.2057

Hey Jinks, can you please show this lowly Maguuman how to be a super pro player like you are.

Dude from the bottom of my heart I give you this advice:

Transfer off your server.

in Match-ups

Posted by: StealthSnake.9134

StealthSnake.9134

B-but I just want to be super duper pro like you. Please show me.

Also, no ty from Ehmry for taking Overlook for them?

Stealth Snake – Necro
Maguuma~ : 3

in Match-ups

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

thats it im transfering to emery bay

in Match-ups

Jinks.2057

B-but I just want to be super duper pro like you. Please show me.

Also, no ty from Ehmry for taking Overlook for them?

The way hath been shown.

I can’t walketh the path for ye!!!

in Match-ups

Jinks.2057

thats it im transfering to emery bay

No absolutely not!

All kidding/trolling aside………we want NO ONE to xfer to our server.

I don’t want to end up like Mags….kitten that kitten

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ralathar.7236

Ralathar.7236

LOL nice fights tonight. Just wish Ebay had a few more players to sling out there. Feels like we were perpetually facing outmanned tonight but that didn’t stop us from diving into the fray and even taking alot of our stuff back.

Expect to see Ebay and PK out there fighting no matter how many waves of men FA sends at us. Also, Maguuma, I want to hate you from the old days but I find myself respecting alot of the stuff you’ve done. Might try to NOT backslam us while we are pushing FA out of your borderlands (to get our little corner of it) a bit less, but otherwise pretty solid.

But seriously, FA:

I keep trying to look for the good guild groups and organization but it gets lost amongst your zergs that contain your entire population cap in once place. And geez, I know it’s alot of alts and PVE’rs but you guys die so very easily.

Rashanala – 80 Elementalist
Ehmry Bay – Legion of the Iron Hawk [Hawk]

(edited by Ralathar.7236)

in Match-ups

Jinks.2057

LOL nice fights tonight. Just wish Ebay had a few more players to sling out there. Feels like we were perpetually facing outmanned tonight but that didn’t stop us from diving into the fray and even taking alot of our stuff back.

Expect to see Ebay and PK out there fighting no matter how many waves of men FA sends at us. Also, Maguuma, I want to hate you from the old days but I find myself respecting alot of the stuff you’ve done. Might try to NOT backslam us while we are pushing FA out of your borderlands (to get our little corner of it) a bit less, but otherwise pretty solid.

But seriously, FA:

I keep trying to look for the good guild groups and organization but it gets lost amongst your zergs that contain your entire population cap in once place. And geez, I know it’s alot of alts and PVE’rs but you guys die so very easily.

The devil is snowboarding…..Rala just dropped a kitten talking line

OMG!!!! BAN HIM!!!!!