9/6 - Ferglicious/mAnvil/GoMnomberries

in Match-ups

Posted by: madchatter.7964

madchatter.7964

Can anyone remember seeing such a close 3-way match in ANY tier? In my opinion THIS is what WvWvW should be like.

Regardless of outcome, I’d be very happy with the same matchup again next week >.<

^^^^THIS^^^^

Attachments:

GoM – [ASH] | Check out the GoMmunity!
main: Medeina (human d/d ele)
alts: yes xP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Qualamala Lumpa.9832

Qualamala Lumpa.9832

On Steve’s note, that makes me wonder, did AR gain transfers to their server for WvW? Or did they simply decide to get out of sPvP and head on into WvW? lol

The Immortal O N E S [LIVE] | Server: GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

I’m convinced our guys are getting tempted by that accursed Box. I go to sleep with us 2k under GoM, wake up … we’re 6 under? Fergs, I thought we were going to defeat the GoMnomberry legions this week?

In seriousness, though – close frigging matchup. Now that I’m done levelling my Ranger, I’d better bring butterflies or bullets for ya’ll.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Match-ups

Posted by: Expiatus.4210

Expiatus.4210

Can I just say this the best title for a match thread I’ve ever seen.

-Ferglicious/mAnvil/GoMnomberries-

Advent: to you good Sir, my applause.

Anvil Rock – Out manned, out gunned and no repair costs, so Leeroy up and dive in.
See you in Tyria.

in Match-ups

Expiatus.4210

I may as well be funny with these darn topic titles. Anyway … Gunslinger Week, eh?

GUNSLINGER WEEK!!!!

I’m gonna go get some of those new super pistol skins so we can make tons of pew-pew noises while we fight.

Edit: And here’s a video to help hype it up! http://youtu.be/dlz8S4t0HUY

And yes, I will be bringing my Taquito inspired, lowbie level 30, dual pistol sling’n thief into this match. PREPARE!!!!

Anvil Rock – Out manned, out gunned and no repair costs, so Leeroy up and dive in.
See you in Tyria.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

I took a video of me following 2-3 HP guys the other day
I didn’t notice anything very obvious but they were definitely “glitching” around in some cases
if the looks of the characters match any screen shots I’ll go ahead and post the names for FC and send the info to ANet

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Steve Whitley.8359

Steve Whitley.8359

@Qualamala: I think it’s a combination of some transfers from t1 who’ve be extremely proactive in recruiting for their wvw guild, open tactics training (so everybody on the server learns), and playing nonstop with our existing player base. all the success that that’s created has attracted all the random pugs wanting to actually play wvw that quit when everybody left and we got weeks of spawn camping.

There may have been some other transfers too, but i can’t imagine why at this point. we’re def. on the upswing though.

Old Janx // [THG] Jade Quarry / Seafarer’s Rest
secessit viri bellatores

in Match-ups

Posted by: Thorson.9218

Thorson.9218

@Qualamala: I think it’s a combination of some transfers from t1 who’ve be extremely proactive in recruiting for their wvw guild, open tactics training (so everybody on the server learns), and playing nonstop with our existing player base. all the success that that’s created has attracted all the random pugs wanting to actually play wvw that quit when everybody left and we got weeks of spawn camping.

There may have been some other transfers too, but i can’t imagine why at this point. we’re def. on the upswing though.

This ^^^^

I’m seeing a lot of players that I haven’t seen before, and a few new commanders are popping up. I can only assume they’re transfers, because some are quite good and are bringing solid tactics to the map in addition to adding to the growing WvW numbers. I’ve never been part of so many portal bombs in one evening as I was last night. Sorry GoMmies trying to retake SM. (OK, I’m not really sorry, ’cause Steve is right, you and SF were probably the worst of the spawn-camping, zerg-rolling lot as we fell and finally hit bottom, so every one of you I spike I do so with greater satisfaction).

Come to us, you foes, and bring your flock.
For we will crush your bones on the Anvil Rock!

(edited by Thorson.9218)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dovgan.8605

Dovgan.8605

The paper Hills is solely the fault of your Eternal Battlegrounds commander.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger
http://www.anvilrockserver.com
[LPC] [KAOS] – Killing As Organized Sport

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nordic Natedog.4360

Nordic Natedog.4360

I have to give some props to the WZ char mes commander. You certainly are an annoying bunker mes. I was the asuran pistol thief with Obon tag following in SM (and just outside there) yesterday. My primary is a mesmer too, so I didn’t have that much trouble following you. I’ve been running my newly leveled thief lately since it is fun to do the whole gunslinger thing while giving me a break from mes. Still have to give you the props for being extremely annoying to us GoM.

Mag (PA)
Figrin the Healer (Guard), Angelic Renae (Mes), Death by Figrin (Thief)

in Match-ups

Posted by: JamboHammer.4397

JamboHammer.4397

ive been on the hunt for those [HP] warriors cant seem to find them xD.

Nsp,Gom,Mag[Yaks Bend] Asura Thief- Chronic Fangs/Asura War- Karcerus/Norn Mes- Karcmerus
Charr Ele- Mack Jack/Human Guardian- Karcian/Human Necro- Karcermancer/
Asura Rev- Kushatronium/Asura Engi- Kushatronic /Sylvari Ranger- Karcushian

in Match-ups

Posted by: ToaLux.6478

ToaLux.6478

I have to give some props to the WZ char mes commander. You certainly are an annoying bunker mes. I was the asuran pistol thief with Obon tag following in SM (and just outside there) yesterday. My primary is a mesmer too, so I didn’t have that much trouble following you. I’ve been running my newly leveled thief lately since it is fun to do the whole gunslinger thing while giving me a break from mes. Still have to give you the props for being extremely annoying to us GoM.

Yep, that’s Bobo. He’s a definitely one of the best mesmers I know, if not the best
He also has a youtube channel which is well worth a quick look!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj8Y8XgL9ngYXCh-j_6DHQw/videos

Fil(l)aen ~ Ranger/Mesmer ~ SAO ~ GoM
The Orange Asura with the Sun Kite

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nordic Natedog.4360

Nordic Natedog.4360

Yep, that’s Bobo. He’s a definitely one of the best mesmers I know, if not the best

Yeah, I’ve gone toe to toe with him in the past on my mesmer. Probably during our last meeting a few weeks back. We ended up bowing out since neither of us were making much head way. I had forgotten that until you mentioned his name.

Mag (PA)
Figrin the Healer (Guard), Angelic Renae (Mes), Death by Figrin (Thief)

in Match-ups

Darek.1836

matched up the screen shot posted with a person I video recorded
names of the 3 I saw are listed below
might want to mention that I never saw Groundwalking doing the same glitching as the other Warrior and Ranger in this screen shot
will upload a video of the stuttering to affirm there is some glitching going on

Attachments:

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jesse.4631

Jesse.4631

kinda weird how anet hasn’t done anything about this… i mean you even have people from both servers reporting them

Pink Sylvari FTW!

in Match-ups

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

We actually caught the HP guys on video, but Anet said they can’t do anything because you cannot see the character names.

So Darek, if you caught them on video with the names included, e-mail it to exploits@arena.net and we will finally be rid of the hackers.

Also, thanks to Darek and the rest of FC for helping us out on this!

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

in Match-ups

Thorson.9218

This ^^^^

Kudos to you guys for making the effort to clean up your server.

Sadly, what this also means is in spite of rumor to the contrary, Anet has NOT been able to implement a client-side scanner that can successfully detect and report the existence of these hacks. This is surprising given the popularity of the set of hacks that are available pretty much everywhere. I would have thought (and hoped) that Anet could analyze their code and relatively easily implement a detector within the client. That would end this BS and let us get back to killing each other in an honest and civilized way.

in Match-ups

Posted by: TehLewis.1623

TehLewis.1623

Hope this can be kept up! Just edged ahead :P

Very close matchup O:

Attachments:

Heaps Good Guardian|Lv80 Asura Guardian|
Don’t make me bring my[Main] – Ferguson’s Crossing (80) Thief/Mesmer/Necro

in Match-ups

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

Hope this can be kept up! Just edged ahead :P

Very close matchup O:

I know wow @ our morning crew when did we become IoJ? lol

in Match-ups

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

hey ar [wt] ele, rank soldier:

dont kittening glitch through gates you piece of kitten

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dsybok.1405

Dsybok.1405

Absolutely riveting week all around. Two nights ago the intense war on FC BL fast moving AR who trying to quick cap our northern towers using all sup rams in our BL was so intense, I was physically tired after fighting it off for 3 hours.

When we finally saw the AR clear out after yet another brutal half hour fight over Garrison, it was both satisfying and a little bit of a letdown at the same time. I was surprised to find this thread so thin, but I think its because everyone is so intensely involved this week, there is no time for commentating.

This has been one of the best WvWvW fights since I started playing the game. Kudos to everyone!

Ferguson’s Crossing
Ascenion of Elements
Sylvari Ele main

in Match-ups

Solstice.1097

Absolutely riveting week all around. Two nights ago the intense war on FC BL fast moving AR who trying to quick cap our northern towers using all sup rams in our BL was so intense, I was physically tired after fighting it off for 3 hours.

When we finally saw the AR clear out after yet another brutal half hour fight over Garrison, it was both satisfying and a little bit of a letdown at the same time. I was surprised to find this thread so thin, but I think its because everyone is so intensely involved this week, there is no time for commentating.

This has been one of the best WvWvW fights since I started playing the game. Kudos to everyone!

+1

in Match-ups

Dsybok.1405

We actually caught the HP guys on video, but Anet said they can’t do anything because you cannot see the character names.

So Darek, if you caught them on video with the names included, e-mail it to exploits@arena.net and we will finally be rid of the hackers.

Do these guys play during the day? I’ve never seen this guild tag during my usual play hours (8PM to 12 midnight Pacific).

Ferguson’s Crossing
Ascenion of Elements
Sylvari Ele main

in Match-ups

Solstice.1097

Do these guys play during the day? I’ve never seen this guild tag during my usual play hours (8PM to 12 midnight Pacific).

I never have either and I have been playing on FC for months and very active.

My guess is they roam alone in the least crowded BL’s

in Match-ups

titanlectro.5029

I never have either and I have been playing on FC for months and very active.

My guess is they roam alone in the least crowded BL’s

I’ve seen them any time from NA afternoon to NA latenight. They usually roam as a duo.

in Match-ups

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

ive seen them sitting around a couple times like a week before these hacking reports started, not doing anything.. but my play times vary so im not really any help.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Match-ups

Solstice.1097

ive seen them sitting around a couple times like a week before these hacking reports started, not doing anything.. but my play times vary so im not really any help.

Sounds to me like they are new to our server.

Also sounds to me like their stay will be a short one.

in Match-ups

Dsybok.1405

Well quite a few of our commanders and regulars have now chimed in so you can bet the secret is out and we will be looking for them.

Ferguson’s Crossing
Ascenion of Elements
Sylvari Ele main

in Match-ups

Darek.1836

can someone please link me to the video that someone from GoM or AR took? I’d like to be able to show anet that the players are the same since theres not enough evidence to probably ban them in my video (although you can tell its suspicious)

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Micbobo.1378

Micbobo.1378

Thanks a lot for the good comments guys! It is nice to see that my work is getting noticed by some people from other servers even though I don’t play my mesmer much anymore. You probably noticed my Guardian more (Redhead human girl that has been leading WZ zergs in EB since reset). I do remember you Nordic haha pistol thieves surely are annoying when you are trying to kite around waiting for the zerg to get there :P. I hope to see you more around the borderlands !

in Match-ups

Solstice.1097

Thanks a lot for the good comments guys! It is nice to see that my work is getting noticed by some people from other servers even though I don’t play my mesmer much anymore. You probably noticed my Guardian more (Redhead human girl that has been leading WZ zergs in EB since reset). I do remember you Nordic haha pistol thieves surely are annoying when you are trying to kite around waiting for the zerg to get there :P. I hope to see you more around the borderlands !

Bobo someone gave props to your guardian too >.<

in Match-ups

Posted by: CornChips.5392

CornChips.5392

I for one am very pleased with the turn around of my server. Great job AR!

CornChips | Sylvari Guardian |
Dvaita Vedanta | Human Mesmer|
The Fluttering Horde [TFH] | CD

in Match-ups

Solstice.1097

+1 glad to see you guys show up this week and keep things competitive! i hope your trend continues

in Match-ups

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

+1 glad to see you guys show up this week and keep things competitive! i hope your trend continues

Actually, I’d like to extend that sentiment to all three servers. With leagues coming up, many people chose to take the easy route and transfer to other servers that were in better position to place highly. Those that stayed behind to represent and fight for AR/FC/GoM have my full respect. Thanks for playing hard and not giving up on your server.

Cheers!

in Match-ups

Expiatus.4210

A fun night of WvW. Especially watching Ferg and Gnom duke it out. It was like no rules football or something but fun nonetheless.

Yes we did join in a bit later and kick your keisters but all in good fun.

For added fun, see if you can find yourself in the picture!

Attachments:

See you in Tyria.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Actually, I’d like to extend that sentiment to all three servers. With leagues coming up, many people chose to take the easy route and transfer to other servers that were in better position to place highly. Those that stayed behind to represent and fight for AR/FC/GoM have my full respect. Thanks for playing hard and not giving up on your server.

Cheers!

We won’t talk about that league silliness. Why they wouldn’t just go 3 sets of 8 for our 24 servers … it’s beyond me. Whatever, I’ll still shred on fools.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Match-ups

Posted by: CornChips.5392

CornChips.5392

Cheers!

We won’t talk about that league silliness. Why they wouldn’t just go 3 sets of 8 for our 24 servers … it’s beyond me. Whatever, I’ll still shred on fools.

I know the answer!!!!!!!!! It’s not divisible by 3

CornChips | Sylvari Guardian |
Dvaita Vedanta | Human Mesmer|
The Fluttering Horde [TFH] | CD

in Match-ups

Solstice.1097

Cheers!

I know the answer!!!!!!!!! It’s not divisible by 3

they should have done 4 leagues of 6 servers noobs. they make every decision under the false pretense thakittens a competitive game.

in Match-ups

Solstice.1097

that it is – try to shorten it is and it turns to kittens. example of their oversight in all things.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Colt.9051

Colt.9051

Great fun roaming tonight!! Ty to all the FC and AR groups I ran into with either my guildie or a random or few.

Just two things I wanna mention tho, to the 3 FC that we fought by south camp, it was a nice 2v3 we had but why retreat to the camp to build two ballistas against 2 ppl? That’s pretty much why I /laughed, but it was a fun challenge to beat you guys out of the camp with siege and all :P

Also to the 2 AR I also fought at the south camp when I was with 3 others. We weren’t all that aware of the supervisor buffs so you got my 3 companions pretty quick, and got in a /laugh, but I got the last laugh getting you guys outside of the camp

Great stuffs so far with this matchup! Hopefully I’ll have much more time to roam

Daeaera ~ Leader of Grape Justice! [FGJ]

in Match-ups

titanlectro.5029

can someone please link me to the video that someone from GoM or AR took? I’d like to be able to show anet that the players are the same since theres not enough evidence to probably ban them in my video (although you can tell its suspicious)

Here is the vid. Anet replied that they can’t use it because there are no character names, and because it is “edited” (Because apparently not full screen = edited). Never the less, it shows these guys speed hacking around like crazy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNNXjw4grX4&feature=youtu.be

in Match-ups

Thorson.9218

Thanks, but just to be clear, it’s not like we choose to not “show up”. Our Wuvwuv population was decimated thanks to one very large guild leaving being followed by a large number of smaller guilds, and it looks like, maybe, hopefully, last week marked the bottom of our fall and we’re starting to rebound. The remaining band of miscreants has brought it each and every week, even when we’ve only had 10 players on the map (I started on AR 8 months ago and that’s where I’ll stay).

Now that our Wuvwuv numbers seem to be growing again, we’ll continue to bring what we can, hopefully with more weight. What I’m interested in seeing is if that just means MOAR ZERG, or if we learned through those months of decline that good play and good tactics >> huge mobs. I roll with [TFH] and from what I see of them, there’s hope.

And an early congrats to FC for a win this week. Granted, it comes at the expense of our BL, but that’s what it’s all about. /salute

(edited by Thorson.9218)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Corelli.7932

Corelli.7932

On a related note. HP is recruiting. We have voice comms and a lovely friends and family based atmosphere. We also have cake. Frosted with tears and hate. No, the cake is not a lie.

~Rocille

in Match-ups

Steve Whitley.8359

On a related note. HP is recruiting. We have voice comms and a lovely friends and family based atmosphere. We also have cake. Frosted with tears and hate. No, the cake is not a lie.

~Rocille

how about help identifying the individuals in that video? or are you in here blatantly recruiting for more people to join in doing what we’ve seen the folks from HP doing this week?

secessit viri bellatores

(edited by Steve Whitley.8359)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jesse.4631

Jesse.4631

how about help identifying the individuals in that video? or are you in here blatantly recruiting for more people to join in doing what we’ve seen the folks from HP doing this week?

I think hes stating hes one of the hackers :p or hes trolling

Pink Sylvari FTW!

in Match-ups

Steve Whitley.8359

already reported, just wanted clarification just in case he/she’s legit (we know the guild’s not)

secessit viri bellatores

in Match-ups

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Just a head’s up:

There may or may not be a GoM WvW livestream tonight around 8pm CST, and it may or may not have a delay because Mr. Mooby may or may not be a stream-sniping jerk. :P

See ya there! (maybe)

in Match-ups

Posted by: adverse.3167

adverse.3167

This thread is so funny. Between the rage, and people trying to play dudley do right its really making me laugh this week.

in Match-ups

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Just a head’s up:

There may or may not be a GoM WvW livestream tonight around 8pm CST, and it may or may not have a delay because Mr. Mooby may or may not be a stream-sniping jerk. :P

See ya there! (maybe)

I vote no delay!

Gate of Madness

in Match-ups

Thorson.9218

~Rocille

LOL.

No one in their right mind would go near HP at this point. They are squarely in Anet’s crosshairs and if a member did anything that even smelled like a hack they’d likely get a crit from the banhammer…..but GL with your efforts.