Gate of Sadness/Eredon Basement/Anvil Paper

in Match-ups

Posted by: Crunk n monkey.3749

Crunk n monkey.3749

Our victory dance from last night.

To see the dolyak party. Start at the 43 min part and enjoy the show.

http://www.twitch.tv/komvendetta/b/481126127

Ascended Phoenix [ASH] – Gates of Madness

in Match-ups

Posted by: Narcin Roc.3018

Narcin Roc.3018

GoM… us here on anvil would like a 5 minute breather in between your attempts at bay and EB keep please

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ganking.2089

Ganking.2089

Haha very nice. For the record though, when you hit us at veloka we were in so much shock that we didn’t even try to fight back. I honestly just didn’t know what to do seeing all those dolyaks, and I didn’t really want to kill you and ruin the fun. I kinda felt bad lol. I just told everyone to run and waypoint back.

Anvil Rock Faithful ~ TFH – The Fluttering Horde
Parashadow (Mesmer)
WvW Mesmer Commander

(edited by Ganking.2089)

in Match-ups

Posted by: atonyeson.2864

atonyeson.2864

Good work et taking all of goms keeps.

Server: eb, nsp, et, fc, hod, gom, sor, bg, tc, ioj, ar, dr, bp, dh, kn, hod, sos
Guild tbt [allergic to grapes]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Crunk n monkey.3749

Crunk n monkey.3749

Haha very nice. For the record though, when you hit us at veloka we were in so much shock that we didn’t even try to fight back. I honestly just didn’t know what to do seeing all those dolyaks, and I didn’t really want to kill you and ruin the fun. I kinda felt bad lol. I just told everyone to run and waypoint back.

Yea, we were wondering why you guys were backing up. Then we were hit with Barrage or an AC. We pushed out again and run into a wall and thought “Crap we are gonna wipe, we are all stacked up.”

Ascended Phoenix [ASH] – Gates of Madness

in Match-ups

Posted by: Opc.4718

Opc.4718

Ar so bad, 15+ wiped by 4 in open field..

ET/GoM so bad, 9000+ wiped by me in open field..

See I can do it too, and do it better c:

OVER NINE THOUSANDS?! This can’t be… Your kill count must be broken.

After a while, the enemies just become more dots, and MOAR DOTS. Your perception then twists and you reach a peculiar zen like state, floating through the crowd of red to something that is almost, but not quite, like slow motion. Individual targets cease to matter, and everything blurs together into a single cohesive enemy; the blob. Sophisticated strategizing ceases to function, and all brain activity is narrowed down to pure reflex and muscle memory. Each moment you continue to survive is parsed by your subconscious into moments of stunning clarity. You stay alive by the power of your sheer will.

tl;dr fighting zergs at 1fps and winning because #1 spam is OP. Also, cleric guardians outheal everything.

Kehlirixx Q | Nixx Q | Classic Bunker

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

tl;dr fighting zergs at 1fps and winning because #1 spam is OP. Also, cleric guardians outheal everything.

I disagree… I can outheal a cleric guardian on my magi guardian.

I can also outrun a centaur.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in Match-ups

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

uh, they give the same amount of healing power. Cleric guard would be tankier though.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

Go spoil someone else willya?

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in Match-ups

K U T M.4539

Go spoil someone else willya?

no i love you kawa

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in Match-ups

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

uh, they give the same amount of healing power. Cleric guard would be tankier though.

In some situations, magi gets to heal dodge more through the more frequent crit vigor procs.

Gate of Madness

in Match-ups

Posted by: Colt.9051

Colt.9051

In some situations, magi gets to heal dodge more through the more frequent crit vigor procs.

I imagine it’d hit like a wet blanket tho… what with having next to no way to deal damage anways… =/ Doesn’t seem very practical of a stat set for guardians.

Daeaera ~ Leader of Grape Justice! [FGJ]

in Match-ups

Posted by: bokunocarrie.7215

bokunocarrie.7215

Wow, I’m gone for a week and there’s so much smack talk on here.

blackgate #FHDFriday

in Match-ups

K U T M.4539

I imagine it’d hit like a wet blanket tho… what with having next to no way to deal damage anways… =/ Doesn’t seem very practical of a stat set for guardians.

The only practical stat set is zerkers.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in Match-ups

Posted by: doublebb.6574

doublebb.6574

Last Reminder for Fight Club
Fight Club Starts in 1 Hour From Now (7pm eastern time)
It Will Be Behind GoM’s windmill at south camp
Hope to see lots of people there!

| Kyroen~Sylv Thief | Resliana Oryk~Norn Warr |
| Im Dying Im Dying~Sylv Mesmer (in progress)| Oh Wait Im Fine Nvm~Norn Necro (in progress) |
Gate of Madness~Proud Officer of [ASH]

in Match-ups

styx.7294

Full magi is probably really bad, haha. Full cleric’s though can probably be improved on with magi pieces as well as others. Like a lot of things, I’d say the way of forward is murky and full of trade offs. At least recently I started to think about introducin magi pieces (Incomingray’s influence really) but there’s none to be had at the ascended level.

Gate of Madness

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mariticide.1970

Mariticide.1970

I wish I could go, curse you evening librarian shift!

Mariticide – Anvil Rock
Guardian – [KAOS] – Killing as Organized Sport
Personal Guild – [BOOK] – Librarians Anonymous

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

It is… You may not be able to kill people but you’ll bore them to death.

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

And it’s up!

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

That was one slow fight night…

in Match-ups

Posted by: thhoj.9382

thhoj.9382

That was one slow fight night…

Was too early for me. Can we have another one in like 4-5hrs from now if any1 wants?

Afflictionate [FAP]- thief
Compassionate [FAP]- guard
Gate Of Madness

in Match-ups

Posted by: Oddball.7128

Oddball.7128

Im not one to moan on here but I found this such a sad cheap move I thought the GoM community should see it and make their own minds up about it. We got our EB keep back and a GoM[vox] Mesmer lets themselves die by the portal so his guildies can exploit and try res from outside to presumably port a larger group in.

Needless to say two of his guildies come, die in their attempts and both lie there waiting for more to come over and res. Being a bit stubborn we built fail siege and waited it out till they respawned about 30 mins later.

GoM youre more than capable of taking our keep if you really want to, especially when its now paper. This is not a dig at your whole community cause you have some great players and I have had some very good fights roaming versus you. But seriously this is cheap and ill let you do with it what ever you like, just thought you should know. Attached are screen shots, first being the Mesmer, second is a guardian and last is an upscaled necro all from [vox].

Tinker Titch
ET Roaming Engi

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

We had a nice fight trying to hold GoM hills last night… Too bad our 6 man crew couldn’t stop the 25+ GoM zerg. But my omega made you have to change your mind 3 times before you could finally break on inner. I broke your rams, your first cata, your second gate atempt and ALMOST got your second cata (I got zerged, lulz).

On another topic: Will we have a fight night today? Yesterday fight night was terribad…

in Match-ups

K U T M.4539

We had a nice fight trying to hold GoM hills last night… Too bad our 6 man crew couldn’t stop the 25+ GoM zerg. But my omega made you have to change your mind 3 times before you could finally break on inner. I broke your rams, your first cata, your second gate atempt and ALMOST got your second cata (I got zerged, lulz).

On another topic: Will we have a fight night today? Yesterday fight night was terribad…

GoM’s in this matchup, so probably not.

Wait that doesn’t make sense, GoM was the only one who showed last night

GoM’s AR’s in this matchup, so probably not.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

The situation was so bad we had to do a pug team to fight a 4v4 with ASH…

in Match-ups

styx.7294

Im not one to moan on here but I found this such a sad cheap move I thought the GoM community should see it and make their own minds up about it. We got our EB keep back and a GoM[vox] Mesmer lets themselves die by the portal so his guildies can exploit and try res from outside to presumably port a larger group in.

Needless to say two of his guildies come, die in their attempts and both lie there waiting for more to come over and res. Being a bit stubborn we built fail siege and waited it out till they respawned about 30 mins later.

GoM youre more than capable of taking our keep if you really want to, especially when its now paper. This is not a dig at your whole community cause you have some great players and I have had some very good fights roaming versus you. But seriously this is cheap and ill let you do with it what ever you like, just thought you should know. Attached are screen shots, first being the Mesmer, second is a guardian and last is an upscaled necro all from [vox].

Tinker Titch
ET Roaming Engi

vox is a PvE only guild, they only ventured into WvW when leagues started and so I wouldn’t expect their members know what they shouldn’t do. I don’t know anyone in there personally but I will bring it up in the meeting tomorrow and get someone in contact with their guild leader and let him know that’s not what is good for WvW or the server and to stop doing that.

I make no promises about other people’s behaviour, report people you see exploiting.

Gate of Madness

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

It’s funny that a PvE guild already know about WvW exploits… Maybe someone is teaching bad manners to the kids huh?

in Match-ups

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

It’s funny that a PvE guild already know about WvW exploits… Maybe someone is teaching bad manners to the kids huh?

The irony is that they probably learned it from certain guilds on ET two weeks ago, when they did it to us over and over and over…
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/matchups/Deckard-Kaineng-Gate-of-SPARTA-Eredar-Terrace/first

As you can see from that thread, the other guilds and I argued against exploiting strongly (perhaps a little too strongly on my part… it really kittenes me off). WAY back in the day, GoM got a bad rep because there were a lot of hackers on our server. Ever since, we have been very much against hacking and exploiting.

[vox] is a large primarily PvE guild, although many [vox] members WvW regularly. They are good people, and I’m sure the guild leadership is not on board with this. Like Styx said, we will talk to them and get it straightened out.

Also, many thanks to Oddball for bringing this to our attention, and for not blaming the whole server for it!

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

in Match-ups

styx.7294

What? You think that I’m going out showing the fresh faces in WvW how to exploit through doors? Is that what you’re saying? I’m not offended that you’re wrong but I am a lil’ disappointed and sad that you that’s what you think of me and the rest of my server.

Look, we’ve been at this a long time that I figured we’re all friends here of a sort. I wouldn’t say something like that about Eredon’s Terrace folk.

Gate of Madness

in Match-ups

Posted by: GenerationX.9178

GenerationX.9178

To the ET in ET BL, EC guild had some fun fights and had fun over all. GG

Generation [ RH ] [ EC ]

in Match-ups

Posted by: vdontev.7084

vdontev.7084

I came to the the conclusion that AR doesn’t have many skilled players, do they? They will fight when its a 2v1 and run with their buddy dies!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Faranox.4217

Faranox.4217

I came to the the conclusion that AR doesn’t have many skilled players, do they? They will fight when its a 2v1 and run with their buddy dies!

Blanket statements, OUR ONLY WEAKNESS!!
D:

Chops Mcgee, of Anvil Rock

in Match-ups

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

On AR, when we want to fight, we go to actual pvp where things are closer to balanced (even for 1v1’s). Food, some runes, and even some traits are a bit ridiculous that can be abused in wvw.

in Match-ups

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

On AR, when we want to fight, we go to actual pvp where things are closer to balanced (even for 1v1’s). Food, some runes, and even some traits are a bit ridiculous that can be abused in wvw.

There is no pvp in this game. There are only circles and circles with destructible walls. :/

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

There is no pvp in this game. There are only circles and circles with destructible walls. :/

+1 to the truth

But don’t forget there are some squares (instead of circles) on the FailBloodlust zone.

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

What? You think that I’m going out showing the fresh faces in WvW how to exploit through doors? Is that what you’re saying? I’m not offended that you’re wrong but I am a lil’ disappointed and sad that you that’s what you think of me and the rest of my server.

Look, we’ve been at this a long time that I figured we’re all friends here of a sort. I wouldn’t say something like that about Eredon’s Terrace folk.

I never said that… But people don’t just figure exploits by going in the WvW for the first time. My point is that someone did showed these people the exploit, and they tried it.

Maybe titanlectro is right and they learned because of the high ammount of discussion over this topic on GoM/Kain/ET matchup. That only show that bringing this topic to the forum is counter-productive and problably even worse than that.

At any rate the problem should be dealt with. We’ll deal with ours and you deal with yours.

in Match-ups

K U T M.4539

Forum nonsense aside, this week was pretty sweet. Met a lot of cool people from AR and GoM, had some great small scale fights, and somehow managed to not lag in the one SM fight I took part in.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

I had the most fun in EB tonight. GoM, thanks for fighting forever between SMC and ET Keep. There was too much siege on both sides for my taste in supposedly “open field” fighting but still very fun.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

in Match-ups

Posted by: Opc.4718

Opc.4718

[Grammatically correct] correction:

I’ve come to the conclusion that GoM/ET don’t have many skilled players. They will fight me when it’s a 9000+v1 and fail hard. They won’t even be able to run after I’m done with them!

There, I’ve just conclusively proven you wrong – because I’m clearly a skilled player, and that must mean everyone on my server is pro. My awesomeness spreads by diffusion.

Kehlirixx Q | Nixx Q | Classic Bunker

in Match-ups

Posted by: SniffyCube.6107

SniffyCube.6107

Thank you everyone that participated against us and a few others on GoM bl tonight. We had a lot of fun @ garrison as well as @ hills and cliffside. I thought we were going to paint the whole thing green until you guys showed up with some major bodies.

Hope everyone had a great time – it was a pleasure.

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

in Match-ups

Posted by: JKFlipFlop.7123

JKFlipFlop.7123

Fun week everyone. Got to chill with my gommies again and talk with some old friends. Nice fights all around for the most part. Still sad I guild creation capped myself and couldn’t make a fake [BS] guild this week. Maybe next time, Heh

I Am Harmfull – [WHO] ex tM/XOXO
Roamer and Troll
GoM→NSP→AR→NSP→GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Skosh.1483

Skosh.1483

Nice fights last night in Eb between ET and GoM

Warrior/Ele/Necro – DR

in Match-ups

Fun week everyone. Got to chill with my gommies again and talk with some old friends. Nice fights all around for the most part. Still sad I guild creation capped myself and couldn’t make a fake [BS] guild this week. Maybe next time, Heh

Yes! Do it!

Maguuma
#allisvain

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mugo.5723

Mugo.5723

This week was another improvement on AR. Our lowest point tick was at 115 and that was a few hours after reset. AR ticked over 300 on a couple overnights so we are stepping up our night capping as well. We got 2nd by playing tough defense. We still have yet to lose Garrison this week and I think we only lost Hills once. So things are looking up on our end. PTT talk is boring but when you get the majority of your server thinking PTT you get sound overall wvw play.

I have noticed we don’t overextend our coverage until we know we can. When we do the TS commander usually has an eye on the things we already hold. I know it’s hard to take criticism when you have 1st locked in but GoM is just about as stubborn on offense as we are on defense. Mostly giving up large chunks of real estate while they would spin their wheels on towers. I remember one night we had 90% of your BL green and you still wanted Aldon’s not to mention ET was doing work in your eternal sector. After about 1hr you got it but in the process had everything in your bl wooden. The trade-off was not worth it imo.

Manvil Rock Commander Riem Gren [MAN]

in Match-ups

Reaction to PPT Talk: “Zzzzzzzz”

Maguuma
#allisvain

in Match-ups

JKFlipFlop.7123

Yes! Do it!

If we are against ET again tonight after reset I definitely will, but 3 weeks in a row against ET is unlikely. My 2 guild creations this upcoming week will be reserved for the guilds on the opposing servers I want to troll the most.

Also a shame I never ran into you or Xom this week. But I did manage to stomp all the BS I could find, outside of duels and getting 5v1d.

Roamer and Troll
GoM→NSP→AR→NSP→GoM

(edited by JKFlipFlop.7123)

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

GoM Overlook and AR Garrison are the only keep that weren’t flipped this week.

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

If we are against ET again tonight after reset I definitely will, but 3 weeks in a row against ET is unlikely. My 2 guild creations this upcoming week will be reserved for the guilds on the opposing servers I want to troll the most.

Also a shame I never ran into you or Xom this week. But I did manage to stomp all the BS I could find, outside of duels and getting 5v1d.

ET will get SF/Kain, while GoM will get FC/HoD.

in Match-ups

JKFlipFlop.7123

ET will get SF/Kain, while GoM will get FC/HoD.

Well I am on none of those servers. So AR will get DR/DH?

Roamer and Troll
GoM→NSP→AR→NSP→GoM

in Match-ups

K U T M.4539

Yes! Do it!

Xom quit a while ago.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag