9/13 Maguuma vs Ehmry Bay vs Sea of Sorrows

in Match-ups

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

You’re going to end up back in t2 matches with skill lag spamming 1. Congrats, bro.
It’s unfortunate that Mag doesn’t get to face-off vs T1 and T2 servers without being dwarfed in numbers across all timezones. There are some really good guilds and players that we just never get to see on a lag-free setting. We definitely want to, though.

From memory, FA, and Ebay have had the best roamer/guilds. But there’s probably some other servers and guilds from lower tiers that I can’t recall right now that others have enjoyed fighting. Some probably swapped servers by now.

I don’t remember when we last fought SoS, but you have some of the worst mesmers and thieves I’ve ever seen. And that’s from the perspective of an ele roamer. I barely ever post in match-up threads, but today I just felt like talking about stuff while no one was on.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in Match-ups

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Yeah. Sos is trying to camp NN with 3 stacks of buttlust while outmanning us. No one is going to fight you. That’s why most people left. Also, I heard you had like a billion vs outmanned an hour ago.

They had a full que, we had 4 people, Me, Mord, Mfer and some dood on an uplevel, Alamo up in this kitten. W/E the match is decided, it’s friday. It’s lion guild, they pile on people coming through the portal 4 to 1 because they dont have enough individual skill to beat even numbers.

You geniuses do the same thing to our early NA/afternoon. Karma trains happen because it’s easier/more rewarding. How many times did you see SoS come on here and complain about losing t3 keeps; especially to the Ram bug when patch hit? None. Grow some balls and move on. Complaining about being outmanned at certain time of day is getting old. Stop being a kitten. Outside of Ark/VR/PYRO I haven’t seen any organized play from other guilds this week. Good luck in your draw next week.

ya calling us the unemployment server totally wasn’t talking about that

I agree. That was totally uncalled for. Maguuma is much more like a college-students-who-are-neglecting-their-classes kind of server. >;-

So that makes SoS what? shut-ins afraid of the daystar so they sleep all day and play gw2 from sunset to sunrise?

Potential bloodsucker activity is a distinct possibility.

Sam = Ehmry Bay
Frog Brothers = Maguuma
Santa Carla = Sea of Sorrows

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tetra Bug.7134

Tetra Bug.7134

EBay is being held back by Cookies feeding other servers stacks

Ur Kel – Warrior
AR → EB → DB → Maguuma
Arkham – [Ark]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

EBay is being held back by Cookies feeding other servers stacks

Should be feeding other servers COOKIES! :P

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

It’s friday and you’re had all the upgrades done in eternal except the wp, so we reset it for you. Get wrecked. Mag 1:Try-hards 0.

cool story Bro!

Spam more uninformed opinions. Still waiting to see when/how you got #1?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xabu.3754

Xabu.3754

I’m having a hard time believing Leafy dies, ever.

edit: I CHANNEL ROCK AND SOIL

Sent with love from the lush Maguuma jungle.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

So out of random curiosity, why does anyone play on SoS? Seems like such a lopsided server. Big off hour population, small NA population. I could see playing NA there because you would always be in a target rich environment, but I haven’t encountered many on SoS that really seem like the type to appreciate that situation.

The server doesn’t have the population to be competitive at higher tiers, and they have this huge off hour population that never fights anyone because no one in these tiers has much of an off hour population.

Seems incredibly boring for the off hour folks.

~ AoN ~

in Match-ups

Posted by: Atiar.5469

Atiar.5469

So out of random curiosity, why does anyone play on SoS? Seems like such a lopsided server. Big off hour population, small NA population. I could see playing NA there because you would always be in a target rich environment, but I haven’t encountered many on SoS that really seem like the type to appreciate that situation.

The server doesn’t have the population to be competitive at higher tiers, and they have this huge off hour population that never fights anyone because no one in these tiers has much of an off hour population.

So USA is real time and the rest of the world is grouped into “off hour” ?

….

in Match-ups

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

….

this is a NA server. so yes.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

Last week we fought Sanctum of Rall and Tarnished Coast, the week before we fought Dragonbrand and Ehmry Bay. Sea of Sorrows is the unofficial oceanic server, we have the largest oceanic playerbase in the game (by alot!). Leagues are coming there is more of a chance of us fighting a stronger server and having a challenge then there is for BG,SOR,JQ. Does that answer all your questions?

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

in Match-ups

Le Rooster.8715

….

Are there any Australian servers?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Actinotus.6410

Actinotus.6410

Most weeks we have had one or more of SoR/TC/FA/DB in the matchup, all of whom have reasonable numbers of people playing through oceanic time. So we have had more people to fight against compared to this week.

And your off hour is my prime time

Sea of Sorrows

in Match-ups

wads.5730

….

no, that’s why any time zone other than NA time zones on NA servers are considered “off hour”.

in Match-ups

Actinotus.6410

….

no, that’s why any time zone other than NA time zones on NA servers are considered “off hour”.

Considered by whom? Not by Australians, New Zealanders, Fijians, Japanese, Singaporeans…

Sea of Sorrows

in Match-ups

wads.5730

….

Considered by whom? Not by Australians, New Zealanders, Fijians, Japanese, Singaporeans…

that makes no sense. if i played on a euro server, i would not consider my own time zone prime time. i would realize that the times when i’d be playing would be off hours of the server time.

how hard is that to understand?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Elcron.1208

Elcron.1208

….

that makes no sense. if i played on a euro server, i would not consider my own time zone prime time. i would realize that the times when i’d be playing would be off hours of the server time.

I would’ve thought prime time is determined by the time zone of which the server has the largest amounts of players active, making SoS prime time different from maguuma or ebays.

El Kharnno – Elementalist – Commander
Myrmidon Elite [ME]
Seraphim Martyrs [BURN] – Maguuma

in Match-ups

Atiar.5469

Reads suspiciously like " ‘merica time, kitten yeah! Other time zones are only allowed to have small numbers. All zergs must be n. Americans ! why you don’t play in NA time? Other times are boring."

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

To sidestep Wads’s ethno-centric ramblings and answer the original question:

Because we like a challenge. Because we get better by facing superior numbers. You have any idea how many large Maguuma and Ehmry Bay zergs we crushed this week. How many skirmishes we won while outnumbered?

Anybody can karma train up when they have the numbers on their side, but it takes true grit to fight with your backs against the wall 80% of the time.

in Match-ups

Actinotus.6410

….

I have the clock in GW2 set to local time so don’t even know what server time is as it is entirely irrelevant to me and how I play the game.

I just checked it though and it is set to US west coast time? NA has about five time zones I believe? It is 3:19 PM in Anchorage, and 7:19 PM in New York. Sydney it s 9:19AM in the morning (nice day outside too). So really those playing east coast NA are as much non-prime-time people as they are “off-hour”?

Sea of Sorrows

in Match-ups

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

Because we like a challenge. Because we get better by facing superior numbers. You have any idea how many large Maguuma and Ehmry Bay zergs we crushed this week. How many skirmishes we won while outnumbered?

No, we don’t. Because you can’t prove it and we all know the majority of players are terrible at counting. People also have the wonderful habit of hyping themselves either by underestimating or overestimating either side’s numbers, on purpose, or otherwise.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in Match-ups

wads.5730

….

I have the clock in GW2 set to local time so don’t even know what server time is as it is entirely irrelevant to me and how I play the game.

I just checked it though and it is set to US west coast time? NA has about five time zones I believe? It is 3:19 PM in Anchorage, and 7:19 PM in New York. Sydney it s 9:19AM in the morning (nice day outside too). So really those playing east coast NA are as much non-prime-time people as they are “off-hour”?

the term prime time (ie. prime time television) usually refers to the time period between late afternoon to late evening. so 3pm to midnight or so. how is 7:19 pm not considered prime time?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tietus.8013

Tietus.8013

To sidestep Wads’s ethno-centric ramblings and answer the original question:

Anybody can karma train up when they have the numbers on their side, but it takes true grit to fight with your backs against the wall 80% of the time.

Then you’d probably enjoy transferring to Mags. Outside NA prime, it’s a surprise when we’re NOT outmanned.

I must have missed all those fights where you crushed the Mag and EBay zergs, but I know in most of the fights I had against large SOS groups this week, you guys made me look good (and that is saying something!).

[VR] Tietus
Maguuma

in Match-ups

Atiar.5469

….

the term prime time (ie. prime time television) usually refers to the time period between late afternoon to late evening. so 3pm to midnight or so. how is 7:19 pm not considered prime time?

According to your definition of prime time based of TV, prime time is actually 2 hrs only, between 8pm an 10pm
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Dayparts.png

As for when afternoon and evening is, this may help
http://www.learnersdictionary.com/blog.php?action=ViewBlogArticle&ba_id=339

I have never heard of 12 midnight referred to as afternoon.

Therefore many timezones in NA are not prime time.

in Match-ups

Posted by: StealthSnake.9134

StealthSnake.9134

Hooray, more arguments about pointless stuff~

Stealth Snake – Necro
Maguuma~ : 3

in Match-ups

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

You guys realize that prime time refers to the highest player concurrency, right? Among all… three… servers… And if you’re wondering, yes, this is NA evenings for every server in NA. Shocker!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

Moar coverage arguments! I haven’t seen Coverage Wars since I was on and/or fighting Dragonbrand, lol

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

in Match-ups

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I would like to congratulate Maguuma for our victory this week… in the skill category!

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Match-ups

Atiar.5469

You guys realize that prime time refers to the highest player concurrency, right? Among all… three… servers… And if you’re wondering, yes, this is NA evenings for every server in NA. Shocker!

You’re saying SoS has the highest wvw player concurrency in NA timezone? You must be right!

in Match-ups

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

You’re saying SoS has the highest wvw player concurrency in NA timezone? You must be right!

No, I’m saying prime time is when highest player concurrency takes place, that is NA evening for every match up in NA.

in Match-ups

wads.5730

….

According to your definition of prime time based of TV, prime time is actually 2 hrs only, between 8pm an 10pm

midnight is late evening. read next time.

in Match-ups

Atiar.5469

….

midnight is late evening. read next time.

My bad. Even so, midnight is night , not late evening.

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

You guys were too funny, trying to find someway to invalidate our victory. You lost, GL next time.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Yeah, learn from SoS’s victory. Maybe you’ll do better next week!

in Match-ups

katniss.6735

Looks like they’re losing to rank 11 and 12 servers right now.

LOL

Sea of Sorrows 5153
Borlis Pass 8360
Crystal Desert 7794

twitch.tv/mlgw2

in Match-ups

Le Rooster.8715

LOL

Sea of Sorrows 5153
Borlis Pass 8360
Crystal Desert 7794

i’ll night cap yo kitten

in Match-ups

katniss.6735

You guys were too funny, trying to find someway to invalidate our victory. You lost, GL next time.

Actually Maguuma did win this week, because if you make points for 8 hours during which time the other teams have no players online, you aren’t pvping at all. It’s anet that doesn’t do anything to fix this scenario, and really, I don’t know what they can do to fix it.

It’s try-hard to suggest that PPT determines who won a match. Everyone who does zerg vs zerg has a say in who won. In a balance scale, if you matched up performance verses a similar numbers, and 1 BL stack per server, then SoS would be dead last, because your skill level is poor. I will give you that you wiped karma train zergs, but they do not have the same training as some of the other commanders who have been playing open-field/choke-point combat as their main source of entertainment. Me, personally, I do a bit of everything. I like when we have at least 20 players online to flip stuff, because I like all the WXP abilities. I have a far superior WXP rank than most of the enemies I’ve seen from every single matchup since WXP came out. Our karma train commander has everything maxed out but his last point in supply capacity. You guys have uplevels, and zerkers hiding in blobs with no ranks, no skill, no competitive edge, no desire to see past PPT.

twitch.tv/mlgw2

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dr Acula.3496

Dr Acula.3496

LOL

Sea of Sorrows 5153
Borlis Pass 8360
Crystal Desert 7794

i’ll night cap yo kitten

Go on…..

Depressed Unicorns – Necro [Agg]

in Match-ups

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

don’t worry bros sos might be losing right now but they’re still crushing all the zergs. all the zergs.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dr Acula.3496

Dr Acula.3496

don’t worry bros sos might be losing right now but they’re still crushing all the zergs. all the zergs.

ALL OF THEM!?!?! <(‘.’)>

Depressed Unicorns – Necro [Agg]