Week 7 - FA/SBI/DB [Wagon burning 2.0]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Downskee.2649

Downskee.2649

wow! there was atleast 30 more sbi that were not in the picture anyways, all sbi does is blob and not have fair 2v2s! much sadness! exclamation mark!

Attachments:

(edited by Downskee.2649)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Juunro.7082

Juunro.7082

Thanks sbi for the fights, hope to fight you guys again soon. Heres my new outnumbered series 2 with you guys in it, enjoy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpaPKXr4sL8.

Your selection of music is just terrible. Terrible.

Video was otherwise fun to watch.

Axe Murdering, Longbowing tiny Asura Mohawk’d Warrior

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tibstrike.2974

Tibstrike.2974

[NV] IS TOO STRONK!

that’s why you got slaughtered along with 3 other guilds 3 times at NW tower @ SBI BL and while you were sieging said tower, we took bay and hills for 3 ticks and counting from what I see on millennium, ty for the 3 exotics I got so far!

You mean when we fought you guys for like ten minutes as you kept respawning and running back? Yeah great times! My bags had to be emptied three times during that extravaganza. Thanks for bringing the map zerg!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

The argument that SBI won on reset night or even through the weekend is weak sauce. This is like saying you won the first quarter of a basketball game. Who cares? A loss is a loss.

I wish I could see more GvG’s being set up instead of all this QQ and excuses.

Uh, that’s actually an extreme poor analogy. In a basketball game, the 1st quarter of a basketball game is when they warm up. The most crucial period, also known as “clutch time”, is actually the last 5 minutes of the game. WvW, however, it’s reset weekend where things are the most important when it comes to fights. It’s when all the serious WvW guilds show up on reset and every server has their maps queued. Whether it’s SEA or EU, people will show up and get maps queued up. When weekdays come about, it all goes to coverage. Whoever have the bigger population that can show up 24/7.

For example, DB’s SEA presence is still godly. So they usually come about sweeping all our keeps even if it’s fully upgraded. Does that mean our entire server suck? Well, uh, no. It means we lack WvWers in that period in relative to the opponent’s numbers. The samething could be said of DB when on our NA primetime. They seem to lack the population and you could obviously see it on reset weekend. They have their own players validating this statement.

PPT to most serious WvW guilds means almost nothing. They know it ultimately comes down to coverage. Bigger servers will mostly (but not definitively) stomp smaller servers. We come for the fights. Thanks for some of the FA/DB here at least that isn’t trasktalking or trolling because they’re bored.

I would like to clarify that I was i no way trash talking or trolling. I simply pointed out that out of a 7 day battle, to claim SBI won the first 2 or 3 days of that just has no validation at all.

The basketball analogy wasn’t a poor one. You’re just delving into the analogy a little too much. Let me try to flesh it out some. If a basketball endgame score is 85-54 but the losing team was up by 6 points at the end of the first quarter, does that matter? No it doesn’t. At the end of the day, they lost. There was 3 other quarters to play.

That’s the point. SBI may have one day 1 and 2. They are losing day 3,4, and 5 though. The arguments of coverage is old as well. Everyone who plays the game of WvW understands the coverage pains.

What I’d love to see here on these forums instead of QQ though is GvG set ups between BAGS and HOPE or other guilds. Let’s stop seeing all the trash going back and forth how they all 1v5 people and there 10 man mob destroyed a 50 man zerg. Let’s see these high powered guilds set some things up and battle it out. Make it even, make it fair, make it fun.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

in Match-ups

Posted by: ActionCat.4162

ActionCat.4162

Good fight last night between Anz and splendon last night, we started fighting FA which we pretty much defeated and then the SBI zerg came rolling in, I thought we were done for initially but we fought hard and it took you guys a loooot longer to dispatch us than i expected. Great fight!

Commander ActionCat [BMO] – DragonBrand

in Match-ups

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

WTF happened to us, SBI? I know I haven’t been able to play all week cause of school, but man, +35 in the morning today. That is sad

in Match-ups

Posted by: Atreidies.6257

Atreidies.6257

Props to Olaf fighting hard every night

[NV] Night Vision
Trick Trick Trick
Guild Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

Well, it looks like it will be another 50k point spread between FA and SBI by the end of the day tomorrow.

Thanks for all the fights SBI and DB, I look forward to next time we square off.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: grabemx.9836

grabemx.9836

WTF happened to us, SBI? I know I haven’t been able to play all week cause of school, but man, +35 in the morning today. That is sad

It’s Dragonbrand’s SEA presence. No one can keep up with that.

This is how I feel when I am trying to defend a tower against that.

Grabemx – Worst Necro NA
[SIC] – Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kcrook.3945

Kcrook.3945

The argument that SBI won on reset night or even through the weekend is weak sauce. This is like saying you won the first quarter of a basketball game. Who cares? A loss is a loss.

I wish I could see more GvG’s being set up instead of all this QQ and excuses.

Uh, that’s actually an extreme poor analogy. In a basketball game, the 1st quarter of a basketball game is when they warm up. The most crucial period, also known as “clutch time”, is actually the last 5 minutes of the game. WvW, however, it’s reset weekend where things are the most important when it comes to fights. It’s when all the serious WvW guilds show up on reset and every server has their maps queued. Whether it’s SEA or EU, people will show up and get maps queued up. When weekdays come about, it all goes to coverage. Whoever have the bigger population that can show up 24/7.

For example, DB’s SEA presence is still godly. So they usually come about sweeping all our keeps even if it’s fully upgraded. Does that mean our entire server suck? Well, uh, no. It means we lack WvWers in that period in relative to the opponent’s numbers. The samething could be said of DB when on our NA primetime. They seem to lack the population and you could obviously see it on reset weekend. They have their own players validating this statement.

PPT to most serious WvW guilds means almost nothing. They know it ultimately comes down to coverage. Bigger servers will mostly (but not definitively) stomp smaller servers. We come for the fights. Thanks for some of the FA/DB here at least that isn’t trasktalking or trolling because they’re bored.

I would like to clarify that I was i no way trash talking or trolling. I simply pointed out that out of a 7 day battle, to claim SBI won the first 2 or 3 days of that just has no validation at all.

The basketball analogy wasn’t a poor one. You’re just delving into the analogy a little too much. Let me try to flesh it out some. If a basketball endgame score is 85-54 but the losing team was up by 6 points at the end of the first quarter, does that matter? No it doesn’t. At the end of the day, they lost. There was 3 other quarters to play.

That’s the point. SBI may have one day 1 and 2. They are losing day 3,4, and 5 though. The arguments of coverage is old as well. Everyone who plays the game of WvW understands the coverage pains.

What I’d love to see here on these forums instead of QQ though is GvG set ups between BAGS and HOPE or other guilds. Let’s stop seeing all the trash going back and forth how they all 1v5 people and there 10 man mob destroyed a 50 man zerg. Let’s see these high powered guilds set some things up and battle it out. Make it even, make it fair, make it fun.

I’m sure once we can field more than 8-12 a night that gvgs will become something we do regularly. For now, we are stoked to get 10 people on at once. Did get the opportunity to see HOPE gvg last night though and they are indeed good so I look forward to it. Hopefully it can happen sooner rather than later. We are slowly gaining members!

Ps. We did post a video early on in the matchup though. We can’t be all talk right?

-Ckrael- THE Guardian
[Bags]
Ebay << What a mistake.

in Match-ups

Posted by: ActionCat.4162

ActionCat.4162

It’s Dragonbrand’s SEA presence. No one can keep up with that.

This is how I feel when I am trying to defend a tower against that.

Yes.. we are quite fortunate for our SEA presence. Still… thats how we feel at times when the NA times are on and were 20 vs 60+. We give those zergs hell though… muahahah!

Commander ActionCat [BMO] – DragonBrand

in Match-ups

Posted by: etiolate.9185

etiolate.9185

My perspective: I was looking forward to this week, but that’s when the outcome would have mattered. Now it doesn’t matter much. This is due to the shenanigans of last week, but last week didn’t just make this week meaningless, but also killed the whole vibe of the league nonsense. The various misdeeds of the past week soured the whole experience.

I’ve also been sick all week and downing the NyQuil. However, I am playing more lightly this week because there was just too much lame in the previous week.

Zed Zebes – SBI Mesmer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bannok.3152

Bannok.3152

Heh, we were really going to push on that FA blob outside of their keep in EB, however not many remained after your first push. Have a lot of fun fighting ING primetime, was same way last matchup. Hope to see you guys tonight.

Bannok – Dark Covenant (SBI)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

After extensive research i can now say with certainty, that neither FA nor DB have a single not horrendously bad player between them. I am truly dissapointed in the effort these servers have put forward to not be this horrendously bad. That is all.

FA has a few good players amongst their hordes. Most are just bags on feet. Must be a side effect of being a bandwagon destination.

DB has a many more good players among them.

SBI

in Match-ups

grabemx.9836

After extensive research i can now say with certainty, that neither FA nor DB have a single not horrendously bad player between them. I am truly dissapointed in the effort these servers have put forward to not be this horrendously bad. That is all.

FA has a few good players amongst their hordes. Most are just bags on feet. Must be a side effect of being a bandwagon destination.

DB has a many more good players among them.

Don’t look now but your jealousy is showing.

Grabemx – Worst Necro NA
[SIC] – Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

FA feathers are ruffled.

SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mirah.5613

Mirah.5613

FA feathers are ruffled.

Attachments:

Ash – [RET] Guardian – FA
#poopootiem

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tom.8029

Tom.8029

So you’re making that assessment based on the fact I’m from FA? Ignorance at it’s finest.

Except it’s not, because as a FA person you preach about people being ignorant and hypocritical, however it’s the vast majority of your people who are the ones being hypocritical and ignorant. So yes, I’m allowed to make a statement based solely off the fact of what server you’re on and what you said. Don’t you love logic?

Excuse me. No. Just no. You can’t make that assessment based on what server a person is from. Not only does every server have people like this, but also NOT everyone on that particular server is like this. Making this assumption, even if it may be one of heuristics based on your opinion, will simply be branded by most as an act of laziness and/or ignorance because generalizing everyone is simply unfair and an easy thing to do.

Even if everyone on a server acted this way, what would stop them from transferring to another server without your knowledge? Does everyone on the new server automatically be branded like this as well? Suddenly, your logic has failed.

Think more heavily and critically about what you type and how if may affect the people reading it before you type it in the future. I feel like if most people had good and smart intentions, they would have nothing to say.

Primordial Dragons [Drgn]
Fort Aspenwood Elementalist

(edited by Tom.8029)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Adahilia.3678

Adahilia.3678

I was looking through some old cartoon clips and came across this one. so reminds me of the forums

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

It sure got quiet around here.

Is everybody ok?

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81

in Match-ups

Posted by: Adahilia.3678

Adahilia.3678

Is everybody ok?

maybe they didn’t like bugs bunny >.>

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shoiba.2980

Shoiba.2980

Yay 15 pages! now for another 15 more!

Value has a value only if its value is valued.
~~Fake Russian Full of Lies~~

in Match-ups

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

Is everybody ok?

I can stir up a few more pages. Trolls seem to like me a bit too much

Commander Nachonix

in Match-ups

grabemx.9836

Grabemx – Worst Necro NA
[SIC] – Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Astrea.1794

Astrea.1794

I had a blast roaming with my recently re-geared and re-specced mesmer. Learned a lot this week. Thanks to all those that dueled me.

in Match-ups

Juunro.7082

Hey, SBI, FA, this I feel is the best thing for both of us at this point:

It’s been a good week; we lost, but we didn’t lose without making you work for it.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jubei.4015

Jubei.4015

Man this was a good fight, and I think if this week really meant a change in the league standing for us, I think we would have been a bit more focused, but as it is, we played hard maybe not as hard as we would have hoped, but SBI is not push over, that you will know!! when you deal with us you will have a fight on your hands. Hats off to FA, good work throwing it down all week but I think this league is too easy for you, I would have liked the competition to be a little less obvious. The issue last week with ebay and yaks left a very sour taste in SBI’s mouth, obviously, but it also meant that we were kitten ed off that weekend, heck we would have given Blackgate a good go at it that weekend. lol but like everyone knows Friday status is about coverage and SBI’s coverage seems to have declined big time, did we lose a guild at night, we used to be decent there. I am disappointed that my guild split up, we were one of those that made sbi very dangerous in the initial transferals, (DDLG). I don’t know about sbi burning though, I think we are just settling down and settling in. I think the Yak/Ebay thing really solidified the guilds a little. We’ll see, we’ll either be very good or right were we are now. but I don’t “foresee” SBI falling to bronze over this stuff

in Match-ups

Posted by: Radioactive.1248

Radioactive.1248

Thanks [RET] for fights today

Star Player
[KEK]

in Match-ups

Posted by: nomdeplums.5780

nomdeplums.5780

Had good fights in the Sanctum with TE and sC past two days. Thanks for fun, and we hope to see more SBI guilds get involved in gvgs.

in Match-ups

Juunro.7082

Had good fights in the Sanctum with TE and sC past two days. Thanks for fun, and we hope to see more SBI guilds get involved in gvgs.

I am the only active player actually in my guild; every time my little axe wielding Asura warrior gets into a fight, it’s technically a gvg.

And I win more then half of those I get into.

FEAR ME.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chess Jurist.3580

Chess Jurist.3580

I can taste all the SBI tears! cheers to those fighting a losing battle =D

in Match-ups

Posted by: bigblah.3285

bigblah.3285

Regardless of all the PvF, the people I’ve come across in-game have actually been relatively civil this matchup. Cheers to everyone for the good sportsmanship.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mirah.5613

Mirah.5613

Thanks [RET] for fights today

Yes, Twas fun. Call us anytime…

Ash – [RET] Guardian – FA
#poopootiem

in Match-ups

Posted by: Radioactive.1248

Radioactive.1248

To the 15 FA who built 2 ballistas and an arrow cart at Northeast tower on FA BL to kill 7 people:

You’re doing it wrong.

Star Player
[KEK]

in Match-ups

Posted by: cobracommander.5861

cobracommander.5861

Darth
Necro
CD-FA-TC-HoD-SoS-TC-FA-SBI-SoS-JQ-ET-SFR-FA-DR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Valleria Darkmoon.4506

Valleria Darkmoon.4506

My My My, so much vitriol in this silly slap, especially from YB that isn’t even in this match, was last week really that bad for you? I play EVE, where you gotta be HAM just to log in and yet that game manages to be so much more civil while tearing each others throats out rather than (gasp) forcing a respawn.

On another note, some good fights tonight, got some embarassing footage of FA tonight on their BL, going up on YouTube now. Watch this thread for updates and link, the season may be almost over but I’m not done yet, nor do I ever stop fighting. I love fighting so much that this is my slow-cooker and I’m about to turn it back on.

Attachments:

(edited by Valleria Darkmoon.4506)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Naztharius.7639

Naztharius.7639

What a fun week! Good show DB and FA. Shout out to [BOSS] and [HOPE] for the fun fights today in DB BL bay. Def favorite match up of the season!

Commander Naztharius – [KWBH]
GM of Kingswood Brotherhood -SBI
Bringer Of Truth

in Match-ups

Posted by: Elite Slasher.3561

Elite Slasher.3561

To the 15 FA who built 2 ballistas and an arrow cart at Northeast tower on FA BL to kill 7 people:

You’re doing it wrong.

To 15 SBI who build a lot of siege in North FA camp than build a golem and took it to Northeast Tower and got killed by 7 FA you are doing it wrong. Fixed it for you.

Fort Aspenwood
Commander Elite Slasher [PRO]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Roquefort.4160

Roquefort.4160

to all the SBI playing tonight in OCX. youre doing it wrong.
(its friday, youre all so serious. SO LAME. learn to friday in WvW)

Unreal Aussies [uA]
Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

Seriously DB and SBI, try to lose with dignity. Having most your players hacking to just get and edge is just shameful. BTW when anet slams the permaban hammer and your WvW population is decimated then maybe you will all think twice next time before you think nobody is paying attention.

Forever Against Stacked Servers
Virual [VRUS] Alien Lunatics [StFu] Nocturnal Sxaddx [Nuts] Ft. Aspenwood
That which is dead may eternally lie, but with great aeons even death may die.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

Forever Against Stacked Servers
Virual [VRUS] Alien Lunatics [StFu] Nocturnal Sxaddx [Nuts] Ft. Aspenwood
That which is dead may eternally lie, but with great aeons even death may die.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Legion is scared to fight you Andy. He’d lose.

I’ve had whole evenings of doing little more than handing Holy Pickle speed buffs and still ended up with a mountain of kill credit. Heck, I’m a handicap since downing me sometimes rallies people he’s beat into the floorboards.

Dude is a 1vAny-and-All-of-Y’all killing machine.

Its actually a bit scary and that’s with a blue nameplate over him .

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Match-ups

Posted by: GabGar.4962

GabGar.4962

Looks like my predictions on SBI’s implosion, unsurprisingly, turned out to be true.

Now the only question remains how far will SBI fall? What was that about the epic heroic comeback to T1 SBI??

Terrible then, terrible now.

SBI beat FA fair and square on reset night.

We were winning by the end of the weekend.

If you are gloating about PPT go ahead, you get an average of 10k lead every day because of time zone gaps. But our NA can definitely match yours.

And if you really think having a lot of PPT is impressive, check out week 40, before leagues. SBI rolled FA by 70k

Yeah guys SBI is imploding

It is funny YB beat BOTH FA and SBI in ALL reset nights, and stilll lost 2 weeks with them, sad excuses of SBI, in sports it doesn’t matter the team score in the first 10 minutes, what matters is bring the TOTAL effort to ALL the play time.

Get over it SBI, YB destroyed your back kitten, period.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Arcuss.6457

Arcuss.6457

Seriously DB and SBI, try to lose with dignity. Having most your players hacking to just get and edge is just shameful. BTW when anet slams the permaban hammer and your WvW population is decimated then maybe you will all think twice next time before you think nobody is paying attention.

Making accusations without proof is very uncouth of you, and just embarrassing for you. Also, if we were hacking, I’m certain that we wouldn’t be losing right now. Unless you were also hacking?

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

You can compare a lot of things using analogies . That’s why they are used.

Winning for the first part of ANY game and losing at the end yields the same result. A LOSS.

FA is never a reset night champion, but the players from FA will grind out a week to take the win.

Maybe you got your hopes up and that’s why you’re so upset now. You guys will beat us again one day, but it hasn’t happened the last 2 times we’ve fought. Live with it.

(edited by Furiousbeard.7602)

in Match-ups

Posted by: feltri.5062

feltri.5062

great job FA you guys beat us on fair way , you did awesome figths and imo was the best of leagues , in the other hands i want say thanks for the dirty server in the league YB , they remind me how human can be dishonest and try everything to WIN, Mach manipulation is against the rules and they did it … btw i dosent matter anymore and i hope they keep the dirty on the next sessons (lol)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

I’m not upset about nothing, it was clear we woudn’t be able to pull out with a win because even with a lot of people’s efforts you guys could make gain 10k lead on us starting from monday. I’m proud of what we were able to achieve when we got somewhat equal numbers

I have even congratulated FA on the win here and other threads, but like I said, saying it wasn’t because of coverage is really silly

Commander Nachonix

in Match-ups

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

Fun fact – all servers win by having more skill and lose by having less coverage. It works out, somehow.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mek.2947

Mek.2947

Why are Yak’s talking smack in this thread? I mean…it’s not like anyone takes you seriously. You can’t handle a challenging match-up without putting on the Pampers and getting help from another server.

in Match-ups

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

great job FA you guys beat us on fair way , you did awesome figths and imo was the best of leagues , in the other hands i want say thanks for the dirty server in the league YB , they remind me how human can be dishonest and try everything to WIN, Mach manipulation is against the rules and they did it … btw i dosent matter anymore and i hope they keep the dirty on the next sessons (lol)

Dirty? LOL
SBI is so clean that they never send spies/griefers to other server.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE