8/9: TC/Mag/DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

The gvg scene cannot be ignored anymore! Ignore the hater, haters gonna hate

GvGs are p much the only thing I live for any more. That and 23-page-long threads w/ JQQ.

You’re behind the times.[insert snarky comment relating that to the whole of maguuma] Its 29 pages.

in Match-ups

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

It should be expected that GvG becomes more popular. As ANET removes the PvP aspect of the game with more siege type skills, GvG is the best way to actually fight.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gellor.6497

Gellor.6497

I can’t wait to watch some of these GvGs!

P.S. Last week 4 queued maps for DB, this week 0 queued maps. Feels good to be a gangsta. Can mag come PvM on LA against DB fairweathers?

Bodacious Gellor/Adela Grace/Cherry Poptartz [rB]
www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

GvGs are p much the only thing I live for any more. That and 23-page-long threads w/ JQQ.

You’re behind the times.[insert snarky comment relating that to the whole of maguuma] Its 29 pages.

Edited for posterity.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Atrophied.8725

Atrophied.8725

So… what happens when orbs come back “Sooner than you’d think” and GvGs aren’t balanced any more?

Xandra – 80s in all classes – Ele/Guard mains – [TL] – NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

I gotta say I find TC’s love of PPT to be absolutely mind blowing. I was watching people guard yak’s to the mag keep in EB, five people. That is impressive in a match that is just a zergfest and PPT is about as important as JQ’s view of being a T2 server.

~ AoN ~

in Match-ups

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

I gotta say I find TC’s love of PPT to be absolutely mind blowing. I was watching people guard yak’s to the mag keep in EB, five people. That is impressive in a match that is just a zergfest and PPT is about as important as JQ’s view of being a T2 server.

People on TC roleplay in WvW as tower/keep/camp/dolyak/etc… guards. That’s why there are ALWAYS people in towers/keeps/camps/etc… alerting the zerg if someone strolls by.

I’m not joking at all, either.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

I want to roleplay as the dolyak.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Atrophied.8725

Atrophied.8725

People on TC roleplay in WvW as tower/keep/camp/dolyak/etc… guards. That’s why there are ALWAYS people in towers/keeps/camps/etc… alerting the zerg if someone strolls by.

You should see the in-character reporting of said enemy movements in /map chat. Full paragraphs of carefully parsed and flowing prose. It’s amazing. <3 TC.

Xandra – 80s in all classes – Ele/Guard mains – [TL] – NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: skiazo.4759

skiazo.4759

Maguuma and Dragonbrand GvG guilds should take advantage of this week, it is a very good week to get a lot of GvG’s going. We in Aggresssion [Agg] are pretty jealous of Maguuma, since they get to fight the TC GvG guilds. The last thing PYRO and kitten should worry about it skill lag and zergs, just use that to pick out guilds you are interested in GvG’ing. I am really looking forward to the following:

• [DERP] vs [qT] / [DERP] vs [TSL] / [DERP] vs [NS] / [DERP] vs [EP] / [DERP] vs [CERN] / [DERP] vs [RE]
  • [NS] vs [DERP] | [NS] vs [CERN] | [NS] vs [TSL] | [NS] vs [PYRO] | [NS] vs [RE] | [NS] vs [EP]
  • [PYRO] vs [qT] | [PYRO] vs [CERN] | [PYRO] vs [RE] | [PYRO] vs [NS] | [PYRO] vs [TSL] | [PYRO] vs [FIRE] | [PYRO] vs [rB] | [PYRO] vs [EA]

Those are all of the GvG matches I look forward to watching throughout the week. Hopefully all are willing to participate to test their strength, official or unofficial. I pray that you will do the GvG’s and make the most of your dream matchup. Please give it your all for those of you who are GvG’ing and those of you who aren’t, what are you doing??

I am waiting on the guy that does our gvg’s to check his email :/ Some challenges should be accepted soon.

Armoury Guild leader Zero Negative [ZN]
www.zn-gaming.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: electriette.8952

electriette.8952

You should see the in-character reporting of said enemy movements in /map chat. Full paragraphs of carefully parsed and flowing prose. It’s amazing. <3 TC.

We need examples now 0:

And yaks are also named. Many of them are named Javier.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Thustlewhumber.7416

Thustlewhumber.7416

I will just leave this here for TC.

Attachments:

WvW Necro

in Match-ups

Posted by: CrimsonProject.7980

CrimsonProject.7980

Each omega made with secret sauce and tender love by FIRE, TSR, rB, and friends. <3

PS: Glad to see you Mags again. That thread last week was glorious, 95% of my lurking was in JQ/FA/Mag instead of DB/CD/SoS. Hail to that thread, it was legen-wait for it-DARY.

Attachments:

[TW] Blondie warrior of Tempest Wolves

(edited by CrimsonProject.7980)

in Match-ups

Gellor.6497

Each omega made with secret sauce and tender love by FIRE, TSR, rB, and friends. <3

PS: Glad to see you Mags again. That thread last week was glorious, 95% of my lurking was in JQ/FA/Mag instead of DB/CD/SoS. Hail to that thread, it was legen-wait for it-DARY.

Wait when did I transfer to JQ?? WTFFFFFFFF. Seems we learned something from ATM after all

www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Posted by: Niko.8901

Niko.8901

Did anyone fraps that? I want to see it from an Omega pov. I know trying to contest while 30 + omegas are spinning to win in the LR hurt a lot.

Otto Maggic ~Toasty
(sorry, I don’t give much wxp)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ultra Hades.4691

Ultra Hades.4691

Nice work on that omega rush !

[WL] Kin Bear

in Match-ups

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

So… what happens when orbs come back “Sooner than you’d think” and GvGs aren’t balanced any more?

Looking forward to it – less reasons to play this game.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chewy.9263

Chewy.9263

This was too good not to post… So I’m going to leave this here….

EA ambush!

Love

(edited by Chewy.9263)

in Match-ups

Posted by: skiazo.4759

skiazo.4759

ZN’s reset night enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reEhT79HNGw

Armoury Guild leader Zero Negative [ZN]
www.zn-gaming.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lenador.1436

Lenador.1436

This was too good not to post… So I’m going to leave this here….

EA ambush!

Sun was in our eyes Q.Q

Cön-Guardian DB
[Con] Supreme Team of Con

in Match-ups

Posted by: CuddleStrike.8215

CuddleStrike.8215

……this almost tempts me to come visit tc for a bit. … almost……… would be so epic to read lol

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lenador.1436

Lenador.1436

……this almost tempts me to come visit tc for a bit. … almost……… would be so epic to read lol

get out of here cuddles

Cön-Guardian DB
[Con] Supreme Team of Con

in Match-ups

Halo.8976

Ooooh, drama! That’s more like it!

Please, tell us more about those evil mags and tc – with some reasonable evidences. Tell us their names, show us their faces. This thread needs to know its heroes.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dontcare Aboutnames.9284

Dontcare Aboutnames.9284

Don’t talk down on your own guild I was replying to Niim who obviously is very opinionated on the subject so I would love his input on the “bad” guilds of Maguuma

Shhhhh
No Tears
Just Dreams

in Match-ups

Halo.8976

You never know what those bank guilds are doing while you’re not representing them.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Calvin.5380

Calvin.5380

Don’t talk down on your own guild I was replying to Niim who obviously is very opinionated on the subject so I would love his input on the “bad” guilds of Maguuma

There are no bad guilds on Maguuma. Well, okay PYRO is one. But otherwise, Mags have the best guilds in NA. Fact.

Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Dontcare Aboutnames.9284

[Yumm] just wiped Pyro with about 10 people not sure why they keep running from us though PYRO come back pls!

Shhhhh
No Tears
Just Dreams

in Match-ups

Dontcare Aboutnames.9284

Woo [Yumm] showin up tonight 10 of us made 30 kitten and 30 PYRO run away We want to come in waves over you guys come back!

Shhhhh
No Tears
Just Dreams

in Match-ups

Halo.8976

Please make 8 more posts on behalf your guildmates about this wonderful experience.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Dontcare Aboutnames.9284

NNK wiped hard :/ 15 Omegas 50 NNK come on guys only 10 of us runnin around

Shhhhh
No Tears
Just Dreams

in Match-ups

Dontcare Aboutnames.9284

Please make 8 more posts on behalf your guildmates about this wonderful experience.

2ND POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shhhhh
No Tears
Just Dreams

in Match-ups

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

I think if anyone is able to recognize a bad guild it should be you, so my opinion on the subject would be redundant.

~ AoN ~

in Match-ups

Dontcare Aboutnames.9284

I think if anyone is able to recognize a bad guild it should be you, so my opinion on the subject would be redundant.

This is funny coming from an AoN person though, I distinctly remember wiping 10 of you w/ 5 of us until you ran on sight I thought you like small skirmishes guys!!!

Shhhhh
No Tears
Just Dreams

in Match-ups

Posted by: SquirtyMagoo.8321

SquirtyMagoo.8321

If you guys are actually taking posts from a guild called ‘Sea of Men, [Yumm]’ seriously then maguuma PvF is in a worse spot than I imagined.

That JQQ megathread must have dulled your senses.

in Match-ups

Dontcare Aboutnames.9284

If you guys are actually taking posts from a guild called ‘Sea of Men, [Yumm]’ seriously then maguuma PvF is in a worse spot than I imagined.

Not sure what you mean we are a very legit guild. We’ve been doing nightly guild groups for a while and welcome all challengers!

Shhhhh
No Tears
Just Dreams

in Match-ups

Halo.8976

What is PvF?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ultravalefor.5038

Ultravalefor.5038

<.< i despise TC…..nothing but theif roamers gimme some rangers or guards

hey, I roam ranger for TC every single night. I’m in the fire outfit with all the fire theme weapons. Sexiest sylvari you’ll ever lay eyes on.

when you see me, you’ll know

Phaynel – recently voted the hottest Ranger in GW2 by everyone
married to Railspike the Red Alpha Golem
[PiNK] Toast Forever.

in Match-ups

Posted by: CuddleStrike.8215

CuddleStrike.8215

get out of here cuddles

Look buddy! I’ll do what I want! And if that is to check on this thread.. then so be it! :P

Go back to trolling others….. or! Make an awesome score update! Kgo! (Mos doesn’t count, so don’t link me to it)

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: SquirtyMagoo.8321

SquirtyMagoo.8321

Not sure what you mean we are a very legit guild. We’ve been doing nightly guild groups for a while and welcome all challengers!

I’m aware you are an actual guild. But doesn’t your guild name tell them everything they need to know xDxD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Greens Daily Ritual.9025

Greens Daily Ritual.9025

Tensions must be running high in DB. For simply proposing an alternative tactic, the entire DB TS server got really bent out of shape and proceeded to call me very bad names QQ. Then I got banned from the TS server. Really classy when I’ve never had a mic attached and just listened in to commanders, helping out where needed. If this is the type of communication and treatment DB players are going to get, we need HELP. Maybe I’ll just take the week off and let the guys that think they’re hard get facerolled. I’ll still run my little solo camp/sentry caps, as usual. Gotta get that WXP! LOL!

Leader – Swords of the Immortals [SOTI]
Greens Mystic – Mesmer | Google Deez – Ranger
Dragonbrand since day 1

in Match-ups

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

Tensions must be running high in DB. For simply proposing an alternative tactic, the entire DB TS server got really bent out of shape and proceeded to call me very bad names QQ. Then I got banned from the TS server. Really classy when I’ve never had a mic attached and just listened in to commanders, helping out where needed. If this is the type of communication and treatment DB players are going to get, we need HELP. Maybe I’ll just take the week off and let the guys that think they’re hard get facerolled. I’ll still run my little solo camp/sentry caps, as usual. Gotta get that WXP! LOL!

It’s part of the game, not part of the server. Commanders have it rough, and are subject to critique when things go wrong. It gives some of them complexes, a heighted sense of importance and superiority. The really good commanders will ignore you. On the other hand the really good commanders probably have a much better grasp of good tactics and strategy, and don’t need the “help”.

But don’t kid yourself. Ten to one odds you were being obnoxious, and not just “simply proposing”.

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

in Match-ups

Posted by: JaNordy.6149

JaNordy.6149

At least you didnt get banned for laying down light fields in static fields.

in Match-ups

Greens Daily Ritual.9025

It’s part of the game, not part of the server. Commanders have it rough, and are subject to critique when things go wrong. It gives some of them complexes, a heighted sense of importance and superiority. The really good commanders will ignore you. On the other hand the really good commanders probably have a much better grasp of good tactics and strategy, and don’t need the “help”.

But don’t kid yourself. Ten to one odds you were being obnoxious, and not just “simply proposing”.

The one pitching a fit wasn’t even a commander, didn’t even have a guild tag. He just happened to be in TS and rallied his online TS chat buddies. Anything out of the norm of tactics is met with great opposition, even if it’s a good idea. I logged out of the character I was on and came back with my main just to get this guy to shut up, but he immediately started PMing me. I beat the odds on this one, but I am nonetheless disappointed in my server mates with their actions. But you are definitely right about some commanders having superiority complexes. I just avoid those and run with the ones that are more respectful of the forces they’re commanding. No one wants to hear commanders telling people they’re stupid, ect. I’m no stranger to WvW, been here on Db from day 1 and started playing wvw on day 2. Pretty sure I know tactics as well as any commander on DB. Prior to DB getting the community TS server, my guild frequently fielded multiple strike force teams coordinated on our own TS server which I paid for personally. Prior to getting our own TS server, I text chat commanded 3 teams at the same time. Good commanders won’t get “tunnel vision” and can effectively “think outside the box”. But when you get one guy in chat starting an argument because of their inferior personality, they trigger a zerg effect where everyone else just wants to pile on.

Dragonbrand since day 1

(edited by Greens Daily Ritual.9025)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Niko.8901

Niko.8901

It was nice while it lasted. (^_~)

Attachments:

Otto Maggic ~Toasty
(sorry, I don’t give much wxp)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bleau.2469

Bleau.2469

Anyone from db/mag interested in a gvg during na prime (9pm est ish). We are new to the gvg scene. We have been getting organized these past few weeks and would be interested in trying things out. (For some reason the gw2gvg site still hasn’t registered us).

Whisper me in-game or send me some mail if I am not on. Hope someone responds :S

in Match-ups

Posted by: yesfourme.8906

yesfourme.8906

For the second day in a row, I, some fellow DB and some TC were reduced at emotes (i.e. dancing) near each other as there is nothing else to do:

We cannot win, and TC were bored too. Killing each other for 10 worthless points is meaningless. Mind you, this is only the 3rd day. Going to be a long week…

Attachments:

(edited by yesfourme.8906)

in Match-ups

Greens Daily Ritual.9025

At least you didnt get banned for laying down light fields in static fields.

R U Serious??

Dragonbrand since day 1

in Match-ups

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

Woo [Yumm] showin up tonight 10 of us made 30 kitten and 30 PYRO run away We want to come in waves over you guys come back!

Wat? We didn’t raid tonight… there were at most 5 [PYRO] at any given place in WvW tonight.

Is [Yumm] delusional..?

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

Is [Yumm] delusional..?

Nah, 5 of them definitely wiped 10 AoN. Totally believable!

[AoN] All or Nothing

in Match-ups

Gellor.6497

The entire TS? Holy kitten, I was on last night in a private channel and even I heard and I was so kitten ed off, god what a stupid idea to do…………..

www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart