7/19 Maguuma/Crystal Desert/Yak's Bend

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sqanto.5214

Sqanto.5214

I don’t always win, but when I do it’s 1 vs. 2 when we already have 2x their numbers

in Match-ups

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Hey, [FKVA]. You guys have a fan apparently.

That is awesome. FKVA fan club!

The fans are pouring in now, this guy took off the tag as soon as he noticed I was watching him. Ironically, this guy ran from me every time I approached him and waved for a 1v1.

haha this is awesome!

Sounds like he was RP’ing. Might have to pay for a transfer to TC.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

Hmm, yeah we had 50 at SW camp, and yeah some militia tossed a few pieces of regular siege, that’s true. But honestly, you had 25? Really? Sticking with that story? We had folks viding all our fights tonight, and I am sure more than one or two SS’s were taken.

Not that you had a tremendous numbers advantage, but 25?

Is that the same 25 that we held at SW tower. The same 25 that siege creeped us. There were 25 of you hazing the walls when your main force pushed over and over and over.
There is no shame here. We were fighting from a defensive position we should be able to hold off even numbers.
Good fights tonight. We had fun, and I hope that you guys did too.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Issues.5789

Issues.5789

Hey, [FKVA]. You guys have a fan apparently.

I don’t think you caught my good side. So I fixed it for you; and I made that guild before FKVA was even around. They copied me.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Kaiser.9873

Our numbers came from an icon count so if anyone can’t count it’s you guys vOv

How on earth do you guys have time to perform an “icon count” while simultaneously PvFing on the forums and wiping us bad CD’ers? Impressive indeed.

By the way DORP, I think you guys misplaced one of your asuras. Don’t hate on mah mad paint skillz.

People generally weren’t PvFing during that fight. Nobody said we wiped you hard, just that you had twice our numbers and siege. I’m really sorry it’s so hard for you to reason about this vOv

Nobody said you wiped us at all. Also this whole, “twice our numbers and siege.” thing is a bit misleading. We just wiped your open field siege before you could put it into play. Trebs from Bay raining into the camp don’t qualify as siege?

(edited by Kaiser.9873)

in Match-ups

Posted by: kRAVen.4195

kRAVen.4195

No, we just like to troll the trolls and this weekend has given us no shortage of material. We got Magg’s head troll in charge immediately crying to start the matchup off. Repeated ganks of DOERK members. A hilarious ghost fight (i think both sides enjoyed this one). Watching EK being the best guild in the matchup and wiping DOErK/PYDO combined.

We give respect to those that a. just go out there and do it and/or b. actually walk what they talk. #Maggfad is falling way short of both those this week.

(edited by kRAVen.4195)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sinaya.4201

Sinaya.4201

Those ghost guys were creepy.

Attachments:

Crystal Desert

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sunreva.8714

Sunreva.8714

Poor FKVA likes to troll because their bad thieves couldn’t take down a squishy staff ele after multiple tries :’(

your attempt to make up an encounter that didn’t occur is interesting, have you tried dropping your FKVA imitation tags yet? you might yield better results that way

yummy, delicious troll tears!

in Match-ups

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

Hmm, yeah we had 50 at SW camp, and yeah some militia tossed a few pieces of regular siege, that’s true. But honestly, you had 25? Really? Sticking with that story? We had folks viding all our fights tonight, and I am sure more than one or two SS’s were taken.

Is that the same 25 that we held at SW tower. The same 25 that siege creeped us. There were 25 of you hazing the walls when your main force pushed over and over and over.
There is no shame here. We were fighting from a defensive position we should be able to hold off even numbers.

by 25 he was referring to all the fights at sw camp. we had more much later when PYRO joined the fight to try to take sw tower.

in Match-ups

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

No, we just like to troll the trolls and this weekend has given us no shortage of material. We got Magg’s head troll in charge immediately crying to start the matchup off. Repeated ganks of DOERK members. A hilarious ghost fight (i think both sides enjoyed this one). Watching EK being the best guild in the matchup and wiping DOErK/PYDO combined.

We give respect to those that a. just go out there and do it and/or b. actually walk what they talk. #Maggfad is falling way short of both those this week.

If you tried hard enough, you could be as good as Calvin. Right now, you’re measuring as just slightly above Jinks. Please see the PvF-o-Meter for more information on where you stand, and how you can improve. Thank you.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in Match-ups

Kaiser.9873

by 25 he was referring to all the fights at sw camp. we had more much later when PYRO joined the fight to try to take sw tower.

Ahh, I thought he meant for the entirety of the time we were in the borderland. Honestly I wasn’t paying attention to numbers at the SW camp much, although I still think it was closer to equal than 2:1. Dang wall gets in the way so you can’t see the entirety of the field.

As far as EK being the best guild in the matchup, that’s what we strive for, and honestly once we get all the guild members firmly integrated we will be doing GvG more often. We recently moved to CD with a reduced roster from our previous server. We have reached out to the community here, and gotten a very good response. Currently we are still refining our open field tactics, and so GvG isn’t something we are looking at immediately. I am sure our servers will be matched up again though with RNG being what it is.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sunreva.8714

Sunreva.8714

I am a horrible

…ok

in Match-ups

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

I’ve never seen [EK] run without a queue behind them.

I’m still impressed that you guys are able to live against some of the groups that hit you, even with a queue, but it’s getting stale.

Regardless, holding SW tower with a queued zerg/siege vs 25 [PYRO] and 25 [DERP] isn’t really anything to be all that proud of.

Talk all the kitten you want, though, [DERP] would destroy you in a GvG.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in Match-ups

Posted by: StealthSnake.9134

StealthSnake.9134

Saiyr is super amazing~!!

We know that

Stealth Snake – Necro
Maguuma~ : 3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rpggamer.2384

Rpggamer.2384

I’m still impressed that you guys are able to live against some of the groups that hit you, even with a queue, but it’s getting stale.

Regardless, holding SW tower with a queued zerg/siege vs 25 [PYRO] and 25 [DERP] isn’t really anything to be all that proud of.

We didn’t have a queue then…. nor did we have one at any point we were outside of CDBL.

Rpggamer Level 80 Elementalist
[EK] – Crystal Desert
You Only Quaggan Once #YOQO

in Match-ups

Posted by: x per fection x.2096

x per fection x.2096

And the winner of skill lag wars is…

http://youtu.be/U7outsHneWk

Zerker staff Guard, good fights tonight. This is from [Derp] & [Pyro]’s pov

[Ark]Noober

(edited by x per fection x.2096)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Deathdom.8250

Deathdom.8250

Wait, where’d EK come from?

Blackgate. Though if I remember correctly some of them, including the founder, were former CD.

in Match-ups

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

I like that more guilds are leaving T1. Bravo.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

Who cares about all of this bickering?

Once again, Magrubma has defended WvW from the omnipresent threat of the grub. Rest easy CD, we have your back.

Attachments:

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in Match-ups

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Sorry, Calvin is taking up spots 1-10.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in Match-ups

Kaiser.9873

I have zero clue where you got the idea we were talking “kitten” to anyone. I give you guys credit for some fun fights, and some scary moments. Your forces caught us badly off balance at YB garrison. The funny thing is our commander runs tag off. He only tags up to check supply. Gotta tell you guys this “siege” talk is getting rather “stale”.
We had one, ONE, normal AC in SW tower that a militia threw up. Our commander was talking with one of your guys and supposedly there was to be no siege for that engagement, however, we had one AC and you had several siege creeping us.
Funny thing is mags bl had no queue all night from CD side. So this “OMG they have a map zerg!!” is ridiculous. We had 23 EK, some RIP, some LoM. a Kome or two, and some other 1s and 2s from other guilds(sorry I don’t remember your tags). At no point were our numbers enough to queue your bl, which is why we map hopped so much. The only places we ran into a queue were CDbl and EBG.

I reiterate; we had fun. That’s all. Had we been serious about keeping the tower we would have sieged it through the roof, but we didn’t. Now I retract that about running tag off. At the end of the night when we were on Yak bl attempting garrison he tagged up. Where we were promptly sandwiched between PYRO/DERP and friends, and whatever YB had there.
Question: with the inner door sitting right there, and a very significant presence inside their garrison, why did Maguuma promptly leave as soon as our force wiped? The YB garri was ripe for the plucking. Maybe it’s because you were looking for fights as well?

I give credit where it is due. kitten /PYRO have wiped us this week a few times. YB had a zerg that wiped us also Saturday night at Hills. We have given as good as we got, and I hope that we have given a bit more in many cases. The fights this week are great, and that’s what it’s all about. No chest thumping, no “kitten” talking. Matter of fact if you check my post history this is the only matchup thread I have ever posted in. I have respect for the fighting abilities of both kitten and PYRO, both are really good. YB has some really good guilds as well, but seems many of our more memorable fights this week have been against Maguuma. Anyway see everyone on the field tomorrow. Gotta get some sleep.

(edited by Kaiser.9873)

in Match-ups

GuardianOMS.8067

Where am I?

in Match-ups

Kaiser.9873

Wait, where’d EK come from?

Blackgate. Though if I remember correctly some of them, including the founder, were former CD.

Yeah about 12-15 of us moved from BG, and since many of us started here on CD we fondly remembered the server. The zergwars in T1 were getting out of hand. Most of us wanted to move to a tier that allowed skills other than AA to work in a fight.

in Match-ups

Kaiser.9873

I like that more guilds are leaving T1. Bravo.

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes. Tier 1 is something everyone should experience for awhile, and then choose whether or not it is what they want out of their gaming. The sheer hatred that SoR and BG have for one another is not to be believed, and the fights reflect that.

The problem is those servers are so stacked right now that there is no other server that can even dream of competing. That is a problem. The round-the-clock coverage those two servers especially can bring is amazing. Throw in JQ that is definitely the third server in that trio, and you have a situation that is mind bending.

in Match-ups

Posted by: kRAVen.4195

kRAVen.4195

CALVIN!!!! (screamed like alvin’s dad in the chipmunks).

in Match-ups

Posted by: Issues.5789

Issues.5789

How’d you become so funny?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Well I learned today while there are a lot of pretty cool people on Maguuma, there’s also a few jerks who like being total kittens. Was sitting in the south camp on YB borderland with a few Mags,1 CD guy and a couple other people from YB. we already had the whole map, so there wasn’t much left to do on there anyway so I was just screwing around. We all sat down, in our town clothes. There was one charr from Mag who was playing on that flute and was pretty good. We were just hanging out, obviously not fighting eachother since we were in our town clothes. even had a costume brawl with one of them who I threw a bouquet of roses at. Anyway, two thieves with the guild tag NOVA roll up. I assume they’re just going to sit down with us. They stealth and start ganking everyone. obviously we died since we were still in our town clothes, sitting down. I was able to react and get away a bit before eventually being killed by the other thief. who then proceeded to laugh and dance as if they’d accomplished something great by killing a bunch of people who didn’t even fight back. Real classy guys. I now know that people in your guild have no sense honor whatsoever and that I should attack you on sight.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

I have zero clue where you got the idea we were talking “kitten” to anyone. I give you guys credit for some fun fights, and some scary moments. Your forces caught us badly off balance at YB garrison. The funny thing is our commander runs tag off. He only tags up to check supply. Gotta tell you guys this “siege” talk is getting rather “stale”.
We had one, ONE, normal AC in SW tower that a militia threw up. Our commander was talking with one of your guys and supposedly there was to be no siege for that engagement, however, we had one AC and you had several siege creeping us.
Funny thing is mags bl had no queue all night from CD side. So this “OMG they have a map zerg!!” is ridiculous. We had 23 EK, some RIP, some LoM. a Kome or two, and some other 1s and 2s from other guilds(sorry I don’t remember your tags). At no point were our numbers enough to queue your bl, which is why we map hopped so much. The only places we ran into a queue were CDbl and EBG.

I like EK overall, and like I said before, I don’t think EK deliberately tries to get a huge pubbie following, just that there’s not much organization on CD NA (not the server’s issue, a lot transferred off) so EK is a light for moths.

To be clear, some posts have bled together in the thread: on MagBL SW camp was when the 25v50 thing came up. We did get counts with tags for that, and did poke into the 50 man sieged camp out of boredom a lot. It’s probably the randoms following you that were talking trash about that.

Later in the night we definitely had a queue on CD BL, but I like to think no one is bragging about those fights. EK is always fun to fight, and we’re looking forward to running into you guys more.

in Match-ups

GuardianOMS.8067

Well I learned today while there are a lot of pretty cool people on Maguuma, there’s also a few jerks who like being total kittens. Was sitting in the south camp on YB borderland with a few Mags,1 CD guy and a couple other people from YB. we already had the whole map, so there wasn’t much left to do on there anyway so I was just screwing around. We all sat down, in our town clothes. There was one charr from Mag who was playing on that flute and was pretty good. We were just hanging out, obviously not fighting eachother since we were in our town clothes. even had a costume brawl with one of them who I threw a bouquet of roses at. Anyway, two thieves with the guild tag NOVA roll up. I assume they’re just going to sit down with us. They stealth and start ganking everyone. obviously we died since we were still in our town clothes, sitting down. I was able to react and get away a bit before eventually being killed by the other thief. who then proceeded to laugh and dance as if they’d accomplished something great by killing a bunch of people who didn’t even fight back. Real classy guys. I now know that people in your guild have no sense honor whatsoever and that I should attack you on sight.

One or two people in a guild don’t always reflect the opinions and behaviors of all members.

in Match-ups

Caffynated.5713

Yes, you should probably attack anyone with a red name on sight. It’s kind of WvW basics: Red name = bad guy. Stab until loot bags appear.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

I guess so. But i’m still going to be cautious of them from now on and just assume that they’re hostile. Better safe than sorry. I didn’t even fight back because I thought that maybe the other people there would be like “hey knock off the crap, we’re just hanging out”. But they didn’t seem like they would have listened anyway. We have a few people like that on YB too unfortunately. if people are having a duel or just hanging out, they butt in and then act like they’re awesome and dance on the corpse of the person they kill who usually doesn’t even fight back.

in Match-ups

GuardianOMS.8067

I guess so. But i’m still going to be cautious of them from now on and just assume that they’re hostile. Better safe than sorry.

You should assume everyone is hostile, but don’t think that a guild would be more so because of two thieves at ganked you at some time on some day on some match-up.

I didn’t even fight back because I thought that maybe the other people there would be like “hey knock off the crap, we’re just hanging out”. But they didn’t seem like they would have listened anyway.

No, people that come to gank will not listen to their fellow players that tell them to stop. Why should they?

if people are having a duel or just hanging out, they butt in and then act like they’re awesome and dance on the corpse of the person they kill who usually doesn’t even fight back.

Dancing and jumping on corpses is kind of a thing on Maguuma. It doesn’t have to do with thinking we’re awesome (though we are), we know it enrages players and coaxes them to makes posts on the forums about it.

I’m sorry to hear that a couple of killjoys ruined your time, but that’s just a risk you take. For me, it’s worth it because I get to meet some pretty cool dudes.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Calsifer.6079

Calsifer.6079

Just a shout out to to a Mag mesmer from [DERP] I had the pleasure of fighting a few days ago. I think it was Tsazari(?) or something like that. You are one hell of a 1v1 mesmer mate, a true master of your class :P Rolled me in less than a minute. Never had a problem with mesmers before you came along, really made me want to step up my game a learn to combat mesmers better

P.S. If you read this and are keen to drop me a message w/ build info etc. I’d be all ears but of course you don’t have to give all your secrets away :P

EDIT: Also, is it just me or does [DERP] have a whole kittenload of rank 100+ players?

Ninja Stokk – Thief. CD.

(edited by Calsifer.6079)

in Match-ups

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

I guess so. But i’m still going to be cautious of them from now on and just assume that they’re hostile. Better safe than sorry.

You should assume everyone is hostile, but don’t think that a guild would be more so because of two thieves at ganked you at some time on some day on some match-up.

I didn’t even fight back because I thought that maybe the other people there would be like “hey knock off the crap, we’re just hanging out”. But they didn’t seem like they would have listened anyway.

No, people that come to gank will not listen to their fellow players that tell them to stop. Why should they?

if people are having a duel or just hanging out, they butt in and then act like they’re awesome and dance on the corpse of the person they kill who usually doesn’t even fight back.

Dancing and jumping on corpses is kind of a thing on Maguuma. It doesn’t have to do with thinking we’re awesome (though we are), we know it enrages players and coaxes them to makes posts on the forums about it.

I’m sorry to hear that a couple of killjoys ruined your time, but that’s just a risk you take. For me, it’s worth it because I get to meet some pretty cool dudes.

oh u saucy wench u

in Match-ups

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

EDIT: Also, is it just me or does [DERP] have a whole kittenload of rank 100+ players?

No-life wee boo bads.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

No-life wee boo bads.

Oblyth-sama no desu ka?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Calvin.5380

Calvin.5380

Kraven. (looking disapprovingly, the way Samwell Tarly’s dad would’ve, while calling him craven)

Where am I?

Zero :p

Dragonbrand

(edited by Calvin.5380)

in Match-ups

GuardianOMS.8067

Kraven. (looking disapprovingly, the way Samwell Tarly’s dad would’ve, while calling him craven)

Where am I?

Zero :p

kitten you that means I’m at the top!

wait…

in Match-ups

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

oh and lol @ db’s matchup. rip

Update from T1: Zergs on the battlefield, zergs on the forums, zergs everywhere. Look at the post count on the bg,sor,db thread(but don’t bother reading it). Very little of it is DB and all of it is boring minutia. Bleech

Hope you guys are having fun.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

Update from T1: Zergs on the battlefield, zergs on the forums, zergs everywhere. Look at the post count on the bg,sor,db thread(but don’t bother reading it). Very little of it is DB and all of it is boring minutia. Bleech

Glad to hear the Tier of Tears hasn’t changed one bit.

Say hi to covenn for me.

[AoN] All or Nothing

in Match-ups

Posted by: Calvin.5380

Calvin.5380

oh and lol @ db’s matchup. rip

But the bag count is triple. And so is the repair cost.

Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

Depends.
Oceanic: balanced roaming groups.
EU prime: PvD.
NA prime: zergballs.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Toxic.4320

Toxic.4320

I thought CD was ready to take on Maguuma, but guess I was wrong.

In theory, we should. However, we are constantly fighting yaks and mags at the same time so it becomes difficult

Yeah, all that rampant double teaming must be why we hit +500 yesterday evening o_O I don’t see what’s wrong with admitting that we have a ton more people than both of you when all of our fairweathers come out to play.

I’m not saying it’s a planned thing. CD is an easy target for Mags during the over nights and YB is smart to capitalise on that.

Ethos Mores [KWBH] Commander, Ranger
Nontoxicwench [KWBH] Guardian
Gefarhlich Madchen [KWBH] Mesmer

(edited by Toxic.4320)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Toxic.4320

Toxic.4320

Wow, good fights at Vale!

EK steamrolled that DREP zerg over and over again. Gotta give props to DREP for keeping their chin up and trying some more.

We had 25 against what we were told by CD was 50, and CD sat in the camp behind carts and ballistas we had to keep killing.

If CD wants to know their weakness, it’s that they won’t move without a queue behind them during NA, while other servers are splitting into 20/30 mans. EK probably didn’t want a million pubbies nuthugging them at SW camp, but that’s definitely what happened.

EK didn’t drop any siege and we weren’t hiding. We were coming out to battle y’all on the field. I was there for the entire 2 hour battle and it was Mag that dropped the ac’s to begin with, fyi.

I’ve not seen the first Mag zerg with less than 30 in it so let’s try the truth. Particularly in light of the fact that we have been running outmanned 80% of the time that we are on line.

Normally, I like to run in havok squads -that’s a no can do because I know full well that you guys have far more than 5-10 running with you at all times.

Ethos Mores [KWBH] Commander, Ranger
Nontoxicwench [KWBH] Guardian
Gefarhlich Madchen [KWBH] Mesmer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

EK didn’t drop any siege and we weren’t hiding. We were coming out to battle y’all on the field. I was there for the entire 2 hour battle and it was Mag that dropped the ac’s to begin with, fyi.

I’ve not seen the first Mag zerg with less than 30 in it so let’s try the truth. Particularly in light of the fact that we have been running outmanned 80% of the time that we are on line.

Normally, I like to run in havok squads -that’s a no can do because I know full well that you guys have far more than 5-10 running with you at all times.

tl;dr
Mag drops siege for CD.
Mag zergs are invisible unless they have more than 30 people.
EK got some nice analyzed data of all their fights.
Every single mag is a minion necro.

http://youtu.be/qeMFqkcPYcg
¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(o_°)/¯

in Match-ups

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

Once again, Magrubma has defended WvW from the omnipresent threat of the grub. Rest easy CD, we have your back.

Where were you here?? Where were YOU?!?

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

I feel like Yaks must have felt last week.

in Match-ups

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

SSSSHHHHH!!!

Don’t listen to him guys, #magswag is totally real and that’s the kind of people we are. We’re not putting on a show for kicks and jimmies, we really are internet gangsters!

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

in Match-ups

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

And the winner of skill lag wars is…

http://youtu.be/U7outsHneWk

Zerker staff Guard, good fights tonight. This is from [Derp] & [Pyro]’s pov

Dude. please stop clicking. It hurts to watch.

Had me in a giggle fit at 4:55ish though. Dat punt.

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

(edited by John Widdin.9618)

in Match-ups

Caffynated.5713

Where were you here?? Where were YOU?!?

Blame Gabe Newel and his summer sale. I can’t possibly fight the grub and play all of the Magicka DLC at the same time. I’m only one ele!