SoR/Blackgate/Mag 11/08/2013 Gold week 4

in Match-ups

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

Perhaps I am wrong, but right now BG seems too congested to roam on. Every time you turn around you seem like you would have friendlies adding on your fight or acting as rally bait, plus you would always be waiting on someone to get through que.

Yeah it can be a little chaotic. Sometimes they’ll get adds sometimes we’ll get adds. I never know exactly what’s gonna happen and I suppose that’s part of the allure of t1 roaming. It’s random, it’s dynamic, it’s not always going to be fair.

The queues can be a little obnoxious depending on the time of the day but I’ve been able to deal with it.

in Match-ups

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

Reslinal:
I guess I did not make my point clear. What I am saying is bloodlust actually plays a much more important role in deciding who is going to win in a T1 match-up than in lower tiers where coverage completely dictates results. As a result, small team roaming and winning outnumbered fights in T1 actually contributes significantly to a server’s success.

So if you are looking for an ideal system where “gamemode promoted repeatedly winning outnumbered fights somehow leading to us having a chance at winning server match-ups”, you should consider transferring to a T1 server like JQ or SoR. You will get plenty of fights, both outnumberer and against skilled roamers in BG, while also contribute significantly to your server’s goal of winning T1 matches.
———————————————————————————————————————————————————-

Right, it can have an advantage, but simply securing it and holding onto at least one as Mag facing SoR and BG can be a pretty big challenge.

Overall I think bloodlust was a not-horrible attempt at balancing coverage out a tiny but, but the implementation still favors the higher coverage servers who can afford extra players to deny bloodlust to one or more opponents.

What I am trying to say is holding bloodlust won’t help Mag beating BG, but may actually help JQ to beat BG if you guys are on JQ. So if you want to make a difference to a server’s performance as a roamer (your ideal gamemode), you should consider transferring to a T1 server where coverage problem is less severe. You will still get plenty of fights as you are on Mag, but now your winning will actually have a greater purpose.

I think what he is trying to say is that he wants Mag in his threads more often.

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Poliswag.8240

Poliswag.8240

I heard Mag likes to solo roam.

Attachments:

[IX][oPP] Poliswag – Engineer

in Match-ups

Posted by: KumaTazZ.8054

KumaTazZ.8054

Who run PVT? PVT is for starter. We run Sentinel coz we can afford it.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

Previously on As the Forum Turns:

Mag: Look how awesome I am, collecting all the Badgegate lootz like a Baws!
Badgegate: I totally finished my Dungeon Master title while waiting in queue. PPT so stronk. You should join Badgegate so you can be an awesome PvP player like me.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in Match-ups

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

Mag does care about PPT – until it’s time for gold league qualifiers

we’ll be here with yall ~every season~

Maybe u should move to SoR. They claim they dont play for PPT neither but they at least can put numbers in open field fight.

Because “putting numbers” is fun. If Mag wanted, we could assemble quite possibly the scariest megablob of guild groups you’ve ever seen… it’s just boring.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in Match-ups

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

On MAGBL earlier.

Trebbing from Citadel onto NE Tower…

I thought blackgate was a carvermeta T1 server? Citadel treb has been meta for months now, please keep up.

Maybe u should move to SoR. They claim they dont play for PPT neither but they at least can put numbers in open field fight.

Because “putting numbers” is fun. If Mag wanted, we could assemble quite possibly the scariest megablob of guild groups you’ve ever seen… it’s just boring.

PYRO-Ark-VR-INC-DE|RP nuthug party tonight? I’ll bring the nose plugs.

[VAPID] now openly recruiting! (sorry, those initials work too well)

(edited by Player Character.9467)

in Match-ups

Posted by: kartek.6428

kartek.6428

I heard Mag likes to solo roam.

lol TyE lol EK lol BIM who is BIM lol QC who’s QC beats me lol this post

Kyra – Stormbluff Isle – [Agg] – Mesmer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Retsuko.2035

Retsuko.2035

Excuses….
Megablob vs Megablob (or zerg vs zerg) are usually the most epic fights.

Retsu ~ Inner Monkey [IM] ~ Piken Square

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

Excuses….

A meta decided by the profession with the best 1 spam and dodgerolling aka guardians with staff.

Sizes where you can use utilities are my pref.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gully.7358

Gully.7358

Hehe… There was a 40+ man Mag group zerging around the SoR map, if they didn’t zerg before then they sure learned fast

Veretta • Guildleader of [oPP] Over Powered PeopleBlackgate
http://www.gw2opp.comhttp://www.youtube.com/user/oppveretta

in Match-ups

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

On MAGBL earlier.

Trebbing from Citadel onto NE Tower…

I thought blackgate was a carvermeta T1 server? Citadel treb has been meta for months now, please keep up.

PYRO-Ark-VR-INC-DE|RP nuthug party tonight? I’ll bring the nose plugs.

[VAPID] now openly recruiting! (sorry, those initials work too well)

VaRk would become PeRk ? idk this is difficult

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: skeeman.3140

skeeman.3140

Maguuma’s biggest problem right now is itself. I’ve seen too many instances of people instructing others to report players for scamming because they didn’t drive a golem where the mumble commander wanted it. If the player didn’t drop the golem, have the person who did kick them out. If they dropped the golem, oh well.

Gold league has made WvW less fun. Not because we are losing, but because people are taking the game way too seriously. Can you believe the nerve of that newbie? How dare they attempt to try driving a golem! They died a whole minute before the rest of our golems did three minutes later when we got rolled by that zerg when we tried to take Stone Mist!

What’s that meme? The internet: serious business? I guess…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kiff.8157

Kiff.8157

Excuses….

A meta decided by the profession with the best 1 spam and dodgerolling aka guardians with staff.

Spam 1? I have all my 10 skills used depends on the situation, commander’s position, even dodge have to dodge wisely. You don’t understand why are we doing this. It’s okay, You train yourself to be a hero-like player but some of us love to play as a team and community and that’s why we’re in T1 again. This game is not about you or the solo player. We paid for the game, we have the right to choose what mode to play and it is not in your concern that whether we spam 1 or not.

in Match-ups

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Excuses….

Spam 1? I have all my 10 skills used depends on the situation, commander’s position, even dodge have to dodge wisely. You don’t understand why are we doing this. It’s okay, You train yourself to be a hero-like player but some of us love to play as a team and community and that’s why we’re in T1 again. This game is not about you or the solo player. We paid for the game, we have the right to choose what mode to play and it is not in your concern that whether we spam 1 or not.

That’s what every hammer trains say. They also work best with skill lag as the server prioritizes auto attacks first

Bad Elementalist

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

Right now though, we have to make a choice given Anet’s design decisions. Either face consistent, challenging outnumbered fights but lose the PPT fight every week, or join a zerg server and play for PPT but feel like we’re steamrolling over people through sheer numbers advantage. And there’s no question we’d rather have the former than the latter.

sw

I think that’s a false dichotomy. But it also seems like a manufactured psychological win-win. If you lose no one cares because no one expects you to win and if you win you get to gloat and feel superior because no one expects you to win. See what I mean? That’s the psychological advantage of being the underdog and I think why so many people like to see themselves cast in that role.

I can understand this. There’s a psychological pressure in being the top dog and the favorite to win. Every win is taken for granted, no one is ever surprised or impressed. Every loss is seen as being an indication of weakness or lack of skill. Losers deride winners with bitterness and resentment and winners are hardly ever popular. There are few things that humans enjoy more than seeing a winner disgraced. Misery loves company as they say.

I’d still rather be in a position to win. I’d rather know that my side has the strength to come out victorious. It’s nice to be the underdog but I feel that it’s more frustrating to feel that my efforts are ultimately going to be for nothing. If that frustration ever outweighs the self-satisfaction you get to feel from being the underdog I would advise that you consider a transfer.

I’ll just call that #t1logic because it’s incomprehensible to me. The matches where we outnumber the other servers are the WORST matches. I quit this game for months when mag had a series like that. You’re referring to PPT like it’s the sole reason to WvW while I don’t honestly understand how PPT could have any meaning to anyone unless there was a competition for the outcome.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

Excuses….

You’re lying to yourself if you think there isn’t debilitating skill lag in megazorg vs megazorg. We did SoR vs BG vs Mag in SoR’s garrison this weekend, and we had to sit tight until one of you wiped before we could move just so we could use buttons again. That’s not fun. Generally once BG was dead the game could resume.

The teamplay curve levels off at some point when you have 40+ people with a mark over one guy’s head and you’re effectively just playing simon says with empowers, blasts, and stab.

The teamplay exists just as much or moreso all the way down to 2v2. The only reason someone would prefer huge blobs is the safety of group blame sharing. I encourage you to try lower numbers, where when you lose, your list of reasons has your own name at the top.

in Match-ups

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

SoR Vs. BG isn’t normally laggy. Since Mag only seems to play on two maps, lag is non-existent for most of us.

in Match-ups

Kiff.8157

That’s what every hammer trains say. They also work best with skill lag as the server prioritizes auto attacks first

Skill lag only happens when JQ/BG/SOR 80×3 men on the same map blobbing.
If you’re experiencing skill lag with two 60 man blob, my advice is get your rig upgraded and pay for better isp and please don’t blame the game or players just because you can’t afford it.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Entioch.6594

Entioch.6594

Excuses….

I’m sensing…..Asian? maybe South American, Pacific Islander?

Hidden Sin[ONI]
ERP guild looking for members.

(edited by Entioch.6594)

in Match-ups

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Mag must be mad from getting zerged. They are zerging so much in sor bl atm. I can’t find a single solo roamer lol. They adapt so quickly.

Yeah we 10 manned quite a bit yesterday. Was surprised. Did mel contact you to duel me yet

Bad Elementalist

in Match-ups

Posted by: JaredKincade.9761

JaredKincade.9761

Maguuma’s biggest problem right now is itself. I’ve seen too many instances of people instructing others to report players for scamming because they didn’t drive a golem where the mumble commander wanted it. If the player didn’t drop the golem, have the person who did kick them out. If they dropped the golem, oh well.

Gold league has made WvW less fun. Not because we are losing, but because people are taking the game way too seriously. Can you believe the nerve of that newbie? How dare they attempt to try driving a golem! They died a whole minute before the rest of our golems did three minutes later when we got rolled by that zerg when we tried to take Stone Mist!

What’s that meme? The internet: serious business? I guess…

Can’t kick golum drivers. All servers have this problem. Thats why you build 20.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Super Wilson.7408

Super Wilson.7408

I realize this post is a little late… but I did not get time to post it last week durring JQ’s match up with #magswag.

I did not get a lot of time to play WvW this last week VS. Maguma. But the times that I did get in, when I wasn’t sitting in Queue, I ran into a few of Maguma’s roamers and they seemed to enjoy dueling at the windmill. So I hit record whenever they wanted a duel. One duel I did not record was vs. a mesmer that made me look like I had never played the game before. Sorry I didn’t get the footage.. but you know who you are.

in Match-ups

Mag must be mad from getting zerged. They are zerging so much in sor bl atm. I can’t find a single solo roamer lol. They adapt so quickly.

Mag on SoR BL have abandoned all pretense of solo roaming.

in Match-ups

Posted by: JaredKincade.9761

JaredKincade.9761

Good, maybe they are finally getting some fun fights.

:D

in Match-ups

Player Character.9467

One duel I did not record was vs. a mesmer that made me look like I had never played the game before.

Warrior lost a duel, some1 call the balance team and fix this.

in Match-ups

Player Character.9467

Sounds like you missed last night when we took your garrison. 2k kills in 2 hours ftw.

in Match-ups

Sounds like you missed last night when we took your garrison. 2k kills in 2 hours ftw.

I did, actually. That’s not all that surprising because I haven’t played on BG BL once since season started.

in Match-ups

Kiff.8157

Excuses….

You’re lying to yourself if you think there isn’t debilitating skill lag in megazorg vs megazorg. We did SoR vs BG vs Mag in SoR’s garrison this weekend, and we had to sit tight until one of you wiped before we could move just so we could use buttons again. That’s not fun. Generally once BG was dead the game could resume.

The teamplay curve levels off at some point when you have 40+ people with a mark over one guy’s head and you’re effectively just playing simon says with empowers, blasts, and stab.

The teamplay exists just as much or moreso all the way down to 2v2. The only reason someone would prefer huge blobs is the safety of group blame sharing. I encourage you to try lower numbers, where when you lose, your list of reasons has your own name at the top.

Nothing much I can say except get a better rig. I had 0 skill lag for the past two weeks in the matchup with SOR.

in Match-ups

Player Character.9467

I did, actually. That’s not all that surprising because I haven’t played on BG BL once since season started.

Oh it was SoR BL, i assumed from your original comment being about SoR BL.

Nothing much I can say except get a better rig. I had 0 skill lag for the past two weeks in the matchup with SOR.

Well that’s a load. If it were our rigs it wouldn’t be followed by server wide quickness as the clock catches up. The fight in SoR garrison was so long that the following super speed lasted until we had PvD’ed NWT and capped it. I was firing so fast my meteor showers were just 1 massive wave of death instantly falling.

(edited by Player Character.9467)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Retsuko.2035

Retsuko.2035

Excuses….

Obviously, the more people in a group, the more of a group effort it will become. Thus less likely to have a name at the top.

A 2v2 and 10v10 can be a huge difference in type of teamplay. Larger battles require different teamplay. With a 2v2 or 5v5 even, you have more use with pvp experience and mechanics where you mix and match your classes so your in sync with eachother. Larger battles are completely different and on a larger scale.

Anyways, it amuses me that people call blobs or zergs “safety groups” as an excuse (most likely they have never run with a proper zerg before). Good commanders with proper zergs are not always “safe”, but require teamwork and skill to persevere while moving through enemy lines.

Retsu ~ Inner Monkey [IM] ~ Piken Square

in Match-ups

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

I’ll just call that #t1logic because it’s incomprehensible to me. The matches where we outnumber the other servers are the WORST matches. I quit this game for months when mag had a series like that. You’re referring to PPT like it’s the sole reason to WvW while I don’t honestly understand how PPT could have any meaning to anyone unless there was a competition for the outcome.

We don’t outnumber all of our competition. The t1 matches are usually pretty close.

I guess there are any number of desired ends that players could have when playing WvW but my gaming philosophy instructs me to always focus on the game’s official objectives and to try to not invent my own.

If the game’s official objective is PPT then I will measure my performance based on how much I can contribute to my server’s ability to gain and maintain PPT.

If I find a game’s official objectives uninteresting then I will find another game with more interesting objectives.

in Match-ups

Kiff.8157

Oh it was SoR BL, i assumed from your original comment being about SoR BL.

Well that’s a load. If it were our rigs it wouldn’t be followed by server wide quickness as the clock catches up. The fight in SoR garrison was so long that the following super speed lasted until we had PvD’ed NWT and capped it. I was firing so fast my meteor showers were just 1 massive wave of death instantly falling.

In that case you might want to consider to change all of your 56k modems to something more in the trend? Like I said, totally no skill lag these two weeks for me, not even once when we and sor two megablobs were fighting inside SMC lord’s room.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Warthog.6870

Warthog.6870

Maybe something between your screen and your fingers is just too slow to notice the skill lag.

Mag [DERP] [Goon]

in Match-ups

Player Character.9467

In that case you might want to consider to change all of your 56k modems to something more in the trend? Like I said, totally no skill lag these two weeks for me, not even once when we and sor two megablobs were fighting inside SMC lord’s room.

Yes because my modem totally controls the server clocks. You caught me, I generate massive zone wide quickness for all 3 servers by running on dial-up.

in Match-ups

Kiff.8157

Yes because my modem totally controls the server clocks. You caught me, I generate massive zone wide quickness for all 3 servers by running on dial-up.

Why are you so sure it was server wide? Did you ask the other two servers?
That kind of lag happened to me and only me when I was downloading.

in Match-ups

Player Character.9467

What you’re responding to doesn’t even mention lag

in Match-ups

Kiff.8157

So what did you call it in T8? sorry T3?

in Match-ups

Player Character.9467

Just gonna let you read that again and see if it sinks in… The confirmation of server side skill lag is the following speed boost all attacks get once the cause of the lag has been removed. When me and everybody beside me can staff auto on an ele 5 times a second it validates my claims.

in Match-ups

Just gonna let you read that again and see if it sinks in… The confirmation of server side skill lag is the following speed boost all attacks get once the cause of the lag has been removed. When me and everybody beside me can staff auto on an ele 5 times a second it validates my claims.

I don’t think I’ve ever experienced that…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Snafu.7412

Snafu.7412

I’m craving another VaRk garrison farm.

in Match-ups

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

is this really a typo or is it a well-crafted zinger

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in Match-ups

Posted by: VBK.6325

VBK.6325

Accepting duels vs Mag and BG, I roam during late Oceanic/SEA time.
Add and PM me

Apoth Ranger / Zerk Guardian / Rabid Engy / Rabid Mesmer
Hired Assassins [HIRE]/Golden Company XIII [GC] – Sanctum of Rall (ex-SBI)

in Match-ups

Kiff.8157

I am sorry you had to experience all this new and weird things in T1. Yeah. Old thing to me. I used to have the same problem when I was downloading stuff and playing gw2. Really, upgrade your rig helps too. You and everybody beside you (if you’d personally confirmed with them) need to do something about your specs and connection.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Entioch.6594

Entioch.6594

I realize this post is a little late… but I did not get time to post it last week durring JQ’s match up with #magswag.

I did not get a lot of time to play WvW this last week VS. Maguma. But the times that I did get in, when I wasn’t sitting in Queue, I ran into a few of Maguma’s roamers and they seemed to enjoy dueling at the windmill. So I hit record whenever they wanted a duel. One duel I did not record was vs. a mesmer that made me look like I had never played the game before. Sorry I didn’t get the footage.. but you know who you are.

That guard ate every single cc, it gives me a sad.

Hidden Sin[ONI]
ERP guild looking for members.

in Match-ups

Kiff.8157

is this really a typo or is it a well-crafted zinger

Nah, it’s just that I thought mag was in T8 cuz you guys acted like a T8.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Neuromancer.2148

Neuromancer.2148

Maybe something between your screen and your fingers is just too slow to notice the skill lag.

You play hunched over your keyboard with your head inches away from your screen?

Apprentice Namer – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

Yeah we 10 manned quite a bit yesterday. Was surprised. Did mel contact you to duel me yet

Hey! yep he just talked to me about it. You weren’t on unfortunately but let’s have the fun duels tomorrow if you can after 3:00 pm est time? let me know when it is most convenient.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hydrobutter.9172

Hydrobutter.9172

IDK who that elementalist it was who attacked me in front of WK in BGbl, but sorry that whole thing happened. Didn’t want to attack you

Radio
Co-Guildleader: Wobbly Cat Squad [WCS]

in Match-ups

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

IDK who that elementalist it was who attacked me in front of WK in BGbl, but sorry that whole thing happened. Didn’t want to attack you

what happened to that ele? got zerged out of nowhere?

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!