7/5: Yak's Bend vs. Darkhaven vs. Borlis Pass

in Match-ups

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

My money is on yaks for second. Sorry DH don’t see you pulling it back from this point onwards. You guys did well though.

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cheloss.1453

Cheloss.1453

Looks like a battle for second place.. who will get it? :o

Do not rely

Por la Razón o La Fuerza [CL]
Fuerte de Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Khayoss.2019

Khayoss.2019

This matchup has been really amazing to watch from the outside… score evolution and forum watching.

I wish there was a way to go into other matches in spectator mode. Does Darkhaven have one final push in it tonight? 6k isn’t an insurmountable lead, but Yaks can turtle up pretty kitten well too… would make for great twitch tv!

Khayoss / Khayotica / Mistasia
Ehmry Bay – The Rally Bot Vortex [VOID]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Splifferton.9874

Splifferton.9874

This matchup has been really amazing to watch from the outside… score evolution and forum watching.

I wish there was a way to go into other matches in spectator mode. Does Darkhaven have one final push in it tonight? 6k isn’t an insurmountable lead, but Yaks can turtle up pretty kitten well too… would make for great twitch tv!

Meh its been ok — We here at Yaks have been making a strong push the last 24hrs..

Little Grundle [RAM]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aeros.2046

Aeros.2046

Meh its been ok — We here at Yaks have been making a strong push the last 24hrs..

Well yes, because BP took the brakes off you guys and pulled out of Shadaran Hills to go destroy Darkhaven. Switching gears again!

Chest thumping aside now. Well done to all the BP people who capped Stonemist tonight and got rid of that rather annoying waypoint. It was a textbook capture of an upgraded and defended SM. Operations commenced at 4:30 and the castle was taken by 6:30. It only took 3 pushes on the Lords Room to cap, and we made each one count. That said though, Yaks, why did you blow 1,400 supply on the walls? We were nuking them with 8 trebuchets <_<

[KRTA]
Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kubb.9764

Kubb.9764

Well yes, because BP took the brakes off you guys and pulled out of Shadaran Hills to go destroy Darkhaven. Switching gears again!

Chest thumping aside now. Well done to all the BP people who capped Stonemist tonight and got rid of that rather annoying waypoint. It was a textbook capture of an upgraded and defended SM. Operations commenced at 4:30 and the castle was taken by 6:30. It only took 3 pushes on the Lords Room to cap, and we made each one count. That said though, Yaks, why did you blow 1,400 supply on the walls? We were nuking them with 8 trebuchets <_<

Oh thank you so much for the civil talk, you are a great opposition.

On a side note, I’m extremely impressed BP, you should seriously try out for some marathons at this rate! Amazing!

Asura

(edited by Kubb.9764)

in Match-ups

Aeros.2046

On a side note, I’m extremely impressed BP, you should seriously try out for some marathons at this rate! Amazing!

Back at you As for us doing things marathon style, we usually set a goal for ourselves and then beat our faces on it until we finally succeed. Earlier tonight it was blow up Stonemists Waypoint. I think now its getting you guys out of our bay. Its OUR bay!

[KRTA]
Maguuma

in Match-ups

Kubb.9764

Back at you As for us doing things marathon style, we usually set a goal for ourselves and then beat our faces on it until we finally succeed. Earlier tonight it was blow up Stonemists Waypoint. I think now its getting you guys out of our bay. Its OUR bay!

Had a blast fighting tonight guys, BPBL was just too much fun. Some sketchy arrow carts on your side but overall was a good night.

That’s quite a big force you have there O______________O

Attachments:

Asura

in Match-ups

Aeros.2046

Nah, Arrowcarts were fine. You can see through gates that don’t completely rise to the top of the wall and shoot behind them. Try it sometime

[KRTA]
Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Panic.1862

Panic.1862

Shout out to both sides, this match up has been amazing both in the fact that it was a close match and the fact that we can remain civil and respectable towards each other, It’s a nice break from the typical NSP/IoJ forum warrior talk. I know we of Abyss had several great fights with both sides this week. I’m sad to see the match drawing to it’s end, but I feel as a server both BP and YB has taught us so much this week.

Stormbluff Isle
Dark Covenant [DC] Fear Him [FEAR] All Glass No Cannon [Oops]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hadan.2841

Hadan.2841

Yea, yaks pushed our bls pretty hard. Usually Thursdays are our off nights from WvW where we just lvl alts taking camps and what not. We got sick of the giant yak zergs tho and eventually got back on our 80s for a good ole home bls map cleaning. fun fights tonight!

Leader/Driver of Krew/MR

in Match-ups

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

GG, this was a fun week. I have to thank you guys though. I’m not being sarcastic, but I really had no idea how in the hell I would get any fortune scraps. Then bam one of you guys gives me 50. I’m really glad they included it this way. I was dreading farming more bandits.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

Amazing fights all around, glad I could jump in from time to time though i mostly died lmao.
Always nice to receive compliments from frienemies after coming into the match with low expectations. The midweek patch and as well as a horrible decision messed us up badly :/, learn through our mistakes though.

we shall look forward to our next meeting should we be broken up at reset <3

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zizanzi.4678

Zizanzi.4678

Ya, have to say some nice fights out there last night. After only I transferred to BP two days ago from DR I had the great pleasure to lead a small man group comprised of Soul/Krew gents last night. Fun times and a shout out to the Mesmer/Elm team we fought a couple times last night (sorry I didn’t remember your guild tag) and to the Abyss guild to name a few. Great fun and see you out there.

Stylii Elementalist (Staff) Norn
(NoQQ) Shoulda Rolled Kaineng (Leader)

in Match-ups

Posted by: nothing.7941

nothing.7941

Yeah, I’ve fought Abyss a few times this week. That is a well coordinated and effective skill group.

Martin Firestorm, Borlis Pass
Gaile Gray wrote:
Oh wait, read Martin Firestorm, he says it better…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

Yak’s Bend flexed their Muscles last night in BP, was refreshing to see YB manhandle and farm like I knew they could.

and yes we know how to defend pretty good, so tell all those “I got a golem let’s use it” people to save their money.

OH forgot to mention DH you all are good also we have had some fun times this week I think we will see each other again and again and again.

Fun week

Sincerly, Me.

(edited by Zepher.7803)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mayhem.1935

Mayhem.1935

Ya, have to say some nice fights out there last night. After only I transferred to BP two days ago from DR I had the great pleasure to lead a small man group comprised of Soul/Krew gents last night. Fun times and a shout out to the Mesmer/Elm team we fought a couple times last night (sorry I didn’t remember your guild tag) and to the Abyss guild to name a few. Great fun and see you out there.

That was me and Divine Posterity. Cant remember if we were repping SXY or Abys. We actually were looking for you guys to do some 2v2 or 1v1s but everyone i tried to invite to talk to was already in a group. Next time i guess! I was actually pretty suprised (.) to hear you guys departed from the ad/bsty and moved to BP. Nice to see you again! Cheers =)

The Swindler

-The Swindler-Mesmer —

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zizanzi.4678

Zizanzi.4678

That was me and Divine Posterity. Cant remember if we were repping SXY or Abys. We actually were looking for you guys to do some 2v2 or 1v1s but everyone i tried to invite to talk to was already in a group. Next time i guess! I was actually pretty suprised (.) to hear you guys departed from the ad/bsty and moved to BP. Nice to see you again! Cheers =)

The Swindler

It is only I that has come to BP, no one else of the Tri-forge ADNoQQBsty has moved from DR. Nor has any of my crew under NoQQ moved from DR they are just wearing BSTY tags now on DR.

Again great fights :-}

in Match-ups

Kubb.9764

I have to say, BP and DH, you guys have brought so much frustration yet a huge amount of fun to my wvw experience and I have grown to respect both servers.

Hats off to you guys!

Asura

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evilzara.6378

Evilzara.6378

Good fights this week.

YB don’t be discouraged to WvW because some guilds left your server. It’s happened to everyone, especially us on BP. We just regrouped and came back even stronger.
You shouldn’t be talking about “what happened to this guild” or “why did they leave”, you should talk about how you’re going to move forward. This gives those smaller guilds to step up in recruiting and become a big force in WvW. Good luck to you.

Commander Evilzara of The Black Tides [TBT]

Stormbluff Isle

in Match-ups

Aeros.2046

BS went from about 15 people online for reset to almost 50 in the space of a few weeks after a few of our major guilds left. No guild is irreplaceable. In fact, I am of the opinion a guild leaving a server is good for the server. Fair weather players are not wanted or needed.

I wonder what BURN, ORL and GOAT think now. Odds are good we will be fighting them soon. And beating them. Can’t wait till we get Maguuma, and we will at the rate things are going.

[KRTA]
Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gorefiend.9675

Gorefiend.9675

I wonder what BURN, ORL and GOAT think now. Odds are good we will be fighting them soon. And beating them. Can’t wait till we get Maguuma, and we will at the rate things are going.

Woah now, you have to walk before you can run.

D/D, Staff Elementalist

in Match-ups

Aeros.2046

Yaks was about as ranked as Maguuma. As was SBI. We’ve beaten them both, so I’m sure we can give Mag a run for their money.

[KRTA]
Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gorefiend.9675

Gorefiend.9675

Yaks was about as ranked as Maguuma. As was SBI. We’ve beaten them both, so I’m sure we can give Mag a run for their money.

Not to say your analysis is wrong but your analysis is wrong. Yaks has been losing themselves over the last few weeks. During the first YB/Kain/EB matchup the score spread between first (EB) and third (Kain) was only 8k points. The second round of that match-up (two weeks after the first) saw a point spread of 43k points between first (EB) and second (YB). Being in that fight I can say that yaks was noticeably easier to deal with the second round. This week alone two of Yaks’ larger guilds left (RAM and CL). Point is, Yaks is a dying server and if you think that they are anywhere near the level of Maguuma you are sadly mistaken.

D/D, Staff Elementalist

in Match-ups

Posted by: torridstoic.7492

torridstoic.7492

I’m glad the zergy people are having fun this matchup. From a roamer POV this has been the worse matchup I’ve ever seen. People are either running away, moving in groups of 10, or not being around completely.

Sad face.

Maybe I’ve been looking in the wrong places, but I agree with this. Almost every solo I’ve come across turned and ran instead of fighting, and getting jumped by 15 guys (who proceeded to drop everything and chase me for ten minutes) was commonplace.

At The Vanguard.
Golemhaven [Van] – mesmer | guardian

in Match-ups

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

We walked all over YB when they had another guild that regularly fielded 40+ per night in WvW. No. You won’t.

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kronyx.2570

Kronyx.2570

We walked all over YB when they had another guild that regularly fielded 40+ per night in WvW. No. You won’t.

Wow, I didn’t know we had a guild that fielded 40+ a night. Which guild might this be?

Not to say your analysis is wrong but your analysis is wrong. Yaks has been losing themselves over the last few weeks. During the first YB/Kain/EB matchup the score spread between first (EB) and third (Kain) was only 8k points. The second round of that match-up (two weeks after the first) saw a point spread of 43k points between first (EB) and second (YB). Being in that fight I can say that yaks was noticeably easier to deal with the second round. This week alone two of Yaks’ larger guilds left (RAM and CL). Point is, Yaks is a dying server and if you think that they are anywhere near the level of Maguuma you are sadly mistaken.

Um, not sure where you got your info, but CL has not left the server is neither planning too. RAM did leave, and they were not a large guild. They ran in maybe groups on 15, maybe 30 on reset. The several months of Dragonbrand followed by Maguuma has made a lot of our players become less active, but we are picking up as you can see in the last few days we made up a deficit of about 20k to DH and turned it into a lead of 8k.

But I agree that BP is nowhere near close to giving Maguuma a “run for their money”. Mags got more transfers in game and on the forums ( gotta keep that PvF T1 level)
So now they got more numbers and better coverage.

Wait never mind, they are a small group roaming server with 0 Karma trains

Rheayas – 80 Guardian
Guild Leader Of [LOOT]
Yaks Bend Allaince Commander [YBA]

(edited by Kronyx.2570)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Stone.6751

Stone.6751

I’m glad the zergy people are having fun this matchup. From a roamer POV this has been the worse matchup I’ve ever seen. People are either running away, moving in groups of 10, or not being around completely.

Sad face.

Maybe I’ve been looking in the wrong places, but I agree with this. Almost every solo I’ve come across turned and ran instead of fighting, and getting jumped by 15 guys (who proceeded to drop everything and chase me for ten minutes) was commonplace.

Well there is always PvP for you then.

Penny Royalty – Level 80 Guardian
Raingarde – Level 80 Necromancer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

Yaks was once close to Mag, before their massive transfer surge that sent them up the rankings on a rocket just like Kaineng. Then they ran into T2 and got beat down, and some people left. They like to pretend all the bandwagoners left, but they really didn’t, they still come out and zerg zerg zerg, karma train all over when they have a favorable matchup. But then disappear vs the tough fights.

So no Yaks isn’t close to Mag anymore.

To get back on topic, this week has been great, and I hope we get a rematch, because DH and BP did not get Yaks best effort this week for a variety of reasons.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Stone.6751

Stone.6751

BS went from about 15 people online for reset to almost 50 in the space of a few weeks after a few of our major guilds left. No guild is irreplaceable. In fact, I am of the opinion a guild leaving a server is good for the server. Fair weather players are not wanted or needed.

BURN wasn’t that good of a WvW guild anyway. I ran with them for a while and although they had some good people their ranks were undisciplined and sloppy. They relied on throwing numbers at the enemy, essentially a PUG guild, and as a result people quickly dropped out of WvW and went back to PvE.

You might be right, it may be better they left the server and made room for other guilds to step in and take their place.

Penny Royalty – Level 80 Guardian
Raingarde – Level 80 Necromancer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Yaks and SBI were both dealing with some big transfers when they fought us. Maguuma has lost some groups but gained others. Mags is likely as strong as EBay and possibly stronger. We simply don’t have the population to effectively compete (as in have a serious chance of winning) against Mags… IMO.

As for BURN… I was sorry to hear of them leaving the server but looks like our other guilds have picked up most of the slack. I haven’t really noticed them being gone which is kinda of a shocker given how many members they have.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in Match-ups

Posted by: bleach.9074

bleach.9074

Thank you YB and BP for the fantastic week. We expected this week to be tough and you guys delivered. Looking forward to seeing you again in the future.

[XSV] SMASH!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Frosch.7809

Frosch.7809

Nothing against you, BP, but if you think that you could take on Maguuma because you could take on Yaks then you are most likely mistaken, especially if you think that Yaks was tough opposition this week. Believe me, we weren’t, as compared to some weeks ago. Yaks will fall in rank to No.12 and imo this is not even close to where they belong now in rank. But maybe you guys will rise in rank and meet Maguuma eventually, although they are not exactly know for their good manners in threads like this. Good luck to you.

[Yak’s Bend]

in Match-ups

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

I’m sure they will at least score more than 73k if they rematch against us.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in Match-ups

Posted by: Panic.1862

Panic.1862

I’m going to miss you BP and, YB.

Stormbluff Isle
Dark Covenant [DC] Fear Him [FEAR] All Glass No Cannon [Oops]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

Wow, I didn’t know we had a guild that fielded 40+ a night. Which guild might this be?

CL who has either transferred or became inactive (we certainly didn’t see much of them last time we faced) for a long time picked a map and full queued it on their raid days. Yaks and DB both full queuing our map was some of the most fun we had when we were stuck in that match.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ambrienne.8923

Ambrienne.8923

We would love it! Although I’m afraid we’ll get JQ or something equally dreadful.. But we’re all really hoping for BP! <3

Ambrienne – Mesmer
and bunch of alts all with name Jade
Maguuma – [VR]

in Match-ups

Posted by: iamstargazer.9613

iamstargazer.9613

It has been a great match up YB and BP I hope to see you all again when our server is a little stronger;) good luck next week.

DH Commander [SE]