7/5 Sanctum of Rall/Blackgate/Jade Quarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: hammer.9721

hammer.9721

How many SoR does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

100, 1 to screw in the lightbulb 29 to turn the ladder and 70 to spam emotes.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kjendar.6459

Kjendar.6459

How many people does it take to keep Magikarps quiet?
Answer: 90357238947134896359817401370938465490234834092834.

That is a trick question because it can’t be done.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

Four. Three to build an arrow cart and one to stand on it to reach up and screw it in.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

None if they are Charr since they dont build squat
A Dozen humans cause they arent really that bright
Sylvari says what lightbulb? my Magic nuts can glow and provide enuf brightness
No Norms since any lightbulb they attempt to screw in breaks in their fists :P
No Asura since they would probably build a 12 foot golem just to change a lightbulb

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Match-ups

Posted by: celeron.3469

celeron.3469

I’m going to sound a bit hypocritical here, as somebody who was on SoS… but I find it funny every time SoR tries to tell JQ why they are having “problems,” like they know.

in Match-ups

Posted by: salluks.6017

salluks.6017

2, 1 to screw the lightbulb in and 1 to fend off the BG zerg.

best answer so far..

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jahn.7019

Jahn.7019

SoR is historically an underdog server, if any server knows, they do.

It has far more losses under its belt than wins, which is why no one cares about winning.

in Match-ups

celeron.3469

It has far more losses under its belt than wins, which is why no one cares about winning.

These “problems” you guys keep bringing up are highly subjective. If you’re not on JQ then you do not know why they are having “problems.” Want to know what other #1 servers have said the same lines you guys are spouting? All of them. You need more coordination! Get your server in TS! Want to know what fixed their “problem?” Recruiting. Which SoR also has all the solutions for apparently.

I just find it hilarious you guys can make these assumptions.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

Lets take a break from the very entertaining but hypocritical qq about SOR’s EU coverage and lets get serious for a moment. I just read a qq thread in the wvw forum about why the State of the Game podcasts where spvp representatives directly ask the devs questions doesn’t include any wvw questions. Ignoring the facepalming idiocy of why spvp players don’t bring up wvw issues, why don’t we have wvw representatives on the show?

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/news/1072-simply-creating-the-next-sotg-for-wvw-not-so-simple/

Apparently back in March GW2 Guru put out a call for wvw hosts to be out a call for wvw hosts but it doesn’t look like anyone responded. I know there are a ton of very passionate and knowledgeable wvw commanders and players on the T1 servers. Any of you guys and gals want to stop trolling for a few hours and step up? For many GW2 players wvw is the end game but it seems like we are the most neglected.

Actually I did reply to them, but they want someone with “experience” in streaming. Otherwise I would have already done it.

I certainly don’t mind learning, and I’ve streamed before, but not a show. Just gameplay.

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

(edited by Raif.9507)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

These “problems” you guys keep bringing up are highly subjective. If you’re not on JQ then you do not know why they are having “problems.” Want to know what other #1 servers have said the same lines you guys are spouting? All of them. You need more coordination! Get your server in TS! Want to know what fixed their “problem?” Recruiting. Which SoR also has all the solutions for apparently.

As someone who was on JQ recently, the level of TS participation/coordination on JQ is rather low. It was rather eye opening actually.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Raven Paradox.1860

Raven Paradox.1860

Same matchup, same trash talk. It got old long ago. Meanwhile, on the Battlefield…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

As someone who was on JQ recently, the level of TS participation/coordination on JQ is rather low. It was rather eye opening actually.

Only Key commanders are informed of the weeks plan. The public TS is used but due to spy problems, private TS channels are in use as well.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Match-ups

Jahn.7019

That was a JQ person not a SoR person that you are referring to, just fyi. They were giving feedback to their own server.

in Match-ups

celeron.3469

Yes but you are saying that as somebody in a large guild (TW/TWL). What you see on TS will be vastly different to a server without a presence like that on every map. BG probably has a similar situation since we do not have as many large guilds. The turnout is pretty good, but it is fractured into a bunch of medium guilds. From what I saw when I played, JQ is similar. Not a lot of large guilds. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

I personally did not like running with the zergs at all, I stayed on my guilds teamspeak 95% of the time where we did small ops. That isn’t to say we didn’t have a representative in the TS to hear/relay things, but we didn’t have the entire guild in there because there was no point.

TL;DR: A server consisting mainly of large guilds is going to have more TS turnout than a server consisting mainly of small/medium.

That was a JQ person not a SoR person that you are referring to, just fyi. They were giving feedback to their own server.

My post was spurred by pixelninja on this page, he’s from SoR. Then I quoted you and Burl which, correct me if I’m wrong, are both SoR as well.

(edited by celeron.3469)

in Match-ups

Burl.9567

Yes but you are saying that as somebody in a large guild (TW/TWL). What you see on TS will be vastly different to a server without a presence like that on every map. BG probably has a similar situation since we do not have as many large guilds. The turnout is pretty good, but it is fractured into a bunch of medium guilds. From what I saw when I played, JQ is similar. Not a lot of large guilds. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

I personally did not like running with the zergs at all, I stayed on my guilds teamspeak 95% of the time where we did small ops. That isn’t to say we didn’t have a representative in the TS to hear/relay things, but we didn’t have the entire guild in there because there was no point.

TL;DR: A server consisting mainly of large guilds is going to have more TS turnout than a server consisting mainly of small/medium.

All I’m going to say is that the issues go much deeper than just TS numbers. SoRs TS has much higher rates of turnout/verbal participation from smaller guilds and non guilded players. Also, everyone gets to sit in on the WvW meeting on Friday night and anyone can speak. It isn’t restricted to anyone. This structure helps quite a bit with TS participation as everyone feels their voice is heard and they are in the know on what is going on. RP secret society meetings and councils (or whatever everyone calls them), while they are good intentioned, leave a large portion of the player base on the sidelines.

Either way, I could say a lot more but I’m done on the topic. I say all this with the best intentions and I don’t mean to belittle how anything is done by anyone or any server.

in Match-ups

celeron.3469

Either way, I could say a lot more but I’m done on the topic. I say all this with the best intentions and I don’t mean to belittle how anything is done by anyone or any server.

I completely understand, more than you’d know. I had to cover for Kurthos on SoS telling JQ how to better their server every other day, making sure JQ knew he had best intentions in mind. I just want you guys to know how silly it can be to say these things when there’s no 100% proven plan to be the best server. There’s a number of things that can factor in, like you mentioned, and no amount of forum preaching is going to help JQ.

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Yes but you are saying that as somebody in a large guild (TW/TWL).

FUNFACTS:

There’s 70 players on TW’s roster. Some are legacy members who don’t actually play.
Our record online at one time is 34.
TW’s Perceived presence:

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Piteous.4165

Piteous.4165

Good fights to my enemies and allies alike. TW, Choo, HL, SG, WARD, AGG, Pro, KISS, IRON, HIRE, TSYM, SF.

who really cares about the end score. I’m experiencing some of the most epic fights since the SoS/JQ/SBI matchups.

^^this/ Score really means nothing anymore lets just go out and have fun, and for a new twist no one start one of these threads next week if SOR, BG AND JQ are together again.

If I remember correctly I read somewhere that this is a game.

Blackgate
Stay frosty! Keep it tight!

in Match-ups

celeron.3469

FUNFACTS:

There’s 70 players on TW’s roster. Some are legacy members who don’t actually play.
TW’s Perceived presence:

Don’t you mean 15?

in Match-ups

Posted by: zepp.4109

zepp.4109

FUNFACTS:

TW’s Perceived presence:

Don’t you mean 15?

He means 5,5.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Troop.1369

Troop.1369

FUNFACTS:

TW’s Perceived presence:

Sounds to me like the GW2 division of TW is slowly dying. That explains why we barely see them in WvW anymore.

GVG anyone??

Black Talons – We make you nervous.
http://blacktalons.guildlaunch.com/

in Match-ups

Burl.9567

FUNFACTS:

TW’s Perceived presence:

Sounds to me like the GW2 division of TW is slowly dying. That explains why we barely see them in WvW anymore.

GVG anyone??

We’ve been playing a lot more EB lately. Guilds/players seem to run from the fights a lot less. Not sure what the difference is in dynamics between EB and the BLs.

in Match-ups

Posted by: CuddleStrike.8215

CuddleStrike.8215

Score Update before I go nap or read… not sure which

SoR, your snuggles were mighty fierce! Hurt me alittle… Don’t worry I’ll be back for more later!

Attachments:

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vash.9183

Vash.9183

I like how BG complains about PvD considering PvD is the only reason why they are here.

In fact, every server in this matchup…in this entire game for that matter, has PvD’d

Every server in T1 has PvD to get to where they are
BG and their ~10 weeks straight of PvD against SoR in T2
JQ and their ~7? weeks straight of PvD against SoR, BG, SoS in T1
SoR and their PvD during Euro timeslot for ~6? weeks

Every server in T1 PvDs daily
SoR – Euro
BG – Oceanic
JQ – Sea

Nobody here. Not JQ, not SoR, not BG has legitimate PvD complaints. We’ve all done it and we all know it. This is the state of T1. There’s no real timezone outside of NA where everyone can get together and actually compete. It’s more like timezone X logs on, ticks at 400ppt, logs off just in time for the enemy to log on and tick at 400ppt.

And for what it’s worth, don’t take this as a “trolling” attempt but there isn’t a timezone out there where BG is in last place in terms of coverage. You guys still have the second strongest EU, NA, and SEA, and the strongest OCEANIC and are able to maintain at least your shard during all timezones outside EU…most of the time

This post bothers me because I feel like you must have not stayed up into oceanic/SEA lately. JQ can’t pvd during SEA anymore because now we have plenty of resistance in that time zone. I mean plenty.

Then, BG can’t pvd during oceanic because they have their hands full with HIRE and late night NA float teams, and then just a couple hours later they have us to deal with in SEA. The two time zones are basically the same, give or take 2 or 3 hours.

Cór
Mithril Footman
Ultimate Dominator

(edited by Vash.9183)

in Match-ups

Vash.9183

I like how BG complains about PvD considering PvD is the only reason why they are here.

In fact, every server in this matchup…in this entire game for that matter, has PvD’d

SoR – Euro
BG – Oceanic
JQ – Sea

Nobody here. Not JQ, not SoR, not BG has legitimate PvD complaints. We’ve all done it and we all know it. This is the state of T1. There’s no real timezone outside of NA where everyone can get together and actually compete. It’s more like timezone X logs on, ticks at 400ppt, logs off just in time for the enemy to log on and tick at 400ppt.

And for what it’s worth, don’t take this as a “trolling” attempt but there isn’t a timezone out there where BG is in last place in terms of coverage. You guys still have the second strongest EU, NA, and SEA, and the strongest OCEANIC and are able to maintain at least your shard during all timezones outside EU…most of the time

BG is fighting against a large SoR zerg right now (oceanic primetime).

And JQ doesn’t PvDoor at SEA, BG and SoR has large zergs to fight against them at this timezone.

BG has multiple zergs in Oceanic.
CA & PUGS -> 1 medium zerg
MERC -> 1 large (occasionally larger than HIRE) zerg
XF & WM -> 1 medium zerg

SoR has 1 zerg in Oceanic.
HIRE -> 1 large (occasionally even bigger than MERC) zerg.

HIRE just hops a lot.

No, WM, CA, and XF log in for SEA for the most part. SoR has a late night group from NA that always stays up as well. Don’t forget that either side has to be preoccupied with JQ’s SEA force (and oceanic when TKG decides to play).

Cór
Mithril Footman
Ultimate Dominator

(edited by Vash.9183)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mindtrick.5190

Mindtrick.5190

Lets take a break from the very entertaining but hypocritical qq about SOR’s EU coverage and lets get serious for a moment. I just read a qq thread in the wvw forum about why the State of the Game podcasts where spvp representatives directly ask the devs questions doesn’t include any wvw questions. Ignoring the facepalming idiocy of why spvp players don’t bring up wvw issues, why don’t we have wvw representatives on the show?

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/news/1072-simply-creating-the-next-sotg-for-wvw-not-so-simple/

Apparently back in March GW2 Guru put out a call for wvw hosts to be out a call for wvw hosts but it doesn’t look like anyone responded. I know there are a ton of very passionate and knowledgeable wvw commanders and players on the T1 servers. Any of you guys and gals want to stop trolling for a few hours and step up? For many GW2 players wvw is the end game but it seems like we are the most neglected.

Ain’t nobody got time for that.

Edit: oh and they posted on gw2 guru only randoms use that site.

Got Ninja?
https://www.twitch.tv/mindtrick714
<3 and Hugs no Hate I Just Point Out Fail.

(edited by Mindtrick.5190)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

Edit: oh and they posted on gw2 guru only randoms use that site.

It wasn’t always like that. I miss the activity the Stonemist forum on guru used to see. Yeah it was really trolly a lot of the time but it was also pretty fun.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kryyg.8576

Kryyg.8576

Is SoR really that dumb? The only reason the score is so close is because WE ARE DOUBLE TEAMING YOU.

(edited by Kryyg.8576)

in Match-ups

Vash.9183

Is SoR really that dumb? The only reason the score is so close is because WE ARE DOUBLE TEAMING YOU.

I’m sure glad you edited out that second part. Wouldn’t want all that false info confusing our enemies. :P

But, I was following SF yesterday and all they wanted to do was attack BG. In BG bl. So, nice try to you too.

Cór
Mithril Footman
Ultimate Dominator

in Match-ups

Vash.9183

In the end it doesn’t concern them, but it doesn’t change the fact that SoR over-recruited.

I, and many other people, can agree with you there.

Anyone have a rotting stash of gold that we can use to move KISS to the appropriate server? Since the lack of EU coverage on the other two servers must not have been clear when they moved.

I know plenty of KISS say they “didn’t want to disturb the balance,” but really. Come on.

Cór
Mithril Footman
Ultimate Dominator

(edited by Vash.9183)

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

FUNFACTS:

TW’s Perceived presence:

GVG anyone??

We’ve been playing a lot more EB lately. Guilds/players seem to run from the fights a lot less. Not sure what the difference is in dynamics between EB and the BLs.

Think they’re not as well trained in EB. It’s been severely impacting our stockpiles of droppable merchants, and what to do with all these darn badges?? One only needs so many golems.

Been great to see Agg in there too! Quickly becoming a fan <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xeeron.9254

Xeeron.9254

Ahh, the SOR golem rush of Garrison water gate. Must be 10 o’clock EU time.

Preceeded by the predictable “SOR takes NW tower while BG hits NE tower”. I am not even suggesting that you guys coordinate, it is just such an daily occurance that BG knows when SOR will keep JQ busy.

And happening simultaneous with the equivalent SOR attack on EB keep. Do you guys actually give it a countdown in TS, or does it just happen because so many log on at the same time?

Finally, sorry to the dancing SOR in our garri, you do not get epic defenses everyday. Sometimes, hitting an outmanned team just turns out to be autoattacking doors for 2 minutes.

- Xeeron

Xeeron – Strike Force

in Match-ups

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

its 6pm est. We actually have players who play on the east coast who long in around 4-5 and join in with r late night EU.

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in Match-ups

Jahn.7019

Preceeded by the predictable “SOR takes NW tower while BG hits NE tower”. I am not even suggesting that you guys coordinate, it is just such an daily occurance that BG knows when SOR will keep JQ busy.

And happening simultaneous with the equivalent SOR attack on EB keep. Do you guys actually give it a countdown in TS, or does it just happen because so many log on at the same time?

Finally, sorry to the dancing SOR in our garri, you do not get epic defenses everyday. Sometimes, hitting an outmanned team just turns out to be autoattacking doors for 2 minutes.

- Xeeron

SoR’s coordination across all BLs is pretty tight.

in Match-ups

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Score update @ PvDoor o’clock

Attachments:

BeeGee
Beast mode

in Match-ups

SykkoB.9465

soo 6pm est is pvdoor o’clock ?

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in Match-ups

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Clearly.

Attachments:

BeeGee
Beast mode

in Match-ups

Posted by: Valin.4527

Valin.4527

That is correct. Just remember, it’s o-beer-thirty somewhere in the world at any given time.

I use to think pot was annoying, now I just want to give him/her/it a hug every time I see them post.

-A man of many Valins [KONG]

in Match-ups

SykkoB.9465

Clearly.

u guys keep changing the timezones for PVDOor, u need to make up ur minds

plzz give us ur list of rules and overall timeszones of all guilds, so we can play when and how u want us to

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in Match-ups

SykkoB.9465

here let me some up this entire thread or actually t1 in general in this one song

This is the song that never ends.
It just goes on and on my friends.
Some people started singing it not knowing what it was,
And they’ll continue singing it forever just because

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Valin.4527

Valin.4527

pot – just let us know when it’s ok for us to log in and play, cool?

-A man of many Valins [KONG]

in Match-ups

Vash.9183

here let me some up this entire threads or actually t1 in general in this one song

This is the song that never ends.
It just goes on and on my friends.
Some people started singing it not knowing what it was,
And they’ll continue singing it forever just because

I would not buy this record

stahp.

Cór
Mithril Footman
Ultimate Dominator

in Match-ups

Posted by: zepp.4109

zepp.4109

- Xeeron

SoR’s coverage across all BLs is pretty tight.

fixed

Clearly.

u guys keep changing the timezones for PVDOor, u need to make up ur minds

plzz give us ur list of rules and overall timeszones of all guilds, so we can play when and how u want us to

well, aren’t you having fun? haha, you guys created this problem when you guys brought another european guild to SoR. Now have fun fighting against doors during euro primetime ^.^

in Match-ups

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

Think they’re not as well trained in EB. It’s been severely impacting our stockpiles of droppable merchants, and what to do with all these darn badges?? One only needs so many golems.

Been great to see Agg in there too! Quickly becoming a fan <3

Yeah, I am not sure TW should be bragging about farming pugs in lag central EB but SW, Agg & WARD have been working hard to toughen up our Eternally casual forces out there so they can give ya some better competition. It has been nice seeing TW forces out looking for some open field fun lately without the rest of their server close behind.

I honestly thought last nite someone had called out BG border as the official small man border for the evening as I kept seeing all these smaller guild forces running around from all 3 sides and there was a queue on a monday nite! ~gasp~ We use to do that in DAoC back when Emain was zerg central, we’d call out a rarely used zone for the 8mans to hit, so nothing like organized GvG but just a place you could expect to find some smaller non-laggy affairs. Anyone with forum weight wanna give it a shot?

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in Match-ups

Posted by: timgod.9456

timgod.9456

I’m sure glad you edited out that second part. Wouldn’t want all that false info confusing our enemies. :P

But, I was following SF yesterday and all they wanted to do was attack BG. In BG bl. So, nice try to you too.

edit: nvm

(edited by timgod.9456)

in Match-ups

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

JQ probably needs more oceanic to be active in WvW, and both BG/JQ probably needs some EST/EU coverage due to the ppt imbalance in that timeslot. I also don’t think HIRE, OCX, SAHP, SONG, NYS, AFS and all the small guilds on SoR that complement the bigger ones would appreciate being downplayed – as they don’t PvD because we’re always fighting them every night.

I play oceanic and early sea every night and whilst every guild that contributes is appreciated we still clearly don’t have the consistent presence every night that BG does.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in Match-ups

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

SoR – Euro
BG – Oceanic
JQ – Sea

BG is fighting against a large SoR zerg right now (oceanic primetime).

And JQ doesn’t PvDoor at SEA, BG and SoR has large zergs to fight against them at this timezone.

Every server has a large zerg on at all times. Doesn’t mean you don’t PvD.

Hell I’ve PvD an entire BL before in NA primetime while the other BLs have had enemy huge zergs.

The only time I would consider people not to PvD is when each map has a force, not a consilidation force that jumps maps because nobody is there.

To the other poster

I play oceanic and early sea all the time. Much more than I should being an NA player. As it stands during oceanic time SoR has one large consolidation force of HIRE and at random intervals NA players staying up late. BG EB almost always has a CA XF force and there is always a WM force and a MERC BL hopping force. Sometimes I see a small NOC force of maybe 10 as well, although it seems their playtimes are inconsistent with the others.

SEA time it’s usually an NYS/SAHP force on our home BLs and we usually tick very low (I would guess, mid 100s?) during SEA time and will generally lose everything outside our home BL if it’s not upgraded/sieged

(edited by Doomdesire.9365)

in Match-ups

Posted by: aelflune.8590

aelflune.8590

SoR – Euro
BG – Oceanic
JQ – Sea

You’re right. SoR needs more EU, Oceanic, SEA and NA guilds.

PS: Love the shift in rhetoric from “We care about balanced match ups” to “Everyone was stacked too once a upon a time”. dat SoR PR machine. Work it

in Match-ups

Posted by: Volcanus.2756

Volcanus.2756

Not even we just want a balanced match. For SoR it was all about we just do it for the fights. A little tip, the more you recruit the less you get to fight. Because our fairweathers don’t show up.

Burstz-Warrior
Damage Inc. [DI]
Isle of Janthir

in Match-ups

Posted by: aelflune.8590

aelflune.8590

Oh hi you must be new here. SoR was all about balanced match ups according to many of the SoR posters here a couple of weeks ago.

But I agree with you. Recruiting is the solution to everything