7/26: DH/IoJ/FC

in Match-ups

Posted by: ReaperMask.4053

ReaperMask.4053

Darkhaven epic fail at Fergusons Keep.
To the few defenders that where there, amazing work.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

DH, what are you guys doing? I understand it’s fun to come out strong on a reset, but you do realize that you’re going to make both FC and IoJ just want to give up, right? I’m not to keen on an essential 1v1 with DH because you demoralized FC enough to where they don’t show up at all. You keep going at this rate, and nobody is going to be in WvW. Do you really need to capture all of EB, all of FC’s BL, and have half of our BL? If you keep it up, I think you’re going to have an entire week of absolutely nothing.

Look at Millenium. We’re projected to lose 56k at this rate. So yes, we really do need to “capture all of EB, all of FC’s BL and have half of your BL.”

Welcome to WvW.

To be fair the number is always higher the day after reset. You are losing all of your points to IoJ anyhow. Stomp IoJ and you won’t lose nearly as many points.

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avalanche.5321

Avalanche.5321

DH, what are you guys doing? I understand it’s fun to come out strong on a reset, but you do realize that you’re going to make both FC and IoJ just want to give up, right? I’m not to keen on an essential 1v1 with DH because you demoralized FC enough to where they don’t show up at all. You keep going at this rate, and nobody is going to be in WvW. Do you really need to capture all of EB, all of FC’s BL, and have half of our BL? If you keep it up, I think you’re going to have an entire week of absolutely nothing.

Look at Millenium. We’re projected to lose 56k at this rate. So yes, we really do need to “capture all of EB, all of FC’s BL and have half of your BL.”

Welcome to WvW.

To be fair the number is always higher the day after reset. You are losing all of your points to IoJ anyhow. Stomp IoJ and you won’t lose nearly as many points.

They won’t go for IOJ simply because we have a smaller server population. They can roll out 3 giant zergs all at once, all day long, like the video above…how many is that attacking our keep for how long ? They kept coming over, and over after that, too. Until we got bored, and left, at which point they finally took it.

All the while they had a zerg running around in our BL, while IOJ was all green, because they knew we didn’t have the population to stop them, but IOJ did, so they just took our stuff, and ran their zerg back to wipe IOJ if they attacked blue.

All in all, though, considering how often we’ve been wiping these servers, and considering we are Tier 8 facing Tier 5, I can only look forward to a population boost that will rocket us to the top.

in Match-ups

Posted by: torridstoic.7492

torridstoic.7492

First, I’m out of town and won’t be able to play at all in this matchup until Monday or Tuesday.

In my experience, average player skill level is somewhat higher in lower-ranked servers. This is not to say that players are better: simply that they’re devoting their time and effort to a different aspect of gameplay: solo/skirmishing versus group-play. If FC or IOJ (or DH) were to play a tier 3 server, I believe our players would win a majority of 1v1 or 3v3 situations, but lose almost all 15v15 or 30v30’s.

The current system makes this matchup unfortunate. Either Darkhaven goes all-out in an effort to stomp IOJ and FC and gain points, or they ease off to encourage competition and lose points, thereby making a future rematch more likely. Is that what you really want?

In any event, there are many of us who welcome 1v1’s and small-group matches. Feel free to PM or /w me or my [PD] mates or a number of others if you think all DH players are zerg riders.

At The Vanguard.
Golemhaven [Van] – mesmer | guardian

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

First, I’m out of town and won’t be able to play at all in this matchup until Monday or Tuesday.

In my experience, average player skill level is somewhat higher in lower-ranked servers. This is not to say that players are better: simply that they’re devoting their time and effort to a different aspect of gameplay: solo/skirmishing versus group-play. If FC or IOJ (or DH) were to play a tier 3 server, I believe our players would win a majority of 1v1 or 3v3 situations, but lose almost all 15v15 or 30v30’s.

The current system makes this matchup unfortunate. Either Darkhaven goes all-out in an effort to stomp IOJ and FC and gain points, or they ease off to encourage competition and lose points, thereby making a future rematch more likely. Is that what you really want?

In any event, there are many of us who welcome 1v1’s and small-group matches. Feel free to PM or /w me or my [PD] mates or a number of others if you think all DH players are zerg riders.

You can ease off of us and go after IoJ! That is who is draining your points away, not FC. We will get stomped at will but IoJ is the true target. DO IT!

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in Match-ups

Posted by: Miss Firesss.3704

Miss Firesss.3704

^^^ That’s what I want, and am going to try my hardest to get my guildies to also!

[Abys]

in Match-ups

Posted by: GavinGoodrich.1382

GavinGoodrich.1382

We intercepted a DH spy en route to his base with the briefcase containing our commander’s meeting this week. But not before he had already broadcast it for everyone to see. IoJ officials have asked our people to disregard the broadcast, but you cannot unsee what you have seen…

Edit yay for short meetings, for once!

NomNomNomNomNom
Resident Zerg Idiot
Isle of Janthir

in Match-ups

Posted by: HippoLogic.2519

HippoLogic.2519

I watched that video and all I can think is why are they not pushing the walls… PUSH THE WALLS… lol

in Match-ups

Posted by: Narsil.6579

Narsil.6579

True most of us in WvW from FC devote ourselves to Skirmish and solo / roaming, so far i havent been impressed, lol except PD but PD only so far has come in groups not really a solo wise, but i still got most of them down to 10% and 50% a necro, a mesmer and a guard or warr, I wanna see you all in duels this week, I need some new fresh faces!!

[HP/MM]Mesmer / Warrior
Borlis Noob / FergPug
Scout Sailor Moon

in Match-ups

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

True most of us in WvW from FC devote ourselves to Skirmish and solo / roaming, so far i havent been impressed, lol except PD but PD only so far has come in groups not really a solo wise, but i still got most of them down to 10% and 50% a necro, a mesmer and a guard or warr, I wanna see you all in duels this week, I need some new fresh faces!!

yeah nothing special in terms of roaming so far, but Ive only checked out EB. Ill roam in some BL’s tomorrow when I have time.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in Match-ups

Posted by: SiegHawk.7981

SiegHawk.7981

T8 in T6 no hardcore enough, pls T5 next week anet ;-)
Edit: nvm, darkhaven is T5, thank u anet ^^

How about T2? =(

Dragonbrand [EAT]
All I want is pure destruction!

in Match-ups

Avalanche.5321

Just roaming around DH BL on my thief, 1v1ing… about 4 out of the 5 duels I got into, someone either jumped in, or the guy I was fighting ran back until he found a buddy to help him.

Come on, guys. Really?

in Match-ups

Avalanche.5321

Just roaming around DH BL on my thief, 1v1ing… about 4 out of the 5 duels I got into, someone either jumped in, or the guy I was fighting ran back until he found a buddy to help him.

Come on, guys. Really?

I should’ve just screen shotted. Buddy was 2v1 on me with his Sentry, and then once the Sentry died, he ran back into his camp, and sat there.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ebony.5738

Ebony.5738

FIGHT CLUB AT DARKHAVEN BL, LOOKING TO DO SOME 1v1s AND POSSIBLE DO SOME SWEET 5v5s CMON BROZ LETS DO THIS

Verdánt

in Match-ups

Posted by: Stylo.6259

Stylo.6259

Darkhaven defense of Bluebriar in IoJ. Event was Saturday night at 10:30est. Features the stomping of a warrior commander from [TRBO] at 2:40 in the video. GG, well played.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWRDR-kJjjE

in Match-ups

Posted by: scooby treat.8420

scooby treat.8420

never heard of this “zoomlock” until I met Darkhaven. Are you guys that bent on beating a T8 server that you have to use this “zoomlock” to take out our siege inside? Because we kept beating you over and over when you tried to take our keep that you just gave up trying to be honest and take it by taking out our siege cheating? Wow so sad it shows your character of who you really are. Not only that, you see how many of us are defending with your orange swords a whole what, 4 of us? I don’t understand why people feel the need to cheat on a game whats the point. You get beat one to many times trying to play normal? Why don’t you just find some “godmode” or something and just 1 hit everyone.

Attachments:

-FC- Cookie Snatchers [MINE]
Manyme usee -80 mesmer current main
80 War, Ele, Guar, Rang, thief. 55 engi 16 necro

(edited by scooby treat.8420)

in Match-ups

HippoLogic.2519

Lol again we faced higher tier severs they never cried zoom hack just quit it already.

in Match-ups

Posted by: scooby treat.8420

scooby treat.8420

Lol again we faced higher tier severs they never cried zoom hack just quit it already.

Is that what they do at the higher level tiers take out siege inside without being inside? Good for you i’m glad you can laugh about beating a T8 server with those type of tatics or any server for that matter.

-FC- Cookie Snatchers [MINE]
Manyme usee -80 mesmer current main
80 War, Ele, Guar, Rang, thief. 55 engi 16 necro

in Match-ups

Posted by: MrFluffy.9307

MrFluffy.9307

just because other servers didn’t cry foul doesn’t mean it’s not true. These claims aren’t baseless as you’ve seen there are plenty of screenshots showing DH commanders using the zoom exploit. You can deny it all you want but with so much evidence out there we can and will continue to label you Zoomhaven

EDIT: Oh yeah and here’s a fun little conversation I had with ol’ edgy from Abys a while back, apparently siege should not be allowed in keeps because “small groups should not be capable to defend against zergs”

Attachments:

Hi

(edited by MrFluffy.9307)

in Match-ups

Posted by: AggieTechGuy.4901

AggieTechGuy.4901

Welcome to WvW.

They won’t go for IOJ simply because we have a smaller server population. They can roll out 3 giant zergs all at once, all day long, like the video above…how many is that attacking our keep for how long ? They kept coming over, and over after that, too. Until we got bored, and left, at which point they finally took it.

All the while they had a zerg running around in our BL, while IOJ was all green, because they knew we didn’t have the population to stop them, but IOJ did, so they just took our stuff, and ran their zerg back to wipe IOJ if they attacked blue.

All in all, though, considering how often we’ve been wiping these servers, and considering we are Tier 8 facing Tier 5, I can only look forward to a population boost that will rocket us to the top.

Based off of that video, looks like it was just DH pugs hitting your keep anyway. I can’t believe they stayed there that long with so much more numbers than you guys had, lol. You would think 1-2 of them might come up with the bright idea of running up the wall / stacking where you ran into the keep rather than building AC’s and ballistas.

IoJ would appreciate you not encouraging them to stomp us, thank you very much :P

I do feel bad for you guys though; this roll sucks for you. I wasn’t commanding in EB tonight, but I will be tomorrow. Let’s focus on DH. If we both keep on the offensive, we might be able to hold our corners, lol. It’s in both of our best interests. If you get pushed out of EB, that means we get the full-force of baghaven on us (not fun).

On a side note, keep outta meh camp!

Attachments:

Commander Logain Redwood – Isle of Janthir
Guildmaster of [CORE] Company of the Red Elite

in Match-ups

Posted by: AggieTechGuy.4901

AggieTechGuy.4901

HippoLogic meet Grimno:

What is ZL? Zoomlock?

Yup.

Lots of reports/screenshots coming in of IOJ AC’s spotting, attacking and hitting elevated locations and seige DIRECTLY from places they shouldn’t be able to, or shouldn’t even be able to see.

LOTS, of reports.

Feel free to send these screenshots to an IoJ member so we can make these “accusations” public on our forums and start naming and shaming

That is assuming theyre legit

Speak to a member of Abyss. They have the pics, I can’t access the website gallery they linked in TS3 as I’m not a member.

We also had an incident with a thief in Klovan even though the walls/gate was up, but we believe he was already in there since he was able to cloak quite a long time.

Not really sure what’s going on.
Some SS’s should be that our Inner Keep’s staircase was being hit by AC’s located down by the Watergate. Among others.

I think you two will like each other

“CORE: Causing dissension within enemy ranks since . . . June.”

(P.S. I can still show you I wasn’t zoomhacking in the WG of your keep)

Commander Logain Redwood – Isle of Janthir
Guildmaster of [CORE] Company of the Red Elite

in Match-ups

Posted by: Thustlewhumber.7416

Thustlewhumber.7416

670 PPT? Nice job IoJ.

WvW Necro

in Match-ups

Darek.1836

oceanic presence is nice ain’t it

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in Match-ups

Posted by: LovenRage.8592

LovenRage.8592

Darkhaven sleeping right now, commanders will be pretty kitten ed when they wake up they’ll pull everyone out of PvE and paint the map our color during primetime

Darkhaven
80 Warrior | Mesmer in the works |
[Abys] & [Zone]

in Match-ups

Posted by: AMP.2398

AMP.2398

Darkhaven epic fail at Fergusons Keep.
To the few defenders that where there, amazing work.

You guys did great defending but the reason it went on so long was because the keep lord bugged outside the wall and then kept respawning on the inside without ever turning the keep over after being killed multiple times (wasn’t a hack like someone said in your chat). A lot of us left (inc. myself and my friend) after it became apparent it just wasn’t going turn over… a lot stayed and just kept fighting the stream of enemies flowing in until you guys got smart and built up on the walls and used siege to finally decimate the zerg pointlessly staying in the circle.

in Match-ups

Posted by: nyckolag.2394

nyckolag.2394

Darkhaven sleeping right now, commanders will be pretty kitten ed when they wake up they’ll pull everyone out of PvE and paint the map our color during primetime

leeeeeeeeeel

Fellblade is best blade.
Leader and head forum barbarian for [roam]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Downskee.2649

Downskee.2649

iojey r a bunkh of ocaenix noobs
pik relatd, iojey cmdnrs

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Assassin X.8573

Assassin X.8573

just because other servers didn’t cry foul doesn’t mean it’s not true. These claims aren’t baseless as you’ve seen there are plenty of screenshots showing DH commanders using the zoom exploit. You can deny it all you want but with so much evidence out there we can and will continue to label you Zoomhaven

EDIT: Oh yeah and here’s a fun little conversation I had with ol’ edgy from Abys a while back, apparently siege should not be allowed in keeps because “small groups should not be capable to defend against zergs”

That kind of surprises me about edge. Has he never seen 300 or Troy or lord of the rings 2 battle of helms deep scene, or really any historic battles/wars of similar type?

Structures of fortification are specifically designed with the intent of being defensible by a few against a larger number.

Darkhaven Gold Tiger Assassin X [JPGN][Sold][VII]
Videos on Youtube

(edited by Assassin X.8573)

in Match-ups

Posted by: nyckolag.2394

nyckolag.2394

Hey everyone! Good fights tonight. Lots of good roaming in FC’s corner of EB after IoJ went on it’s 680PPT rampage. Ran in to some small groups of [Deth], namely a ranger and a warrior. Good fights were had. Kinda sucks that one of your zerglings laughed at us when you wiped us. But such is life with the unorganised pick up groups, right?

Once more, we’re looking for 3v3’s – 5v5’s throughout the next week. Send Fellblade a whisper in game.

Have fun, everyone. xoxoxoxo [roam]

Fellblade is best blade.
Leader and head forum barbarian for [roam]

in Match-ups

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

…well at least you dont deny it when you say shut up and take it.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Match-ups

Posted by: lilcoffeebean.3149

lilcoffeebean.3149

It’s unfortunate that so many talks of zoomhacks come up so often or ‘zoomlock’ as it’s now apparently being called. IoJ is correct, though, there is a commander currently in Darkhaven using such exploits. It’s blatantly obvious and everyone should have realized it by now, but because of who it is…..anyhow moving on, 13k lead when I went to bed 8 hours ago, woke up and it’s just a notch over 2k…well played IOJ well played.

Please! This is supposed to be a happy occasion.
Let’s not bicker and argue over who killed who.
Lilcoffeebean~Yak’s Bend~Perfect Dark [PD]

in Match-ups

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

XD i knew there was something missing from the last 3 weeks of glorious battles. Good olll forum/asking for an alliance drama. I gotta admit i did miss the good chuckle reading forums at work :/. Yes because after battling servers with similar numbers we clearly need exploits to fight you guys as dolyaks…..holding kites . o.0

They won’t go for IOJ simply because we have a smaller server population.

Smaller population has nothing to do with it. we were merely saying hello to a new server ( i dont count that 1 week back in October).

The only other time we may switch lands is because of a stalemate where 40 kittens sit in their towers each on their own ac. we might attack from time to time though for science!!!!

Come on, guys. Really?

I should’ve just screen shotted. Buddy was 2v1 on me with his Sentry, and then once the Sentry died, he ran back into his camp, and sat there.

Btw something about this just reeks of a failed uplevel gank

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

in Match-ups

Posted by: Drastic.8920

Drastic.8920

Had a lot of fun in FC BL and DH BL. Keep up the good fights!

Good defend on your bay DH

FC: Remnant Militant [SNKY]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tukmolytes.3467

Tukmolytes.3467

I have nothing to say so far. ANET should check out the Zoomhacking reports and they should fix it. Shame on those who uses it, hope you will get karma (the bad side of it) soon.

Tukmolytes [TRBO]
Isle of Janthir [2012-2017] → Fort Aspenwood [2017-Present]
Power Ranger

in Match-ups

Posted by: lilcoffeebean.3149

lilcoffeebean.3149

Sitting dead inside a keep, waiting for someone to rez you through the gate is pretty lame. It’s pretty obvious that isn’t working as intended, I guess I overestimated Core’s class.

Please! This is supposed to be a happy occasion.
Let’s not bicker and argue over who killed who.
Lilcoffeebean~Yak’s Bend~Perfect Dark [PD]

in Match-ups

Darek.1836

Sitting dead inside a keep, waiting for someone to rez you through the gate is pretty lame. It’s pretty obvious that isn’t working as intended, I guess I overestimated Core’s class.

oh yes Core
the guild that me and a buddy 2v8’d, killed 3, downed 2 and finally one of us died. then they laughed on us.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in Match-ups

Posted by: x FERGUSON.3046

x FERGUSON.3046

[Deth] is still looking to do some GvG’s this week! Would love to fight [BRL], [SE] and the top IoJ guild

[NS] Aldix
Retired

in Match-ups

GavinGoodrich.1382

Intense night on IoJ’s map. When I got on, garri had already been ninja’d, so it was a weak underbelleh.

Huge map being huge, it was tough to maintain scouts everywhere, so garri flipped again pretty quickly within about an hour. Lots of battles for bay and hills, along with multiple attempts to retake garri all were deflected by both teams. Towers changed hands often but Bay/hills held on strong for hours.

But attrition is what it is, and Abyss’/SE’s/friends’ combined attacks, over and over, eventually ground it into dust. Well done. We shifted our strategy a bit based on you guys and the whole timezone thing. Should be an interesting last few hours until Oceanic timezone.

Literally just trying to hold you off until you run out of gas is a thrill in and of itself. You can sense the urgency on both teams <3

NomNomNomNomNom
Resident Zerg Idiot
Isle of Janthir

in Match-ups

HippoLogic.2519

The battle for titan paw in IOJ was alot of fun you guys just kept come keep up the good fights. As the weekend comes to an end we will see how things go during the week best luck to all.

in Match-ups

Miss Firesss.3704

I knew it was only a matter of time before IoJ wanted to “ally” themselves with the other server LOL.

How about this FC? How about your server and our server both hit IoJ? I mean, after their Oceanic presence, we were only ahead by 2k pts, right?

[Abys]

in Match-ups

GavinGoodrich.1382

I knew it was only a matter of time before IoJ wanted to “ally” themselves with the other server LOL.

How about this FC? How about your server and our server both hit IoJ? I mean, after their Oceanic presence, we were only ahead by 2k pts, right?

The main reason we wanna not hit FC and go for the big dog (that’d be you, DH) is ‘cause it’s just a way more exciting week for everybody.

Life has been sooooooooooooo much better this way for everyone involved.

NomNomNomNomNom
Resident Zerg Idiot
Isle of Janthir

in Match-ups

Posted by: KinkyGiraffe.4123

KinkyGiraffe.4123

Jesus DH, after that wipe on our garrison, i think its high time you gave up on our Borderlannds, Nighty night <3

Lots of fun in our borderlands today! Even though it was very stressful

Good job DH, hopefully the matchup is this close throughout the whole week!

and dont give up just yet FC! Keep fighting either us or DH, dont let the WvW spirit die for your server just because youre outnumbered!

Mr(s) Starkk

in Match-ups

Posted by: Deamhan.9538

Deamhan.9538

Thanks for all the loot bags IOJ. Especially up at titan while you all just kept on poring out. We had to pull out to our own BL as we were losing numbers and allowed you to take back your garrison and bay.

I’ll be curious how things go throughout the week. Most servers tend to have weekend warriors where as ours is pretty steady every evening (NA time zones).

in Match-ups

Miss Firesss.3704

Kinky, we just wiped you, what? Twice? Three times? Fun times though.

[Abys]

in Match-ups

Posted by: KinkyGiraffe.4123

KinkyGiraffe.4123

Kinky, we just wiped you, what? Twice? Three times? Fun times though.

Dont worry about that >.>

Still so many DH in our borderlands, i dont remember you lot having this many!!!

Mr(s) Starkk

in Match-ups

Miss Firesss.3704

Well, I hope you are all having as much fun as we are.

[Abys]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Stylo.6259

Stylo.6259

FC ramming the gate of Quentin Lake with the wall down right next to them.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Miss Firesss.3704

^^^^^ Ohes noes >.<

[Abys]

in Match-ups

Posted by: melodey.4652

melodey.4652

Nice battle all. Had some good fights tonight.
shoutout to the FC mesmer with the sadface mask from [GWDT], you kept popping up trying to throw a wrench into our plans everywhere tonight it seemed
Favorite screenshot of the night: the grand finale push!

Attachments:

Yak Slappin’ Bunker- roamin n stuffs [PD] [Duck]
all classes 80, who is the cheesiest of them all?
gw2 dress-up barbie is the real endgame

in Match-ups

Posted by: sAvlor.8063

sAvlor.8063

anyone wanna fight club message me in game for the location

Youtube channel : www.youtube.com/kkwa2
Streaming channel: www.twitch.tv/kkwa2