Sea of Sorrows vs Tarnished Coast vs Maguuma week 7

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Okay I’m sorry, you’re right i don’t need to put in and IT ticket. I’ll take this guys 24" >> when he goes to the washroom.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jaxs.5830

Jaxs.5830

“zZzZ fighting outnumbered” made my day

Yea I thought that was pretty funny as well.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jaxs.5830

Jaxs.5830

Or maybe it’s to level alts a little bit without having to pve.

ZzZz fights outnumbered all the time, it’s what we do, but I obviously you don’t have a clue. Honestly, you seem a little kitten-hurt. Keep it up, I’m sure your attitude will get you far in life.

PS. Anet structured the WvW reward system in a way that encourages karma trains… ESPECIALLY when there is NO ONE to fight.

I recommend crafting to level alts.

I am fully aware that the reward structure of WvW favors blobbing and karma trains, that does not change that they are a boring snooze fest and a parasite on the game.

Given your guild tags, your attitude towards play is to blob up like sheep and play with little personal risk or challenge. Since you apparently think what happens in game/forums has an impact on your life, you might want to take this into consideration. Personally I think it’s just a game and playing like a herd animal will have no negative effect upon your life, so don’t worry about it.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Or maybe it’s to level alts a little bit without having to pve.

ZzZz fights outnumbered all the time, it’s what we do, but I obviously you don’t have a clue. Honestly, you seem a little kitten-hurt. Keep it up, I’m sure your attitude will get you far in life.

PS. Anet structured the WvW reward system in a way that encourages karma trains… ESPECIALLY when there is NO ONE to fight.

I recommend crafting to level alts.

I am fully aware that the reward structure of WvW favors blobbing and karma trains, that does not change that they are a boring snooze fest and a parasite on the game.

Given your guild tags, your attitude towards play is to blob up like sheep and play with little personal risk or challenge. Since you apparently think what happens in game/forums has an impact on your life, you might want to take this into consideration. Personally I think it’s just a game and playing like a herd animal will have no negative effect upon your life, so don’t worry about it.

We try to drill this into our folks as well. If you only have an uplevel and don’t have the means or patience to take the ~50 hours of gameplay it takes to craft and gain xp via exploration; we ask them to man arrowcarts and just about anything other than join a zerg in combat.

It’s getting to the point where I look for the green arrow before I decide to rez someone.

in Match-ups

Hexin.5603

Crafting takes 8 hours, 0-400 for all 8 professions. It’s boring as hell, but with the 20 lvl scroll – huzzuh 80.

Costs roughly 90-95G for the mats… not that I have alts, or have crafted alts for others friends before.

They don’t do that, they either too cheapo/broke … or ignorant.

in Match-ups

Posted by: electriette.8952

electriette.8952

it costs 145 gold now, assuming you bought all the mats. it costed me around 120 gold to level my warrior to 80.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Crafting 0-400 only gets you 7 lvls per craft btw. It’s a shame they backed that off…

in Match-ups

Hexin.5603

Your right, add a booster. or run from LA to Orr to get your exotic karma back piece anyway.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Wow the direction this thread went… well just to correct the posts you non-crafters are making about crafting…
1. It’s not 145g to do 0-400 on all 8, it’s not even 120g.
2. 20+7x8=76, do 400-425 by refining t6 ore/wood/leather will basically finish your leveling for free (sometimes these refinements are even at a profit…)
3. Using a crafting booster does not give you more crafting exp from doing 0-400, it just reduces the materials required to get there.

(edited by Player Character.9467)

in Match-ups

Posted by: urak.4863

urak.4863

Wow the direction this thread went… well just to correct the posts you non-crafters are making about crafting…

3. Using a crafting booster does not give you more crafting exp from doing 0-400, it just reduces the materials required to get there.

Thanks for pointing this out. Way too few people know about this and still think crafting boosters actually boost total EXP received…

I eat breakfast for dinner.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

http://www.gw2crafts.net/

Seems like people don’t know this site exists?

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

crafting 0-400 gives 10 levels, not 7. you can only get 40 level (0-400) from crafting per char

in Match-ups

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

crafting 0-400 gives 10 levels, not 7. you can only get 40 level (0-400) from crafting per char

I thought they scaled it down after releasing level 500 crafting

/pvediscussion

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

i enjoyed doing pve events and champ hunting to level up my sov in the old days, and only went to wvw when I was 80 because back then in vabbi it’s just 3-5 of us roaming around the map and running away from a very big zerg. Fun times.

Other than that as expected, let the pvf begin. weee

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cottontail.8526

Cottontail.8526

No, it gives 7. 0-500 gives 10, just as other guy said. This means there’s only 65 levels of crafting exp currently available in the game. Not that I think anyone will ever do 425-500 when when using this method to level ults, so it’s currently closer to 58 1/2.

I’d value all 8 professions at about 100g total.
You might as well do cooking on every character ever because it only costs like 2g (run cof1 once) for 7 levels.

in Match-ups

electriette.8952

1. It’s not 145g to do 0-400 on all 8, it’s not even 120g.
2. 20+7x8=76, do 400-425 by refining t6 ore/wood/leather will basically finish your leveling for free (sometimes these refinements are even at a profit…)

oh, i forgot to point out that i was following gw2crafts.net and was fast crafting. the 145g estimate is for fast-crafting. normal crafting drove me insane so :p

also a few of the mats that i used like quadrupled in price which made me cry but w/e

and i crafted three of my alts to 80 because i have a growing dislike for pve (and i don’t like bringing non-80s to wvw). i don’t craft regularly, but saying i’m a non-crafter is kinda sorta funny.

(edited by electriette.8952)

in Match-ups

Sovereign.1093

While crafting to 500 is expensive, you can easily get it back by selling the mats the next few weeks from that which you craft in the 500 lvl. ;3 So, it’s worth it if you’ve build your ascended gear.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in Match-ups

Posted by: Snafu.7412

Snafu.7412

What is this kitten? Stay on topic.

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

What is this kitten? Stay on topic.

On topic, SoS and Mag collected bags wholesale, but TC is still ticking ridiculously high.

Did I miss anything?

Actually it was real fun running with the Fang/RQ combo group. We got wiped a few times but we did a lot of wiping as well.
Watching TC I think that if Mag and SoS were to push for ppt above all else and put aside their love of open field fights that the score would be ridiculous close; but what would be fun about that?
Busting TC’s zergs has been some of the best fighting I’ve seen this season.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lurock Turoth.9085

Lurock Turoth.9085

To the Pvb guild on SoS, please Please PLEASE get off the up levels guys. I almost felt bad slaughtering you wholesale…almost XD.

Signed the [YOHO] Necro smacking you for 9k a shot!

Angst Hex, [FLOT] BG Havoc/Roaming
http://www.twitch.tv/disasterdrew

in Match-ups

Sovereign.1093

anyone from [cb] carebears here, pm me in game. want to have another 15v15 in jp?

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in Match-ups

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

Some staff ele PoV footage of Monday’s raid:

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in Match-ups

Sovereign.1093

Some staff ele PoV footage of Monday’s raid:

Nice one. Good kite there.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in Match-ups

Posted by: Middzz.1490

Middzz.1490

This is how you beat SoS. Get about 10 roamers. Have them agitate the zerg seperately. Each time you run away, 5 SoS will continue to chase for the entirety of the map. Keep this up and the zerg will be reduced to nothing.

But But the map will be covered in ACs everywhere then so messy .

in Match-ups

Posted by: Phedre Scion.1520

Phedre Scion.1520

This is how you beat SoS. Get about 10 roamers. Have them agitate the zerg seperately. Each time you run away, 5 SoS will continue to chase for the entirety of the map. Keep this up and the zerg will be reduced to nothing.

Then why didn’t you do it? I’m not seeing it in the score yet.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Warthog.6870

Warthog.6870

ding ding ding – it’s score time again!

Mag [DERP] [Goon]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Middzz.1490

Middzz.1490

Then why didn’t you do it? I’m not seeing it in the score yet.

…………they tripped on the ACs on the second lap…….

in Match-ups

Posted by: Buzzcrave.6197

Buzzcrave.6197

All the non important people are talking kitten and stuff, thinking they represent the whole player base of a server. It is amusing!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

All the non important people are talking kitten and stuff, thinking they represent the whole player base of a server. It is amusing!

Hey, all I see is a pleasant discussion about crafting…

in Match-ups

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

get ur logic out of my pvf

blob harder <insert server here>

in Match-ups

Hexin.5603

Yep fast crafting is roughly 145g, normal is 90-95g courtesy of huntsmen and weaponsmith being ridiculously $ (and yeah when you paying that much, your not really trying to cut corners to save 10g, I mean – that’s 1 night farming eachother)

Yeah I leveled 4 … last month … because … who the hell wants to level an alt the normal way (yuck). BTW … this thread inspired me to start a needy kids foundation for every upleveled opponents in WvW. Donate today, there are way too many ^^ .. all in the name of ranks lol.

Browncownow

in Match-ups

Posted by: kartek.6428

kartek.6428

tanbin actually has no armor he is poor

Kyra – Stormbluff Isle – [Agg] – Mesmer

in Match-ups

electriette.8952

he was so busy buying legendaries he forgot he had to wear armour

in Match-ups

Posted by: Comprissent.3856

Comprissent.3856

As soon as an even numbered fight happens on sos bl, TC retreats to their tower and sits on ACs. I have no words

GM – [Ark]ham

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

As soon as an even numbered fight happens on sos bl, TC retreats to their tower and sits on ACs. I have no words

Clearly you need torun with a more well- spoken crowd. We wax very eloquent about TC’s propensity for Siege Wars.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

Clearly you need torun with a more well- spoken crowd. We wax very eloquent about TC’s propensity for Siege Wars.

You wax very eloquent? HaWt.

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

in Match-ups

Posted by: Archtos.8523

Archtos.8523

Yeah just pour the wax all over me

Hyear Presia

in Match-ups

Posted by: iAmTheDuke.6201

iAmTheDuke.6201

I trait for siege.
I don’t need a glass cannon spec, I have a cannon waiting for you in a T3 tower/keep.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

Tarnished Coast Dolyak Parade
It’s the end of season 1!!! So, come and celebrate that it is finally over by joining TC in a dolyak parade! Come as a dolyak, or anything else you wish. Just a fun time amongst all three servers!

For those who do not know, the Dolyak parade is a time where we get together and just have fun, and of course, parade around as dolyaks around the borderlands! Of course, you do not have to be a dolyak if you do not wish to be.So come out and celebrate the dolyaks, who sacrifice much for our endless war!

Information

• Where: WvW borderlands. The exact one will be chosen ~1 hr beforehand
  • When: Thursday (12/5) at 7 PM Server Time
  • Who: Anyone is willing to participate! If you come and need a tonic, just ask a friendly DOLY representative and we can give you some to join in!
  • How: If you choose to become a dolyak, there are 2 ways: a Ruminant Tonic, and a Dolyak Tincture (feel free to wiki these). Of course any other kind of tonic is welcome, or even none at all if you just want to run along!

If anyone has any questions, comments, concerns, or good dolyak jokes, feel free to send me a message!

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

(edited by Handin.4032)

in Match-ups

Comprissent.3856

You don’t really have to worry about GvGs anymore now that arena is out

GM – [Ark]ham

in Match-ups

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Wow Eva, please don’t flirt with the enemy. We’re not letting you transfer again yet.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

I trait for siege.
I don’t need a glass cannon spec, I have a cannon waiting for you in a T3 tower/keep.

I go full carrion b/c I prefer ACs and my bleeds can tick for a lot.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

Wow Eva, please don’t flirt with the enemy. We’re not letting you transfer again yet.

B-but I like transferring! It keeps things new and exciting! :P

Don’t worry too much though. I had to send my computer in for repairs, so I don’t have the $ to xfer anytime soon even if I wanted to

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

(edited by Evalana.5480)

in Match-ups

Posted by: x per fection x.2096

x per fection x.2096

That farm in SoS Garrison. Finger is numb from hitting AOE loot over and over

[Ark]Noober

in Match-ups

Comprissent.3856

Shoutout to CNB for 50+ warbanners on Garrison lord so we could keep collecting your bags

GM – [Ark]ham

in Match-ups

Posted by: hobbes.6178

hobbes.6178

This new pizza shop opened up in my town and I decided to try it. I got 2 slices of pizza with peppers, onions, mushrooms, bacon, scrambled egg, potato chunks and hot sauce on it. It was one of the best things I have ever eaten.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

But we kept you out of garri, so we still won =)

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

in Match-ups

Posted by: x per fection x.2096

x per fection x.2096

Did you keep us out, or did we keep you in? 250k kills doesn’t come from ppt and pvd.
Gotta farm that Dragonite too, new gear and all

[Ark]Noober

(edited by x per fection x.2096)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

Did you keep us out, or did we keep you in? 250k kills doesn’t come from ppt and pvd.
Gotta farm that Dragonite too, new gear and all

250k kills comes from playing too kitten much.

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Every night on Magbl we’ve had this week, the mag group there refused to fight without ACs. even if they out numbered us.

As always though, fun fights tonight. Sorry for all the moas o;

Lunar Fighter
Tarnished Coast, Hammer guy of [NOPE]