SoR/Blackgate/Mag 11/08/2013 Gold week 4

in Match-ups

Posted by: iAmTheDuke.6201

iAmTheDuke.6201

I don’t like how this is veering towards BG vs SoR and not BG vs MG roamers drama…

Plz fix, I love hearing streamers QQ about people who post on the forums.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

My sources tell me that Waha and almost all of ATM/FoO walked away from Guild Wars 2 this week. Looks like BG will be the last server standing at the end after all.

Congrats BG, you have earned your right to PvDoor for the rest of GW2’s existance.

Sounds bizarre, but then SoS did have a huge rally in really late SEA this morning…

This could lead to a fascinating experiment in psyche and about the human nature in regards to competitive endeavors with few rewards.

Will JQ maintain, will BG be forced to de-stack from boredom, will anyone outside of T1 care (except maybe TC, which is in the hotseat for a world of pain if any of the top 3 implodes)?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

#T1problems. The most profound problems in GW2.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

I don’t like how this is veering towards BG vs SoR and not BG vs MG roamers drama…

Still waiting for RIOT vs AoN. RIOT please roam/stream sometime this week ty.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Reslinal.2359

Reslinal.2359

You may not agree with the way it works in T1 being on lower tiers, but this is the game players on Tier 1 have signed up for. and when a T1 server that used to be hard to crack begin to lose its tenacity, it’s going to get called out to hopefully inspire them to come back.

Seriously, does everyone in T1 think they are a special snow flake or is it just a vocal minority? What would make you think us lower tiers do not have this same issue/discussion? Granted less once they made the matchups RNG, but before that was a common discussion every time a balanced tier got transfers.

Regardless of what has happened in the past, do you think it is possible this kind of ‘tipping the scales’ will have a much greater impact on a server in the first competitive league that, for reasons I do not understand, folks were excited about? Being no expert on the intricate and apparently alien minds of T1 players I would think a person’s view of what competition means in GW2 might be influence by such an event.

I am not really sure what you are trying to say here. You asked this question " So you want a good match as long as the scales are tipped in your favor, because if they were tipped in someone else’s favor you could have just worked harder right?" And I just told you that yes all T1 servers (including BG) are expected to fight hard even when other T1 servers tip the scale to their favor. That’s how T1 has always been (maybe lower tiers too but I wouldn’t know) and that is how T1 servers keep morale high and community together.

As for tipping the scale during the league has a bigger impact, it’s hard to say. BG lost a significant portion of MERC, its main oceanic and SEA force right before league starts, it sucked and if you asked anyone around during that time no one on BG or other servers truly believe we still have a high chance of winning T1. But the server decided instead of shooting for second we still are going to come out and fight hard for first even if the chance is low, so our server morale is still high coming into the league despite the 3 losses we suffered beforehand.

At the time of ZDs transfer, another EU guild BuLL is thinking about transferring to SoR and has sent scouts over. However, after the poor showing of SoR in week 2 and week 3, the talk seems to be quiet down a lot. So it’s not like SoR did not have a chance to tip the scale back a bit. It hasn’t materialized yet and I suspect SoR’s poor fighting spirit during that time is probably part of the reason why it hasn’t.

Blackgate Engineer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mauvelence.6870

Mauvelence.6870

To the baddie human female KnT thief who tried to jump me and failed: next time, I’ll put on food and oil, make sure to put you face down in the dirt instead of let you break away, and put it on stream.

p.s.- Stick to NA timezone.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mauvelence.6870

Mauvelence.6870

>thinking either riot or aon will ever engage anything more than isolated solos in the middle of nowhere

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

To the baddie human female KnT thief who tried to jump me and failed: next time, I’ll put on food and oil, make sure to put you face down in the dirt instead of let you break away, and put it on stream.

p.s.- Stick to NA timezone.

You didn’t stream it?!?! Its cool, I like fiction too.

Attachments:

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in Match-ups

Posted by: kaltastic.3146

kaltastic.3146

BG worked their kitten off when you got IRON.

WRONG. Let’s not forget history. Your score tanked and your WvW population plummeted when IRON came to SoR. In one week, BG went from winning by 50k points to losing by 50k over SoR; was IRON worth 100k points? (remember, this was before stomping gave points, so final score was much lower). SoR then proceeded to go undefeated for few weeks.

Remember, IRON transferred over just a week or two after BG got RISE and WM from T2. Before IRON, when BG got those additional guilds, you guys were dominating. After IRON transferred? We had to beg you guys to come out and fight us. Many of the BG guys that were dominating and PvD’ing day after day were nowhere to be found with IRON in the battlefield.

I’m not saying this to say that you guys didn’t put up a fight. I do acknowledge that many of your guilds still came out to fight back when IRON came. But the truth is that large portion of your players (PvE / fairweather) simply didn’t show up. Every server has their own share of PvE and fairweather players.

Yes, SoR did lose a lot of fairweathers with ZDs transferring, but a lot of the hardcore WvW roamers and guilds are still coming out to fight. Having said that, BG, SoR and any other servers are no different than one another in the respect that we all have fairweathers who come and go and hardcores who stick through and fight. A server isn’t an autonomous being or a hive-mind, but rather a collection of many different minded players.

Now, one may say we have more fairweathers than BG does. Do we? Maybe, maybe not. who knows. How would one even prove that? So let’s not even go there :P Chances are, most people reading the forum are already hardcore, dedicated WvW players. So you won’t get more people to come out by taunting us because people reading the forum are already out there fighting you.

BG also never gave up when our SEA/OCX was having issues when MERC left.

BG also worked overtime to bring down JQ the first time it happened because if you recall we came from behind back then as well while being weaker than JQ back in those days.

This, I can’t say, since SoR wasn’t fighting BG when that happened. So I’ll take your word for it.

This is a pretty fair assessment in my opinion of the way things work. The OP that this was in response to should have said “BG’s WvW guilds worked their kitten off when you got IRON”

BG absolutely had a huge drop in fair weather players and casuals logging into WvW for a period of time after this. I remember one reset night all we could muster was about 20 people on a commander in a BL during the first hour. During this BG had to endure the same forum posts that are going the other way now; look back and you can see “R.I.P. Blackgate” and ‘Why won’t you fight" posts repeated over and over.

Things will normalize for SoR eventually and they will be as strong as ever. At some point BG will probably go through the same cycle again as well. The only people who will be surprised by this are the ones who haven’t been paying attention.

We share apocalyptic views, how comforting that we see it too.

in Match-ups

Posted by: kanderous.7512

kanderous.7512

I said it once and I’ll say it again.

Everyone saying “SoR has morale issues, is about to crumble, had internal drama” or in general is putting the server down are either seated comfortably, In the sidelines or not members of the said server.

We are out to have fun, enjoy the game with our guilds. Working our butts off running yaks, sitting in towers for hours is not fun.

What is fun is getting into fights, taking stonemist, surviving with 30 people against an 80 man blob for 2 hours in stonemist or papering t3 keeps while contested. None of that PvD karmatraining.

You know what else isn’t fun? Running into towers or keeps, avoiding fights unless you have a blob or are under ac
cover.

If this is what it takes to be considered a champion by Anet, I’d rather be in the losing server.

“I was literally double fisting water and soymilk into my mouth” ~ Tytos Hill

in Match-ups

Posted by: Reslinal.2359

Reslinal.2359

WRONG. Let’s not forget history. Your score tanked and your WvW population plummeted when IRON came to SoR. In one week, BG went from winning by 50k points to losing by 50k over SoR; was IRON worth 100k points? (remember, this was before stomping gave points, so final score was much lower). SoR then proceeded to go undefeated for few weeks.

Remember, IRON transferred over just a week or two after BG got RISE and WM from T2. Before IRON, when BG got those additional guilds, you guys were dominating. After IRON transferred? We had to beg you guys to come out and fight us. Many of the BG guys that were dominating and PvD’ing day after day were nowhere to be found with IRON in the battlefield.

I’m not saying this to say that you guys didn’t put up a fight. I do acknowledge that many of your guilds still came out to fight back when IRON came. But the truth is that large portion of your players (PvE / fairweather) simply didn’t show up. Every server has their own share of PvE and fairweather players.

Yes, SoR did lose a lot of fairweathers with ZDs transferring, but a lot of the hardcore WvW roamers and guilds are still coming out to fight. Having said that, BG, SoR and any other servers are no different than one another in the respect that we all have fairweathers who come and go and hardcores who stick through and fight. A server isn’t an autonomous being or a hive-mind, but rather a collection of many different minded players.

Now, one may say we have more fairweathers than BG does. Do we? Maybe, maybe not. who knows. How would one even prove that? So let’s not even go there :P Chances are, most people reading the forum are already hardcore, dedicated WvW players. So you won’t get more people to come out by taunting us because people reading the forum are already out there fighting you.

BG also worked overtime to bring down JQ the first time it happened because if you recall we came from behind back then as well while being weaker than JQ back in those days.

This, I can’t say, since SoR wasn’t fighting BG when that happened. So I’ll take your word for it.

This is a pretty fair assessment in my opinion of the way things work. The OP that this was in response to should have said “BG’s WvW guilds worked their kitten off when you got IRON”

BG absolutely had a huge drop in fair weather players and casuals logging into WvW for a period of time after this. I remember one reset night all we could muster was about 20 people on a commander in a BL during the first hour. During this BG had to endure the same forum posts that are going the other way now; look back and you can see “R.I.P. Blackgate” and ‘Why won’t you fight" posts repeated over and over.

Things will normalize for SoR eventually and they will be as strong as ever. At some point BG will probably go through the same cycle again as well. The only people who will be surprised by this are the ones who haven’t been paying attention.

I agree, fairweather players exist in all servers and BG certainly has experienced the negative impact of low morale before. It’s just surprising how significant the impact is on SoR this time especially given the tenacity SoR displayed previously. Also I feel even SoR’s guilds are not fighting as hard as they used to (the situation is better this week, but week 2 and 3 is really bad).

Blackgate Engineer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

Did bg quit? This thread is only 18 pages.

you mean did sor quit? answer is yes

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in Match-ups

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

Maybe instead of playing in a decided match they are spending all their time recruiting and raising money for a warchest, it is the GW2 way.

Unless they get new leadership I think that would be against their code. When I was on SoR I heard their leadership say numerous times that they were against raising funds to straight up buy guilds. Now I’ve heard it through the grapevine that they’ll contribute to a guild’s coffers if they’ve already decided to move to SoR but apparently that’s where they draw the line.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Wow this is still being argued?
ZDs transferred, SoR lost it’s mind on the forums and their scores tanked in-game. They nearly fell behind SoS in points total and ticked lower than them at several points over the weekend and early week.
Then SoR announced they were suspending forum wars (an obvious side-effect of an internal shouting match) and their PPT rose dramatically and they are back in fighting form.

End of story. Move along, nothing to see here.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Traejan.1729

Traejan.1729

I think the only hope for SoR is another speech by Indo.

They need to refill the proverbial punch bowl so the fair-weathers have more cool-aid to drink

This is the only way to get our beloved SoR back

Get err done Indo.

Proud member of [RUST] IRON TEARS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jaxs.5830

Jaxs.5830

Move along, nothing to see here.

Good, feel free to head back to your own match thread then.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

So this is the T1 PvF meta.

You got more transfers!
NO YOU GOT MOAR TRANZFERZ!!!!
Yeah, but we got our transfers after you!
Your transfers are totally more blobby than our transfers. Best PvDoor server NA!
We don’t PvDoor, there just are never any players there!

And so on.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in Match-ups

Posted by: dragon.8071

dragon.8071

BG fought hard when JQ outmanned us tremendously when we entered T1 and when SoR just got IRON that allowed them to get on a winning streak.

lies lies and moar lies. bg did not fight hard when outmanned. bg only recruits harder. sor fights harder. jq runs harder.

Zerg Doors [ZD]

“Recent Graduate of Maguuma University with a degree in Forums Politics”

in Match-ups

Posted by: dragon.8071

dragon.8071

ZD excuse is so 2 weeks ago. cant we have a decent troll to start something?

Mag please start something or anything…

Arguing with BG is like talking to someone that agrees with you but sees nothing wrong. 10v10 becomes 10v20 when they lose and 20v10 becomes 10v10 when they are winning.

There is so much truth to this observation.

finally another person who sees and speaks the truth.

Zerg Doors [ZD]

“Recent Graduate of Maguuma University with a degree in Forums Politics”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kiff.8157

Kiff.8157

My sources tell me that Waha and almost all of ATM/FoO walked away from Guild Wars 2 this week. Looks like BG will be the last server standing at the end after all.

Congrats BG, you have earned your right to PvDoor for the rest of GW2’s existance.

False. Spreading false rumours as usual did. They are having a good rest preparing for week 5.

in Match-ups

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

False. Spreading false rumours as usual did. They are having a good rest preparing for week 5.

Dastardly rumors! Sorry to thwart your PvDoor dreams! See y’all in 2 days!

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in Match-ups

Posted by: docMed.7692

docMed.7692

I don’t like how this is veering towards BG vs SoR and not BG vs MG roamers drama...

Queue times own our face; we did duel a lot with some random AoN members the first day or two though at windmill SoR. Only other groups of AoN members I’ve encountered since were 6-8 members (+1-2 pugs) all running follow the commander stack-tactics. We (RIOT) hardly field 4+ anymore on the same map unless it’s off hours given the insane queue times. Ideally though we like to run with 4-5 anyways, makes it tough though to swap classes/maps. WTB Edge of the Mists beta release!

in Match-ups

docMed.7692

>thinking either riot or aon will ever engage anything more than isolated solos in the middle of nowhere

Why can’t we be friends, why can’t weeee be friends…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Winkin.1490

Winkin.1490

Only other groups of AoN members I’ve encountered since were 6-8 members (+1-2 pugs) all running follow the commander stack-tactics.

We never stack. We’d lose positioning / initiative too quickly if we did that. We may fall back on each other if we’re doing like a 7-10 v 20+ and stringing them out but I wouldn’t call that stacking. Hopefully you did not mean that literally.

[AoN] All or Nothing

in Match-ups

Posted by: TheJokersBSeR.7823

TheJokersBSeR.7823

Had some very nice duels with some friendly mag on bgbl til wvw came crumbling down. Im the KnT asuran necro. Lots of fun, feel free to add in game for more duels, etc /cheers

It only takes one really bad day…
Munrow
[HUNT] Predatory Instinct

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

thanks for the duels in BG BL near the ruins, MAG and SOR.

Thief DD : DP : PD : SB
Elementalist S : DD
Blackgate

(edited by Zeke Azul Falcon.5176)

in Match-ups

docMed.7692

Only other groups of AoN members I’ve encountered since were 6-8 members (+1-2 pugs) all running follow the commander stack-tactics.

We never stack. We’d lose positioning / initiative too quickly if we did that. We may fall back on each other if we’re doing like a 7-10 v 20+ and stringing them out but I wouldn’t call that stacking. Hopefully you did not mean that literally.

I feel my description is accurate. It was 1.5-2 groups worth following one specific individual w/ 1-2 pugs and a majority being AoN with the appropriate tag and stacking every so often. In fact, I think I have a majority of it on stream: http://www.twitch.tv/teamriottv/c/3238904 (here’s a highlight of my 6 hour stream from the other day). Group was roaming ruins/south cap SoR and was in the area for 1-2 hours as I roamed around.

Edit - Either way, I personally don’t care if you guys ball or small roam, etc.

(edited by docMed.7692)

in Match-ups

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

thanks for the duels in BG BL near the ruins, MAG and SOR.

Indeed it was a lot of fun! and badelementalist you sure do put a lot of pressure with your condition build and very nice active defense you have!. It was also great seeing that other ele from maguuma 1v1 very well with a staff.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

(edited by LightningBlaze.4913)

in Match-ups

Posted by: cyyrix.6105

cyyrix.6105

Maybe stacking is the wrong term, but for the last three nights the only VR/AoN/DERP groups I saw were balled up, fighting back and forth on south island (see http://imgur.com/a/N8BOh). It’s either that, or dueling. Mag does love its duels.

It would be nice to see more small man roaming groups moving around the maps.

edit: Just watched doc’s highlight…maybe stacking is the right term.

Cyyrix | Marypoppins Deathsquad [mds] | Team Riot [RIOT] | Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kreen.3925

Kreen.3925

Lol, suggest you find a better source, yours are rubbish.

I guess its just wishful thinking from BlackHoleGate.

I fight for JQ.
Kreen – Warrior L80, Mono Lith – Guardian L80
Higgsbosun – Thief L80, Silvron – Ranger L80.

in Match-ups

Kiff.8157

Dastardly rumors! Sorry to thwart your PvDoor dreams! See y’all in 2 days!

Nah. We never had that pvdoor dreams. Did JQ just buy out SOR pvf to do that? I am so jelly of your warchest. We can’t even afford single Mag PVF.

in Match-ups

Winkin.1490

I feel my description is accurate. It was 1.5-2 groups worth following one specific individual w/ 1-2 pugs and a majority being AoN with the appropriate tag and stacking every so often. In fact, I think I have a majority of it on stream: http://www.twitch.tv/teamriottv/c/3238904 (here’s a highlight of my 6 hour stream from the other day). Group was roaming ruins/south cap SoR and was in the area for 1-2 hours as I roamed around.

Edit – Either way, I personally don’t care if you guys ball or small roam, etc.

Stacking usually refers to everyone being within one square meter, not moving, and stacking might/stability/etc. Having our 7-10 (we’ve had more than our usual 7-8 since everyone is excited to be fighting BG/SOR) following our guild leader in organized roaming hardly counts as stacking, but I’m not going to try to convince you otherwise.

In either case, the only organized RIOT we’ve seen has been 4-5 at ruins island on Sat or Sun (can’t remember). We had 4 and figured they’d want to go 4-5 v 4. Instead, they waited for 4-5 BG pugs to engage us and then AJ’d us after we blew our cooldowns on the pugs. We managed to down a few, but we couldn’t win 4 v 8-9. So much for you looking for small-man fights?

[AoN] All or Nothing

(edited by Winkin.1490)

in Match-ups

docMed.7692

Edit - Either way, I personally don’t care if you guys ball or small roam, etc.

Stacking usually refers to everyone being within one square meter, not moving, and stacking might/stability/etc. Having our 7-10 (we’ve had more than our usual 7-8 since everyone is excited to be fighting BG/SOR) following our guild leader in organized roaming hardly counts as stacking, but I’m not going to try to convince you otherwise.

In either case, the only organized RIOT we’ve seen has been 4-5 at ruins island on Sat or Sun (can’t remember). We had 4 and figured they’d want to go 4-5 v 4. Instead, they waited for 4-5 BG pugs to engage us and then AJ’d us after we blew our cooldowns on the pugs. We managed to down a few, but we couldn’t win 4 v 8-9. So much for you looking for small-man fights?

The highlight literally includes 2 groups-worth stacking on fields for buffs... Anyways, I wasn’t around Saturday, so I wouldn’t know how those encounters went, but there’s usually someone streaming on our channel, so you’re welcome to pull up our vids/highlights/etc and share as you see fit.

Again, like I said, I really don’t care if you guys ball or anything, I gave a recount of my experiences thus far, which you said was ’never [true]’. I’m sure experiences vary from guildie to guildie in both respects and groups. You also cut out a ton of my response in your quote, which I felt overall my comment was friendly and just hitting on the fact that queue times have led to the annoyances associated with opportunities for us to face each other as we like (I closed it with ’edge mists plzkthnx’).

*cleaned up for more friendlyness/hugs*

(edited by docMed.7692)

in Match-ups

Zikory.6871

Quite the contrary, I think most, if not all of BG is looking forward to next week! We’ve missed you so…

Zikory – Retired Thief

in Match-ups

Kiff.8157

You realize that that was SOR and the wishful thinking he wished for BG right?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

Hey now! That’s quite unbecoming of you Kreen! For what it’s worth, the person you quoted doesn’t play on BG, and waha/ATM/etc quitting the game is certainly not something we wish for.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

So for us it definitely seems something changed in your mentality. You guys were able to compete in some of the current weak time zones before, for example like late NA early oceanic, BG has not got any new guilds in this time zone, and yet you guys don’t even put up a fight now while previously you guys were able to compete whenever you try. .

People are coming out they just aren’t staying on as long. Probably because the game is getting stale, and the motivation wanes when facing overwhelming numbers. And our major late NA guild has temporarily left the server anyway.

Plus Iron used to come out in SEA time but due to real life issues can’t at the moment.

But it is only one guild and it is only 2 hours, really no reason just for whole server giving up trying all together.

It wasn’t only 1 guild, in the 2nd and 3rd weeks BG had overwhelming numbers, the most I’ve seen from any opponent, more than JQ has ever had. Whether it was from success in recruiting PvE players or new guilds doesn’t really matter.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

(edited by morrolan.9608)

in Match-ups

Zikory.6871

Hey now! That’s quite unbecoming of you Kreen! For what it’s worth, the person you quoted doesn’t play on BG, and waha/ATM/etc quitting the game is certainly not something we wish for.

Speak for your self, Down with JQ! Long live other people! Rable Rable Rable Rable Rable. :p

Zikory – Retired Thief

in Match-ups

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

History being rewritten I see, BG have had weeks where they’ve given up, the current situation is a bit different because its the league extending across 7 weeks.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in Match-ups

Jaxs.5830

I felt overall my comment was friendly and just hitting on the fact that queue times have led to the annoyances associated with opportunities for us to face each other as we like

We meet again in a couple weeks, maybe que times will be better for you then.

in Match-ups

Winkin.1490

The highlight literally includes 2 groups-worth stacking on fields for buffs… Anyways, I wasn’t around Saturday, so I wouldn’t know how those encounters went, but there’s usually someone streaming on our channel, so you’re welcome to pull up our vids/highlights/etc and share as you see fit.

Again, like I said, I really don’t care if you guys ball or anything, I gave a recount of my experiences thus far, which you said was ‘never [true]’. I’m sure experiences vary from guildie to guildie in both respects and groups. You also cut out a ton of my response in your quote, which I felt overall my comment was friendly and just hitting on the fact that queue times have led to the annoyances associated with opportunities for us to face each other as we like (I closed it with ‘edge mists plzkthnx’). Anyways………………………. If you want to get upset, let’s get upset. Nice chatting with you.

No, that highlight does not literally include that. If you’re talking about the split second before you engaged the Mesmer, everyone stopped for a moment before turning to engage you. There isn’t zzzz stack might, zzz stack stability, zzzz okay go. But everyone is entitled to their opinion on what constitutes stacking / zerging / balling / whatever.

Either way, I see that RIOT is very different from Anonymous Defender, so I’ll leave it at that.

[AoN] All or Nothing

in Match-ups

Jaxs.5830

It would be nice to see more small man roaming groups moving around the maps.

DAoC was 8 man groups and I think that works best in WvW as well. You are small enough that you can still be very coordinated (we find as soon as we breach 10 we are less effective) and large enough to take on zergs in a meaningful way.

I would love that we could be smaller and spend all our time fighting other smaller groups, but realistically that didn’t even work in DAoC. Like it or not the game is filled with lots of zergs and only a few small groups, many stuck in ques. To me it makes no sense to build to fight same sized groups when that is not what is out there to fight.

Ultimately you cant please everyone, so just please yourself.

in Match-ups

docMed.7692

The highlight literally includes 2 groups-worth stacking on fields for buffs… Anyways, I wasn’t around Saturday, so I wouldn’t know how those encounters went, but there’s usually someone streaming on our channel, so you’re welcome to pull up our vids/highlights/etc and share as you see fit.

Again, like I said, I really don’t care if you guys ball or anything, I gave a recount of my experiences thus far, which you said was ‘never [true]’. I’m sure experiences vary from guildie to guildie in both respects and groups. You also cut out a ton of my response in your quote, which I felt overall my comment was friendly and just hitting on the fact that queue times have led to the annoyances associated with opportunities for us to face each other as we like (I closed it with ‘edge mists plzkthnx’). Anyways………………………. If you want to get upset, let’s get upset. Nice chatting with you.

No, that highlight does not literally include that. If you’re talking about the split second before you engaged the Mesmer, everyone stopped for a moment before turning to engage you. There isn’t zzzz stack might, zzz stack stability, zzzz okay go. But everyone is entitled to their opinion on what constitutes stacking / zerging / balling / whatever.

Either way, I see that RIOT is very different from Anonymous Defender, so I’ll leave it at that.

I’m getting lost in what your point is here. First it’s “we never stack”, then it’s “we didn’t use skills to constitute stacking”, now it’s “we didn’t zerg”. Again, I really don’t care what you guys do nor do I understand your constant need for back-handed comments. See you on the ever-evolving-open-ended-non-structured-battlefield.

in Match-ups

docMed.7692

I felt overall my comment was friendly and just hitting on the fact that queue times have led to the annoyances associated with opportunities for us to face each other as we like

We meet again in a couple weeks, maybe que times will be better for you then.

Yea, hasn’t changed much other than the dip after week 1, still 1 hour queue peek for BL’s and 3 hours+ for EB unless someone has a taxi going. Looking forward to more engagements!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Omnitek.3876

Omnitek.3876

People are coming out they just aren’t staying on as long. Probably because the game is getting stale, and the motivation wanes when facing overwhelming numbers. And our major late NA guild has temporarily left the server anyway.

Find me 20ish people who will log in to wvw and TS to play, late NA, who need commanding. I’ll do it!!!! Recruiting is tooooo much work for me lol.

A L T S
Skritt Happens

in Match-ups

Posted by: Snafu.7412

Snafu.7412

Obligatory post calling everyone on the opposing server bad.

in Match-ups

Posted by: FirstInfantry.2795

FirstInfantry.2795

d last 2 pges look like sor vs bg and mag occassionally poppin in desperately looking for some attention, well this is a nice surprise, every pvf is usually mag dominated and other servers desperately trying to keep up

in Match-ups

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

Did not realize that. In that case, I apologize! Not sure why SoR would start such a rumor o.o

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

BT guild from Mag, you guys are really disciplined in moving around the map real right. Props to that.

Still, remember to take out siege afterwards :P

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kalla.4290

Kalla.4290

Did not realize that. In that case, I apologize! Not sure why SoR would start such a rumor o.o

The dude’s name is BlackHoleGate, obviously a troll name…also what says he/she is from SoR or represents the entire server? Should I pick an obvious troll from JQ and BG and say they represent their entire servers respectively?