7/12: SoS/TC/FA

in Match-ups

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

Ahh, the good ol’ days

Things are very different now.

At least we don’t completely give up on a week like Mag gives up to DB.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Escthiil.3210

Escthiil.3210

Thank you SoS for ever being a good sport and bringing 30 odd plus to zerg 5 people.

It has been fun.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rama.6439

Rama.6439

Dear TC,

We have enough people in EBG at the moment to defend almost anything, but not enough to siege SMC, your towers and keeps. Can you please come out of your towers and fight us in the open field? I hear FA drops a lot of precursors.

Forever Yours,
Cameid

Edit: Nevermind. I left the map. We got a little bored.

Caught this group trying to stack on us, while hiding in our tower, another trip to ANZ…

Attachments:

Arcubus Balefire – 80 Guardian
Välkyri – 80 Warrior
JQ[Lulz] – Kill fur Thrillz…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

And here i thought FA’s attitudes had changed. Good fights thus far everyone, looking forward to some more when i get back from my mini-vacation!

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lurock Turoth.9085

Lurock Turoth.9085

[FLOT] would like to send a big thank you to [CERN] for the use of their Heroes Banner on TCBL last night, very civic minded of you guys! cheers.

Angst Hex, [FLOT] BG Havoc/Roaming
http://www.twitch.tv/disasterdrew

in Match-ups

Posted by: Achilles.2197

Achilles.2197

Thank you SoS for ever being a good sport and bringing 30 odd plus to zerg 5 people.

It has been fun.

FA qq’ing about an SoS zerg? Is this a joke?

Âchillæs – Jade Quarry – GvG’ing before you knew what it was

in Match-ups

Posted by: Achilles.2197

Achilles.2197

My experience with FA is that individual skill of players and guilds are quite lacking. Once they face opponents with similar coverage they perform very poorly.

I couldn’t disagree more. Though some of them have terrible attitudes, they aren’t bad players at all.

I’ve found FA to be more fun to fight against than TC, not just because of the #‘s. FA is far more organized and coordinated imo. I don’t remember what guild it was (so I apologize) but they sieged Durios a couple nights ago and I was impressed by their coordination.

Âchillæs – Jade Quarry – GvG’ing before you knew what it was

in Match-ups

Posted by: ko killer.3692

ko killer.3692

It has been fun.

Oh please, the amount of times my 5 man groups have had to deal with this same issue from TC and FA is unreal.

Jade Quarry- Fang

in Match-ups

Posted by: Helly.2597

Helly.2597

It has been fun.

Oh please, the amount of times my 5 man groups have had to deal with this same issue from TC and FA is unreal.

Honestly its part of the game, every side has and will bring a zerg to destroy a 5 man team every now and then intentionally or not. Is it annoying? Of course, but it isn’t going to stop.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]
Ferguson’s Crossing Roamer

in Match-ups

Posted by: NinjaYoshi.3429

NinjaYoshi.3429

[FLOT] would like to send a big thank you to [CERN] for the use of their Heroes Banner on TCBL last night, very civic minded of you guys! cheers.

We would also like to request that you guys stop hunting us, as all we want to do is peacefully flip a camp or ten, and then we’ll be on our way.

Ze Butler – Level 80 Human Engineer, and a lot of alts
[YOHO] – Its a Pirate Life for Me

in Match-ups

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

We would also like to request that you guys stop hunting us, as all we want to do is peacefully flip a camp or ten, and then we’ll be on our way.

Dude I figured when CERN showed up in numbers on the map last night that FLOT and ACE were doing something right…

;)

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

With Swisscakie

Attachments:

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in Match-ups

Posted by: electriette.8952

electriette.8952

It has been fun.

Honestly its part of the game, every side has and will bring a zerg to destroy a 5 man team every now and then intentionally or not. Is it annoying? Of course, but it isn’t going to stop.

Thiiis. It’s kind of irritating to hear people complain about zerging when -all- three servers will form a zerg if they can field enough numbers to do so. As for small groups being zerged down, more often than not it’s simply being in the wrong place at the wrong time (or right place and right time).

But anyway, it’s been fun FA and SoS. Keep up the fights and most of all, have fun~

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kumo.8375

Kumo.8375

Ahh, the good ol’ days

At least we don’t completely give up on a week like FA gives up to DB.

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/39/83

in Match-ups

Posted by: percival.1934

percival.1934

Hiya guys, any oceanic / sea prime time guild from SoS / FA side want to do small GvG with us? we’re small guild with like 10-15 ppl in sea time slot want to test our pug movement lol.
give me PM if interested, ty <3

Einclad – Tarnished Coast
Kalau kamu bisa membaca ini, kamu sudah menghabiskan waktumu untuk hal yg tidak penting :D

in Match-ups

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Niim you still around? I haven’t seen AoN recently.

Yep, still playing, but I play a lot less, decided to enjoy summer AoN took a break when the summer started, might start playing when folks free up again but hard to say. The game hasn’t exactly improved in the areas that would be important to us.

You still playing?

~ AoN ~

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ethic.1569

Ethic.1569

WPvP’s 3rd Open World Tournament

What:

• 10 members from each server (TC, FA & SoS) compete in WvW 1v1 Duels using (WPvP House rules) to claim top dog bragging rights and humble prizes.
    • (Not SPvP)

How:

• Roster Signup @ Open World PvP
    • Roster closes on Tuesday (or when full). Posted soon after.

When:

• No set time. Competitors have until the end of match-up week to meetup with each other.
    • Duelists duel each duelist on opposing teams.

Where be all the SoS / FA duelers?
Roster Registration Tally

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

FA, you guys have become a bit squishy since we last met and , I have no idea what your commanders are thinking in EBG.

Every time we saw orange swords (not ours) in TC territory or in your own we tried to push TC. Each time you turned around and attacked our territory.

I now want a match with you, without your T2 brethren, really badly.
You guys have better coverage, so you will probably beat us PPT-wise; but I will have so many bags by the time it’s done that I’ll be happy anyhow.

TC, you’re being a bit classier this match than before. I’m really glad we are done with the condescending pep-talks and simply acknowledge that it’s a crap situation and we’ll do the best with it as we can.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sir William PD.9615

Sir William PD.9615

Now to something a little more fun…. last time TC/FA/ SoS matched up… we had great fun doing a Rainbow Dolyak Parade around SoS borderlands.

Who’s planning the next fun event?

We will have a dolyak parade this week I’ll make sure of it hehe :P If you want to contact me to make sure times are picked that all servers can join, like last time, feel free to! That massive parade still makes me happy!

Oh really?

-Thoryn Stormbrew, Dolyak Slayer
Purple Dragons – Fort Aspenwood
www.purpledragons.net

in Match-ups

Posted by: Karmik.2641

Karmik.2641

FA, you guys have become a bit squishy since we last met and , I have no idea what your commanders are thinking in EBG.

Every time we saw orange swords (not ours) in TC territory or in your own we tried to push TC. Each time you turned around and attacked our territory.

I now want a match with you, without your T2 brethren, really badly.
You guys have better coverage, so you will probably beat us PPT-wise; but I will have so many bags by the time it’s done that I’ll be happy anyhow.

TC, you’re being a bit classier this match than before. I’m really glad we are done with the condescending pep-talks and simply acknowledge that it’s a crap situation and we’ll do the best with it as we can.

As per this post. What a dishonor this is to read this. As a commander who focuses meta and actually tries to HELP you guys more often then not. As per the squishy, i want you to add me and when i am online you will whisper me. I would like to fight you open field and see what makes you think we are so squishy. Have a nice fight GL for the rest of the week.

[APS] Silo Menel- Guild Master

(edited by Karmik.2641)

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

As per this post. What a dishonor this is to read this. As a commander who focuses meta and actually tries to HELP you guys more often then not. As per the squishy, i want you to add me and when i am online you will whisper me. I would like to fight you open field and see what makes you think we are so squishy. Have a nice fight GL for the rest of the week.

dishonor, really? You’ve spent too much time around TC rp’rs.

I’m glad you have tried to organize the 2v1; but you are a noticeable minority.
Yesterday, on three separate occasions we tried to take heat off of FA and even cleared cannons and mortars off of North SMC to make it easy if your folks decided to push.
All three times the FA zerg rolled out of the Ogres and onto Umberglade, then pushed towards our Keep.

Anyhow, don’t take the “squishy” part personally if you were trying to take heat off of us. You wouldn’t have been any of the groups we curbstomped in our territory.

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

Yeah, I was actually laughing when TC sent 30+ people to take out 5 of your guys with a cata outside Klovan. They zerg so hard that I wonder if they ever can click anything other than the #1 skill all week long.

I was laughing the whole time I ran away then got ran over by one of the few FA zergs who dared take a TC camp.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rama.6439

Rama.6439

Hey FA, looks like you caught us hiding in our tower again…

Attachments:

Arcubus Balefire – 80 Guardian
Välkyri – 80 Warrior
JQ[Lulz] – Kill fur Thrillz…

in Match-ups

Posted by: theCOREYCOLAK.5698

theCOREYCOLAK.5698

Don’t bother with Corey hes got a chip on his shoulder because his horribad mesmer is carried by Pickle xD

;D I don’t deny the fact that I get carried but a support guardian. But at least I don’t have unrealistic expectations of my skill level while running a phantasm build xD

Corey Goes Shatter (One Fabulous Mesmer)
Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

Yeah, I was actually laughing when TC sent 30+ people to take out 5 of your guys with a cata outside Klovan. They zerg so hard that I wonder if they ever can click anything other than the #1 skill all week long.

I was laughing the whole time I ran away then got ran over by one of the few FA zergs who dared take a TC camp.

HEY! We don’t just use the ‘1’ key, thank you very much. We have to use the ‘F’ key as well, so we can pick up the loot bags. ;-)

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: sovereign.4128

sovereign.4128

HEY! We don’t just use the ‘1’ key, thank you very much. We have to use the ‘F’ key as well, so we can pick up the loot bags. ;-)

I find that I have to press the “f” key more than usual after fighting Sea Of Squishy zergs.

(edited by sovereign.4128)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lanimal.6541

Lanimal.6541

Yep, still playing, but I play a lot less, decided to enjoy summer AoN took a break when the summer started, might start playing when folks free up again but hard to say. The game hasn’t exactly improved in the areas that would be important to us.

You still playing?

Yeah but I mostly just run havoc squads now. Zerging got boring once we crossed the constant 40+ threshold.

Theongreyjoy
[VoTF] www.votf.net

in Match-ups

Posted by: sgtFuzzyboots.2318

sgtFuzzyboots.2318

Fun day on SoS BL, been fighting of FA and TC since 11am PST and had great fights all the time! Then TC decided to cap our entire BL, so fights turned kinda one sided. See y’all tomorrow!

Sgtfuzzyboots ~ Sylvari Elementalist ~ Commander
Fuzzy Vio ~ Azura Warrior
[BANE] – Reason For Extinction | Sea of Sorrows

in Match-ups

Posted by: Quells.2498

Quells.2498

Or are you embarrassed that all we have to do is press “1” to beat you?

Leader of Contre [VS], just a bunch of zen adults
focus on Dungeons, Fractals and Raiding.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Helly.2597

Helly.2597

Or are you embarrassed that all we have to do is press “1” to beat you?

Considering it was around 40 versus 7 that fight? I would be embarrassed if I were you due to the fact that we actually killed some of you. Here is a tip, mix 6 in with the 1 spam that way you will heal as well.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]
Ferguson’s Crossing Roamer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Quells.2498

Quells.2498

The numbers are going to increase each time one of you quote this isn’t it? lol
Again, the Hell is the point of these matchup threads?

Leader of Contre [VS], just a bunch of zen adults
focus on Dungeons, Fractals and Raiding.

in Match-ups

Posted by: urak.4863

urak.4863

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/history/39

/notroll

Just curious, what happened to FA? Before week 25, the end-week scores between TC and FA was much closer than in more recent matchups. Did you guys lose transfers or something?

I eat breakfast for dinner.

in Match-ups

Niim.9260

You still playing?

Yeah but I mostly just run havoc squads now. Zerging got boring once we crossed the constant 40+ threshold.

Who would have thought?

~ AoN ~

in Match-ups

Posted by: Omega.9601

Omega.9601

/notroll

Just curious, what happened to FA? Before week 25, the end-week scores between TC and FA was much closer than in more recent matchups. Did you guys lose transfers or something?

TC got a bunch of transfer guilds, how have you not noticed all your new guilds? Also it helps when a t2 server (DB) is in match up so the score is closer…

Fort Aspenwood
Ectoplasm Ltd [GLOB] – Elementalist

in Match-ups

Posted by: Charlie.5680

Charlie.5680

Massive props to commanders Virtual Hero and Kurtis from SoS, had lots of fun this weekend.

in Match-ups

Posted by: citadelli.2591

citadelli.2591

Gotta give it to FA on Monday night (pacific time) they brought some big numbers and cool strategies!
Mega fun!
Hollow

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avatara.1042

TC sure love to suicide at the SoS EB keep.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Andy.9137

Andy.9137

Don’t bother with Corey hes got a chip on his shoulder because his horribad mesmer is carried by Pickle xD

Well…from my perspective I would say he carries me, so much that normally I would rather not roam until he comes online.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

Hey FA, looks like you caught us hiding in our tower again…

Attachments:

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zoel.9154

Zoel.9154

/notroll

Nothing. We get about the same amount of points we usually do. There’s no third server and we’re out-covered. You’ll notice that in week 22 we actually out-performed our regular average against you despite the fact that the margin was greater than in previous matchups.

Zoel – GM of [coVn]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zoel.9154

Zoel.9154

Ahh, the good ol’ days

At least we don’t completely give up on a week like FA gives up to DB.

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/39/83

also still the score we usually have?

Zoel – GM of [coVn]

in Match-ups

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

/notroll

TC had Oceanic guilds transfer in. That unbalanced the matchups. It use to be that TC would do really well in the NA timezone and then would lose everything overnight. Where FA’s coverage was stronger.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

in Match-ups

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

/notroll

TC had Oceanic guilds transfer in. That unbalanced the matchups. It use to be that TC would do really well in the NA timezone and then would lose everything overnight. Where FA’s coverage was stronger.

And at least two NA guilds, one of which is fairly large.

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

in Match-ups

Posted by: SonOfKrypton.4357

SonOfKrypton.4357

Dear the Sea of Sorrows Warrior and Thief that I fought behind Bravost tower.

That was an excellent fight, got my heart racing. So, thank you both. The thief res’d fast because I think she thought I was going to /laugh. But I’m not like that.

Once again, thank you both <3

Attempting to contact arenanet.support seeking counselling expenses.

in Match-ups

Posted by: SiegHawk.7981

SiegHawk.7981

How could you 2 (TC,FA) do this too us!!!!!! This is Wrong!!!!! Having a secret affiar with SoS! That hole! Why must you cheat on us, what happen to those words about being together forever. T.T

Dragonbrand [EAT]
All I want is pure destruction!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lanimal.6541

Lanimal.6541

You still playing?

Who would have thought?

Don’t get me wrong I am not completely anti-zerging, I am against map-blobbing as I think its an inefficient use of resources and plays the PPT game poorly. I am cool with multiple 30-35 guild groups or zergs workin together to give the illusion of a map blob but I do not enjoy one tag per map blobbing the whole Q.

xD

Theongreyjoy
[VoTF] www.votf.net

in Match-ups

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

How could you 2 (TC,FA) do this too us!!!!!! This is Wrong!!!!! Having a secret affiar with SoS! That hole! Why must you cheat on us, what happen to those words about being together forever. T.T

We’ve seen running around with that hussy Maguuma!!!!!!!!!!

When you’re ready to get back on the wagon, let us know!

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: sparklevision.8109

sparklevision.8109

TC will run multiple blobs when it’s necessary, but often it’s not.

I think the only way to fix the ‘zerg always wins’ issue is to make the maps larger, or lower the caps per map. I’d rather see larger maps but I think that is impossible with the current engine. Also there is still the issue of skill lag, which would also lessen with lower caps. AND, they could make the current maps seem larger by removing lake(s) and purely NPC areas (skritt, centaurs, etc).

For those that still enjoy WvW, enjoy!

Furnished Host | Angels of Eternal Destiny
On hiatus from GW2 since mid-July 2013

in Match-ups

Niim.9260

You still playing?

Who would have thought?

Don’t get me wrong I am not completely anti-zerging, I am against map-blobbing as I think its an inefficient use of resources and plays the PPT game poorly. I am cool with multiple 30-35 guild groups or zergs workin together to give the illusion of a map blob but I do not enjoy one tag per map blobbing the whole Q.

xD

I would agree with that assessment, though I think 25ish is a better number organizationally then 30-35, get more from your peeps at a bit smaller size, imo.

~ AoN ~

in Match-ups

Niim.9260

I think the only way to fix the ‘zerg always wins’ issue is to make the maps larger, or lower the caps per map.

I do not think there is a ‘zerg always wins’ issue now. Zergs are hugely inefficient and not up to par with coordinating squads.

The game favors zerging, in every conceivable way, and that is why we have zergs. Not because they always win.

~ AoN ~