7/12 Dragonbrand/Maguuma/Yak's Bend

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

Where’d the fragile egos thing come from? I die a lot in this game and lose a lot of duels.

Probably the “egotistical” in our guild name lol I blame Cress for this mess!!!!!!!!!!

rename to Razi Sweat Lickers

in Match-ups

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Where’d the fragile egos thing come from? I die a lot in this game and lose a lot of duels.

Probably the “egotistical” in our guild name lol I blame Cress for this mess!!!!!!!!!!

rename to Razi Sweat Lickers

has a nice ring to it

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in Match-ups

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

I wish I too could be proud of 50k points like it’s my personal achievement.
http://youtu.be/PIb6AZdTr-A

in Match-ups

Posted by: Benjamin.6235

Benjamin.6235

The view some have of [DERP] from the outside amuses and confuses me.

The problem with looking for an even match is that none really exist. I do think DB is on the extreme side of things with NNK o’clock, but still. It’s better than grabbing a server from a far lower tier. Those guys don’t even show up on the map and our fairweathers come running in making it near impossible to find any fun. At least when heavily outnumbered you can sneak around and find something of interest.

There’s just nothing anet can do about this anymore. They’ve screwed up too many things that I just don’t think can be fixed. Free transfers, no oceanic servers on launch, and a wonky ranking system caused these clusterkitten matchups with servers that can’t be undone now. Best just to ride it out until anet implements a good gvg system, because I doubt they’ll ever be able to improve wvw.

[DERP] – Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

The view some have of [DERP] from the outside amuses and confuses me.

The problem with looking for an even match is that none really exist. I do think DB is on the extreme side of things with NNK o’clock, but still. It’s better than grabbing a server from a far lower tier. Those guys don’t even show up on the map and our fairweathers come running in making it near impossible to find any fun. At least when heavily outnumbered you can sneak around and find something of interest.

There’s just nothing anet can do about this anymore. They’ve screwed up too many things that I just don’t think can be fixed. Free transfers, no oceanic servers on launch, and a wonky ranking system caused these clusterkitten matchups with servers that can’t be undone now. Best just to ride it out until anet implements a good gvg system, because I doubt they’ll ever be able to improve wvw.

I disagree. They can save WvW by destroying what it is now. Use these random matches to balance the servers. Open up free transfers for a limited but not short time(1-2 months) then stop random matches and transfers for 1-2 months with a winner goes up and loser goes down system which will settle the glicko scores. then random matches can start again with a little more moderation. I mean last week it was us and tc and ehmry bay. Thats a wtf right there.

in Match-ups

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

every single week spare two has been a tier 2 server and a tier 4-5 server for maguuma since this system started. the first week that wasn’t was two tier 5 servers. the second was two tier 2 servers. we have not met the other tier 3 servers in battle together at any point.

to make matters worse, we’re seeing looting of other servers in terms of guilds. the servers that were below us have lost a substantial number of guilds to tier 1 and tier 2 servers. so as the opponents below us grow weaker, the gap between us and tier 2 gets bigger.

this system is NOT working and will continue to not work until it is changed.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

(edited by kerona.3465)

in Match-ups

Posted by: StealthSnake.9134

StealthSnake.9134

There isn’t really an incentive to stay in the lower tiers. All servers will continue losing players no matter what because of irl stuff, Anet’s decisions, and/or getting burnt out. The only difference is that the lower tier servers will slowly fade away while those in dying servers transfer to only populated servers. It’s pretty much the reason why those server stay populated.

Stealth Snake – Necro
Maguuma~ : 3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Calvin.5380

Calvin.5380

Such a boring match. The swag is missing, as usual, because large Mag guilds don’t turn up in losing matches. Even EB brought better fights last week.

We tried to find ME, the only Mags guild that plays open field, but I guess you guys were not on.

Sigh! Hope we draw TC/FA/JQ next week.

Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

Such a boring match. The swag is missing, as usual, because large Mag guilds don’t turn up in losing matches. Even EB brought better fights last week.

We tried to find ME, the only Mags guild that plays open field, but I guess you guys were not on.

Sorry i had too much crab & liquor to raid tonight. we’ll tango on the weekdays when my guild logs on and raids. Hope to see u on the field cutie ! ! !!!!!

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lenador.1436

Lenador.1436

T.T forums so boring

Cön-Guardian DB
[Con] Supreme Team of Con

in Match-ups

Halo.8976

You win again, gravity! – PYRO&HDA GvG

http://youtu.be/Zs5B_X4NX9I

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: x per fection x.2096

x per fection x.2096

I showed up right on time…. to lose my 25 stacks

http://youtu.be/OOneaeSRKng

If Anet doesn’t fix this wvw system then this is what’s going to happen to the GW2 population.

[Ark]Noober

in Match-ups

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

I see you removed your guilds from your signature. What happened?

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in Match-ups

Posted by: amanda.6178

amanda.6178

Dear Dragonbrand,

I wrote you a poem. I hope you like it.

Everything Is Green
by Raf

The world has become green
Like my pallor when I gaze
Upon the sea red names
Faceless in their mass

Like a school of moonfish
Gliding through fields
And fording rivers
A red swarm

Never alone.

Please get eaten by a whale.

Love,
Raf <3

Rafiira | Guardian/Mesmer/Ranger
[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gellor.6497

Gellor.6497

Dear Dragonbrand,

I wrote you a poem. I hope you like it.

Everything Is Green
by Raf

The world has become green
Like my pallor when I gaze
Upon the sea red names
Faceless in their mass

Like a school of moonfish
Gliding through fields
And fording rivers
A red swarm

Never alone.

Please get eaten by a whale.

Love,
Raf <3

Nice poem

Bodacious Gellor/Adela Grace/Cherry Poptartz [rB]
www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

DB’s fairweather guilds are back in full force this week.
Welcome back. =D

~ Kovu

Attachments:

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

in Match-ups

Halo.8976

So we discovered what commander icon gives a buff of awesomeness and took DB’s west keep. Nite.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Runehand.9368

Runehand.9368

I also think running a half-dozen commander tags is effective.

Zherbus – Yak’s Bend
Bookahs on [AciD]

in Match-ups

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

I’m so glad you got this on video, but I’m sad you didn’t get the mass /salute *.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in Match-ups

Posted by: Truearrow.3527

Truearrow.3527

Although many of us are a bit burnt out from losing our upgrades daily in these matchups and getting trampled by 30vs1 zergblobs I think we proved here this morning that we can still make the ground shake. It was fun to combine all of our forces and go see how many holes we can blow in DB’s stuff. More good fights coming, they are coming very soon.

Attachments:

Embrace the Evil [TIE][PYRO] Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

It just wouldn’t feel right any other way.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

So we discovered what commander icon gives a buff of awesomeness and took DB’s west keep. Nite.

I’ve always wondered if there was a maximum number of commander tags per map, I guess 17 isn’t it.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in Match-ups

Halo.8976

I’m so glad you got this on video, but I’m sad you didn’t get the mass /salute *.

You can’t always get what you want…
http://youtu.be/XIX0ZDqDljA

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

We took their East keep couple hours later, but had 1/10th that many.

in Match-ups

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

Although many of us are a bit burnt out from losing our upgrades daily in these matchups and getting trampled by 30vs1 zergblobs I think we proved here this morning that we can still make the ground shake. It was fun to combine all of our forces and go see how many holes we can blow in DB’s stuff. More good fights coming, they are coming very soon.

This shows what a standout guild ME is on mags. Really a top notch team that the rest of maguuma WvW can learn from. There is nothing wrong or embarrassing about losing a keep or 2 to them. They know what they are doing and are quality opponents.

in Match-ups

Benjamin.6235

What’s with the ME obsession in this thread? They’re a good group of players, but I’ve never seen them singled out like this before.

It’s interesting how our best four or five guilds fill out a spectrum between extreme bowling ball and extreme kite. We all converse and borrow builds and ideas from each other, but our comps will always be different and we’ll always play differently.

[DERP] – Maguuma

in Match-ups

Halo.8976

We took their East keep couple hours later, but had 1/10th that many.

Their east keep was without WP, if I remember correctly. Obviously it requires only 1/10th of 17 commanders.

in Match-ups

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

Rekka is a botter I see him double dancing in LA.

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in Match-ups

Calvin.5380

What’s with the ME obsession in this thread? They’re a good group of players, but I’ve never seen them singled out like this before.

It’s interesting how our best four or five guilds fill out a spectrum between extreme bowling ball and extreme kite. We all converse and borrow builds and ideas from each other, but our comps will always be different and we’ll always play differently.

Because they are the only ones who come out to fight in open field. And when they’re out, other mag guilds also grow some spine, and come out. Every other guild on Mags runs away from even even-numbered fights. Fact.

Mags would do well to learn from [ME].

Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vash.9183

Vash.9183

So, are any more DB SEA guilds going to leave? Just saw [AT] on SoR.

Cór
Mithril Footman
Ultimate Dominator

in Match-ups

Benjamin.6235

Why are you attempting to troll us by complimenting a guild we greatly respect that would most likely defend us against you? It’s silly. There’s absolutely no one that would believe that they’re the only Maguuma guild that fights open field, so you really need to take a moment and ponder how you’ve gotten to this place of ridiculous fail trolling. It’s disappointing, but I still got faith in you.

[DERP] – Maguuma

in Match-ups

Halo.8976

but I still got faith in you.

http://youtu.be/lu3VTngm1F0

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

TC trolls would do well to learn from Calvin.

[AoN] All or Nothing

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

TC trolls would do well to learn from Calvin.

I dunno man, his trolling has slipped in recent days. Maybe he needs to learn from Bunzy before he teaches TC.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Naytron.7831

Naytron.7831

To all the guilds interested in GvG’s, you may register your guild at http://www.gw2gvg.com/ for a more convenient way to organize and search for opposing guilds!

Nate
[NS] – Jade Quarry
Night Shift Guild Leader

in Match-ups

Calvin.5380

Deny all you will, fact remains that large mag guilds stop doing WvW when they’re losing. The PPT tells the story… Yak’s are doing an admirable job, and may even overtake Mags.

I feel for people on that server, and a handful of good guilds that still keep fighting despite the odds. I wonder how they put up with fairweather guilds such as DORP and PYRO.

Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dark Aidget.3879

Dark Aidget.3879

I’ve always wondered if there was a maximum number of commander tags per map, I guess 17 isn’t it.

The max is 20. More can flip theirs on, but they won’t show up on the map.

[Arr][GOAT]

in Match-ups

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

I want way more matches in GvG. 10th place is just silly.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in Match-ups

Halo.8976

Weather is so good and sun is too bright… http://youtu.be/pIgZ7gMze7A < mag atm
Wake me up when PvD is over.

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

Deny all you will, fact remains that large mag guilds stop doing WvW when they’re losing. The PPT tells the story… Yak’s are doing an admirable job, and may even overtake Mags.

I feel for people on that server, and a handful of good guilds that still keep fighting despite the odds. I wonder how they put up with fairweather guilds such as DORP and PYRO.

Losing your homeland keeps even though no large mag guilds are playing must be pretty embarrassing!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mister Mustard.7203

Mister Mustard.7203

Losing your homeland keeps even though no large mag guilds are playing must be pretty embarrassing!

We’re at that point in our relationship where nothing is embarrassing any more.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gellor.6497

Gellor.6497

Or we are bored and don’t care, I wouldn’t even bother upgrading anything and just allow for karma training all week

Bodacious Gellor/Adela Grace/Cherry Poptartz [rB]
www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

Or we are bored and don’t care, I wouldn’t even bother upgrading anything and just allow for karma training all week

Deny all you will, fact remains that large DB guilds stop doing WvW when they’re losing. The PPT tells the story… Yak’s are doing an admirable job, and may even overtake DB.

I feel for people on that server, and a handful of good guilds that still keep fighting despite the odds. I wonder how they put up with fairweather guilds such as BP.

in Match-ups

Pinko.2076

Blood Pact, led by Calvin, having difficulty leaving spawn. It’s a shame transfer guilds like BP are tarnishing DB’s community with such play.

in Match-ups

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

Blood Pact, led by Calvin, having difficulty leaving spawn. It’s a shame transfer guilds like BP are tarnishing DB’s community with such play.

I heard Calvin is the sole representative of Blood Pact, and anything said by him on the forum represents his guild and server’s feelings. In fact, I think he might have beaten Rawnoodles out for King of DB.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in Match-ups

Calvin.5380

Awww. I must’ve touched a nerve there, Trolololol!!!

Eithinan is the Lord High Chairman Dictator of Dragonbrand. I’m just one of the pugs who benefits from Baguuma bags.

So, how’s PvE, guys?

Dragonbrand

(edited by Calvin.5380)

in Match-ups

Pinko.2076

Eithinan is the Lord High Chairman Dictator of Dragonbrand. I’m just one of the pugs who benefits from your bags.

Are you still in blood pact? Why did you remove them from your signature? As a high ranking member, you should be proud to display it.

in Match-ups

Calvin.5380

Eithinan is the Lord High Chairman Dictator of Dragonbrand. I’m just one of the pugs who benefits from your bags.

Are you still in blood pact? Why did you remove them from your signature? As a high ranking member, you should be proud to display it.

You’re cute

I hope I didn’t cause any permanent damage.

Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Pinko.2076

You’re cute

Calvin, why did Blood Pact kick you?

in Match-ups

Posted by: x per fection x.2096

x per fection x.2096

Because they are the only ones who come out to fight in open field. And when they’re out, other mag guilds also grow some spine, and come out. Every other guild on Mags runs away from even even-numbered fights. Fact.

Mags would do well to learn from [ME].

Looks like a perfect time to insert an [ME] vid

http://youtu.be/0QdkJXTyI8Q

Although the complements are nice, it’s obvious he is trying to get a rise out of everyone. We work side by side with [PYRO] and [BURN] almost every night now that we keep getting put up against T2 servers.

DORP and [VR] usually do their own thing but some of us do run with them and vice versa, both are really good guilds.

[Ark]Noober