7/5 Maguuma/Fort Aspenwood/Kaineng

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Hue hue hue, you got Mez in there complaining about engineer rocket boots. I approve.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Benjamin.6235

Benjamin.6235

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz EB all Blue and no fights……

Probably shouldn’t have had so many recruitment threads these past few months.

[DERP] – Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

Nobody ever said being a mindless zergling would be fun, just easy.

On the bright side, you guys only cost 1/2 supply each.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zoel.9154

Zoel.9154

too many people to fight rank 7 and below

too few to fight rank 5 and above

such is life on the cusp between tier 2 and 3

either way you have to admit our recruitment video is pretty good because i made it and i’m iron man.

really you should just transfer here because of our stunning good looks and super effective methods of upsetting lovers of anime.

Yeah, that’s right. I used the English version. You know why? Because it sounds better.

Zoel – GM of [coVn]

(edited by Zoel.9154)

in Match-ups

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

we are weboo server desu

wow that word is censored

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

in Match-ups

Posted by: StealthSnake.9134

StealthSnake.9134

You’re so sugoii, Oblyth~

Stealth Snake – Necro
Maguuma~ : 3

in Match-ups

Posted by: nomdeplums.5780

nomdeplums.5780

Except FA has had no new recruits, just a bunch of fairweathers who’re logging on while Maguuma’s prematurely wallowing in self-pity, apparently.

You would think the “megazergs” running around would prompt DURP/PYRO to post about farming delicious FA bags, but I’ve yet to see either guild in force in game or in these forums.

Step it up, Mag. I wanna see that #magswag on the field.

in Match-ups

Posted by: SHAKA ZULU.3128

SHAKA ZULU.3128

Ahhh SWaG ty for the duels tonight! My hands are really cramped now.

love,

a guardian from k[Ai]neng

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

Except FA has had no new recruits, just a bunch of fairweathers who’re logging on while Maguuma’s prematurely wallowing in self-pity, apparently.

You would think the “megazergs” running around would prompt DURP/PYRO to post about farming delicious FA bags, but I’ve yet to see either guild in force in game or in these forums.

This match is hard to get excited about. I don’t think dorp has done a raid so far, and probably won’t until the week starts.

There’s been a lot of siege fighting which is pretty boring, and finding roamers is really difficult.

I know some mag guilds would like to do gvg’s if any fa/kn are interested.

in Match-ups

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

This match is hard to get excited about. I don’t think dorp has done a raid so far, and probably won’t until the week starts.

There’s been a lot of siege fighting which is pretty boring, and finding roamers is really difficult.

I know some mag guilds would like to do gvg’s if any fa/kn are interested.

Was roaming on Kaineng BL tonight and found lots of fights. For the first part I was there for it seemed like duels were happening all over the place. We even had some old school 5 man keep capture!

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in Match-ups

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

You’re probably missing them as both guilds have been in present on the field. Try coming to Mag BL if you’re looking for DORK. Though the “in force” you want is probably a raid, and we haven’t done many in the past match ups, win or lose.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

You’re probably missing them as both guilds have been in present on the field. Try coming to Mag BL if you’re looking for DORK. Though the “in force” you want is probably a raid, and we haven’t done many in the past match ups, win or lose.

Your Queens Regiment video is awesome, haha!

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ostra.3927

Ostra.3927

I am not accusing anyone of hacking here, let me say that outright. Just really curious about what happened.

We were running a guild group when we got word that the NW tower in KNBL was being attacked. We headed to defend and heard that FA had trebs up hitting the north wall of LV (NW tower there) with about 30 -40.

We come out of the gate and we can see a treb shot. We push in to do a suicide bomb on the trebs which we can see then all of a sudden they are gone. In chat we start talking about “wth did they learn a way to stealth the trebs?”. Out of morbid curiosity we rush in anyway to see if culling had them invis or something. We press the attack and most of us drop and stay dead to see what happens. Nothing… they never show up or show the animation for them breaking at any point.

Again. More then likely it is a graphic issue and they were destroyed before our push on your back line. I am just really curious cause even the defenders of the tower did not know what happened to them… or didnt say anything to our questioning. I swear it stunned us so much I just stood there not even fighting back lol

Please get your priorities straight Anet.
Stat increase = gear grind.
Gear grind = no money from me ever again.

(edited by Ostra.3927)

in Match-ups

Posted by: linfurong.9032

linfurong.9032

To the mag engineer from FEAR that was hanging out in the camps in the south of FABL… holy balls, I did not expect that much damage from an engi. Whatever build you ‘re running, you’re doing it right. You are one hard s.o.b. to kill.

Stealthiest britches on FA

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

That’s odd Ostra.

I didn’t realize we were allowed to break out our secret weapon so early in the match.

Internal affairs will have to look in to this and kill all witnesses.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81

in Match-ups

Benjamin.6235

We’re around. Just trying to do solid borderland defense like we always do.

Honestly though, what is there to get excited about when you’re playing against a near dead server and one with an overwhelming night presence? Not to mention FA’s habit of siege siege siege. You guys have never been that entertaining.

[DERP] – Maguuma

in Match-ups

GuardianOMS.8067

Glad you enjoyed it!

DORP needs more non-griefing videos to increase our public relations with other servers. Please be on the lookout for more.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

Good job FA, very boring siege at our Garrison. I think at least 10 people fell asleep on their keyboards.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

GuardianOMS.8067

Please do not insult other servers by using words like “boring”. We need to realize that they are people too and should be respected even in their worst hour. Perhaps we could offer them tips on how to not be boring and how to improve?

in Match-ups

Halo.8976

I was praising them. It’s super effective tactic, after all.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Caffynated.5713

Glad you enjoyed it!

DORP needs more non-griefing videos to increase our public relations with other servers. Please be on the lookout for more.

You should combine the two concepts.

Line infantry firing squad in the JP.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable

in Match-ups

GuardianOMS.8067

We did. With emphasis on the fire -ing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa29yQOAcNE

I was praising them. It’s super effective tactic, after all.

This is a new match up, please only post gen VI pokemon.

(edited by GuardianOMS.8067)

in Match-ups

Caffynated.5713

Not exactly what I meant, but entertaining none the less.

I couldn’t play a flame thrower engi. I would run around screaming “get away from her, you kitten!” all day.

in Match-ups

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

I’d like to compliment FA and KN for their etiquette in the JP. Other than one mean thief, you have been pleasantly content on going about your business in peace.

Unlike those nasty TC folks. Would you believe they camped the JP last time?

The nerve.

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

in Match-ups

GuardianOMS.8067

Not exactly what I meant, but entertaining none the less.

I couldn’t play a flame thrower engi. I would run around screaming “get away from her, you kitten!” all day.

Heh, I know that’s not what you meant. But the JP isn’t open enough to do that in. After last week I’m kind of bored with the JP, I feel we need a new gimmick or else the scourge of being dirty JP campers won’t wash off.

in Match-ups

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

H e l l o .

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in Match-ups

Posted by: nomdeplums.5780

nomdeplums.5780

We’re around. Just trying to do solid borderland defense like we always do.

Honestly though, what is there to get excited about when you’re playing against a near dead server and one with an overwhelming night presence? Not to mention FA’s habit of siege siege siege. You guys have never been that entertaining.

To be honest, after coming from the same exact situation fighting Dragonbrand and their SEA zergs, we were hoping that the pugnaciousness of Mag would make for a refreshing match-up. I suppose I can’t really expect you to reciprocate the sentiment considering how tired we were of fighting DB.

Still, I appreciated the great fights and the sheer open-field competence that DURP provided in previous match-ups. You guys put us in our place pretty often and inspired us to improve ourselves. I just haven’t seen any group at that same level in this match-up yet, but I really want to.

As for the whining about siege use, I can never take it seriously no matter who it comes from Every server brings out the arrow carts when someone’s knocking at their keep doors. You would be stupid not to.

in Match-ups

Benjamin.6235

You’re not known for arrow carts. You’re known for long protracted trebbing sessions.

[DERP] – Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: JaNordy.6149

JaNordy.6149

I’d like to compliment FA and KN for their etiquette in the JP. Other than one mean thief, you have been pleasantly content on going about your business in peace.

Unlike those nasty TC folks. Would you believe they camped the JP last time?

The nerve.

Not sure if troll or not…. if not troll then get off our server right now. I am 100% serious.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Monkish Delights.2591

Monkish Delights.2591

You know maybe you could have some good fights with FA if you didn’t run at the sight of us coming, or were too scared to rush a group that is way smaller then you at your own spawn, or were so squishy, etc…. So before you insult FA maybe you shouldn’t have to make us chase you down and try to cripple or immobilize as many of you as we can before you run away, just saying.

Spirit of Faith [HOPE]: proudly serving pain to scrubs

in Match-ups

GuardianOMS.8067

You know maybe you could have some good fights with FA if you didn’t run at the sight of us coming, or were too scared to rush a group that is way smaller then you at your own spawn, or were so squishy, etc…. So before you insult FA maybe you shouldn’t have to make us chase you down and try to cripple or immobilize as many of you as we can before you run away, just saying.

I lol’d

in Match-ups

Halo.8976

But what’s the joy in easy loot bags?
Leg it and stop being so boring.

in Match-ups

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

Big shout out to MAG in their own BL, you guys defend the hell out of it. Ready to take a dumb tower back no matter the costs.

http://youtu.be/EOKh5Wah2ZE

To your credit you took that tower back 15 minutes later, and facerolled me in the lords room. Not sure I ever melted faster lol….

Shout out to PH on KN, your skill and numbers do not go un-noticed. Hats off to you.

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

in Match-ups

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

D$RP hasn’t been out in force because there are no FA or KN guilds worth fighting. All your server does is drop walls of siege and start boring, protracted battles. Your server is still in the “roll over and die” phase of open field tactics and even TC was a much more interesting engagement. We’ll be out soon. Depending on whether we actually meet an interesting challenge we’ll decide whether to do more than one raid this week.

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rollinpapers.7312

Rollinpapers.7312

D$RP hasn’t been out in force because there are no FA or KN guilds worth fighting. All your server does is drop walls of siege and start boring, protracted battles. Your server is still in the “roll over and die” phase of open field tactics and even TC was a much more interesting engagement. We’ll be out soon. Depending on whether we actually meet an interesting challenge we’ll decide whether to do more than one raid this week.

Excuses. L2cap things.

Rollindat

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

I have found some great fights so far with some small groups of players that have some serious skills.

When it comes to siege… well, I hope you build a bridge one day and “get over it”. QQ?

in Match-ups

Posted by: iAmTheDuke.6201

iAmTheDuke.6201

You should have seen FA Bl on reset, was the most boring thing ever lol.

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

You guys should try the pve if you’re bored.

I hear it doesn’t have siege.

in Match-ups

Posted by: DrWhom.3105

DrWhom.3105

Big shout out to MAG in their own BL, you guys defend the hell out of it. Ready to take a dumb tower back no matter the costs.

To your credit you took that tower back 15 minutes later, and facerolled me in the lords room. Not sure I ever melted faster lol….

Shout out to PH on KN, your skill and numbers do not go un-noticed. Hats off to you.

Look at this guy who doesn’t know how to autoloot while on an AC.

MAG

in Match-ups

Halo.8976

Please tell him to arrow cart more. I’ll keep my fraps ready.

in Match-ups

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

Look at this guy who doesn’t know how to autoloot while on an AC.

Actually I do, I was taking a video…and collected the bags after I was done with the AC. The enemy forces were not in AC range anymore, so I went down the ramp to lay my marks down and farm some more.

We make money in WvW here on FA lol.

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

in Match-ups

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

1. Using a wider FOV is not a hack. It is the solution Anet implemented for multiple monitors.
2. Where is that AC you are showing hitting. I dont see the red circle of it’s attack anywhere, much less somewhere it shouldn’t be from that placement.

Next time I’ll made a video, you silly little goose. “Solution”, my kitten .

sry but i know that commander and he does not hack!plus yes with multiple monitors u get a better sight. everyone knows that.before accusing u should maybe ry to listen to what we gotta say and FA does not support hacking. we report hackers ourselves, we dont take portals if a hacker presents it to us and we report anything suspicious. if u got a problem get in contact with the guild!

Using eyefinity to achieve a wider FOV is allowed by the letter of the law. However, utilizing that wider FOV to fire an AC somewhere it otherwise wouldn’t be able to reach is pretty much the definition of an exploit (even though you will almost certainly not get banned).

People who can afford multiple monitors shouldn’t have such a massive game advantage, that much is plainly obvious. However Anet seems unable/unwilling to change the way multiple monitor set ups alter the FOV so feel free to keep holding that false moral high ground!

well i don’t agree with that either that multiple monitors do that, but it’s not an exploit as the user does only see this kind of view on his monitors! exploits are intentional, but i this case the game looks like that on 3 monitors, because anet made it that way..
so waht do u want people with 3 monitors to do?do they have to calculate how much the regular screen sees to know if he is allowed to use that ac that way?it is what they see and not an exploit!
and calling it false moral is typical trolling. we do not accept hacking, period. if u see hacking speak to their guild!

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

1. Using a wider FOV is not a hack. It is the solution Anet implemented for multiple monitors.
2. Where is that AC you are showing hitting. I dont see the red circle of it’s attack anywhere, much less somewhere it shouldn’t be from that placement.

Next time I’ll made a video, you silly little goose. “Solution”, my kitten .

sry but i know that commander and he does not hack!plus yes with multiple monitors u get a better sight. everyone knows that.before accusing u should maybe ry to listen to what we gotta say and FA does not support hacking. we report hackers ourselves, we dont take portals if a hacker presents it to us and we report anything suspicious. if u got a problem get in contact with the guild!

Using eyefinity to achieve a wider FOV is allowed by the letter of the law. However, utilizing that wider FOV to fire an AC somewhere it otherwise wouldn’t be able to reach is pretty much the definition of an exploit (even though you will almost certainly not get banned).

People who can afford multiple monitors shouldn’t have such a massive game advantage, that much is plainly obvious. However Anet seems unable/unwilling to change the way multiple monitor set ups alter the FOV so feel free to keep holding that false moral high ground!

L2 windowed mode

in Match-ups

DrWhom.3105

Well yeah if you’re accidentally firing at a weird angle because you’re using multiple monitors then you’re not (willfully) doing anything wrong. Deliberately/repeatedly building ACs to fire over unbroken walls into a keep is an entirely different matter though, especially if you’re a commander. There’s no ignorance defense there.

Also yeah windowed mode still works but nobody tries to defend that like they do multiple monitors.

MAG

in Match-ups

Halo.8976

so waht do u want people with 3 monitors to do?

This… This is so sad. Poor people with 3 monitors, I never realized they have such a difficult life!

Attachments:

in Match-ups

eithinan.9841

Well yeah if you’re accidentally firing at a weird angle because you’re using multiple monitors then you’re not (willfully) doing anything wrong. Deliberately/repeatedly building ACs to fire over unbroken walls into a keep is an entirely different matter though, especially if you’re a commander. There’s no ignorance defense there.

Also yeah windowed mode still works but nobody tries to defend that like they do multiple monitors.

There is no defense needed.

windowed mode = multiple monitor.

That is how anet designed the game to interact with multiple monitors.

Personally, I run dual monitors with a 2nd screen open to the mos website maps. this doesn’t make me a cheater because the map is powered by anet’s api. But having a 2nd monitor gives me an advantage over an opposing commander. I am no exploiter or hacker. I just use all the TOOLS available to me that Anet has decided to provide.

Since I have only 1 monitor playing the game I will squeeze my game window to “imitate” having a 3 screen setup if I need to hit something I cannot see with full screen on. This again is not exploiting. it is using all the available tools that anet has decided to provide us.

in Match-ups

DrWhom.3105

Back at release Anet offer me the “tool” of forgeable karma weapons at the cost of 75 each. Guess that wasn’t an exploit either huh.

Exploiting is using a bug or oversight to obtain an advantage that wasn’t intended.

MAG

(edited by DrWhom.3105)

in Match-ups

eithinan.9841

I have always felt the term “dumbfounded” came from normally intelligent people who happen to find utter stupidity that leaves them speechless. Thus dumb-found.

in Match-ups

Halo.8976

Dear eithinan.9841
Please don’t shoot people if you find a gun.

in Match-ups

DrWhom.3105

So you think the game was intentionally designed so that you’d have to shrink your window in order to get certain angles when firing an arrow cart? Anet specifically made the camera work in this way in order to allow firing at otherwise unreachable spots?

Come on… The much more obvious explanation is that the camera code in this game is a mess and they haven’t come up with a way to fix this without breaking other things.

MAG