Q: 10/18: BP/YB/EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Loken.9724

Loken.9724

I hope YB and EB keep pounding on BP. Its really dropped A LOT of the kittening terrible PVE scum that have thought it a good idea to come into wvw. Reset was nearly unplayable with the lag and terrible pugs trying to follow people around who had no want or need for them. In my opinion you guys are doing us a big favor.

Please keep it up.

Alaric the Sic level 3 guard
Founder of [SIC] and Commander.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV6azSCyyjhrcNy2WAGKm7w?feature=mhee

in Match-ups

Posted by: Boreal.9826

Boreal.9826

I hope YB and EB keep pounding on BP. Its really dropped A LOT of the kittening terrible PVE scum that have thought it a good idea to come into wvw. Reset was nearly unplayable with the lag and terrible pugs trying to follow people around who had no want or need for them. In my opinion you guys are doing us a big favor.

Please keep it up.

Maybe if you welcomed and mentored your PvEers rather than disparage and act elitist towards them, things would be going better? Just a thought.

in Match-ups

Posted by: nothing.7941

nothing.7941

at least in the forums.

exactly, that’s forums

Martin Firestorm, Borlis Pass
Gaile Gray wrote:
Oh wait, read Martin Firestorm, he says it better…

in Match-ups

Boreal.9826

at least in the forums.

exactly, that’s forums

These forums, and the borlis pass forum front page including comments from commanders about double teaming, your BL being bugged, blah blah.

Surely, you can understand why someone might form that opinion.

in Match-ups

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

2. There isn’t a single member of SoCo who hasn’t learned some good ish from the great thinkers on YB.

Yep, it’s an original strategy. Throw more numbers at it

Those aren’t even big zergs. Yap yap yap.

Yeah, about that…>.>

Attachments:

Whispers with meat.

in Match-ups

Loken.9724

Please keep it up.

Maybe if you welcomed and mentored your PvEers rather than disparage and act elitist towards them, things would be going better? Just a thought.

better for who? I prefer they stay in PVE so we don’t have to deal with queues or lag. So as i was saying. tag teaming us is just doing BP a favor (atleast from the wvw guilds POV), scare them away so people like us don’t have to find interesting ways to get them killed to remove them from our groups.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

People saying this matchup is awful I feel sorry for. They probably won’t have much fun in leagues at all. Because this is actually going to be one of the closer matchups. Yaks has some numbers off peak, but main NA times its more even than most weeks are going to be. And 2 and 3 are very close in this match.

The key is to embrace and train up all the PVE folks coming in for their achievements. To get them to have some fun and hang around even after that stuff is done, as many have never done WvW in a real way. If they are left out or berated, they will just quit or never come back and you will be at a disadvantage vs servers that are welcoming these people in to the mix.

in Match-ups

Posted by: skeet.1390

skeet.1390

Please keep it up.

I’ve literally never +1’d anything on this forum. But this has earned one without a doubt.

They will be here regardless. We could learn a thing or two from Yaks about planning and coordinating since they’ve done an exceptional job with it.

Zoe Whiplash
[BanG]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shaymi.9124

Shaymi.9124

2. There isn’t a single member of SoCo who hasn’t learned some good ish from the great thinkers on YB.

Yeah, about that…>.>

You call that a zerg?

We’ll show you a real zerg >:)

-Love FA

Ele/Necro[APS] – Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

nothing.7941

at least in the forums.

exactly, that’s forums

These forums, and the borlis pass forum front page including comments from commanders about double teaming, your BL being bugged, blah blah.

Surely, you can understand why someone might form that opinion.

Sure I can. But forum comments don’t tell you much about the server. And our BL was bugged last week (constant DC’s), and if you look in the wvw discussion forum here you’ll see a thread with many servers complaining about bugged queues and Devon making a difficult to interpret response which seems to acknowledge it.

Double teaming? There are a lot of takes on that. I’ve seem some evidence of it, at other times not so much. Some of it is sour grapes because we’re losing. It’s not real sporting if it’s happening, but it’s also not inconsistent with the 3 way war format. It would happen at times in real life war. We did it with AR against Ebay one week months ago. I think most of us accept it in this match if it’s happening. Our far bigger problem is YB’s huge numbers, which caught us off guard because y’all did not have that last time we were matched. Bottom line is we have to win the PPT battle to improve our rank regardless of what gets thrown at us.

Gaile Gray wrote:

(edited by nothing.7941)

in Match-ups

Posted by: grabemx.9836

grabemx.9836

Please keep it up.

I’ve literally never +1’d anything on this forum. But this has earned one without a doubt.

They will be here regardless. We could learn a thing or two from Yaks about planning and coordinating since they’ve done an exceptional job with it.

OMG YB zergs everything!!! I am serious and have proof. I was in 7-11 today and I tried to get to the slurpee machine, and there they were all 150 of them. I had to settle for a diet coke.

The good news is I got to build my own hot dog, since that side of the store was empty.

Grabemx – Worst Necro NA
[SIC] – Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: kbenton.4915

kbenton.4915

In the end, my lootbags will probably make up for whatever the winner of silver league gets.

YB probably owns 90% of the siege market as they place it EVERYWHERE. Without it, you’d lagg out your waypoints with so many dead bodies. It’s a shame that you have triple the numbers of us in plenty of fights. And it’s still even.

Ebay are like the lap dogs of YB. Nothing new there. Anytime they can pick on the more superior BP, they will.

Go for it all, Yak’s Bandwagon! I’ll watch close when you face SBI.

Thank you Ethan! I’m glad our match up will be entertaining for you. It will be interesting to me to see how we will do against the top prospect of our league, and a server who could have been in gold league. I’ll also watch you close when you play them to show you guys support since you will be showing us some. Also, thanks for coming out and showing your enthusiasm for wvw leagues. It’s been a lovely battle this week.

Yak’s Bend Thief (P/D) [HvC]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lina.9640

Lina.9640

You call that a zerg?

-Love FA

Are you…are you bragging about a lack of skill?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shaymi.9124

Shaymi.9124

You call that a zerg?

-Love FA

Are you…are you bragging about a lack of skill?

Well, I guess since zergs indicate a lack of skill, then clearly anvil rock is the most skilled server. lol

Ele/Necro[APS] – Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

nothing.7941

FA lovin on this thread.

Gaile Gray wrote:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

No use. You’re responding to someone who has already been there, done that, and has little interest in doing that again. It would be more constructive to encourage those who actually have the interest to do as you suggest.

Moreover, if you are a PvE-er who finds themselves resembling the remark, my suggestion would be to join a WvW guild and fulfill your willingness to learn.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

(edited by Chaba.5410)

in Match-ups

Boreal.9826

No use. You’re responding to someone who has already been there, done that, and has little interest in doing that again. It would be more constructive to encourage those who actually have the interest to do as you suggest.

Moreover, if you are a PvE-er who finds themselves resembling the remark, my suggestion would be to join a WvW guild and fulfill your willingness to learn.

PvE? LOL I can’t stand it and I have a hard enough time finishing my dailies. I haven’t done any dungeons in months.

Since you asked, I’m in a WvW guild. I think we are quite decent at what we do, and are always trying to improve. We tag up often and attempt to help out and offer suggestions to those that follow us.

Since we’re in this with the rest of our server, I would much rather try to work together with them than to try and remain on an elitist island.

I suppose we just see things differently.

in Match-ups

Posted by: RoChan.1926

RoChan.1926

Please keep it up.

better for who? I prefer they stay in PVE so we don’t have to deal with queues or lag. So as i was saying. tag teaming us is just doing BP a favor (atleast from the wvw guilds POV), scare them away so people like us don’t have to find interesting ways to get them killed to remove them from our groups.

You’re right! No wonder we’re winning by such a wide margin! Whoever thought that treating your greenies with patience and respect would ever get them to rally behind your cause is an idiot! Let’s hope you loose more bodies! That way when it’s just you and your winkie you can have the most awesome time ever! <3

Optee Kaal Allusion | The Evil Empire
[TRY][POV]
“Kitten the yaks, so persistent about everything.” -Ebay

in Match-ups

Posted by: nikkistar.1409

nikkistar.1409

If some of you BP players are complaining THIS much about YB’s zergs, I hate to see how much you guys will when you go up against SBI and FA….

[Yak’s Bend] [BV] Blackwater ‘Buttwater’ Vanguard – Leader
Ele/Nanumee – Mez/Boba Bunny – Thief/Star Shadowfang

in Match-ups

Chaba.5410

Since we’re in this with the rest of our server, I would much rather try to work together with them than to try and remain on an elitist island.

I suppose we just see things differently.

It’s so simple then. You do what you want to do and we’ll do what we want to do. Problem solved.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fly.4958

Fly.4958

The struggle is real.

More Tequila
Less Pants
Shameful Display

in Match-ups

Posted by: Yodaman.3274

Yodaman.3274

Outside looking in, I’m surprised at the results, but in terms of Alaric’s comment I’m even more surprised he hasn’t ate several pugs’ hearts yet (he has always raged against them even during his FA days). Anyways hope everyone on YB, EB, and BP keep it up and looking forward to our fights in the coming weeks.

FA [BOSS]/ Ragarok Lvl 80 Ele/ Invisabelle Lvl 80 Mes/ Oni Sa Lvl 80 Thief/Hammon Lvl 80 Guardian

in Match-ups

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

Yeah, about that…>.>

You call that a zerg?

-Love FA

Having seen those zergs first hand, please no

If some of you BP players are complaining THIS much about YB’s zergs, I hate to see how much you guys will when you go up against SBI and FA….

Actually I’ve seen SBI restrain from just steam rolling people when they saw someone fighting 1v1. Maybe it’s different now, but if it’s the same SBI I completely expect to enjoy the matchup.

You see coming across people just out fighting, when theyaren’t near an objective, there is no reason to go all 40 v 1 on them. I enjoy fighting, and I will still charge into your big zerg, won’t ever change. The fun of it to me is slamming in with my hammer, or swords and still getting a kill or two before going down.

To be honest I’m one of the very few on bp that even enjoy fighting. Most would rather follow a blue dorito around and pretend that is PvP. It wasn’t always like that btw.

edit

Also just incase it wasn’t clear, I’m just as big of a kitten to my own team. People rage at me because I won’t save them in a 1v1 or something. Nope, if you lose a 1v1 it’s your own kitten fault. Get better, or stick with a zerg.

Also to that engineer today outside of sunny on bp bl, that was fun. I felt bad because the first two times we tried to fight someone interfered. I never stomped you though, those other people did. I let you get the kill on me to make up for it. Great fight out there.

(edited by GSSBlunaspike.4153)

in Match-ups

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Sure I can. But forum comments don’t tell you much about the server. And our BL was bugged last week (constant DC’s), and if you look in the wvw discussion forum here you’ll see a thread with many servers complaining about bugged queues and Devon making a difficult to interpret response which seems to acknowledge it.

Yep this happened…. And it will probably keep happening so long as Anet continues to hide the live population numbers from us. It’s a bad policy in general and no one here should condone it; because just like last week as IOJ demonstrated, it can feel pretty devastating when you’re NOT the server getting some benefit from it.

If it keeps happening, I think we should start recording video of it regardless of who’s BL it happens to (assuming we can even get into that BL). Total attendance for each side in every Borderland and Eternal should be right there on the Top of the zone on everyone’s map. It’s more important than some commander’s tag on your minimap. It’s need-to-know information like the max damage on each weapon you equip. Nor does it ruin anyone’s secret strategies because it doesn’t tell us anything about the skill of the force in that BL. It simply tells us what scale of the expected fights would be so that realistic preparations can happen and QUEUE BUGS can actually be properly reported instead of merely speculated on.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vazqo.8012

Vazqo.8012

Please keep it up.

Was quite a happy day when this tool left FA, see how long he takes to wear out his welcome in BP…

Czarist/Vazqo/Vazco et al
Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evilzara.6378

Evilzara.6378

SBI did outnumber us a lot, but they did not flash build 3+ superior ACs in open field before zerg on zerg.

I’m looking forward to the FA and SBI matchups. We may get stomped by them but we can learn a thing or two.

Commander Evilzara of The Black Tides [TBT]

Stormbluff Isle

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ouro.5846

Ouro.5846

So which BP guilds are the best at running 10-15 mans?

in Match-ups

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

SBI did outnumber us a lot, but they did not flash build 3+ superior ACs in open field before zerg on zerg.

I’m looking forward to the FA and SBI matchups. We may get stomped by them but we can learn a thing or two.

Wait, wait, wait. Us using siege in open field is what you have to complain about with us. I’m sorry but that just seems like good tactics to use something like arrow carts to push a fight in your favor. Maybe command better?

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kronyx.2570

Kronyx.2570

Are you an idiot? When I lead a zerg and I see 4 Sup ACs in the open field, guess what I do? Move the kitten away, cuz its an open field. If you die to ACs in the open field, please stop playing.

Do I drop ACs against the giant 40-50 man WFD zerg, when i only have 15 guildies + pugs?

Of course.

Rheayas – 80 Guardian
Guild Leader Of [LOOT]
Yaks Bend Allaince Commander [YBA]

(edited by Kronyx.2570)

in Match-ups

Chaba.5410

Was quite a happy day when this tool left FA, see how long he takes to wear out his welcome in BP…

(The implication being that the welcome to FA was worn out, which is exactly opposite of actual events.)

Chaba Tangnu

in Match-ups

Evilzara.6378

Wait, wait, wait. Us using siege in open field is what you have to complain about with us. I’m sorry but that just seems like good tactics to use something like arrow carts to push a fight in your favor. Maybe command better?

Yeah, you it’s definitely good tactics, especially considering you already outnumber us 2:1 and can’t rely on your fighting power.

Flash building ACs in open field seems like a perfectly good reason that you’re terrible players who rely heavily on siege.

Oh disregard what I say, I know from now on when I have 80 people and I see an enemry zerg of 40, I’ll flash build 4 ACs to make sure I get the win and also spam /laugh after we wipe them because they are just a terrible group.

Stormbluff Isle

in Match-ups

Evilzara.6378

Are you an idiot? When I lead a zerg and I see 4 Sup ACs in the open field, guess what I do? Move the kitten away, cuz its an open field. If you die to ACs in the open field, please stop playing.

Do I drop ACs against the giant 40-50 man WFD zerg, when i only have 15 guildies + pugs?

Of course.

I’m not talking about your 15+ guildies (which btw I find ironic because all YB does is blob), I’m talking about your 70+ blobs.

Stormbluff Isle

in Match-ups

Posted by: CrazyCanuck.4265

CrazyCanuck.4265

If you think Yak’s is bad with open field siege, you obviously haven’t fought IoJ enough. It is because of them that guilds existed along the lines of “Main hand ballista, off hand arrow-cart [IoJ]”

Alyrico
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Evilzara.6378

If you think Yak’s is bad with open field siege, you obviously haven’t fought IoJ enough. It is because of them that guilds existed along the lines of “Main hand ballista, off hand arrow-cart [IoJ]”

I didn’t say you’re bad at open field siege, you’re quite good. The speed you build 4 superior ACs before your 70+ zerg engages 30-40 people is beyond me!

We fought IoJ, before their guilds all abandoned. I don’t remember any open field siege, just 8+ superior ACs on every wall of every tower and keep.

Stormbluff Isle

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vazqo.8012

Vazqo.8012

(The implication being that the welcome to FA was worn out, which is exactly opposite of actual events.)

Your head is so far up his kitten your neck would break if he made a left turn, I can pm you a few of the quotes from his goodbye thread back in May if you need your memory jogged…..didn’t think so

Czarist/Vazqo/Vazco et al
Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: CrazyCanuck.4265

CrazyCanuck.4265

I didn’t say you’re bad at open field siege, you’re quite good. The speed you build 4 superior ACs before your 70+ zerg engages 30-40 people is beyond me!

We fought IoJ, before their guilds all abandoned. I don’t remember any open field siege, just 8+ superior ACs on every wall of every tower and keep.

Lol, I’m not on YB, and my statement was intended to mean over the top and obnoxious, not necessarily poor usage. And I guess you just got lucky then in your time against IoJ. Virtually all their large guild groups would attempt to set up 1-2 ACs and Ballista before every open field engagement. Even if the engagement was already heavily in their favor number wise. I can’t say I’ve seen it anywhere near as much from YB, though then again I usually shy away from 40v40 1 spam montages.

Alyrico
Tarnished Coast

(edited by CrazyCanuck.4265)

in Match-ups

Posted by: havok.1528

havok.1528

Against your numbers we needed to, and even then it didn’t work.

having xferred from DR to IOJ cannucklehead is over exaggerating.

in Match-ups

Posted by: kbenton.4915

kbenton.4915

Yeah, you it’s definitely good tactics, especially considering you already outnumber us 2:1 and can’t rely on your fighting power.

Flash building ACs in open field seems like a perfectly good reason that you’re terrible players who rely heavily on siege.

Oh disregard what I say, I know from now on when I have 80 people and I see an enemry zerg of 40, I’ll flash build 4 ACs to make sure I get the win and also spam /laugh after we wipe them because they are just a terrible group.

You’re right. Armies in any world should never use tactics. They should all blob on each other and have no disregard for casualties. Btw, rezzing takes time which prevents movement to the next objective and so forth. It’s snowball effect.

Tldr version THANK YOU YB commanders. You guys continue to impress me with your rapid and often different strategies.

Yak’s Bend Thief (P/D) [HvC]

in Match-ups

Loken.9724

Hey [GH] thanks for the fun fights earlier tonight.

P.s hills in EBBL is the place to be right now.

in Match-ups

Chaba.5410

Your head is so far up his kitten your neck would break if he made a left turn, I can pm you a few of the quotes from his goodbye thread back in May if you need your memory jogged…..didn’t think so

LOL funny analogy. So you got kitten by something someone said back in May that now, 6 months later, it still bothers you. Sounds more like your problem than mine.

Chaba Tangnu

in Match-ups

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Hey [GH] thanks for the fun fights earlier tonight.

P.s hills in EBBL is the place to be right now.

omg Omega Golems …. oh wait.

in Match-ups

Posted by: RazGerb.6173

RazGerb.6173

Dear Zerg’s Bend, Please get away from EB Garri, your karma train can’t have it.

These constant zerg oceanic servers are really starting to bug me.

Legendary RazGerb|Razris|Razgrox|Razxerius|Razalos
RazGerb The Machine/Tempest/Inferno
~The Best Rager Ranger NA~

(edited by RazGerb.6173)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kronyx.2570

Kronyx.2570

Its ok, we are busy waypointing all of BPs keeps

Rheayas – 80 Guardian
Guild Leader Of [LOOT]
Yaks Bend Allaince Commander [YBA]

(edited by Kronyx.2570)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Snow Ghost.6817

Snow Ghost.6817

BP has a few good teams in that weight division.

Why do you ask?

/salute

Iorek
GM of [VP]
Venator Phalanx.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ouro.5846

Ouro.5846

Why do you ask?

/salute

Looking to make some new friends. Having a hard time convincing my bros to come back to GW2

in Match-ups

Posted by: RoChan.1926

RoChan.1926

Hey guys! Don’t use flashlights to see in the dark! Everyone has eyes you know! Using flashlights are a sign of weakness! Oh and don’t use a bed for sleeping! That just shows you’re a baddie!

Really. I’m less annoyed about the double team comments compared to open siege usage. It always sounds to me that the other side expects a fair fight in a war type setting. Forgive us for using the tools we have in game to ensure a victory just because we’re smart enough to use them. Because it’s not about winning, everyone! It’s about having a feel good time! -Insert more crappy American Education logic -

This is essentially a war game and it’s not about being fair or fighting fair. The only rule in WvW is “Do Not Cheat.” If you want a fair fight go to sPvP as that’s what it’s intended for. WvW is about having small and massive battles. About using siege and being creative with it. It’s not about being fair. I mean if you’re going to complain about a good use of tactics can we also start complaining about cheese troop setups like the Grinders? I mean really… you guys act like Red Coats please line up in a straight line and CHARGE! Perhaps those who complain should indulge in some education before spewing garbage about fairness in an all or nothing brawl.

Oh and command better. <3

Optee Kaal Allusion | The Evil Empire
[TRY][POV]
“Kitten the yaks, so persistent about everything.” -Ebay

in Match-ups

Posted by: Thorp.7982

Thorp.7982

vT + NoQQ = <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Snow Ghost.6817

Snow Ghost.6817

Why do you ask?

/salute

Looking to make some new friends. Having a hard time convincing my bros to come back to GW2

VP usually runs between 10-15. Not for me to say how good we are really.

Can check out the video of our last streaming night here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=647eXOtHztI

There are a few other Strike/Havoc teams on BP that would be worth looking into. Maybe they can make themselves known as I wouldn’t want to make a list and miss someone out.

/salute

Iorek
GM of [VP]
Venator Phalanx.

in Match-ups

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

Of course.

LOL YB run in 15 man groups??

Either you are literally the only 15 man group, or you are just full of kitten. I wish I could see YB do anything other than massive zerg. It would be really great, and probably wouldn’t have tainted my opinion of your server. So far in every single 1v1 it’s been a win, I’ve accumulated over 50 kills, 10 stomps by catching your guys running to the zerg. The absolute worst part is that no one even fights back anymore. Once I’ve caught them and applied 10-15 bleeds they just stop and wait (some f4 ). I don’t stomp the ones that fight, those others are dead.

I wish I could get all three servers to stop being afraid of fights. If you die so what, sure repairs suck but otherwise nothing is lost. Kill, die, have fun.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ultrajoe.8674

Ultrajoe.8674

LOL YB run in 15 man groups??

Either you are literally the only 15 man group, or you are just full of kitten. I wish I could see YB do anything other than massive zerg. It would be really great, and probably wouldn’t have tainted my opinion of your server. So far in every single 1v1 it’s been a win, I’ve accumulated over 50 kills, 10 stomps by catching your guys running to the zerg. The absolute worst part is that no one even fights back anymore. Once I’ve caught them and applied 10-15 bleeds they just stop and wait (some f4 ). I don’t stomp the ones that fight, those others are dead.

Hi. I am from GLOB, from YB. We are almost exclusively a small-group guild. At the peak of our guild WvW we can reach 20 people. We are only one of 5-6 similarly sized guilds. I have no reason to lie about this, you can check out our videos or streamers, we aren’t a blobby group of folk.

So, I don’t know where this confusion about Yak’s being universally serverblob came from, but I’m just dropping by to let you know that you’re misinformed about our unit sizes. Maybe you’re just unlucky with the groups you run into. It must be said, though, we don’t have a very large roamer community, so maybe that’s why you’re having trouble finding duels. Maybe if you had less roamers and more WvW players you’d own your borderlands? Who knows.

Sportuu The Dour – Fort Aspenwood Warrior
Fattest Man in [GLOB]