7/12 Dragonbrand/Maguuma/Yak's Bend

in Match-ups

Posted by: Efface.8460

Efface.8460

Glad it’s not just me having these experiences with DB. On the rare occasions you can catch a few of them alone, they run to the nearest camp/tower/whatever and wait for their 80 man zerg to show up and save them. I usually roam around alone or with a group of 3 or 4 other people max trying to look for decent fights. We usually run into groups of 10 or so DB people roaming and try to fight them. EVERY SINGLE TIME, they run away from us and try to head to siege or guards and without fail, moments later a huge red blob comes to their rescue and we all get swarmed and then they laugh and dance. Is there anyone on DB who isn’t a total coward and is willing to actually fight without an army, and siege, and guards backing them up? I have yet to find any.

Msg preacher if he’s still around…. Last I saw, him and his krew danced with your dying breed cliche

in Match-ups

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

Footage from Maguuma’s cheesy hammer train last night:

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

in Match-ups

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

Glad it’s not just me having these experiences with DB. On the rare occasions you can catch a few of them alone, they run to the nearest camp/tower/whatever and wait for their 80 man zerg to show up and save them. I usually roam around alone or with a group of 3 or 4 other people max trying to look for decent fights. We usually run into groups of 10 or so DB people roaming and try to fight them. EVERY SINGLE TIME, they run away from us and try to head to siege or guards and without fail, moments later a huge red blob comes to their rescue and we all get swarmed and then they laugh and dance. Is there anyone on DB who isn’t a total coward and is willing to actually fight without an army, and siege, and guards backing them up? I have yet to find any.

Yeah sorry, we were all busy playing, ya know, WvW.

You guys have more points than Yb and Mag combined. I think it’s safe for you guys to relax, move away from hitting doors and I dunno, have fun fighting people?

Or you guys could, I dunno, group up and fight us the way WvW is meant to be played?

Getting slack from other servers because our general focus in coordinated WvW is on group fights and guild raids instead of roaming and 1v1s all week is seriously one of the most pathetic things I’ve seen be a recurring theme on this forum.

And I say this as someone who spends almost his entire time in WvW roaming or with groups of 2~4 people (Including myself).
Unless I am only an Illusion, since the popular opinion seems to be that “DB roamers don’t exist”

Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evolut.2398

Evolut.2398

Since when do we shame guilds in fair fight GvG results? I thought that was one of those unspoken rules of GW2 forum sportsmanship.

I for one am totally surprised one of Dragonbags’s most respected and inspiring members would make a negative comment towards the NS and PYRO GvG!!!!!!!!!!

E V O L U T [TRA] [CC]
Champion Paragon – #Magswag

(edited by Evolut.2398)

in Match-ups

Posted by: The Goat.1940

The Goat.1940

wait yaks bend is in thiss matchup? do they even lift?

Necrotic Sushi – Necro
Elephant Ambush [EA] , Sea of Sorrows

in Match-ups

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

Yeah sorry, we were all busy playing, ya know, WvW.

You guys have more points than Yb and Mag combined. I think it’s safe for you guys to relax, move away from hitting doors and I dunno, have fun fighting people?

Or you guys could, I dunno, group up and fight us the way WvW is meant to be played?

Getting slack from other servers because our general focus in coordinated WvW is on group fights and guild raids instead of roaming and 1v1s all week is seriously one of the most pathetic things I’ve seen be a recurring theme on this forum.

And I say this as someone who spends almost his entire time in WvW roaming or with groups of 2~4 people (Including myself).
Unless I am only an Illusion, since the popular opinion seems to be that “DB roamers don’t exist”

No. You have to play WvW the way they want to play it. And dont lie. Noone on Db solo/small group roams. We only run 50+ zergs and PvDoor.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Calvin.5380

Calvin.5380

Night Shift [NS] 6 – 0 Pyromancers [PYRO]

Thought so. No ACs are allowed in GvG

Please do not express any unsportsmanlike-behavior towards [PYRO]. [NS] and [PYRO] have a mutual respect for each other. You might be in the same server as [NS] but I don’t approve nor support your behavior. If you have something to prove to [PYRO], hop in WvW instead of yapping on forums.

Calvin can’t prove anything to us PYRO we would just kill him with arrow carts rofl what a noob haha magswag!!!1!!1

Alright, before this spirals into something uglier, let me just admit that I went over the line, and I shouldn’t have done that. My apologies to PYRO. You guys know that I like you, despite what we say on the forums. Peace, and good luck for the next match!

Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evolut.2398

Evolut.2398

Night Shift [NS] 6 – 0 Pyromancers [PYRO]

Thought so. No ACs are allowed in GvG

Please do not express any unsportsmanlike-behavior towards [PYRO]. [NS] and [PYRO] have a mutual respect for each other. You might be in the same server as [NS] but I don’t approve nor support your behavior. If you have something to prove to [PYRO], hop in WvW instead of yapping on forums.

Calvin can’t prove anything to us PYRO we would just kill him with arrow carts rofl what a noob haha magswag!!!1!!1

Alright, before this spirals into something uglier, let me just admit that I went over the line, and I shouldn’t have done that. My apologies to PYRO. You guys know that I like you, despite what we say on the forums. Peace, and good luck for the next match!

Don’t worry about it man, the comment was pretty acute and I’m sure no one “really” took offense to it, the forum warring keeps things interesting and fun! Goodluck to everyone next week!

E V O L U T [TRA] [CC]
Champion Paragon – #Magswag

in Match-ups

Posted by: Frosch.7809

Frosch.7809

No. You have to play WvW the way they want to play it. And dont lie. Noone on Db solo/small group roams. We only run 50+ zergs and PvDoor.

Quoted for the truth!

Tastes are different. There are people who like to roam solo or in small groups, and others who like to run with a Zerg. There are even servers who claim Zerging is advanced strategy.

And then there are servers whose people run away if numbers aren’t in their favour. For some reason i saw this far more often this week than for as long as i can remember playing WvW.

[Yak’s Bend]

in Match-ups

Posted by: JaNordy.6149

JaNordy.6149

Some DB guy ran into his keep 10 different times trying to 1v1 me. I never got to down him but each time he ran in there I counted it as a victory. Once it reached 10th time he ran in there I left.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Fortunately I managed to find a few people who do like to do 1 vs 1 and are actually good. So I guess it’s not all of DB. some of you actually do like challenging fights and don’t want to just run mindlessly with the zerg and spam 1 against small groups of people.

By the way, whoever that engineer was from DB from the guild TG that I fought with my warrior was freaking amazing. One of the best engineers I’ve ever faced. Long freaking fight, but fun.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Efface.8460

Efface.8460

Fortunately I managed to find a few people who do like to do 1 vs 1 and are actually good. So I guess it’s not all of DB. some of you actually do like challenging fights and don’t want to just run mindlessly with the zerg and spam 1 against small groups of people.

By the way, whoever that engineer was from DB from the guild TG that I fought with my warrior was freaking amazing. One of the best engineers I’ve ever faced. Long freaking fight, but fun.

Wow, toa still hasn’t graduated from his yesteryear thief?

Tell him Michael Jackson called, he wants his glove back

in Match-ups

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

teehee are you a gril

in Match-ups

Nikkinella.8254

Guess I know where to go now when I want to have decent fights.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mister Mustard.7203

Mister Mustard.7203

Hi, I’m on DB and I’ve roamed solo quite a bit this week.

I even saw both Yak’s and some Mag’s run away from me in 1v1 and even 2v1 situations.

Saw more than a few run or try to kite me back toward zergs.

Saw almost every one I fought near a tower at least attempt to run into said tower when their health got low.

Somehow, I’ve managed to not project this behavior to the entirety of both servers. Somehow, I’ve also managed to not even project this behavior as necessarily awful. It’s just people trying to not die in a video game; I guess I don’t necessarily want or need folks to just stand there while I shoot them to keep my ego happy.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

I even saw both Yak’s and some Mag’s run away from me in 1v1 and even 2v1 situations.

Saw almost every one I fought near a tower at least attempt to run into said tower when their health got low.

Somehow, I’ve managed to not project this behavior to the entirety of both servers. Somehow, I’ve also managed to not even project this behavior as necessarily awful. It’s just people trying to not die in a video game; I guess I don’t necessarily want or need folks to just stand there while I shoot them to keep my ego happy.

Your restraint leads to boring threads with no entertainment for people at work. Please project more in the future.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vi Au.8341

Vi Au.8341

Your restraint leads to boring threads with no entertainment for people at work. Please project more in the future.

the future of our two servers match up thread depends on it

in Match-ups

Posted by: Agiku.1276

Agiku.1276

Assuming that the whole DB server is full of “cowards” because you haven’t encounter “roamers” or people that would 1v1 you, is pretty absurd and disrespectful. Something to keep in mind when making such accusation, you’re fighting a T2 server that has a larger coverage than yours, and chances are we will always outnumber you in the field, and days like this will happen: http://i.imgur.com/Fie3isV.jpg. I honestly find it pretty unfair that you guys got such match-up against us, but we’ll see how Anet adjusts the system in the future.

I roam most of the time when I’m not doing GvG with my guild [NS], and I know a lot of good players from Db that roam and love to 1v1 just as much as I do. The other day I was dueling some people from Mag behind the mills (Swag guild I believe?) and there was this shatter Mesmer who beat 2 people in front of me, so I decided to duel him after. I won (didn’t finish him) and next thing I know, I had like 5 people jumping me and the whole thing turned into a zerg fight a couple of minutes later. Was pretty ridiculous.

But aside from all that, I just wanted to say thank you [PYRO] for the GvG! We had a lot of fun, and I hope to see you guys in the field again! Wish ya luck in your future GvG’s.

Here’s the video from last night GvG:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vih3m8ukRdA

Cheers.

Kyuu – lv80 Human Mesmer

Dragonbrand – Night Shift [NS]

in Match-ups

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

It has been requested that I share this and that mags take back their hills. There were no cookies here.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shads.9468

Shads.9468

Sorry Maguuma, rumors of my death are vastly over exaggerated. I was paid a significant amount to not play this week by a DB oceanic commander. I was expressly forbidden to even look at the WvW score on penalty of forfeit of the payment.

Usually I wouldn’t even contemplate this, but I was honestly moved by the heart felt plea to not cost DB any more in repair bills. I might have even shed a tear it was so moving… ok fine it was just a kitten load of moolah But honestly I can understand the position, if DB doesn’t outnumber someone 3:1 then they enter the death spiral of participation and who wants DB to suffer the realization that they are nothing more then walking loot bags. Money well spent i think

in Match-ups

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

It has been requested that I share this and that mags take back their hills. There were no cookies here.

Hot. I’d window mode that.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ryan.8367

Ryan.8367

To the [AI] (Angry Intent i think) peeps, good duels @ Windmill

Tanbin 80 Ranger
Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: revotech.5869

revotech.5869

As scary as it was to suddenly see 30+ Maguuma turn up those duels were great fun so thanks to all of you too! I (at least) hope we can do that again sometime.

I know I’ve a lot to learn especially going up against the Soldier [DERP] Mesmer that slaughtered me (white sylvari ele) a few times.

in Match-ups

The Goat.1940

I think we can all agree, the overall score directly reflects the overall competency and skill of a server in all areas of gameplay; including but not limited to: 1v1, roaming & zerging. With that said both yaks and mag are clearly out classed and out skilled in every possible way imaginable. DB has the juice!!!!

Necrotic Sushi – Necro

in Match-ups

Nikkinella.8254

I’m definitely up for that again. And sorry to anyone who was trying to duel me when I wasn’t paying attention. I literally fell asleep on my keyboard a few times. going 24 hours straight with no sleep then coming home and playing this will do that to you. After I nodded out a few times I noticed a few people standing in front of me then waving to me. I only got to fight a few of you though unfortunately. Heh, atleast I didn’t pass out while fighting.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Nikkinella.8254

I think we can all agree, the overall score directly reflects the overall competency and skill of a server in all areas of gameplay; including but not limited to: 1v1, roaming & zerging. With that said both yaks and mag are clearly out classed and out skilled in every possible way imaginable. DB has the juice!!!!

If by juice you mean 3 times the amount of people that Mag and YB have combined, then yes, yes you do.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

Blah-blah-blah. DB has the juice!!!!

Sounds creepy.
Please, don’t project your juices in public.

in Match-ups

The Goat.1940

If by juice you mean 3 times the amount of people that Mag and YB have combined, then yes, yes you do.

that sir. in an untrue statement; both mag and yaks have superior volumes of players and coverage. in fact, mags SEA population is amazing. now YOU have the juice!!!

Necrotic Sushi – Necro

in Match-ups

Nikkinella.8254

that sir. in an untrue statement; both mag and yaks have superior volumes of players and coverage. in fact, mags SEA population is amazing. now YOU have the juice!!!

Then tell me oh knowledgeable one how YB never has a queue even at peak hours and we have the outmanned buff more often than not?

in Match-ups

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Guess I know where to go now when I want to have decent fights.

I don’t mean to sound like a jerk, but we’ve been trying to get YB participation at the windmill for a long, long time :\

Come down from your high horse. Mags know I love them.

Calvin, you know there’s only one way to prove that you like us, right?

Attachments:

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

Then tell me oh knowledgeable one how YB never has a queue even at peak hours and we have the outmanned buff more often than not?

Pro tip: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joke

[AoN] All or Nothing

in Match-ups

Frosch.7809

I don’t mean to sound like a jerk…

I have bad news for you…

…but we’ve been trying to get YB participation at the windmill for a long, long time :\

You do not deserve to get YB participation.

Maybe if your people didn’t show the same bad manners ingame as they do here at the Forums…

[Yak’s Bend]

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

I don’t mean to sound like a jerk…

I have bad news for you…

…but we’ve been trying to get YB participation at the windmill for a long, long time :\

You do not deserve to get YB participation.

Maybe if your people didn’t show the same bad manners ingame as they do here at the Forums…

I don’t know what to tell you, most people behave just fine at the windmill vOv not sure how you would know given that I never see any YB there anyway! Zing!! Just kidding, I’ve heard stories of people getting jumped like that before, but I don’t see it when I’m there. Your YB comrade seemed to have fun.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Atharsia.3249

Atharsia.3249

Roaming you say? I roam, and the only decent fight I ever had was at like 3AM against some Yaks that eventually had to bring 10+ players to wipe a group of one ele, one necro, one ranger and me as the guard.

Maguuma roaming population is composed of groups of 5 to 10 players that gank solo players running from either the spawn, camps or SM in Eternal.

So, don’t bring that “no roaming population” garbage… you’re just not as good as you think and need to roam with 10+ players to effectively kill someone… and tbh, 10+ players in any commanders eyes is a threat and must be wiped… several times if needed.

:*

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

ooh sick burn how you gonna take dat mag roamers??

in Match-ups

Frosch.7809

I don’t know what to tell you, most people behave just fine at the windmill vOv not sure how you would know given that I never see any YB there anyway! Zing!! Just kidding, I’ve heard stories of people getting jumped like that before, but I don’t see it when I’m there. Your YB comrade seemed to have fun.

Well first, thumbs up for you staying cool (stores Forum Warrior attitude away).

And yeah, getting there may be a problem, especially during the hours when i am on, NA morning hours. This week it was especially hard to travel anywhere, you know, with semi-Zergs waiting to jump at us few from the morning crew at every corner…it’s not overly encouraging. But maybe another time, when the elephant is not with us in the match-up.

[Yak’s Bend]

in Match-ups

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

Assuming that the whole DB server is full of “cowards” because you haven’t encounter “roamers” or people that would 1v1 you, is pretty absurd and disrespectful. Something to keep in mind when making such accusation, you’re fighting a T2 server that has a larger coverage than yours, and chances are we will always outnumber you in the field, and days like this will happen: http://i.imgur.com/Fie3isV.jpg. I honestly find it pretty unfair that you guys got such match-up against us, but we’ll see how Anet adjusts the system in the future.

I roam most of the time when I’m not doing GvG with my guild [NS], and I know a lot of good players from Db that roam and love to 1v1 just as much as I do. The other day I was dueling some people from Mag behind the mills (Swag guild I believe?) and there was this shatter Mesmer who beat 2 people in front of me, so I decided to duel him after. I won (didn’t finish him) and next thing I know, I had like 5 people jumping me and the whole thing turned into a zerg fight a couple of minutes later. Was pretty ridiculous.

But aside from all that, I just wanted to say thank you [PYRO] for the GvG! We had a lot of fun, and I hope to see you guys in the field again! Wish ya luck in your future GvG’s.

Cheers.

Would you say your server should have more or less cowards than FA or SoS?

Because everyone I’ve asked says pretty much every server has noticeably better roamers who actually fight without siege.

We’re not saying you have more total cowards than a server like TC (even though I suspect this might also be true), we’re saying you have a disproportionately high amount of cowards for your server pop.

BTW doesn’t NS ever feel a bit alone in the sea of crap that is DB?

Hope that clears things up.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shads.9468

Shads.9468

outnumbered 5 to 1, and DB cant take SM with no upgrades. someone wake me up when this matchup gets interesting

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lenador.1436

Lenador.1436

T.T sigh i want to kill mag roamers so badly but alas still must wait three more weeks…..and i better see more than thieves and mesmers. Where all the roaming necros at?

Cön-Guardian DB
[Con] Supreme Team of Con

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

ooh sick burn how you gonna take dat mag roamers??

Will use it as fuel to cry myself to sleep tonight.

#magbadnoswag

[AoN] All or Nothing

in Match-ups

The Goat.1940

Cheers.

Because everyone I’ve asked says pretty much every server has noticeably better roamers who actually fight without siege.

We’re not saying you have more total cowards than a server like TC (even though I suspect this might also be true), we’re saying you have a disproportionately high amount of cowards for your server pop.

cant help but notice the lack of server/ guild info in a sig, I’d be embarrassed to have u rep my server / guild too.

Necrotic Sushi – Necro

in Match-ups

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

I’ll take any T2 server over Dragonbrand next week. At least FA and TC aren’t complete garbage and have a roaming population that’s larger than 0 people. The only saving grace DB has is [NS]. Other than that it’s a bunch of terrible zerglings that run when the fight is 5v10 and chase 50v5 for 10 minutes straight.

Man I had respect for you after our duel. Now it’s back to trash talk.

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

in Match-ups

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

Cheers.

cant help but notice the lack of server/ guild info in a sig, I’d be embarrassed to have u rep my server / guild too.

Just because EA is in the sea of crap that is DB doesn’t mean you guys can’t improve. You just have to stop running from the 5v10s.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: dmndbcK.3425

dmndbcK.3425

I’m just going to say this……We need to all have a Firework party at Quaggan Isle in DBBL, and see how long it takes DB to get to us after they see their Garrison flagged (]:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shadowskill.9852

Shadowskill.9852

IDK were all this crap about DB not dueling or running from duels came from but……..

Mad respect to (EA) human Warrior (M/S-GS, sorry i forget your name) and to all the (ALS) guys i was dueling at the windmill. Ya’ll do your server a great justice in proving these people wrong.

These are but 2 of the guilds that have stood their ground and there’s many more (Sorry i cant remember them all)

Respect and Peace to you all.

in Match-ups

The Goat.1940

Cheers.

Just because EA is in the sea of crap that is DB doesn’t mean you guys can’t improve. You just have to stop running from the 5v10s.

why are you embarrassed to rep your guild and server? sea of crap dsnt even go with Dragonbrand… Wagonbrand is far better. up your game!!!

Necrotic Sushi – Necro

(edited by The Goat.1940)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

tbh this thread is better than the TC thread last week.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in Match-ups

The Goat.1940

agree this thread is fun, keeping me entertained at work
; )

Necrotic Sushi – Necro

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lenador.1436

Lenador.1436

agree this thread is fun, keeping me entertained at work
; )

hey sushi im at work too ….. maybe if you want we can you know hang out on the forums together while we are at work….like a date but thats only if want id understand if your too busy for me

Cön-Guardian DB
[Con] Supreme Team of Con

in Match-ups

Posted by: Agiku.1276

Agiku.1276

Cheers.

I don’t know the reason behind your bashing, nor really care, but it seems you have a lot of anger towards Db. And to answer your question, no, we don’t feel that way at all. Db is a very competitive server, and very organized when it comes to WvW. We have good Commanders, and players that listen and follow their lead.

Here’s a good example – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouauvgbw59o
In that video we [NS] go balls deep against bigger numbers than us, and yet managed to win. We managed to hold bay for a few hours, despite the differences in our numbers (we were only like 20 of us, plus a few pugs).

To me it seems you are very confused about the concept of WvW. The aim of WvW is to achieve a higher war score than the opposing worlds by the end of a week of battle. It is not based on individual player skills (roamers), or such, but score between servers. As I previously mentioned, this match-up was very unfair for you guys due to our differences in coverage, but even so, is very disrespectful and childish to say things such as “Db is crap, full cowards, etc”. We went against Blackgate and Jade Quarry last month, and BG got a huge lead in scores for obvious reasons between our numbers. In the end, it was a really fun match-up for us despite ending in 3rd place. We learn a lot from them (t1), and it was very competitive. We didn’t bash them, we didn’t call them cowards because they had bigger zergs than us.

Anyways, I wish you all luck on your next match-up, and hope you guys get an even fight after reset tonight. If you fight a larger server than yours, learn from them, don’t be discouraged and never give up. Remember, the point of a game is to have fun.

Have a good one everyone. Cheers.

Kyuu – lv80 Human Mesmer

Dragonbrand – Night Shift [NS]