7/19: JQ/TC/FA

in Match-ups

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

FA wins the least players fielded award.

TC vs JQ, fight!!

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Justin.5231

Justin.5231

I think FA and TC should call truce and focus on JQ, and before people cry about how unfair this would be..so is the population difference between JQ and the other 2. It would meerly just even out stuff

Haha our guild actually mentioned that earlier and said that would be smart of you.
Bring it on hehe :p

It would be nice if opposing teams could at least talk to each other through the /s option on WvW.

in Match-ups

Justin.5231

TC and JQ seem pretty even population wise.

NO WAY.

-SEA Timezone player

Ive heard people mention SEA a lot on this matchup. What does that mean exactly in regards to WvW?

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

FABL is such a juicy target for the TC/JQ zergs, I don’t possibly see a truce being anything but one sided. The temptation to hit the weakest server is too strong.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

TC and FA working together? LOL, I don’t see that ever happening.

It actually happened. DB complained about an imagined 2v1 so much that we actually made it happen – it’s what made most of the bad FA and TC blood go away, and it was huge fun besides!

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: SnakeMx.3784

SnakeMx.3784

Is there a public holiday or something in Australia? I barely saw any FA Oceanics online today. Maybe I wasn’t in the same area etc but I only saw DPS guild in the last hour or so @ TCBL. Its a bit rough trying to fight JQ SEA 1v1.

Well DPS and PRO are mostly our WvW guilds at that time slot, sometimes uA joins them. You should allready know that …

[RET] Warrior

Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

NO WAY.

-SEA Timezone player

Ive heard people mention SEA a lot on this matchup. What does that mean exactly in regards to WvW?

South East Asia – JQ has the largest WvW player-base from that region of any Server.

Since WvW is fought 24/7 having players from all regions of the world can have a big impact on how well a Server does during the week.

TC and FA have some but not near JQ’s numbers. We’ll keep coming out and fighting all week but expect to see huge PPT/Point-swings between different times of the day.

NAGA|TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

What happened to FA? I mean, wasn’t it like the top T2 server few months ago?

in Match-ups

Dhampyr.2104

FA is still strong – TC and DB both gained some guilds, though. Before that, T2 was usually a close race between FA, TC, and DB.

Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Justin.5231

NO WAY.

-SEA Timezone player

South East Asia – JQ has the largest WvW player-base from that region of any Server.

Since WvW is fought 24/7 having players from all regions of the world can have a big impact on how well a Server does during the week.

TC and FA have some but not near JQ’s numbers. We’ll keep coming out and fighting all week but expect to see huge PPT/Point-swings between different times of the day.

Thanks I wonder how they figure out where everyone is from :O

in Match-ups

Posted by: SlothBear.9846

SlothBear.9846

Not even close, TC usually only has enough people to fill TCBL and EB. JQ has enough to fill every map

Outside of reset, JQ hasn’t maxed every map in months. TC is fielding zergs that would compare to BlackGate’s. Not SoR’s, but nobody zergs that hard.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ethic.1569

Ethic.1569

WPvP’s 3rd Open World Tournament

What:

• 10 Teams from each server (TC, JQ & FA) compete in WvW 2v2 Duels using (WPvP House rules) to claim top dog bragging rights and humble prizes.
    • (Not SPvP)

How:

• Roster Signup @ Open World PvP
    • Roster closes on Tuesday (or when full). Posted soon after.

When:

• No set time. Competitors have until the end of match-up week to meetup with each other.
    • Teams duel each opposing team.

Reminder before I head off for the weekend.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Twinbros.5372

Twinbros.5372

Well here is to hoping this week goes by fast, gonna keep out of WvW for the most part. I don’t mind losing to skill, but losing to numbers is just boring and I would rather PVE and gather monies for next weeks match.

Tarnished Coast. 80 Elementalist , 80 Ranger, 80 Mesmer, 80 Guardian

in Match-ups

Posted by: Waage.2047

Waage.2047

Man i wish i could take part in something like that. I am stuck with smelly SoR and DB

[RK] – Guild Leader and awesome Warrior – BG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Achilles.2197

Achilles.2197

Well here is to hoping this week goes by fast, gonna keep out of WvW for the most part. I don’t mind losing to skill, but losing to numbers is just boring and I would rather PVE and gather monies for next weeks match.

When I was on SoS in the last matchup you guys all showed up

Âchillæs – Jade Quarry – GvG’ing before you knew what it was

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aerial Melodies.4938

Aerial Melodies.4938

Not even close, TC usually only has enough people to fill TCBL and EB. JQ has enough to fill every map

I found it very even across all three servers in JQBL last night, but of course it’s during the week that really counts in the end. TC was giving good fights this morning as well, so hopefully everyone keeps up the momentum. JQ hasn’t filled up every map in months because people were tired of the same boring match ups filled with skill lag. Now that we’re against two new teams, it’s shiny and pretty so everyone’s popping in, I guess. I’ll be out there looking for fights with my small team during the week! JQ on the weekend is a pretty terrible force to reckon with I must admit, so don’t give up hope.

I did notice the lack of FA this morning, but I was also up at some crazy hours. I can’t imagine most NA people get up at 7am on a Saturday to collect bags. I do hope to see more FA out during the NA timezone this week; I loved that you guys didn’t give up and went for the fight every time (and you held us off Bay multiple times, kudos!).

Ele for Hire

(edited by Aerial Melodies.4938)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Super Kruegs.8967

Super Kruegs.8967

Glad TC wanted this match up with JQ. My guess is by Monday that’s all you’re going to be fighting. FA struggles keeping our keeps in T2 SEA. With this match up no one is going to upgrade a keep ever. We were outmanned in our own BL 5 hours into reset, so yay hope you like each others cookies cause we all out!

FA [WS]. Small group fights since 2012

in Match-ups

Twinbros.5372

Glad TC wanted this match up with JQ. My guess is by Monday that’s all you’re going to be fighting. FA struggles keeping our keeps in T2 SEA. With this match up no one is going to upgrade a keep ever. We were outmanned in our own BL 5 hours into reset, so yay hope you like each others cookies cause we all out!

TC did not want this match up lol

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shrouded.6450

Shrouded.6450

^ Don’t mind him. Been awhile since he posted here, he usually mocks TC for showing up to fight whenever they’re outnumbered. :p

But yea, I think JQ could use the break and TC get the challenge it needed to improve some more. Let’s all have good fight.

(edited by Shrouded.6450)

in Match-ups

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

TC and FA working together? LOL, I don’t see that ever happening.

It actually happened. DB complained about an imagined 2v1 so much that we actually made it happen – it’s what made most of the bad FA and TC blood go away, and it was huge fun besides!

That’s pretty much what happened to BG.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

TC did not want this match up lol

Actually many on TC did

FA and DB don’t have the coverage TC does.

For people who care about improving our server strategies and tactics, for honing our skills at Scouting, Defense, Strike Teams, Havoc Squads, and cross-guild/cross-map coordination a match with a T1 Server was needed.

FA and DB both have great guilds and there have been some good fights against them but working on your overall meta-game requires Servers with equal or better coverage to your own. This is a HUGE learning opportunity for TC and I hope we are able to take advantage of it.

NAGA|TC

in Match-ups

Justin.5231

If everyone on a server thinks like that, then that would be WHY a server could lose to sheer numbers.
Every person helps man. We went against BG and SoR for a long time and kept pushing no matter what even though we knew we could get trampled from numbers.

But how you play is up to you. Just saying, don’t give up hope

in Match-ups

Posted by: globe.7238

globe.7238

I have to say this is a breath of fresh air and the new match up is very much welcomed. I enjoyed the many fights on TC BL last night from both TC and FA, was nice not constantly running into 50 man blobs. Thank you guys for the fights and i’m looking forward to the many more we’ll have this week.

Imminent Demise » [iD] « Blackgate

in Match-ups

Twinbros.5372

^ Don’t mind him. Been awhile since he posted here, he usually mocks TC for showing up to fight whenever they’re outnumbered. :p

But yea, I think JQ could use the break and TC get the challenge it needed to improve some more. Let’s all have good fight.

I’m actually not mocking anyone, but i guess dumb kittenes like you wouldn’t have gathered that from actually reading my post.

in Match-ups

Posted by: MuffinMan.3285

MuffinMan.3285

Just want to say I had fun trying to sneak past TC and JQ to get into FA BL garrison most of the reset night…I just got my Mesmer to lvl 80 (mostly by crafting) so if you saw a really scrub Mesmer from Drgn last night…that was me But I did learn a few nifty hiding places in garrison

WvW isnt fun anymore :(

in Match-ups

Posted by: moolie.5927

moolie.5927

Why would you ever take a break from WvW with a fresh matchup?

It’s not like we’re T1 anyways. More like T1.5.

Just another careless bird.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ezeriel.9574

Ezeriel.9574

FA’s commanders are what happened.

Most days I avoid TS like the plague. The only thing worse than hearing “stack on me” every 10 seconds, is the endless whining about people not stacking.

…and for the love of god, most of our commanders want us to stack to go from Mendon’s to Speldon’s camp.

…and, now, on a good day, we get everyone together, from every map, stack up and take SMC from TC. We give up our Bay, maybe Gari, at least 2 towers, but we get SMC, and 10 minutes later TC takes it back.

Add to it all the frustration from Anet’s horrid class balance. “Thieves keep killing our yaks…” “Yeah? WTF do you want me to do about it???”

….and it’s all gettin’ old.

There’s also the joy of taking an hour to build up a tower’s siege, just to have it zoom-carted down, as a thief in the ground kills your tower lord.

…or when a wall/door hacking mesmer ports ’em into your keep.

The only way to play the engineer is to exploit it.
Playing the engineer “as intended” is simply not viable.

in Match-ups

Posted by: JudgeD.5673

JudgeD.5673

So what was up with FA BL around noon eastern? I was in a havoc group, and we kept finding JQ counter havoc (expected), FA counter havoc (not expected), FA main zerg (expected), or JQ main zerg (expected). I must say I’ve never seen this side of FA before, and it was a challenge to avoid them, since it seemed they were everywhere. /salute

The Robertsons – Julie, Lyana, Adrian, and Lewis
CrSy/LaWz
Tarnished Coast Server (formerly of Kaineng)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

Last night was a blast on JQ bl. Had a ton of fun skirmishing with JQ and our old pals( read: foes) FA. Looking forward to great week of WvW.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in Match-ups

Posted by: Squidlips.3817

Squidlips.3817

FA’s commanders are what happened.

Most days I avoid TS like the plague. The only thing worse than hearing “stack on me” every 10 seconds, is the endless whining about people not stacking.

…and for the love of god, most of our commanders want us to stack to go from Mendon’s to Speldon’s camp.

To each their own, I suppose. I breathe a sigh of relief when I hear someone actually commanding because it means the fights won’t be unorganized messes resembling a herd of cats.

Straight Dumpstered [ONE] – Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: SlothBear.9846

SlothBear.9846

FA fights very hard and I have much respect for them even after a day, but numberswise this is not the matchup they really need to be in. You know what I’d like to to see is BG/JQ/TC.

This would be the 2-3-4 servers in total population, but I think all three have fairly similar fighting styles and seem to enjoy open field fighting a lot. I would expect a ton of skirmishing and relentless keep pushes (TC is tenacious in that respect…what JQ could do if everyone we had fought as hard). I think that would be more of a three way.

Not intended as disrespect to FA, you guys are fighting harder than you should be able to pound for pound that’s for sure. =)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Super Kruegs.8967

Super Kruegs.8967

Lots of Big FA guilds are rolling no tag to get their guild tighter. If you see a commander he/she is probably being followed by a few guild members and pugs. FA is going away from blobbing for more fights, less lag, and more TS3 harmony. We really do not like blobbing and will only do it for the most part to defend big prizes.

FA [WS]. Small group fights since 2012

in Match-ups

Posted by: Atrophied.8725

Atrophied.8725

A good number of TC guilds have been doing that same thing for a while. Tagless is the new thing.

Xandra – 80s in all classes – Ele/Guard mains – [TL] – NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Eniko.1476

Eniko.1476

Some of us don’t have a guild to roam with so we have to pug, following a tag is the best we can do. As FA players, now’s probably not the time to get down on your puggers cause they’re already disinclined to get out there and fight in this matchup.

For the record, I’m an FA pugger and I’ve been getting out there. I just consider it a victory if I take down more of the other guys before I go down myself.

in Match-ups

Posted by: neonreaper.4805

neonreaper.4805

FA fights very hard and I have much respect for them even after a day, but numberswise this is not the matchup they really need to be in. You know what I’d like to to see is BG/JQ/TC.

This would be the 2-3-4 servers in total population, but I think all three have fairly similar fighting styles and seem to enjoy open field fighting a lot. I would expect a ton of skirmishing and relentless keep pushes (TC is tenacious in that respect…what JQ could do if everyone we had fought as hard). I think that would be more of a three way.

Not intended as disrespect to FA, you guys are fighting harder than you should be able to pound for pound that’s for sure. =)

We’re (FA) in a weird spot because coverage-wise we are way behind TC and DB, but way ahead of SoS and Mags. A few times we could scrap a second place finish in tier 2, but that wasn’t typical.

I think we’re going through some adjustments, guilds trying to tighten things up, so some militia are finding the best place for action/direction/wxp/helping out to be havoc, so you might see a bit more of that. That’s my experience anyway, I crafted some alts up to 80 and am trying to L2P. It seems like it’s breathing new life into my play experience for now.

[BE] Pumpkin / Rhinox3 / Reyn Time / Pale
Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: moolie.5927

moolie.5927

So out of curiosity, how many TC players RP while they WvW?

Just another careless bird.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

Exactly 137. But don’t quote me on that number.

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in Match-ups

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

Bah I wish we had DB vs TC vs JQ instead of FA. FA doesn’t even take camps on JQ BL lol. They just ignore it entirely for the most part.

(edited by timidobserver.7925)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ezeriel.9574

Ezeriel.9574

FA barely has enough to hold it’s gari at the moment… picking a fight with JQ wouldn’t help the situation.

On the up side, when the loot bag express (TC) gets to the lords room we’ll be ready for ’em. On the down side, I gotta get some sleep.

FA’s coverage took a big hit with GODS leaving, but they took Derv with them when they left, so it’s a win in the long run.

…one less drama queen.

The only way to play the engineer is to exploit it.
Playing the engineer “as intended” is simply not viable.

in Match-ups

Dhampyr.2104

Bah I wish we had DB vs TC vs JQ instead of FA. FA doesn’t even take camps on JQ BL lol. They just ignore it entirely for the most part.

I disagree completely. FA fights. IMHO, FA is tons more fun than DB to face. They just don’t have the numbers/coverage to compete in PPT.

Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: electriette.8952

electriette.8952

Outside of reset, JQ hasn’t maxed every map in months. TC is fielding zergs that would compare to BlackGate’s. Not SoR’s, but nobody zergs that hard.

It’s kind of difficult to gauge WvW population right now because:
a) it’s the weekend
b) JQ entered this matchup after facing BG/SoR for weeks (which means your pop. would have decreased somewhat [or a lot] because of the lack of matchup diversity etc.)
c) TC entered this matchup after a long string of victories (some are more close than others), so we will have some fairweathers around.
Gotta wait until weekdays to see how many numbers we can consistently field~

I found it interesting (though not surprising) that EBG had no queue during oceanic time, when we would be able to queue this map at that time. Heh.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wiseman.4075

Wiseman.4075

To the FA char engineer that couldnt leave woodheaven to occupied by [RE],

Hats off to you my friend. I enjoy a good engi fight and i have ran into you before but fighting on the edge of the cliff for the past couple hours was fun. You are one determined dude.

Happy hunting

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

To the FA char engineer that couldnt leave woodheaven to occupied by [RE],

Hats off to you my friend. I enjoy a good engi fight and i have ran into you before but fighting on the edge of the cliff for the past couple hours was fun. You are one determined dude.

Happy hunting

Thanks good sir/mam, you wouldn’t believe how hard it is to kill a treb in a tower being patrolled by 40 roaming Tc’s with a bugged elite while trying to find an angle that doesn’t fire into a wall or rock while trying to avoid oh so many CC’s at roughly 15 fps and sporadic lag attacks.

No treb makes a happy dance his pants off Charr.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: JudgeD.5673

JudgeD.5673

I believe I dueled you in our last matchup. I thought I recognized you hanging around Woodhaven. Finally, another good use for mortar elite. Kudos from another eng.

The Robertsons – Julie, Lyana, Adrian, and Lewis
CrSy/LaWz
Tarnished Coast Server (formerly of Kaineng)

in Match-ups

Posted by: RileyTheRad.8542

RileyTheRad.8542

Not too many. Most of the RP that actually happens there is just throwing out an IC comment here and there while playing as intended.

Hoopa doopa.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sharpoon.8197

Sharpoon.8197

Really impressed with FA right now. Certainly holding your own against us big bullies. Managed to get top ppt quite a few times during NA prime.

And I’m having a lot of fun fighting JQ

in Match-ups

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

Interesting night on JQ BL tonight.

JQ makes some good pushes, definitely seems like some good scouting work.

FA seems to not want to push JQ at all, tries to bite at TC’s heels, and gets their natural tower taken away from them.

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

Interesting night on JQ BL tonight.

JQ makes some good pushes, definitely seems like some good scouting work.

FA seems to not want to push JQ at all, tries to bite at TC’s heels, and gets their natural tower taken away from them.

Is that the tower that TC donated 200 badges at? Then JQ followed them in and got wiped also?

Is that also while FA was outmanned in JQ BL?

weird, I remember that to

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kalidri.5427

Kalidri.5427

Well, I tend to RP in party so as not to feed the trolls or distract ‘serious’ things going on. On occasion my guild members have sentried NE or NW borderland towers just to RP. I do quip and joke around and sometimes it is in character though mostly I talk about losing my pants (a common malady as a dolyak walker). Don’t really consider the dolyak parade to be roleplaying – it’s more of a big mobile party that everyone is invited to attend.

So yeah it’s uncommon but a fun thing to do, especially when it’s quiet and of course the wvw community on TC is mostly tolerant of my shenanigans when I go streaking by blabbing about revenge or what have you (though the last time I did that, a DB warrior hammered me over a cliff… outbreaks of emotion tend to be fatal in wvw).

Goseldt – TC/[TLS]/I just wanna dance.

in Match-ups

Posted by: neomccoy.2657

neomccoy.2657

Awesome GvG between [RE] and [Pro]. Thank you Pro for the fun.
Video here:

Everything Purple [EP] – Tarnished Coast
Stone Walled – Guardian; Plaguefest – Necro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjs6MOa8ukw