7/5: Yak's Bend vs. Darkhaven vs. Borlis Pass

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evilzara.6378

Evilzara.6378

Awwww yeah!!! Good job so far this weekend DH! I am enjoying this matchup.

To be fair, BP has been focusing down YB. We almost have their hills fully upgraded.

This is a lot like the BP/SBI/NSP matchup. DH is the NSP of this matchup.

Commander Evilzara of The Black Tides [TBT]

Stormbluff Isle

in Match-ups

Posted by: neiliam.8614

neiliam.8614

Awwww yeah!!! Good job so far this weekend DH! I am enjoying this matchup.

To be fair, BP has been focusing down YB. We almost have their hills fully upgraded.

This is a lot like the BP/SBI/NSP matchup. DH is the NSP of this matchup.

What does that mean DH is NSP? Care to elaborate?

Lightning Gunblade
Member of Darkhaven’s [DHE]
In WvWvW, what’s yours is mine and what’s mine is mine.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Prosecutor.1457

Prosecutor.1457

BP’s weekday is going to be strong if I recall.

Prosecute, lvl 80 Guardian
Leader of Side Effect, [SE]
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: melodey.4652

melodey.4652

Tonight defending bay was probably the highlight of the week for me, absolute craziness. BP, you guys kept coming, and on the other side of the map, YB with golems at hills, which was eventually taken. Kept BP from Bay though. Back and forth between the two was hectic but a lot of fun.
Nice job tonight DH. I think we are exceeding everyone’s expectations atm, including glicko’s.

Attachments:

Yak Slappin’ Bunker- roamin n stuffs [PD] [Duck]
all classes 80, who is the cheesiest of them all?
gw2 dress-up barbie is the real endgame

in Match-ups

Posted by: torridstoic.7492

torridstoic.7492

He’s implying that DH’s score is a result of BP and YB ignoring us and doesn’t actually mean we’re competitive. Keep in mind that he’s also the one saying this thread doesn’t have enough drama.

At The Vanguard.
Golemhaven [Van] – mesmer | guardian

(edited by torridstoic.7492)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Contrary.4036

Contrary.4036

To some extent yes, but the fact that this is the first matchup in a long time when I’ve had queues to get into our BL probably means that we’re trying harder too.

[Darkhaven]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Frosch.7809

Frosch.7809

The low number of posts from Yaks side means that for the first time in weeks both our opposing servers are polite both ingame and in this thread. I for my part am positively surprised at the atmosphere in this thread. No need for me to make some replies to Forum Warriors – i kinda like it.

[Yak’s Bend]

in Match-ups

Posted by: hyjaxxx.1584

hyjaxxx.1584

yeah, this match up has been insane. The best fighting Since ive been wvw’n

My skirmish team and I ran into the Yaks Guardian with the speed hack a couple times lastnight. the First time we saw him leaving demense and he stopped by the spiders, I started to fight him once he got to 1/3 health he went invisible and reappeared across the river by the veteran warg…in about 2 seconds.

The next time we saw him leaving a camp and it was like a slide show in fast forward with about 1000 yards inbetween each one.

Its amazing that Anet can jump all over people with iffy character names but people botting and hacking takes months to ban.

Anyhow.. love the match up..love the folks! Keep it up!

Whoajaxx the Ranger
Re-Port331,331R,DD331,Re-portV
Currently looking for wvw guild@henge

in Match-ups

Posted by: Elochai.1280

Elochai.1280

The low number of posts from Yaks side means that for the first time in weeks both our opposing servers are polite both ingame and in this thread. I for my part am positively surprised at the atmosphere in this thread. No need for me to make some replies to Forum Warriors – i kinda like it.

While that is certainly true and we never have many forum warriors. I know a lot of regulars not playing this week or very little.

Elochai Rendar 80 Warrior/Anskar Rendar 80 Necromancer/Rylea Rendar 80 Thief/Kento Rendar 80 Ranger
Commander

in Match-ups

Posted by: nothing.7941

nothing.7941

Wow, deadest match up thread I can remember.

Martin Firestorm, Borlis Pass
Gaile Gray wrote:
Oh wait, read Martin Firestorm, he says it better…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gahzirra.8639

Gahzirra.8639

He’s implying that DH’s score is a result of BP and YB ignoring us and doesn’t actually mean we’re competitive. Keep in mind that he’s also the one saying this thread doesn’t have enough drama.

That is the implication but it’s not to say DH is not good. We focus on the favorite and try to bring them down rather than pad our ppt by hitting the smaller. Every major group I ran with this weekend we were either in our BL or YB BL.

We did attack DH BL Bay last night and we met with some very heavy resistance, AC’s oh my…I am sure you had some happy shooters. We had to pull out as you guys were great in defending. We jumped maps back to YB and took their bay much easier.

Great fights all around

(edited by Gahzirra.8639)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tynan.6279

Tynan.6279

Wow… What happened to YB? Losing to DH and BP really?? Sad!

Wreckd ~ Mesmer/Warrior/Necro
[SIC] Strident Iconoclast ~ FA

in Match-ups

Posted by: totalpwnage.6534

totalpwnage.6534

We did attack DH BL Bay last night and we met with some very heavy resistance, AC’s oh my…I am sure you had some happy shooters. We had to pull out as you guys were great in defending. We jumped maps back to YB and took their bay much easier.

Great fights all around

That whole epic bay fight went on for almost 30 minutes and was full of quality fighting, and yes the loot bags we got were overwhelming. Almost missed the mesmer hiding just inside the water gate and there was one Yak thief who was leading us on a wild goose chase around the outer walls. You were actually unlucky with your timing as you started attacking just as a commander joined the borderland with some reinforcements.

Happylittlevegemite of Darkhaven
Quick Load [LOAD]

in Match-ups

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

Borlis what’s going on? Where getting beat hard during the day what Is this? Also DH really wondering how you guys lost to NSP, very impressed so far

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

in Match-ups

Posted by: HippoLogic.2519

HippoLogic.2519

We lost to NSP because we got tag teamed all week by NSP and IOJ even with all that we almost came out on top.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dio.2394

Dio.2394

I think the idea that (at least for the first 36 hours), YB and BP were concentrating mostly on each other is true. However, I wouldn’t take away from it that DH isn’t competitive.

NSP, with the exception of some camp flipping, pretty much stuck to its BL and corner of EB, wisely so because it was vastly outnumbered. DH is a different story. You aren’t vastly outnumbered and you are making a strong showing in both opposing BLs. So far this match seems to be three fairly equal servers slugging it out like crazy!

in Match-ups

Posted by: HippoLogic.2519

HippoLogic.2519

Keeping us on our toes today good thing our giant zombie horde came into bay just in time.

in Match-ups

Posted by: hyjaxxx.1584

hyjaxxx.1584

NSP beat us Once after we pounded them for a few weeks. The week they beat us we were tag teamed all week..and they still almost lost. Also it was the first week of summer and Darkhaven is mostly an “adult” server so NSP and ISLE both had a huge influx of players during the bankers shift with tons of kiddies hopped up on jolly Ranchers and Tang.

as a side note, I killed a Necro from Yaks this morning and as i was spiking i was swarmed by a sea of Red…you guys really pee’d on my cheerios. lol

Jaxx of GRIM

Whoajaxx the Ranger
Re-Port331,331R,DD331,Re-portV
Currently looking for wvw guild@henge

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evilzara.6378

Evilzara.6378

We lost to NSP because we got tag teamed all week by NSP and IOJ even with all that we almost came out on top.

That’s really no excuse. NSP sucks. lol

Commander Evilzara of The Black Tides [TBT]

Stormbluff Isle

in Match-ups

melodey.4652

That’s really no excuse. NSP sucks. lol

lol @ this comment.
Borlis there’s more to life than PPT, I think they would say.

in Match-ups

Posted by: stronnghest.1426

stronnghest.1426

since BP doesnt have to face ebay for a while, i guess they are slowly coming out of their safe zone and feel like acting big time. WvW is srs bsns

in Match-ups

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

Sorry guys Zara likes to get a bit feisty lol

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aeros.2046

Aeros.2046

since BP doesnt have to face ebay for a while, i guess they are slowly coming out of their safe zone and feel like acting big time. WvW is srs bsns

We acted like it was the big time against Ebay too.

[KRTA]
Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: stronnghest.1426

stronnghest.1426

We acted like it was the big time against Ebay too.

big time whiners

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

Ayup, notice the only bonehead posts are from outsiders / former opponents sticking their noses in.

Nice effort all three servers so far.

in Match-ups

Gahzirra.8639

Kudos Darkhaven you guys are tough, got some numbers right now. BP hits your Bay and you had a force big enough to take our Hills. We were wondering if you guys would slow down on weekday, nope…

Hats off DH you guys are making this a fun match

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hadan.2841

Hadan.2841

Fun fights tonight in DH bls. Pro guild on yaks kept trying to back cap us. good fights all around.

Leader/Driver of Krew/MR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Miss Firesss.3704

Miss Firesss.3704

Anyone have a score update? We had some power surges/losses today, and I am pretty sure my motherboard was fried in the process. I am a sad, sad panda, was really enjoying this week! :’(

[Abys]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Like Forty Seven Ninjas.6982

Like Forty Seven Ninjas.6982

Scores!
DH: 10888, +200
BP: 99643, +240
YB: 92932, +255

Get yo computer fixed!!!!

DH Yak’s Bend – Perfect Dark [PD]
Dr Hoppenheimer – Engi / Meowzir – Guard /
Mulcibur Nox – Ele / Mr Directed – Mes

in Match-ups

Miss Firesss.3704

Nice work DH! Keep kicking butt.
It would be much easier to fix if I didn’t live 2 hours from a repair shop.

[Abys]

in Match-ups

Miss Firesss.3704

And thanks Dr.

[Abys]

in Match-ups

Posted by: ShadowLordX.5148

ShadowLordX.5148

That was an epic golem rush attempt from BP just a few minutes ago. Must have been at least 20-30 golems. We had a good bit of luck that we spotted you and our zerg was coming along at the same time. Not sure why you continued to try to attack our garrison instead of cutting your losses, but fun fights anyways.

All Classes 80; Kylar, Verushk, Thorgar,
Valar, Lyala, Laya, Leyela, Cattee
Coldsnap [IX], Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Birdo.1768

Birdo.1768

20-30 golems? lol is seen you guys coming to garrison, shouted out in mapchat, but i never seen the golems once, to caught up in messing around at vale >.>

Viewtiful Birdo : Guardian

in Match-ups

torridstoic.7492

Oh man, heck of a day in the motherland. We went from defending Bay from BP and YB zergs, at the same time (and while one of them also hit Hills) in the evening, to beating back successive golem rushes from both servers in the night.

Get your own borderland! This one’s ours! >:D

At The Vanguard.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aeros.2046

Aeros.2046

Oh man, heck of a day in the motherland. We went from defending Bay from BP and YB zergs, at the same time (and while one of them also hit Hills) in the evening, to beating back successive golem rushes from both servers in the night.

You were’nt really defending bay from both us and yaks bend. Yaks was doing everything they could to monkey wrench our attack on you, constantly flipping vale camp, destroying our trebs, forcing us to pull off Bay to fight them. Honestly they helped you and were the primary reason we could not take bay. Them’s the brakes though.

Don’t really understand the logic though. My school of tactics says it does not matter which invading server flips a keep in a borderland, so long as they do it and make it wood. Just makes it easier for me to show up and flip it myself later. But I suppose Yaks felt they could handle it on their own and did everything they could to stop us from flipping it. Which did not make sense to me since the better alternative would be for them to focus on Hills while we hit Bay, since that would have split your defense.

In the end though we could not take either keep, largely due to BP and Yaks spending more time fighting each other in DH Borderlands then DH. So I will chalk tonight up as a double fail for us both. I suppose it could be a win for Yaks if their commanders objective was simply to prevent us from flipping Darkhavens Bay though. Don’t see how that would help them stop losing the match, since DH is in the lead, albeit, not by much :P

[KRTA]
Maguuma

(edited by Aeros.2046)

in Match-ups

Miss Firesss.3704

You know, I never see “Good job defending/taking DH.” It’s always " you only kept/got that because of another server."
DH is doing a great job so far this week, and I think we deserve credit where credit is due. Just my humble opinion though, take it or leave it.
GO DH!

[Abys]

in Match-ups

torridstoic.7492

He apparently wasn’t there when both servers were trebbing our inner walls at the same time, or hitting our north gate while the other walked through the south wall. Don’t let it bother you too much, Fires, we know what we did and we’re proud.

It goes both ways, though. I’ve not seen a single DH player give credit to NSP for beating us, only “it happened because of double team blahblah.”

At The Vanguard.

(edited by torridstoic.7492)

in Match-ups

Posted by: totalpwnage.6534

totalpwnage.6534

DH relies on you guys fighting huh? On EB we literally just rolled Yak’s keep then meleed inner gate down in SM to take it from Borlis and then retook Yak’s keep by meleeing that door too.

None shall withstand the might of Darkhaven melee power!

Video of meleeing SM door: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsoDhR6lk8E&feature=youtu.be (sorry for no sound)

Happylittlevegemite of Darkhaven
Quick Load [LOAD]

(edited by totalpwnage.6534)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Erinshaw.8035

Erinshaw.8035

Would the Guild leader of BP guild Thug please pm me would like to have a civil chat ty

The Older Gamers (TOG) wvw guild leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: nothing.7941

nothing.7941

DH is doing a great job so far this week, and I think we deserve credit where credit is due.

Agreed.

Martin Firestorm, Borlis Pass
Gaile Gray wrote:
Oh wait, read Martin Firestorm, he says it better…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Stylo.6259

Stylo.6259

That was a massive GOLEM rush by BP over night. We were fighting about 10 BP south Bay when “Holy Cow!” went out in map chat. That holy cow came from one of our scouts that spotted the 10-15? GOLEMS in the water. I jumped in the water and saw the GOLEMS and about 30 BP. Nice save DH.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dio.2394

Dio.2394

You know, I never see “Good job defending/taking DH.” It’s always " you only kept/got that because of another server."
DH is doing a great job so far this week, and I think we deserve credit where credit is due. Just my humble opinion though, take it or leave it.
GO DH!

I think you should go back and re-read the thread, you have been getting that credit.

in Match-ups

Miss Firesss.3704

GO DH!

I think you should go back and re-read the thread, you have been getting that credit.

I am not talking about just this thread. Too bad you can’t go back and read the old ones.

[Abys]

in Match-ups

melodey.4652

In the end though we could not take either keep, largely due to BP and Yaks spending more time fighting each other in DH Borderlands then DH.

Umm. No. You couldn’t take any of our keeps despite throwing, what… 50 golems at them over the course of the night, megazergballs, because of Darkhaven, not because of Yak’s Bend. Yak’s was over on our east side trying to golem rush half the time anyways, splitting our forces.
Do you still think the rank we have going into this matchup is somehow still relevant? If so you have not been paying attention the last couple nights.

in Match-ups

Gahzirra.8639

GO DH!

Then you are not looking, not even a few posts up is my post saying great job DH and on page 1 again is another post by me saying great defense on Bay. Several other BP’s have all given props to DH as well. DH forces have been putting up a hell of a fight.

I am not talking about just this thread. Too bad you can’t go back and read the old ones.

EDIT: Why would you be talking about old threads/other servers in this one? That doesn’t make sense

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ayane Hajinmon.9165

Ayane Hajinmon.9165

from what i see is that Yaks show the least resistance so BP keep hitting them to gain points while DH just focus on their borderland and eb…since DH borderland is harder to take it seem like they’ve been ignored like no one really try to take em…while Yaks borderland being flip by BP over and over
thats just how i see it when i get to play

in Match-ups

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

GO DH!

Uhm.. this thread is full of DH kudos from all the servers. If you have never seen “good job” posts it is because you aren’t reading. Also it cannot be a “humble opinion” if the sentence before it congratulates yourself on a great job. I am pretty sure that is the exact opposite of humble.

All that said, yes DH is proving to be very capable and evenly matched with the other servers. I thought for sure BP would pull ahead during the weekdays but your coverage is keeping ours in check there as well.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in Match-ups

Gahzirra.8639

That was a massive GOLEM rush by BP over night. We were fighting about 10 BP south Bay when “Holy Cow!” went out in map chat. That holy cow came from one of our scouts that spotted the 10-15? GOLEMS in the water. I jumped in the water and saw the GOLEMS and about 30 BP. Nice save DH.

Umm. No. You couldn’t take any of our keeps despite throwing, what… 50 golems at them over the course of the night,

20-30, 10-15…closer to 5-7. We had either 4 to 6 Alpha’s and 1 Omega(I forget exact but it wasnt that big). Also you guys killed 1 Alpha in the water if I recall.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

+70 PPT YB, eek.

PVE content release, there goes the comeback as usual.

in Match-ups

Miss Firesss.3704

My fellow DH-er’s know what I am talking about.

[Abys]