7/12: SoS/TC/FA

in Match-ups

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

Oh please, the amount of times my 5 man groups have had to deal with this same issue from TC and FA is unreal.

Yeah, I was actually laughing when TC sent 30+ people to take out 5 of your guys with a cata outside Klovan. They zerg so hard that I wonder if they ever can click anything other than the #1 skill all week long.

I was laughing the whole time I ran away then got ran over by one of the few FA zergs who dared take a TC camp.

I feel bad for high tier players that are “stuck” on a low tier server. They just gets bitter and becomes a forum warrior. So sad to see.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

in Match-ups

Posted by: Omega.9601

Omega.9601

lol XD……………………..

Attachments:

Fort Aspenwood
Ectoplasm Ltd [GLOB] – Elementalist

in Match-ups

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

Oh please, the amount of times my 5 man groups have had to deal with this same issue from TC and FA is unreal.

Yeah, I was actually laughing when TC sent 30+ people to take out 5 of your guys with a cata outside Klovan. They zerg so hard that I wonder if they ever can click anything other than the #1 skill all week long.

I was laughing the whole time I ran away then got ran over by one of the few FA zergs who dared take a TC camp.

I feel bad for high tier players that are “stuck” on a low tier server. They just gets bitter and becomes a forum warrior. So sad to see.

Bandwagon more.

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zinthros.6589

Zinthros.6589

http://local-spike.com/live

Making up for our lack of reset night stream and recent activity (I was sick and my EVE Alliance was re-deploying to a new system).

Varamyr Langkron / Kirk Vandergrift
Commander on Tarnished Coast [RE]
Greatsword Ranger before it was cool

in Match-ups

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

I feel bad for low tier players that are “stuck” on a high tier server. They just gets bitter and becomes a forum warrior. So sad to see.

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in Match-ups

Posted by: junglizm.5843

junglizm.5843

Fighting TC on a casual Monday night. Pretty much how 90% of roaming in small groups with TC in your matchup will go.

http://youtu.be/_NXfJMj-dwI

twitch.tv/junglizm
Accelerant [BURN] – Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sista.1925

Sista.1925

Nice RP walk....

Baby Sista
Listening to Prince.
IOJ>KAIN>FA….few stops in between and after.

in Match-ups

Posted by: sparklevision.8109

sparklevision.8109

Kites are clearly OP, or UP, or PP, or TCP/IP.. LMNOP…. PDP-11 20 bit words

AEIOEOAUEUAWOIEOAFWEOAEWF.. P

Furnished Host | Angels of Eternal Destiny
On hiatus from GW2 since mid-July 2013

in Match-ups

CHIPS.6018

Bandwagon more.

Don’t blame us, blame the game.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Savalis.9037

Savalis.9037

RP walk killed it.

Savalis – [oT]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

Tarnished Coast Dolyak Parade
The Dolyak parade will be happening again this week! This week it will be Wednesday, (TOMORROW) at 6 PM ST. The day was chosen to help accommodate the SoS people, when I was told that they did a lot of guild trainings on Thursdays. The TC dolyak parade has had a fantastic history of bringing servers together for 10-15 minutes of silly fun!

What is the Dolyak Parade?
Well, simply put, it is a parade, of dolyaks. Though some people like to tonic as other creatures and run with us, even the infamous “guy who wants to kill the dolyaks”. What we do is start at one spot of a borderland and do a parade around the entire map, ending in a glorious mass dolyak sacrifice to the dolyak god into one of the server spawns (we tend to like to play a small game to see who can get the furthest before getting killed!).

When and where?
Tomorrow, Wednesday, July 17 at 6 PM server time (PST)
We always start by the windmill of whatever borderland we start in. I will choose which BL the day off about 30-45 minutes ahead of time to try to avoid queues, as well as making sure the borderland picked affects the game play minimally (I tend to ask commanders I know whats going on in the borderlands).

How?
How do you turn into a Dolyak?! Well, there are several ways. The simplest, and cheapest, is to use a ruminant tonic. These can turn you into one of several types of animals, so you just keep using them until you get a dolyak. If you attend and do not have these, or just don’t want to buy, then a friendly DOLY representative will be able to give you them! You may also buy a dolyak tincture from the event NPC (traveling salesman) at the Yak’s Bend WP in Frostgorge, though these get expensive. There are also the endless tonics from the Wintersday events.

Please watch the forums for more information tomorrow, and I hope you all show up for some silly fun. FYI, you CAN use the new kites IN DOLYAK FORM! If you have any questions, feel free to send me an in game message, forum message, or an in game mail, or simply post them here!

Attachments:

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

I see FA is finally starting to understand 2v1, but it hasn’t soaked in. When you attack TC, and see SoS taking a TC tower, don’t attack SoS. TC has 4 towers and a keep so I don’t see why you feel the need to come after the towers we capped from them.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shrouded.6450

Shrouded.6450

Brah…..seriously.

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

1. Thanks for calling me high tier…I think

2. I’m not stuck, I choose SoS

3. I’m not bitter, I just have a lot of spare time that I can’t spend in game at times. If something happens that is either amusing or WTH; I’ll probably mention it.

My comment seems to have struck a nerve somehow. You guys (TC) do zerg a lot and you tend to send 30 people to do the job of 10.
Usually that’s what happens when you have a lot of PvE’rs coming in for an easier week, but since this seems to have hit so many “hardcore” TC’rs where they live maybe I was wrong in my assumption.
Either way, you enjoy your meteoric 2 point gain in the ratings and I’ll enjoy all that nice loot you have nicely given to us.

in Match-ups

Posted by: linfurong.9032

linfurong.9032

Chuu Chuu, do you even count, bro?

That’s a lot more than 17 people.

Attachments:

Stealthiest britches on FA

in Match-ups

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

@TC/FA on SoS border today. Nice fights. wish we had some more bodies to do ops while we messed around with yours zergs though

See you in game.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in Match-ups

Posted by: JudgeD.5673

JudgeD.5673

I’m wondering where FA got these numbers. Still…good fights.

Attachments:

The Robertsons – Julie, Lyana, Adrian, and Lewis
CrSy/LaWz
Tarnished Coast Server (formerly of Kaineng)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Night Hawk Ix.7360

Night Hawk Ix.7360

Can a officer from TC’s [yumm] please msg me ingame, I want to speak to them about something.

Mez You Up
Blackgate

in Match-ups

Shrouded.6450

3. I’m not bitter, I just have a lot of spare time that I can’t spend in game at times. If something happens that is either amusing or WTH; I’ll probably mention it.

My comment seems to have struck a nerve somehow. You guys (TC) do zerg a lot and you tend to send 30 people to do the job of 10.
Usually that’s what happens when you have a lot of PvE’rs coming in for an easier week, but since this seems to have hit so many “hardcore” TC’rs where they live maybe I was wrong in my assumption.
Either way, you enjoy your meteoric 2 point gain in the ratings and I’ll enjoy all that nice loot you have nicely given to us.

You forgot to include how you defeated 300 of us single handedly…

in Match-ups

Posted by: SiegHawk.7981

SiegHawk.7981

Wheres the break up fun in bed TC/FA!!!!!

Dragonbrand [EAT]
All I want is pure destruction!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Professor Sensei.2941

Professor Sensei.2941

Can a officer from TC’s [yumm] please msg me ingame, I want to speak to them about something.

Leader here. Whats up?

Professor Sensei – Thief
Everything Purple

in Match-ups

Posted by: Andy.9137

Andy.9137

If anyone would like to do small fights, 2-5 people, please mail me in-game

(edited by Andy.9137)

in Match-ups

Posted by: SnakeMx.3784

SnakeMx.3784

If you see it with Chu chu eyes, I only see 14 there. Nothing you can’t handle right? I mean you were 17

[RET] Warrior

Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Night Hawk Ix.7360

Getting bored of camping the kite in the JP with ur grp then Andy? :P

Oh nice work this week btw FA i like to see TC work for it lol

Mez You Up
Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: neomccoy.2657

neomccoy.2657

Had fun tonight in FABL vs RET/RAM coordinated attacks.

Here is the video of this match-up so far, unbiased view since i kept the parts that we got wiped. Enjoy Keep up the great fights FA!!! Hoping to see SoS more.

Everything Purple [EP] – Tarnished Coast
Stone Walled – Guardian; Plaguefest – Necro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjs6MOa8ukw

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

where you the bunker guard & mes I ran into earlier?

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

in Match-ups

Posted by: Andy.9137

Andy.9137

where you the bunker guard & mes I ran into earlier?

maybe

yes

(edited by Andy.9137)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Moh Jay.7240

Moh Jay.7240

Fighting TC on a casual Monday night. Pretty much how 90% of roaming in small groups with TC in your matchup will go.

http://youtu.be/_NXfJMj-dwI

Lmfao beautiful video

Fort Aspenwood – Worst guardian in Guild Wars
Unreal Aussies [uA]
Embrace the Enemy [Corp]

in Match-ups

Posted by: JudgeD.5673

JudgeD.5673

If you see it with Chu chu eyes, I only see 14 there. Nothing you can’t handle right? I mean you were 17

Nope, I meant in all the engagements I’ve been in that involved FA. I’m genuinely curious as that reminded me of DB SEA or Mag’s karma train, both of which are 70-80 ppl.

The Robertsons – Julie, Lyana, Adrian, and Lewis
CrSy/LaWz
Tarnished Coast Server (formerly of Kaineng)

(edited by JudgeD.5673)

in Match-ups

CHIPS.6018

Your server don’t have manpower. Its not our problem that you only have 10 guys around to do jobs that normally requires 30, and have to pray that the enemy zerg don’t find you and wipe you out. Obvious fact is TC is bigger than SOS. If you chose SOS then BE HAPPY about being there. Stop being bitter and jealous on bigger servers. Thanks.

If you want fair even fight, you are on the wrong server my friend. 30 men zerg is the norn of WvW. Its what the game is designed around, not 10.

(edited by CHIPS.6018)

in Match-ups

Posted by: urak.4863

urak.4863

Why? is this the new meta now?

Attachments:

I eat breakfast for dinner.

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

Your server don’t have manpower. Its not our problem that you only have 10 guys around to do jobs that normally requires 30, and have to pray that the enemy zerg don’t find you and wipe you out. Obvious fact is TC is bigger than SOS. If you chose SOS then BE HAPPY about being there. Stop being bitter and jealous on bigger servers. Thanks.

If you want fair even fight, you are on the wrong server my friend. 30 men zerg is the norn of WvW. Its what the game is designed around, not 10.

No jealousy, if you remember my original post I thought it funny how we can pull almost half of your EB presence to a single location with 7 people. I was laughing because if we can ever get our ducks in a row, we can do that all day long and give more numerous opponents like TC and DB a real headache.

You should be paying attention because eventually you’re going to roll high and face T1. Other than that one week with SoR you haven’t been outnumbered in some time (with all humble respect to long-time TC’rs who know that well) so you might be thinking about ways to get around the numbers situation(s) yourselves and still have fun in off weeks.

in Match-ups

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

No jealousy, if you remember my original post I thought it funny how we can pull almost half of your EB presence to a single location with 7 people. I was laughing because if we can ever get our ducks in a row, we can do that all day long and give more numerous opponents like TC and DB a real headache.

You should be paying attention because eventually you’re going to roll high and face T1. Other than that one week with SoR you haven’t been outnumbered in some time (with all humble respect to long-time TC’rs who know that well) so you might be thinking about ways to get around the numbers situation(s) yourselves and still have fun in off weeks.

I think this is a pathology that runs through WvW as a whole and is not a TC thing.

I’m going to guess it’s because being a commander is like herding cats. If the commander wants to deal with the threat the 7 of you face, he has to go himself, pulling his zerg along with him.

There’s also an obvious desire to have great numerical superiority before engaging. Sure people attack 5 on 1, but they seem hesitant to do so if the odds are even 2 to 1. I’ve seen a larger force break and flee before a smaller one. I’ve also seen 10 people hide behind a wall while 7 others knocked it down with a catapult.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

I think this is a pathology that runs through WvW as a whole and is not a TC thing.

I’m going to guess it’s because being a commander is like herding cats. If the commander wants to deal with the threat the 7 of you face, he has to go himself, pulling his zerg along with him.

There’s also an obvious desire to have great numerical superiority before engaging. Sure people attack 5 on 1, but they seem hesitant to do so if the odds are even 2 to 1. I’ve seen a larger force break and flee before a smaller one. I’ve also seen 10 people hide behind a wall while 7 others knocked it down with a catapult.

It tends to happen a lot, but this is where TC can and should improve. Good scouts can say, “5-8 SoS with a single cata out in the open in front of T3 walled Klovan.” and the commanders on the map should know a good small ops group that can deal with it.

I’m contending that the TC group that day was so zerged up that there was no small ops group, just 2 zergs of 30+ roaming around.

Something missed in all the FW’ing; I kinda like you guys. I also recognize that your “A” team hasn’t been trying as hard so you aren’t at “full power”. However, you will be tested eventually and I hope you don’t embarrass yourselves, (because who wants to say they got beat by a server who couldn’t cut it?)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

I’m contending that the TC group that day was so zerged up that there was no small ops group, just 2 zergs of 30+ roaming around.

Something missed in all the FW’ing; I kinda like you guys. I also recognize that your “A” team hasn’t been trying as hard so you aren’t at “full power”. However, you will be tested eventually and I hope you don’t embarrass yourselves, (because who wants to say they got beat by a server who couldn’t cut it?)

Good theory on paper but doesn’t work in practice.

When those 7 people and that camp being flipped are “the only action in town” that’s where the Zerg is going to roll.

We will have to use completely different and improved tactics if the ANet RNG Gods ever grant us a chance to fight a higher-ranked Server again and chances are if they do the match won’t go well for TC because we are rusty and lazy with a lot of our more serious WvWers losing interest. The worst part is we would only likely get matched up for a week while I know it takes TC 2-4 weeks to adapt to higher competition.

We do have guilds and individuals working on training and stuff right now but WvW is a PvP activity and people like to find fights even if it means 30v7.

NAGA|TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

Contrary to the tone of the last few posts, last night in EB was pretty fun. Got to have a pretty good three-way brawl in front of SMC, with all three servers slugging it out in open field fighting. Really fun stuff, and I really appreciate the SoS and FA folks who were there. No siege, no hiding behind walls, just a great force on force on force slugfest!

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

Just a friendly reminder to y’all that the Dolyak parade will start tonight at 6 PM ST!! I hope you all come out!

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in Match-ups

Night Hawk Ix.7360

Contrary to the tone of the last few posts, last night in EB was pretty fun. Got to have a pretty good three-way brawl in front of SMC, with all three servers slugging it out in open field fighting. Really fun stuff, and I really appreciate the SoS and FA folks who were there. No siege, no hiding behind walls, just a great force on force on force slugfest!

LOL makes me laugh TC keeps saying they enjoy open field fight, but ONLY when they have superior numbers. Otherwise they will sit in towers and use seige, I didnt see TC do many reg open field fights vs SoR for that reason. You keep claiming u want them yet you continue to only do them when you have the numbers to win the fight with ease. Also double teaming the weaker server every day now shows us you like to contradict what you say.

Point is TC has bigger numbers so you enjoy open fighting without seige bacause u know u will win and have a nice bag farm, no skill (from most of the pugs) just numbers.

Mez You Up
Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

LOL makes me laugh TC keeps saying they enjoy open field fight, but ONLY when they have superior numbers. Otherwise they will sit in towers and use seige, I didnt see TC do many reg open field fights vs SoR for that reason. You keep claiming u want them yet you continue to only do them when you have the numbers to win the fight with ease. Also double teaming the weaker server every day now shows us you like to contradict what you say.

Point is TC has bigger numbers so you enjoy open fighting without seige bacause u know u will win and have a nice bag farm, no skill (from most of the pugs) just numbers.

I made a prediction to myself on how many forum warriors would respond like this to my post saying thanks for the fun fight. Obviously, you weren’t there for that really fun fight, but thanks for the input.

The tally stands at one silly forum warrior post. Any more coming? xD

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Shrouded.6450

I’m guessing some of you guys wanna go back to a T4 matchup now huh?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Achilles.2197

Achilles.2197

I’m guessing some of you guys wanna go back to a T4 matchup now huh?

SoS is T3

Âchillæs – Jade Quarry – GvG’ing before you knew what it was

in Match-ups

Shrouded.6450

O yea, you guys are a t3 server, but you guys were picking on T4 servers back then. Pretty sure you guys didn’t enjoy that. I think you guys were the zerg server in that tier? Or is it PVD?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Spent about 8 hours yesterday fighting off being double teamed by TC and FA on our side of the map in EB, that includes having our keep taken by both sides about 5 times during that time. At least it kept our out manned “zerg” busy all day and got some rewards out of it, we definitely don’t have the numbers during the day to compete with TC or FA and their zergs they’re just a sea of red.

As for competition lol, the only competition I see is TC and FA trying to see who can beat on SoS more. It’s like watching two bullies(TC FA) stomping on a nerd(SoS) while just glaring at each other(TC FA). What was the FA commander doing yesterday? barely stepped foot into TC area, never mind running through us to cap a couple towers as well lol. I hate this match up system so much now because it usually screws over a couple servers for the week by putting them in mismatched fights. Oh well hopefully we get more appropriate opponents next week for a change.

Anyways a big thank you to our commanders Virtual Hero and Mes Portia, for being patient with the scattered force and still being able to keep us fighting back rather than being completely locked out.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shiro Ryuujin.6412

Shiro Ryuujin.6412

It’s amusing he says that, yet early this morning (EST) your zerg easily doubled or tripled ours (TC), but the second we pushed even a little bit they all ran back inside SM and manned the siege even though we weren’t trying to take SMC, but hey, I suppose only other servers could possibly do wrong…not your own, am I right?

in Match-ups

Achilles.2197

O yea, you guys are a t3 server, but you guys were picking on T4 servers back then. Pretty sure you guys didn’t enjoy that. I think you guys were the zerg server in that tier? Or is it PVD?

CD is also T3, and their zergs were actually larger than ours during NA.

Our Oceanics do an amazing job.

in Match-ups

Shrouded.6450

Don’t think CD is T3, our off peak time is stronger than theirs and yours were stronger than ours until recently. Maybe top T4….

in Match-ups

Achilles.2197

after next reset they will be rank 9, and thus bottom of t3

in Match-ups

Posted by: jacobo.8240

jacobo.8240

It’s amusing he says that, yet early this morning (EST) your zerg easily doubled or tripled ours (TC), but the second we pushed even a little bit they all ran back inside SM and manned the siege even though we weren’t trying to take SMC, but hey, I suppose only other servers could possibly do wrong…not your own, am I right?

lol, guess TC had the outnumbered buff during this morning, huh? well that’s an amazing story. In NA time we have the outnumbered buff 90% of the day and see big TC zergs all day hiding in their towers, yet you would only push us if you see FA causing troubles in our territory, because you only play for PPT and you just want some easy points.

Also, if you say that SoS zerg “ran away from your 20” while we had 40-60 man, good!, now you know how we feel when we want to fight you in open field and you just run away to your nearest tower and man siege because you don’t have a bigger zerg to secure the victory.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

A question to some Tc’ers, you guys obviously outnumber all of us right. So why do you insist on recruiting new guilds constantly?

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

in Match-ups

Shrouded.6450

Nothing to do with you guys really. I’m thinking we’re slowly prepping to get stomped in t1 and trust me T1 is a lot bigger than us.