Week 3 Underworld / Desolation / Aurora Glade

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ins.7139

Ins.7139

Q:

Here’s hoping to a fun week, be nice to see some new faces amongst the AG crew, and a couple of old faces Won’t be on tonight but you’ll see a blob tomorrow morning.

We all blob, we all hack, we all run, we all fail hard and die, keep it friendly

Personnal message: G i’m gonna find you!

[PT] Ins For Da Waaagh
www.twitch.tv/ins_for_da_wagh
PuG Commander, blobbing it up since 2012!

in Match-ups

Posted by: AllRghtsRsrvd.1905

AllRghtsRsrvd.1905

Let’s have some good fight’s!

Desolation
[PT] Killed By The Tree ( noob thief )
Guild – Da Pain Train

in Match-ups

Posted by: Silent Shino.7239

Silent Shino.7239

I see someone got to making a thread before me

Apologies in advance towards Underworld for any large scale blobbing, don’t feel too bad, we’re both in the same boat :L

btw Deso, I notice that you have suddenly gained a huge amount of strength despite being so weak just before the season, any reason why?

Shino: Guardian of the Glade
Aurora Glade EU [JUST] roamer
All is vain: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/first

(edited by Silent Shino.7239)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Merc The Forgotten.5610

Merc The Forgotten.5610

Our pve people joined our strenght.
They are helping us a lot.

in Match-ups

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

i guess desolation is one of rare servers grateful for pve in wvw.

in Match-ups

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

i guess desolation is one of rare servers grateful for pve in wvw.

I don’t think “grateful” if the right word for me being stuck in hour long queues so people can do the jumping puzzle and get their achievement points.

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

in Match-ups

Posted by: iorlas.6721

iorlas.6721

yea right.. Tankolation pvers save the day

in Match-ups

Posted by: Weli.4568

Weli.4568

Would you please stop with that non-sense. We didn’t tank anything. If you think that deso “tanking to get to silver” is a joke then please grow up and move on. Figure out something new please

Scatter the Weak [WK], Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]
Desolation

in Match-ups

Weli.4568

Nope I just don’t find it amusing anymore, that’s it

Desolation

in Match-ups

iorlas.6721

blobadon,golems hold, tankolation..servers get names for a reason

in Match-ups

Posted by: Amelia Knox.9362

Amelia Knox.9362

Ty for the fight ExG and GoD and all Deso pugs!

[Dawn] Gandara
Guild Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: Redball.7236

Redball.7236

Whether deso tanked or not isn’t really the question since it’s hugely obvious you did (I mean just look at the server score history on mos.millenium).
It’s more about whether they tanked for a good reason (so they don’t get blobbed every week in gold league) or just because they wanted to win.

Cassius Snowstorm – Engineer
Tycho Snowpaw – Guardian
Gandara – [WvW]

in Match-ups

warriorjrd.8695

yea right.. Tankolation pvers save the day

I think most desolation players can agree that the influx of players is more than a nuisance. These queues, people not on teamspeak, people not listening to the commander, the queues.

Believe me, I would rather lose the match and be able to actually play the game, than win and not be able to.

Edit: ^ said while in a queue

in Match-ups

Posted by: Manuelito.6081

Manuelito.6081

Apart from some trolls, I have to say that I am having fun so far. I really do not think that it is important whether desolation tanked or not. I would rather focus on the fights and match-ups and see what happens there.

[ROCK]
Desolation

in Match-ups

warriorjrd.8695

Whether deso tanked or not isn’t really the question since it’s hugely obvious you did (I mean just look at the server score history on mos.millenium).
It’s more about whether they tanked for a good reason (so they don’t get blobbed every week in gold league) or just because they wanted to win.

I think a better question to ask is whether we intentionally tanked or not. It seems people only think a server can intentionally tank, but if that’s the case then how come nobody is calling out underworld for tanking and trying to drop to bronze league?

(edited by warriorjrd.8695)

in Match-ups

Manuelito.6081

I think a better question to ask is whether we intentionally tanked or not. It seems people only think a server can intentionally tank, but if that’s the case then how come nobody is calling out underworld for tanking and trying to drop to bronze league?

good point, my friend. I think it is objective that Desolation lost some wvw guilds which were holding the pace.

[ROCK]
Desolation

in Match-ups

Posted by: Silent Shino.7239

Silent Shino.7239

I don’t think Underworld were tanking http://mos.millenium.org/servers/history/22 (ignore the latest three weeks) they’ve been around that area for ages.

Shino: Guardian of the Glade
Aurora Glade EU [JUST] roamer
All is vain: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/first

in Match-ups

Manuelito.6081

I hope to close this once for all: if Desolation had wanted to tank backwards into Silver League, I do not think that important wvw guilds would have left, right?

I hope this is the last post on the topic and we can continue with what’s important here: the fights.

[ROCK]
Desolation

in Match-ups

warriorjrd.8695

I don’t think Underworld were tanking http://mos.millenium.org/servers/history/22 (ignore the latest three weeks) they’ve been around that area for ages.

I wasn’t saying they were tanking, simply pointing out the fact that they too lost wvw guilds and had they lost them any earlier they would have, according to some, tanked into bronze league. Now Underworld is losing every matchup so far and will most likely finish last in silver league, does that mean they are intentionally dropping?

in Match-ups

iorlas.6721

They tanked because they didn’t want to be blobbed but they are happy to blob and win for the next few weeks

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sylosis.7125

Sylosis.7125

I’m afraid to say that the performance in DESO BL today has been awful.

Nice play from AG, 2 organised groups and dont die on the first engage unlike us.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kurppa.9473

Kurppa.9473

Always so funny to read that ppl from other servers know how things are on Deso better than ppl who have been on Deso since first beta. Just my two cents.

in Match-ups

Posted by: florence.1674

florence.1674

For everyone who accuses Desolation of tanking, I present to you a conundrum.

Do you let Desolation win, and force them to promote to Gold?
Or challenge Desolation, beat Desolation and perhaps prove yourselves wrong?

WvW law #1: nobody in WvW can count.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Phoebe Poison.4875

Phoebe Poison.4875

Tagging the thread for easy find, but it’s already boring.

-

in Match-ups

Posted by: NYRKKIPAULA.8051

NYRKKIPAULA.8051

poor iorlas the mighty uw warrior :< your server is going to get blobbed no matter the matchup this season.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rapsod.4629

Rapsod.4629

Friday not even over yet and you QQ already? this should be a sweet matchup anyways try and be nice and lets play ingame and not on forums =D

-Desolation -[PT]Mesmer/Necromancer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jordiboy.2301

Jordiboy.2301

best reset ive ever had on UW BL

Nadroj Lionheart
Human Female Guardian
Officer of Excessum [Exss]

in Match-ups

Posted by: ethier.3417

ethier.3417

Tankolation lol, A Server with one of the biggest population in the game and they’re in Silver League. What a joke this server moved down to Silver to get an Easy win.

That’s the flame done, Let’s have some good fights this week, and sorry UW

Ethier 80 Necro Callous Philosophy [LaG]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kurppa.9473

Kurppa.9473

Tankolation lol, A Server with one of the biggest PVE population in the game and they’re in Silver League. What a joke this server moved down to Silver to get an Easy win.

Corrected.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Amelia Knox.9362

Amelia Knox.9362

Wins = Coverage, WvW Population = Coverage
While i don’t think Desolation should be on Silver, Kodash or Augury rock should be a better server for Silver it self, If anybody it’s playing PPT and not playing in the TOP TOP server probably even only Na it’s doing in wrong, also for people that calling challenge, haveing more people it’s not challenge, it’s just haveing more people, there is nothing wrong in that, but don’t fool yourself, oh i carried the server so HARD, did so much work, that pharse it’s only reserved for Commanders and Scout of the various server that really keep up the server.

I have nothing aganist Desolation, for now you show a good fight, not even lag because of the absent Underworld.
I hope it will be a good week, Anybody thinking PPT, well that game competiveness died 1 week after the game release, if people want to win they need to recruit, or have a massive slepping population that now that are winning show up in Silver League.

Nothing wrong with that, but the Man-Hours spent by desolation in WvW was better if it was in Gold league.

[Dawn] Gandara
Guild Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dranul.2094

Dranul.2094

Good to be back leading this evening. While due to the state of the game (queues/lag) a lot of guilds have seen decreased activity – I mean who can blame them, who wants to sit in a queue for hours, only to dc after a few fights and be in queue again.

So ran 15 TUP for the first few hours, peaking at 20-1, was a fun evening. Thanks for the fights UW and Deso on UW BL.

Too many names to pick out both old and new, but thanks to all for the fights. A very enjoyable evening.

Kind Regards TUP

Dranul – Guild Leader – The Unlikely Plan [TUP]
Aurora Glade EU
http://theunlikelyplangw2.guildlaunch.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Grotesque.6480

Grotesque.6480

Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG] are looking for GvGs this week. Interested? Holla at me ingame. Looking forward to possible GvGs!

Team Aggression [TA]

(edited by Grotesque.6480)

in Match-ups

Posted by: ethier.3417

ethier.3417

Tankolation lol, A Server with one of the biggest PVE population in the game and they’re in Silver League. What a joke this server moved down to Silver to get an Easy win.

Corrected.

Does it really matter? Coverage = Win. With the AP as well on offer, This point isn’t really valid. I mean even AG have felt the hit of the PvE population, increasing Q times at prime time from 10-15 mins and even an empty border to 1-2hours queue all around at prime.

I digress anyway, Don’t care about the season, don’t care about PPT and the boring meta. I look forward to fighting Deso on the field, here’s to some good fights.

Ethier 80 Necro Callous Philosophy [LaG]

(edited by ethier.3417)

in Match-ups

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

Desolation alliance of what is left of wvw guilds is doing an awesome job trying to organize and provide one of the best commanders in EU 24/7, to show our new wvw community that it can be fun. I hope they enjoy themselves and that most of them will stay in wvw permanently.

I am sorry you Silver league guys are having issues with Deso being in Silver league atm, but the fact is that if we didn’t have gigantic influx of new players from pve, we would not have been able to be where we are atm. What Deso was when the leagues started is more like 4-6 place in the Silver league.

A big thanks to all our guys coming into wvw, and i hope you stay. Personally I don’t mind queues on primetime, as long as we running strong!

in Match-ups

Weli.4568

Corrected.

Does it really matter? Coverage = Win. With the AP as well on offer, This point isn’t really valid. I mean even AG have felt the hit of the PvE population, increasing Q times at prime time from 10-15 mins and even an empty border to 1-2hours queue all around at prime.

I digress anyway, Don’t care about the season, don’t care about PPT and the boring meta. I look forward to fighting Deso on the field, here’s to some good fights.

ah but the situation was bit different here. Even before we started dropping in ranks we had no ques outside primetime. But when the league started the first week we had ques almost 18hours a day. The prime time ques… just awfull. So it does matter if the PvE guys do what they want and die on first impact. We’ve had a situation where there’s one hour queue but only 10 guys around the commander. The rest were kittening in ruins or doing jp or other kitten like that. But the PvEers have their good sides too. Lately it’s been a bit better than the first week so they’ve been improving.

Anyways have a great MU and thnx for TUP and VcY for some fun fights at least from my part. Commanding drunken finnish train ain’t easy And omg that UW blob.

Desolation

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rynier.3629

Rynier.3629

Irrespective of who did what to get to this matchup, the fact remains that these 3 servers are in this matchup. The topic was to discuss THIS matchup. So lets stick to it pls. No point crying about the past.

Good job guys. LASt night fighting on EB was intense. You okes hit like a truck with that hammer train. Some really awesome fights and I hope we have even more in the days to come

PS give us half of your after hour coverage pls. Those numbers must be amazing at 3 – 5 am

in Match-ups

Posted by: Oren.1736

Oren.1736

Deso, the only things that separates gold league servers to silver (and it does the distinction very well thankfully) is the amount of participation server-wide you get in wvw during the whole day. You guys seem too sympathetic to yourselves over loosing a bunch of guilds. Guilds contribution to ppt is minute, absolute best thing a guild can do for their server is take down upgraded properties, timeframe is a limitation in this respect. Deso has a very organised community at large, but the second you lost some guilds, especially your night capping one your community flat out gave up on wvw ppt-wise, tanking or not, that was the situation. AG had 2 points on which it lost at least half of it’s wvw guilds we did not drop anywhere though, our community kept playing as usual. Both deso and AG are huge servers, our pve players stopped playing after they got wvw-meta achievement first week and half, sure we got more participation now, but we are not much of a community driven wvw server, and you guys are. Point being – keep it up, get back to gold league next season, we want kodash back, and don’t forget, Far Shiverpeaks recruiting.
Best of a play week to all

S U P E R Oron – [TCHU]
Charr Guardian – Gandara(EU)
“KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOMS”

in Match-ups

Posted by: quenoz.3859

quenoz.3859

can we stop talking about all this blah and start talking about the actual matchup?
open another thread for all your accusations etc.

reset night was fun, may the upgrades mostly be t1 this week.

The Unlikely Plan [TUP] Raid Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Interesting post on the UW “community” forums earlier today

Aurora Glade needs you!!!

Most of the players on Aurora Glade feel that because Desolation dropped from tier 1 to tier 2, just to have an easy season is a load of Bullkitten.

If you guys are interested…
Why don’t we both focus our efforts on Desolation.

Quite funny to see something like that after UW have been attacked by a high amount of AG blobs most of last night.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Match-ups

iorlas.6721

poor iorlas the mighty uw warrior :< your server is going to get blobbed no matter the matchup this season.

I’m a Mesmer and a fool…wonder if i’ll get a infraction for calling myself a fool

in Match-ups

Ins.7139

All i’m going to say to most the kitten in this thread is this;

3 times now in Deso’s history a mass exodus has occurred, and each time we have climbed back from the pits because dedicated community members step up and help us re-build. We have a massive PvE population that rarely venture into WvW and Anet provided us with the carrot on a stick to get them back into WvW shortly after 6-7 major guilds left.

6-7 guilds leaving wasn’t a problem, it was the amount of experienced commanders they took with them, and the amount of people that left because they left that was the problem. So we stepped up our recruitment, we formed PT to pick up the pugs and get them trained and give them a entry point into WvW. We have dedicated commanders for off hours to ensure our PPT covers our now weak Primetime (due to lack of Dedicated guilds).

PvEr’s don’t play unless it’s fun and that’s why we get hammered during primetime. They clog up the Q’s and run around like headless chickens, yet they ensure we hold a decent PPT in off hours.

This is the new Deso, like it or hate it we don’t care. We are re-building and in a good position to win Silver League. Other servers may not play PPT, other servers may just fight for the fights as we once did when were stuck with VS for 4 months. We’ve been there, we know what it’s like to get hammered 24/7 but we’re still here fighting for the community. Either suck it up and get over it or carry on QQing on these forums.

We are Deso, we want to win the league and us managing to pull this off after the kitten we had to deal with will make it that much more of an accomplishment. If Anet had not added achis to WvW i have no doubt we would be struggling. We put the time and effort into getting stuff done, so don’t flame us because we are willing to do it.

Was a pretty boring alarm clock form up, best fight was for AG BL WP, why you left to attack bay letting us back in i have no idea but gf’s none the less. Looking forward to fighting VcY, VoTF, TuP and many others during the week when i lead PT untagged.

Annoyed. angry, upset or just raging about opur coverage i don’t care. Play the game for what it is and congratulate other servers where credit is due. Let’s have a fun matchup

[PT] Ins For Da Waaagh

in Match-ups

iorlas.6721

Tankolation standard excuse;)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shtra Quo.1932

Shtra Quo.1932

Does that still count as sieging up garri?

Attachments:

Freck – You’ve been desolated!

in Match-ups

Ins.7139

GOLUMMMMMS just wish someone had attacked something so i got to use them lol have fun whoever does get the chance <3

[PT] Ins For Da Waaagh

in Match-ups

Posted by: Motìerre.8521

Motìerre.8521

VoTF

→ FSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: bitum.3265

bitum.3265

I guess all agree that the battle for SM last night was epic, gg both deso and AG, gz both commanders, its kinda’ thing that makes wvw worth playn: good fights even if u lose or win.Too bad that AG lost focus for awhile and map turn blue shortly.
Tho last night Hall of Fame laurels goes to the underworld ranger who just kept fighting to death again and again and again and again vs. 2 angry servers. Respect.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Okaishi.8320

Okaishi.8320

Quite funny to see something like that after UW have been attacked by a high amount of AG blobs most of last night.

It was reset and we had queues on every border, I’m not sure what you expect.

Had great fun yesterday evening anyway, there were a lot of good fights to be found. Wish I didn’t lag that much during the first two hours of it, but it couldn’t be helped. The players still on UW playing WvW have my admiration, these sure are hard times. Hoping to find some fun small scale still though :P

Member of TUP on Gandara

in Match-ups

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

It was reset and we had queues on every border, I’m not sure what you expect.

True enough, but there were quite a few Desolation points on our map, but for some reason the AG blob seemed to focus on us anyway.

Just find it ironic that AG suddenly want to work together just a few hours after that.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Match-ups

Posted by: Okaishi.8320

Okaishi.8320

I know nothing about any alliances or anything like that. What I do know is that we had 2 guild groups running seperately for almost the entire evening, and I’m sure that when one guild was engaging Deso the other was more on UW’s turf. So you may get the impression we were ‘focusing’ you, but in the end we’re just looking for fights to be fought.

Member of TUP on Gandara

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gell.5907

Gell.5907

I’m Deso since launch and hell, even I don’t know what the reason was. I noticed people talking in map chats about us intentionally dropping to silver in order to have life easier and to win more, but the discussion usually ended in "lol"s, “kittens” and “noobs” being tossed around.

I had played plenty way back, before the ranks and stuff. That must have been when all the guilds and pros were around. Nowadays, I’ve been around mostly past-midnight and early morning/noon (GMT+1) and I gotta say, some of the fights and organization and actions and speshul taktiks have been pretty kitten good. Even with the so-called PvErs. Much better than in the good ol’ days actually.

Also, EB having queue at 8.40am is nothing rare here.

Kudos to our commanders who manage to whip the herd into some shape and form and have it behave and play nicely towards a common goal.

Tasty N Plush, Perty The Perturbed [HaBB]
Desolation