FC/ET/HoD 6/14

FC/ET/HoD 6/14

in Match-ups

Posted by: sioux.1653

sioux.1653

I like pie too…..

Bluebell Jones – Engineers rule
Riva Lea – Wonder Twin Powers, Activate!
Eredon Terrace

FC/ET/HoD 6/14

in Match-ups

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

If you are going to come at us with an ignorant statement, we will respond accordingly.

when people say this it just means theyre about to attack the targets character, intelligence, or mother instead of actually making some kind of convincing opposing argument.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

FC/ET/HoD 6/14

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jscull.2514

Jscull.2514

If you are going to come at us with an ignorant statement, we will respond accordingly.

when people say this it just means theyre about to attack the targets character, intelligence, or mother instead of actually making some kind of convincing opposing argument.

Our guild has made our “convincing opposing argument” in game.

PAXA -GM

FC/ET/HoD 6/14

in Match-ups

Posted by: Skarloc.2569

Skarloc.2569

You act as if a sensible debate occurred here and that I need to respond with a convincing argument. What actually happened is someone cried on the forums, yet again, and made senseless comments out of the blue because they’re upset. What exactly is the convincing argument that I need to be making here?

Ignorant statements are such because there’s not a lot of thought, or sense, to begin with, so sarcasm seems to be an appropriate response.

[PAXA] Skarllok – 80 Mesmer/ Skarrlloc – 80 Guardian
[FUN] [FUN II] [Jonathan Taylor Thomas] – DAoC, WoW, WAR

FC/ET/HoD 6/14

in Match-ups

insanemaniac.2456

dont even know why you bother responding if you took care of it in game

FC/ET/HoD 6/14

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

I want to see everybody for some awesome duels tonight in HoD’s border at the windmill. You should come over and play PAXA. I’m sure you will enjoy it more than w/e it is you are doing this week. I can’t imagine there is much to fight.

8pm est guys, let’s go!

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

FC/ET/HoD 6/14

in Match-ups

Skarloc.2569

I just wanted to make sure you had a convincing opposing argument for your response.

FC/ET/HoD 6/14

in Match-ups

insanemaniac.2456

I just wanted to make sure you had a convincing opposing argument for your response.

i do

you being an kitten to moobs cuz he was whining, and then trying to justify yourself by saying “i have to respond”

FC/ET/HoD 6/14

in Match-ups

Posted by: HatasGunnaHate.3627

HatasGunnaHate.3627

i do

you being an kitten to moobs cuz he was whining, and then trying to justify yourself by saying “i have to respond”

Sound familiar?

Attachments:

[VR] Kyytia
Maguuma’s Mutant Dragon Ninja Warriors super power omega force of doom.

(edited by HatasGunnaHate.3627)

FC/ET/HoD 6/14

in Match-ups

Posted by: Samhaim.8956

Samhaim.8956

Omg someone called my guild out for w/e reason, i must make a wall of text insulting him in every way i can and then forum-fight anyone who tries to tell me it was unnecessary!!!!!!!!!

Samhaiim ~ Thief

(edited by Samhaim.8956)

FC/ET/HoD 6/14

in Match-ups

Skarloc.2569

i do

I don’t have to respond, I choose to respond. I am very well aware of the content of my posts and how they come across. I don’t feel bad it for it, in the least bit, because I find it laughable that people want to come to these boards and bash us out of the blue, and then get so upset when we respond. It’s all right for them to do it, in any way they see fit, but then we are harshly judged by the way we respond. Here’s a grand idea, if you don’t like the way we come across, stop talking kitten on the forums. I know such a concept is difficult to grasp, but it could be a possible solution.

It would be one thing if someone actually made a point once in a while, but it’s always someone crying or raging about something, usually making little sense in the process and providing no thought or sense to the way they come across. The whole basis of their argument is them being mad and feeling the need to go to the forums with it. Since there’s no substance to what they have to say, beyond the usual “I so mad, you guys suck!”, I’ll keep responding the way I do. You have something legitimate to talk about, or an actual question, I’d be happy to discuss it in a civil tone. If you’re just mad that someone stole your juice box, well then…

FC/ET/HoD 6/14

in Match-ups

Samhaim.8956

i do

I don’t have to respond, I choose to respond. I am very well aware of the content of my posts and how they come across. I don’t feel bad it for it, in the least bit, because I find it laughable that people want to come to these boards and bash us out of the blue, and then get so upset when we respond. It’s all right for them to do it, in any way they see fit, but then we are harshly judged by the way we respond. Here’s a grand idea, if you don’t like the way we come across, stop talking kitten on the forums. I know such a concept is difficult to grasp, but it could be a possible solution.

It would be one thing if someone actually made a point once in a while, but it’s always someone crying or raging about something, usually making little sense in the process and providing no thought or sense to the way they come across. The whole basis of their argument is them being mad and feeling the need to go to the forums with it. Since there’s no substance to what they have to say, beyond the usual “I so mad, you guys suck!”, I’ll keep responding the way I do. You have something legitimate to talk about, or an actual question, I’d be happy to discuss it in a civil tone. If you’re just mad that someone stole your juice box, well then…

Moobs made one small comment on PAXA and you come full rage mode on him and anyone else that calls you out for that post, the one who seems mad for me here is you.

Quick question, i’ve seen PAXA bash on zerg servers and now i see you bashing on moobs for doing 1v1s, so do you want all of us to run 5 man groups because thats what YOU think is the ‘right way to play’ or what exactly?

Samhaiim ~ Thief

FC/ET/HoD 6/14

in Match-ups

Jscull.2514

i do

Moobs made one small comment on PAXA and you come full rage mode on him and anyone else that calls you out for that post, the one who seems mad for me here is you.

Quick question, i’ve seen PAXA bash on zerg servers and now i see you bashing on moobs for doing 1v1s, so do you want all of us to run 5 man groups because thats what YOU think is the ‘right way to play’ or what exactly?

I seem to recall Moobs being the guy who said, “If I would have known my original post would have brought this much crap to the forums, I would never have posted it”….Guess what his original post was about?
“I could beat ANY PAXA in a 1v1”…Guess what his sample size was? One night of running with a DIFFERENT guilds 5 man.

Please play the victim card. And yea it would be nice a change of pace if someone decided to make a dedicated team to beat us. Would be nice to have some good players to fight once in a while, rather than constantly climbing mount everest as a blind kid against 30 people afraid to lose in a video game.

PAXA -GM

FC/ET/HoD 6/14

in Match-ups

Samhaim.8956

I really don’t care whether you can beat moobs 1v1 or not, if you can good for you for proving him wrong in-game.
There is no need to flatter yourself thinking we would need a dedicated team to beat you guys, because we don’t i’ve seen it happen and the numbers were pretty equal.
And not saying you havent, but i’d like to see a video of PAXA going against 30 FC.
No need to get so worked up over this, like you said, its just a video game.

Samhaiim ~ Thief

FC/ET/HoD 6/14

in Match-ups

Skarloc.2569

Moobs made a comment and I responded to his ridiculous post with a sarcastic one of my own. My other comments have been directed at other people who have felt the need to comment. Despite the fact this has nothing to do with them, they felt the need to comment, so I responded. I see you’re pulling the “U mad bro?” card, that’s cute. Turns out that I’m not, sorry to disappoint you.

My comments towards Moobs and 1v1’s are in reference to another fine example of Moobs embarrassing himself in a previous match-up thread where he made some choice comments.

I see we have finally have a question here. Clearly there is no bitterness or sarcasm on your end, but I’ll answer it anyways.

I honestly could care less how anyone plays. If you want to duel, zerg, small-man, I really don’t care. I think it’s safe to say that roughly 95% of the population of this game enjoys large-scale combat, i.e. zerging. Now I don’t understand the appeal of that type of play, but it’s clearly the preferred style of play, and ArenaNet has made it abundantly clear that it’s the only form of PvP they are seeking to cater to. Since there’s little to no reward for actually winning week to week, it makes for a repetitive and boring game, one that has gotten even worse due to this new unbalanced ranking system. Fighting new people is great and all, except for the fact it leaves match-ups horribly miskewed. All some of you have to do is look at declining activity in your guilds to realize this is not a good system.

I would certainly love for more people to do small-mans, but it’s just not going to happen. The zerg is too prevalent, and provides too much of a comfort zone for people willing to participate in this regularly. It’s an extremely casual game that lacks any sort of competitive environment, so it’s easy for me to see why we’re such a rare breed. It’s not easy to do, and runs a much higher risk of dying, which a lot of people just don’t handle well in this game. Not criticizing people for not wanting to do it, just wish more did.

I don’t care if people duel, I just find it a mind-numbing experience. Like every other MMO out there, this game is not balanced around 1v1 in the slightest. You can almost pick the winner of a duel purely based on spec/class combinations in comparison to who they are fighting. I think it’s a great way to test out mechanics of what you’re playing, and playing against, but I think that’s about where it ends. When I’m on my Mesmer I know that I literally cannot lose to most classes/specs purely based on what I’m playing. Now, being a good player helps, but it doesn’t prove anything to anyone. If I kill someone solo, it’s not a rewarding experience for me because no matter the skill of the other player, the mechanics of my class versus theirs makes it an unfair fight in my advantage, and that’s how most duels are.

There isn’t a “right” way to play. We have our preferred style of play and we’re going to keep doing it. I wish more people would participate in it, but I know it’s not likely to happen and I’m not going to get upset about it.

FC/ET/HoD 6/14

in Match-ups

sioux.1653

Let us play and be merry

Attachments:

Eredon Terrace

FC/ET/HoD 6/14

in Match-ups

Skarloc.2569

I really don’t care whether you can beat moobs 1v1 or not, if you can good for you for proving him wrong in-game.
There is no need to flatter yourself thinking we would need a dedicated team to beat you guys, because we don’t i’ve seen it happen and the numbers were pretty equal.
And not saying you havent, but i’d like to see a video of PAXA going against 30 FC.

I would welcome a team of GWTD to fight us, if you would like to make this happen.

FC/ET/HoD 6/14

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hematuria.4051

Hematuria.4051

You act as if a sensible debate occurred here and that I need to respond with a convincing argument. What actually happened is someone cried on the forums, yet again, and made senseless comments out of the blue because they’re upset. What exactly is the convincing argument that I need to be making here?

Ignorant statements are such because there’s not a lot of thought, or sense, to begin with, so sarcasm seems to be an appropriate response.

How do you know it was an ignorant statement? Because you didn’t like it doesn’t make it ignorant, just unpopular. He probably exaggerated with the 15 minute thing, but he might be spot-on with the rest. I’ve only ever seen groups of PAXA attack solo roamers. Doesn’t mean that they only do that, but if I make that comment it might not be popular, but it is accurate from my experiences.

FC/ET/HoD 6/14

in Match-ups

Samhaim.8956

I would welcome a team of GWTD to fight us, if you would like to make this happen.

Sorry to disappoint you but i’m not a group player, and i don’t like arranged fights, if i find your group on the field i’ll fight you but i’ll most likely be on my own.
The reason people commented on what you said is simply because this isnt a thread about PAXA vs Moobs, and i know he started it but if you didnt want anyone to comment on your response to him you should’ve just sent him a PM instead of posting it here, either way it doesn’t matter anymore.
And no there was no bitterness in my question, just sarcasm ;]

Samhaiim ~ Thief

(edited by Samhaim.8956)

FC/ET/HoD 6/14

in Match-ups

Ynot.8397

There is a significant lack of fight night people! Come on down!

FC/ET/HoD 6/14

in Match-ups

Skarloc.2569

How do you know it was an ignorant statement? Because you didn’t like it doesn’t make it ignorant, just unpopular. He probably exaggerated with the 15 minute thing, but he might be spot-on with the rest. I’ve only ever seen groups of PAXA attack solo roamers. Doesn’t mean that they only do that, but if I make that comment it might not be popular, but it is accurate from my experiences.

I see what you’re saying, and it certainly has merit. It would be one thing if it were to be someone random making a statement about how a fight went, but in this case it’s someone who’s openly taken shots at us in the past, and has done so again here. He’s making an exaggerated statement of fact, something you yourself even noticed, about exactly how we play. If he wanted to go into detail of how we fight, or offered specific instances to give an accurate portrayal, that would be one thing. Instead, he offers an overly exaggerated comment that we use a 15 minute duration of immobilize to 5v1 him. That, is an ignorant statement.

As you say, from your prospective as a solo roamer you only see us killing solo roamers. A possible conclusion to this could lead you to believe that it’s the only thing we do. If you were to make that statement, you would do so knowing that it’s possible we fight groups larger than just yourself. Given the resources you have around you, like videos, the forums, people from your guild/server, you could easily gather information to make a more informed statement. So when someone goes to the forums and says “All I see PAXA do is kill solo roamers”, for a very literal sense of the sentence, there could be a guy who has been killed by us who feels this way. This would have to be their only experience with us, and could not have witnessed us killing anyone else in the area.

However, it still makes it an ignorant statement, as they are unaware, uninformed, and uneducated of what really goes on, which is the definition of ignorance. So while they may truly believe what they have seen, it’s still ignorant as a solo roamer, the absolute smallest WvW population in the game, to believe that’s the only thing we do. You simply wouldn’t be in a good position to make that kind of statement. Your awareness of the situation would be lacking, to put it nicely.

(edited by Skarloc.2569)

FC/ET/HoD 6/14

in Match-ups

insanemaniac.2456

I see what you’re saying, and it certainly has merit. It would be one thing if it were to be someone random making a statement about how a fight went, but in this case it’s someone who’s openly taken shots at us in the past, and has done so again here. He’s making an exaggerated statement of fact, something you yourself even noticed, about exactly how we play. If he wanted to go into detail of how we fight, or offered specific instances to give an accurate portrayal, that would be one thing. Instead, he offers an overly exaggerated comment that we use a 15 minute duration of immobilize to 5v1 him. That, is an ignorant statement.

As you say, from your prospective as a solo roamer you only see us killing solo roamers. A possible conclusion to this could lead you to believe that it’s the only thing we do. If you were to make that statement, you would do so knowing that it’s possible we fight groups larger than just yourself. Given the resources you have around you, like videos, the forums, people from your guild/server, you could easily gather information to make a more informed statement. So when someone goes to the forums and says “All I see PAXA do is kill solo roamers”, for a very literal sense of the sentence, there could be a guy who has been killed by us who feels this way. This would have to be their only experience with us, and could not have witnessed us killing anyone else in the area.

However, it still makes it an ignorant statement, as they are unaware, uninformed, and uneducated of what really goes on, which is the definition of ignorance. So while they may truly believe what they have seen, it’s still ignorant as a solo roamer, the absolute smallest WvW population in the game, to believe that’s the only thing we do. You simply wouldn’t be in a good position to make that kind of statement. Your awareness of the situation would be lacking, to put it nicely.

so why bother making long, bitterly sarcastic posts that attack the intelligence of the whiner instead of just saying “silly ignoramus” and moving on? it isnt worth your time. you have whiners and braggarts to kill.

FC/ET/HoD 6/14

in Match-ups

Posted by: katz.8376

katz.8376

phht. i earned myself half a week of getting danced/jumped/sat on by PAXA (and due to guild friendships, KoM also) just for saying PAXA was annoying and that i wasn’t all that impressed by their 5 guys killing 1.

i don’t hate em. i ain’t mad they kill me. crap happens. it’s a game where we kill each other. duh. but PAXA is really good at killing solos really fast, so it’s annoying to get caught by them. meh. >shrug<

Druids of Dhuum [DoD]|Rally Bait [RALY]
~o hai there :D~ LONG LIVE ET

FC/ET/HoD 6/14

in Match-ups

Posted by: wyther.8372

wyther.8372

Heh, people from ET and ferg still play WvW?

Gilkin – Ex Commander for ET server

FC/ET/HoD 6/14

in Match-ups

katz.8376

sure do. every night. i even command sometimes.

FC/ET/HoD 6/14

in Match-ups

HatasGunnaHate.3627

BOLD = LOL’D

Attachments:

[VR] Kyytia

FC/ET/HoD 6/14

in Match-ups

Jscull.2514

You will most certainly need a dedicated team to compete with us under 7-8 players.

PAXA -GM

FC/ET/HoD 6/14

in Match-ups

HatasGunnaHate.3627

You will most certainly need a dedicated team to compete with us under 7-8 players.

I don’t even like PAXA
I have to agree with Jscull.

[VR] Kyytia

FC/ET/HoD 6/14

in Match-ups

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Well, well … guess you HoDdies like us that much, eh? Welcome back

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

FC/ET/HoD 6/14

in Match-ups

katz.8376

i’m afraid i’m gonna have to agree too. if you don’t outnumber PAXA, you need to be very focused on VERY tight small group tactics and player killing as fast as humanly possible

FC/ET/HoD 6/14

in Match-ups

Posted by: osif.8673

osif.8673

I don’t even like PAXA

That hurts my feelings.
Both of your statements.

Miller Time – 80 Sylvari Mesmer
Not Just A Goodtime – 80 Asura Warrior
[PAXA]

FC/ET/HoD 6/14

in Match-ups

Posted by: Petezahut.3068

Petezahut.3068

i’m afraid i’m gonna have to agree too. if you don’t outnumber PAXA, you need to be very focused on VERY tight small group tactics and player killing as fast as humanly possible

no just run moar guards

FC/ET/HoD 6/14

in Match-ups

Posted by: obastable.5231

obastable.5231

PAXA smells funny.

i feel cool now.

Hello Kitty Krewe
“Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare!”

FC/ET/HoD 6/14

in Match-ups

HatasGunnaHate.3627

I don’t even like PAXA

That hurts my feelings.
Both of your statements.

It’s only because I play on DR ( a member of VP AKA the best WvW guild in all of gw2)
Check out our totally awesome videos on youtube where we take on 80 BP and 80 man HoD zergs in a tower with only 79 DR, a choke point and some AC’s!

[VR] Kyytia

FC/ET/HoD 6/14

in Match-ups

Posted by: Azaruil.3406

Azaruil.3406

no just run moar guards

Or necros to counter their guards.

Aza
“I smell like pomegranate.”

FC/ET/HoD 6/14

in Match-ups

HatasGunnaHate.3627

no just run moar guards

^ like Xomox. He always hurts me. Evil bald man. <3

Score update? <— For on topic reasons. No derailments!

[VR] Kyytia

FC/ET/HoD 6/14

in Match-ups

Posted by: KyoHanakaze.8145

KyoHanakaze.8145

As per request.

Attachments:

HoD/Valkyria Immortalis[VLK]
Iverna//Ranger
Adrienne Stormborn//Elementalist

FC/ET/HoD 6/14

in Match-ups

Posted by: Devon.9061

Devon.9061

Before this thread becomes a PAXA hate thread because neither side is mature enough to avoid conflict in a video game. I would like to remind you guys of the official PAXA forums http://eredonterrace.enjin.com/forum/m/11529470/viewthread/7140316-well-looks-like-paxa-won-forum-war

Thank You
-Everyone else in this thread

Last Forum Account Left.
Yo mama jokes to stronk.
Forum Mods to weak.

FC/ET/HoD 6/14

in Match-ups

Ynot.8397

I’d like to thank everyone who came to fight club, especially the mesmers who kicked my kitten . Thanks for that!

FC/ET/HoD 6/14

in Match-ups

sioux.1653

Before this thread becomes a PAXA hate thread because neither side is mature enough to avoid conflict in a video game. I would like to remind you guys of the official PAXA forums http://eredonterrace.enjin.com/forum/m/11529470/viewthread/7140316-well-looks-like-paxa-won-forum-war

Thank You

I don’t know if it’s funny or sad that all of the people posting in that thread have left ET for one reason or other.

Eredon Terrace

FC/ET/HoD 6/14

in Match-ups

osif.8673

All your forum are belong to PAXA.

[PAXA]

FC/ET/HoD 6/14

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hematuria.4051

Hematuria.4051

Thank You

The little kid on that thread who sent the “get cancer and die” post sent the same one to me. Considering that statistically 50% of people end up with cancer, I’m gonna bet irony will set in in a few years.

FC/ET/HoD 6/14

in Match-ups

HatasGunnaHate.3627

Thank You

The little kid on that thread who sent the “get cancer and die” post sent the same one to me. Considering that statistically 50% of people end up with cancer, I’m gonna bet irony will set in in a few years.

The point is to hit them where it hurts and it works like a charm The shock value alone just shuts them down.

[VR] Kyytia

FC/ET/HoD 6/14

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

no just run moar guards

^ like Xomox. He always hurts me. Evil bald man. <3

Score update? <— For on topic reasons. No derailments!

Hush… necros do nothing ignore us.

Attachments:

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

FC/ET/HoD 6/14

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

Thank You

I don’t know if it’s funny or sad that all of the people posting in that thread have left ET for one reason or other.

I quit those forums, but I’m still with ET. <3 you guys too much.

FC/ET/HoD 6/14

in Match-ups

katz.8376

first FilthyRat was behind the times with his misguided bounty, and now Devon posting a dead thread. (may as well delete your bookmark, dude)

just an FYI everyone...Ungood no longer plays GW2. he quit the game and uninstalled 2 weeks ago, and does not plan on returning. for those of you who liked him who may not have heard this news, he bids you farewell, for those of you who hated him... he doesn’t care.

and Bluebell, i think it’s funny, AND sad.

ah well

FC/ET/HoD 6/14

in Match-ups

Posted by: Parktou.4263

Parktou.4263

So thanks to the HoD matchup our forum sucks again. I think we all can agree that PAXA members are to thank for this as they can’t seem to keep their stuff in line. Before anyone has something to say to me, just know that I’m not gonna come back and read it so I’ll just leave you with this….

P.S. We should have fight night every night, stop setting a day of the week and just have it start at 8 est every night, so no one misses out completely.

Attachments:

Shocking Shorty-Asura Tempest | Magnificent Mike-Troll Warrior | Lockpick Louie- Human Daredevil
Fabio Feline- Charr DH | Viktor Virtuoso-Norn Reaper | Pocket Prestige-Asura Chrono
Killer Kasserole-Plant Druid | Frankie Feline-Cat Scrapper | Felix Feline-Charr Herald

FC/ET/HoD 6/14

in Match-ups

Posted by: jbondo.9817

jbondo.9817

I love PAXA!

Complaining about in game death makes you look like a kitten.

Dusty Dawg

FC/ET/HoD 6/14

in Match-ups

katz.8376

here. Devon can update his link now, and hopefully we can all have a LOL.

http://eredonterrace.enjin.com/forum/m/11529470/viewthread/7457549-official-unofficial-paxa-hate-thread/page/1

cuz this kitten is getting old.

and as requested... score update... with a side of sexy

Attachments:

FC/ET/HoD 6/14

in Match-ups

osif.8673

here. Devon can update his link now, and hopefully we can all have a LOL.

http://eredonterrace.enjin.com/forum/m/11529470/viewthread/7457549-official-unofficial-paxa-hate-thread/page/1

cuz this kitten is getting old.

and as requested… score update… with a side of sexy

[PAXA]