8/16 DR/ET/FC

8/16 DR/ET/FC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kcrook.3945

Kcrook.3945

careful, [bags] doesnt like it when theyre dumb enough to follow someone into fully upgraded keep guards and 2 of their 4 die to 1 person. they try to troll you by letting you rot in downed state the next time you fight 4v4.

lol

So far your server has placed a cataptult on 3 seperate occasions on the northwest tower vista in the last matchup and the current one in order to counter a catapult placed by Bags to take down the wall. All catapults were extremely out of range of our own. One was placed by a player with the [GWTD] tag. THAT was dumb.

ill make sure they know its treb or nothin, thanks

you make sure your guildies know not to chase people into upped guards

I like how you act superior to others when you’re the one running away.

Not that I care about this argument, but using the map to make other people kill themselves is superior. Getting yourself killed by guards is kinda dumb.

It’s WvW, people die. What’s your point?

As for the trolling while you were downed…. Don’t die then. It sounds like you got outplayed and were angry about it, so you tough guy’d it on the forums when NPC’s did something you couldn’t.

Golf clap

We would be more than happy to fight you with even numbers to reassure you that you are bad. But you already know you’re bad, so you won’t accept this fight offer.

Either way, you lose.

you realize the person you’re talking to did several gvgs against Bags, many f which, if not most, he won. so gg. kittenty boaster.

In our 5v5’s we won a lot more than they did. If you were there you would have seen.

He was there. I only lost 3 of the gvgs we did when it was 5v5 :p OP necros ftw! You guys are really awesome though. I’d love to fight you guys again if you don’t go 3 guards, ele, and mesmer again xD

Two of our core 5 man players main guardians. We didn’t want to play three guards and tried different variations but that was the only way we could counter the condition spam. If it works it works.
Two guard, ele, mesmer and X is our main group, you guys just had so much condi X happened to be another guardian.

lol 2 guardians much better
no offense but reminds me of how PAXA thought they were so awesome because they brought 2-3 guards for 5 mans. and yeah Yarr is guilty of it too at times.

<3 yarr. Love fighting you guys. Got some good players over there.

p.s.- It was me who died to those guards on my theif alt. Guardian playing theif = tons of forum QQ apparently :P

-Ckrael- THE Guardian
[Bags]
Ebay << What a mistake.

8/16 DR/ET/FC

in Match-ups

Posted by: salocinn.4120

salocinn.4120

Any roamers out tonight?

what is roaming friend?

If you have to ask…

How does I roam good

Well you already have a thief so you’re on the right track! Only attack lowbies, and if you meet anyone that could be a challenge just run.

You’ll be the scourge of the plains in no time!

also works if you have a mesmer (running away is a bit harder but phantasms can win the fight for you while you drink your favourite beverage and/or eat popcorn)

last but not least, try to run a bunker regen/condi build! what could be better than spamming condis while healing 1k+ per second? bonus points for running it with a BM ranger, even more OP AI skillz!

oh my! seems like a personal attack! You found out my secret I am very bad at this game, so I let the AI do all the job for me. We can’t all be skilled like you!

Aurell Hawk_80 Ranger
Kaze pewpew_80 Elementalist
Fergusons Crossing (Yarr)

8/16 DR/ET/FC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

Any roamers out tonight?

what is roaming friend?

If you have to ask…

How does I roam good

Well you already have a thief so you’re on the right track! Only attack lowbies, and if you meet anyone that could be a challenge just run.

also works if you have a mesmer (running away is a bit harder but phantasms can win the fight for you while you drink your favourite beverage and/or eat popcorn)

last but not least, try to run a bunker regen/condi build! what could be better than spamming condis while healing 1k+ per second? bonus points for running it with a BM ranger, even more OP AI skillz!

oh my! seems like a personal attack! You found out my secret I am very bad at this game, so I let the AI do all the job for me. We can’t all be skilled like you!

wait what I didn’t even know you ran that
I just know bunker condis builds are very op 1v1

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

8/16 DR/ET/FC

in Match-ups

Posted by: salocinn.4120

salocinn.4120

Any roamers out tonight?

what is roaming friend?

If you have to ask…

How does I roam good

wait what I didn’t even know you ran that
I just know bunker condis builds are very op 1v1

my bad, how could you have known? I’m always playing on my warior after all. I totally should stop taking things too personnal

Aurell Hawk_80 Ranger
Kaze pewpew_80 Elementalist
Fergusons Crossing (Yarr)

8/16 DR/ET/FC

in Match-ups

Kcrook.3945

Lovers quarrel ^^^^^^

-Ckrael- THE Guardian
[Bags]
Ebay << What a mistake.

8/16 DR/ET/FC

in Match-ups

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

no offense but reminds me of how PAXA thought they were so awesome because they brought 2-3 guards for 5 mans. and yeah Yarr is guilty of it too at times.

What choice is there? When BS wanted to do some equal numbered fights, aside from a couple guardians, every single person they brought was a condi spam build. When this is what guilds are bringing to fights, there really isn’t much choice.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

8/16 DR/ET/FC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tots.3056

Tots.3056

careful, [bags] doesnt like it when theyre dumb enough to follow someone into fully upgraded keep guards and 2 of their 4 die to 1 person. they try to troll you by letting you rot in downed state the next time you fight 4v4.

lol

So far your server has placed a cataptult on 3 seperate occasions on the northwest tower vista in the last matchup and the current one in order to counter a catapult placed by Bags to take down the wall. All catapults were extremely out of range of our own. One was placed by a player with the [GWTD] tag. THAT was dumb.

ill make sure they know its treb or nothin, thanks

you make sure your guildies know not to chase people into upped guards

I like how you act superior to others when you’re the one running away.

Not that I care about this argument, but using the map to make other people kill themselves is superior. Getting yourself killed by guards is kinda dumb.

It’s WvW, people die. What’s your point?

As for the trolling while you were downed…. Don’t die then. It sounds like you got outplayed and were angry about it, so you tough guy’d it on the forums when NPC’s did something you couldn’t.

Golf clap

We would be more than happy to fight you with even numbers to reassure you that you are bad. But you already know you’re bad, so you won’t accept this fight offer.

Either way, you lose.

you realize the person you’re talking to did several gvgs against Bags, many f which, if not most, he won. so gg. kittenty boaster.

In our 5v5’s we won a lot more than they did. If you were there you would have seen.

He was there. I only lost 3 of the gvgs we did when it was 5v5 :p OP necros ftw! You guys are really awesome though. I’d love to fight you guys again if you don’t go 3 guards, ele, and mesmer again xD

Two of our core 5 man players main guardians. We didn’t want to play three guards and tried different variations but that was the only way we could counter the condition spam. If it works it works.
Two guard, ele, mesmer and X is our main group, you guys just had so much condi X happened to be another guardian.

PAXA had good coordination between their guardians and I believe that having that is the base of any group when fighting in an outnumbered situation. Were they completely full of themselves with the most kitteny attitudes? YES. But they were right when it came to guardians being the ones that carry the group.

Guardians are an essential part of a 5 man. You have to run at least one in order for most team sets to be balanced. Guardians provide an array of things that no other class can provide. Example: 100% stability and protection uptime. This helps immensely in fights where we are outnumbered 5:1. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RJPDhtz3d0 Watch our health and boons in this video, stability and protection uptime.)
Instead of QQ’ing that X has more guardians than X why don’t you think of a way to beat it? Our sustain comes from the guardians because the other people in the group are glass. It’s our way of balancing it out, if you don’t like it then too bad. We don’t like bunker condi spam but that’s what everyone and their mother is running at the moment, and you know what? We deal with it.

If it’s OP the whole meta shifts to it. Soon enough you’ll be seeing 5 man guardian groups, so learn how to beat two or three now. :P

Collecting Loot [Bags]
Guild Leader

(edited by Tots.3056)

8/16 DR/ET/FC

in Match-ups

Tots.3056

5 mesmer meta coming soon… jk i dont have 4 friends

Pretty sure I saw some GWTD attempting this. Bunker phantasm + veil and MI spam = perma stealth and no damage.

Collecting Loot [Bags]
Guild Leader

8/16 DR/ET/FC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

I had some friends run what they called an “Immortal Squad.” Party of 5 guardians. No one could kill them.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

8/16 DR/ET/FC

in Match-ups

Tots.3056

I had some friends run what they called an “Immortal Squad.” Party of 5 guardians. No one could kill them.

Yeah, it’s pretty OP. But exactly no damage unless you focus single targets. You don’t get the big spreads you would from other groups compositions but I’ve seen 5 well coordinated guardians take on 30-40 open field and barely get scratched.

Collecting Loot [Bags]
Guild Leader

8/16 DR/ET/FC

in Match-ups

Kcrook.3945

Guardians OP. Nerf PLZ.

I want to see 5 glass D/D eles. Sounds painful…

-Ckrael- THE Guardian
[Bags]
Ebay << What a mistake.

8/16 DR/ET/FC

in Match-ups

Guardians OP means they will get a buff in today’s patch.

Maguuma
#allisvain

8/16 DR/ET/FC

in Match-ups

Kcrook.3945

Read the notes. Oh more wxp? Thanks anet. Amazing. Garbage patch with stupid tooltip updates.

-Ckrael- THE Guardian
[Bags]
Ebay << What a mistake.

8/16 DR/ET/FC

in Match-ups

Tots.3056

Read the notes. Oh more wxp? Thanks anet. Amazing. Garbage patch with stupid tooltip updates.

BUT THE COLORS ARE BRIGHTER MAN!! BRIGHTER!!!!!!!!!!

On a serious note I think the treb mastery presents interesting tactical opportunities seeing as you can now treb supply depots to burn supply on enemy keeps.

However I wonder if this will mess up keep attacks where you could just shotgun treb an outer supply depot to burn supply once you get through the outer gate. Maybe it wasn’t fully thought through.

Collecting Loot [Bags]
Guild Leader

(edited by Tots.3056)

8/16 DR/ET/FC

in Match-ups

Kcrook.3945

Dammit tots you know I dont build those things. I’ve dropped hundreds, but maybe seen 5-10 built lol.

-Ckrael- THE Guardian
[Bags]
Ebay << What a mistake.

8/16 DR/ET/FC

in Match-ups

From what I understand about the patch schedule, the ‘real patch’ comes every other patch. You’ll see more exciting changes in 2 weeks.

Maguuma
#allisvain

8/16 DR/ET/FC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Phantom Hamster.9236

Phantom Hamster.9236

Pretty sure I saw some GWTD attempting this. Bunker phantasm + veil and MI spam = perma stealth and no damage.

Just to be clear, we’ve never done this. Why you’d call us out for something we’ve never done, I’m not sure. Though I guess your pettiness has already been established.

FC: [GWTD] Engi

8/16 DR/ET/FC

in Match-ups

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

^ i think he prolly saw us on reset night or sat, running u, alan, and cris

its not good enough with only 3 mes, null field uptime too low

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

(edited by insanemaniac.2456)

8/16 DR/ET/FC

in Match-ups

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

Well if you are worried about conditions, there’s a way for a Mesmer to cleanse over 12 AoE conditions. Multiplied by 3 = 36 conditions, I think. A similar thing can happen with boon stripping – at least 24 boons removed with 3 mesmers. (Boon stripping, good vs. the 5-guardian group, maybe )

Edit: Never tested this

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

(edited by MethaneGas.8357)

8/16 DR/ET/FC

in Match-ups

mesmers + necros against guardians = gg

Maguuma
#allisvain

8/16 DR/ET/FC

in Match-ups

Tots.3056

Found some golems at spawn, decided to go roaming in them. Saw big shiny Stonemist and hatched a flawless plan.

I’m pretty sure all of the zergs are in the PvE event.

Collecting Loot [Bags]
Guild Leader

8/16 DR/ET/FC

in Match-ups

Darek.1836

Found some golems at spawn, decided to go roaming in them. Saw big shiny Stonemist and hatched a flawless plan.

I’m pretty sure all of the zergs are in the PvE event.

as DR is popping orange swords at mendon in that video lol

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

8/16 DR/ET/FC

in Match-ups

Posted by: irishhaf.1692

irishhaf.1692

Tots you are a sick twisted individual for using that music…

that said funny… especially with the orange swords popped elsewhere.

Deritt ranger lv 80 (Un-retired… liking longbow)
Devona Borders (DB)
Devonas rest.

8/16 DR/ET/FC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

What choice is there? When BS wanted to do some equal numbered fights, aside from a couple guardians, every single person they brought was a condi spam build. When this is what guilds are bringing to fights, there really isn’t much choice.

Sorry you did not enjoy the fights I used to lose all the time the first few weeks I faced people at the windmill duel area also, you get better with practice.

The majority are not condi ‘spam’ as a necro Im the only pure condi person, the mes is hybrid the rest are direct damage or hybrid leaning power. Even you’re a hybrid spec as an ele burning etc…

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

8/16 DR/ET/FC

in Match-ups

dreztina.4820

Sorry you did not enjoy the fights I used to lose all the time the first few weeks I faced people at the windmill duel area also, you get better with practice.

The majority are not condi ‘spam’ as a necro Im the only pure condi person, the mes is hybrid the rest are direct damage or hybrid leaning power. Even you’re a hybrid spec as an ele burning etc…

I can’t even post anything here but ‘lol’.

Maguuma

8/16 DR/ET/FC

in Match-ups

Posted by: matty.4907

matty.4907

Yes, hybrid…. 1200 condi damage hybrids.

Saying all you guys don’t run bunker condition is like saying the new PvE event isn’t taking numbers away from WvW. It’s just completely facetious.

The fun days of glassy builds are over. WvW was so much more fun when people ran glassy, you either wiped the kitten out of a group or you got wiped hard. Bunker condi meta is effectively slowing down combat, the devs thought it was too bursty and that’s exactly what they were trying to do. I liked it bursty but that’s just my opinion. To each his own.

(edited by matty.4907)

8/16 DR/ET/FC

in Match-ups

Xom.9264

I can’t even post anything here but ‘lol’.

Yeah not going to argue builds, you claimed to had never lost 1v1 to an ET player so figured you would be down for some hard fights.

/shrug

(edited by Xom.9264)

8/16 DR/ET/FC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

I got overrun by a thief-trio from Devona’s today, and some crazy condition necro from FC… Then I got stuck fighting Yarr guardians..

So… This was a boring night.

Attachments:

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

(edited by Jeknar.6184)

8/16 DR/ET/FC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jakare.6807

Jakare.6807

Yes, hybrid…. 1200 condi damage hybrids.

Saying all you guys don’t run bunker condition is like saying the new PvE event isn’t taking numbers away from WvW. It’s just completely facetious.

The fun days of glassy builds are over. WvW was so much more fun when people ran glassy, you either wiped the kitten out of a group or you got wiped hard. Bunker condi meta is effectively slowing down combat, the devs thought it was too bursty and that’s exactly what they were trying to do. I liked it bursty but that’s just my opinion. To each his own.

Sorry, are you in this guild? Did you join recently and I didn’t notice? No you kittening didn’t so stop making sweeping statements about an entire guild of players that you haven’t talked to.

Every single character I have runs a direct damage build focused on crit damage, none of them have above 200 condition damage, even my engineer. I beat a dagger pistol thief with two legendaries last time I was on my engineer, running an Hgh elixir build with grenade kit and 0 cond damage.

Úchî/Aulrathil
[TI] Team Ignition (Gandara)

(edited by Jakare.6807)

8/16 DR/ET/FC

in Match-ups

Darek.1836

the only time I’ve seen BS this matchup was a few days back. they run apothecary bomb engi, apothecary warr, and another tanky DD warr shrug

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

8/16 DR/ET/FC

in Match-ups

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

the only time I’ve seen BS this matchup was a few days back. they run apothecary bomb engi, apothecary warr, and another tanky DD warr shrug

Apoth engi mains a guardian.

Apoth warrior mains a guardian.

None of our other warriors are tanky.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

8/16 DR/ET/FC

in Match-ups

dreztina.4820

I fully agree. So many people complained about the pace of the game and TTK, but coming from a looong history of DAoC, I loved it. Skill determined how long fights lasted. Two good players with classes capable of killing each other in a few seconds could fight for minutes. In the power meta in GW2, it was pretty close to that as well. When both players were able to avoid the damage of the other, fights lasted a long time, but a single slipup and the fight could be over instantly.

Now, fights just come down to build most of the time. If you are running a condi, especially condi bunker, it’s a near guaranteed win vs. anyone who isn’t. If it’s two condi bunkers fighting each other, the winner is determined by rock paper scissors balance.

In addition to just slowing everything down, it has taken so much importance away from dodging and knowing your opponent. Condition builds apply conditions constantly. You can dodge every important ability and still have a full bar of conditions the entire fight. And condi bunkers just have so much healing/mitigation that they don’t bother dodging. I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve landed every ability on my bar on a condi bunker just to have them ignore the damage completely and be back to full a few seconds later while putting out consistent damage the entire time.

It’s a sad state of affairs, and I really hope Anet takes steps to correct it.

Maguuma

8/16 DR/ET/FC

in Match-ups

Darek.1836

^they wont. I don’t understand why but they don’t undertand the problem.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

8/16 DR/ET/FC

in Match-ups

Posted by: matty.4907

matty.4907

^they wont. I don’t understand why but they don’t undertand the problem.

They look at lower tiers and see what and what isn’t working. Bunker condi is extremely effective 1v1 to 5v5 or against unorganized mobs.

However once you get numbers about 10-15 and are running proper group complexion, conditions completely vanish. That’s because of the game mechanic, once there’s a 20+v20+ fight conditions can be rendered useless by the aoe condition removal. The blob tactic ran by organized guilds depend on a large core of warriors and guardians, all running full shouts and condition removal on shout. This was done to mitigate cripple and keep everyone together, but it worked so well that all the conditions were removed. There are only 12 conditions, having a ratio of 1.5 guardians to every 5 players effectively removes all of these in a large scale fight as long as the group stays blobbed.

Conditions will never be effective in large scale battles unless shouts are nerfed entirely. They need to start balancing conditions for 1v1 and quit trying to make it impact the lower tiers, because it simply won’t. That’s why they are OP and boring to fight atm.

Bad players are BS, Bunker Spam. Glass is one mistake and you’re done, therefore it has a higher skill cap and that’s hard to argue.

(edited by matty.4907)

8/16 DR/ET/FC

in Match-ups

Darek.1836

so glad many people here aren’t delusional and can see why roaming and doing tpvp has become more and more painful to do.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

8/16 DR/ET/FC

in Match-ups

Posted by: WonderfulCT.6278

WonderfulCT.6278

Now, fights just come down to build most of the time. If you are running a condi, especially condi bunker, it’s a near guaranteed win vs. anyone who isn’t. If it’s two condi bunkers fighting each other, the winner is determined by rock paper scissors balance.

In addition to just slowing everything down, it has taken so much importance away from dodging and knowing your opponent. Condition builds apply conditions constantly. You can dodge every important ability and still have a full bar of conditions the entire fight. And condi bunkers just have so much healing/mitigation that they don’t bother dodging. I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve landed every ability on my bar on a condi bunker just to have them ignore the damage completely and be back to full a few seconds later while putting out consistent damage the entire time.

It’s a sad state of affairs, and I really hope Anet takes steps to correct it.

There is so much sorrow in this post I’m moved to tears. A bunker complaining about other bunkers because he isn’t one of those bunkers and feels he’s “keeping it real”.

What are you asking A-Net to correct? The lack of easily beatable builds, or just to re-shift the game towards power? Are you emplying that bunkers do a lot of damage (they don’t)?

I don’t even lose to condition builds (much) and there are definately still people who run glass cannon builds, power, or at least a hybrid. I rarely even come across full bunkers except that guy in that FC guild I won’t name.

Run with a group of people (probably want at least one guard) and you should be able to take very limited CD.

You have so many choices, stop acting like the game took them all away.

Add more sound effects to The Minstrel plz.

8/16 DR/ET/FC

in Match-ups

There are counters to condi builds. If that is the meta, counter it and laugh. I could tell you how to kill my condi necro or you could spvp for 5 minutes and figure it out.

Maguuma
#allisvain

8/16 DR/ET/FC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

I will agree the builds are very much a rock/paper/scissors scenario AT a certain skill level. Then I believe there is the NEXT level of skill where someone has perfected their build and play-style to be able to counter just about any build.

An experienced PvP player has a strategy how to approach any enemy build 1v1.

But… what works in 1v1 is a different story than group or zerg play where it’s not just about your build but how your team’s builds all synergize with each other.

8/16 DR/ET/FC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

And Great Job this week all my FC brothers and sisters. Even with some of our staple commanders seemingly M.I.A. this week, our server this week is looking as healthy as I can recall ever seeing it.

and DR/ET much respect I haven’t played a match this close this late in the week in… well never.

I have a feeling next week it will be FC + either ET or DR + GoM. If that happens I’m pretty sure we all know what needs to happen >.<

8/16 DR/ET/FC

in Match-ups

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

They look at lower tiers and see what and what isn’t working. Bunker condi is extremely effective 1v1 to 5v5 or against unorganized mobs.

they dont play in low tiers

theyre mostly on t1, jq or sor iirc

it took us 3 months of whining, kittening, moaning, and qqing on the forums to get a bandaid solution to the glicko ghetto. a solution that took a week to implement from its first announcement on the forums (basically until the next patch day).

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

8/16 DR/ET/FC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Newbkakes.4971

Newbkakes.4971

Great battle @ Mill! Thanks for the loot bags

Attachments:

Wipin zergs since 2012
Former Too Kitten [BÆST] leader/founder
[TBT] The Black Tides since ’14

8/16 DR/ET/FC

in Match-ups

Xom.9264

Ahh a DAoC player, I was also.

Adjust to the meta. Countering the condition meta is much easier then the burst die in two seconds meta at the start of the game, but even that had counters.

Im casual with pvp, but rated at 150 in solo queue its higher then someone of my average skill level should be. Got their because of running a counter meta build, zero condition damage.

Build smart and play smart that makes up for reflex and skill gaps an old DAoC gamer like myself faces vs all the youngins….. My advice use your brain as an older gamer, adjust.

What did you expect? Low tiers have some seriously good gamers many better then alot of the top people Im facing on the leader boards in pvp and you did call out the whole ET server with that yet to lose a 1v1 post.

8/16 DR/ET/FC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Don’t jinx us, Solstice. I still want the ET/FC/AR matchup.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

8/16 DR/ET/FC

in Match-ups

dreztina.4820

There is so much sorrow in this post I’m moved to tears. A bunker complaining about other bunkers because he isn’t one of those bunkers and feels he’s “keeping it real”.

What are you asking A-Net to correct? The lack of easily beatable builds, or just to re-shift the game towards power? Are you emplying that bunkers do a lot of damage (they don’t)?

I don’t even lose to condition builds (much) and there are definately still people who run glass cannon builds, power, or at least a hybrid. I rarely even come across full bunkers except that guy in that FC guild I won’t name.

Run with a group of people (probably want at least one guard) and you should be able to take very limited CD.

You have so many choices, stop acting like the game took them all away.

I am not and have never been a bunker. My elementalist’s first set of armor was 6/6 berserker.

Ahh a DAoC player, I was also.

Adjust to the meta. Countering the condition meta is much easier then the burst die in two seconds meta at the start of the game, but even that had counters.

Im casual with pvp, but rated at 150 in solo queue its higher then someone of my average skill level should be. Got their because of running a counter meta build, zero condition damage.

Build smart and play smart that makes up for reflex and skill gaps an old DAoC gamer like myself faces vs all the youngins….. My advice use your brain as an older gamer, adjust.

What did you expect? Low tiers have some seriously good gamers many better then alot of the top people Im facing on the leader boards in pvp and you did call out the whole ET server with that yet to lose a 1v1 post.

I don’t want to adjust to the meta. I don’t enjoy the builds that are strong in it. Complaining is what gets things changed, and while my personal complaints won’t do much, if enough people complain, things may shift back, or at least balance out a bit.

As far as calling ET out, ya, I call out one or both servers every week and have been for a very long time. Hell, when I was on Maguuma I called all the top DR guilds trash too. It adds a storyline to wvw and gets people wanting to tell their groups to stand back and let them fight alone.

Maguuma

8/16 DR/ET/FC

in Match-ups

Xom.9264

I don’t want to adjust to the meta. I don’t enjoy the builds that are strong in it. Complaining is what gets things changed, and while my personal complaints won’t do much, if enough people complain, things may shift back, or at least balance out a bit.

I run a zerker geared power necro build in solo queue, with utility and trait choice to counter the classes and their builds in this meta. Took alot of thought and understanding along with plenty of testing to come up with it.

Wars are ripping apart the condition meta because a top player gave away his counter meta build. The majority of players in a MMO even many of the best fast reflex players just use other peoples builds, I do the same for ideas and starting points. Right now your using a build from months ago, if someone posted a build to own this meta on your class you would use it and love it.

Real talk

(edited by Xom.9264)

8/16 DR/ET/FC

in Match-ups

dreztina.4820

I run a zerker geared power necro build in solo queue, with utility and trait choice to counter the classes and their builds in this meta. Took alot of thought and understanding along with plenty of testing to come up with it.

Wars are ripping apart the condition meta because a top player gave away his counter meta build. The majority of players in a MMO even many of the best fast reflex players just use other peoples builds, I do the same for ideas and starting points. Right now your using a build from months ago, if someone posted a build to own this meta on your class you would use it and love it.

Real talk

I think you are greatly underestimating my stubbornness. I started playing D/D when it was considered a weak novelty build, and I went fairly heavily glassy. Eventually people started to catch on to how strong it was, and the triple cantrip PTV build became hugely fotm. Meanwhile, I got glassier. Then, months and months later, the nerfs started to come. The glass d/d ele’s disappeared. Even the bunkers started to become a rare sight. I stayed glass. Then the condition meta came about. I’m still a glassy d/d.

I play what I enjoy, not what is the strongest. I try to encourage anet to make those two the same, but when they aren’t, I continue.

Also, I sincerely doubt anyone is going to post a D/D build that I don’t know about already (unless it involves conditions, kitten conditions), because, like you apparently do, I spend a ridiculous amount of time finding and fine tuning the builds I run on my various characters.

Maguuma

8/16 DR/ET/FC

in Match-ups

Xom.9264

Yeah, I gotcha. I can understand sticking with a single class. However without condi builds evade/stealth and bunkers would be out of control. I accept wars and others with heavy CC and stability are going to train me and am ok with the tradeoff because i can do things they cant like bust a bunker or evade spammers fast.

Metas might change but one thing remains the same…. guards are a must have for group stability. Every other class is going to have to just deal with rotating in an out of the meta as nerfs and buffs change it. Eles were out of control a few months ago with zero counters at least this meta you can counter. Still anet did nerf D/D a bit to hard.

8/16 DR/ET/FC

in Match-ups

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

Whew… my brain is overworked from being constantly on hyper-mode tonight. Great GvGs with both [Yarr] and [BS]. Very, very fun times. We definitely learned a thing or two from those fights.

Cheers

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

8/16 DR/ET/FC

in Match-ups

Posted by: WonderfulCT.6278

WonderfulCT.6278

Good fights with [OHai] at mill.

Apparently at 2 AM you cross over into the twilight zone or something cause this moment caught me off guard.

Who are you and what do you want?

Edit: Capitalization

Attachments:

Add more sound effects to The Minstrel plz.

(edited by WonderfulCT.6278)

8/16 DR/ET/FC

in Match-ups

Posted by: arKRazor.8654

arKRazor.8654

Good fights with [OHai] at mill.

Apparently at 2 AM you cross over into the twilight zone or something cause this moment caught me off guard.

Who are you and what do you want?

Edit: Capitalization

Imagine if you will, returning to the place you call your home only to find your enemies welcoming you with smiling faces while your friends take up arms against you.

Had a strange episode before the patch hit. Traveled to FCBL to find myself in a spawn listed as Devona’s while my party spawned at Kaineng… yes, Kaineng. I wander over to them to try and sort it out and see that they are red and hostile. No idea how it happened and I doubt it can be reproduced, but it was a fun chance to duel.

Attachments:

Halfpint Sapper – Poorly-traited Asuran Engineer/CatHound/Part-time Warbanner

Devona’s Rest [OHai][GloB]