Deckard Kaineng/Gate of SPARTA/Eredar Terrace

in Match-ups

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

This “ress-through-gate” thing, been already exploited for ages and I find it silly that it still around when many other exploits like the wall climbing have been fixed already… They could simply put another stupid gate behind that one and the problem would be solved. And no, I don’t belive that such a broken mechanic is “working as intented”.

So since Anet didn’t fix something, it must not be broken. Great logic there.

Let me just kick you from my party in WvW…

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

(edited by titanlectro.5029)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

This “ress-through-gate” thing, been already exploited for ages and I find it silly that it still around when many other exploits like the wall climbing have been fixed already… They could simply put another stupid gate behind that one and the problem would be solved. And no, I don’t belive that such a broken mechanic is “working as intented”.

Jeknar is saying the mechanic should be fixed…. Maybe have some morning coffee?

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Are you offering free coffee??

Cantar Soulfyre-Norn W|Canter Soulfyre-Human G|Cantirus Foghorn – Charr R
Born and raised in Sorrow’s Furnace – WvWvWest Coast Squad
“All hail the mighty Flame Ram!!!” – said by Someone Somewhere at Sometime

in Match-ups

Posted by: SHAKA ZULU.3128

SHAKA ZULU.3128

Anyone got those fancy office keurigs? Nothing like wvw trashtalk in the morning with an ok cup of coffee.

love,

a guardian from k[Ai]neng

in Match-ups

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Tea, earl grey, hot.

Gate of Madness

in Match-ups

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

On the bay exploit : there are actually two kind of exploits. If you think that get resurrected through a gate is fine, then know that theirs a respawn timer of 15 minutes in this game. Toying with this timer can be considered exploiting a bug.
So there you have it : however you put, most people are exploiting something because most of them stay for more than 15 minutes.

in Match-ups

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Tea, earl grey, hot.

Nice! That is more an afternoon/evening drink for me.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

You’re so blind with the issue that you couldn’t even see that i’m actually at your side on this…

L2Read…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

(edited by Jeknar.6184)

in Match-ups

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Tea, earl grey, hot.

Hot coffee, cold tea. Doing it backwards is just plain blasphemy.

in Match-ups

Yes. I’ll even dress up in my maid cosplay outfit and carry the coffee on a silver platter.

Maguuma
#allisvain

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bones.5762

Bones.5762

Yes. I’ll even dress up in my maid cosplay outfit and carry the coffee on a silver platter.

But you’re they queen of ET, it’s shameful to dress up in a cosplay outfit, ask your sex slave void to do it for you.

Will you help me move?

in Match-ups

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Hrmmmmm, when do we play ET again? I have a keep we can do this cosplay in…..

in Match-ups

But you’re they queen of ET, it’s shameful to dress up in a cosplay outfit, ask your sex slave void to do it for you.

I’ll have you know that Void is a regular slave (not a sex slave).

Maguuma
#allisvain

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bones.5762

Bones.5762

I’ll have you know that Void is a regular slave (not a sex slave).

pssh, tomato, tomata

Will you help me move?

in Match-ups

Pre-requisite : Beat me in a duel.

Maguuma
#allisvain

in Match-ups

Posted by: EricL.5861

EricL.5861

We can add AKD and ApeX to the bay exploiting list… Yes, I got screenshots of you rezing through the gate.

I am now seriously considering rallying my whole server to push ET to third. Stop exploiting.

Yeah that worked for you. This TACTIC is used by all servers. No one likes it when you’re on your high horse.

Attachments:

Hagance, 80 Guardian, Commander/ Guild Leader
Server: DragonBrand
Guild: AKD

in Match-ups

Posted by: SHAKA ZULU.3128

SHAKA ZULU.3128

This was a fun matchup. You guys are great opponents, A+ would fight again etc

love,

a guardian from k[Ai]neng

in Match-ups

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Pre-requisite : Beat me in a duel.

Oh, NOW you bring out the requirements. Typical, entice the guy and THEN tell him he has to pay.

in Match-ups

Posted by: doublebb.6574

doublebb.6574

We can add AKD and ApeX to the bay exploiting list… Yes, I got screenshots of you rezing through the gate.

I am now seriously considering rallying my whole server to push ET to third. Stop exploiting.

Yeah that worked for you. This TACTIC is used by all servers. No one likes it when you’re on your high horse.

Some people clearly need to learn the difference between “tactics” and “exploits”. The bay water gate “tactic” is an EXPLOIT, plain and simple. I highly doubt Anet intended to allow players to be rezzed through solid matter. If so, why would they even put up doors and walls? These are clearly supposed to be the ways that everyone is supposed to invade a tower or keep. If you are able to successfully hide a LIVING mesmer, by all means that mesmer deserves to port his allies in and punish the defenders for not checking carefully. There is no defending your claim. I also highly doubt that EVERYONE uses it considering how many people are saying that it’s a wrong thing to do. And even if most people did, it doesn’t change that it is an exploit.

| Kyroen~Sylv Thief | Resliana Oryk~Norn Warr |
| Im Dying Im Dying~Sylv Mesmer (in progress)| Oh Wait Im Fine Nvm~Norn Necro (in progress) |
Gate of Madness~Proud Officer of [ASH]

in Match-ups

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

This is as much a tactic as the one used to get into QL without destroying the gate or wall.

For the first 15 minutes, you are abusing at best an oversight from Anet. After 15 minutes you are using a cheat to get by the afk timer.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mothafu.5123

Mothafu.5123

Keep positive, friends

I’ve been wiped buy your guildies several times and I noticed skill and jumping on corpses. In other words – help keeping this positive.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Berk.8561

Berk.8561

They are there because they used to be destructible, like the water gate in Green Keep in EB.

They disabled the destructible nature of the gate because it was too easy for people to exploit through the gate. Turns out they are still easy to exploit.

I did not know that. Seems like an odd way to resolve the problem.

People are fooling themselves that this is not an exploit. But continue to rationalize it all you want…

It depends on what you mean by “exploit”. I think people are fooling themselves if they think that this is the sort of “exploit” that ANet is going to ban people for if they are reported doing it. I do not think this meets the standard for what’s prohibited by the Terms of Service agreement.

I think the first part of this does not support the conclusion. They fixed an old exploit at the Bay water gate by changing how it worked and made the gratings indestructible and I agree that the “res-through-gate” thing would be even more trivially easy for them to fix, simply by adding another cover to the other side of the tunnel. So if this is an exploit that’s simple to fix and they don’t want it to be there, why haven’t they fixed it yet?

Not-So-Off-Topic: Also, bay is a so stupid keep to take… You can treb bay from the valley camp, from briar tower, from garrison, from quarry camp, from the bloodlust ruins, from SMC, from Lion’s Arch, even from bay itself… This keep need some serious changes. There towers way harder to get compared to bay (like Jerrifer’s or Veloka).

Defending, in general, is broken. There is something seriously wrong when the walls and gates of a tower, keep, or castle do more to get in the way of defenders than attackers, which is sometimes the case, too. The biggest problem is that walls and gates do not cast a shadow that prevents effects from happening through and across them and being able to affect people on the other side of a gate is just another symptom of a much bigger problem. And to be honest, I think that plenty of other problems caused by this are far more serious problems for the game than this is, including being able to Dragon Tooth and wide displays to destroy siege weapons deep inside of towers and keeps. Of course defenders also “exploit” this problem by firing their siege weapons, including trebs, at the backs of solid doors to harm the attackers on the other side.

Kerzic [CoI] – Ranger – Eredon Terrace

in Match-ups

Posted by: Berk.8561

Berk.8561

Some people clearly need to learn the difference between “tactics” and “exploits”. The bay water gate “tactic” is an EXPLOIT, plain and simple. I highly doubt Anet intended to allow players to be rezzed through solid matter. If so, why would they even put up doors and walls?

While that could be a valid argument for why you shouldn’t be allowed to res through a door, it’s not a valid argument for why doing a res through the Bay water gate should be prohibited. That’s not a solid wall or door. It’s a porous grate that one could see through and, from a role-playing simulation perspective, easily reach through to touch the dead character on the other side. If you aren’t supposed to be about to res through the Bay water gate, why does it still have holes in it that a another character can see through and would be able to reach through?

These are clearly supposed to be the ways that everyone is supposed to invade a tower or keep. If you are able to successfully hide a LIVING mesmer, by all means that mesmer deserves to port his allies in and punish the defenders for not checking carefully. There is no defending your claim. I also highly doubt that EVERYONE uses it considering how many people are saying that it’s a wrong thing to do. And even if most people did, it doesn’t change that it is an exploit.

And if a mesmer dies in a tower or keep and doesn’t respawn and a perma-stealth thief hiding inside the same the tower or keep gets to them to res them, do they deserve the easy attack? Is it fair if it happens within 15 minutes? Is it fair if it happens after 2 hours?

I’m a defense-oriented player. I often lose money in WvW because I spend my time upgrading sites and even walking dolyaks to speed them up. I understand the frustration this causes to defense-oriented players. But there are also players who get their kicks out of using annoying tricks to get an advantage against their opponent. In many ways, I see this as another example of play like perma-stealth thieves. It annoys a lot of people and the forums of filled with complaints about it and requests to change it but it’s a form of play that part of the community enjoys and ANet is unlikely to eliminate it. Given how easy it would be to change it, yet after a year of complaints, ANet hasn’t changed it, suggest that it’s possible ANet doesn’t want to change it. That the Bay water gates used to be breakable but now aren’t suggests that ANet knows how to fix a real “exploit” like this when they want to.

This is as much a tactic as the one used to get into QL without destroying the gate or wall.

Did ANet fix the exploits used to get into QL and Jerrifers without destroying the gate yet? Did they change the way the water gates at Bay worked to fix an exploit? Why does ANet fix one problem but not another? One answer is that one problem is easier to fix than the other. Another possible answer, though, is that it’s working as intended and ANet likes it that way.

After 15 minutes you are using a cheat to get by the afk timer.

For the record, I’d be fine with enforcing a 15 minute forced ejection from the WvW map, reset only by someone doing a res on the character, if they don’t respawn at a waypoint. I think it’s a fine short-term strategy to keep defenders on their toes but something that’s seriously not fun for a defender who spends hours watching a corpse to make sure it stays dead. I agree you shouldn’t be able to reset the counter yourself by playing with the UI. 15 minutes seems like a good compromise to me.

Kerzic [CoI] – Ranger – Eredon Terrace