7/12 Dragonbrand/Maguuma/Yak's Bend

in Match-ups

Posted by: Efface.8460

Efface.8460

Assuming that the whole DB server is full of “cowards” because you haven’t encounter “roamers” or people that would 1v1 you, is pretty absurd and disrespectful. Something to keep in mind when making such accusation, you’re fighting a T2 server that has a larger coverage than yours, and chances are we will always outnumber you in the field, and days like this will happen: http://i.imgur.com/Fie3isV.jpg. I honestly find it pretty unfair that you guys got such match-up against us, but we’ll see how Anet adjusts the system in the future.

I roam most of the time when I’m not doing GvG with my guild [NS], and I know a lot of good players from Db that roam and love to 1v1 just as much as I do. The other day I was dueling some people from Mag behind the mills (Swag guild I believe?) and there was this shatter Mesmer who beat 2 people in front of me, so I decided to duel him after. I won (didn’t finish him) and next thing I know, I had like 5 people jumping me and the whole thing turned into a zerg fight a couple of minutes later. Was pretty ridiculous.

But aside from all that, I just wanted to say thank you [PYRO] for the GvG! We had a lot of fun, and I hope to see you guys in the field again! Wish ya luck in your future GvG’s.

Here’s the video from last night GvG:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vih3m8ukRdA

Cheers.

Would you say your server should have more or less cowards than FA or SoS?

Because everyone I’ve asked says pretty much every server has noticeably better roamers who actually fight without siege.

We’re not saying you have more total cowards than a server like TC (even though I suspect this might also be true), we’re saying you have a disproportionately high amount of cowards for your server pop.

BTW doesn’t NS ever feel a bit alone in the sea of crap that is DB?

Hope that clears things up.

Yer name sounds scary dude….Maybe word is out on DB about how lethal your foamin killsquad is…..

I think you need more feelings, and more screenshots…..Make the world believe!

in Match-ups

Posted by: The Goat.1940

The Goat.1940

agree this thread is fun, keeping me entertained at work
; )

hey sushi im at work too ….. maybe if you want we can you know hang out on the forums together while we are at work….like a date but thats only if want id understand if your too busy for me

con this is a great idea, will totally solidify the bromace!!!

Necrotic Sushi – Necro
Elephant Ambush [EA] , Sea of Sorrows

in Match-ups

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Yer name sounds scary dude….Maybe word is out on DB about how lethal your foamin killsquad is…..

I think you need more feelings, and more screenshots…..Make the world believe!

I for one would love to join a foamin killsquad

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lenador.1436

Lenador.1436

agree this thread is fun, keeping me entertained at work
; )

hey sushi im at work too ….. maybe if you want we can you know hang out on the forums together while we are at work….like a date but thats only if want id understand if your too busy for me

con this is a great idea, will totally solidify the bromace!!!

we shall tag team mags forum warriors together

Cön-Guardian DB
[Con] Supreme Team of Con

in Match-ups

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

Assuming that the whole DB server is full of “cowards” because you haven’t encounter “roamers” or people that would 1v1 you, is pretty absurd and disrespectful. Something to keep in mind when making such accusation, you’re fighting a T2 server that has a larger coverage than yours, and chances are we will always outnumber you in the field, and days like this will happen: http://i.imgur.com/Fie3isV.jpg. I honestly find it pretty unfair that you guys got such match-up against us, but we’ll see how Anet adjusts the system in the future.

I roam most of the time when I’m not doing GvG with my guild [NS], and I know a lot of good players from Db that roam and love to 1v1 just as much as I do. The other day I was dueling some people from Mag behind the mills (Swag guild I believe?) and there was this shatter Mesmer who beat 2 people in front of me, so I decided to duel him after. I won (didn’t finish him) and next thing I know, I had like 5 people jumping me and the whole thing turned into a zerg fight a couple of minutes later. Was pretty ridiculous.

But aside from all that, I just wanted to say thank you [PYRO] for the GvG! We had a lot of fun, and I hope to see you guys in the field again! Wish ya luck in your future GvG’s.

Cheers.

Because everyone I’ve asked says pretty much every server has noticeably better roamers who actually fight without siege.

We’re not saying you have more total cowards than a server like TC (even though I suspect this might also be true), we’re saying you have a disproportionately high amount of cowards for your server pop.

I don’t know the reason behind your bashing, nor really care, but it seems you have a lot of anger towards Db. And to answer your question, no, we don’t feel that way at all. Db is a very competitive server, and very organized when it comes to WvW. We have good Commanders, and players that listen and follow their lead.

Here’s a good example – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouauvgbw59o
In that video we [NS] go balls deep against bigger numbers than us, and yet managed to win. We managed to hold bay for a few hours, despite the differences in our numbers (we were only like 20 of us, plus a few pugs).

To me it seems you are very confused about the concept of WvW. The aim of WvW is to achieve a higher war score than the opposing worlds by the end of a week of battle. It is not based on individual player skills (roamers), or such, but score between servers. As I previously mentioned, this match-up was very unfair for you guys due to our differences in coverage, but even so, is very disrespectful and childish to say things such as “Db is crap, full cowards, etc”. We went against Blackgate and Jade Quarry last month, and BG got a huge lead in scores for obvious reasons between our numbers. In the end, it was a really fun match-up for us despite ending in 3rd place. We learn a lot from them (t1), and it was very competitive. We didn’t bash them, we didn’t call them cowards because they had bigger zergs than us.

Anyways, I wish you all luck on your next match-up, and hope you guys get an even fight after reset tonight. If you fight a larger server than yours, learn from them, don’t be discouraged and never give up. Remember, the point of a game is to have fun.

Have a good one everyone. Cheers.

What guilds would you say even come close to NS in terms of organization or personal skill on DB? Because I don’t think they exist.

And it’s not just one person from one server who thinks DB is lacking in terms of skill. It’s a number of people from both servers.

YB players at least can stand their own with semi-even numbers, and obviously don’t rely on siege as much since their land is constantly being reset by 80 man DB zergs. The siege spamming DB has done this week is absurd.

Sup ballistas in fully upgraded camps to defend against groups of 2-3? Really? Do skilled players need superior ballista support in addition to fully upgraded guards just to defend against inferior numbers?

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

(edited by deathTouch.9706)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Frosch.7809

Frosch.7809

IDK were all this crap about DB not dueling or running from duels came from but……..

Mad respect to (EA) human Warrior (M/S-GS, sorry i forget your name) and to all the (ALS) guys i was dueling at the windmill. Ya’ll do your server a great justice in proving these people wrong.

These are but 2 of the guilds that have stood their ground and there’s many more (Sorry i cant remember them all)

Respect and Peace to you all.

It’s not about fight clubs at windmills but about DB running from fights when numbers are not in their favour and returning when they have a large numerical superiority. I’ve seen it often enough this week, so please reconsider saying that “these people” are proven wrong – some of them are from the same server as you.

Apparently this is T1-2 tactics, and we can’t field the numbers to do the same anyway. I’ve been in our BL every day this week and had plenty of times when DB turned tail and ran when we appeared with all the might of the YB morning crew (all 3-5 of us), only to return with a Zerg.

It is legitimate to play that way, use greater numbers, but those people are usually bad losers when numbers are not to their advantadge, while me and others from our night and morning crew have been fighting against such odds all the time. By the way, i honestly can’t remember having seen you among our morning crew.

[Yak’s Bend]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shunt.6254

Shunt.6254

That was fun last night! HEAVYYYY!

Maguuma
– Arc [VR]
– GvG us!

in Match-ups

The Goat.1940

Cheers.

I don’t know the reason behind your bashing, nor really care, but it seems you have a lot of anger towards Db. And to answer your question, no, we don’t feel that way at all. Db is a very competitive server, and very organized when it comes to WvW. We have good Commanders, and players that listen and follow their lead.

Here’s a good example – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouauvgbw59o
In that video we [NS] go balls deep against bigger numbers than us, and yet managed to win. We managed to hold bay for a few hours, despite the differences in our numbers (we were only like 20 of us, plus a few pugs).

To me it seems you are very confused about the concept of WvW. The aim of WvW is to achieve a higher war score than the opposing worlds by the end of a week of battle. It is not based on individual player skills (roamers), or such, but score between servers. As I previously mentioned, this match-up was very unfair for you guys due to our differences in coverage, but even so, is very disrespectful and childish to say things such as “Db is crap, full cowards, etc”. We went against Blackgate and Jade Quarry last month, and BG got a huge lead in scores for obvious reasons between our numbers. In the end, it was a really fun match-up for us despite ending in 3rd place. We learn a lot from them (t1), and it was very competitive. We didn’t bash them, we didn’t call them cowards because they had bigger zergs than us.

Anyways, I wish you all luck on your next match-up, and hope you guys get an even fight after reset tonight. If you fight a larger server than yours, learn from them, don’t be discouraged and never give up. Remember, the point of a game is to have fun.

Have a good one everyone. Cheers.

What guilds would you say even come close to NS in terms of organization or personal skill on DB? Because I don’t think they exist.

And it’s not just one person from one server who thinks DB is lacking in terms of skill. It’s a number of people from both servers.

YB players at least can stand their own with semi-even numbers, and obviously don’t rely on siege as much since their land is constantly being reset by 80 man DB zergs. The siege spamming DB has done this week is absurd.

Sup ballistas in fully upgraded camps to defend against groups of 2-3? Really? Do skilled players need superior ballista support in addition to fully upgraded guards just to defend against inferior numbers?

stop skirting around the real question! stop hiding behind your I’ll conceived propaganda!

Necrotic Sushi – Necro

in Match-ups

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

In the last hour on DBBL I have intentionally solo fought a group of four mags taking camps twice. I lost but I fought. I have also while solo fought and beat two other mag solo roamers.

I think the problem here is that those mags who are active on the forums never solo roam, and they are upset that they cannot kill solo roamers in their 4-man groups because the solo roamers don’t engage. In fact the general sentiment seems to be anger due to not ever having a fight in which they do not have overwhelming odds. What’s up with that?

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

in Match-ups

Lenador.1436

IDK were all this crap about DB not dueling or running from duels came from but……..

Mad respect to (EA) human Warrior (M/S-GS, sorry i forget your name) and to all the (ALS) guys i was dueling at the windmill. Ya’ll do your server a great justice in proving these people wrong.

These are but 2 of the guilds that have stood their ground and there’s many more (Sorry i cant remember them all)

It’s not about fight clubs at windmills but about DB running from fights when numbers are not in their favour and returning when they have a large numerical superiority. I’ve seen it often enough this week, so please reconsider saying that “these people” are proven wrong – some of them are from the same server as you.

Apparently this is T1-2 tactics, and we can’t field the numbers to do the same anyway. I’ve been in our BL every day this week and had plenty of times when DB turned tail and ran when we appeared with all the might of the YB morning crew (all 3-5 of us), only to return with a Zerg.

It is legitimate to play that way, use greater numbers, but those people are usually bad losers when numbers are not to their advantadge, while me and others from our night and morning crew have been fighting against such odds all the time. By the way, i honestly can’t remember having seen you among our morning crew.

its has and will always be bout the fight clubs 1v1 and roaming and such and anyone who says otherwise are people who complain they run when they have equal or numbers and require siege anyone who says otherwise are people who say its about the lack of skill in small skirmishes and 1v1 and anyone who says otherwise are people its about how easy their zergs get wiped over and over and can only PvD and those who say otherwise…….well you get the cycle by now

Cön-Guardian DB

(edited by Lenador.1436)

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

In the last hour on DBBL I have intentionally solo fought a group of four mags taking camps twice. I lost but I fought. I have also while solo fought and beat two other mag solo roamers.

I think the problem here is that those mags who are active on the forums never solo roam, and they are upset that they cannot kill solo roamers in their 4-man groups because the solo roamers don’t engage. In fact the general sentiment seems to be anger due to not ever having a fight in which they do not have overwhelming odds. What’s up with that?

That seems like satire to me, but you’re missing the YB signatures at the bottom of some of the complaint posts vOv

in Match-ups

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

As scary as it was to suddenly see 30+ Maguuma turn up those duels were great fun so thanks to all of you too! I (at least) hope we can do that again sometime.

I know I’ve a lot to learn especially going up against the Soldier [DERP] Mesmer that slaughtered me (white sylvari ele) a few times.

mist forming right when fight starts probably not the best idea

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gellor.6497

Gellor.6497

its has and will always be bout the fight clubs 1v1 and roaming and such and anyone who says otherwise are people who complain they run when they equal or numbers and require siege anyone who says otherwise are people who say its about the lack of skill in small skirmishes and 1v1 and anyone who says otherwise are people its about how easy their zergs get wiped over and over and can only PvD and those who say otherwise…….well you get the cycle by now

God EA you guys suck….. All you can do is run from fights, forget the video that displays otherwise. All you can do is siege, you guys like to have fun like trying to get to a door than 1v1 a YB. You should be ashamed.

Bodacious Gellor/Adela Grace/Cherry Poptartz [rB]
www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Eviator.9746

That seems like satire to me, but you’re missing the YB signatures at the bottom of some of the complaint posts vOv

Here’s one. Guess he was YB, not mag. The other was a mag ranger who I /saluted and decided not to stomp.

There was another who was at the tail of the 15-man group taking DB Bay, but he was AFK so I can’t count it.

Attachments:

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)

(edited by Eviator.9746)

in Match-ups

The Goat.1940

or lack of signature, which I’m guessing is because they are too embarrassed to rep their server and guild. I could be wrong… maybe the just don’t have pride!!!!

Necrotic Sushi – Necro

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

or lack of signature, which I’m guessing is because they are too embarrassed to rep their server and guild. I could be wrong… maybe the just don’t have pride!!!!

Hmm so Calvin is embarrassed to rep BP? Oh wait no he got kicked, nevermind

in Match-ups

Lenador.1436

making signatures is alot of work always having to switch guilds servers titles easier to just leave it off….just saying to “know” one particular and yeah sushi we must learn to train harder in the art of forum trolling by our Maguuma masters

Cön-Guardian DB

in Match-ups

The Goat.1940

lol at least he has DB in his sig… that’s worth something……

Necrotic Sushi – Necro

in Match-ups

Lenador.1436

We should just pick random server signatures to roll with next week and see if it helps

Cön-Guardian DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

No MMM

in Match-ups

The Goat.1940

lol con, I really like this idea!! I vote we update the sigs to #magswag, projectile juice inc.

Necrotic Sushi – Necro

in Match-ups

Frosch.7809

its has and will always be bout the fight clubs 1v1 and roaming and such and anyone who says otherwise are people who complain they run when they have equal or numbers and require siege anyone who says otherwise are people who say its about the lack of skill in small skirmishes and 1v1 and anyone who says otherwise are people its about how easy their zergs get wiped over and over and can only PvD and those who say otherwise…….well you get the cycle by now

Can you explain the part about having “equal or numbers” again to me? English is not my native language, you know…is it yours? Just wondering…

And you are right, siege is not required when it’s 20 against 2, but your server still likes to do that. But if someone is making fun of you because of it you people react like your server’s honour was tarnished.

So allow me to express my hope that after today’s reset your server may meet the other elephants so you can play with them.

[Yak’s Bend]

in Match-ups

Lenador.1436

Can you explain the part about having “equal or numbers” again to me? English is not my native language, you know…is it yours? Just wondering…

And you are right, siege is not required when it’s 20 against 2, but your server still likes to do that. But if someone is making fun of you because of it you people react like your server’s honour was tarnished.

So allow me to express my hope that after today’s reset your server may meet the other elephants so you can play with them.

eh one my english is terrible and its my first language so its not you and two i wasnt referring to anyone in particular its jus a nice a guide to others what to expect in forums when any server is fight DB expect TC which appears to be opposite……strange isnt it
and three i meant “equal or more numbers”

Cön-Guardian DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: ElDudemeister.5108

ElDudemeister.5108

yeah sushi we must learn to train harder in the art of forum trolling by our Maguuma masters

We should make this an organized guild event.

in Match-ups

Lenador.1436

im not in charge looks at shushi bc im too lazy

Cön-Guardian DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

This week tally of 1v1’s I had. 12 wins 7 losses. Spread between my mesmer,thief, and uplevel necro.

YB players why can I kill you on an uplevel necro 1v1? I mean, I only got 1 win on the necro but that means I beat your entire server with an uplevel, right?

in Match-ups

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

No MMM

MM

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in Match-ups

The Goat.1940

lol this gw2 stuff is serious bizzznissss yo! besides yaks bend outnumbers DB 4 to 1 on every map all week long.. stop spreading misinformation and propagandalf!!!

Necrotic Sushi – Necro

(edited by The Goat.1940)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shads.9468

Shads.9468

4 hours DB, 4 eye bleeding, bag filling hours, and all the time outwomaned. I spent a gold on vendors alone because the walk to the 3rd floor is too long. You only took it because we all literally fell asleep after gorging ourselves on lootbags.

I salute the superior tactics o7

in Match-ups

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

This week tally of 1v1’s I had a bunch of wins 0 losses and 1 stalemate with a d/p thief with a worthless troll build that couldn’t kill a rabbit.

Offer still stands @ 20G for anyone who beats me 1v1 Best Of 5. No surprise that 0 people from Dragonbrand have made an attempt on this offer yet!

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

in Match-ups

Lenador.1436

This week tally of 1v1’s I had a bunch of wins 0 losses and 1 stalemate with a d/p thief with a worthless troll build that couldn’t kill a rabbit.

Offer still stands @ 20G for anyone who beats me 1v1 Best Of 5. No surprise that 0 people from Dragonbrand have made an attempt on this offer yet!

t.t sooon…….

Cön-Guardian DB

in Match-ups

Lenador.1436

4 hours DB, 4 eye bleeding, bag filling hours, and all the time outwomaned. I spent a gold on vendors alone because the walk to the 3rd floor is too long. You only took it because we all literally fell asleep after gorging ourselves on lootbags.

I salute the superior tactics o7

I am happy we can help boost your ego, everyone needs a handout everynow and then but then ofc its wasnt and isnt me dying in SM so…..farm on

Cön-Guardian DB

in Match-ups

Eviator.9746

I dueled you twice! Asura engineer a couple days ago who you soundly trounced. Granted I didn’t know it was you at the time…

FYI you yourself called your build “broken OP”. You may have the skills to pay the bills, but a great build helps a lot.

I’ve been running a 20/20/30/0/0 since the patch and imho it’s broken OP.

(edited by Eviator.9746)

in Match-ups

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

OMG NERF ZASTARI!!!!!! HE 2 PRO

in Match-ups

ElDudemeister.5108

Being the best 1v1er in WvW is like being the best typist at the Olympics. That’s why no one is taking you up on your offer.

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

Except you don’t get 20g for being the best typist at the Olympics. Not that I would know from experience!!!!!!!!!!

in Match-ups

Lenador.1436

Idk id happily take my gold medal with zero competition and feel just as good

Cön-Guardian DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

!!!!!!!!!!

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in Match-ups

ElDudemeister.5108

If that’s your best comeback, saiyr, you still have a ways to go before you rank up in your forum trolling :-D

I’m looking forward to the next matchup. No part of a Maguuma week is ever dull

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

But I wasn’t even trying to troll, I was just trying to be funny ;_;

in Match-ups

ElDudemeister.5108

There’s your problem. This is the internet. It is for trolling and cat pictures (this is why Grumpycat is so popular, he does both)

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

There’s your problem. This is the internet. It is for trolling and cat pictures (this is why Grumpycat is so popular, he does both)

Not for long, T1 is going to get images banned from this forum.

in Match-ups

Shads.9468

I am happy we can help boost your ego, everyone needs a handout everynow and then but then ofc its wasnt and isnt me dying in SM so…..farm on

You think this boosts ego? I felt physically sick. It was very easy to draw parallels to certain power blocs methods of approaching war.

One day I look forward to being zerged by a DB group that understands more then “hurrr its a gate.. quick kill it”.

I think i’ll expand the bounty that razi has going for some dueling. I’ll pay 200g for a DB group that is able to outthink its way out of a soggy paper bag.

in Match-ups

Shads.9468

PS i don’t expect to be 200g poorer anytime soon, in case you didnt realise that.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Calvin.5380

Calvin.5380

Hmm so Calvin is embarrassed to rep BP? Oh wait no he got kicked, nevermind

I’m now repping my new guild, after BP kicked me out.

Attachments:

Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Frosch.7809

lol this gw2 stuff is serious bizzznissss yo! besides yaks bend outnumbers DB 4 to 1 on every map all week long.. stop spreading misinformation and propagandalf!!!

You poor, poor DB, always being outnumbered. Want a screenie about this outrageous injustice?

http://i40.tinypic.com/2egbedc.jpg

This shows the rest of your force doing what you are best at, running away. Try to spot who is outnumbered here. Oh and the 11 kills i made during the defense, so many easy targets thinking the Zerg blob would protect them…

[Yak’s Bend]

in Match-ups

ElDudemeister.5108

I’ll pay 200g for a DB group that is able to outthink its way out of a soggy paper bag.

I’ll come to you guys where you do best.

20g bounty on the first one who can beat me 1v1 on the forums.

in Match-ups

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

I’ll pay 200g for a DB group that is able to outthink its way out of a soggy paper bag.

kitten , if it was in GW2, most of Maguuma would be 20g richer…

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in Match-ups

Lenador.1436

You think this boosts ego? I felt physically sick. It was very easy to draw parallels to certain power blocs methods of approaching war.

One day I look forward to being zerged by a DB group that understands more then “hurrr its a gate.. quick kill it”.

I think i’ll expand the bounty that razi has going for some dueling. I’ll pay 200g for a DB group that is able to outthink its way out of a soggy paper bag.

So many dueling offers and i cant take any Q.Q

Cön-Guardian DB

in Match-ups

Shads.9468

We’ll need an independent judge. First one to get banned wins?