SoR/Blackgate/Mag 11/08/2013 Gold week 4

in Match-ups

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Goodjob Sor and Mag.. really glad to see and hear about another group of skilled guilds and players like those on Mag are laughing and realizing how weak BG is.

BG see a group of Mags, Mags see a group of BAGS!

#Mag2013

Moar bags, watch out for that 15 man Mag blob -http://youtu.be/x7dohXUWKAo

Also we have 2 GvG’s so far this week with SoR but none with BG. Would hate to not get one with BG after doing so much PPT just to get into Gold so we could play against T1 guilds.

A lot of BG guilds do not do GvG, they prefer unstaged open field fights. Your best luck would be PLX or maybe OnS on Thursday or Friday when the score is determined.

Score was determined on reset, you don’t need a margin in leagues just to be 1st.

the amount of bags on sor bl tonight have been 2much4metohandle

The little corners of garrison where people dropped merchants… <3

in Match-ups

Player Character.9467

Also perhaps someone from Mag can explain how the ability to follow the commander’s instructions and move and attack as a co-ordinated unit, combined with the commander’s ability to position his force and know when to charge != skill in blob vs blob engagements

Because pushing forward with guardian staff 1 and relying on the fact that skill autos always keep going in skill lag is not skill…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

Because pushing forward with guardian staff 1 and relying on the fact that skill autos always keep going in skill lag is not skill…

I only get skill lag on the really big engagements so there’s usually a lot more to large scale fights for me than pressing 1.

The skill set focuses less on micro level counterplay and skill rotation and more on organization, coordination and teamwork.

in Match-ups

Player Character.9467

I only get skill lag on the really big engagements so there’s usually a lot more to large scale fights for me than pressing 1.

The skill set focuses less on micro level counterplay and skill rotation and more on organization, coordination and teamwork.

Right, and bashing 1 while following a cool ranch dorrito is something made easier to do by being under the influence.

in Match-ups

Israel.7056

Right, and bashing 1 while following a cool ranch dorrito is something made easier to do by being under the influence.

There’s really more to it than that but ok.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

A lot of BG guilds do not do GvG, they prefer unstaged open field fights. Your best luck would be PLX or maybe OnS on Thursday or Friday when the score is determined.

All I hear is “we like blobbing.”

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Reslinal.2359

Reslinal.2359

Goodjob Sor and Mag.. really glad to see and hear about another group of skilled guilds and players like those on Mag are laughing and realizing how weak BG is.

#Mag2013

Also we have 2 GvG’s so far this week with SoR but none with BG. Would hate to not get one with BG after doing so much PPT just to get into Gold so we could play against T1 guilds.

Score was determined on reset, you don’t need a margin in leagues just to be 1st.

Against Mag yes, but we don’t want to underestimate SoR or any T1 servers and will only consider the score is determined when a clear victory is guaranteed against them.

Blackgate Engineer

in Match-ups

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

I’m loving the roaming so far despite being constantly double teamed by stun spamming warriors from bg and be 3v1ed by thieves spamming 2.

Bad Elementalist

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

OHHHHH God…. Total 160 bag slots keep filling up… I’m out of room – I need MORE MERCHANTS, Kyra! SoR Garri is too much fun tonight – I’m never sleeping.

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

(edited by Evalana.5480)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Comprissent.3856

Comprissent.3856

18 warbanners later maguuma claims SoR garrison

I have never had to combat salvage so much in my life

GM – [Ark]ham

in Match-ups

Player Character.9467

#Mag2013

Against Mag yes, but we don’t want to underestimate SoR or any T1 servers and will only consider the score is determined when a clear victory is guaranteed against them.

Oh please, you know as well as the rest of us that you can take SoR in a ppt race. When it comes to holding SoR’s garrison tho ur on equal footing.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

Best. Night. EVER!!! Thanks for the fun, SoR / BG!

Best part was that I had fraps running the whole time (forgot to turn it off)…. oops – hahahehe

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

(edited by Evalana.5480)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Snafu.7412

Snafu.7412

SoR is best farm NA.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jorjeis.2169

Jorjeis.2169

Pretty much this. All I hear is “we’re going to deride it because we’re not good enough to do it”.

Member of [KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Poliswag.8240

Poliswag.8240

Impressions thus far are that this week should be pretty decent for roaming. I haven’t been blown away by the challenge, but at least there’s a reasonable number of small scale fights.

RIOT and oPP were the guilds I was looking forward to fighting, and there were mixed results. RIOT seems pretty decent; should get a few fights out of them. oPP, well, I’m going to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume the engi I fought today isn’t representative of the guild as a whole.

Perhaps the fights would be better if you didn’t run off to reset or gank with a condi ele + thief

[IX][oPP] Poliswag – Engineer

in Match-ups

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

Pretty much this. All I hear is “we’re going to deride it because we’re not good enough to do it”.

Lot of pve’ers think what they do is complex and skillful, too.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sunt.6835

Sunt.6835

you aren’t really into fights that much either. I mean there’s literally 0 scouts inside of any of your structures lol…

Tower hugging scouts = fights
#T1

You have a point, you can’t have scouts if you don’t own anything. :/

Best post of the day lmao

BG

in Match-ups

dreztina.4820

Impressions thus far are that this week should be pretty decent for roaming. I haven’t been blown away by the challenge, but at least there’s a reasonable number of small scale fights.

RIOT and oPP were the guilds I was looking forward to fighting, and there were mixed results. RIOT seems pretty decent; should get a few fights out of them. oPP, well, I’m going to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume the engi I fought today isn’t representative of the guild as a whole.

Perhaps the fights would be better if you didn’t run off to reset or gank with a condi ele + thief

wut?

Maguuma

in Match-ups

Israel.7056

PVE can require skill if it’s difficult enough. It’s just a totally different skillset than the one PvPers develop.

Different toolsets for different obstacles.

in Match-ups

Poliswag.8240

wut?

The one fight we had where you didn’t gank me with your iLL condi ele buddy, or the 7k mid-fight backstab I caught during the second, you turned around and bolted with 30% hp and reset.

in Match-ups

dreztina.4820

The one fight we had where you didn’t gank me with your iLL condi ele buddy, or the 7k mid-fight backstab I caught during the second, you turned around and bolted with 30% hp and reset.

Lol who are you? I’m not sure you’re thinking of the right ele.

Maguuma

in Match-ups

Poliswag.8240

You’re the tagless, black-clad human Ele running D/D with 30 arcana and Avatar of Melandru, yeah?

I’m the Engi you insist is a poor representation of oPP – only much you can do when outnumbered or ganked.

in Match-ups

FrownyClown.8402

5 man roaming groups on every bl from blackgate killing solo roamers. lol

Bad Elementalist

in Match-ups

dreztina.4820

You’re the tagless, black-clad human Ele running D/D with 30 arcana and Avatar of Melandru, yeah?

I’m the Engi you insist is a poor representation of oPP – only much you can do when outnumbered or ganked.

Wait what? How in the world did you convince yourself you got outnumbered? The early fights were 2v2s, and then I killed you 2-3 times completely solo, even when you had help from a mesmer. Like when you tried to 1v2 me and I left and you /laughed, then you followed me south a bit, and as soon as the second guy left I turned around and flawless ko’ed you. Did I have help there too?

Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

PVE can require skill if it’s difficult enough. It’s just a totally different skillset than the one PvPers develop.

Requires reactions, reading of tells, and knowledge of class mechanics. Pretty similar skill set to PvP. You actually learn more valuable tools by playing PvE than you do by running around in a blob.

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Reslinal.2359

Reslinal.2359

#Mag2013

Oh please, you know as well as the rest of us that you can take SoR in a ppt race. When it comes to holding SoR’s garrison tho ur on equal footing.

Maybe to you who are not familiar with T1 fights. Just in the second week since League starts BG came back from an almost 20k deficit on the weekend. And before that happened, many people also believed that SoR was surely going to win the ppt race in that week.

If you are interested I can give you several more examples of a perceived weaker T1 server came back from a big deficit and actually took the win, some times even on the last day.

Blackgate Engineer

(edited by Reslinal.2359)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bashido.8694

Bashido.8694

Guess I play at different times then all the good Maguma roamers ;P Lots of perplex Maguma roamers that are terrible, I have noticed that. Back pedal more!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

#Mag2013

Maybe to you who are not familiar with T1 fights. Just in the second week since League starts BG came back from an almost 20k deficit on the weekend. And before that happened, many people also believed that SoR was surely going to win the ppt race in that week.

If you are interested I can give you several more examples of a perceived weaker T1 server came back from a big deficit and actually took the win, some times even on the last day.

what if we promise to 2v1 sor if bg stops stressin and does some gvg’s

the ppt life so stressful

in Match-ups

Poliswag.8240

Wait what? How in the world did you convince yourself you got outnumbered? The early fights were 2v2s, and then I killed you 2-3 times completely solo, even when you had help from a mesmer. Like when you tried to 1v2 me and I left and you /laughed, then you followed me south a bit, and as soon as the second guy left I turned around and flawless ko’ed you. Did I have help there too?

Fuzzy memory you seem to have. That, or selective, anyhow. The “2v2” you speak of I jumped in on to help out a warrior you were gangbanging with the iLL ele, and he was downed as soon as I entered the fight – in case you weren’t aware, a 2v1 into a second 2v1 doesn’t constitute a 2v2.

The times you killed me “solo” were:
1 – Beat me by the drakes. That was your fight, fair and square – as I would expect, considering this is the first day I’ve been roaming with this build.
2 – I was backstabbed for 7k mid-fight by a Mag thief.
3 – By the eagle raptors, I unloaded on you and dodged your immob + earthquake, you ran away towards the rock at 30% hp using blink + RTL to break combat, reset, and then came back and beat me with my cooldowns having been burnt. Classy.

in Match-ups

Posted by: celeron.3469

celeron.3469

Guess I play at different times then all the good Maguma roamers ;P Lots of perplex Maguma roamers that are terrible, I have noticed that. Back pedal more!

I tried to set up some duels at windmill on red map last night, there was a maguuma ele there. Wanted to give those guys a good welcome. Whispered everyone I had on my friendslist that roams, to try and get some people down there. We had an ok amount, but it was mostly BG and SoR.

in Match-ups

Israel.7056

Requires reactions, reading of tells, and knowledge of class mechanics. Pretty similar skill set to PvP. You actually learn more valuable tools by playing PvE than you do by running around in a blob.

Yeah you’re right I misspoke, they’re not totally different skillsets.

in Match-ups

FrownyClown.8402

I bet you 5v1ed them like most ive seen tonight

Bad Elementalist

in Match-ups

dreztina.4820

Fuzzy memory you seem to have. That, or selective, anyhow. The “2v2” you speak of I jumped in on to help out a warrior you were gangbanging with the iLL ele, and he was downed as soon as I entered the fight – in case you weren’t aware, a 2v1 into a second 2v1 doesn’t constitute a 2v2.

1 – Beat me by the drakes. That was your fight, fair and square – as I would expect, considering this is the first day I’ve been roaming with this build.
3 – By the eagle raptors, I unloaded on you and dodged your immob + earthquake, you ran away towards the rock at 30% hp using blink + RTL to break combat, reset, and then came back and beat me with my cooldowns having been burnt. Classy.

Lol. Sounds like a bunch of excuses for getting beaten until you wouldn’t take a step out of cannon range. Any running away I did from you was because you were hugging the kitten out of your tower and getting constant reinforcements and siege backup. Like that fight by the rock, the one where I ran away at 30%? You seem to be leaving out the mesmer add.

It was a high traffic area, there were adds on both sides, but at the end of the day, you got kitten on harder than a German porn star after Oktoberfest.

Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

Just in the second week since League starts BG came back from an almost 20k deficit on the weekend. And before that happened, many people also believed that SoR was surely going to win the ppt race in that week.

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

in Match-ups

Posted by: Satori.7268

Satori.7268

I bet you 5v1ed them like most ive seen tonight

If they’re running perplexity and backpedaling they deserve to be 5v1ed

in Match-ups

Poliswag.8240

Lol. Sounds like a bunch of excuses for getting beaten until you wouldn’t take a step out of cannon range. Any running away I did from you was because you were hugging the kitten out of your tower and getting constant reinforcements and siege backup. Like that fight by the rock, the one where I ran away at 30%? You seem to be leaving out the mesmer add.

It was a high traffic area, there were adds on both sides, but at the end of the day, you got kitten on harder than a German porn star after Oktoberfest.

Easy tiger, you’re making up more and more as this discussion goes on. We were fighting by the eagle raptors to the east of SW camp sentry, and you tucked your tail and popped all of your escapes to reset the fight. The mesmer came in after you had reset the fight, except I have only a single, 1-condi clear – and you have ether renewal. You cleansed my condis while my health ticked down to 1/2 and yours reset.

Blame the cannon that was on you when you and your buddies were camping outside of the tower and I downed two of your thieves, blame lag, fabricate circumstances, do whatever you have to do. Just as long as you feel better, champ.

in Match-ups

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

holy kitten just go duel already

in Match-ups

Posted by: TheThiefMaster.3812

TheThiefMaster.3812

I’m up for a duel or two , going to SOR’s BL right now , whisper me in game.

Guild – BLNT , NS , oPP
IGN – Kinsz / Server – Sea of Sorrows
https://www.youtube.com/user/BLNTGw2

in Match-ups

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

[PYRO] looking for GvGs. Prefer either 15vs15s or 10vs10s.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in Match-ups

dreztina.4820

Easy tiger, you’re making up more and more as this discussion goes on. We were fighting by the eagle raptors to the east of SW camp sentry, and you tucked your tail and popped all of your escapes to reset the fight. The mesmer came in after you had reset the fight, except I have only a single, 1-condi clear – and you have ether renewal. You cleansed my condis while my health ticked down to 1/2 and yours reset.

Blame the cannon that was on you when you and your buddies were camping outside of the tower and I downed two of your thieves, blame lag, fabricate circumstances, do whatever you have to do. Just as long as you feel better, champ.

Lol. Well, at least now I know not to bother looking for oPP. If getting owned and making up excuses is all you can do, there are better fights out there.

Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: SonofNoob.3102

SonofNoob.3102

SoR is best farm NA.

Agreed, they sure are profitable in farming yields.

in Match-ups

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

Ran into a Knight ranked player that matches that description. Same guy? If so, he tried to reset from almost every fight with me, too.

in Match-ups

Poliswag.8240

Lol. Well, at least now I know not to bother looking for oPP. If getting owned and making up excuses is all you can do, there are better fights out there.

HI! Thanks for the bag!

in Match-ups

dreztina.4820

HI! Thanks for the bag!

Grats on the win. Think that’s 3-1 now.

Maguuma

in Match-ups

Poliswag.8240

Props on not adding into that fight I was having vs the d/p thief, though.

in Match-ups

dreztina.4820

Ya, not going to win as long as I keep trying to fight on top of your ult.

Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: MadSpin.2041

MadSpin.2041

HI! Thanks for the bag!

Grats on the win. Think that’s 3-1 now.

…waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait for it!

Melanin – Considered by many players to be the Blackest™ WvW roaming Ele from Blackgate.
http://melementalist.com/booncondcontrol-cheatsheet/
http://www.twitch.tv/madspin

in Match-ups

Player Character.9467

Except there is no difficult PvE…

in Match-ups

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

Except there is no difficult PvE…

Go do lvl70+ fractals

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

in Match-ups

Player Character.9467

#Mag2013

what if we promise to 2v1 sor if bg stops stressin and does some gvg’s

the ppt life so stressful

Oh my god yes. Pyro, Ark, VR, and kitten will defend your objectives in exchange for GvG’s.