7/12 Sanctum of Rall/Jade Quarry/Blackgate v2

in Match-ups

Posted by: Az z.2746

Az z.2746

Man, the Gif’s this week was the best thing going for this thread, and the Mods lock it, how lame. Guess its back to reading the same arguments over and over and over and over.

and over……

I found the gifs amusing as well. What a pity.

Azz ~
( Sg Az / Rg Az / Wr Az / Gr Az )
http://www.youtube.com/user/azzalan/

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fact.5908

Fact.5908

Man, the Gif’s this week was the best thing going for this thread, and the Mods lock it, how lame. Guess its back to reading the same arguments over and over and over and over.

and over……

What am I, chopped liver?

Fact [IRON] – Sanctum of Rall
Former Commander of TL and the Ascension Alliance

in Match-ups

Posted by: Leviathan.8029

Leviathan.8029

Fact, you hero!!

BTW, this is a message aimed towards HB only:
Meow, meow meow meow. Meow meow, meow meow meow meow meow!

Tiffin [IRON] Gunnar’s Hold
Elementalist / Guardian

in Match-ups

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

and over……

What am I, chopped liver?

.gif > Fact

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mance.5640

Mance.5640

Oh before I forget, I had a good chuckle on SoRBL last night watching what went down while we were there. SoR trebs our spawn tower from Hills, and when the wall is low JQ sets up Catas to finish the job. Before coming in SoR comes over and wipes JQ. While that’s happening we dump supply into the wall. So SoR sets up three trebs to work the wall down again. So the JQ zerg comes over and smashes right into the SoR zerg. As they’re clashing I see one single /shrug emote from an SoR player lol. Cracked me up.

We lost the tower in the end but it was fun to watch from the battlement. JQ’s goal was a BG tower (probably because we kitten ed you off for flipping your spawn tower) but nobody can say they don’t hit SoR. Then again, I think Joker from [Pro] was tagged up so I guess I shouldn’t be surprised.

I was pinned and so was Joker. Here is what happened from our POV. We land on the BL start scrapping with TW n Friends, eventually take bay as BG is pushing hills and SoR can’t stop us both. With BG pushing the east we begin to push the west.

BG loses the fight for hills, so rather than continue to push up the east while we push SoR on the west, BG as usual decides to back door JQ at our spawn tower. SG and PRO with a collective sigh of “how dumb can BG be” begin to farm BG. Lake tower is being trebbed and the wall is almost down at some point so we start catapulting it. As BG due to their stupidity needs to leave the map. We get the wall down and before we can wipe BG, the SoR map zerg hits us from behind and takes out our siege. Then they build 3 trebs to finish Lake. Just to be jerks back we bum rush their trebs. SoR recovers shortly after and finishes Lake. The end result is BG leaves the map as SoR and JQ wipe them out. Soon after it grows late and most of our guilds have to log. Leaving BG no points and SoR still steadily gaining points for first place.

In summation: You had become an annoyance to SG/Pro and the SoR map zerg as we were having a jolly time bashing each other.

Mance Khan – Shadow Gypsies – Jade Quarry
“a friend of death, a brother of luck, and a s.o.b.”
http://youtu.be/wpoQk2OnbJs [SG since ’99]

(edited by Mance.5640)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kryyg.8576

Kryyg.8576

Is anyone streaming the IRON/HB fights?

in Match-ups

Leviathan.8029

If HB actually shows up…
They said they would hunt us down, but haven’t seen a single HB tag

Meow meow

Elementalist / Guardian

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

In summation: You had become an annoyance to SG/Pro and the SoR map zerg as we were having a jolly time bashing each other.

I knew that. If it makes you guys feel any better we hit Hills again when we saw Orange swords at Bay to force SoR to make a choice. It was an easy choice of course and we knew that. Dunno what to say about your spawn tower though. I think the commander just wanted to keep the pugs engaged as we didn’t have the numbers to do anything of significance at Hills or anywhere else. The tower dropping was good timing actually as EBG needed help so we went there.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cirus.5748

Cirus.5748

Oh before I forget, I had a good chuckle on SoRBL last night watching what went down while we were there. SoR trebs our spawn tower from Hills, and when the wall is low JQ sets up Catas to finish the job. Before coming in SoR comes over and wipes JQ. While that’s happening we dump supply into the wall. So SoR sets up three trebs to work the wall down again. So the JQ zerg comes over and smashes right into the SoR zerg. As they’re clashing I see one single /shrug emote from an SoR player lol. Cracked me up.

We lost the tower in the end but it was fun to watch from the battlement. JQ’s goal was a BG tower (probably because we kitten ed you off for flipping your spawn tower) but nobody can say they don’t hit SoR. Then again, I think Joker from [Pro] was tagged up so I guess I shouldn’t be surprised.

I was pinned and so was Joker. Here is what happened from our POV. We land on the BL start scrapping with TW n Friends, eventually take bay as BG is pushing hills and SoR can’t stop us both. With BG pushing the east we begin to push the west.

BG loses the fight for hills, so rather than continue to push up the east while we push SoR on the west, BG as usual decides to back door JQ at our spawn tower. SG and PRO with a collective sigh of “how dumb can BG be” begin to farm BG. Lake tower is being trebbed and the wall is almost down at some point so we start catapulting it. As BG due to their stupidity needs to leave the map. We get the wall down and before we can wipe BG, the SoR map zerg hits us from behind and takes out our siege. Then they build 3 trebs to finish Lake. Just to be jerks back we bum rush their trebs. SoR recovers shortly after and finishes Lake. The end result is BG leaves the map as SoR and JQ wipe them out. Soon after it grows late and most of our guilds have to log. Leaving BG no points and SoR still steadily gaining points for first place.

Sounds like very foolish play from Blackgate in that situation

Vanguard Of Exiled Mercenaries – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Starscream.7803

Starscream.7803

Well, we know that Smokee and HB is online, and I have posted where IRON is playing. Maybe we only heard half of the story, maybe it was they was coming for IRON while we was sleeping like the boogie man?
It kinda makes sense, they made their “excuses” to avoid a GvG and we will be easier targets with half of us offline xD

MEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

in Match-ups

Leviathan.8029

Dear HB and Smokee,
We are on BG borderland waiting for your arrival.

meow meow <3

Elementalist / Guardian

in Match-ups

Posted by: oldephartte.4369

oldephartte.4369

Correct me if I’m wrong, but the objective for any server, especially in Tier 1, should be to be constantly and consistently competitive, or ideally better than competitive, in all time zones 24/7. No ifs no ands no buts (but with the proviso no hacks or other forms of cheating). To aspire to anything less is foolish. To disadvantage server mates by not helping recruit guilds to make them at least competitive if not better than competitive in their time slot is foolish. To not log on earlier and stick around longer if you have the time and inclination, especially when it will help the server tick more points is foolish. To not drop siege when and where it will provide an advantage is foolish. Etc. Etc. Etc. And to argue otherwise is foolish.

Just another run-of-the-mill gamer.

Running on SoR from day 1 minute 1

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kathy K.6812

Kathy K.6812

HB rarely runs untagged, they usually have a map zerg behind them.

How are you going to do that?

That’s completely untrue… HB almost always runs untagged but the pugs seem to find them and follow anyways :P

in Match-ups

Liquid.9672

Meh, yeah it was probably a poor choice in retrospect but we really didn’t have the numbers to do anything meaningful on the map last night anyways. It was an off night for NA.

[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Mance.5640

I think HB is probably one of the only organized groups during EU at that time, so tagged or not pugs are going to follow a group of people that look like they know what they are doing.

Especially with SoR’s Eu mobs roaming around. Sounds like a smart move if you’re a bg eu puggy.

in Match-ups

Kathy K.6812

Well, we know that Smokee and HB is online, and I have posted where IRON is playing. Maybe we only heard half of the story, maybe it was they was coming for IRON while we was sleeping like the boogie man?
It kinda makes sense, they made their “excuses” to avoid a GvG and we will be easier targets with half of us offline xD

HB= 15-20 players

IRON= 200+

Not sure why you would give such a small guild so much attention, especially in a time slot where SoR is the clear winner

in Match-ups

Starscream.7803

HB= 15-20 players

IRON= 200+

Yeah, i defo see that many people in our guild roster…………………….

in Match-ups

Mance.5640

Well it’s chase HB or beat on a door…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

It wasn’t as bad on Blackgate’s part as it sounds. We were very out numbered at the time so we only did what we could. We never expected to make some massive push to start hitting garrison or anything. As other said we saw JQ hitting bay so we took a run at hills, Considering it was a t2 hills vs a paper bay, we knew they would come wipe us. JQ took bay and in the end that is still less PPT for SoR. Also while we were messing around on SoR bl BG’s PPT went up a good ~50 points, not saying we had much to do with it but it does make me feel better inside.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in Match-ups

Kathy K.6812

HB= 15-20 players

IRON= 200+

Yeah, i defo see that many people in our guild roster…………………….

Just sayin’. If you’re going to call out a guild, call out one that is as big as yours and fields as many players as you do…

Which might be kind of hard considering BG & JQ don’t have any guilds during EU as large as IRON; or for that matter even as large as KISS :/

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kryyg.8576

Kryyg.8576

I’ve seen HB out with 30-40 players, they aren’t small.

Given I’ve only seen them once or twice a week but when they are out, they are out in force.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Omnitek.3876

Omnitek.3876

HB= 15-20 players

IRON= 200+

Not sure why you would give such a small guild so much attention, especially in a time slot where SoR is the clear winner

Today, IRON had queued all 4 WvW maps, LA and Queensdale while going a guild bounty with the people who showed up too late to get into the 8 hour EU queues that SoR has with TW new oceanic, sea, EU and NA full map zergs.

I’m serious. It is terrible.

A L T S
Skritt Happens

in Match-ups

Starscream.7803

We didnt call them out. They called us out saying they was hunting us, which is fine except they aint…………………

Plus they are welcome to tag up and bring whoever they want. As i said ear;lier, long as its a good fights its all good, win lose or draw.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

Correct me if I’m wrong, but the objective for any server, especially in Tier 1, should be to be constantly and consistently competitive, or ideally better than competitive, in all time zones 24/7. No ifs no ands no buts (but with the proviso no hacks or other forms of cheating). To aspire to anything less is foolish. To disadvantage server mates by not helping recruit guilds to make them at least competitive if not better than competitive in their time slot is foolish. To not log on earlier and stick around longer if you have the time and inclination, especially when it will help the server tick more points is foolish. To not drop siege when and where it will provide an advantage is foolish. Etc. Etc. Etc. And to argue otherwise is foolish.

I actually agree with everything you’ve said here.

in Match-ups

Kathy K.6812

HB= 15-20 players

IRON= 200+

Today, IRON had queued all 4 WvW maps

Yeah I heard about that… I feel sorry for KISS not being able to get into any BL’s.

in Match-ups

Starscream.7803

Well HB, we went to look for you instead, and credit where its due, you give us a epic fight in bay just now on SOR BL:. I am sure you will agree you outnumbered us there easily in that fight. Looking forward to more of it. /salute

EDIT: awwwww you jumped borders we didnt spank you that hard did we?

(edited by Starscream.7803)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Corran.4957

Corran.4957

When did JQ become a german server? Currenly your main tactic is to run away when you outnumber enemy by at least 2:1 and then build seige.
You really are becoming as good as the EU german servers for being this way!

in Match-ups

Posted by: zepp.4109

zepp.4109

Well HB, we went to look for you instead, and credit where its due, you give us a epic fight in bay just now on SOR BL:. I am sure you will agree you outnumbered us there easily in that fight. Looking forward to more of it. /salute

EDIT: awwwww you jumped borders we didnt spank you that hard did we?

wtf

in Match-ups

Posted by: Monsoon.2589

Monsoon.2589

Since Anet has never acknowledged the server lag issue I have about zero hopes that they will do anything to fix it. I would expect that their solution will be to add more maps so they can spread the load of a server tier to several instances…but besides that i don t see them doing hardware or code fixes for this.

in Match-ups

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

It is actually quite puzzling. We know some Mythic-EA employees left for Anet and we know Anet’s WvWvW system was meant to present a better play experience than RvRvR but somewhere, somehow in the middle of developing GW2 wvw system, things did not quite go that way.

They seem completely unable to predict what the consequences of their design decision will be.

Perhaps because they decided to design everything in-house, from scratch and were unfortunately banking on their “e-sports pvp” rather than their more profitable and now more successful WvWvW playmode.

The fact that they ignored WvW for what, 6 months, shows that. They have made some terrible decisions with this game.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

Since Anet has never acknowledged the server lag issue I have about zero hopes that they will do anything to fix it. I would expect that their solution will be to add more maps so they can spread the load of a server tier to several instances…but besides that i don t see them doing hardware or code fixes for this.

I’m not 100% since I can’t find the source but I think they said it was completely a hardware issue (on there side) and the only way to really fix it with out dropping population caps would be to throw money at it.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in Match-ups

Liquid.9672

I’m not 100% since I can’t find the source but I think they said it was completely a hardware issue (on there side) and the only way to really fix it with out dropping population caps would be to throw money at it.

Here was the only official statement on it …

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Decrease-lag/first#post1662663

[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xenon.2089

Xenon.2089

Props to the two iron guys that gave us a fight in bluebriar on sor bl.
You guys know how to bring it but we got the upper hand in the end : )

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fannwong.3059

Fannwong.3059

Hello Cirus,

I think every server has its moments like that, short term PPT gain vs long term strategic play. It’s pretty difficult even for experienced commanders to make a decision on the spot based on those factors.

FW

[SoX] – JQ

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sethanon Stormrage.6721

Sethanon Stormrage.6721

HB= 15-20 players

IRON= 200+

Only 15-20? http://i.imgur.com/Mqrj4fv.jpg

Iron do not have 200+ members, gotta love where you pull these numbers from.
We run with 30-40 people, with that falling back to around 25 after 10.30 BST.

And HB give good fights, thats why they get our attention. Its just a shame its so hard to get them to fight, and when they do its always with a blob I dont mind the numbers.. its that dam lag!

Sethanon
The Iron Triangle
www.warnation.net

in Match-ups

Kathy K.6812

HB= 15-20 players

IRON= 200+

And HB give good fights, thats why they get our attention. Its just a shame its so hard to get them to fight, and when they do its always with a blob I dont mind the numbers.. its that dam lag!

Thanks for taking a screenshot of the entire Blackgate EU force with less than 20 HB present. Really shows how well BG can work with lesser numbers and still be effective against the huge zergs IRON and KISS put out for SoR.

(edit: That is exactly 19 HB tags)

in Match-ups

Posted by: RobF.5864

RobF.5864

HB= 15-20 players

IRON= 200+

Thanks for taking a screenshot of the entire Blackgate EU force with less than 20 HB present. Really shows how well BG can work with lesser numbers and still be effective against the huge zergs IRON and KISS put out for SoR.

You seem to spend more time on these forums fighting than you do WvW….Forum Rank Legend yet?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kaidengaran.3528

Kaidengaran.3528

I should have known better than to reply to you, your obviously a troll or plain stupid. (The internet, a place where you can be whatever you want, its a shame so many people choose to be stupid)

1. The angle doesn’t show the HB members on the door nor those on the pier.

2. When players are stacked like such, you cannot see the tags of all the players, you may be able to count 19 (i havn’t checked) but i assure you there is a lot more than 19 HB there

3. HB do not have a bad reputation, the more you throw pointless arguments in their defence, it taints their reputation as people know u are talking bull and reflect that back onto the guild

I’m sure you’ll have another response to this but i’ll leave it here

Point 2, i don’t think there’s a lot more than 20ish HB, there is a lot of pugs on other guilds however.

Point 3, yeah you have a point there, but you should also be talking to your guys who have shown made some pretty un-classy comments in this thread.

Also remember, we don’t have the same kind of EU you guys have, so don’t expect HB to actively GvG you when we have stuff to look after. I’m sure if they see you on the field then you can expect them to engage you, as they love the fights (unless they have something more important to do).

Kaidengaran | 80 Warrior |
Co- GM Nocturnal | WvW Oceanic Commander
Blackgate

in Match-ups

Starscream.7803

If that comment is directed at me Kaidengaran then I am hurt. I make a point of being classy on these forums.

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Something more important than fights…
smh

in Match-ups

Posted by: skullfaerie.7203

skullfaerie.7203

Kathy, get off the forums and help your server-mates already. Can’t you see they’re outnumbered!?

Thanks for the good fights, HB.

Keep it classy people

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

and over……

I found the gifs amusing as well. What a pity.

Or we could revert to the flavor from 4 weeks ago by equating who is who. Like this week it is

BG = F 250 Truck
SoR = Jeep Wrangler
JQ = Suzuki 4×4

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wilco.1458

Wilco.1458

I’ll like to welcome [RATS] – a 70 man Romanian meth addicted guild. They are a great fit for JQ.

http://www.twitch.tv/drwilco

Wilco Tango Foxtrot #lifting #hardwork

in Match-ups

Fact.5908

Props to the two iron guys that gave us a fight in bluebriar on sor bl.
You guys know how to bring it but we got the upper hand in the end : )

Thanks for the compliment, most people just get upset.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Fact.5908

HB= 15-20 players

IRON= 200+

Oh wow, my recruiting skills sure have paid off! Wrex will be so pleased!

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

I’ll like to welcome [RATS] – a 70 man Romanian meth addicted guild. They are a great fit for JQ.

Watching your vid at work.

“Rats can take down the gate with the sheer power of their minds” that was hilarious hahahha.

Nice to see another guild transfer to JQ and hope [RATS] has a good time.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tarkus.4109

Tarkus.4109

HB rarely runs untagged, they usually have a map zerg behind them.

How are you going to do that?

HB rarely run tag if there are any other commanders that can handle the militia and they may get 40-50 on a good day, a lot less on a bad one. Its also weird to see this comment in respect to HB and not IRON as well, but hey I’m not complaining as if you are the only tag on the map and you have a lot of militia to spare its hard not to blob up.

Retired OCX Pugmander and Guild driver [Tarkus, Vaelle]

in Match-ups

Posted by: zepp.4109

zepp.4109

thanks TW for the bags tonight.

I heard that a certain guild leader got mad because his guild lost two keeps. Stay classy bro, it’s just a game, you don’t need to say kitten to the enemy guild just because you are losing. ^.^

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vash.9183

Vash.9183

Our whole server basically uses the community teamspeak and it just crashed. Lol. Back up, though, so don’t get any ideas! :P

Cór
Mithril Footman
Ultimate Dominator

in Match-ups

Posted by: XcmGT.3847

XcmGT.3847

To the BG Thief at Faithleap on SORBL, that was such a fun fight! I hope that we meet again on the battlefield…