Desolation / Miller's Sound / Kodash 2/8/13

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lelith.2916

Lelith.2916

Q:

Enjoy the match up and lets try and keep this thread clean this time

Guild Leader of Eternal Invictus [INVI].

in Match-ups

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

This looks like a pretty boring matchup in all honesty compared to the previous weeks but like Abaddon’s Mouth maybe Millers Sound will surprise us, AM’s was well organized and well populated than I could imagine.
We Desolation need to up our game: we need to learn to cooperate much more consistently and educate the pugs that could potentially become almost like us veterans, we can’t just rely on points off peak we can show we’re better than that.

I won’t be around for reset my comrades and friends, I’m taking a break and recharging but I’ll be back to go at 100mph again soon!

Edit: Looking at some of the other matchups though there is so many more imbalanced matchups than any other week anyway. :o

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

no viz again =[ im getting withdrawal symptoms

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rapti Bloodspill.5302

Rapti Bloodspill.5302

Oh shut it you

Bow before the Mighty Charr!
Rapti Bloodspill [PT] – Desolation[EU]

in Match-ups

Oh shut it you

i will miss them until we get matched up… then i will likely rage a bit

80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]

in Match-ups

Posted by: GorHanis.7563

GorHanis.7563

Wall of Shame begins… don’t blame whole servers, just individuals.

First a pathetic idiot from Kodash, guild SwS, after 4 vs 1 and he did not involved the fight just came after I downed… to laugh… really… LOL…

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Repuran.1859

Repuran.1859

First a pathetic idiot from Kodash, guild SwS, after 4 vs 1 and he did not involved the fight just came after I downed… to laugh… really… LOL…

Well this thread sure lasted a long time before the moaning began (;

Full time Engi, Part time Ele

in Match-ups

Posted by: GorHanis.7563

GorHanis.7563

Look who’s speaking…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cottage Pie.6215

Cottage Pie.6215

Well this thread sure lasted a long time before the moaning began (;

Oh you mean he beat you to it

Also I downed an Engi from [LoL] guild, Kodash, and they map changed to avoid dying I think. For shame.

Taua Roqa – Desolation since day minus 3

~~~My Elite PvP Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04xOsNW7zTA

in Match-ups

Posted by: LampGhost.9658

LampGhost.9658

Good luck again to all servers ;1 looking forward to fight the germans!

Black Lion Key [AIM]
~ Desolation

in Match-ups

Posted by: Axle.5182

Axle.5182

Good organisation from MS on our bl tonight it almost felt like most your WvW population was on the map, but no seriously i liked your organisation skills with that amount of people the zergs held and stuck together very well.

Axle
[AFTL] Afterlife Sanctum of Rall
http://www.afterlife-gaming.eu

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dranul.2094

Dranul.2094

Mya + QQ miss ya rather you guys than the unskilled frogs.

Enjoy your week, may it be full of death and destruction.

Dranul – Guild Leader – The Unlikely Plan [TUP]
Aurora Glade EU
http://theunlikelyplangw2.guildlaunch.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: noddan.2035

noddan.2035

I had a fun reset, hope we will get a fun week aswell

btw! DVG Is also available this week for zerg, blob and roaming fights. Just meet us on the battlefield and we can fight eachother ! mohaha

[OP] – Óne Pulse – Guild Leader & Raid leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: socialdisorder.9684

socialdisorder.9684

Had a fun reset too!
Started out roaming the Millers borderland, thx for all the fun duels! Much respect for not finishing me when u won, and for the guild (i cant remember what tag it was) for letting me 1v1 one of your thief members and not joining in the fight. To the Warrior that got me downed, you’re daze is really deadly!! Looking forward to more roaming and duels there!

When Millers border got more empty I tried upgrading/defending hills and lake.
You guys really wanted that keep! I can’t count the guild cata’s on two hands And u never gave me any rest because u kept taking the camps I needed for our upgrade supply.
When I got back from getting some icecream to cooldown a bit, I noticed Lake contested, I got there too late so again good job there
We got rushed in deso border so in the end I had no backup to defend Hills and u guys took it.
Respect for not giving up!

I tagged up on Millers border when most of the nightcrew went to bed.
We defended Lake while taking more camps, tried to retake hills but got surprised by your numbers!

While defending Lake I got called to deso borderlands with the message that deso Bay walls were down due to a treb on briar and there was no commander nor people there.
So we hopped, made AC to take down that treb, started firing when I got the message 4gollems were moving to inner.
Nice try there
I ended my nightshift when the gollems were down and walls back up.
So all in all a very good reset for me!
Looking much forward to the rest of this week!

More Badges ~ Engineer²
~[coin]~
‘Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.’

(edited by socialdisorder.9684)

in Match-ups

Posted by: petterikr.4263

petterikr.4263

Tons of fun on reset-night! TLA broke all records and we had over 30 drunk Finns doing shenanigans. Probably Deso has the best coverage in this match up, but lets not play too much for points. Lets have some good fights and respect the enemy.

Temppu (Katoamistemppu, Temppu Murisee Murr, Arnold Did Temppu, Kummitustemppu, Temppu Banana)
Desolation

(edited by petterikr.4263)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Grotesque.6480

Grotesque.6480

Great fun on Eternal Battlegrounds last night! Thanks everyone who joined me and put down their triple A game! Also thanks to Kodash and Millers for the great fights! Looking forward to the rest of the week!

Team Aggression [TA]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Moon.6371

Moon.6371

Hey guys,

I`m enjoying this matchup a lot so far. Great servers to be matched with, thanks for the action!

Keep it up, gl & hf!

[Buka] Koma Grey
[Buka] Mojo Monkey Man
Kodash

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dahir.4158

Dahir.4158

Although Vizunah are fun to fight against in a certain… special kind of way, would you really like to go back to the infinite golem rushes and the odd rainbow pony flying across your screen?

Attachments:

Broski

in Match-ups

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

Even Buka is happy :P

Was funny when we managed to defend hills with 2 or 3 friendlies yday after guilds took few min break, TLA went drinking and FG went to defend bay (Miller bl), against around 15 Miller guys, first on outer, then inner and in the end lord room – all ended with success

in Match-ups

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

So far a very nice thread, compared to previous match up threads.

I have been very impressed by the number of players Kodash and Miller’s have been able to summon at reset night and during Saturday. In fact I have been playing under the outnumbered “buff” most of this day. And we still that “buff” on Miller’s BL.

Out of Miller’s guilds Melenya [Mya] and Silencium [SM] have impressed me the most. Desolation BL was a tough spot at reset night with both of the above farming Deso PuGs. Mya showed very nice combination of ranged and melee. Most of my guild mates were in other BL and I was also border hopping. It seems the Miller forces on other BLs were much weaker.

Nachtschattegwägs [NSG] had a nice roaming team from Kodash. Keep on ganking. I play without gank builds. ;-)

I had some really fun fights in the lake (like usual). Me as a warrior vs enemy warrior (my health didn’t even drop 10%). Me as engineer vs enemy engineer. Such a nice change to the countless of rangers I have killed underwater. And today in the central island me alone vs 3 Kodash. Then I saw more Kodash coming, so I called in my guild buddies in TeamSpeak. We won that 3 TLA vs 5.

I hope enemy likes how TLA has been playing. When we see an obvious duel, we try to ignore it.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dyno.9467

Dyno.9467

Good match up, scores are going up and down like a yo-yo, quite even the 3 servers.

“And now, to destroy you”

Asura – Desolation

in Match-ups

Posted by: LJMaster.6214

LJMaster.6214

If I’m honest, I was disappointed when I saw servers we were facing after reset. It is nothing against either of the two servers, I was just hoping Desolation would be able to test itself against Elona/BB/Jade Sea.

Reset night was great fun, we were in Kodash Bl and there were multiple threeways. It was nice that we had two groups going around who joined forces for the big fights, seemed to work pretty well in the fights.

It was fun commanding this morning/afternoon, it was a slow start with not many players on teamspeak, we struggled to reclaim deso bay with low numbers compared to the two German sides, both having bigger zergs in our own borderland.

After that though it was great fun hopping across the borders with a fully armed, crazy (and sometimes psychotic) desolation group, we had 50 on teamspeak I believe and we had some great fights with both Millers and Kodakitten was a shame (for us) that almost half of your borderlands were tier 3, which limited what we could go for with them being so well sieged and manned with an equal number of defenders. We had some great open field fights, it took us a while to get organised, but eventually we got it right. So yeah, thanks to everything that was following, it was great fun.

Leader of Amplified Wrath [AmP]
Former Leader of Vendetta [VnT]

in Match-ups

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

If I’m honest, I was disappointed when I saw servers we were facing after reset. It is nothing against either of the two servers, I was just hoping Desolation would be able to test itself against Elona/BB/Jade Sea.

Reset night was great fun, we were in Kodash Bl and there were multiple threeways. It was nice that we had two groups going around who joined forces for the big fights, seemed to work pretty well in the fights.

It was fun commanding this morning/afternoon, it was a slow start with not many players on teamspeak, we struggled to reclaim deso bay with low numbers compared to the two German sides, both having bigger zergs in our own borderland.

After that though it was great fun hopping across the borders with a fully armed, crazy (and sometimes psychotic) desolation group, we had 50 on teamspeak I believe and we had some great fights with both Millers and Kodakitten was a shame (for us) that almost half of your borderlands were tier 3, which limited what we could go for with them being so well sieged and manned with an equal number of defenders. We had some great open field fights, it took us a while to get organised, but eventually we got it right. So yeah, thanks to everything that was following, it was great fun.

Sometimes its better to have these relaxing weeks where we don’t have to worry about the ppt too much and just have fun with the other servers. Neither of these servers are the blobby t1-t2 servers, so I expect some really nice fights this week

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

in Match-ups

Posted by: maeggle.6021

maeggle.6021

A descriptive attachment appears…

Attachments:

Kodash [DE] – Ninja Nurse Rescue Squad [care] – Elementalist
A landing you can walk away from just wasn’t fast enough.

in Match-ups

Posted by: petterikr.4263

petterikr.4263

Thanks for good fights with some ranger underwater tonight! Had some great fights with you! I pulled out when i saw one of our server mates attacking you also. Did not want to ruin our fight going 2v1.

Temppu (Katoamistemppu, Temppu Murisee Murr, Arnold Did Temppu, Kummitustemppu, Temppu Banana)
Desolation

(edited by petterikr.4263)

in Match-ups

Posted by: SNEEKI.4693

SNEEKI.4693

Some great fights in Millers Bl tonight ,I tip my hat to you guys as you put up an amazing defense to keep your garrison. It took us about 3/4 tries but we got there in the end,
really admire the fighting attitude of the Miller Sound server! you guys don’t give up ,you just keep coming

Keep up the good fight and have fun!
Cya on the battlefield..

in Match-ups

Posted by: Angorm.6179

Angorm.6179

Had a great couple of nights since this match up happened. Always thought of Kodash as a good server and remember some great battles against you. Millers Sound, You are a breath of fresh air to what sometimes is classed as stagnant WvW. You are great to fight against and are not scared to fight in the open. You look like you are having fun, and are not scared of anything.
Some great battles on EB tonight. Look forward to more all week. This match-up has re-kindled my interest in WvW, and GW2 in general.

Warrior, Mesmer, Engineer, Necro, Ranger, Elementalist.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ins.7139

Ins.7139

Thanks for all the small scale fights in Millers BL Kodash this morning. 4 of us fought in the circle for a good 10 minutes holding off wave after wave till you finally got us, small scale is so much more fun! Down with blobbing haha. I’ll be roaming the BL’s solo or small group for rest of week hope to see some of you around

[PT] Ins For Da Waaagh
www.twitch.tv/ins_for_da_wagh
PuG Commander, blobbing it up since 2012!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mirdo.2719

Mirdo.2719

Been a good match up for the most part until this morning.

Maybe the weekend brings out more of the MS/Kodash players that think it’s pro to corpse jump and /laugh when they are 10 v 2 ’ing.

Happens with every match up I guess but props to the awesome players doing it this morning on MS BL.

Oh and thanks to the Miller’s Mesmer who didn’t dive in when I was duelling an Engineer and actually allowed us to fight it out. I tip my non-existant hat to you.

Looking forward to some more awesome smaller scale skirmishes.

Ctrl Alt Elite [CTRL] – Desolation [EU]
80 Necromancer, Thief, Elementalist, Guardian, Warrior x 2, Mesmer
24 Engineer, 10 Ranger

(edited by Mirdo.2719)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Moon.6371

Moon.6371

Yeah, I know, I`m repeating myself, but I`m loving this matchup so much! Shoutout to all the smallscalers out there, you know who you are. Great fights.

Best regards

[Buka] Koma Grey
[Buka] Mojo Monkey Man
Kodash

in Match-ups

Posted by: nojdeux.6254

nojdeux.6254

Looking for Kodash and Millers guilds that would be interested in a few friendly GvG matches on Tuesday and Wednesday, please contact me in game if you are interested.

[FG] Parsley Responsible

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

Nobody here cares about people sabotaging golems and you should take that to your serverforums.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

in Match-ups

Axle.5182

I know MS is running the underdog in this matchup but you guys fight with great determination and what you lack in numbers and coverage you make up for in skill. We had almost our entire map except for your last bastion of defence bluevale it took us hours and was a kitten for us to throw you out of it, you push hard and our forces wiped many times lol.

Props also to the roaming MS Ranger who beat me on my necro and a friendly guardian into a pulp and respected the fight with a bow.

Axle

(edited by Axle.5182)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Argilla.8340

Argilla.8340

Haha I gotta admit, I really enjoyed EB today, especially the SM fight with those 2 big blobs from kodash and miller, I think we almost crashed the server haha

good job both of you, really having fun this match up

in Match-ups

Posted by: wombatpanda.8165

wombatpanda.8165

Thx for the fights today!
Some good fights with GoD at the start before numbers were too high for our group.
Thx to a kodash guild EoW i think running same numbers sadly we didnt see you that often today and ofc coin special thx to coin we really needed the action to get back into the game

in Match-ups

Posted by: uSuck.5016

uSuck.5016

I feel like I have to thank Deso & Miller for the 2 golds I earned by killing you guy in Stonemist over and over :P
Kodash had a lot of fun =P

in Match-ups

Posted by: stiello.1875

stiello.1875

I feel like I have to thank Deso & Miller for the 2 golds I earned by killing you guy in Stonemist over and over :P

Good for you if your server would be first it would be a nice post but this is uhm yeah….
We farmed you guys on your own borderlands like crazy…. Kodash were only running away from us.

in Match-ups

Axle.5182

Good for you if your server would be first it would be a nice post but this is uhm yeah….
We farmed you guys on your own borderlands like crazy…. Kodash were only running away from us.

Does it matter they are not 1st place, was it not our mentality of look at the loot bags that kept morale up when we were last place matchup after matchup?. What is important is every server in a matchup can find some enjoyment in it regardless of where they place. It’s friendly rivalry lets keep it that way.

Axle

(edited by Axle.5182)

in Match-ups

Zumy.6318

Does it matter they are not 1st place, was it not our mentality of look at the loot bags that kept morale up when we were last place matchup after matchup?. What is important is every server in a matchup can find some enjoyment in it regardless of where they place. It’s friendly rivalry lets keep it that way.

I like your point of view!

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cottage Pie.6215

Cottage Pie.6215

Kodash are every bit as awful as I remember hahahaha

edit: this is the ‘respect’ you get when I go roaming and have corpse jumpers, laughs and endless ganks.

Taua Roqa – Desolation since day minus 3

~~~My Elite PvP Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04xOsNW7zTA

(edited by Cottage Pie.6215)

in Match-ups

Posted by: McCoy.4265

McCoy.4265

Desolation shouldn’t be so proud to win fights against mostly bad coordinated pugs of Kodash. Most of the time we have outmanned buff. We are no challenge for you anymore.
But you should have respect at least.
Some actions of your guild groups like FG seems to have only one goals “loot bags”. The last days on Millersund – only Kodash was FG target, at least it seems so.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

FG was going for bay and others for other stuff. Can’t help it that bay is so much easier to take than hills… It’s not like we say “FG farm Kodas pls”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Grotesque.6480

Grotesque.6480

Truly, I admire Kodash’s fighting spirit. We from Desolation have been in the similair state of where Kodash currently resides in and we know like no other how hard those times are.

Keep your head up, believe in the remaining community and continue fighting as conquerers. Times will change! Respect!

Nonetheless, so far we from [EXG] have been having great fights. We started to run more tagless and less community commanding. Great epic fights we had! Special thanks to Millers last night who spawncamped us for a good while. We loved the initial burst attacks to practice ourselves versus a giant zerg! Lets do that more often <3

Team Aggression [TA]

in Match-ups

Zumy.6318

Thank you Grotesque! Glad you are enjoying this as much as we are. Very strong groups of you with dangerous burstpotential. And mean stuns from your s/p thief. Always a thrill to meet you guys! See you in the roam!

Cheers!

Thief | Zumy [Buka]

(edited by Zumy.6318)

in Match-ups

Axle.5182

Yeah Desolation take a good look at yourselves in the mirror you’re forgetting where we have been these last 6 months at least, have some respect for others in a similar situation.

Sitting in these lower matchups playing the smug were better than you face… Yeah we won a few matchups vs inferior coveraged opponents it’s a bit early to pull out the banners for a victory parade never mind trying to rub it in. In no way do we have the skill and tactical advantage and your kidding yourself if you believe it to be so.

Take your victory with respect be fair and stop turning this server into a monolith of a QQ monster and into the very things we despised about some of our former opponents.

Axle

in Match-ups

Posted by: McCoy.4265

McCoy.4265

Thanks for the nice replys so far. There is still hope. Lets see where Kodash will find the bottom.

in Match-ups

this AC fire was zoomhacked right? or am i just seeing zoomhacks where there are none?

• the second SS was me trying to work out how they could target where they were

oh and MS seems to have a ton of runaway thieves, as soon as i poked them they legged it

Attachments:

(edited by Linguistically Inept.6583)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

this AC fire was zoomhacked right? or am i just seeing zoomhacks where there are none?

oh and MS seems to have a ton of runaway thieves, as soon as i poked them they legged it

Not necessarily I think.
Depending on where the AC was you could use the gap above the gate to target that area.

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

in Match-ups

Not necessarily I think.
Depending on where the AC was you could use the gap above the gate to target that area.

the center of the aoe ring on the first picture isnt visible from the gate gap though (is it possible to aim through that gap? o.o, wouldnt it have to be right up next to the gate?)?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

the center of the aoe ring on the first picture isnt visible from the gate gap though (is it possible to aim through that gap? o.o, wouldnt it have to be right up next to the gate?)?

From that position I could have destroyed your ACs. I don´t know if the area would be exactly the same as in your pic but it comes very close.

I don´t know if it is possible to do with a AC that stands farther away from the gate.

Attachments:

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]