9/20: BG/JQ/TC Round II

in Match-ups

Posted by: zach.1952

zach.1952

Q:

Let’s try this again. Keep it clean folks!

As per the last thread:

Level 80: ElementalistWarriorThiefGuardianMesmer
Jade Quarry – NA

(edited by zach.1952)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

A:

Weekly Tarnished Coast Dolyak Parade
Yes that time of the week is very near! That glorious time when players of all races come to celebrate the dolyaks and their selfless sacrifices for us! This week will be interesting with the new borderlands look! I know both JQ and BG LOVE us TC dolyaks, so I have high hopes that there will be so many dolyaks in the Borderlands we cause a dolyocalypse!

For those who do not know, the Dolyak parade is a time where we get together and just have fun, and of course, parade around as dolyaks around the borderlands! Of course, you do not have to be a dolyak if you do not wish to be. In the past, everything from griffons to snowmen to elementals have flocked to our parade. So come out and celebrate the dolyaks, who sacrifice much for our endless war!

Information

• Where: WvW borderlands. The exact one will be chosen ~1 hr beforehand
  • When: Thursday (9/27) at 7 PM Server Time
  • Who: Anyone is willing to participate! If you come and need a tonic, just ask a friendly DOLY representative and we can give you some to join in!
  • How: If you choose to become a dolyak, there are 2 ways: a Ruminant Tonic, and a Dolyak Tincture (feel free to wiki these). Of course any other kind of tonic is welcome, or even none at all if you just want to run along!

If anyone has any questions, comments, concerns, or good dolyak jokes, feel free to send me a message!

PS: Any guild leaders/commanders that are going to have GvG’s on that day and around that time, let me know! I try to plan the parade around GvG’s as best as possible, to avoid meeting up at the same place, or the parade running through a GvG on accident. (I won’t divulge when/where the GvGs are to anyone else, I just want to try to make sure there are no cross-event mishaps!)

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sari.1247

Sari.1247

So about MERC

[TKG] Sari
JQQ stacked in the TKG Timezone

(edited by Moderator)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Virtual popcorn being sold at 1G a pop. Proceeds will go to the “dry your tears, Sweet Prince” fund for Blackgate survivors.

in Match-ups

Posted by: The Ajax.4967

The Ajax.4967

New pvF goal people! How many threads can we get locked in one week while talking about very real things happening in the game effecting us all. Gg anet there was no need

On a side not <3 bg hope u guys stay strong. T1 isn’t T1 without you guys.

Evin Arris

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wothan.4673

Wothan.4673

Some nice fight vs HB and RK, thx

Nahtow – [SR] Soul Reapers
Jade Quarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

For the record, How many golems exactly was in that attempt on BG bay last night?

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

For the record, How many golems exactly was in that attempt on BG bay last night?

I’m interested as well. It was certainly double digits, and they were all Omegas. Plus two either got out or were left over as they were used on south Hills a bit later as a distraction. Whatever the number, they died honorably.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kiltor.9362

Kiltor.9362

we are working hard to improve our play style!

Kiltor – [Retribution] –

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kiltor.9362

Kiltor.9362

We are training to come back stronger!

Kiltor – [Retribution] –

in Match-ups

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

T1 must die o_o

Isle Of Janthir

in Match-ups

Posted by: grabemx.9836

grabemx.9836

T1 must die o_o

Get on and do WvW slacker! Stop forums stalking lol

Grabemx – Worst Necro NA
[SIC] – Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Smokee.1754

Smokee.1754

Some nice fight vs HB and RK, thx

Likewise! We got caught by surprise the first time we came up against you guys. Not used to seeing a 15 man group run that coordinated from JQ in EU time.

Are you guys new transfers or? Anyways welcome to JQ and to NA servers if you are.
Its great to see fights like this happen in EU time here. I hope that you wont jump on the tagged map zerg karma train party that sometimes occur.

Feel free to add me and I´ll let you know where we are when we are running. Its usually only 1-2 times a week, but you´ll be seeing alot more to RK.

[HB] Herfolge Boldklub – Competitive online gaming since 2001
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLY5l_0BX0TrarJeOLpDXAFTLtiCkygRtC
Nominated “Internet tough guy” 2013 by Tarkus

in Match-ups

Banzie.5248

T1 must die o_o

Get on and do WvW slacker! Stop forums stalking lol

I’m at uni. In between classes k! 3 hours til I’m home

Isle Of Janthir

in Match-ups

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

T1 must die o_o

I’m Sigfreid=

What why would you want kitten die, seriously it’s like the best and all the serious WvW’ers come here to WvW. If you don’t want to fight t1 servers don’t come here omg

why is t1 getting censored LOL

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

in Match-ups

Banzie.5248

T1 must die o_o

I’m Sigfreid=

What why would you want kitten die, seriously it’s like the best and all the serious WvW’ers come here to WvW. If you don’t want to fight t1 servers don’t come here omg

No love for organized groups low tiers. Try all make a new bandwagon or Go T1. And it’s no fun. Jk idc if t1 dies or not ill always stay low tier, was just jokin around

Isle Of Janthir

in Match-ups

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

T1 must die o_o

I’m Sigfreid=

No love for organized groups low tiers. Try all make a new bandwagon or Go T1. And it’s no fun. Jk idc if t1 dies or not ill always stay low tier, was just jokin around

lol so was i, i was imitating a long standing pvf rival of mine.

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

in Match-ups

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

@ Dred

You know the reason that all servers lower than T1 don’t provide the action you want? Because everyone keeps flocking to T1. This coverage arms-race is moronic and those who complain about lower tiers being too sparse are themselves to blame.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in Match-ups

Banzie.5248

T1 must die o_o

I’m Sigfreid=

lol so was i, i was imitating a long standing pvf rival of mine.

Wouldn’t you agree we need To get AP for PvF and rank for it?

Isle Of Janthir

in Match-ups

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

mag once had 6 locked threads in one week
get on our level to be quite honest

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

Hey, the T1 guys aren’t dancing for us right now!
Guess we got to wait until after the nighttime hours and BG posts more about how they are fine without MERC while their PPT tanks.

in Match-ups

Banzie.5248

Hey, the T1 guys aren’t dancing for us right now!
Guess we got to wait until after the nighttime hours and BG posts more about how they are fine without MERC while their PPT tanks.

But didn’t you read already? They’re fine and JQ still can’t reach their ppt. Moar flame wars 2 pls t1

Isle Of Janthir

in Match-ups

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Heard dem doors and guards put up a good fight last night JQ.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in Match-ups

Posted by: keelhaul.8039

keelhaul.8039

Heard dem doors and guards put up a good fight last night JQ.

Hey a bad paper cut CAN draw blood.

[OnS] Carpal Tunnel – Ele
[OnS] C A R P A L – Norn Guardian Commander

in Match-ups

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

Anyone with eyes could see that this was going to happen to BG’s OCX/SEA from a mile away.

Moral of the story: Overtime isn’t sustainable. Doing inhumane things for ppt is silly.

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

20k points behind 12 hours ago, now less than 10k. If tonight goes like last night JQ will tie it up in ~14 more hours and then it’s all over.

in Match-ups

Posted by: JaredKincade.9761

JaredKincade.9761

Anyone with eyes could see that this was going to happen to BG’s OCX/SEA from a mile away.

Moral of the story: Overtime isn’t sustainable. Doing inhumane things for ppt is silly.

If this were the case, they would have left weeks ago, not right before League play, which overtime play would have been sustainable.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Esqi.8496

Esqi.8496

To be fair, TKG had some fun fights last night.

Our timezone is gone

[TKG] Flake

in Match-ups

pot.6805

Our timezone is gone

TKG moved to “balance the tier” right?

BeeGee
Beast mode

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

(oops deleted instead of edited)
Got my first offer, LOL!! ♥

Attachments:

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

(edited by Evalana.5480)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Reslinal.2359

Reslinal.2359

Our timezone is gone

To be fair, it was not their fault, heh. I am sure they did not expect this to happen:) Anyway, I am sure BG will stay strong, go beastgate!

Blackgate Engineer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

If this were the case, they would have left weeks ago, not right before League play, which overtime play would have been sustainable.

Or maybe it’s because they knew OT wasn’t going to work anymore with JQ’s now massive, pre MERC transfer SEA force, and thus gave into the pressure.

It’s not hard logic. Happy guilds = Happy server
BG obviously needs to evaluate some things.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zhrek.9781

Zhrek.9781

Does this mean BG, hates JQ more than SoR now?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

LMAO … <3

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kimhyuna.1035

Kimhyuna.1035

This is why SoR is going to be a third wheel now. At least we wont be double teamed in Oceanic and Sea time anymore.

Minion

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

Not likely lol. The BG/SoR rivalry goes pretty deep.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

pot.6805

Our timezone is gone

To be fair, it was not their fault, heh. I am sure they did not expect this to happen:) Anyway, I am sure BG will stay strong, go beastgate!

Yeah, sucks for them if they moved for balance.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in Match-ups

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

Silly Tarkuses!

Attachments:

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tierlis.5614

Tierlis.5614

Sorry this move has upset so many. This move was about the guild, not the server. As the guild did not want to step down servers that leaves 2 choices, because t2 and under does not provide the action the guild wants. Assumptions, flaming, accusations while making for interesting reading, does not help or change anything. It’s a game play it like one, to have fun. My best wishes to BG. Dred.

Could you please explain this? From what I have read, seen, and heard, a majority of MERC stayed on BG. If so, how is this a move “about the guild”?

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

Sorry this move has upset so many. This move was about the guild, not the server. As the guild did not want to step down servers that leaves 2 choices, because t2 and under does not provide the action the guild wants. Assumptions, flaming, accusations while making for interesting reading, does not help or change anything. It’s a game play it like one, to have fun. My best wishes to BG. Dred.

Could you please explain this? From what I have read, seen, and heard, a majority of MERC stayed on BG. If so, how is this a move “about the guild”?

It’s gone from a few, to 40%, now a plurality.
In four more hours it’ll be “5 guys from MERC left”.

Is it REALLY that surprising that a guild called MERC, would act in a mercenary fashion?

Is it really surprising, in a tier full of bandwagoners, that some guilds would bandwagon to make a strong server even stronger, and making their lives easier and possibly enriching themselves in the process?

I guess it must be from being in the T1 bubble, but to the rest of WvW the only question left is “why did it take this long?”

A server becomes number one, a guild quits or a guild transfers from one to the other, or new blood comes in droves;
Tier 1 is not static and someone is always going to get done over roughly. It’s BG’s turn, and I think SoR is next; the JQ is going to give us the most spectacular explosion ever at some point after that.

It’s inevitable, it’s WvW as it exists.

in Match-ups

Posted by: globe.7238

globe.7238

Thought you’d get a laugh, it was a very lucrative offer I thought

Imminent Demise » [iD] « Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

Thought you’d get a laugh, it was a very lucrative offer I thought

Hehe I loved it! It was definitely a nice offer! Almost as much as Saiyr gave me to come to Mag

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wothan.4673

Wothan.4673

Smokee

Are you guys new transfers or? Anyways welcome to JQ and to NA servers if you are.
Its great to see fights like this happen in EU time here. I hope that you wont jump on the tagged map zerg karma train party that sometimes occur.

Yes, we are on JQ since few days ( more drama inc !! )
We come from Jade Sea and we play on SEA/EU prime.

Don’t worries about seeing us on the tagged map zerg ( expect for def keep like hills. ), event if it’s the case we don’t play with the zerg. Playing in EU prime time in NA can allow us to switch map without queue so you will cross us everytime like today

JQ seems to have a better EU coverage, but BG have some skilled guild in our prime, so it’s nice to fight them.

Nahtow – [SR] Soul Reapers
Jade Quarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mance.5640

Mance.5640

Meanwhile in the real world while BG pugs complain that they may not out number JQ 2v1 in 3 out of 4 time zones anymore…

http://blackgatewvw.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1405-bg-arms-race-fundraiser/

Find ONE post like this from JQ rofl.

JQ’s new motto “Quality over Quantity” #getgood (trademark- some NS guy.)

ALSO [SG] is recruiting PvF warriors from #magswag to bolster our forum coverage, you can remain on #magswag of course.

You can make any forum post about JQ being better than BG or SoR in skills etc etc(in #magswag fashion), at the end you have to say SHADOW GYPSIES RULE or something lame like that. At the end of the week send me your forum post tally, I will review your work and [SG] will send you 1sp per post as payment.

Mance Khan – Shadow Gypsies – Jade Quarry
“a friend of death, a brother of luck, and a s.o.b.”
http://youtu.be/wpoQk2OnbJs [SG since ’99]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Faithless.3519

Faithless.3519

Meanwhile in the real world while BG pugs complain that they may not out number JQ 2v1 in 3 out of 4 time zones anymore…

ALSO [SG] is recruiting PvF warriors from #magswag to bolster our forum coverage, you can remain on #magswag of course.

You can make any forum post about JQ being better than BG or SoR in skills etc etc(in #magswag fashion), at the end you have to say SHADOW GYPSIES RULE or something lame like that. At the end of the week send me your forum post tally, I will review your work and [SG] will send you 1sp per post as payment.

You got it wrong man, its #GetGud

[NS]Faithless Envy /#27NA necro [NS]Leanne Demonsired
Night Shift
18/f/Cali

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dredrum.2563

Dredrum.2563

It was a move about the guild, because our active commanders needed more support for our guilds playtime. A number of mercs were nearing burning out night after night covering multiple timezones. Basically from Sea all the way to EU time slots. This moves allows those who stayed with merc and transfered to carry less weight and focus more on our guilds core and our enjoyment factor. I can tell you being a merc has meant you carried a lot of weight.

It was becoming a growing concern when more mercs were scouting for the guild then following the commanders. While very often the many of the rest of BG would follow a merc commander, because at our timeslot of play we were very often the only Tag on all 4 maps. With that said, yes some players moved some didn’t, everyone was allowed there own choice in this matter. No hard feelings. Dred.

in Match-ups

Posted by: burningoat.7052

burningoat.7052

Good Sir, the trademark you are referring to is “#GetGud” please do not make this mistake again

[Rekz] #GetGud #GetDumpstered

Kalkz-“You threw enough siege on my dead body to take BP into tier 1”

(edited by burningoat.7052)

in Match-ups

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

how much are you paying for the #magswag PvF transfer

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

in Match-ups

Posted by: dabomb.4056

dabomb.4056

Good Sir, the trademark you are referring to is “#GetGud” please do not make this mistake again

You can personalized it yourself too by adding the year behind
eg. #GetGud2013

Rekz – #Getgud, Champion illusionist

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kiff.8157

Kiff.8157

It was a move about the guild, because our active commanders needed more support for our guilds playtime. A number of mercs were nearing burning out night after night covering multiple timezones. Basically from Sea all the way to EU time slots. This moves allows those who stayed with merc and transfered to carry less weight and focus more on our guilds core and our enjoyment factor. I can tell you being a merc has meant you carried a lot of weight.

It was becoming a growing concern when more mercs were scouting for the guild then following the commanders. While very often the many of the rest of BG would follow a merc commander, because at our timeslot of play we were very often the only Tag on all 4 maps. With that said, yes some players moved some didn’t, everyone was allowed there own choice in this matter. No hard feelings. Dred.

And that, do not let me see any of the MERC on the borderlands during SEA or EU timezone. If I have you down, I am gonna stomp you all with the big cow butt sitting on your face and me sitting on your body, dancing and laughing. It is not classy I didn’t do that before and I will not do that to anyone else except MERC and no remorse.