7/5: DB/TC/EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

Hey Tarnished Coast, You Missed a Spot.

As a fellow mesmer (even though I’m TC) I congratulate you! Lucky I wasn’t on, I always check those spots That can be a tough tower to hide in since people can check the spot so easily, so congrats and well done!

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fox.3562

Fox.3562

As a fellow mesmer (even though I’m TC) I congratulate you! Lucky I wasn’t on, I always check those spots That can be a tough tower to hide in since people can check the spot so easily, so congrats and well done!

To be honest, it seems like most servers in the higher tiers don’t bother sweeping most things they capture (maybe because there’s more people everyone assumes someone else will do it?). I would never be able to hide as an unstealthed mesmer in a tower like that against AR/BP, but it’s worked every time I’ve tried this matchup.

Not trying to sound kitteny, just making an observation.

Potato Plant
Good Fights [GF] Mesmer

in Match-ups

Handin.4032

To be honest, it seems like most servers in the higher tiers don’t bother sweeping most things they capture (maybe because there’s more people everyone assumes someone else will do it?). I would never be able to hide as an unstealthed mesmer in a tower like that against AR/BP, but it’s worked every time I’ve tried this matchup.

Not trying to sound kitteny, just making an observation.

Nono its entirely true! I hid in Bay and avoided SoR so much they came on the forums and accused me of glitching through walls. People do tend to not sweep, or they’ll come in, flip a keep and ask other people to sweep. However, on TC there are often enough people who have been here a while who try to get people to sweep, but it doesn’t always happen. When facing other T1 servers, it was less common to see mesmers hiding in keeps, from my experience, so I think they get complacent in not sweeping (or they get used to running back into a keep if there is a mesmer and they port in reinforcements).

Mesmer – FURY

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

My take on it is the more lopsided the match, the less people on higher-tiered Servers can be kittened to bother with sweeping.

It’s one thing when you are in a match where every point counts, and another where a poor sweep resulting in a flip just gives the zerg something to do :P

NAGA|TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: kurtosis.9526

kurtosis.9526

My take on it is the more lopsided the match, the less people on higher-tiered Servers can be kittened to bother with sweeping.

Pretty much this. Just another example of getting lazy and sloppy when we’re in a mismatch. Glad it’s not just TC, it sounds like.

Not to take anything away from Fox or anyone else who notices these things and exploits them every chance they get. Plenty of opportunities for the clever and sneaky.

in Match-ups

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Hey… is that a golem?

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: Slomoshun.6317

Slomoshun.6317

Hey… is that a golem?

Don’t know what you’re talking about.

• Gets out of golem *

in Match-ups

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

Lol god, you guys are mouthy. This entire thread is basically EB badmouthing TC for having a larger population. I would say grow up and be classy but I think that’s beyond some of you…

Don’t think the majority of you have faced many real bandwagon servers.

Stating the obvious constitutes “badmouthing” when, lol? As stated in previous comment, quite chill-lax here. Why you sweatin’ us?

I didn’t know TC being a bandwagon was that ‘obvious’. News to me or do some people not know what a bandwagon server actually looks like?

from what I hear the bandwagon servers buy wvw guilds. Something Db did not do. All transfer monies paid to help transfer guilds was paid back in 2 weeks. Whats this i hear from a couple weeks ago?

Lanimal.6541:
Just wanted to clarify some things regarding TC, no we do not have a massive ‘warchest’ and we do not consistently buy guilds. We convince them to choose us for many reasons other than transfer assistance. Do we help guilds who have decided to transfer to us? Certainly we do…..

hahahahaha

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kiliaan.1934

Kiliaan.1934

Rollindat, what happened? Tried sending you a message said I was blocked, was sending you messages up until our scheduled time for GvG, unblock me at least tell me what happened.

Xeviel [GF] – Ehmry Bay

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

Ohh! This is going to be fun! ♥

Good to be back with Dragonbrand. Thanks for the warm welcome back!

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

in Match-ups

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

O:
I don’t know when this happened, but somehow I always knew it would

Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

Oh man, now I have to suffer through posts about cuddling kittens with lots of hearts, and a bunch of guys who can’t control their horomones at the thought of a female gamer.

Also, since things are now coming back full-circle, do you think we could get Krew back?

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

in Match-ups

EnRohbi.2187

Oh man, now I have to suffer through posts about cuddling kittens with lots of hearts, and a bunch of guys who can’t control their horomones at the thought of a female gamer.

Also, since things are now coming back full-circle, do you think we could get Krew back?

We did get Krew back.
After they left DB their leader made a brand new guild and old krew stragglers started returning and merging into DB guilds.

Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Evalana.5480

O:

LOL – Well, I have my reasons for coming back! – Most notably to spend time in WvW with the love of my life for 10 years (who happens to be on DB). He had quit GW for about as long as I’ve been off DB, and has recently decided to come back to the game!

in Match-ups

EnRohbi.2187

O:

LOL – Well, I have my reasons for coming back – Most notably to spend time in WvW with the love of my life for 10 years (who happens to be on DB). He had quit GW for about as long as I’ve been off DB, and has recently decided to come back to the game!

You were clearly always more at home while you were here, Evalana on FA/BG felt weird.

EDIT: This is also the end of me being nice in public for this week.

Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

Rollindat, what happened? Tried sending you a message said I was blocked, was sending you messages up until our scheduled time for GvG, unblock me at least tell me what happened.

I know for a fact that Rollindat was trying to communicate with whoever was setting up the match on your side from 8:45 to 9:15 EST we waited on DBBL behind windmills for 15 min after the scheduled time but no one showed up. Some of our group had to go by 9:30 EST. I can’t speak for your side but I know we were there and trying to get in communication with your rep.

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

in Match-ups

Evalana.5480

Haha – I do love my hearts!

It would be awesome if Krew would come back… Miss them </3

in Match-ups

Evalana.5480

I bet I can make it happen again :-P

in Match-ups

EnRohbi.2187

You are free to try.
But don’t hold out too much faith on it

Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

You are free to try.

Does this mean we’re going to see both of you in TC DR soon?

NAGA|TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

You are free to try.

You aren’t fooling anyone. Everyone knows you’re nice.

Also: Evalana, you server-hopping tollop :p

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in Match-ups

Evalana.5480

You are free to try.

Does this mean we’re going to see both of you in TC DR soon?

LOL – Unlikely – I’ve been there once – I’ve never been more uncomfortable in a game… ever. :-P

in Match-ups

Evalana.5480

You are free to try.

Hehe, well – I prefer to refer to myself as a gypsy – though the life of gypsyism is starting to get both tiresome, and expensive.

PS – How’s EU!! ♥

in Match-ups

Handin.4032

Tarnished Coast Dolyak Parade

Yes, that’s right! The famous Dolyak parade, hosted by Team Dolyak [DOLY] is back again! This event is normally held in the Borderlands, on Thursdays. It is open to all servers, to anyone who wants to come celebrate the Dolyaks and all they do for our endless war! Come rejoice, with friend and enemy, and let the Dolyak God bathe you in yakiness. As such, the TC Gold Dolyak invites you all to come join in this parade around the borderlands!

Information

• Where: In the borderlands. The exact borderland will be announced the day off, chosen depending on which BL is less likely to have a queue. This is done so that everyone can come in that wants to join! We always meet south of the south camp. I will post the location here before the event so everyone knows where to go.
  • When: Thursday (tomorrow!) at 6 PM server time.
  • Who: Anyone and everyone!

So, what is a dolyak parade? Simply, the dolyak parade is an event where we tonic as yaks, or anything you may choose, and do a parade across the borderlands! In the past we’ve had many successful events involving all three servers.

How do you become a dolyak?
That is simple! You can pick up your very own, and very affordable, ruminant tonic. The DOLY representatives as well will be able to give out ruminant tonics for people who do not have them, on a first come, first serve basis (though we normally have several stacks!) You can also go to the Yak’s Bend Waypoint in Frostgorge and get a Dolyak Tincture.

And for your pleasure: a dolyak, stuck in a tree.

Attachments:

Mesmer – FURY

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

You are free to try.

Hehe, well – I prefer to refer to myself as a gypsy – though the life of gypsyism is starting to get both tiresome, and expensive.

PS – How’s EU!! ♥

Insane, but in a good way. We got thrown into Tier 1 this week, lol. Given the pop gap we seem to be doing surprisingly well. It’s a different beast over here, I’m learning a lot.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gellor.6497

Gellor.6497

Lol god, you guys are mouthy. This entire thread is basically EB badmouthing TC for having a larger population. I would say grow up and be classy but I think that’s beyond some of you…

Don’t think the majority of you have faced many real bandwagon servers.

Stating the obvious constitutes “badmouthing” when, lol? As stated in previous comment, quite chill-lax here. Why you sweatin’ us?

I didn’t know TC being a bandwagon was that ‘obvious’. News to me or do some people not know what a bandwagon server actually looks like?

from what I hear the bandwagon servers buy wvw guilds. Something Db did not do. All transfer monies paid to help transfer guilds was paid back in 2 weeks. Whats this i hear from a couple weeks ago?

Lanimal.6541:
Just wanted to clarify some things regarding TC, no we do not have a massive ‘warchest’ and we do not consistently buy guilds. We convince them to choose us for many reasons other than transfer assistance. Do we help guilds who have decided to transfer to us? Certainly we do…..

hahahahaha

Bout time you show up, we don’t pay you for nothing

Bodacious Gellor/Adela Grace/Cherry Poptartz [rB]
www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

Can we shelve the 2v1 talk for the week? Ehmry came into this matchup eyes wide open that coverage was going to take away our stuff for at roughly 50% of the day all week, and this is not what a real double team looks like.

Week 17, EBay, Borliss Pass, Anvil Rock. Faced with weeks of losing and no real hope of turning the tides BP and AR spent 1 entire week allied and focusing on the larger server – EBay. Shared comms systems and bolstering of each others forces and morale in the matchup thread… that is what a double team looks like. Anything short of that is 2 smart servers taking advantage of a circumstance presented by weakness or poor planning on the part of the 3rd.

We did not have shared voice com during Brolis Rock. We had a guild to which about 40 commanders from both servers joined and used for chat just prior to that reset, and then as a contacts list for the remainder of the match.

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lenador.1436

Lenador.1436

O:

LOL – Well, I have my reasons for coming back! – Most notably to spend time in WvW with the love of my life for 10 years (who happens to be on DB). He had quit GW for about as long as I’ve been off DB, and has recently decided to come back to the game!

I’m glad my woman came back to her senses

Cön-Guardian DB
[Con] Supreme Team of Con

in Match-ups

Evalana.5480

O:

I’m glad my woman came back to her senses

LMFAO – You’re a dork, Con! :-P

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kiliaan.1934

Kiliaan.1934

I know for a fact that Rollindat was trying to communicate with whoever was setting up the match on your side from 8:45 to 9:15 EST we waited on DBBL behind windmills for 15 min after the scheduled time but no one showed up. Some of our group had to go by 9:30 EST. I can’t speak for your side but I know we were there and trying to get in communication with your rep.

Thanks for the reply, so it seems there was a mix up on your time then, gw2gvg.com showed our match for 7pm PST, that’s 10pm EST.

I also spoke to Rollindat at 8:30pm EST and confirmed for 1.5 hours later. He asked if it would be possible to start early I told him I maybe if we got our guys together I would let him know as soon as all my guys were together. Next time.

Xeviel [GF] – Ehmry Bay

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hadan.2841

Hadan.2841

Krew has reformed, and we are currently rebuilding where it all started. Evlana will return home eventually. Best of luck back on DB tho.

Leader/Driver of Krew/MR

in Match-ups

Evalana.5480

Krew has reformed, and we are currently rebuilding where it all started. Evlana will return home eventually. Best of luck back on DB tho.

Nope, I’ll never go back to Borlis! lmao XD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gellor.6497

Gellor.6497

Good Luck back on Borlis Pass!

Bodacious Gellor/Adela Grace/Cherry Poptartz [rB]
www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Posted by: WRod.3856

WRod.3856

Thanks for the GvG EP. Looking for more guilds.

in Match-ups

Posted by: JudgeD.5673

JudgeD.5673

Good fights tonight as TC tried to hold back the sea of red DB names in DB’s backyard. Kudos to Cmmdrs Sicilian and Deyja for hanging in there.

Attachments:

The Robertsons – Julie, Lyana, Adrian, and Lewis
CrSy/LaWz
Tarnished Coast Server (formerly of Kaineng)

in Match-ups

Posted by: The Hour Of The Mice.2910

The Hour Of The Mice.2910

fun times in TCBL tonight!

Brave Little Ducky | Asura Warrior
Séraphine Eronaile | Human Necromancer
Ehmry Bay | Rekz/Sekz

in Match-ups

Posted by: jinx.8169

jinx.8169

I heard there was 30+ golems in the rush. If so, please tell me there was video and post it!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Naytron.7831

Naytron.7831

Thank you Everything Purple [EP] for the GvG today. It was a blast!

Nate
[NS] – Jade Quarry
Night Shift Guild Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

Really had a good time at the GvG with GH tonight. You guys are studs, awesome fights. I don’t think a single fight lasted less than 10 min of pure craziness.

The cage match at the end was awesome too. You guys are great sports, fantastic players, and it was fun as all get-out!

Cheers!

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: FirstRyder.2091

FirstRyder.2091

I heard there was 30+ golems in the rush. If so, please tell me there was video and post it!

There were fifty golems, 23 mesmers, and at least one person recording (though I don’t have any links, unfortunately).

Ryder of Ashes – 80 Elementalist
Serene Ryder – 80 Mesmer
- Dragonbrand -

in Match-ups

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

Finally was able to transfer back over to the coast tonight to rejoin the DIS crew.

Had some late night battles in the eb jp, however, some of the least fun since leaving mag. FA put up some decent players to try to take back the jp even when outnumbered, Ebay runs away unless they outnumber the opposition, and the thieves, oh lord.

The amount of thief spamming 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 is quite funny, especially because i didn’t even have a single thief land their initial backstab. Someone please teach the thief from Para to unbind that key and learn the rest of their skills.

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

(edited by iCryptik.1496)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zindrix.1750

Zindrix.1750

runs away unless they outnumber the opposition

Can’t imagine anybody from TC knows how that feels.

in Match-ups

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

runs away unless they outnumber the opposition

Can’t imagine anybody from TC knows how that feels.

Were you on TC before?

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

in Match-ups

Posted by: FrankieBonez.8361

FrankieBonez.8361

[EA] & [TG] having a blast this matchup. TCs endless pressure and Ebay’s dangerous guilds ( [Rekz] . . . yall are scary) are a blast to fight and are forcing us to step our game up hard.

Enjoy!

Overlord Sorin | Sorin Rising | Ansorin
Elephant Ambush [EA] | Dragonbrand | GW2 YouTube!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Strippling.3524

Strippling.3524

@ Evalana – All the best in DB, hope you enjoy being back home =] I had fun fighting along side you.

@ [Reks] – Look forward to fighting you on the battlefield when the RNG throws us in the same match up. From what I’ve read your guild seems very talented, I’m excited for when our two guilds can hit each other head on!

@ TC – I really hope for a SOR/BG/TC match next week. If not I hope you can have JQ/TC/DB.

Talons [BT]

in Match-ups

Posted by: jinx.8169

jinx.8169

[EA] & [TG] having a blast this matchup. TCs endless pressure and Ebay’s dangerous guilds ( [Rekz] . . . yall are scary) are a blast to fight and are forcing us to step our game up hard.

Enjoy!

Good vid. Would have been better if it wasn’t sped up.

in Match-ups

WRod.3856

Really had a good time at the GvG with GH tonight. You guys are studs, awesome fights. I don’t think a single fight lasted less than 10 min of pure craziness.

The cage match at the end was awesome too. You guys are great sports, fantastic players, and it was fun as all get-out!

Cheers!

I wish GH would GvG us

They just seem really good. Would be a great challenge for us.

in Match-ups

WRod.3856

Enjoy!

Yo when [EA], [TG] and [NS] gonna run a map together? We’ll talk tonight

in Match-ups

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

There were fifty golems, 23 mesmers, and at least one person recording (though I don’t have any links, unfortunately).

That was fun. WvW Heavy Metal.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: MomentofWeakness.1246

MomentofWeakness.1246

I love you TC! Thanks for letting me lead the WXP/Karma Train this morning,

Attachments:

Its Choo – 250,000 Kills in WvW and Counting…
WvW Commander – NA PST
Sexiest Level 80 Charr Guardian In The Game