SF/HoD/GoM Week of 11/8/13

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mercabre.7123

Mercabre.7123

/RIP Sorrow’s Terrace of Denravi’s Crossing

Aaahhh the STD…

Hahaha, nice one

Thuefore | Rieaz, Mag [VLK]
Grammar aside I probably have a point in there somewhere.

in Match-ups

Posted by: JamboHammer.4397

JamboHammer.4397

What I do not understand about JamboHammer’s post (okay I do not understand most of it the way it is written) is that while he complains about perplexity runes he has no qualms whatsoever about bragging about his stun lock, perma regen warrior running torment runes.

"yet when i ran condi war every mesmer in my path was dead before the fight even started with those 20+ bleeds stacks and 7+ torment stacks plus being a complete and utter tank with massive condi dmg not even burst from a shatter could take me down"

At least I THINK that is what he is saying in the above quoted text. So the tables are turned on him and he goes into a massive rage.

i must of been stoned when i scrolled threw the forums cuz i didnt even see this. i never said my warrior was a stunlock war bud if u read my posts i posted the runes i use and i use sw/sw sw/sh and sw/sw longbow dont u feel stupid and i do rem u i killed u so much when i was on nsp

Nsp,Gom,Mag[Yaks Bend] Asura Thief- Chronic Fangs/Asura War- Karcerus/Norn Mes- Karcmerus
Charr Ele- Mack Jack/Human Guardian- Karcian/Human Necro- Karcermancer/
Asura Rev- Kushatronium/Asura Engi- Kushatronic /Sylvari Ranger- Karcushian

(edited by JamboHammer.4397)

in Match-ups

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

To the [MU] engineer that killed me while I was getting a Vista in my own BL. If I find you, I’m gonna break your hand.

Don’t be silly.

Forget the vista, fan your bloodthirst, use this, grow stronger, kill all the engineers!

Been noticing a bit of focus on my engineer… wondered why.

Also, if it takes 4+ of you to kill one glass staff Ele, you are terribly bad, and should spam /laugh to cover your shame.

I remember you! There were four of us there, but I don’t know how many of us it would take to down a glass ele. Come to HoD windmill tonight and we’ll see!

Is everyone as confused as I am? Here’s the story as I follow it: 4 HoD killing 1 HoD glass elementalist who is an engineer that I’m focusing down from work without having logged in because an engineer on my server did PvP by a vista in a PvP zone?

Na man, that was a reference to the windmill duels. I was in EB shortly with my ele to rank her up, and got got… by 4+. I am normally an engie for roaming, and playing outnumbered, and you would know me as the female human engineer with sunglasses and the [Glueshot] finisher.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: capmasterflash.5690

capmasterflash.5690

To the [MU] engineer that killed me while I was getting a Vista in my own BL. If I find you, I’m gonna break your hand.

Don’t be silly.

Forget the vista, fan your bloodthirst, use this, grow stronger, kill all the engineers!

Been noticing a bit of focus on my engineer… wondered why.

Also, if it takes 4+ of you to kill one glass staff Ele, you are terribly bad, and should spam /laugh to cover your shame.

I remember you! There were four of us there, but I don’t know how many of us it would take to down a glass ele. Come to HoD windmill tonight and we’ll see!

Is everyone as confused as I am? Here’s the story as I follow it: 4 HoD killing 1 HoD glass elementalist who is an engineer that I’m focusing down from work without having logged in because an engineer on my server did PvP by a vista in a PvP zone?

No you got it lol

[MU]- my name is red
Asura Thief/Ele
HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

problem is when people ask themselves if they did the best they could, they often incorrectly answer “yes” because they aren’t aware of what more they could do.

if they were aware, they would have done it.

if you’re not recruiting, you could be doing more. if you’re not helping train and encourage the less-experienced, you could be doing more. if you’re not promoting voice comms or on it yourself, you could be doing more.

the list goes on and on.

So i think the #1 question to ask yourself is: did you have fun?

We’ve got a recruitment thread up, clearly stating our number needs, guilds involved with WvW, the fact SF is the only server with mounts (note: mounts not included), etc.

We have a group of aussies recruiting too. Its not by lack of trying. By default the “Sorrow’s” is negative and uninteresting. Then there is the prohibitive transfer costs of 130g/22$ per person. Then there is the guesting and seeing how terrible SF is at PvE which discourages many PvX players interested in becoming 300% hotter. Then they hear about some guilds not being in TS. The reasons why it is not working are known.

At this point, I think a lot of the bronze servers can only be fixed by merging WvW populations, ie: everyone knows DH can only win by nightcapping, so they’d be a good match for SF. FC and DR would be a great match too since they are stuck up on using SoR tactics, which requires numbers to be effective. AR, KN and GoM would also be a good match giving them great coverage since KN is another nightcapping server.

Darkhaven’s Furnace
Ferguson And Devona (they could even story line this for that boring living world thing they do)
Gates near Kaineng’s Anvil

That way, all those who have any sort of warrantless attachment to the server cluster’s public name on which the character data they are using is stored on would be satisfied and we could have a more interesting league instead of just a few close matches here and there.

Darkhaven can only win by nightcapping? Excuse me lol? We have the third strongest primetime in bronze without question… We’re no SF, but come on… Ugh.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in Match-ups

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

problem is when people ask themselves if they did the best they could, they often incorrectly answer “yes” because they aren’t aware of what more they could do.

if you’re not recruiting, you could be doing more. if you’re not helping train and encourage the less-experienced, you could be doing more. if you’re not promoting voice comms or on it yourself, you could be doing more.

the list goes on and on.

We’ve got a recruitment thread up, clearly stating our number needs, guilds involved with WvW, the fact SF is the only server with mounts (note: mounts not included), etc.

We have a group of aussies recruiting too. Its not by lack of trying. By default the “Sorrow’s” is negative and uninteresting. Then there is the prohibitive transfer costs of 130g/22$ per person. Then there is the guesting and seeing how terrible SF is at PvE which discourages many PvX players interested in becoming 300% hotter. Then they hear about some guilds not being in TS. The reasons why it is not working are known.

At this point, I think a lot of the bronze servers can only be fixed by merging WvW populations, ie: everyone knows DH can only win by nightcapping, so they’d be a good match for SF. FC and DR would be a great match too since they are stuck up on using SoR tactics, which requires numbers to be effective. AR, KN and GoM would also be a good match giving them great coverage since KN is another nightcapping server.

Darkhaven’s Furnace
Ferguson And Devona (they could even story line this for that boring living world thing they do)

That way, all those who have any sort of warrantless attachment to the server cluster’s public name on which the character data they are using is stored on would be satisfied and we could have a more interesting league instead of just a few close matches here and there.

Darkhaven can only win by nightcapping? Excuse me lol? We have the third strongest primetime in bronze without question… We’re no SF, but come on… Ugh.

lol wat

in Match-ups

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Who’s my VLK quaggan pal in Henge of Denravi’s GoM’s Bay and Vale camp?
Message me in-game for personalized yo mama jokes!

(edited by TeamBattleAxe.3901)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

I think it has somenthing to do with perplexity runes…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in Match-ups

Posted by: ptitminou.6489

ptitminou.6489

the list goes on and on.

Darkhaven’s Furnace

Yes, your prime-time is when everyone else sleeps. Probably the highest coverage time of all servers at 5am. Of course HoD is a close 2nd to you and their daytime rivalizes with DR and SF now, thanks to the free xfer to there and nowhere else in bronze… because apparently AR has players.

kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten
Because censorship is the most important part of the MMO business.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Brigg.3961

Brigg.3961

Is rivalize a word?

HoD [STRM]
All classes, level 80
Dropbear Massacre, Necro Main

in Match-ups

Posted by: madchatter.7964

madchatter.7964

I’ve made this into a wordle.

I decided I had to reply to this because it’s been an entire day since I saw it, and I’m still laughing.

GoM – [ASH] | Check out the GoMmunity!
main: Medeina (human d/d ele)
alts: yes xP

in Match-ups

ptitminou.6489

Is rivalize a word?

Yes, rivalize is a word.

kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten

in Match-ups

Posted by: Colt.9051

Colt.9051

Had some GREAT duels at the fight club today! Had fun beating and getting beaten by some pretty variable builds and people on my engi and guardian!

Special shoutouts: To the VLK Sylvari Ele; You are a monster, and have inspired me to deshelve my ele in hopes to be as good as you! As ele is my main, I shall become great and give eles a good name for roaming/dueling again!

To the VLK Asura Guardian; I have had some of the most intense duels I have EVER had in a LONG time with you! Thank you for giving my engi’s medic build a great workout! I SO hope to meet you at the next fight club we meet at! <3

To the VLK Charr Guardian; Thanks for giving my rabid engi build some practice! I feel more squishy on it, but I know I have potential to make it good :P Good fun duels

To anyone else I didn’t mention, again, great duels to everyone I fought there

Daeaera ~ Leader of Grape Justice! [FGJ]

in Match-ups

Arius.7031

the list goes on and on.

Darkhaven’s Furnace

Yes, your prime-time is when everyone else sleeps. Probably the highest coverage time of all servers at 5am. Of course HoD is a close 2nd to you and their daytime rivalizes with DR and SF now, thanks to the free xfer to there and nowhere else in bronze… because apparently AR has players.

Dude, I’m talking about NA primetime. We at least match FC/GoM in primetime as was demonstrated and can be proven by looking at this link:

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/46/117

Check the PPT during standard NA primetime. You will notice that Dh is close to the others, or leads, on most days. At the very least, it cannot be said that we have no prime time, we at least match FC/GoM. That may not be much to YOU, but that’s because you’re strong, not because we’re weak for a bronze server.

Upon looking at the evidence though, it seems like GoM may have the 3rd best primetime. IDK, it’s close.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in Match-ups

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

im in wvw usually from daily reset till like 3-4 hours later when i go to bed, sometimes ill stay on a bit later if the fights are good/often enough. Edit. pretty sure his thoughts are somthing like this its ok when i use it but if someone else uses it on me then thats not fair cause only im allowed to use cheese builds /rage

lol cheese? torment runes? lol no i run 2 +15% bleed duration and a +15% torm duration idk how u can even say thats cheese considering its not in any way but u can call it rage and cry about it all u want u can protect perplexity runes all u want doesnt change the fact that ur calling a none cheese build cheese which makes me laugh pretty hard LOL and ur from HOT? ive seen HOT this week and not even once have they given me a challenge must of been u

Aren’t you the S/S LB regen warrior? Probably 0/10/30/30/0.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in Match-ups

ptitminou.6489

the list goes on and on.

Darkhaven’s Furnace

Dude, I’m talking about NA primetime. We at least match FC/GoM in primetime as was demonstrated and can be proven by looking at this link:

Check the PPT during standard NA primetime. You will notice that Dh is close to the others, or leads, on most days. At the very least, it cannot be said that we have no prime time, we at least match FC/GoM. That may not be much to YOU, but that’s because you’re strong, not because we’re weak for a bronze server.

Upon looking at the evidence though, it seems like GoM may have the 3rd best primetime. IDK, it’s close.

The weak time you have is euro time, looks like ours. However, rivalizing with FC is meaningless. Send 20 people to back cap their 1 only and single huge 80 man zerg. But your 1am to 5am server time coverage, that is just huge and it was the source of most of your points.

Your points get decent from 11pm server time and last until 5am server which means you have got to have something going on other than a bunch of kids in mom’s basement in California. You still wont match HoD, we can all agree that they are stacked, but you’re probably second best in bronze in that time slot.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kalendraf.9521

Kalendraf.9521

Not sure where SF was last night. Between the few hours I spent in the BLs last night, I barely saw any from that server.

On the other hand, GoM brought some significant numbers to each map. They gave us a good fight at Bay in the HoD BL. It was upgraded when they took it, but only a few of us had time to reach the inner keep before it fell. Nice work on the north gate – that may have been the fastest I’ve ever seen a reinforced gate fall! Later, when we pressed to take it back, you held out for a very long time in the throne room, and it ended up being one of the crazier battles I’ve seen. There were several times in a row where I was downed and a GoM player tried to use a finishing move on me, but I got a lucky rally in the nick of time, and I was able to keep going. Sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good, eh?

I’m looking forward to our match-up against GoM again in week 6.

HoD – [CV] Charter Vanguard

in Match-ups

ptitminou.6489

Not sure where SF was last night. Between the few hours I spent in the BLs last night, I barely saw any from that server.

On the other hand, GoM brought some significant numbers to each map. They gave us a good fight at Bay in the HoD BL. It was upgraded when they took it, but only a few of us had time to reach the inner keep before it fell. Nice work on the north gate – that may have been the fastest I’ve ever seen a reinforced gate fall! Later, when we pressed to take it back, you held out for a very long time in the throne room, and it ended up being one of the crazier battles I’ve seen. There were several times in a row where I was downed and a GoM player tried to use a finishing move on me, but I got a lucky rally in the nick of time, and I was able to keep going. Sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good, eh?

Not sure where they were either, I got people to stack on me in EBG to get GoMs keep for 5 minutes, then they all scattered like autistic kids, so I left. I figured everyone must be in PvE. So I go there and there was no one. Dead game is dead.

Starting to realize now that if they refuse to merge servers, I might be forced to hop elsewhere if I want to play this game more than another month. Create problem, sell the solution, that is how Anet does their business… don’t know if I want to support that crap yet.

in Match-ups

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

That was the end of our “green arrow” event. (Green arrow, as in upleveled) 90% of us were on lowbies. We always try to end the event with a spectacular fail, so we attacked a max upgraded bay. Then we failed at failing. I’m still disappointed.

This is something else we did during green arrow. We ALMOST got HoD’s citadel.
http://www.twitch.tv/komvendetta/c/3245227

On Gate of Madness, we take our name seriously.

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

in Match-ups

Posted by: Easterbunny.6170

Easterbunny.6170

That was taken by 37 upleveled people at the end of an XP night

Yeah that was a hell of a fight. We were just as amazed as you were about how long we held out :p

After that fight you guys were fighting our mains and I personally /salute HOD for a fun night.

Hopefully it was fun for both sides.

-Mummies R Us

Mummies R Us
Gates of Madness Community
DUI Co-Founder

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kalendraf.9521

Kalendraf.9521

Maybe if you’d added a couple of trebs, you might have been able to knock it down!

By the timestamp, it looks like that was happening just around the time I started my WvW session, but I started in the SF BL and didn’t move to HoD until later when I caught the fights at Bay.

From the vid, it sounds like your green arrow events are a riot, especially if you can get those kind of numbers. I’ll keep an eye out for you guys in a couple weeks and maybe we can have more crazy fun somewhere in WvW.

HoD – [CV] Charter Vanguard

in Match-ups

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Green arrow is always a riot.

The other notable green arrow night stream: http://www.twitch.tv/teambattleaxe/c/2844502

With no delay and we knew that somethin like half a dozen FC on the map were watching it.

Gate of Madness

in Match-ups

TeamBattleAxe.3901

FC are a bunch of stream-sniping jerks. :P

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bllade.1029

Bllade.1029

Thy female parent may or may not be so obese that when we placed her amongst the Forge of Mystics, in return it granted us Slim Fast.

[VLK] – No one ever complains about bad Thieves, they die.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Colt.9051

Colt.9051

So that was why I saw Orange swords near the north camp when I zoned into HoD’s BLs to get to the fight club, haha xD Entertaining stuff :P

Daeaera ~ Leader of Grape Justice! [FGJ]

in Match-ups

Posted by: doublebb.6574

doublebb.6574

That was the end of our “green arrow” event. (Green arrow, as in upleveled) 90% of us were on lowbies. We always try to end the event with a spectacular fail, so we attacked a max upgraded bay. Then we failed at failing. I’m still disappointed.

xD that was a beautiful sight to behold. That first HoD push had me dying from laughter (no offence guys but surely your friend told you we had rams there right?), although the end result was as expected. Gotta love having a week like this where we don’t have to stress out to win and can just take a loss with some fun. It was a fun week SF and HoD.

| Kyroen~Sylv Thief | Resliana Oryk~Norn Warr |
| Im Dying Im Dying~Sylv Mesmer (in progress)| Oh Wait Im Fine Nvm~Norn Necro (in progress) |
Gate of Madness~Proud Officer of [ASH]

in Match-ups

Arius.7031

the list goes on and on.

Darkhaven’s Furnace

The weak time you have is euro time, looks like ours. However, rivalizing with FC is meaningless. Send 20 people to back cap their 1 only and single huge 80 man zerg. But your 1am to 5am server time coverage, that is just huge and it was the source of most of your points.

Your points get decent from 11pm server time and last until 5am server which means you have got to have something going on other than a bunch of kids in mom’s basement in California. You still wont match HoD, we can all agree that they are stacked, but you’re probably second best in bronze in that time slot.

Go back to what I’ve said PT. You just conceded my point by not actually rebutting my claim. I said we had a solid prime time coverage, among the best in bronze league, if not the third best behind SF and HoD. So it is not “meaningless” if our prime time is better than FC. We’re not HoD or SF but we show up for primetime.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Plains of Ashes.5941

Plains of Ashes.5941

GG all for a fun week everyone. Was definitely better before ANET suddenly turned every GoM into a Skritt. Now I think there are actually fewer GoM sightings then there are bigfoot sightings.

Big /cheers to HoD’s awesome night crew for a job well done!

in Match-ups

Posted by: JamboHammer.4397

JamboHammer.4397

im in wvw usually from daily reset till like 3-4 hours later when i go to bed, sometimes ill stay on a bit later if the fights are good/often enough. Edit. pretty sure his thoughts are somthing like this *its ok when i use it but if someone else uses it on me then thats not fair cause only im allowed to use cheese builds /rage*

lol cheese? torment runes? lol no i run 2 +15% bleed duration and a +15% torm duration idk how u can even say thats cheese considering its not in any way but u can call it rage and cry about it all u want u can protect perplexity runes all u want doesnt change the fact that ur calling a none cheese build cheese which makes me laugh pretty hard LOL and ur from HOT? ive seen HOT this week and not even once have they given me a challenge must of been u

Aren’t you the S/S LB regen warrior? Probably 0/10/30/30/0.

ya i changed to that build to fight an sf mesmer that wanted to fight my condi build i did have a better one stashed but stopped useing it for awhile and forgot the traits. and i mostly run sw/sw sw/sh with that build havent ran it in a while when i changed to a gs/axe/shield build then more ppl wanted to duel so i wanted to practice some with longbow. already changed back to my gs axe/shield build

Nsp,Gom,Mag[Yaks Bend] Asura Thief- Chronic Fangs/Asura War- Karcerus/Norn Mes- Karcmerus
Charr Ele- Mack Jack/Human Guardian- Karcian/Human Necro- Karcermancer/
Asura Rev- Kushatronium/Asura Engi- Kushatronic /Sylvari Ranger- Karcushian

(edited by JamboHammer.4397)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Calm Snorlax.5308

Calm Snorlax.5308

xD that was a beautiful sight to behold. That first HoD push had me dying from laughter (no offence guys but surely your friend told you we had rams there right?), although the end result was as expected. Gotta love having a week like this where we don’t have to stress out to win and can just take a loss with some fun. It was a fun week SF and HoD.

I think that was when we kept throwing rams in inner without checking supply to see what we could do, ended up with four of them or something. Was a blast. Now I have a level 7 Charr Warrior to join in on the leveling aspect. Should be even more fun.

As far as the matchup goes for the past week, it was fun, even if we (GoM) did fall behind. gg all.