The NA Silver League Thread

in Match-ups

Posted by: Visirale.6097

Visirale.6097

2000g to the first people to spike logain and vis in the ioj and fa match up!! You MUST provide picture, video, and a signed certificate saying you achieved this goal by them personally to receive said reward. Or we can just do 10g with picture evidence each. (All in good fun you guys ;D) first come first serve

Well, whisper me in game that week and I’ll be happy to help an old friend get an easy 10g. The real question though is will any of the keeps on IOJ bl be able to get a wp that week? Tune in to week 4 of the leagues to find out!

(Still… all in good fun)

(edited by Visirale.6097)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

2000g to the first people to spike logain and vis in the ioj and fa match up!! You MUST provide picture, video, and a signed certificate saying you achieved this goal by them personally to receive said reward. Or we can just do 10g with picture evidence each. (All in good fun you guys ;D) first come first serve

Well, whisper me in game that week and I’ll be happy to help an old friend get an easy 10g. The real question though is will any of the keeps on IOJ bl be able to get a wp that week? Tune in to week 4 of the leagues to find out!

(Still… all in good fun)

Mend v. CORE @ Hills. Will be interesting to play against smart people for once

Isle Of Janthir

in Match-ups

Posted by: DarKnightVIII.3617

DarKnightVIII.3617

Pure win. We were totally outnumbered for over an hour I think. Tactics and discipline totally carried the day for us.

So many bags.

~Aeth~
[Os] Guild – NSP
Aethiryn (Thief); Madnys (Ele); Aethguard (obvious)

in Match-ups

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

Pure win. We were totally outnumbered for over an hour I think. Tactics and discipline totally carried the day for us.

So many bags.

Aww this is cute. These lil servers are WvW’ing now.

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tibstrike.2974

Tibstrike.2974

(Still… all in good fun)

NO. nononononononononno. I’ve seen what Mend can do in hills. It’d take at least 3 hours to get rid of the siege in lord’s room.

in Match-ups

Banzie.5248

(Still… all in good fun)

NO. nononononononononno. I’ve seen what Mend can do in hills. It’d take at least 3 hours to get rid of the siege in lord’s room.

Pls. We just want to show our love for you bby

Isle Of Janthir

in Match-ups

Posted by: nothing.7941

nothing.7941

DB and IoJ guilds, Borlis Brawlers [BB] wants to gvg this week. PM me to set up a match.

Martin Firestorm, Borlis Pass
Gaile Gray wrote:
Oh wait, read Martin Firestorm, he says it better…

in Match-ups

Banzie.5248

DB and IoJ guilds, Borlis Brawlers [BB] wants to gvg this week. PM me to set up a match.

So many well necros when I gvg’d you guys with ppk. Was not a pleasant experience.

Isle Of Janthir

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zoel.9154

Zoel.9154

Apparently many have failed to realize that a lot of people on FA sandbagged the final two weeks of pre-season and “let” Mag take the final week to get out of Gold league and all the 100 man blob and skill lag crapola….

If this is FA sandbagging against tryhard Mag (http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/38/113), I really don’t want to immagine what they can pull off when they’re poopsocking it!

sounds like behavior for people with neither toilets nor laptops.

Zoel – GM of [coVn]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Just got back from an epic defense of SMC (FA holding, Yak’s Bend shoveling them in).

At least 5 full defense cycles of non-stop violence. Arrowcarts in the lord’s room facing out. The occasional ballista firing in. I got off 3 warbanners on our fallen lord and saw two other warbanners thrown in the gaps when I was on cooldown.

YB eventually slips a Mesmer past us invisibly and started porting in troops onto the second level. We had running battles at both northern entrances AND both ramps coming down into the lord’s room. Nearly cleared them back off the upper deck too. Was another 10 minutes before we flubbed some rezes and YB rolled us up.

Best pitched battle I’ve ever had. Hat’s off to Yak’s Bend: your determination demands respect.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

So many bags.

Aww this is cute. Someone in queue talking about WvW.

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

in Match-ups

Posted by: Monadproxy.3489

Monadproxy.3489

So many bags.

Aww this is cute. Someone in queue talking about WvW.

the que isn’t that bad in FA
, idk what all the qq is about. XD

in Match-ups

Posted by: JPSnow.8296

JPSnow.8296

I,ve only seen queues on reset… though I play oceanic but even sunday durning na prime it was 15 min most

JPSnow (main) – Necro, Sir Mezalot – Mesmer
Lieutenant Stabs – Thief
Night Vision (NV) – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Basedgod.7328

Basedgod.7328

FA tends to have 1 dead/empty map.

WvWing isnt all that much of an issue, getting in WvW to join your guild raid is, however.

Funniest Ele NA
[coVn] Witches I Chaotic Good
Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

(And you guys would’ve been stuck with Maguuma, and trust me, they’re way worse. They’re the only gold league server that can legitimately claim to have skill over numbers.)

You take that back immediately and call us a mindless zerg blob server of doom!

You guys have yet to appreciate how royally screwed you’re going to be weeks 2~6. I’m glad to be down here in silver. =)

~ Kovu

SBI would have won Silver if FA wasn’t in the league. SBI beat Mag (pretty easily in coverage) two weeks prior to the start of the WvW season. I have no idea what SoS would have done in Silver but I have a feeling it would have been at the challenge level of Mag or probably even lower based on how well they are doing in Gold. To my knowledge, SBI didn’t gain anything and Mag didn’t lose anything last day pre-league announcement so the WvW populations would have been the same.

That’s not to say SBI doesn’t need an kitten kickin’ every once in a while to keep people motivated. It’s a blessing since a single rival WvW world brings community focus on a common goal as oppose to the blob-wins in weeks prior.

Also, do not believe the Mag hype. They do not have the skillz necessary to beat any server with superior coverage. Mag’s skillz revolves around havoc squad/tower ninja for PPT and that’s not going to win anything in Gold League or Silver League. It actually only encourages the flip/karma-training/blob issue of T1 – T2. In T1, that ‘strategy’ does not work ever…been there, done that.

/shrug – Mag has already realized the error on their part but is going through the 5-steps. There is not much more to say here as the trollz will be out in force claiming some other reason but knowing it is true.

in Match-ups

Artaz.3819

WvWing isnt all that much of an issue, getting in WvW to join your guild raid is, however.

All NA servers from #5 and down have no queue on one BL map all times of the day except reset night. By ‘no queue’, I mean less than 1 minute wait and usually instantaneous. BG, SoR, JQ and TC cannot say this.

Sorry NSP, you are wholly deceived by that outnumbered buff you receive every once in a while late in the weekdays when your server isn’t playing to win anymore.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bhima.9518

Bhima.9518

Looks like Borlis Pass may catch up to Dragonbrand during the week, good on them, keep fighting!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

SBI would have won Silver if FA wasn’t in the league. SBI beat Mag (pretty easily in coverage) two weeks prior to the start of the WvW season. I have no idea what SoS would have done in Silver but I have a feeling it would have been at the challenge level of Mag or probably even lower based on how well they are doing in Gold. To my knowledge, SBI didn’t gain anything and Mag didn’t lose anything last day pre-league announcement so the WvW populations would have been the same.

That’s not to say SBI doesn’t need an kitten kickin’ every once in a while to keep people motivated. It’s a blessing since a single rival WvW world brings community focus on a common goal as oppose to the blob-wins in weeks prior.

Also, do not believe the Mag hype. They do not have the skillz necessary to beat any server with superior coverage. Mag’s skillz revolves around havoc squad/tower ninja for PPT and that’s not going to win anything in Gold League or Silver League. It actually only encourages the flip/karma-training/blob issue of kitten. In T1, that ‘strategy’ does not work ever…been there, done that.

/shrug – Mag has already realized the error on their part but is going through the 5-steps. There is not much more to say here as the trollz will be out in force claiming some other reason but knowing it is true.

Yeah Mag is ruined. Basically we’ll be t8 after gold league because of the traumas. Thanks for your insightful post m8.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Coolmoos.8546

Coolmoos.8546

All NA servers from #5 and down have no queue on one BL map all times of the day except reset night. By ‘no queue’, I mean less than 1 minute wait and usually instantaneous. BG, SoR, JQ and TC cannot say this.

Sorry NSP, you are wholly deceived by that outnumbered buff you receive every once in a while late in the weekdays when your server isn’t playing to win anymore.

Actually we get that outmanned buff early lol…. I’m talking weekends

Atriese 80 Thief – Os Guild [Os] – Northern Shiverpeaks

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Also, do not believe the Mag hype. They do not have the skillz necessary to beat any server with superior coverage. Mag’s skillz revolves around havoc squad/tower ninja for PPT and that’s not going to win anything in Gold League or Silver League. It actually only encourages the flip/karma-training/blob issue of kitten. In T1, that ‘strategy’ does not work ever…been there, done that.

SoS and Maguuma have only gotten stronger in Gold League. While SBI will spend most their weeks PvD’ing and snoring through Silver League; SoS and Mag are adding numbers to their weaker timezones and are getting a lot of their native talent fired up.

You look at score totals but you don’t look at total scores at key times. JQ ticking in last for a while on reset night, both servers maintaining tick vs JQ’s ungodly SEA timezone coverage.

Make no mistake SBI, you aren’t getting any stronger; and SoS will happily destroy you once we get you alone without a T1 openly helping you.
You also missed out Maguuma when they go full tryhard, as they did when they beat the FA that stomped you.

In short, enjoy yourselves now; the real T2 servers are going to kick your junk in.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

FA could have easily won both SoS and MAG if we hadn’t lost WvW guilds.
That being said, I’m quite happy we’re finally not fighting SOR/JQ for next 5 weeks.

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

That being said, I’m quite happy we’re finally not fighting SOR/JQ for next 5 weeks.

So what you are saying is that FA could have won easily if they weren’t FA?

This may very well be the most stupid forum post I’ve ever read.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shaymi.9124

Shaymi.9124

That may very well be the most stupid interpretation of a forum post that I’ve ever read. Congratulations.

Ele/Necro[APS] – Fort Aspenwood

(edited by Shaymi.9124)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mike.5193

Mike.5193

IoJ actually lost their outnumbered buff for a while last night. It was crazy, maybe our fairweathers are finally coming out to play?

IoJ – [Lost]
Tuck and Roll: Warrior – What Everyone Loves: Guardian -Hardkore Junglist: Ranger -
Kitty Gearwrench: Engineer – Dwomm: Elementalist – Which Kitten Is It: Mesmer

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

That may very well be the most stupid interpretation of a forum post that I’ve ever read. Congratulations.

You are actually defending someone for saying “we could have won if we had more numbers”?

If you want to play that game what about SoS when it was T1, could you still win then?

Sorry, this game is played with the team you have; not the team you HAD or WANT.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shaymi.9124

Shaymi.9124

You are actually defending someone for saying “we could have won if we had more numbers”?

If you want to play that game what about SoS when it was T1, could you still win then?

Sorry, this game is played with the team you have; not the team you HAD or WANT.

I’m a little confused as to what your problem is. Nick expressed his OPINION that FA would have been competitive in Gold League had we not lost a number of guilds. Apparently according to you, people are not allowed to share their thoughts with others on forums, which may explain why you blatantly attacked his point of view.

Ele/Necro[APS] – Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ceres.4569

Ceres.4569

And SBI would have beaten FA last week if they hadn’t of lost all those guilds during free transfers a year ago. Its a pointless point of view.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Looks like Borlis Pass may catch up to Dragonbrand during the week, good on them, keep fighting!

BP in the lead!

Edit: And ticking + 660. What the kitten??

in Match-ups

Posted by: ithinkimhaunted.7412

ithinkimhaunted.7412

LOL, go BP! theres that “wait for the week days” presence you guys threatened us with :P

Glad to see that you guys aren’t completely demoralized from match 1.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wushuspinner.5689

Wushuspinner.5689

Devon did state he will be on NSP and will be getting the meta achievement.

However it is suspect whether NSP will capture SMC 5 times in the entire season, let alone a single player present all 5 times.

Well, you were way off with this comment huh.. Sm taken so many time first week i lost count

in Match-ups

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

However it is suspect whether NSP will capture SMC 5 times in the entire season, let alone a single player present all 5 times.

Well, you were way off with this comment huh.. Sm taken so many time first week i lost count

That’s because all of the pve achievement hunters allowed Sm to get flipped and sabotaged defense on purpose.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wushuspinner.5689

Wushuspinner.5689

That’s because all of the pve achievement hunters allowed Sm to get flipped and sabotaged defense on purpose.

your point is??? That it wouldnt have happened if these achievement hunters didnt go hunting achievements? Who cares? The point is that he was suspect that NSP would never get it. and you need to file some made up reason for why you couldnt stop it. ha ha ha.. The only point is it happened and there isnt a need for NSP to have SM again. But we will get it again for sure…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tyops.5894

Tyops.5894

Yes, because flipping SM is of no benefit at all to the true WvW players.

I wasnt around when it happened because I play later than easy coast prime time, but I believe we managed to take SM from SBI a couple times early in this week’s match.

NSP Why bother?….

in Match-ups

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

your point is??? That it wouldnt have happened if these achievement hunters didnt go hunting achievements? Who cares? The point is that he was suspect that NSP would never get it. and you need to file some made up reason for why you couldnt stop it. ha ha ha.. The only point is it happened and there isnt a need for NSP to have SM again. But we will get it again for sure…

I don’t get why your so upset. Why I couldn’t stop what? Sm flipping? I could care less about Sm but I watched all sides taking it then abandoning or hiding inside all last week. Now that every one has their achievments we can go back to business as usual. As for taking it again – yes we will.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

in Match-ups

Banzie.5248

Yayy, IoJ gets SBI next week (Easy farm) and YB!

Isle Of Janthir

in Match-ups

Artaz.3819

There is no cross-breeding on this SBI farm. And stop trying to take our animals. They are well trained and usually even walk along a path without any one leading them.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mike.5193

Mike.5193

More zerker zergs PvDing?

IoJ – [Lost]
Tuck and Roll: Warrior – What Everyone Loves: Guardian -Hardkore Junglist: Ranger -
Kitty Gearwrench: Engineer – Dwomm: Elementalist – Which Kitten Is It: Mesmer

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

Warthog has a good point. The public debacle of the week before leagues resulted people moving to FA (to deny SBI first) and both SoS and Mag have increased their numbers in their weakest time zones.

SBI is a legitimate contender for T2 along with FA, SoS, and Mag; but they’ve lost all momentum and will probably not break free of T3 when the season is over.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Perkysaurus.2630

Perkysaurus.2630

No shock people flooded to the servers they thought would win. Happens all the time and will continue to happen. Still it is funny to watch it happen and all the antics that go along with it.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

Warthog has a good point. The public debacle of the week before leagues resulted people moving to FA (to deny SBI first) and both SoS and Mag have increased their numbers in their weakest time zones.

SBI is a legitimate contender for T2 along with FA, SoS, and Mag; but they’ve lost all momentum and will probably not break free of T3 when the season is over.

I am pretty confident FA have better coverage than SoS & Mag, assuming the populations stay the same after season 1 finishes (who knows). SBI also got more Oceanic/SEA transfers since the first week of leagues.

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

It would be much better if they made platinum league with JQ/SOR and BG and gold league with TC/FA/SoS/MAG/SBI +X.
No one enjoys fighting top tier servers.

in Match-ups

Banzie.5248

It would be much better if they made platinum league with JQ/SOR and BG and gold league with TC/FA/SoS/MAG/SBI +X.

Plat: JQ/SoR/BG
Gold: TC/FA/SoS/Mag/SBI + (YB lets say since they beat bp and will beat db easy)
Silver: EB/BP/CD/DB/IoJ/NSP
Bronze: DH/FC/ET/HoD/SF/GoM
Iron: DR/AR/KN

(Possible Switch in Bronze and Iron, Idk those server numbers anymore)

How hard is that.

The bottom 3 cant have even fights except between each other, and same with the top 3.

Isle Of Janthir

in Match-ups

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Gold: TC/FA/SoS/Mag/SBI + (YB lets say since they beat bp and will beat db easy)

How hard is that.

The bottom 3 cant have even fights except between each other, and same with the top 3.

Only 3 leagues away from being back to tiers.

Edit: I get the impression Northern Shiverpeaks is having the most fun in the league?

Gate of Madness

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

I am pretty confident FA have better coverage than SoS & Mag, assuming the populations stay the same after season 1 finishes (who knows). SBI also got more Oceanic/SEA transfers since the first week of leagues.

FA did get a second IoJ infusion, but they were on the ropes before that. I think that T2-T3 is going to stay interesting for a while.
I think we’ll continue to see T1 fatigue set in during the season and immediately after.
The fact that the Gold League might be decided by EU tourists might encourage people that T1 is simply not worth all the crap that comes with it.

in Match-ups

Artaz.3819

FA did get a second IoJ infusion, but they were on the ropes before that. I think that T2-T3 is going to stay interesting for a while.
I think we’ll continue to see T1 fatigue set in during the season and immediately after.
The fact that the Gold League might be decided by EU tourists might encourage people that T1 is simply not worth all the crap that comes with it.

It’s not just EU though. And fatigue happens to all servers. I think participation will be down across the board after WvW Season 1. Depending on the level of the award, it may even cause a lot of people to just outright quit.

(edited by Artaz.3819)

in Match-ups

Artaz.3819

[/quote]

TC vs. FA (in it’s current coverage version) maybe… TC vs anyone else on that list … no. It would be blow out after blow out for TC.

Here’s a better idea, how about a survey for players to choose which servers they want to go against – tied to current server/account only, you get one vote for the other two servers you want to be matched against. All servers are weighted equally with % of choice being the deciding factor.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

How hard is that.

2 of those leagues would play the same servers for 7 weeks straight… Wasn’t that one of the complaints for moving to the Seasons in the first place?

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

How hard is that.

2 of those leagues would play the same servers for 7 weeks straight… Wasn’t that one of the complaints for moving to the Seasons in the first place?

I don’t think tier 1 really cares about the same opponents. The bottom one would suck, though.

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

How hard is that.

The all the top 3 do is ______ and moan when they face anyone other than each other. The bottom 3 are implodes that haven’t found the stability they need to start rebuilding.

The whole League concept needs to be scrapped. It rewarded T1 for being T1 (the outcome was never in doubt) and the resulting shenanigans, transfers, and sandbagging that proceeded in the weeks before the start of the league wrecked at least 6-9 server communities and has made WvW more unstable and unenjoyable than ever before.

For every honey-badger player on an outmanned server (ie, SoS, Maguuma, NSP) there are dozens crying and feeling robbed.
Check out the BG-SoR thread. A single guild transferred and SoR lost it’s ____ like they were _______-punched while in flagrante delicto.

in Match-ups

Banzie.5248

How hard is that.

The all the top 3 do is ______ and moan when they face anyone other than each other. The bottom 3 are implodes that haven’t found the stability they need to start rebuilding.

The whole League concept needs to be scrapped. It rewarded T1 for being T1 (the outcome was never in doubt) and the resulting shenanigans, transfers, and sandbagging that proceeded in the weeks before the start of the league wrecked at least 6-9 server communities and has made WvW more unstable and unenjoyable than ever before.

For every honey-badger player on an outmanned server (ie, SoS, Maguuma, NSP) there are dozens crying and feeling robbed.
Check out the BG-SoR thread. A single guild transferred and SoR lost it’s ____ like they were _______-punched while in flagrante delicto.

Havent paid attention and never cared about the big 3, is SoR spiraling down now? or just a road bump?

On the topic of my post Chris is right, The bottom 3 is in place because those servers have hard times against others anywhere near there and generally not even one fully dedicated wvw guild. Their coverage is generally restricted to 1-2 hours of NA prime as well for big fights, so its hard for them to even come close to competing against other Bronze league servers. The top 3 is obvious, they only want to fight each other as is, they know they blow out literally anyone else.

Also— Leagues do not need to be 7 weeks long with that amount of servers per league, it could be 4-5 weeks instead.

Isle Of Janthir