Remove National Servers from Europe Boards ! [WvW]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

In european International servers most organized guilds playing from GMT -> GMT+3 time zones , but in the National Servers the situation is very different , they are playing from GMT -7 ( CANADA, MEXICO ,BOLIVIA etc ) -> GMT +2 maybe +3 .

this creates a very difficult and mostly an unfair situation to European international servers because all of our www guilds playing at prime time or later morning in week and not in late night or early morning as they can in National server where playing ppls from all the world.

lets see what is the reason of the nationals server “strength” ?

French are playing from France GMT+1 and canada GMT-7
Spanish are playing from Spain GMT+ 1 and Mexico or south America = GMT -5
Germans are playing from Germany GMT+1 or south America = GMT-5

there are sources in info* from wikipedia that will help you understand that the 112 million spanish speaking peoples in Mexico is not a small minority

We all know that ALL the servers are LOCATED in Austin , SO what is the point to be the international servers be alone and without help from the English speaking from USA ?

you want to see the result of this situation ? check the leader-boards ! most of the first places are from National Servers and the first 3 servers are Nationals …

check it by your self -> https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/eu/wvw

Of course it is not the only reason , but this is the main reason for late night and early morning capping ….for the “performance” the reason are two ….

1 . the better communication , because of nature language and

2. the defend of the server gives a feeling of defend their “land” !!!

info : Hispanophone , Francophone , Germans in the World

(edited by Reborn.2934)

in Suggestions

Posted by: blurps.2340

blurps.2340

Wut ? People on the German servers play like 99.999999999999% from central Europe, Germany, Austria and Switzerland.

Or is this some sort of irony troll post ? EU English servers suck because very few of them have a WvW playerbase commited to the server – Deso, Blacktide, etc. were successful only when they were the fotm transfer target destination.

(edited by blurps.2340)

in Suggestions

Reborn.2934

Wut ? People on the German servers play like 99.999999999999% from central Europe, Germany, Austria and Switzerland.

Or is this some sort of irony troll post ? EU English servers suck because very few of them have a WvW playerbase commited to the server – Deso, Blacktide, etc. were successful only when they were the fotm transfer target destination.

Country German speaking population (outside Europe)
US 5,000,000
Brazil 3,000,000
Argentina 1,400,000
Canada 450,000 – 620,000
Mexico 200,000
Australia 110,000
South Africa 75,000 (German expatriate citizens alone)
Chile 40,000
Paraguay 30,000 – 40,000
New Zealand 37,500
Namibia 30,000 (German expatriate citizens alone)24
Jordan 50,000
Venezuela 10,000

is this enough for your question ? source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_language

in Suggestions

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

OP have a point. Can’t even figure out why some countries have own servers, but Malta doesn’t.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in Suggestions

Posted by: The Holy Eldar.3624

The Holy Eldar.3624

What if I told you that there are hardly any South American on BB?

And what if I told you that Spanish people have a different schedule then us northern Europeans?

As an international guild on a spanish server we first fought BB and were convinced that they had so much latino’s nightcapping the kitten out of maps. We were wrong. There are hardly any South Americans on BB, maybe 0.5%. Most play in NA tiers. Why you ask? Because they most likely prefer to play during primetime.
Now what happens during European primetime for BB is this. Around 8-9pm CEST a lot of spanish people go for dinner and return around 11pm CEST to play again. That gives BB a very strong late-evening and makes other servers log (I can understand, we fought BB before aswell).

Now I agree there is something wrong with nightcapping but removing national servers won’t solve this. The spanish people will just flock to another international server and make it the unofficial spanish server which will have the same nightcap as BB now. Anet already stated they were looking into rewarding points differently (see the blogpost from a couple of weeks ago).

Why do you play WvW? I play it for the great fights during primetime against amazing guilds and pug commanders with their zergs. It’s still a game and you should have a fun!

Enjoy the game, ignore the points my good sir
Andale! o7

Acan Stoneheart
Immortal Kingdom [KING] – Officer
Second Law [Scnd] Filthy Casual

in Suggestions

Reborn.2934

@The Holy Eldar.3624 you have a point but even i am not a kid my self when i speak with real life friends from other servers ( i have in fsp , gandara and piken square and some to Votf guild that is moving from server to server :p ) our “conversation” last always around our server’s score and place in match-ups .

it is in my and our nature to try or to enjoy more the win than the loose even we are capping an un-defended tower because we finished our goal in game …this is more common than the “just play for fun” feeling . this feeling is the same that have the ppls that enjoy most the pve server . you can not say that is not common eh ?

e-sports is very serious businesses and as soon they understand it, the better for them and their pocket

(edited by Reborn.2934)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Caliban.3176

Caliban.3176

I think you have it all wrong. We need MOAR language servers!

Where is my Flemish server and where is the Dutch one? And don’t you dare throwing us together, we are not the same!

But that would indeed be very unfair. The Dutch would able to play with their friends from the Caribbean and the Amish.

Nerf the Dutch!

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net
7.2k+ hours played on Minesweeper

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

this creates a very difficult and mostly an unfair situation to European international servers because all of our www guilds playing

I guess this is the main difference between uniform-language and multi-language servers:

Guild-Collections vs Worlds structured in Guilds

Multi-language servers have more problems communicating, have more problems establishing a server identity, etablishing a server-wide teamspeak, organizing multi-map presence, …

US 5,000,000
Brazil 3,000,000
Argentina 1,400,000

Cool, thanks for the hint, we should place some draft-calls there to improve our night-shift, create intercontinental german-speaking guilds and have a guild-meeting in Rio

More serious: I really wonder why there are not more uni-language servers!
Aren’t there enough
- Polish-
- Russian-
- Turkish-
- Italian-
- …-
speaking GW2 players to fill at least one server with each language?

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in Suggestions

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

Country German speaking population (outside Europe)
US 5,000,000
Brazil 3,000,000
Argentina 1,400,000
Canada 450,000 – 620,000
Mexico 200,000
Australia 110,000
South Africa 75,000 (German expatriate citizens alone)
Chile 40,000
Paraguay 30,000 – 40,000
New Zealand 37,500
Namibia 30,000 (German expatriate citizens alone)24
Jordan 50,000
Venezuela 10,000

is this enough for your question ? source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_language

So,acording to your logic 316.000.000 US +20.000.000 Canadian english speaking population all play on EU (EN)international servers.Obviously Right?

Nerf international (EN) servers

(edited by mini.6018)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

EU English servers suck because very few of them have a WvW playerbase commited to the server – Deso, Blacktide, etc. were successful only when they were the fotm transfer target destination.

I think it is extremely insulting to call that Desolation doesn’t have a WvWvW player base committed to the server. If nothing else, our server has by far the most committed WvWvW player base. We have had nothing but unfair match ups entire year 2013. Zero wins. Still many people stayed here. Fighting against night capping servers and waking up in the morning to see enemy controlling 100% of the map. We are outmanned almost all the time, even on prime time and on our own borderlands. We are facing much larger enemy teams all the time. We are still fighting.

News flash, all those big name guilds WvWvW guilds from Iron Triangle to VotF, from BULL to FG and GH, have already left to greener pastures a long time ago. We haven’t got any transfers for many months except for few individual players. While almost all other EU English language servers have gotten guild transfers to them. We are still rank 7 and last week we gained over 30 points despite being doubled teamed by two French servers. Despite our rank we were once again pitted against Visunah, which would have never happened if this game would have winner goes up and loser goes down. Desolation has lost all its mathups for weeks in a row and still being pitted against #1. LOL at total failure of Arenanet.

It is obvious that national servers are have many advantages:
- single language
- better coverage from offshore
While there are no disadvantages.

And for your information: Many hundreds of English speaking EU players are playing on NA servers. Everybody is stacking there, because they already have coverage and easier loot bags.

It is 100% obvious that Arenanet doesn’t care at all for Europe and its WvWvW. They really have the worst customer communication with their player base I have seen in ages. Zero action ever about these extremely unfair matchups which have been going on for so many months before this new idiotic random system. Yet for NA they could even manually break up a match up.

I feel the pity for Vabbi and Fissure of Woe as well. Never ever did Arenanet developers do anything to help those poor servers.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

I think it would be better to remove the continental server belief.

People used to play just fine in GW1 be it in the EU servers, NA servers or Korean servers.
Then with GW2 they decided to split the community, NA and EU.

Some people with bad connections cannot play on the other continent server, but people with good connections can.

But have what we have, and I say keep it like that now, because at least you know you wont be having much fun with certain german servers f you are matched against them

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nauda.3678

Nauda.3678

I kinda agree with Dayra: National servers are more about playing as a server while the international servers are more about playing in guilds. I(from Abaddon) have discussed that point dozens of times in our Matchup-Topics against FSP/Gandara/AG. If you see players on german servers in the middle of the german-ngith or morning then these guys are a) dedicated or b) have different work-shifts(night-shift) so they can play at that time.

And just as a little correction: All EU Servers are located in Frankfurt(Germany) and only the Login-servers are in the US(and the US servers indeed)

(edited by Nauda.3678)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wothan.4673

Wothan.4673

….

It’s a joke ?

Are you really crying because some ppl in the world speak french/german/spanish and that it is not fair vs the ppl speaking english ?

Nahtow – [SR] Soul Reapers
Jade Quarry

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tynyss.8237

Tynyss.8237

I can’t say how it is on other Servers, but on my Server(Elona Reach) there are nearly only European people on our Teamspeak. And the Majority of our Players is on our Teamspeak.
I don’t think many players would use proxies simply to change their shown country…
Ok we have one or two with canada shown as their country, but they simply have a weird connection from their provider xD

The Major Weakness of International Servers in Europe is very simple. Why should the german/french/spanish players play on International Servers? thers no real reason why they should. And this player base is really big.

And there are 14! International Servers compared to 7 german Servers, 5 french, 1 spanish.
The Population is much more widespread compared to the other ones.

On my Server we simply have some really dedicated german/swiss/austrian players that play night and day^^

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vroum.2906

Vroum.2906

Fixed for you.

Guardian | Warrior | Elementalist on Vizunah Square

in Suggestions

Reborn.2934

Fixed for you.

you fixed nothing .

all knows that Vizunah Square is first because they have people all day ( 24h /day ) and many of their player are from Canada that is GMT -7 etc ….

i could tell you what anet is doing right now to fix the problem, but i am sure they delete the whole thread and maybe i have a temp ban

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wothan.4673

Wothan.4673

all knows that Vizunah Square is first because they have people all day ( 24h /day ) and many of their player are from Canada that is GMT -7 etc ….

All knows ? really ? So tell me, if all knows… tell me the name of one or more Canadian or French Canadian guild on VS ( and don’t kittening tell me CaSu ).

They are almost ( ofc you can find 2/3 french Canadian or New Caledonia lost in the BL ) no ppl outside EU on DE/FR and SP serv.

Nahtow – [SR] Soul Reapers
Jade Quarry

in Suggestions

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

I don’t know why they made language specific servers in the first place – must be because lot of Germans/French would whine if they suddenly needed to speak English on their server. (And then again you could just use huge guilds to get to know other German/French players).

Since it only affects WvW and we already have guesting they should just totally seperate it and let us freely choose the PvE server we want to play and the WvW server we want to play. Only making WvW server transfer cost a small amount of gems(not that high ridiculous prices you have to pay only for WvW transfer at the moment) to discourage frequently server hopping(also 2-4 weeks limit between transfer).

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

I don’t know why they made language specific servers in the first place

That’s easy to answer: A large share of Germans would not play GW2, if there are no german servers, and ANet want the largest European market segement for games. (probably around 300000 sold GW2 more or less)

Same for French I would guess. (2nd largest market Segment in Europe)

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

I don’t know why they made language specific servers in the first place

That’s easy to answer: A large share of Germans would not play GW2, if there are no german servers, and ANet want the largest European market segement for games. (probably around 300000 sold GW2 more or less)

Same for French I would guess. (2nd largest market Segment in Europe)

If they had put a bit more thought into this before releasing the game there would not be a problem now. They could just have made PvE home servers and WvW home servers from the start… with German/French PvE servers where also international players could have played WvW(declare the WvW part of that server as international and let the users from other countries play there for WvW but still have them play PvE at another home server).

It would still be possible to do this now… changes would mainly concern the WvW community and the few WvW players of other servers that had to communicate with the already established French/German groups… should work it at least some speak English(maybe commanders that can coordinate).

I think most of the “14 years old”(that don’t speak english) are hardcore PvE dungeon farming "trololol you don’t have full exo don’t join my guild/party) players so it should not be a big problem for WvW.

in Suggestions

Posted by: KrisHQ.4719

KrisHQ.4719

Who would be interested in playing on a national server?
If there was a danish server I would never join that one, I would do everything to avoid playing on that server.

Lysis Kawahara – D/D Elementalist
Zaphiel Faires – DPS Guardian

in Suggestions

Posted by: genowefapigwa.5769

genowefapigwa.5769

As I remember SIN are from Namibia and SCND from Venezuela !

Goraca Mariola
INC&Garaz Runkaraki
Ele from Piken Square

in Suggestions

Posted by: Masslegeek.4692

Masslegeek.4692

And international EU servers are playing from GMT, GMT +1, GMT +2, GMT +3, GMT +4. So ? Stop whining.

I dont know about other french servers, but on Augury Rock, we have maybe 1 or 2 guys playing from Canada. and they dont event play much. AR are well known for their absence during the night. you can ask Piken or Barusch.

Blop And Pop [qO] – Augury Rock Coordinator

in Suggestions

Posted by: KrisHQ.4719

KrisHQ.4719

Who would be interested in playing on a national server?
If there was a danish server I would never join that one, I would do everything to avoid playing on that server.

All “national” servers are full of people that speak that language, so I’m guessing a lot of people are interested? The reason there is no UK server is because English is recognized as a global language, and of course there is no point in having a server for languages that are not widely spoken (such as Danish, which as far as I know is spoken for the most part only in Denmark, which is a small country).

Earlier I mentioned Italian simply because I see a lot of Italian players in my server (RoF) and the servers I’ve faced (especially FoW, Gandara, and WSR). Italy has 60 million people and it’s also spoken in Switzerland. Not all people speak/understand English, that’s why a national server makes sense. Also it makes it easier to find a group to join if you don’t have one.

Language and the size of the country is beside my point.
Even if Denmark was the biggest country in the world I would never join a strictly danish server. I like meeting people from other countries and enjoy speaking/practicing my english.
National-servers are often very reserved towards other servers as well, which I don’t like.
So I still don’t get why people would choose to play on a national server.

Lysis Kawahara – D/D Elementalist
Zaphiel Faires – DPS Guardian