8/2 Fort Aspenwood/Jade Quarry/Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Robot Chocken.7012

Robot Chocken.7012

That sad moment when you are in bay and your TS goes down and is still down Fun fights on FA BL waiting for TS to come back up

Wok, Master Asura of [QT]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wilco.1458

Wilco.1458

That sad moment when you are in bay and your TS goes down and is still down Fun fights on FA BL waiting for TS to come back up

heheh you think that’s bad? Wok, we had to defend two map queues in Hills lord’s!

http://www.twitch.tv/drwilco
Wilco Tango Foxtrot #lifting #hardwork

in Match-ups

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

This is a serious thread if you dont like you can desist from contributing to the trolling

;____;

Are you sure it wasn’t TC BL?

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Achilles.2197

Achilles.2197

This is a serious thread if you dont like you can desist from contributing to the trolling

;____;

Are you sure it wasn’t TC BL?

you’re such a killjoy ugh

Âchillæs – Jade Quarry – GvG’ing before you knew what it was

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wilco.1458

Wilco.1458

hahahaha somebody’s Garrison lucked out with that crash!

http://www.twitch.tv/drwilco
Wilco Tango Foxtrot #lifting #hardwork

in Match-ups

GuardianOMS.8067

you’re such a killjoy ugh

Way rude, friendo.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Snafu.7412

Snafu.7412

Was fun on Mag BL with the JQ map zerg, then the CL/RAM zerg. Then the skill lag came and it became too atrocious to play.
P.S The VR/DERP crew was less than 30 strong against the SG/pug mega zerg

in Match-ups

Posted by: iAmTheDuke.6201

iAmTheDuke.6201

That skill lag…

in Match-ups

Posted by: kartek.6428

kartek.6428

Last night was the first time I’d hit PYRO (on MagBL), and I was pleasantly surprised to find them fair opponents. They forced us to get off our up-levels after a pair of embarrassing wipes at roughly even numbers, certainly knocked us out of our complacency. Had some good fights with PYRO once we got more serious, you guys definitely run some builds we aren’t used to seeing. I was really looking forward to fighting you more that night so we could learn what you were doing.

Unfortunately I didn’t really get the chance, because they left map an hour or two later once we had some more people on the tag. I understand the frustration at being out-manned, but if you really liked your open field fights like you say you do, you’d man up and adapt, not rage the map. In fact at that time, you had plenty of numbers on map with a TyE+pug blob and PYRO. Attached is screenshot of your forces that night, shortly before PYRO left map allowing us to recap all their kitten.

Anyway, I hope we get the chance to hit PYRO again, and this quiet little-known “D|ERP” guild, whom i havent yet had the chance to fight. See you on the battlefield.

When we hit you at SS you had a full queue zerg, and we ran in with our 25 and died because yolo. I even stayed despite imminent death to duel an HzH mesmer and got rolled over subsequently. This mesmer then claimed it was “SG and a few pugs” in PMs to one of our members and accused us of running. So we combined our group with the Mag Blob, hence the jokes “Just PYRO and a few pugs”. We fought with that amount once on the switchback, then moved maps to take more things. It was not a rage quit. There is no fun in throwing bodies at people in full q vs full q fights of lag tasticness which honestly, we anticipated we would continue winning. Yawn.

As for recapping all the stuff, welp. We can’t be on every map all the time.

You’re referring to me, but yeah, the pugs who jumped in ruined it. I can go to an undisclosed location with you though ooo seksy time

wow did i not lower your massive ego enough

Kyra – Stormbluff Isle – [Agg] – Mesmer

in Match-ups

Achilles.2197

Way rude, friendo.

no it was totes out of love

in Match-ups

Posted by: George Steel.1804

George Steel.1804

I officially give up with this matchup. Absolutely no possibility of solo roaming with enormous zergs of JQ covering every portion of every BL.

This has made me realize how glad I am not to be playing on/against these “t1” megaservers.

/bored -_-

Platinum – Guardian
Technical Strength – Engineer
Dungeon Master – FotM 46

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mance.5640

Mance.5640

Fun fights in Maguuuuuuuuuuuuuma with {Derp} n crew.

SG only runs 15.

All those bags we got crashed the borderland after that hills fight. Crashed the trading outpost and our TS as well. =(

All jokes aside fun fights tonight. After dinner it’s time for MOOOAAAAR BAGS!

Mance Khan – Shadow Gypsies – Jade Quarry
“a friend of death, a brother of luck, and a s.o.b.”
http://youtu.be/wpoQk2OnbJs [SG since ’99]

in Match-ups

Achilles.2197

Last night was the first time I’d hit PYRO (on MagBL), and I was pleasantly surprised to find them fair opponents. They forced us to get off our up-levels after a pair of embarrassing wipes at roughly even numbers, certainly knocked us out of our complacency. Had some good fights with PYRO once we got more serious, you guys definitely run some builds we aren’t used to seeing. I was really looking forward to fighting you more that night so we could learn what you were doing.

Unfortunately I didn’t really get the chance, because they left map an hour or two later once we had some more people on the tag. I understand the frustration at being out-manned, but if you really liked your open field fights like you say you do, you’d man up and adapt, not rage the map. In fact at that time, you had plenty of numbers on map with a TyE+pug blob and PYRO. Attached is screenshot of your forces that night, shortly before PYRO left map allowing us to recap all their kitten.

Anyway, I hope we get the chance to hit PYRO again, and this quiet little-known “D|ERP” guild, whom i havent yet had the chance to fight. See you on the battlefield.

When we hit you at SS you had a full queue zerg, and we ran in with our 25 and died because yolo. I even stayed despite imminent death to duel an HzH mesmer and got rolled over subsequently. This mesmer then claimed it was “SG and a few pugs” in PMs to one of our members and accused us of running. So we combined our group with the Mag Blob, hence the jokes “Just PYRO and a few pugs”. We fought with that amount once on the switchback, then moved maps to take more things. It was not a rage quit. There is no fun in throwing bodies at people in full q vs full q fights of lag tasticness which honestly, we anticipated we would continue winning. Yawn.

As for recapping all the stuff, welp. We can’t be on every map all the time.

You’re referring to me, but yeah, the pugs who jumped in ruined it. I can go to an undisclosed location with you though ooo seksy time

wow did i not lower your massive ego enough

you beat me, several times, yes we know.

kerona said he loses to you too, but see, this has nothing to do with you. he and i just want friendly duels. i don’t think i’m the one flaunting my ego

in Match-ups

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

What? Are you people farming centaurs during oceanic or something?

in Match-ups

GuardianOMS.8067

I officially give up with this matchup. Absolutely no possibility of solo roaming with enormous zergs of JQ covering every portion of every BL.

This has made me realize how glad I am not to be playing on/against these “t1” megaservers.

/bored -_-

I solo roamed on reset night, Saturday, and today. It is very possible. All you need is a little luck and to know how to read a map to tell where the zergs are/aren’t.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lenador.1436

Lenador.1436

Way rude, friendo.

Why wont you share your love with me Q.Q

Cön-Guardian DB
[Con] Supreme Team of Con

in Match-ups

Posted by: George Steel.1804

George Steel.1804

/bored -_-

I solo roamed on reset night, Saturday, and today. It is very possible. All you need is a little luck and to know how to read a map to tell where the zergs are/aren’t.

Maybe you got lucky. Everytime I get into an engagement there is not only JQ camping every piece of siege on every tower/keep but constant reinforcements roll over me.

Don’t worry – these pros often proceed to /laugh as they 5/10v1 me. Whoa .. earned it!

Platinum – Guardian
Technical Strength – Engineer
Dungeon Master – FotM 46

in Match-ups

Mance.5640

We are mostly a PST guild. Only 8pm here in real ’Murica.

in Match-ups

Achilles.2197

Way rude, friendo.

oh c’mere you

in Match-ups

Posted by: Clockradio.3257

Clockradio.3257

I wish all of the organized guilds would just leave T1. I swear, how can you deal with this many terrible players, this much skill lag, and the constant queues?

I mean, is winning really that big of a deal to most people? Because honestly, a server winning is 99% due to coverage, and that’s a very passive thing to hone… at least in open field or lower tiers, what you do as an individual actually matters.

Playing for PPT is pointless. The points will be there whether or not you do anything.

Come to T3-T5 (but not Maguuma). Ask [Agg], they seem to enjoy it. There are actually some quality guilds on servers like YB, Ebay, CD, SoS, etc. If you come down, you’ll get better fights, no queues, less pugs surrounding you and your enemies, and you get to actually make a difference.

Sometimes, [PYRO] is the only offensive force online, and when we take a couple keeps, that’s probably 1/4th of our total PPT for the night. It feels good to actually have something to do with our server’s PPT, and at the same time playing well in open field fights and having fun.

Think about it.

EDIT: I want to reiterate, do not come to Maguuma.

I left Maguuma in search of a server that I could log onto whenever I wanted and play WvW with people. I think a lot of people in T1 are the same, they play multiple time zones and enjoy playing with various people. The lag and queues are definitely worth the trade off for me. As far as terrible players, I’m not sure what you’re using for your criteria but I haven’t had a problem with all that many people.

For me at least, at the end of the day, winning doesn’t matter all that much. I just enjoy the large population. You could compare it to living in NYC (or any super-populated city), yeah there’s a lot of crap, but the convenience is often better than the alternatives.

As for your [AGG] comment, guilds transfer for different reasons. I don’t know the internal politics of AGG, however I can almost guarantee you that a lot of guilds would not “like” the atmosphere in T3-5. It’s not what they’re accustom to, and its not a situation a lot of guilds would like to be in. I’m glad [PYRO] enjoys occasionally being the only organized group in Maguuma WvW, and I hope that they do well, but again, a lot of guilds would not like to be in a situation where the basis of the whole server’s weekly performance based off of how many hours their guild puts in. I understand why some people might enjoy that. I just do not care for it.

Clockradio | [TSYM] | Sanctum of Rall
tsym.enjin.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: neonreaper.4805

neonreaper.4805

I don’t think they care for it, or about that. I can’t speak for them though. I’ve seen a few comments about guilds worrying about that stuff – so what? A while ago, some Lauren from RE was telling us ‘we don’t have the privilege of not putting in 12-16 hour days into WvW’. Anyone who is putting that sort of pressure on themselves deserves the mental anguish that comes with it.

There’s only one person who you are responsible for having fun in this game – his name is Chris and he plays on SoS.

[BE] Pumpkin / Rhinox3 / Reyn Time / Pale
Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Now that’s a statement I can get behind.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in Match-ups

Posted by: iAmTheDuke.6201

iAmTheDuke.6201

Now that’s a statement I can get behind.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lenador.1436

Lenador.1436

I left Maguuma in search of a server that I could log onto whenever I wanted and play WvW with people. I think a lot of people in T1 are the same, they play multiple time zones and enjoy playing with various people. The lag and queues are definitely worth the trade off for me. As far as terrible players, I’m not sure what you’re using for your criteria but I haven’t had a problem with all that many people.

For me at least, at the end of the day, winning doesn’t matter all that much. I just enjoy the large population. You could compare it to living in NYC (or any super-populated city), yeah there’s a lot of crap, but the convenience is often better than the alternatives.

……., a lot of guilds would not like to be in a situation where the basis of the whole server’s weekly performance based off of how many hours their guild puts in. I understand why some people might enjoy that. I just do not care for it.

Clock in and clock out gotcha and no overtime sounds your livin the life ^.^

Way rude, friendo.

oh c’mere you

Just scored how does it feel JQ?

Cön-Guardian DB
[Con] Supreme Team of Con

(edited by Lenador.1436)

in Match-ups

Posted by: x per fection x.2096

x per fection x.2096

When I see someone with something like this “[TSYM] is now accepting new recruits of ALL classes!” in their Sig the first thing I think is bad player(s). So its hard to pay attention to anything you say.

[Ark]Noober

in Match-ups

Posted by: CuddleStrike.8215

CuddleStrike.8215

When I see someone with something like this “[TSYM] is now accepting new recruits of ALL classes!” in their Sig the first thing I think is bad player(s). So its hard to pay attention to anything you say.

That’s a bit harsh dontcha think? Maybe they are selective upon whom they let in but not the class? I must admit, if your class wasn’t accepted but you were awesome at it…. it would be slightly disheartening.

P.s

<3 JQ Misssssss yooooooooooooou! SF <3 GO TO BREAD SHINI!

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

Don’t forget the skritt! There’s a ton of NPCs to go around to the 3 full q’s of SEA players in JQ. I hope they’re up to the increase in difficulty though, it can be easy to become complacent after so many evenings of autoattacking doors and manning siege against solo roamers running past their T3 towers/keeps.

I’d recommend JQ drop some superior ballistas when facing the veterens just to be safe.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

(edited by deathTouch.9706)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dont.6985

Dont.6985

Sure is “My pixels are better than your pixels, etc, etc” in here.

in Match-ups

Mance.5640

Maguuma I like your Garri @@

in Match-ups

deathTouch.9706

Yeah! PPT! Score! Score PPT! PvD! Woo!

V deathTouch V – Warrior
Maguuma

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

I pooped in a corner of it. Which one? You may never know!

in Match-ups

deathTouch.9706

I pooped in a corner of it. Which one? You may never know!

I should have known there was no such thing as a free chocolate eclair….

V deathTouch V – Warrior
Maguuma

in Match-ups

Clockradio.3257

That’s a bit harsh dontcha think? Maybe they are selective upon whom they let in but not the class? I must admit, if your class wasn’t accepted but you were awesome at it…. it would be slightly disheartening.

P.s

<3 JQ Misssssss yooooooooooooou! SF <3 GO TO BREAD SHINI!

Nope, that’s fine. If someone wants to troll, that’s what they’ll do. I’m hardly ashamed to say that TSYM accepts people of all skill levels. We are a training guild. No elitist attitudes here, and if someone like that does join, they usually aren’t around for very long. We play to improve ourselves and our guild. The emphasis is on “all classes” because we DO have role for rangers and engis, where a lot of “hardcore” guilds prefer it if you are not one of those classes.

Didn’t mean to turn this into a propaganda spewing post, but xperfection more or less pushed it that way.

tsym.enjin.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

Who lied about [SF] having good players?

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

Who lied about [SF] having good players?

Sabrina! Hehehehehehe

in Match-ups

Posted by: x per fection x.2096

x per fection x.2096

Still can’t get over how much JQ likes to boast about wiping 30 man’s with their full Q. Anyways here is tonight’s Heavy Train, there was about 30 in mumble so please don’t claim you got beat by a full q JQ. All the extra’s always die first push.

http://youtu.be/26mN8B3BjOY

[Ark]Noober

in Match-ups

Clockradio.3257

Still can’t get over how much JQ likes to boast about wiping 30 man’s with their full Q. Anyways here is tonight’s Heavy Train, there was about 30 in mumble so please don’t claim you got beat by a full q JQ. All the extra’s always die first push.

GG your 30 can take a JQ small ops.

EDIT: tbh, I only watched the first two scenes and that was enough. If you don’t wipe the enemy on a jack in the box, you screwed the pooch hard. Then comes the part at SE camp where there’s 10 jq stacked and wiped in 5 seconds… I figured the rest of the 19 minutes wasn’t worth watching.

tsym.enjin.com

(edited by Clockradio.3257)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

I feel like all future numbers disputes should be handled using the Calimath Constant.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in Match-ups

deathTouch.9706

NOTE: JQ “small ops” consist of 50+ individuals.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
Maguuma

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

EDIT: tbh, I only watched the first two scenes and that was enough. If you don’t wipe the enemy on a jack in the box, you screwed the pooch hard. Then comes the part at SE camp where there’s 10 jq stacked and wiped in 5 seconds… I figured the rest of the 19 minutes wasn’t worth watching.

NOTE: JQ “small ops” consist of 50+ individuals.

It’s like you haven’t even read the rest of the thread!!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Benjamin.6235

Benjamin.6235

Those were small? T1 is a seriously messed up place if you need more than 40 to be considered more than small.

[DERP] – Maguuma

in Match-ups

Clockradio.3257

Those were small? T1 is a seriously messed up place if you need more than 40 to be considered more than small.

If you roll less than 200, stay out of T1.

tsym.enjin.com

in Match-ups

deathTouch.9706

Screenshot of JQ stacking at citadel before embarking on “small ops”:

Attachments:

V deathTouch V – Warrior
Maguuma

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

If you roll less than 200, stay out of T1.

We are out of T1

in Match-ups

Posted by: lollasaurus.1457

lollasaurus.1457

Didn’t know this much whining about a matchup you were never meant to win was possible. Hope MAG gets paired with SoR and BG next week, you’ll love it.

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

Didn’t know this much whining about a matchup you were never meant to win was possible. Hope MAG gets paired with SoR and BG next week, you’ll love it.

I hope so too. Maybe the thread will be even better! Maybe the real T1 servers actually GvG!

in Match-ups

Clockradio.3257

I hope so too. Maybe the thread will be even better! Maybe the real T1 servers actually GvG!

If your guild is EXCLUSIVELY interested in GVG and no other part of WvW, a week of fighting SoR and BG would quite possibly be the best week you could ever have.

tsym.enjin.com

in Match-ups

deathTouch.9706

I think we’d prefer any server that has at least trace amounts of skillful players over JQ at this point.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
Maguuma

(edited by deathTouch.9706)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dont.6985

Dont.6985

I think we’d prefer any server that has at least trace amounts of skillful players over JQ at this point.

JQ would probably say the same.

in Match-ups

Posted by: sabrina as ranger.3125

sabrina as ranger.3125

Lord saiyr of maguuma i am sorry. for this! T__T you get to punish me anyway you like. :/ I have took a long view over my mistakes and i have decided i am an absolute D#b S!t

[PYRO] Maguuma .